User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2003, 08:54 AM   #161
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yay, Emilia would LOVE to do that! I was going to come on and ask for something specific to do and that's perfect. I'll get onto writing a post now, and I'll put it up here in case you don't need it after all.

Here goes...

Emilia hated to miss even a second of such a wonderful ball by doing something as trivial as getting her breath back, but it was unavoidable. She hadn't sat down for hours, between being whisked around the dancefloor and... well, being whisked around the dancefloor!

She smiled smugly to herself as she thought of the amount of young men she had danced with- more than anyone else, she was sure! Despite the masks she knew who everyone was, of course, but it was amusing to pretend. When Thenidir had asked her to dance, she had acted as though she didn't know who it was, trying to tease his name out of him. She doubted he had been taken in, but he had acted his part admirably. Perhaps she had been wrong about his character all along?

Emilia gazed around to look for him, and was gratified to see that he was not dancing. Almost as if he had felt her eyes on him, he looked up, smiled and bowed his head. Emilia nodded gravely in return, not allowing him to see that she was pleased. However inside she felt happiness explode like warmth. Perhaps she wuld do as her mother had wanted- and indeed follow her own dearest wishes- and become betrothed this season? True Thenidir did not offer as much power as Emilia could wish, but a good soldier had many oppurtunities to advance.

Emilia was involved in many pleasant imaginings for the fture when a voice split her thoughts.

"You don't know anything you silly pathetic little girl!"

Turning, Emilia saw a door behind her that was not quite closed. Heavy brocade covered the wall, and part of it had caught in the doorway, leaving a sliver of light between the door and the frame. Eagerly Emilia edged closer. There was something familiar about the voice, but she had no idea who it was.

"...ever hoped for, for Umbar and its Corsairs! There is no Dryea Morthaniawen. I am just an instrument of war, a tool that the corsairs can use to regain Gondor for themselves. Do you have any idea of this burden's weight upon my shoulders? NO! So the next time you want to take up mother's side and decide to chastise me, remember that I rise way above you! You will never measure up to me and without me, our whole plan would fall apart."

Emilia felt criously unreal, as if everything was happening in a dream. The voice was Dryea's, but subtley changed. There was a hard edge that Emilia had never heard before, and even a hint of an accent in the most impassioned parts of speech. Head spinning, Emilia only just had enough presence of mind to pull herself away from the door at the sound of rustling skirts drawing near to it.

Quickly she left the ballroom, entering the cool corridor and leaning inelegantly on a pillar helped to clear her head. Dryea was a traitor, a spy! It seemed incredible, more incredible than Finduilas' descent. Suddenly Emilia's mouth felt dry. If Dryea was nt from Dol Amroth, she could not know whether Finduilas was or not. Finduilas was probably all she claimed to be! Emilia felt faint and was glad of the pillar's support.

She had come so close to throwing her chance for success away on an imposter. She still hadn't introduced herself to Finduilas, the future wife of the future steward! She had been manipulated. White hot anger coursed through her veins at the thought of what Dryea could have done to her.

Thoughts swam confusedly in her head, but then all at once they condensed into just one thought. Now, after so long, she had power. Unbelievable power. She could make herself invaluable to the steward with this. Not only had she heard Dryea confess, she had heard a huge argument with her sister! That could be exploited, certainly.

Pleasant plans once again filled her head, and excitedly she returned to the ballroom. Ecthelion was not there, but she saw the Lady Tiriel standing beside the dancefloor.
"My lady" Emilia said, curtseying hurriedly. Ignoring propriety she continued with a rush. "Please my lady I must talk with your father. It is imperative to Gondor's safety. Please, will you take me to him?"

[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-01-2003, 09:51 AM   #162
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Great post, Manardariel! Pelien has been put in her place. Here is her response, and I will let you finish it up. What do you think about Pelien slipping and admitting her want of Adrama's marriage to Denethor? I was thinking that if Finduilas understood a little of what is actually going on inside Pelien, it would be a little easier to make them friendlier throughout the next acts. What do you think?

