Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2003, 10:49 PM   #321
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

"I would not but if it were by your wish. And as you seem to want me to know I shall ask. Where have you gone off to for so long and what was your buisness?" She asked him non-chalantly as they swept their merry way across the dance floor. "I for one never disapeared for more than five minutes at a time! I am very pleased that I could entertain myself so well for such a time!"

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Arafangwen ]
Old 05-01-2003, 10:54 PM   #322
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

APPEARANCE NUMBER TWO:

DAEROHIL, ELVISH GHOSTLY STABLE LAD OF CASTLE MALADIL

Who could resist running at full beautiful breakneck speed, free under the sun, down a gleaming red carpet? Not Daerohil! But the ghostly Elvish stable lad froze in his tracks on seeing the monster … a huge Orc, bigger and meaner-looking than the ones who'd killed him in the stables of Castle Maladil in the Second Age.

It couldn't harm him, of course, not now. But somehow, Daerohil didn't want the Orc to see him, not even the faintest glimmery phasing in-and-out at the edge of vision "trick of the light" way that made people look again wondering if they'd seen a wandering spirit. Not even if he'd only be mistaken for a small barrow wight around these burial mounds anyways. Daerohil looked from side to side for a hiding place.

But at that moment, a young Man who'd been confronting the Orc with a scimitar was rising to his feet, and a small dark square was leaping from the Man's pack, and the square hit the Orc square atop the noggin until the Orc sank fainted into a heap! Giggling, Daerohil leapt over the horrible creature and ran past the Man to see what the red carpet led to. Perhaps it led to Valinor? Maybe so.

Meanwhile, Daerohil recognized a small familiar form … a girl named Poppy Took who had been one of the very first visitors to Castle Maladil in over a thousand years … and also one of the very last, because with the curse lifted, the castle had been declared no more. Daerohil scooted over to Poppy and bowed a low bow with many a mirthful flourish of arms and hands. "Good to see you!," he shouted happily, "Where are we? And do you have a pony that I may tend for you, honored Miss?" Daerohil hoped Poppy would be able to see and hear him well enough to communicate. Meanwhile, he went and picked some nearby daffodils, then scampered back to hold out the bouquet to Poppy.

Then Daerohil heard it, the music … and even after hearing these very same plaintive notes for century upon century, smiled wide in glad appreciation. Kenelm's harp-playing! With a difference. This harp must be new, for the tone was rich and full, as of a harp with all of its strings intact and finely tuned in excellent repair. After all, Kenelm had given away his old harp as a present to one of the visitors. Daerohil waved to Kenelm, listening rather than speaking, "speaking" admiration through rapt attention, so as not to break the harpist's concentration. Daerohil sighed with contentment.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:07 PM   #323
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

"I can't tell you where I've been or what I've been doing, but thanks for asking" replied The Phantom with gleam in his eye.

"But seriously, I'll tell you a bit, but not all...not yet."

Something about his face made Arafangwen a bit worried. The Phantom saw the look of uneasiness she gave, and he quickly reassured her that there was nothing for her to worry about.

The words he said alone did in fact comfort her a little, but it was the voice itself that caused her to relax and smile. It didn't matter what that voice said, it could just be humming for all she cared, but while it was there all of her fears and apprehensions vanished. She sighed, closed her eyes, and let the waves of beautiful sound wash over her ears, not completely comprehending what was being said. "No wonder he's the greatest recording artist of all time", she thought.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:17 PM   #324
Hanna_Gamgee
Animated Skeleton

Hanna_Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hanna_Gamgee Send a message via Yahoo to Hanna_Gamgee
1420!

Hanna and her friends decide to go home for the night. They have been having fun but they are getting too tired. They say good night to thir friend. On the way out the door they see Guo_Si and stop to say hi. Then they pick up their weapons at the door and go home. They will come back later in the weekend they think to themselves.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:21 PM   #325
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Silmaril

Arafangwen closed her eyes and rested her head on The Phantoms chest as she let the soothing sound of his voice set her mind at ease from all worrys at the present time.

"I wish I could always feel like this." she silently wished with a barely audible sigh of contentment.

