Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2003, 10:48 AM   #41
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Silmaril

Ealasaid: I finally finished my post. Not to impressive. I do not care on who we visit first. KK [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Manardariel: So glad you are back. We missed you. Glad you are felling better. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Varda: Happy youre back too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ August 06, 2003: Message edited by: elven maiden Earwen ]
Old 08-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #42
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks, Earwen! I will read your post, then get to work on one for Averyll. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Glad you are feeling better Manardariel. Welcome back! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ August 06, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]
Old 08-06-2003, 05:02 PM   #43
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

All Players - Please Note:

This game was contracted for 10 weeks, and it is now halfway through its allotted time. We, the Shire Moderators, would like the game to finish successfully, and not be left hanging at the end of the 10 week period.

In order for this to happen, I have asked Cami (Child of the 7th Age) to step in and more directly moderate the remaining course of this game. Her main function as moderator will be to see that the game process is streamlined a bit so that things move more quickly.

Manardariel has come back and she will be the one to handle most of the questions and suggestions on the Discussion Thread. She will also focus on her character, Tessa, rather than on Finduilas. Manardariel will write Finduilas now as a carry-along character.

And has been suggested by Sophia, Finduilas will be played as if she has been so wrapped up with her relationship to Denethor that most of this (i.e. the problem and the intrigue) is going straight over her head.

Cami will also play the characters of Denethor and Ecthelion as occasional cameos if needed to move the action forward, especially narratives leading directly into the parties and balls. This will omit all the lengthy preparations. Denethor will announce the masquerade in honor of his bride-to-be. This will be the speediest course to take.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation. We are both looking forward to following the remainder of this well written game.

~*~ Pio & Cami, Shire Moderators

[ August 06, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 08-06-2003, 05:02 PM   #44
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Revised Outline for the Game Storyline - per the Owners and Cami, moderator

Act I- The stage is set – THIS SECTION IS DONE
  • Welcoming Party
  • Finduilas and her ladies discuss the events of last night.
  • Ladies of Umbar start doubting Finduilas & crew.
  • Dryea spreads rumors of Finduilas false identity, through the ears and mouths of the servants.

Act II- The first Strife – THIS SECTION IS DONE
  • Luncheon: Minas Tirith and ladies of Umbar; former conclude something is fishy about Finduilas.
  • Dol Amroth ladies find out about the rumors and decide to investigate.
  • Budding friendship between Althea and Adrama.

~*~ THE GAME IS HERE ~*~
Act III- An unpleasant surprise – TO FINISH BY AUGUST 25
  • Meeting with Alethea and Adrama
  • Dol Amroth women continue their investigations and rumor campaign
  • Denethor announces a masquerade ball in honor of his bride-to-be whom he loves very much. Ladies of Umbar urge Minas Tirith women to bring their suspicions to Denethor at the ball.
  • Dol Amroth women continue to investigate.
  • Minas Tirith women confront Denethor with their suspicions in a side garden off the ballroom. With Finduilas at this side, he responds. They suspect they have made a mistake.
  • Dryea openly humiliates her sister.

Act IV- The eye-opener – TO FINISH BY SEPTEMBER 8
  • Dreya blunders.
  • Friendship of Alethea and Adrama deepens
  • Vern gives the message on to all the Minas Tirith women.
  • Alethea pays a visit to Finduilas and the women of Dol Amroth, telling them everything she knows

Act V- A fatal party – TO FINISH BY SEPTEMBER 18
  • Ecthelion announces the formal betrothal party for Finduilas and his son.
  • Betrothal Party: The Minas Tirith/Dol Amroth women decide to strike:
  • Finduilas makes an impassioned speech (her one and only!)
  • Dryea blunders yet again, supporting the accusation.
  • Palace guards try to arrest Dryea and her servants, but fail.
  • Dryea, plus servants, flees to Umbar.
  • Althea stays in Gondor.

[ August 06, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

[ August 12, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 08-06-2003, 07:38 PM   #45
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Arien,

Looks like we'd better get to work with our little meeting. I'll put up a SAVE to fill in either today or tomorrow, and if you can get around to it you can put up a save as well. If not, we can just do it all on my post.

