Old 06-19-2003, 04:35 PM   #41
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

LYRA

Clear out your PM's please!

About your revised post:

Just PM the whole thing to me the way you want it done and I'll put it up for you.

Thanks! Pio
Old 06-19-2003, 04:40 PM   #42
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Durelin

I deleted your original post and pasted in the new one.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:50 PM   #43
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Lyra!

As your pms are full, yes I think that would be an ideal relationship between Siriel and Emilia. I'll be interested to see how it works out [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 06-19-2003, 08:09 PM   #44
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

*sniff* No one wants to be in my evil group? *sniff sniff* Let's see, I need a mother and three maids ... if no one comes to play them all, can I play one of the maids? Pio, I noticed that you do this sometimes ... will you put a sort of "Heads Up" about this in the Green Dragon? Sorry if I'm a bit impatient!

Durelin: That's perfect.

I'm really impressed with the characters so far!

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-19-2003, 08:24 PM   #45
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

Im sorry if I'm in the way or something, but are there any spots left?

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 06-19-2003, 08:54 PM   #46
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alatariel: In the way? Nonsense! We need a few more for the group of the citadel and 3 maids and a mother for the corsair group! Make sure you read the game sheet and the first little post I added on the discussion thread if you want to join!

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-19-2003, 09:06 PM   #47
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Silmaril

Sorry, but I feel the story is a bit to confusing for me, it would be my first RPG if I were to take part in it. I would need some help, if I were. I am not as farmiliar with this part of middle-earth, maybe another RPG, that is not as confusing will come along...

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 06-20-2003, 02:03 AM   #48
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please Note:

If you find an edit on your submitted character - it's just because I am setting up the First Posts in a manner that will make it easier and quicker for me to Cut & Paste them to the actual game thread.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:32 AM   #49
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Lyra, do you want me to edit you out
Nope, I'm sure Emilia would absolutely LOVE someone to give her the gossip. I suppose she could even make a sacrifice and try to be nice, since I doubt your character would have anything to do with her if she wasn't. Oh and I LOVE the sig!

My PMs are cleared out now (That's never happened to me before. I must be getting popular in my old age [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) so Sophia would you like to PM me back and we can organise it? We need a name, I think.

[ June 20, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-20-2003, 08:16 AM   #50
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would like to play a Lady in Finduilas' grouping, if that is still available. I will try to get a first post in later today.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:41 AM   #51
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have posted in the Green Dragon and the White Horse.

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? -No.

NAME: Meirelle - Evil Contingent

RACE: Corsair

WEAPONS: A small dagger for protection.

APPEARANCE: Short (5'5") with long brown hair and blue eyes.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Meirelle is a quiet, sneaky character. Her short stature makes it easier for her to slip about and spy on people. She usually thinks things through before doing them, but when she is in a hurry she randomly decides in a panic. Sometimes she tends to be a scatterbrain. When she becomes angry, she can fly into a rage before you know it. But rather than using her fists, she uses sharp, piercing words. She works for Dryea because she has no other skills for any other jobs of higher stature. She doesn't really care who she works for, as long as she gets paid.

HISTORY: Meirelle's parents raised her to be who she was: sneaky and quick-tempered. She has been a maid for the Corsairs for most of her working life - since she was 14. Her parents wanted her to be well educated (by their standards), so they put her in school for ten years. She absolutely hated it.

Horse-Maiden of the Shire's post

Meirelle awoke to another maid shaking her roughly by the shoulder. "Miss Meirelle! Meirelle! You're late for your duties!" she exclaimed, now resorting to slapping her face lightly.

Meirelle groaned and pushed the maid off of the bed, resulting in a thud on the floor. "I know," she said hotly. "Besides, I'm only..." her words trailed off as she looked at the clock in her quarters. "Half an hour?!?!? Oh, cram!!" Meirelle leapt out of bed, stepping on the maid who was still sprawled out on the floor. She grabbed her dress and hastily put it on. She quickly braided her hair into a single braid and grabbed her shoes that were sitting by the door.

Meirelle hopped down the hallway as she put on first her left, then her right shoe. She turned the corner and ran into yet another maid, who said, "Oh! You're late, Meirelle!" Her response was a grumbled "I know, I know..." She finally got to the main room, and slipped in quietly. Luckily nobody seemed to notice that she was gone, so she heaved a silent sigh of relief and relaxed.

"Make way for Finduilas, bride-to-be of Denethor II, son of Ecthelion!" A man's voice pierced the air sharply. Meirelle was jostled and shoved as people moved aside to make room for the Lady. Meirelle had to stand on her toes to look over peoples' shoulders. She hadn't caught the slightest glance of Finduilas yet, but when she did she drew in her breath sharply. Finduilas was no doubt a beauty among beauties. Denethor is a lucky man! thought Meirelle, as the Lady drew away through the passage in the crowd. The man's voice continued now: "Please continue to the Party to celebrate Finduilas' arrival in our fair city!"

Meirelle followed the others to the room where the party was held. It was decorated lavishly, with beautiful curtains and tapestries on the walls. Maids and servants were bustling to and fro. Someone tapped her on the shoulder and she spun around, to be handed a plate piled high with food. "Take this to Lady Dryea!" was the command. Meirelle made her way over to Dryea's table and handed her the plate of food. A quick glance and a small smile were her thanks as Meirelle curtsied and went off to find more duties.