The Phantom heared her sigh and could tell that it was not one of regret, but decided not to say anything as to prevent any embaressing situations, "After all," he reminded himself, "She is married, and to a prince of all the likelyhood." so he kept quiet as she rested her head and they silently graced the dance floor with their elegance.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:48 PM   #326
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A small figure appears a ways down the carpet and cautiously walks down it and reaches for the door. She enters, pushing back her hood, gazing at the merrymaking, dancing, and of course eating (A hobbits favorite pastime) happening in the room. It is Gorwingel, finally making it to the grand gala after being delayed many times by such things as dragons, trolls, and of course the weather. She is slightly ashamed that she has arrived so late, but looks around to find her many friends gathered around her for the first time. She removes her cloak, handing it to the doorelf, and immediately heads into the party, storming towards the buffet and the pile of steaming hot lembas.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:05 AM   #327
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

As the dance ended the two lingered on the floor a few moments longer before he offered his arm and they proceded off to their table in a very content state.

"You're an excellent dancer." Arafangwen commented after a lingering calm had passed.

"Is it something you do often?" she softly inquired as her voice had somehow seemed to fail her in his beautiful trance, she did not care much as to what the answer to her question would be as long as there was one so she could listen to the eloquence of his handsome voice again.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:26 AM   #328
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

"How often do I dance? Well, not as often as I'd like" The Phantom replied. "Unfortunately, there are always obstacles that seem to hinder us in our pursuit of the things we love."

At this, there was an extremely awkward silence. Anafangwen played with her hair and The Phantom stared at the table. In an effort to end the moment, The Phantom rose and took her hand and led her towards the Moderators' table where Gimli was. "I think we should go and keep him some company" said The Phantom. This was a ridiculous statement, for Gimli was fast asleep, but at least it broke the tension.

As he seated himself, The Phantom glanced over at the sleeping form of Gimli.

"I believe our dwarf friend has the right idea", The Phantom remarked. "Here's a proposition for you- how would you feel about taking a little rest. I'm quite tired, and I'm sure you are too."

It was only then that Arafangwen noticed the rip in The Phantom's glove. She reached out and took his hand and slipped her finger inside of the rip, and to her dismay she felt the warmth of blood. "How did this happen?" she asked as she pulled the glove from his hand.

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine" answered The Phantom, swiftly pulling his glove back onto his hand. "The business I attended to earlier was a bit rough."

Arafangwen was a bit taken aback by his quick retort. "No wonder he doesn't have many close friends" she thought. "He's so secretive and closed, even when he's shown pity."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude", he said, interrupting her thoughts. "I'm just very tired."

"What was this 'business' you keep talking about?" queried Arafangwen, encouraged by his apology.

"Well, I'll tell you this much. There is a faction that plans on making some sort of statement at this party, and they plan on doing it in some disastrous fashion. Many of the cooks, security guards, and valets are secretly spying for me, as are some of the 'guests' here. They've been keeping me updated throughout the evening."

"What faction could possibly get through the security here and cause major problems?" asked Arafangwen. Then a terrible thought suddenly occurred to her. "Wait! You don't mean-"

"They are shield maidens! Shield maidens, Arafangwen, if that means anything to you."

"Save us!" cried Arafangwen.

(neither of them noticed they had nearly copied word for word the exchange between Strider and Barliman while in The Prancing Pony in Lord of the Rings)

"I don't know what they're up to exactly, but I'm working on it" continued The Phantom. Earlier, I caught ten of them attempting to steal my limo. That's how I got the cut."

"But you could've taken them with one hand, I've heard about your fighting!"

"Yes, but I did not wish to harm them. I very much dislike striking women, much less killing them", answered The Phantom.

"Then how did you stop them?" asked Arafangwen.

"Well, I've been working on a spell to use against shield maidens for some time, and I've recently perfected it."

"What does it do?"

"It causes the shield maiden I cast it on to immediately become timid, passive, and have a strong desire to do housework" The Phantom answered mischeivously. Arafangwen smiled at the thought. "But I've really got to get some rest, Ara. I'm sorry".

"No, I understand, Phantom. Anyway, I need some rest too. I'll see you later."

With a smile, The Phantom turned and disappeared into the shadows in the corner.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:36 AM   #329
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

"Ara" she thought to herself happily.

Only three other people had ever called her that before, all of them close relatives also. She wondered about this, and the feelings for him that were quickly arrising in her struggling heart. She kept telling herself to think of Legolas but her thoughts were constantly being wisked away by thoughts of the Phantoms voice and the things he had just revealed to her. She needed council, so she decided to seek the only one present whom she thought would be able to help her in the ways she so despretly yearned for.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Arafangwen ]
Old 05-02-2003, 01:00 AM   #330
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Tinuialwen arrived on her grey horse. She dismounted and hurried up the red carpet. 'Oh gosh you just had to be late didn't you? Now all the interesting things have already happened and you are LATE!'