Anyway, here is Pelien's response:

It took all the strength she had for Pelien to keep her jaw clinched and her emotions intact. Denethor had not responded the way she had expected. He wasn’t supposed to turn on Pelien…he was supposed to turn on Finduilas. Her face had grown hot, but she refused to let her expression soften. The words of the Steward’s son rolled around in her head until she was almost sick. I thought you were true nobles…I pity you and laugh at you, Lady Pelien… This wasn’t right, and where were the men going? Pelien suddenly found herself face to face with the young bride, so soft and sweet. The older woman was so angry, partly at herself if she would have admitted it, that she could have spit on Finduilas in her rage.

“Lady Pelien, I will not offer you a denial about your tales. I´m sure you know for yourself how silly and impossible they are. What I do want to know is this: Why do you hate me this much? For hate me you must, if you risk the stewards´ -and his son´s- anger, to ruin my reputation here. Why?” Finduilas’ eyes were filled with kindness and sympathy.

Pelien opened her mouth to respond but immediately closed it. Finduilas should not be so calm…her secret was just released into the ear of her future husband. The Princess should be shouting and throwing a fit, giving Pelien the advantage of keeping her cool. Pelien was unsure how to handle the situation into which she’d stepped. Doubt had slowly crept into her mind. Had she made a mistake? What about the young ladies of Dol Amroth confronting her in her own home? Yes, that had to be the key…it had to be.

“How very wise of you, Princess, to send the men away. You do have something to hide, or you would never have sent your little mascots to my home.” Pelien felt as though she was regaining control of the situation, and her voice was calm and collected. “You had certainly heard the rumors flying around the court and you couldn’t confront me on your own. Of course you thought of me, I’m one of the most influential women in this city, and if information is what you wanted you came to the right person. But I wasn’t going to play your game…we told them nothing! I’m on to you, Finduilas.”

“Pelien, I truly haven’t the slightest idea of what you are talking about.” Finduilas looked as though she was holding back laughter. “What mascots?…what are you talking about?”

Pelien rolled her eyes upward. “Don’t pretend with me…you know you sent your little ladies-in-waiting to mock me in my home!” Her voice had steadily started to rise, but she caught hold of herself, and after a short pause she continued in a cool, steady tone. “I didn’t fall for it then, and I won’t fall for it now.”
Old 09-01-2003, 10:30 AM   #163
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

I confess that not having posted for a while, I'm a little lost [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I know what's going on, but I'm not really sure where I can fit Elena into it. Pelien has confronted Finduilas now, so anyone got any ideas of what Elena could do now?

[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: *Varda* ]
Old 09-01-2003, 11:12 AM   #164
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

First, I'm bringing our crazy outline forward:

Act I- The stage is set – THIS SECTION IS DONE

Welcoming Party

Finduilas and her ladies discuss the events of last night.

Ladies of Umbar start doubting Finduilas & crew.

Dryea spreads rumors of Finduilas false identity, through the ears and mouths of the servants.

Act II- The first Strife – THIS SECTION IS DONE

Luncheon: Minas Tirith and ladies of Umbar; former conclude something is fishy about Finduilas.

Dol Amroth ladies find out about the rumors and decide to investigate.

Budding friendship between Althea and Adrama.

~*~ THE GAME IS HERE ~*~

Act III- An unpleasant surprise – TO FINISH BY SEPTEMBER 2

Meeting with Alethea and Adrama

Dol Amroth women continue their investigations and rumor campaign

Eckthelion announces a masquerade ball in honor of his bride-to-be whom he loves very much. Ladies of Umbar urge Minas Tirith women to bring their suspicions to Denethor at the ball.

Dol Amroth women continue to investigate.

Siriel discovers evidence of tampering with dispatches and confronts Eckthelion who does not believe her.

Eckthelion begins a quiet investigation

Minas Tirith women confront Denethor with their suspicions in a side garden off the ballroom. With Finduilas at this side, he responds. They suspect they have made a mistake.

Dryea openly humiliates her sister.

Emilia overhears something incriminating and goes to tell the Steward, either here or the next morning.