[ June 20, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]
Old 06-20-2003, 03:44 PM   #52
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Ealasaid- that´s fine! I´m looking forward to your Bio! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Horse-Maiden- Check your PMs, please! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2003, 04:21 PM   #53
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

I'll have that Bio for you tomorrow! I ran out of time today. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2003, 11:48 PM   #54
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't believe it took me so long to find this thread! Argh! But I would dearly love to play in this, preferably an evil character with a small part. (I'm very busy in the summer.) Is there a role like this open, or could I create one?
Old 06-21-2003, 04:12 AM   #55
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Hirilaelin- a maid would be cool! It wouldn´t matter that much if you´re gone for awhile, I´d say. Awaiting your Bio! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Edit by Pio - And Hiri - your First Post, of course, along with it!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ June 21, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-21-2003, 04:32 PM   #56
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

I have posted in the Green Dragon.

Yes, I played a cameo role in Sailing Away and currently have a character in Dark Seduction.

Name: Averyll (one of Finduilas' ladies)

Race: Men

Weapons: none but her wits and presence of mind

Appearance: about average height with thick chestnut brown hair and blue eyes. She is pretty but the main source of her beauty comes from within. Just out of mourning, her clothing is elegant and of fine quality, but generally rather conservative and simple in design.

History: Averyll is the eldest daughter of a successful Dol Amroth merchant. She has two younger sisters that she is very fond of but seldom gets to see. Her father married her off at a young age to a young Naval officer, who turned out to be a gambler and a "rake". He was killed roughly a year before the story starts when his ship went lost at sea, leaving Averyll a widow with a (now) three year old son. After his death was confirmed it came out that he had enormous gambling debts outstanding which, once settled, left Averyll nearly penniless. Because she is very well-liked in Dol Amroth and of good reputation, her family was able to secure her a position as a lady-in-waiting to Finduilas.

Personality/ Strengths/Weaknesses: Averyll is kind and patient to a fault. Although she barely knows Finduilas, she takes her position seriously and is extremely loyal. She never raises her voice and always tries to treat everyone, even servants, with courtesy and dignity. She does not generally stoop to gossip, but she does have a bright and curious mind, which can sometimes lead her into awkward situations. In society, she will generally try to play the part of the peacemaker, always listening to both sides of a dispute.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Ealasaid's post

As they entered the great hall for the reception, Averyll, as one of the newest ladies added to Finduilas' court, found herself in the rear of the elegant party. She was not accustomed to being at court and found herself ever more and more impressed by the beauty and finery of the ladies of Minas Tirith as they swept past her on their way to pay respects to the future bride of Denethor. She glanced down at her own pale green dress with its white inserts at the sleeves and neckline that she had been so pleased with that morning, and felt instantly inferior.

"Well, it's better than mourning," she reminded herself softly. Her husband Calum, a young naval officer, had been lost at sea just over a year previous. The time since had been difficult on Averyll, but she was getting by. She thought fondly of her three year old son, whom she had been forced to leave with his grandparents in Dol Amroth. How long would it be before she would see him again? she wondered. How much will he have changed?

She sighed deeply, letting her eyes wander around the crowded room. It was ironic, the idea of her having come here for a wedding after the tragic disaster of her brief marriage. She looked forward to where Finduilas stood next to her sister Tessa, greeting the seemingly endless flow of beautiful ladies and elegant noblemen. I hope things work out better for you! she thought to herself. Not only had she lost her young husband a bare four years after their exchange of vows, but as soon as his death became known, a string of creditors had appeared at her door: gambling debts, unpaid bar tabs, unpaid bills of all kinds. Painstakingly, she had paid them all, but it had left her penniless. Out of kindness and a desire to help, her family had secured her the position with Finduilas only days before the lady's ship sailed for Minas Tirith. Now, as she watched Finduilas greet her future husband's people, Averyll felt a fierce protectiveness over the young woman.

Life could be so cruel sometimes. Finduilas would need friends in this strange new place, and Averyll intended to be there for her.

[ June 25, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-21-2003, 07:22 PM   #57
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Wonderful, Ealasaid! You´re exepted, welcome aboared. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

edit:
Horse-Maiden, I am soo sorry!! You´re exepted, I´m sorry I forgot to tell you!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]
Old 06-22-2003, 10:12 PM   #58
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

Poi asked me to repost my charecter bio if I still want to play in this game so here it is.

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES – Hunt for the Dragon, Sailing Away, and A House Divided will be starting soon

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – Both

For your character please include:

NAME: Eleniel (Elen for short) of Dol Amroth Finduilas lady/ Dol Amroth Group

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: nothing but her mind

APPEARANCE: Eleniel is a beautiful young woman, though not as beautiful as Finduilas. She has long, slightly wavy, dark, black hair and long eyelashes. She has grey eyes that sparkle when she is happy and dull when sad. People say that you can tell her feelings just by looking at her eyes. She stands tall and has a thin body (but she is not a twig). Her lips are light pink and when she smiles you can she her white teeth and her adorable dimples. She has pale, soft unblemished skin, and a delicate nose. She wears beautiful but not excessively elaborate dresses in shades of green, blue, white, sliver, or burgundy, usually with gold or silver patterns of turtles (her favorite animal) A picture of what she kinda looks like

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Eleniel is young, sweet and well loved by her family and friends. She is very outgoing, and very energetic. She is smart and quick-thing. She is caring and ambitious. She is quiet but not timid. She hates being mad at people and her anger at someone usually only last for one day. People say that you can tell her feelings just by looking at her eyes. She is also: lighthearted, wary, and ready for anything, trustworthy, loyal, active, and assertive. It takes Elen a long time to have faith and believe in someone, and she is very demanding. Sometimes she can be very stubborn. Even though many think she is a sweet girl she can be rude sometimes too.