It was such a shame too, she'd taken so long to figure out her dress. It was dark blue and had embroidery around her collar and along her sleeves. Around the bottom of the dress there were small beads that sparkled as she ran up the carpet. Her brown, wavy hair fell down her back and around her neck a white gem hung from a silver chain.

Finally reaching the end of the carpet she walked into the grand hall. The music was playing and everyone was dancing and chatting. Tinuialwen grinned widely, this was definetely going to be her kind of party!
Old 05-02-2003, 01:07 AM   #331
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
1420!

"Hm, if the dragon thinks I can't take the heat, it...or, *er*, she, has another thing coming," thought Lush with a smirk on her face. Upon noticing the fact that several bystanders were paying more than their fair share of attention to her, Lush snapped her fingers and allowed her smirk to re-arrange itself into a bright smile of pure innocence.

"Amateurs," thought Lush, as she observed the formidable dragon court the supine Squatter.

"All of you!" The rest of the thought suddenly vocalized itself (surely this had nothing to do withh the fact that Lush was on her 30th drink for the night).

"You have to let them know their place," Lush advised the dragon under her breath. " Like them, but only sort of like them, if you catch my drift, old thing. Trust my expertease."

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Lush ]
Old 05-02-2003, 01:21 AM   #332
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

"Eru!" Arafangwen cried out in desperation.

"Has anyone seen Gandalf about anywhere recently? I desperatly seek his counsel." Arafangwen asked a nearby group in a very breathless voice as if she had been running for a long time.

"Gandalf!" the girl cried out once again.

"Where are you to be found?" she said in a barely audible voice as her earlier cries were of no avail.

"Oh my dear friend Odaear, how I wish you were here to help me in this my time of need for counsel." she said softly to herself, just before she swooned to the ground in a deep sleep, from physical and emotional exaustion.

The people around her immedietly gathered around to see what ailed the young elven maiden on the floor.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:38 AM   #333
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Diamond had eaten her fill, and stood up to assess how the room had change since last she’d been paying attention (the food was so scrumdilliumptious that it had engrossed her completely for the entirety of her meal). The answer to her visual enquiry was: not much. The Phantom had stopped dancing and disappeared (so like a phantom!) and his partner had swooned to the floor. Well! Diamond thought, If that’s the effect he has on people, maybe I’d rather not… This soliloquy was rather moot, of course, since the being in question was gone, but Diamond rarely let moot points or dead horses faze her. A few people had arrived most unfashionably late, and Lush was stammering incoherently at the all but disserted or inertly inebriated bar.

Diamond decided that, since she wasn’t really tired after her relaxing house-cleaning and refreshing meal, she would instead curl up with a good book until things should start swinging again. Therefore, she returned to the couch, swatted H-I’s feet away again, and settled down to read David Copperfield before it was unfashionably overdue at the library. She noticed a sweat stain on the cover, undoubtedly from where it had come in contact with the head of the polite but busy Mithadan. She wiped the smudge away with the corner of her denim jacket, then opened up the book and murmured sentimentally, “Gosh, I love this book. If only I had time to read it, in time. Prioritize, that’s what I’ve got to do with my time. No more refreshing BD threads to see if someone’s posted lately, while my life languishes. Harrumph. At least, not until Estelyn gets back and starts the sequel…”

After a while she stopped muttering to herself, and began to read. It was a long book, and would keep her occupied for many a studious hour.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:25 AM   #334
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Right then you beefed up sunday lunch," Mattius began holding his poultry employer by the neck and six foot off the ground, "I've had enough of you and your stupid stupid dancing and I don't thing Cuthalion cares for it much either!"

Chicken gave a large gulp. Squatter, sat a few feet away and raised his half full glass,

"Let him have it lad!" He cheered at the sight.

"People don't respect me because of you," Mattius contiued, "in fact when most people mention or here about the name Mattius they think of a STUPID DANCING YELLOW CHICKEN!!!"