Thanks, Pio, for giving us that little space in Act III to do this! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #46
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nuru

Just put up a couple of SAVES - I can then slot Arien's post in there if needed, or she can do her own save and you can remove the second one of yours later.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:10 PM   #47
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The writing in this game is very strong and I'm looking forward to being involved.

If any other posters are currently in the middle of a subplot (or have one already planned) that isn't reflected on this outline, please post a note on the thread or send a pm to me so we can consider these subplots for inclusion on this planning tool.

I understand that a few folk are on vacation through the remainder of this week. Please get in touch by Monday, August 11, at the latest with any suggestions of this type.

We tried to make the wording of the outline general enough so that it would accomodate what's already going on in the game thread. But, if we've missed something that you feel needs to be included, please let us know.

As many of you are aware, Shire games tend to be direct and straightforward with a specific ending date in mind. We found from hard experience that, when games went on for months, we lost many players and ran the risk of not finishing the story at all. This was a frequent problem in the old freestyle room. This policy stands in contrast to Gondor and Rohan since these forums involve a smaller number of players and fewer stories; these tend to have longer running plotlines.

But as long as we all keep the target dates for each section of the outline in mind and communicate to let everyone know what's going on, we can usually find a way to accomodate what people need to do.

Hopefully, by the end of this weekend, we'll have many vacationers back again and the posters up to full force.

Cami
Old 08-06-2003, 09:14 PM   #48
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Cami-

Lyra and I have a subplot going with the handsome and egotistical soldier, Thenidir. However, this isn't very important... just a rather comic bit on the side that can easily be written out. I will talk to her when she returns and see if she thinks it is worth continuing. I think it could be workable to continue it, but it isn't necessary to the story by any means.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:17 PM   #49
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Sophia,

Thanks for mentioning this.

Let me know what you decide, although a comic sequence like that doesn't necessarily have to go into the main outline unless it impinges on the central plot.

The only thing to be careful about for this or any other peripheral subplot is to make sure that the overall thrust of your writing is to push the main plot forward, and this remains just a fun sideline.

Cami
Old 08-07-2003, 09:23 AM   #50
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Question

Just to let you all know, I have returned and thankfully I have not missed much.

Nurumaiel Thank you for putting a SAVE in for me, I will have my post done as soon as I see yours and I will post it on this thread.

Pio Also thanks for letting Alethea and Adrama have their part in Act III
Old 08-07-2003, 03:15 PM   #51
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Arien, Nurumaiel,

In line with our recent memoes, I've added a brief note regarding the friendship of Alethea and Adrama in Act IV, before Alethea decides to spill the beans.

Cami
Old 08-08-2003, 06:08 AM   #52
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Cami- it should just be fun and not distracting. Thanks! Lyra and I have been planning this for ages. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Everdawn- The word "I" needs to be capitalised. Please go back and edit your last post accordingly. Other than that... hillarious!

Sophia

[ August 08, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 08-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #53
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I will be away from this coming Sunday to Wednesday; should anyone want to include Diorwyn in their posts, they are welcome to do so.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 08-09-2003, 07:57 PM   #54
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Arien

My post of August 06, 2003 is filled in. Just PM me your post and I'll put it in the save space. Since the friendship of Adrama and Alethea has become a more major part in the story I think we would be allowed to do a couple posts each of their conversation together. If Sophia or Manardariel has anything to say against that, please let me know. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

In this conversation I think it would be best if we focused mainly on the subjects that will have an effect on the game. Finduilas, obviously; perhaps they could discuss Dryea for a little while, as Adrama is fascinated by her? Obviously nothing that would even hint as to Dryea's... er... position in the story. Adrama could passionately talk a little about Denethor, and maybe a few words about the annoying Addruran.

Just some ideas for you to ponder on, since I have cruelly left it to you to start their conversation. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2003, 08:33 PM   #55
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I've returned as well and am heading over to the RPG thread but I'm not sure how long I'll spend before I need to surrender the computer to my brother.

I have read the discussion thread however and would like to say that in lieu of Dryea openly humiliating her sister in Act III, I would be much obliged if it was altered to Dryea and Alethea quarreling and Ruiel (If Elora consents) even rebuking her youngest daughter. The Morthaniawens would not do anything dangerous in the public's eyes.

Please, Does anyone know when Elora gets back??

On to the RPG thread...