We are almost here! (Yeah!) Once we get our posts pasted up, our saves filled in, and have Finduilas (Manardariel) respond to Pelian.

Act IV- The eye-opener – TO FINISH BY SEPTEMBER 11

Emilia pays a visit to Eckthelion???

Eckthelion discovers evidence of a mole in his entourage, and has second thoughts about his treatment of Siriel

Dreya blunders.

Friendship of Alethea and Adrama deepens

Emilia gives the message on to all the Minas Tirith women.

Alethea pays a visit to Finduilas and the women of Dol Amroth, telling them everything she knows

Act V- A fatal party – TO FINISH BY SEPTEMBER 19

Ecthelion announces the formal betrothal party for Finduilas and his son.

Betrothal Party: The Minas Tirith/Dol Amroth women decide to strike:

Finduilas makes an impassioned speech (her one and only!)

Dryea blunders yet again, supporting the accusation.

Palace guards try to arrest Dryea and her servants, but fail.

Dryea, plus servants, flees to Umbar.

Althea stays in Gondor.

Lyra and Manardariel,

This is a very good idea about having Emilia overhear the conversation. Go ahead and paste the post up.

I will get back with Durelin, and explain we've figured out a way around this scene so she's not on the spot.

Lyra - how do you want to work the scene with Eckthelion? Sophia is still busy working on several save posts so my suggestion would be for you to use her character very briefly--a sentence or two--to gain access to her father.

(Sophie? Is that alright?)

There are two ways to approach this. One would be an immediate disclosure on the ballroom floor to Eckthelion. The other would be for Tiriel to suggest that you visit her father privately in the office the very next morning. That way there will be no further "leakage" of information such as happened with Dryea and Althea.

What do you think?

I kind of prefer the latter, but it's up to you. That way our posts could go up sometime on Wednesday, after we move forward to the next Act. In fact, it might be a good way to start the next act.....to have Eckthelion hear a knock on his door.

BTW, whenever you ask him, Eckthelion will advise caution--the need to find more incriminating evidence before moving against the family. Eckthelion is going to understand that if Dryea is a tool, there must be other agents helping to build that network. He is going to start looking for those agents immediately.

He may also suggest that Emilia keep this piece of information to herself. Whether or not your character can do that is up to you.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cami

[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-01-2003, 11:30 AM   #165
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

Manardariel - Would you mind editing my post by putting spaces between the paragraphs so it's easier to read?
Old 09-01-2003, 12:08 PM   #166
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Phew! Conversation done and good. Pelien will have some thinking to do here! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Hope that was alright, Alak!

Lyra, Cami- splendid. And I´ve been thinking: Finduilas sent Denethor of to his father, so he may have told Ecthelion the same thing.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:40 PM   #167
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Well Emilia's ecstatic!

Regarding Tiriel, I only put that in because I thought Ecthelion had left the ballroom. If he's still around I can edit Tiriel out and have Emilia barge up to the man himself.

If he's not around then I'm OK with waiting until the next day. Well, actually Emilia would be livid BUT she doesn't want to get out of favour with the steward's family so she'd put up with it.

As for keeping quiet, it could be played either way. Either Emilia would keep quiet because if she's the only one who knows, that's more power. If you think it would get too complicated having the rumour flying around (surely it would reach Dryea and co themselves?) then I'll do that.

Alternatively once Emilia has told the steward and it's not so much to her advantage to keep quiet, Emilia's love of gossip might overpower her. If you think that would add another twist I'll do that.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-01-2003, 02:52 PM   #168
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Lyra, it is fine if you want to use Tiriel. I am halfway through the second save post, but I am being called away again. I'll try to get it up tonight.

Maika *shivers* evil. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Poor Dryea.

Sophia

Victory! Here's the second post for Siriel.

Síriel leaned against the wall as the darkness began to grow heavier in the street where she waited. Where was Thenidir? What was keeping him? She shivered, Denethor’s masquerade would be in full swing by now and she was missing it. Shrinking closer to the wall Síriel dodged out of the way of a passing man. The streets were suddenly foreign to her, filled with rushing strangers, more dirty and ragged than the daytime shoppers.