As the last word left his lips Mattius heard the record scratch and go off, the entire room turned to look at him and gasped when they saw the great Chicken being held alof by the young man. Mattius put him down on the table and everyone returned to their merryment. Chicken kicked a bag of peanuts that were on the bar into Mattius' face and ran off into the crowd, leaving the lad with salty peanutty eyes and a hysterical Squatter.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:08 AM   #335
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I awake with a start. Relieved I didn't drool (much), I look around trying to remember where I was...ah yes! The party of all parties! Half the attendees were sprawled around in various positions, there was a dragon at the bar. No Trippo in sight, but the Saucepan Man is clanking around screaming about a magic pot...was it my imagination or did I hear singing? I accidentally left a graham cracker in my applejuice. Not even a hobbit would eat that mess. I get up and walk towards the bar.
A young man is yelling and trying to rub salt out of his eyes, which is a very foolish thing to do. I hand him a glass of water.
"Chicken troubles?" I muse. "There is an agency I bet could help you. It is called 'KFC'."

Old 05-02-2003, 04:04 AM   #336
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

‘Light the torches, Azhnog. And you two place them around the greensward.’ The Uruks beetled their brows at her, looking furtively toward the front entrance to the Hall. ‘Don’t worry about Mithadan. The party is already out of control, and he’s got his hands full. The last place he’ll wander tonight is out of doors.’

Pio threw her coat over the back of a stone bench that stood between the red carpeted walk and the topiary hedge, and rolled up her shirt sleeves. I’ll captain one team. Who’s up for the other?’ The Uruks stood looking, one to the other; none of them stepped forward to volunteer.

‘Grab him!’ A likely looking candidate had stepped out the south side door for a breath of fresh air, or so it seemed until the tell-tale orange glow of a cigarette punctuated the darkness in which he stood. Two beefy Uruks picked the poor fellow up by the arms and deposited him in front of Pio.

‘You’ll do nicely,’ she commented, eyeing his trim, muscled frame. He raised his brows at this comment and backed away hurriedly, only to find himself sprawled flat on his back as he tripped over one of the Wargs.

Pio approached, shaking her head, and offered him a hand up. ‘You’ll do nicely for futbol,’ she explained. His face bore a decidedly puzzled look. ‘We need another captain . . . for soccer . . . you do know how to play don’t you?’

Pio took another pull from her blue bottle, and sent Azhnog to find one of the balls in the equipment shed. She wiped the lip of the bottle off with her ascot and offered it to the opposing team’s new captain. He sucked at it greedily and she wrested it from his fingers before he killed it completely.

She raised her arm and swept the motley, assembled crew in a generous arc. Uruks, Wargs, Orcs, and the Hobbit chorus line on a break from the Hall’s festivities. ‘I’ll give you first pick,’ she offered. ‘Take your ten, and I’ll take mine after.’

Pio could see the man’s calculating mind take stock of the assortment of possible players, and he began to pick out the best ones with a grin. She could see him thinking what an easy contest this would be.

Azhnog returned with the ball and lobbed it to her. It arced down, and she caught it deftly on the toe of her now scuffed Perry Ellis Oxford, juggling it easily as the man made his selections.

‘My turn?’ she said sweetly, kicking the ball to him. It landed with a satisfying thunk to his midriff, and fell to the ground just before he did. His team looked on in consternation at their fallen captain.

Pio waved the seven members of the Hobbit dance ensemble to her side, then looked about in a calculating manner for the last three choices . . .
Old 05-02-2003, 04:08 AM   #337
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Fin finally finished the last bottle of wine on the table and noticed that Sophia had dropped off. He must have lost track of time somewhere as well. Trippo had left, the bar was covered in sleeping people, in fact most of the room was sleeping. He noticed the Saucepan Man was looking frantically around and decided to go and look. He passed Cuthalion and Maika and nodded. He wondered where Helka and Aman were, probably asleep in a corner as well.

Fin knew from experience that parties of this magnitude flowed in hills and troughs. At one moment everyone was active, then the next minute sleep overtook everyone. And then, moments later everyone was up again.

As he crossed the room to intercept the Saucepan Man, a yellow chicken, who just kicked a bag of peanuts into Mattius' eyes, ran into him.
"Wow," Fin said unsteadily, nearly falling over.
"Sorry," muttered the chicken and ran off. Was it Fin or was he crying?

He continued over and finally made it to his destination.

"Lost something," he asked.

"No I will not grin!" the clanging man replied, "I've lost my Magic Pot."

"Oh..." said Fin, pretending to understand. "Would you like me to help."

"yes, please do," the strange new friend replied.