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-09-2003, 08:34 PM   #56
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

I've done a first post by Eckthelion where he mentions the possibility of sponsoring a masquerade for Denethor and his bride-to-be. He also outlines Gondor's current policy regarding Umbar.

I am planning to have Eckthelion make the announcement of the masquerade on Wednesday, August 13, with the actual masquerade not starting till Friday, August 15. That would give us till August 20 to play out the events of the masquerade itself.

I hope this will give everyone enough time to develop your current subplots and the things on the outline that occur before the party itself. If anyone sees a problem with the chronology, please let me know on this thread or by personal message.

Cami

[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 08-09-2003, 08:59 PM   #57
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

We managed to cross post so I just saw your note.

Because of a strange computer glitch, all the discussion thread from July 19-27 vanished. We lost the last two pages of the original discussion thread (pages 7-8) which is where Elora originally listed her vacation dates.

If memory serves me right, she should return this Sunday or Monday.

Regarding your request for changing the wording in the outline, that sounds fine to me. We just took the language off the original outline so nothing there was actually changed.

Quote:
I have read the discussion thread however and would like to say that in lieu of Dryea openly humiliating her sister in Act III, I would be much obliged if it was altered to Dryea and Alethea quarreling and Ruiel (If Elora consents) even rebuking her youngest daughter. The Morthaniawens would not do anything dangerous in the public's eyes.
But let's wait to see if any of the founders, or Alethea (Arien), have a problem with the change. You might want to write Arien to plot it out together so that the scene fits with both your characters.

Assuming no one expresses any concerns, I'll go ahead and change the wording on that outline next week before the masquerade itself occurs.

Will this work?

Cami
Old 08-09-2003, 09:12 PM   #58
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

I don't think it would be totally out of character for Dryea and Alethea to have a public fight. I realize that Dryea's true position should be kept unrecognized, but I don't think she needs to look infallible. After all, she is human.

I don't have much preference either way, but I don't think that the wording as it is is a threat to Dryea's position at court.

However, the final say is Cami and Manardariel's.

Sophia
Old 08-09-2003, 09:12 PM   #59
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Cami: I'm rushing around like mad right now but I'll PM Arien tomorrow if I can.

I skimmed over the thread except for Cami’s last post (I really must hurry)—fine work all of it and welcome back Manardariel (I’ll get right to answering your PM by the way). I do have one slight concern, however. It’s minor really and I noticed Ealasaid touched on it as well but it would be terribly unwise for Dol Amroth women to spread an anecdote about the Morthaniawens. That’s two falsehoods against Dol Amroth families and both would be absconded from the Citadel therefore accomplishing nothing for either contingent. I did notice that you also gave up the idea but just to write it down in stone here... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyone—but mostly Lyra and Varda: I also have an idea somewhere around here. Since—please think unbiasedly on this—Emilia and Elena are both sort of committed friends of Dryea’s, would it not be appropriate that they take her side without hesitation? I read Varda’s reflection on the rumors and it seemed dubious towards the truthfulness of the rumors discrediting the Lady Finduilas, who, Dryea inferred, if proven guilty of the accusations would damper the Morthaniawen’s reputations (perhaps) since they also hail from Dol Amroth. It would seem one would jump to defend one’s friend. I touch more on this below...

I’m getting a bit nervous now at the balance between good vs. evil. How long do the Morthaniawens keep their allies oblivious to the truth? How far does the Dol Amroth contingent get to uncovering the truth? Will there be any Minas Tirith women willing to stand up for the Morthaniawens during this whole business or are we all going to place our characters in the position of innocence and cast aside Ruiel’s extremely clever rumor mongering? I beg some of you to please accept the role of the giddy noblewoman your character is and take the logical side of the long-residing Morthaniawens over the newly arrived Finduilas and company. Lyra and Varda I’d really like your help in keeping Dryea completely free of blame. Logically there’s nothing against her but things can change quite suddenly. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I start school Monday and will not be able to keep on the very top of things. My contributions will dwindle to an average portion but I shall still put forth the best effort I can. If you’ll excuse me *yawn* I think it’s sleep for me to time and get my rest beauty. ZzZzZzzZzzzZzzzz...