HISTORY: Eleniel is 1 of three children in her family. She has a snotty older sister, and a playful and annoying younger brother. She always had to do the chores in her house because her sister made her. She started spending more time away from her house so she could be away from her sister. She became friends with Tessa and Finduilas around this time and they became very close. When Finduilas was going to leave and get married Eleniel decided to come also (mostly to get away form her sister who even at 30 isn’t married.).

Eleniel sat up slowly in bed. She was really tired. She looked around, and it took her a few minutes to register that she was in Minas Tirith. It was Finduilas’s big day. Eleniel got up and pulled back her curtains. Bright light streamed though, illuminating her room. She began getting dressed. She pulled on a green dress. It had been embroidered on it in gold was a turtle. Around her waist a golden and green thread were entwined and sewed on. It was her favorite dress and it had been made just for her for this special occasion. She pulled her long, dark, black hair into two braids and slipped on her shoes.

Eleniel looked out the window. She could see much of the White City from where she sat perched on the long windowsill. She saw the great walls that surrounded the city. The city was awake and moving. There were houses and shops that lined the streets. There were people with horses, and just walking. There were guards, and nobles, and peasants everywhere. This absolutely, positively, unquestionably, without doubt wasn’t a boring city. Eleniel pulled open her window, and leaned outside. She felt the cool fresh air fly though her. This was a wonderful city. But still she would always think Dol Amroth better.

She shut her window and walked out of her room. I need to check up on Finduilas and Tessa she thought as she headed towards their room. *Knock knock knock* Tessa opened the door. “Good morning” Eleniel said as she followed Tessa into the room. *Gasp* There was Finduilas. “Finduilas you look beautiful!” she exclaimed. Finduilas stood there in an elegant ornately embroidered white dress. Her hair was pulled back in a sophisticated bun and her shawl was perfectly dainty and simple. Finduilas looked gorgeous. But she always did look stunning but took day she looked better than ever before.

Here dress kinda looks like this but in a deep green

Old 06-23-2003, 03:06 PM   #59
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

Submitted for approval:

~~~

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? - No

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? - Yes, a wandering Ranger in Green Dragon

I would like to be a maid to Lady Morthaniawen, the mother of Dryea and Alethea.

~~~

NAME: Ränne (Ray-nn)

RACE: Man - Black Numenorean/Haradian/Khandese mixblood (Evil Corsairs group)

WEAPONS: Two well-hidden knives, and just about anything else she can get her hands on quickly if it is necessary.

APPEARANCE: Ränne is an exotic mix of races, having long raven hair to the hip, though usually braided or tied up to keep it out of the way. Eyes have tight-skinned lids common to the people of Khand, though their color can vary from a slightly brown-tinted grey to a grey-tinted brown. Skin is olive and of a fair silken texture, and darkens quickly to exposure to the sun. She is tall and shaply, near 6 feet, and keeps herself in good physical condition. Her preferred dress is usually in layered silks, but usually wears the customary dress of a maid-servant of Gondor when it is required.

PERSONALITY: Ränne is rather quiet, and soft-spoken when she speaks, and is light of foot and cunning. Is usually in the background in the service of the Lady Morthaniawen of whom she is sworn to and loyal, for she brought her out of the hard life with Condemir. Ränne has been able to usually get what she needs by various means, and has always looked out for the Lady Morthaniawen by telling of what she hears on the streets.

STRENGTHS: Ränne is very observant of matters that go on abround her, and hears and sees much though little thought is usually given her unless its a command. She gets on well with the maidstaffs of others, and always is que'd to that which is said in crowds and noisy environs. She knows the languages of Harad and Khand, as well as the Common Speech though her accent is that of Harad. She has knowledge of some exotic herbs and has passed some of this knowledge to Dryea. Ränne can also cook if it is required. She knows where to place a knife for a silent kill, and has had to kill a couple times in the past, but it always brought the horrible vision of her mother's slaying before her eyes.

WEAKNESSES: Her use of some exotic herbs and her fondness to drink has caused her to have lapses in memory at times. She has willingly (and suspects not-so-willingly) tried draughts that she and Dryea have made to observe their effects of intoxication. Though in her own right she was beautiful, she always appears as a maid-servant in the presence of the Lady and her daughters, and has little self-esteem.

HISTORY: Ränne was born a product of the southern trade routes, with her father Sondach, being a wealthy Haradian trader who had bloodlines to Numenor of old, rumored in the family tales as a sea captain who shipwrecked along the coast of Far Harad during a storm. The long generations since had assimilated the Numenorean blood of that crew into the Haradian clans of the south, and some of these clans survived the great floods that changed the world (Numenor's downfall). For the most part these men appeared as that of other Haradians with the exception that they were usually taller. but every few generations one would be born with a likeness to the Numenoreans of old. Her father was one. Ränne's mother, Kharah, was a slavewoman from Khand who was bought by Sondach as a wife during one of his treks to the eastern desert. She was obedient to Sondach, and he treated her well for a time. but when she gave birth to a daughter, he became cold and abusive, for he wanted sons. But Kharah cared for Ränne well, and though she bore Sondach six sons, her firstborn was to her the most precious and taught her much of her heritage. But life was not kind to Ränne as she grew to womanhood, for it came a day when the family was in City of the Corsairs, that Sondach sold Ränne as a slave to a captain of the Cosairs named Condermir, and Kharah slew Sondach in her fury at what he had done to her beloved Ränne. The sons of Sondach in turn slew their mother, and left their sister in the hands of the captain and forgot about her.