As Fin began to search for the absent pot, he wondered why the Saucepan Man only managed to hear correctly when people offered something.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:10 AM   #338
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hilde was quiet full by this time but was determined to try a Balrog Wing. After many hours of futile searching she determined that they must be coming from a rather heavy, though empty black pot sitting on the edge of the buffet table. She had openned it thinking that it must be soup, but had found it perfectly clean on the inside. "This must be a magic pot!" she exclaimed. "But I don't seem to see an instruction booklet...." She tried a few magic words such as "Bham", with no luck. Looking around,she found the buffet bereft of people, even the dessert table with it's ocean motif was deserted. "Surely, no one will miss one pot for a short while..." she reasoned quiet erringly, as she lifted the pot and crept under the table. The short while stretched into a rather long time.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:13 AM   #339
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

An annoying peeping sound came from one of the closets near the entrance to the Grand Hall. Those that were close by recognised the disturbingly untuned Für Elise. After some clatter from the above-mentioned closet the melody (if you choose to call it that) ceased and a sleepy "Hummmh?" was heard. Then the conversation followed:

"Hello? Is someone there? Anna? Is it my sweet Anna? How are you?" A short pause and then some laughter. "Is that right? So mom and dad and Andrew are fine? That's nice to hear. Now would you give the phone to yo-... No NO, please don't play with the push buttons dear! Oh my head..."

After another break the monologue continued. "Well good morning to you too!...Oh, nothing special...planning to do, er, some housework it seems. And Anna told you are doing fine...or that's how I interpreted her 'Mmama, daanty'..." Short silence once more. "Why of course you can come! That would be lovely! And when would this be?...I *gulps* see... Yes, I mean no, that's no problem at all...See you then! Bye."

At the very moment when the conversation was over a slightly messy (yet extremely dashing) lady pushed open the cleaning closet's door and rushed forth. She had already dialed a new number and spoke hurriedly to her cell phone. "Is it the GwaiAirs? Yes, this is Miss. Annun and I need a copter preferably yesterday...Well of course to Annúminas!...Great. Yes, from The Grand Hall."

Annun ended the call and stopped to think. She eyed the Hall and frowned. She had hard time remembering what had happened earlier that night (or was it morning already?). Several flashbacks intermingled in her mind and she got more and more confused. 'Dancing yellow chicken with diamond necklace chatting with an innocent looking dragon about vodka, cherries and Turin going to therapy?' There was something wrong with that image but Annun had no time to consider it further.

She saw Isilmë still sitting at the bar and walked to her trying to appear calm. "Isil! Can you forgive me I left you like that?" Isil tried to give her one of her disapproving looks but clearly failed in this attempt and burst in to warm laughter. "Forgiven and forgotten! But I bet you don't remember half of what happened after you rushed after Mith and the vodka!"

Annun had to admit that but then she remembered her haste. "You must fill in the blanks later for I'm once again sorry, but I have to leave you and this party for at least a while. My sister-in-law just called and informed that they would be paying me a visit today! And if I get lucky they will stay for the whole weekend." Now she really loved her brother and his family - Anna and Andrew were the light of her life - but why-oh-why did they choose this weekend of all the weekends to come and meet her? 'No luck no duck', she reasoned (thinking about the buffet she had hardly touched) while saying good-bye to Isil and headed for the roof.

Before leaving the room Annun's eye caught up with Diamond's diamonds sparkling in a cozy couch and she thought if she might still do those mental housecleaning jobs she was renowned for. Seeing, however, how deeply focused she was on her book Annun sighed and decided to do the dirty work herself (ie. push around the maids). She took one final look about the Hall and made mental notes to talk to Sophia and The Saucepan Man in the minute she would be back. 'And there are so many new faces here! I need to do some serious mingling as soon as I shall return.' And with that she left the room.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:28 AM   #340
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Fin searched around the room for pots, in particular the buffet table. The only problem was that there were so many. He had already spilled soup and if it were not for the deft movements of the Saucepan Man and his pans, his suit would no longer look so good, but rather a large stain would have appeared.

He lifted the final pot, which was small and silver and looked inside. "Urgh, peanuts!" he cried, and closed the lid quickly.

"Where is that damned pot!" he cried, as he leant against the buffet table.

Suddenly, the cover of the table lifted up and a hobbit's head stuck out.

"Ahh!" cried Fin, and jumped away from the table.

"Sorry," the hobbit lady said, "but did you say a pot?"