A large man jostled her with his elbow and Síriel gasped as her head hit the stone wall of the building behind her. Without stopping to apologize, he hurried off through the alleys. What was she doing here? She, a lady, daughter of the Ruling Steward, here in a dark street in the evening? Thenidir should never have brought her here. A smile played across Síriel’s lips as she thought of how she would make him sorry… the handsome Thenidir, begging for mercy from Lady Síriel. How delicious.

Síriel’s delightful vision of teasing Thenidir dissolved suddenly with the mention of her father’s name. She jerked her head upright, scanning the knots of hurrying people in the street. Of course, anyone could have mentioned Eckthelion in the square, but what if it were someone she knew? She moved cautiously a little further into the dark street.

Two dark figures stood there, whispering together. Síriel froze, a chill running down her spine. What if they were plotting against her father… she slunk closer to the wall, listening hard. “The couriers… new messages…” Síriel thought the voice was male, but she couldn’t tell. A scrap of paper passed between the speaker and the second figure. The second figure nodded, its hood pulled well over its face, hiding the eyes. Síriel crept a little closer.

“Unsuspecting… as soon as you get them… will be pleased.” A stone clattered across the stone pavement, causing all three to glance up, startled. Síriel caught a glimpse of a pale face inside one of the shadowy figure’s hoods before they turned away and disappeared into the street.

Thenidir’s hand came down hard on her shoulder, and Síriel jumped and spun around. Stifling a cry she faked a lighthearted laugh. “Oh, Thenidir… is the carriage ready?” He gestured to the waiting coach just up the street, the horses stamping impatiently and the driver watching her with an amused look on his coarse face. “Yes, we should go now.” She smiled up at him, pushing him gently toward the carriage with one hand. Something was gleaming in the lamplight where the two whisperers had stood, and Síriel bent and snatched it up as soon as Thenidir’s back was turned.

Inside the carriage, Síriel listened to Thenidir’s apology halfheartedly, quite without the enjoyment she had earlier anticipated. She was staring at her lap, where a broken cord with a bit of wax seal still clinging to it nestled. The seal was almost certainly her father’s, though it was torn almost beyond recognition. Her heart pounded, what could all this mean? She had to get back and talk to her father immediately. Turning to Thenidir she asked, “can’t the driver go any faster?” Thenidir looked at her oddly, leaning forward to whisper to the driver through the curtains.
“You do hate to miss a party, don’t you?” he asked, with a wink.

“Oh yes,” Síriel said, “it would be a shame to get there too late…”

[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 09-02-2003, 03:00 AM   #169
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

I have one question concerning recent posts, please forgive me if this has already been brought up. I looked over the threads and I didn’t find anything concerning it, but as I say I may have missed it.

Quote:
I think I encountered the Morthaniawen name there. I just can’t remember the circumstances.”
And I was thinking would the Morthanaiwen’s use the same names? Wouldn’t they then have the chance of being discovered? Just wondering….
Old 09-02-2003, 08:55 AM   #170
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I didn't say she had encountered the name before. She just thought it sounded familiar, which could lead in any number of directions...including nowhere.

Since her late husband dealt with all kinds of pirates, gamblers, etc, I was thinking she might have heard some gossip (yes, more gossip.) If that scenario doesn't work for you, then she can be mistaken.

Actually, I was kind of stabbing around for a way to get the Dol Amroth ladies involved again in the story line. At the moment, aside from Tessa & Finduilas, we don't have much to do. Do you have any alternate suggestions?

[ September 02, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]
Old 09-02-2003, 08:59 AM   #171
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

I didn't mean it was what you put Elasaid, I just used it as an example. I was bringing it up as a general point.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:12 AM   #172
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Aha! I get it -- good point.

Is the Morthaniawen name a fictional name? I was thinking it was, but it could bear some clarification. I had thought it was something that Ruiel had come up with and carefully established over a number of years.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:38 PM   #173
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Sophie,

Great post! I just slotted it up in the save space of August 24, 4:42 pm.