So it was that Ränne lived in service to Condermir. She grew accostumed to the seas and life in port, but looked for a way out. The way out came when she was offered to be in the service of Lady Morthaniawen, mother of Dryea & Alethea. Her days in Minas Tirith has led to opportunities not obtainable in the south, and Ränne was finding she liked it there.

~~~

Snowdog's post

As Ränne finished helping with Dryea's beautiful hair, a smile spread across her face.

'You are ravishing Lady Dryea!'

Ränne said as the door to the chamber opened. The Lady Morthaniawen entered and Ränne stepped back behind Dryea and lowered her eyes. As the Lady motioned her dismissal, Ränne bowed slightly and said,

'I will be working in the kitchens seeing to the service of the reception if you require me m'lady.'

And with a nod she turned and left the room, letting the door close gently.

Ränne knew of the arrival of Finduilas to the City and the wedding of Steward Denethor. So to was she aware of the influence the Lady had and the aspirations for her daughter Dryea. Surely the coming of Finduilas was a threat to all that was hoped for in house Morthaniawen. As Ränne made her way to her chamber to dress, then through the halls to the kitchens. Bumping into Meirelle, Ränne said as she hurried by,

'You're late!'

Which drew a fading "I know!" as she disappeared around the corner. Ränne's skirts flurreyed about her feet as she passed a hall where much talk could be heard. The Lady Finduilas had arrived with her party, and Ränne herself was late in her duties. Having gained a position on the kitchen waitstaff, she went to fill elegant glasses with the finest in Anfalas and Befalas red and white wines. With a grace of movement, she started out about the main reception room where the Lords and Ladies were gathering and soon her tray was empty as hands helped themselves to the goblets. Ränne made her way through the gathering to set fresh-filled glasses upon her tray. She made it a point to get to where Lady Finduilas was with her entourage, and as Ränne handed her a goblet, their eyes met for a moment. Taking what she saw in them to note, she likewise served a woman with her with blue eyes, and again a smile passed from Ränne. She could see it would be a very long day on her feet, and evermore reading the intentions of the people gathered.

[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]

Old 06-23-2003, 04:29 PM   #60
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The bio! And, of course, the first post. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES - Holiday in the Sun

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES - Both, but I didn't stay long.

For your character please include:

NAME: Rheaite

RACE: Corsair (evil)

WEAPONS: Poison

APPEARANCE: Smooth tanned skin; almond shaped brown eyes; straight dark brown mid-back length hair(slightly wavey towards the bottom); 5'8"; well built. Rhe does not consider herself particularly beautiful, but is rather vain about her slim, long hands.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Rheaite, often called Rhe, is shy and quiet, a seemingly gentle soul. She's not a hothead, and prides herself on being very controlled with her emotions. She gets her kindly disposition from her father, and her looks and build from her mother. She sometimes seems curiously vacant in her manner. The pouch hanging from her belt holds all manner of poisons and various other powders. Her mother also insisted that she be educated, and so she learned to read and write very well. As well as bestowing education apon her daughter, Rhe's mother also taught her that Dol Amroth was taken from the corsairs unjustly, and that they were the true rulers of Gondor.

HISTORY: Rhe grew up in the main city of Dol Amroth, daughter of a corsair trader and an innkeeper. Her father was a kindly, though extremely shrewd man, who she loved dearly. When she was young, she spent most of her time sailing with him, away from her mother, a controlling woman who ran a successful inn. She loved her father very much, and was often puzzled why he had married her mother. When she was 13, her father died after an accident at sea, leaving her grief stricken, and her mother restricted her to the inn, where she was to stay for five more years, until she left for a position as a maid. The five years spent under her mother's thumb have made her extremely patient, as well as teaching Rhe the trick of retreating into her own head when she wanted to block something out.

Hirilaelin's post

The muffled clang of a metal vase falling to the carpeted floor startled Rheaite from her musings. She bent low, and retrieved the ornately etched vase, setting back where it belonged. So much to clean! Finduilas, bride-to-be of Denethor, would be arriving soon...

At that precise moment, trumpets sounded outside the gates, three bold, brassy notes filling the air. She must have come early! Making sure that all was in order, Rhe set the feather duster down on the low wooden table, and set off at a run down the hall. Everyone was supposed to be gathered in the enormous recieveing hall right now, and here she was, losing track of time with another of her far-fetched fantasys. Her mother's voice echoed in her memories, scolding her. "Rheaite! How many times do I have to tell you to get your head out of the clouds! Honestly girl! People will think you're not all there in the head if you stand about all slack jawed and dull eyed! Now get to work!"

Grimacing, Rhe tryed to banish the memory, but her the shrill tones still seemed to circle 'round inside her skull, screeching at her. Shaking her head furiously, she pelted pell-mell down the hall towards the grand hall. Stopping short of the doors, she brushed her dress out, patted her back into place, and slowly, cautiously, pushed open the doors. Sliding inside, she took her place in the rustling throng, closing the doors carefully behind her. Muttering apologys, she pushed towards the front to get a better view. At the far end of the cavernous room, towering doors stood open, A sudden hush rippled through the crowd, as the trumpeters called out the introductions.

After the minor ladies, servants, maids and a small group of soldiers passed through the doors, Finduilas finally appeared. Dressed in white gown with exquisite embroidery, she was stunning. Her dark, curling hair was piled on top of her well formed head in a bun, and a gauzy shawl was draped across her perfect shoulders. Rhe gaped. One to rival even the lady Dryea. She seemed to float down the hall, her perfect carriage enhancing her height and shapely figure.

But even as Rhe was admiring the lady, and thinking of what a perfect bride she would make Denethor, years of training took over. It did not matter how beautiful she was, how graceful, how perfect, she was an enemy. Even if she did come from Dol Amroth, she had agreed to marry Denethor, future steward, the enemy of the corsairs. Finduilas was nothing more than a traitor.