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-09-2003, 09:44 PM   #60
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

Sorry for my long absence from the story. I'll try and remedy that here in short order.
I did get word from Elora today and she will be catching up on the story as soon as she gets some rest.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:48 PM   #61
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Maika-

I am supposed to be stepping back and letting Manardariel take over most of the little things that running this game requires, but I would like to point out a few things about your last post.

Quote:
Emilia and Elena are both sort of committed friends of Dryea’s, would it not be appropriate that they take her side without hesitation? I read Varda’s reflection on the rumors and it seemed dubious towards the truthfulness of the rumors discrediting the Lady Finduilas, who, Dryea inferred, if proven guilty of the accusations would damper the Morthaniawen’s reputations (perhaps) since they also hail from Dol Amroth. It would seem one would jump to defend one’s friend.
I think you are worrying about nothing here. Varda's character is supposed to be a bookish type, sent to Minas Tirith for schooling. It is only in character that she should think a little before accepting such a rumor. It might be out of character for Emilia to debate it, but it isn't for Elena. Also, she eventually believed it, so what are you worried about? Besides, nobody has even breathed a word about the Morthaniawens.

Quote:
Lyra and Varda I’d really like your help in keeping Dryea completely free of blame.
Dryea is currently completely free of blame. Don't make her so unreproachable that she is completely free of humanity as well. Nobody is sullying her reputation.

Quote:
Will there be any Minas Tirith women willing to stand up for the Morthaniawens during this whole business or are we all going to place our characters in the position of innocence and cast aside Ruiel’s extremely clever rumor mongering? I beg some of you to please accept the role of the giddy noblewoman your character is and take the logical side of the long-residing Morthaniawens over the newly arrived Finduilas and company.
Out of the entire Minas Tirith Contingent there are only three that disbelieve you (Siriel, Tiriel, Pelien) and only one who isn't willing to use the rumor against Finduilas anyway (Tiriel). Expecting the Stewards daughters not to know the lineage of the Princes of Dol Amroth is ridiculous, as I stated before. The rest of the court is entirely convinced by your rumors (and has no idea they came from you). Remember that there are more people at court than the ones that are directly being played.

Also, please remember that however competent a spy she may be, Dryea is human. Other people's characters do not simply automatically admire her. It is unrealistic to think that everyone automatically would. Nobody suspects her. That is all we need right now.

Sophia
Old 08-10-2003, 03:36 AM   #62
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Emilia will be delighted to jump to Dryea's defence until it seems that she is not on the winning side. Surely you wouldn't expect Emilia to sacrifice her ambition for friendship?

Also thanks for letting me and Sophia continue with Thenidir. We can have fun at the ball, right Sophia? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Just a question- what can I post about at the moment?

Finally, Emilia wishes to state categorically that she doesn't pick her teeth with her fan and adds: [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-10-2003, 03:38 AM   #63
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Dryea is currently completely free of blame. Don't make her so unreproachable that she is completely free of humanity as well. Nobody is sullying her reputation.
I most heartily agree, Sophia. Also, maika, I think it would actually fit Dreya to openly humiliate her sister- if it was good for her cause. Think about it!

PS-
Maika, I never got the answer to that PM. Was there a problem?

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]
Old 08-10-2003, 06:48 AM   #64
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Maika - I assure you, Elena is not blaming Dryea, nor does she know that Dryea started these rumours. She certainly does not disbelieve Dryea - but Elena is a thinker. She is not a 'giddy noblewoman' and she is here in Minas Tirith to learn. Elena is the kind of character who would think things over before she believed them. Thinking it over, she DOES believe it, so there is no threat to Dryea's character at all.

I simply didn't feel that Elena would have believed it all so quickly, which is why I put in a post with her thinking it all over.

And while I agree that people would admire Dryea - it's part of what makes her such a powerful character, after all - they don't worship her. They all have individual characters, and Dryea can't expect to have so much power over all of them - it's in human nature to have doubts sometimes. Dryea is human, and not some kind of a goddess.

Varda

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: *Varda* ]
Old 08-10-2003, 07:29 AM   #65
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

Speaking as someone who read the entire game last week for the first time in three concentrated sittings, I don't think you have to worry about Dryea's cover. My overall impression was that Dryea and Reuil were enormously successful in making people believe the rumors they had encouraged.