Ealasaid,

I don't know if this is a good idea or not. Diorwyn (Esty) and I had a discussion where she revealed to Eckthelion about the rumors.

He immediately suspected a wide ranging plot with treasonous intent, although he has no idea who or what is behind it.

When Emilia speaks with him, he'll become even more suspicious. He's going to suspect that there is a mole in his own retinue.

Perhaps he could ask Diorwyn (whom he trusts) to give him the name of a few trusted women (presumably from Dol Amroth) to help track down this mole--the one who's leaking out information from the dispatches.

If you're interested, is there any way the Dol Amroth women could be involved with this hunt for the spy? Any ideas on how to set this up? Perhaps to position themselves at the point where the dispatches come in and keep their eyeballs open?

If you don't think this will work, we can drop it. I'll just use Esty or a carry-along character to ferret out the guilty party, but if you do let me know....

Even after we find the mole, it won't be clear proof. He'll only be dealing with other middle-men and won't know who the real "chief" is.

This could be part of Act IV.

Cami
Old 09-02-2003, 05:19 PM   #174
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Silmaril

I’m sorry everyone. I know I haven’t been posting much, but I am having some problems with my computer so Internet access is very limited. I still wish to take part in this RPG so please put up saves anywhere you feel is necessary and I’ll try to fill them in as soon as I can. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Forever~ Earwen.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2003, 10:35 PM   #175
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Elven maid,

We're still having bad luck with computer viruses and access! Hope your situation clears up.

Everyone ,

I had hoped to go in tonight, close down the ball and do the first post for Act IV. Even though we still have some saves open, we've covered most of the needed ground in Act III.

However, as I reread the thread, we have one big unfinished problem. Rhir is tottering around on the dance floor, and is presumably about to collapse any minute. It seems like a cruel thing to bring the curtain down and leave him in limbo!

Maika - I assume you want to finish this scene out with Rhir at the ball? Any chance you can get something up tomorrow (Wed.) If you can't get the scene up, I'll do a save for you at the ball before I push the action forward tomorrow night for Act IV.

Please try and let us know something about Rhir's fate.

Lyra - Eckthelion and Emilia will probably make contact in Act IV, the first post.... I will allude to this in my post tying up the masquerade, once we get Rhir out of the road!

Cami
Old 09-03-2003, 09:56 AM   #176
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Cami - That's an excellent idea for getting the Dol Amroth ladies directly involved again. I will have Averyll realize that she was mistaken in my next post.

Let me think a little on how to get that set up. Your suggestion about the dispatches sounds good, esp what with Vieana's connections with the guards.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:53 PM   #177
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Cami: Would you? That'd be great. I'm running out the door to fencing right now and I won't have time when I get back. I can get it up tomorrow though. Thanks!

Rhir's fine as of now. The poison will kick in all at once. It's a sort called Pludeferus alzini. He will die at approximately 3 am the next morning. Isn't that delicious.... So let's not have him looking ill in our posts. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

To clear one other thing up. Let's just say Morthaniawen's their real name. Sound good?

Cheers!

-Maikafanawen

[ September 03, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 09-03-2003, 04:59 PM   #178
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Due to a problem with my account, I will no longer be writing under the name Ealasaid. I will be continuing under the name EALASAIDE. This will be my last post under this name. Sorry for any confusion!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:38 PM   #179
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just wanted to get my new name up here in case anyone needs to PM me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2003, 12:42 AM   #180
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

I've saved two slots, one before the end of the ball and one after. I wasn't sure if you wanted to do that 3 am post with Rhir collapsing. We can erase whichever spot you don't use.

I'll fill in my own saves tomorrow afternoon.

Cami

[ September 04, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-04-2003, 07:05 AM   #181
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

I filled in my SAVE, and Pelien's actions are now wrapped up for the masquerade. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2003, 07:44 AM   #182
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Everyone,

We are now into Act IV. However, if you need to tie up any loose threads from the masquerade, you can still post it in the dicussion thread and I'll paste it into one of the save spaces.