[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]

Old 06-23-2003, 07:31 PM   #61
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

*~Important Notice~*

We are still looking for someone to play the part of Dryea's mother. This is a main part, and we can't start the game until we have someone to play her. Anybody ambitious? Please consider writing up a bio, we'd love to play with you! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sophia, Nurumaiel, Manardariel
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 06-23-2003, 08:33 PM   #62
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

I cannot seem to get to the first page, so forgive me if this sounds a stupid question.

The mother of Dryea is evil, no?
Old 06-23-2003, 10:17 PM   #63
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Tinuviel, let me gently direct you one post above mine, to where pio has graciously listed all the openings.

See where it says Evil Contingent? There is the slot for Dryea's mother... So yes, she's evil.

Sophia
Old 06-24-2003, 11:22 AM   #64
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thank you very much. (That was posted when I was tired, so sorry.)
Old 06-24-2003, 09:01 PM   #65
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Heyho,

Tinuviel of Denton: Are you going to play Dryea's mother or did you have a different character chosen?

I'm really only trying to help this along, but if no one does want to play Dryea's mother--a very important character--I'll volunteer.

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-25-2003, 06:45 AM   #66
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hiri and Snowdog you are most accepted! That´ll work wonderfully! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

*~Even more important notice~*
We still need a mother! This is very important. If any of you can think of good players that may be interested, let me know and I´ll PM them. We´re looking for a bit more experienced people (at least 1 RPG), becuase this role is a bit complex, and you can do alot with it.

edit: And another
Aylwen Dreamsong will be playing the Old Maid! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 25, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]
Old 06-25-2003, 07:31 AM   #67
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Manardariel,

I've just sent you a pm. You would need to discuss this with Sophie.

If you decide to do this, let me suggest that part of it (you know which....) be kept out of the public profile. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cami
Old 06-25-2003, 09:51 AM   #68
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Coolski! I will look forward to writing wit you all!
Old 06-25-2003, 11:16 AM   #69
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I thought about playing the mother, but I think I will pass. My imagination for this game seems to have run dry.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:43 PM   #70
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Tinuviel I´m sorry the mother part didn´t work out. Howver; if you still want to play I can always offer you a husband, or a maid for Finduilas.

Everyone else
If you are going away over the summer, please post when here, or PM me. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2003, 12:57 PM   #71
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hola, everyone! I be Aylwen and Manard convinced me to be the Old Maid.

Name: Jacinth (<--Note the typical use of a 'J' name!)

Weapons: Why, her nails of course! Not to mention her angry stare…

Appearance: Jacinth, though aging quite quickly, has the features of a once beautiful woman. In her youth, she had long and wavy brown hair that she was quite fond of. However, in her later years now, her hair is graying rapidly and she only has streaks of her once-lovely hair. Jacinth’s eyes are blue-grey and are losing the soft look they once brought, being replaced by a cold stare. Her proud stature remains, but that is about all that stays of her formerly young appearance.

History: Jacinth was the oldest daughter in one of the higher noble families in Dol Amroth, and she had always been energetic in her youth. However, as she grew older, her persona shifted to one of cold prudence. This eventually made her governess to Finduilas and Tessa. When they grew up, Jacinth still made it her job to look after them wherever they went, and despite their slight dislike of her, Jacinth always assures them that she knows what is best.

Strengths/Weaknesses/Personality: Jacinth considers herself to be very wise, and also thinks her ways of doing things is best. She also thinks she has the best taste in fashion and the latest clothing, so she always tries to have a say in Finduilas and Tessa’s dress choices, especially now that they are in the capital as honored guests. However, Jacinth is quick to jump to conclusions and has very, very bad hearing.

Aylwen's post

Jacinth nodded and curtsied elegantly on her aged knees as she walked down the line of welcomers. She was in the midst of Finduilas' entourage, following the future lady of Steward-to-be Denethor. Jacinth looked up from a young man she had been chatting to and looked at Finduilas. Jacinth had been governess to Finduilas and her sister Tessa for such a long time, for what seemed like ages. Nothing made the older woman more proud than the sight of Finduilas that day, though Jacinth still thought that she would have made a better choice of dress for Finduilas.

But the girls were growing up, or perhaps it had been even longer than Jacinth realized and the two sisters were already grown up. Jacinth pushed this thought away, thinking it foolish when just the other day she had helped Tessa with her hair and Finduilas with finding proper earrings. No, Jacinth knew that the girls still needed her. Otherwise Jacinth would not have insisted on going along with the Progress to Minas Tirith.

During the party Jacinth milled around, taking special note of the decor of the room and the style of the local girl's dresses. On more than one occasion, Jacinth would discreetly wipe a gloved finger over a dresser or table and scowl at the dust that gathered on the white glove. Perhaps Jacinth could show the maids around here how to properly clean and dust.

The only words that Jacinth really spoke during the party consisted of, "Oh, I just adore your dress!", "Oh yes, I am here with Finduilas...don't you just love her hair?" and "What was that, sweet?" Jacinth was rather hard of hearing, and on more than one occasion she had jumped to the wrong conclusion thanks to her ability to only hear bits of conversations.