The extent of their success and the fact that so few challenged the ideas was actually surprising. If Finduilas had been aware of what was going on, I tend to think she would have turned to Denethor or Eckthelion for help in butressing her position at court. The Steward's family would have carefully scrutinized the family's roots and standing before negotiating a marriage and would know the rumors did not actually hold water. My assumption is that Finduilas was so wrapped up in her relationship with Denethor that she was not fully aware of what was transpiring around her and therefore took no stand.

So I wouldn't worry about the minor hesitations of others, and don't think changes are required. I think your character is positioned exactly where she should be for Act III.

Secondly, what is most important now is having you and Arien get together and craft a believable falling out between the two sisters. Whatever you call it--a humiliation, an argument or whatever, it would logically be placed in Act III, since this is normally when the first chink in the armor appears for a character who will eventually meet her/his downfall in a five-act play. This falling out, however it's defined, should give Alethea some reason to feel she needs to look outside her own family to find friendship and support.

If you want to have this falling out happen in some secluded niche off the main ballroom so that fewer people outside the main family witness it, that would probably be alright(although you'll undoubtedly want at least one outside witness even if that is a chance passerby who hears more than she's intended to hear). The most important thing at this point is the change in relations between the two sisters, the one factor that Dryea and Reuil fail to weigh into the equation. The actual exposure of Dryea as a spy and fraud before the entire court can wait till later, after Alethea makes her moves.

It is Alethea who is the fulcrum in this situation; her actions lead to Dryea's downfall.

Cami

[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 08-10-2003, 10:42 AM   #66
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Well, I sure am glad that's all cleared up. I never suggested that Dryea should be thought of as anything more than human and worshipped so please don't pin her name up under the category of Goddess. I'm not quite sure where we got off on that foot but oh well.

Thanks everyone for pointing out those things I've missed. It has helped a lot.

Manan: I'll send it again right now.

I'll also PM Arien about our characters' public row.

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-10-2003, 01:03 PM   #67
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

My last post was on a whim to help get going in the direction of Alethea's alienation from the family as well as the problem with Rhir.

First Alethea and Dryea will fall out. Then Dryea will gain her mother's pride again--how this will come about is being devised--and she'll use her mother's confidence to sort of boot Alethea out.

Corsair Contingent: Any thoughts? How do you maids want to get into this?

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-10-2003, 02:53 PM   #68
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Maika: Can you send that PM (the answer) back to me, please? Thanks!
Quote:
Just a question- what can I post about at the moment?
Hmmm...maybe some personal thoughts of Emilia´s, or a bit of the soldier affair...let your imagination soar!

PS- don´t you love my sig???? Isn´t it cool?? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2003, 03:08 PM   #69
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Maika

Would be much obliged if you would check your PMs. Just a concern on my part that begs for clearing up.

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2003, 02:02 PM   #70
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Because of the technical difficulties recently experienced by the forum, I am giving each game another week for its expected End Date.

The date now set for your game to close is:

9/18

Thanks! Pio
Old 08-12-2003, 02:23 PM   #71
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Please note the revised dates on the interim outline as well:

Act III - 8/25

Act IV - 9/8

Act 5 - 9/18

The paragraph below has also been updated as follows:

Quote:
I am planning to have Eckthelion make the announcement of the masquerade on Friday, August 15, with the actual masquerade not starting till Tuesday, August 19. That would give us till August 28 to play out the events of the masquerade itself and the dispute between the sisters.
Cami
Old 08-12-2003, 06:24 PM   #72
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Nuru - What do you think of Adrama being present for the tea party with the ladies from Dol Amroth? She could help Pelien take the four of them on. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, let me know what you think so Pelien can react accordingly.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:27 PM   #73
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Fine with me, Alak. I think it would be good for Adrama to be able to hear what everyone has to say, since she'll have a rather important decision to make about her feelings for Finduilas in the end.

Thanks so much for the offer.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:18 PM   #74
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

As we somewhat have a time issue here.......

I´d like to have the next day started by tomorrow. Nuru or Alaklondewen could you maybe make a post about your character´s plans for the teaparty... it´d be great if you could do that! And Earwen you have S-A-V-E to fill in here!
Thanks a lot,

Manan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2003, 09:46 PM   #75
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Manardariel - we are now on the next day. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nuru - Pelien just completely over-reacted and was pretty harsh with Adrama. If there are any problems you see with the post, just let me know and we can work something out.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:16 AM   #76
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Alak- great post! Thanks a bunch.