Cami
Old 09-04-2003, 09:54 AM   #183
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Hi everyone!

I don't know if I'll have computer access after the 10th I'm afraid. I have, as oro been attacked by a virus, and I don't know how long it will be before I can go on again.

However I can post at Saturday the 13th. If I do not post anything on Sunday the 14th, anyone is welcome to take over my character, Sador, completely.

I am really really sorry.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2003, 03:02 PM   #184
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Arien & Cami: It's really unnecessary for Dryea to humiliate Alethea now. They've quarreled enough I think. But if you want me to I can still go through with it. It just doesn't seem to fit.... What do you think?

I am working on a death scene for Rhir. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-04-2003, 04:10 PM   #185
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

I can't speak for Arien, but from my perspective I agree with you. Having Emilia overhear the dissension between the two sisters is "damage" enough, especially when she will pass this on to the Steward.

If you don't need either of the saves for Rhir, I can erase them. Let me know.

Cami
Old 09-04-2003, 08:25 PM   #186
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

OH yeah....I just posted. You can get rid of the two saves. Thank you though!

Good point. Also, I think once Alethea finds out that Dryea killed Rhir she'll be appalled out of her wits and realize that she definitely doesn't want squat to do with them. We'll wait and hear from Arien though.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch Winnie the Pooh. All this Dryea stuff is SOO depressing. *sniff*

Cheers!
-Maikafanawen
Old 09-05-2003, 12:39 AM   #187
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

That's what you get for playing baddies! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Your post is great.

I filled in my save ending the masquerade, and set it up for Emilia to come tripping in to Eckthelion's office in the morning.

I'll do a brief entry post for that scene and then, Lyra, you can use my character as well as your own to construct a conversation.

Then, it will be on to ferreting out the moll in Eckthelion's employ.

Cami
Old 09-05-2003, 01:09 AM   #188
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Dol Amroth Ladies
Ive posted so that the women have left the party and are asleep when Vieana returnes home and wakes them to tell them of what is happening. Is this ok because the ball is over? Anyway we can see Diorwyn or she can see us in the morning if we need to know anything about what else is going on. If you want me to change my post, just let me know and it will be... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 09-05-2003, 10:41 AM   #189
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Everdawn,

I skipped Eckthelion's morning post over your heads to alleviate this problem.

It now comes after your post. Hope this helps.

Cami
Old 09-05-2003, 04:24 PM   #190
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Arien: The Morthaniawens are still at the Steward's home in the guest quarters. They stayed the night like they always do after balls of that magnitude. You might want to edit your post. Thanks.

Does anyone know where Elora is?

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-05-2003, 05:36 PM   #191
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

I know she and Snowdog are involved in a new game with a discussion thread up (The Lingering Darkness). I've also seen her posting in the Inn.

I'll drop her a note. We definitely need her in these last two acts, if at all possible.

Cami

[ September 05, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-05-2003, 06:57 PM   #192
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elora hangs her head in shame and regret.

Alas, I have no excuses. No black cat (but a grey and white one with a sinister sense of amusement), no school (finished with that a decade or so ago- thank Eru), no virus (bless fire walls and up to date virus protection subscriptions).

I can only say the the Real Life vuris of chaos alighted upon my shoulder last week and proceeded to stink up my schedule.

Prior to that, I had been watching and paying attention. There was nothing mentioned on this Discussion thread that I could shed any more light on and nothing in the RP that Ruiel had to be there.

You see, I have a rule for periphery characters, which is how I see Ruiel. No matter how much I like writing her, I keep her presence to only what is necessary to the overall plot. Otherwise the story becomes distracted by too many characters. Just my point of view.

So, I had been economising over this week with my time to those things I had to keep up to date with. I now have reached catch up time for Corsets and Corsairs.

I shall review what has been written and post this weekend. I ask that you please remember that I'm not on North American or European time zones. My posts, when they come, will probably arrive whilst you're snoozing.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Enough blather from me, time to get writing.