At one point Jacinth had meandered her way through the crowd towards Finduilas, and once the girl was done speaking to one of the ladies of Minas Tirith, Jacinth enveloped her in a light and proper hug. "I'm so proud of you, sweet." Jacinth whispered in her ear before being whisked away by one of the other Dol Amroth girls to speak to some other Minas Tirith noble.

Thanks,

Aylwen / Jacinth

Old 06-25-2003, 01:43 PM   #72
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

I was wondering if you need one more maid, because if you are I would really like to create a character. Please let me know! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: Oh I see that there is one place left,If I understand that below correctly.

Quote:
~*~ 2 Maids

1. Wren ----- Lessawen
Is it okey that I create a maid then?

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ June 25, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 06-25-2003, 02:11 PM   #73
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Orofaniel - let´s see it then! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 03:44 PM   #74
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Yay! I'm accepted! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I will be going away this weekend, and I will also be gone from July 13th - July 27th. (camp) Will this interfere horribly? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 04:56 PM   #75
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs?I'm in one right now (hunt of the dragon) which is my first.

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – Nope

NAME: Betuli (Maid of the group of Findulias)

RACE: Men

WEAPONS: She is a maid and therefore the only weapons she needs and uses are her hands and mind.

APPEARANCE: She is quite short, and a bit thick, but not fat. She has blonde hair that reaches her shoulders. Her big blue eyes are merry and kind.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: She is a very kindhearted and thoughtful person. She is very loyal to her employer (Findulias) an does everthing in her power to satisfy her, and make her happy. She is also quite fond of Findulias. She has a good sense of humour and is very social. (which she think is a good thing) She loves to meet new people and gain new freinds. Her strenghts lies in her hands and mind. Many people would say she is clever and smart. Betuli loves to sing and is very talented. Old songs that her mother thought her are her favourites. Betuli is very clumsy which she consider as her greatest weakness.

HISTORY: She was the only daughter of Groben and Erelitien. They were kindhearted and loving people, like Betuli. They died right after Betuli turned 20. After that she wanted to be a maid, Findulias took her in and she has been there since.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Orofaniel's post

The sun was already up and it was shining brightly behind the horizon. Betuli had already been up for several hours and was ready for a new day.

She went upstairs to see if Findulias had awoken, but she was still fast asleep. She turned and was going to the door, she didn't want to wake her yet. Some more sleep would do her well, she thought. While going trough the door it made a horrible shreaking voice and she was sure it was going to wake her, but Findulias just made a little noise and rolled over.

She hd been lucky, Betuli thought while going downstairs again. Then she came up with a clever idea (well she thought it was clever at the time), she was going to suprise her with a great breakfast on her bed in an hour. But first she was going to wash to was the kitchen and scrub the floor. While scrubbing, she started to sing an old song she learned from her mother:

"O, What a day, what a beautiful day.
Sun is up shining as bright as it may,
What more can I say?

O, What a day, what a beautiful day.
The birds are singing their fairest songs,
Let this day not fade away.

O, What a day, what a beutiful day.
Rain and cloudes away, away!
They can't destroy the summer day!

O, What a day, what a beutiful day.
May it last for ever this day
it will, if we sing all the way.

O, Merry day , Merry day.
That is what I shall call you!

Betuli had forgotten that Findulias was sleeping upstairs and she was quite suprised to se that she was now standing in front of her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been singing that loud. I was carried away. I hope you'll forgive me." She said in a vorried voice.

" No harm done," she replied quickly.

"Are you sure? I'm so soory and I promise it'll never happen again." Betuli said in a troubled (and still worried) voice.

"I'm just going to finish scrubbing the floor and I'll bring you a great breakfast!" She added quickly. " you just go back to bed and rest a little while longer and I'll call for you."

Findulias gave a smile and nodded while she turned around. "Nice song, by the way," she said.

"Oh, Thank you indeed. My mother thought me." Betuli said and started to scrubb again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was my post, hope it's alright....

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2003, 05:22 PM   #76
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

**Have you been in any other RPG's?**--yes, "Holiday in the Sun"

**Have you posted in the Green Dragon or the White Horse?**--yes, both.

I'm trying out for the role of Tiriel's husband.

CHARACTER PROFILE:

Name: Gaerlin

Weapons: He's well trained in most weapons, but specializes in archery.

Appearance: Gaerlin is just over six feet tall; he has dark brown hair and blue-grey eyes. He's still in excellent shape, and is more than capable in his post as the leader of one of Minas Tirith's garrisons.

Character: He has a tendency to be short with people, especially when under stress from his training with his garrison. He adores his wife, and would never do anything to upset her; though he is often out at the training fields, he tries to be at home as much as possible. He has a sense of humor that can vary from amiable to scathing.

History: Gaerlin is the oldest (and only) son in his family, with two younger sisters. He joined the Gondorian army when he was young, and quickly rose through the ranks. His career came to its peak too quickly (in his opinion) though. He had hoped to become a high-ranking officer, but is still proud of his current (and most likely permanent) position in the army.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sapphire_Flame's post

Gaerlin bowed respectfully as Siriel introduced him to Finduilas. The young girl was lovely; but seemed painfully shy. Gaerlin fell back, allowing the family to welcome the girl. Feredir drew back a pace as well.

"A beautiful young woman," Feredir said. "Denethor has good taste."

Gaerlin only nodded in reply. He had no intention of voicing any opinion on that at the moment.