Dol Amroth Ladies- you can go ahead and start posting a prelude. Make sure you guys contact Alak and Nuru before starting the actual party, which I would like to have finished by tomorrow night. Does that seem realistic?
Old 08-15-2003, 11:37 AM   #77
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

I've put up a save for Adrama's reaction to her mother's scolding, which should be really fun to write. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Arien, I still need an Alethea post for the meeting. Since my PMs are currently down, why don't you just put your post here on the discussion thread and I can put it in the save I made for you. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2003, 09:40 PM   #78
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Silmaril

I filled in my save. Tell me if I should change anything. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2003, 04:27 AM   #79
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Nurumaiel ...sorry for the post being so late, I was unable to get on to the Internet for the whole week......but here it is:

It was two hours before tea was to be laid down and although Alethea knew this probably wasn’t near enough time for her to get acquainted with Adrama even more, it would have to do. She had had Meirelle place out a simple rose dress for her and bade her farewell even though the girl had insisted on stay and helping her with Alethea‘s hair.. Although Alethea had a sneaky feeling that she wanted to know where she was off to. Alethea left the estate, curtsying to a guard placed outside of the gate. This wasn’t necessary, but precautions must always be taken. It took her little over ten minutes to walk to the public garden where they were to meet. The orange glow of the sun dazzled her eyes as she walked and in truth she felt as though she was temporarily blinded. She smiled politely to those who she knew when they past by and the odd “Hello” and “How are you?” came from the passers by.

Alethea smiled and finally found herself at the park. She walked down a path and up ahead she saw a figure sat up a bench, as she drew closer she could see that it was Adrama and she gave a little wave. Alethea retuned the gesture. When she reached Adrama she was offered a welcome handshake and she took it and curtsied in return.

“Please, dear Alethea, won't you be seated?" asked Adrama in a noble voice, Alethea smiled faintly and sat down on the bench to Adrama. “How are you?” she continued to ask.

“Well, not much has changed since the luncheon….I am still in some what of a sombre mood but my mood has indeed been uplifted by our meeting, and of course my liking for the dear Finduilas has not gotten any better….”

Adrama raised her eyebrow, “Of course it has not…..and if I am too bold tell me, but why do you hate Finduilas.”

Alethea sighed, she couldn’t exactly tell Adrama the truth, that would mean revealing her true identity and uncovering her mother and sisters plot to her. And Alethea was not that stupid, however there were a few other reasons that Alethea disliked Finduilas. And whether these reasons were helped by the wildly spun rumours or they were created for her own perception she had forgotten. But she was to tell Adrama anyway. “I think she is false…” she said it boldly and flatly, Adrama’s eyes widened with a sort of intrigue, “this whole act she is putting on! Who does it fool? Her sweet smile, the air of innocence about her, even her beauty. She has fooled many of them, ‘she is the perfect bride!’, they all say over their over filled wine glasses and their overfilled heads. I don’t know who she thinks she is fooling, but it is not I.”

Alethea finished and gave a sort of cheeky smile to Adrama. Wow, she convinced herself she was describing Finduilas, or was she? She shook the thought from her head and continued, “And your reason?”

It was now time for Adrama to sigh, “Do not tell me you don’t know!” she cried.

“You wanted Denethor?” Alethea queried, knowing all to well that this was the reason. Adrama nodded her head. Alethea gave a comforting smile. “Maybe we should move on to a different subject……?” And so they did. They spoke for the full two hours that Alethea was available for. Conversation passed from their hatred of Finduilas to Dryea, and then to their mothers and various other women of the court. Alethea found that they did have much in common and although she was sure her mother or sister would condemn their friendship, because of Adrama’s insignificance, that didn’t seem to bother her.

“Well, this has been an interesting meeting…” Alethea smiled at Adrama, “I would love to meet again sometime, but know I must go home and have tea with my mother and sister….see you again soon!” And with a small wave she was off and heading back to the estate.

Thanks,

Arien
Old 08-16-2003, 12:30 PM   #80
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Thanks, Arien! It's up there now, and a very short post by me after it.

I'll get to work on my save space today.