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: the real findorfin ]
Old 05-02-2003, 04:49 AM   #341
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

After speaking in low hushed tones with Mattias for a moment, I walk to the buffet to see about eating something. A few chicken legs and a slice of chocolate mousse pie later, I start to walk back to my table. The Chicken gives me a beady eye as I walk past. But upon noticing several people in gas masks removing my frothing glass of graham-apple juice with tongs, I decide that moving on would be best.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Oddwen ]

Old 05-02-2003, 04:55 AM   #342
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Is it yours then? I’m sorry; I only meant to borrow it. Trying to get a bit of balrog, err wings that is, out of it but couldn’t get it to work.” She said in explanation.

Fin accepted the pot from Mrs Bracegirdle thanking her and the Valar that hobbits were not well versed in magic.

Evita was in the air, but stopped suddenly and Requiem began in its place.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:01 AM   #343
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Fin thankfully accepted the magic pot and turned to try and find Saucepan Man. After several minutes of searching he found him, or rather his leg. The rest of him was stuck through a small door which led underneath the stage.

"Uh...I've found it!" Fin shouted.
"What?"
"The pot, I've found it."
"Yes, it is quite hot."
"No, the POT!"
"Oh," the pan-adorned man said, as she scrambled from underneath the stage. His pots were now slighty dusty and the sheen had gone.
"My pot," he exclaimed, and took it in his arms. "Now all I need is the password."

Fin groaned as the Saucepan man set about searching his own pans.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:06 AM   #344
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Sting

After finally finding an empty seat and eating, I begin to feel sleepy...very sleepy. Has Tweak spiked my mousse? Lights are spinny...

Old 05-02-2003, 05:19 AM   #345
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

It was really all a bit too much. The sounds and the lights were swimming in a sea of guests whose bizarre adventures in antinarrative rivalled those of previous years. Some parties really are bigger than others.

Bêthberry felt something like a fabled Alice who had had a difficult time deciding which side of the mushroom to eat. Her eyes smarted. They watered. They blurred. She was sure they were red-rimmed from all the smoke. Who ever had decided that pipeweed could be smoked indoors had done a wicked disservice to her allergies. Or perhaps it was that lembas she ate, from Lorien Salad Queen Deli.

As it was, her judgment was certainly impaired and she had difficulty recognizing many of the guests. She could have sworn she heard two flies talk exactly like XPhial and Merendis. She thought she recognized Beleth and Guo too, but she could't be sure, since she was used to seeing them in a galaxy far away from the RPG forums. At least Pio she recognized, having offerred her yet another round of blue sapphire before the elf claimed to need some fresh air. She decided to follow pio's wise move.

On the way out, Bêthberry overheard Diamond saying something about David Copperfield and she wondered how it was that the famous musician was also a Downer, and if that explained the strange surreality of the party, but then someone else swore "What the dickens" about dragons--an epithet which served to steady Bêthberry's memory of books past. She shook her head as she watched Pio put the futbol teams through their paces. Why there were two of the said balls in approximately the same space she could not understand, but since she was floating higher than either of them, she decided to join the game in a bit of a different activity. She began to cheer.

Two, four, six, eight,
Why do we halluc...

She caught herself. Mustn't break the rules, even in Gondor. She tried again.

Two, four, six, eight,
Who do we assassi....

Whoops, no, that rhyme wouldn't work either, she realized. Real, meaningful play abided not in the violence of the wack and hack but in negotiated conflict. She wondered if that was what Pio was doing.

Two, four, six, eight,
How shall we recreate?
Negotiate! Negotiate!

Well, that was getting better, but was a tad too serious for the flavour of this party. Bêthberry decided to seek out Child, who she knew she could count on to help establish a truly solid line of cheerleading support in the gaming endeavours they were all enjoying.

Child, she called out, Child, don't you think it would be splendid to provide the futbol game with some real cheerleading?

She wasn't sure Child could hear her over the din.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Bêthberry ]
Old 05-02-2003, 05:46 AM   #346
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Sting

Eventually I realize the sleepiness and ensuing nausea is from eating too much mousse. That's soon fixed, but not in a way that's pleasant.
Returning from the ladies' room, I nearly trip on a hobbit that is lying drunkenly on the floor.
"Scu'mmie!" he giggles.

((Happy eleventy-first post me!))

Old 05-02-2003, 05:52 AM   #347
Donlammenion
Animated Skeleton

Donlammenion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don in a confused nused over fins escapade with the saucepan man. To his right a rather sleepy but none the less beautiful, resting her head on his shoulder.
"you are the most amazing"
Then Don stopped Nil was now sound asleep he gently kissed her on the forehead.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:20 AM   #348
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Well, day two begins." said Frodo as the group of nine sat around their table eating whatever they snitched off the buffet table for breakfast.