It was good to see Denethor had chosen a bride at last. Many in the crowd seemed surprised that he had not chosen one of the girls in the City; but Gaerlin thought that Denethor could not have made a better choice.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thank you for your consideration. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 26, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-25-2003, 06:21 PM   #77
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Hirilaelin: I will be in town from the 13th to the 27th and will take over your character if you don't mind. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The only time I will be unable to access a computer will be the first week of August. Then I was thinking that whoever plays the mother would take over my character. I am out of time right now -- [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]-- but I, obviously, am able to access a computer in the evenings. Tomorrow I won't be able to access the computer, nor will I be able to Friday though ... hmm. I'll post all weekend. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Manardariel: Check your PMs considering the "mother" role.

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-25-2003, 06:48 PM   #78
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

maikafanawen - I don't mind at all! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 07:13 PM   #79
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Better late than never. I offer you a profile for the mother of Dryea and Alethea for your consideration. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I presently write in Green Dragon (Vanwe character), and White Horse Inn (Ronnan and Naiore characters).

I have not role played at Barrow Downs.

Character Profile

Name: Lady Ruiel Morthaniawen - evil contingent

Race: Corsair

Marital Status: Widowed

Appearance: A handsome woman with striking features. She has amber hair that has darkened over time, blue eyes, and a creamy complexion. Ruiel was a fair young woman in her time and has ripened with maturity. Having borne two daughters, Ruiel is shapely and stands at 5' 6" in height.

Weapons: Ruiel has a sharp wit and keen senses that when softened by her feminine charms is often masked. She is well spoken, diplomatic and able to verbally manipulate most things according to her needs and will.

An experienced spy, Ruiel has developed the considerable reportoire one would expect of a veteran spy and mistress of political intrigue. Lady Morthaniawen is also known to carry a dagger as is customary for the women of her people. Like those carried by her daughters, it is of great value, antique and beautifully worked by ancient artisans.

Personality/Weaknesses/Strengths: Ruiel has a formidible aura, and little stands in her way. She carries a natural authority with her and whilst well spoken is never mistaken as meek, timid or undecided. Ruiel is a woman who knows her mind and is rarely at a loss.

She has imparted to Dryea all that she has learnt over the course of her career. Riuel possesses a sharp, analytical intellect, is perceptive and has a mercurial wit. She is self-possessed, and her inner thoughts are rarely shared with any around her in their true form.

Riuel is always aware of advantages to be gained in how others perceive her or her daughters and has a political accumen that is pre-eminient. Since the death of her husband, Riuel has assumed a position of authority that noone thought to question.

Riuel is a highly disciplined woman who closely guards herself. She has a thirst for power that rarely sleeps and an uncanny ability to position herself so as to reap the most reward from any given situation. She can be merciless and cold and rarely forgives another for a transgression. Ruiel's temper, when it does emerge, is violent and incindary. It burns cold and long. She is a woman who nurtures both graces and grudges. Both can be used to her advantage.

Ruiel is a woman who has spent her life in courts and political cicles of varying descriptions. Accordingly, she is a court trained Lady, familiar with diplomatic and cultural expectations, languages, protocol and socialisation. She considers these as much weapons as camoflague for the real business of power, and has instilled them in her daughters accordingly. A proud and vain woman, Ruiel's weakness is her moral expediency and addiction to power.

History: Ruiel Morthaniawen grew up in a priviliedged Umbarian family which was not a major power and yet had influence within her court. Her father recognised her talents early, and seeing an opportunity to win greater position, gave his daughter to the Umbarian government. There, she was trained by the Spy Masters in the arts of espionage, spying, reconnaisance and assassination.

Ruiel showed a natural talent for navigating the circles within circles, and an ability to emerge in tact from the most dangerous of situations. Ruiel quickly advanced and completed assignments that inferred prestige to her father and saw her family advance within the court of Umbar.

Ruiel was married off to the heir of a powerful House and produced two daughters, Dryea and Alethea. It was a marriage of political gain and expediency, and Ruiel felt no love towards her husband. He was a means to an end. The business interests of her husband's House meant Ruiel and her daughters often moved about through the coastal cities and towns. Ruiel turned her attentions to her children, instilling in them what had won her so much power and influence in the male political world of Umbar.

Ruiel was by that time ensconced in a position of secret power, and forced to hide her activities lest it overshadow her husband's House. As she steadily garnered power and established her own networks, Ruiel's relationship with her husband became more and more distant. When he died, Ruiel wasted little time on grief and assumed the reigns proper. Few equivocated with the now formidible woman.

Now the matriach of a powerful House, Ruiel blossomed and with her so did her daughters, Dryea in particular who proved herself most related to her mother. Alethea seemed more related to her father, Lord Morthaniawen. Recognising Dryea's considerable ability, Ruiel took her elder daughter closer under her wing, and made her protege in most of what she did. She was not overcome with maternal pride as to trust her daughter with all things though, for Ruiel recognised the sharp hunger that moved within Dryea could consume her in time.

No longer burdened with the facade of a loyal wife and mother, Ruiel become more active in her work, primarily directed against Gondor and her vassals. The ancient enimty between Gondor and Umbar had not abated, and her hatred of Gondor and her people spread also to fertile ground within Dryea's mind and heart. Over the years, Ruiel executed tactical moves to impanel herself within Dol Amroth's power circles, adopting a Sindarian name to replace her childhood name and Lady Ruiel Morthaniawen and her two daughters came into existence.