Again, my apologies.
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 09-05-2003, 07:55 PM   #193
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Everdawn - your post looks good to me! I will wait to see what Manardariel has to add from Tessa's POV when she fills in her save. Then I will fill mine with Averyll's reactions.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:58 AM   #194
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Elora & Arien: I thought we were still in the Citadel? We stayed last time there was a big celebration....

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-06-2003, 11:33 AM   #195
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Lyra,

The stage has been set for Emilia to come in and spill the beans to the Steward. I have also added Gandalf to the mix at court, since he was said to be a close advisor to Eckthelion.

Cami
Old 09-08-2003, 04:42 PM   #196
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

FINAL OUTLINE - IMPORTANT

We're in the final two weeks of this RPG, so we need to tie all up our loose ends.

Take a look below for the ground we still need to cover. I've removed everything from the outline that's already been done, and included some other things that still need to play out. You can, of course, develop other subplots, but these are the central ones we need to get through.

In parenthesis, I've put the name of the poster(s) who are responsible for that particular act.

Please let me know if there are additions or mistakes.... I did this on the fly.

Act IV- The eye-opener – TO FINISH BY Sunday, SEPTEMBER 14
  • Eckthelion asks the Dol Amroth women to help him find the spy in his entourage, and has second thoughts about his treatment of Siriel
    Child, Esty ?

Dol Amroth women spy in the garrison, hunting for information Dol Amroth posters

Emilia gives the message on to all the Minas Tirith women. Lyra, Minas Tirith women

Alethea and Adrama have a serious talk Nurumaiel, Arien

Alethea pays a visit to Finduilas and the women of Dol Amroth, telling them everything she knows Arien, Manardariel, Dol Amroth women)

With the information the women have gleaned, Eckthelion runs a sting and comes up with the mole Child

Act V- A fatal party – TO FINISH BY Sunday, SEPTEMBER 21
  • Ecthelion announces the formal betrothal party for Finduilas and his son. Child

Betrothal Party: The Minas Tirith/Dol Amroth women decide to strike: all posters

Finduilas makes an impassioned speech (her one and only!) Manardariel and any others who want to react

Dryea blunders yet again, supporting the accusation. Maika

Eckthelion brings forward the mole who confesses all Child

Palace guards try to arrest Dryea and her mother and servants, but fail. Child, Maika, Rueil

Dryea, plus servants, flees to Umbar. Maika, Rueil

Eckthelion welcomes Alethea to Gondor where she will make her home. Child, Arien

[ September 08, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-09-2003, 07:48 AM   #197
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Volunteers needed: Dol Amroth women (Worthy Minas Tirith women may also be considered!)

Eckthelion has sent a message to Diorwyn asking her help in enlisting trusted women from Dol Amroth (and possibly elsewhere) to ferret out information from among the guards.

I've already spoken to Esty and Ealasaid about this. Anyone else want to join in?

Let me know and I'll give you some details including the type of information you'd be trying to get....

Cami

[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-09-2003, 09:40 AM   #198
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Hello.
I noticed the 'Save' child had set up fro me. It's posted the 30th of Agust. Please paste.

-------------

After the little conversation with the servant, Betuli had tried to keep a low profile. She didn't want to do anything 'wrong' or something that could be misunderstood. She hadn't seen the servant since and didn't really want to either. Even though, it was obvious that the servant knew something that they could use.

It had become an unplesant situation, Betuli thought. She didn't like it, in fact, she didn't like it at all. She just wanted....She just wanted to see her dear Lady, Finduilas, happy. How can some people even think of ruining that? The thought made her angry and very sad, indeed.

------
I know it's short, but it's the best I can do, in so short time.

Thanks [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 11:53 AM   #199
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Oro,

Your post is up: August 30 at 11:04 am.

Many thanks.

Cami
Old 09-09-2003, 01:28 PM   #200
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Does anyone from Minas Tirith want to hear the news of a spy? I can either talk to anyone specific or just tell anonymous people who spread the news. So if you want to talk to Emilia...?
the Forbidden Link