It had been an interesting night. Isildae had apologised until he was out of breath for being late. Elrond nearly died laughing at Primrose's reaction to his comments. They had all gone to bed not long after Sam and co. arrived, but sleep wasn't easy. First Isildae started giggling for no apparent reason, which set everyone else off as well. The gigglefest then turned into a pillow fight that blossomed into a war. Exasted, the group finally fell asleep.

Now they all sat observing the scene. Elrond was comparing his right had to his left, as they were getting dressed that morning he'd slammed the little finger of his right hand in the door.

"You are all right I suppose?" Maggie questioned.

"Hm? Oh yes, fine."

Frodo snickered "The wasy you shrieked when it happend we thought one of the Uruk security guards had nabbed you."

"Laiqua Mire, I haven't danced with you yet." Elond tried to change the subject.

Maggie smirked "Is that an invite?"

With Elrond's nod they glided out to the dance floor to begin a graceful elven dance. Frodo followed suit and took Primrose by the hand and led her out after them, even though trying to teach Primrose how to dance was harder than expected.

"Over...step two three....get off my feet....thank you. Turn...two three...back forward...stop dragging your feet, Prim." That was about how it went, but once she got the hang of it, Primrose did a good job.

Elrond finished with taking Maggie by her waist and spinning in a circle with her, she ended up wide eyed and a bit dizzy.

"Cromthal, I think we have need of some good live music in here, you and Elrond should play your harps for us." Isildae suggested.

Isildae and Cromthal could be almost twins. They were both the same height, their hair was both the same dark colour, They were both pale as sheets, and sometimes they even acteed like each other. However, Cromthal's voice was a bit differnt than Isildae's, his hair was a bit more curky too, and he had bright green eyes instead of pale blue like Isildae.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:32 AM   #349
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Sting

The nausea may have passed, but I suddenly find myself in the middle of a sugar rush. I speak to the Mithadan for a moment and then climb onto the stage.

"I'd like to take this oppurtunity to offer my sincerest congratulations on this the Barrow-down's third birthday! I like less than half of you...oh wait wrong story, heh heh." A snare drum and scattered boos.

"Anyway, since we're spoofing Beatles songs, I'd like to offer this."

The music starts.

You say it's your deathday!
It's my deathday too yet!
We're gonna have a good time!
I'm glad it's your death day!
Happy deathday to you!

Yes we're going to a party party

I would like you to dance (birthday!)
take a cha-cha-cha-chance
I would like you to dance
daaaaaaaaance!

I would like you to dance (birthday!)
take a cha-cha-cha-chance
I would like you to dance
daaaaaaaaance!

It's my deathday too yet!
We're gonna have a good time!
I'm glad it's your death day!
Happy deathday to you!

"VIVA LA BARROW-DOWNS!"

Old 05-02-2003, 06:33 AM   #350
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

As Nerindel looked around she spotted none other than Legolas's good lady wife Arafangwen dancing with the infamous Phantom, She chuckled she had never thought of the Phantom beening such a marvelous dancer.

She didn't even bother to look to see if Legolas was about. She knew he wouldn't, This place would be crawling with fan girls. She gave another chuckle, she herself preferred tall, dark and handsome. Not that Legolas wasn't handsome, but she didn't know how Arafangwen could put up with the constent harassment from fan girls. She made a mental note to ask Arafangwen this very question should she get to chance to speak with her.

She then made her way over to the buffet table to get some Lembas and a tall cool glass of Miruvor, if they had any. She was delighted to see that they had, so she poured herself a tall glass and nibbled on a still warm Lembas. The spread looked wonderful it seemed to cater for all races, she made another mental note to congratulate Mithadan and the other mod's if she got the chance.

Finnishing her Lembas she turned around, to again watch the dancers, but they were nowhere to be seen.Suddenly she heard Aeafangwen's voice shouting for Gandalf then she saw the elf fall to the ground, she gasped, drained her glass and rushed over to where the elf had fallen.