Once there, Ruiel worked doggedly over the years to strengthen and consolidate her position in Dol Amroth. She navigated setbacks and manipulated advantages to progress far and was anticipating the culmination of her ultimate goal: to hand back to Umbar their ancient lands, usurped by the rabble refugees from Numenor. Dryea had been working alongside her mother for some years to this end.

The advent of Finduilias' wedding to Ecthelion respresents an intolerable impediment to this. Ruiel will stop at nothing to see it undone, including the sacrifice of her daughters if that proves either necessary or expedient. Nothing is indispensible to Ruiel Morthaniawen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elora's post

Lady Ruiel Morthaniawen critically examined her daughter's appearance. Dryea was an flawlessly beautiful woman and on this occassion there could be no flaw. Too much was at stake and the Gondorian nobles would be paying close attention. Already Ruiel had recevied word of the bubbling resentment towards Finduilias and the Dol Amroth contingent, an encouraging possibility not to be squandered by a wrong footed entrance now. Finding no blemish in her radiant beauty, Ruiel smiled at her daughter.

"Exquisite," she said in approval, her voice it's usual cultured alto musical tone. Ruiel waved the maids from the chambers after favouring one in particular with a small smile. The dressing completed, and stood beside her fair daughter before the mirror. Youth and maturity stared back at her. Ruiel smoothed the luxuriant nap of her indigo, paneled gown that fell in graceful folds from her lush, curved hips. The bodice, tightly bound to her ripened torso, emphasied the feminine curve of her figure. Ruiel, though not in the grip of youthful beauty, was a woman come into the maturity of her own handsomeness.

"What about jewellry," Ruiel prompted. Dryea crossed to the richly carved vanity to finish her preparations. She stowed a dagger, delicately worked for all it's lethal edge, and tucked it into her glorious crimson gown. The decadent colour set her golden skin off to perfection, as had been intended when the bolt of fabric had been purchased some weeks ago and sent to the dressmakers for work.

Ruiel, who saw all as an investment that must provide her the expected return, the cost of the wardrobe she'd commissioned for this journey was well invested. Her daughter was as beautiful and deadly as the dagger she had hidden in her dress. Her daughter added a extraordinary medallion and fine golden bracelets that gently chimed to her slim wrists. Then she turned to re-examine her appearance.

Dryea lifted her chin at her reflection and satisfaction gleamed in her sapphire gaze. "Splendid," Dryea finally agreed.

Ruiel, amber hair was wound intricately around her head, turned for the door to see where her other daughter dallied. On her fingers gleamed a fiery ruby set in an ornately carved ring, the betrothal ring of her dead husband. A golden torc, twisted delicately into trailing vines and flowers by a clever smith, gleamed at the base of her long throat. The heavy fabric of her gown whispered as she walked, augmented by Dryea who accompanied her.

Alethea emerged from her chambers, dressed in the gold gown as Ruiel had instructed. Well pleased with her daughters, who would gleam as jewels in Gondor this day, bright and beckoning to the already beleaugered Finduilias who was also newly arrived from Dol Amroth. If the child did not take the bait, then it little mattered to Ruiel. The trio smoothly walked towards the hall where the lords and ladies in attendance were gathering.

"We will cross bridges as we come to them," Ruiel gently reminded her daughters, moreso Dyrea who had glanced at her mother prior to entering the hall. Standing graceful, they moved like swans through the knots of people, Ruiel nodding here and there to those faces it suited her to acknowlede until they came to Lady Finduilias.

Her youth was striking, as was her beauty. Denethor had not chosen from his own city, but Ruiel could see why he had risked the censure of his nobles to snatch up Finduilias. That was all well and good, provided the child did not impede more imporant matters, like the cedeing of Umbar's lands back to them in accordance with ancient birthright. No vassal of Gondor, no matter how beautiful, would stymie her on that score.

Dryea and Alethea stood on either side of their mother, hands clasped elegantly before them and schooled expressions of charming welcome upon their faces. Ruiel herself curved her lips into a motherly smile of greeting, and swept into a graceful cursty before the bride.

"Lady Finduilias, greetings and felicitations on your impending wedding. Lady Ruiel Morthaniawen of Dol Amroth at your service."

Finduilias smiled, anxious in this strange place with it's cool Gondorian nobles around her. Ruiel had calculated her smile, warmth and the familiar name of Dol Amroth to be a powerful relaxant. She smoothly rose once more.

"I introduce to you my daughters, Dryea and Alethea, who had accompanied me to witness the glorious upcoming event," Ruiel said. Dryea and Alethea curtsied sweetly, allowing Ruiel the opportunity to covertly guage the level of attention they were garnering. More than one set of eyes focused on their gathering, notably upon Dryea, as Ruiel had hoped.

She returned her focus to Finduilias, who in turn greeted her daughters. Ruiel projected comforting, gentle warmth through her smile at the bride, a stranger in this less than receptive court. Then, she stepped back to allow Finduilias to continue with the procession of greetings. Time would see if the girl was so alone here as to reach for a seemingly comforting presence of a friend. Flanked by her daughters, Ruiel continued her inspection of those gathered. Yes, she thought with the confidence of experience as she looked about, even should the girl prove recalcitrant and aloof there is still much to work with here. Lady Morthaniawen wrapped her anticipation and satisfaction around her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that suffices. I thought it necessary to have Dryea and her family (mother and sister) familiar in Dol Amroth to better garner Finduilias' trust. Hence, I have named Ruiel on a Sindarin derivation that is not, in reality, her Umbarian name. Ruiel's identity is closely guarded. I hope that construction of identity will not be problematic, however it can be altered if it does.

I look forward to your feedback. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 06-26-2003, 03:13 AM   #80
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Manardariel,

Please check your pms.

Cami