She realised right away that Arafangwen had fainted from pure exhaustion. She looked around for someone to help her move the elf maiden to somewhere more comfortable than the dusty cold floor. She saw Findorfin searching for something at the buffet tables, he seems to have found what he was looking for (a large pot). Nerindel looked puzzled for a minute until he gave the to pot to an unusual man covered in saucepans, she shook her head remembering Arafangwen lying on the floor. She waved her hands wildly trying to catch their attention, she blushes I hope they realise that I need some assistance and that I'm not just some mad Elf.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 05-02-2003, 06:41 AM   #351
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

The Saucepan Man excitedly thanked Fin for having located the Feastpot, although the tall, dark Elf was still not at all sure what all the fuss had been about.

"You have most probably averted a terrible tragedy," Saucepan explained. "Just imagine what might have happened had it found its way into the wrong hands! Why, we might have found ourselves drowning in a river of mushroom soup or smothered by an enormous alecake. I am indeed indebted to you, Sir Elf." Fin looked doubtful, but smiled all the same.

The Saucepan Man glanced over to where Fin had found the Pot. "Hmm. A Hobbit", he thought to himself. "How lucky she didn't have the magic word!"

Having thanked Fin once again and taken his leave (and having not noticed Nerindel waving at them), Saucepan clattered over to Mithadan who, after a brief explanation, agreed to store the Pot in a secured area backstage while the note on which the magic word was written was still missing. This having been accomplished, Saucepan was content that any further search could wait. For now, he needed to catch up on some sleep.

He saw Diamond engrossed in a book. He reflected on how her necklace of eighteen dazzling diamonds had kept his mirrorball on the verge of overload since she had arrived. She was sitting on a sofa next to a snoozing Heren-Istarion. Waving cheerily to Diamond, and making a mental note to catch up with her later, he chose a vacant sofa nearby as his erstwhile bed and was soon snoring away ...

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]
Old 05-02-2003, 07:19 AM   #352
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Ther doors creak open as Trippo renters. He notices that most of the party members had left for the night or were still asleep. Trippo almost tripped over a sleeping warg. He spied The Sauce Pan Man, and Fin off in the distance, and began walking over to them.

"Greetings friends. I am glad to see that your feast pot is back in your posession. It was difficult to sleep in peace, knowing that it was not in your possesion." He said to them.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:24 AM   #353
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As Fin was about to reply, he noticed a frantic waving coming from his left. He looked up and found a beautiful maiden waving at him, "irresistable," he reminded himself, but then saw the other maiden lying on the floor.
"A damsen in distress," he cried and at once rushed over.

"Could you help me?" Nerindel asked, frantic.
"Of course," Fin answered confidently and scooped Arafangwen up in his arms. He carried her to one of the free sofas (there weren't many left) and laid her down, making sure her head was propped up comfortably and safely.

"Thank you," Nerindel sighed, relaxing.
"My pleasure," Fin replied, "would you like a drink? And you Trippo?"
Old 05-02-2003, 07:30 AM   #354
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

"No thank you Fin. I want to stay as sober as possible anyway its not even 10:00 yet. How can you be drinking this early?" Says Trippo, as he begins to turn and see the other side of the party.

He gets to the buffet line and picks some food, and one of those delightful balrog wings he had heard so much about. Trippo heads over to the mods table and sits down and wonders. "When will the barrow-wight make his huge entrance?"

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Trippo The Hippo ]
Old 05-02-2003, 07:35 AM   #355
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Ah," Fin begins, "in my land the times are different (although Mirkwood/Gondor would be roughly similar) and I have had much experience at parties. If you sip little and often, you will be fine. In fact, the next party I arrange, you are both invited, agreed?"

Not waiting for an answer, he turned to the bar and got a glass of white wine.

"Trippo, we are in for a long ride here. I can handle my drink, but there are some who can't." He pointed to his three escorts who were lying, asleep on there table.
"Beautiful aren't they," he observed.
"Wonderful," Trippo replied. The Hippo then wandered of toward the Mods and Fin was left with Nerindel.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: the real findorfin ]
Old 05-02-2003, 07:48 AM   #356
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Sam stood up when he saw what Frodo was doing.

"Eh, sir...."

Stacey got up and went over to the two. "Excuse me, Mr. Baggins." she said, picking Primrose up and motioning Frodo back to the table.

Beside Sam, Tennyson shook his head and sighed.

Stacey looked across the room to see Angara. She grinned, remembering everything that had happened with that dragon last year...
I hope Sam dosen't get depressed and that there's no oddball potions around here..... she thought.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-02-2003, 07:55 AM   #357
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sillabub woke up lying underneath the table where the CD player had been rigged. She couldn't tell if it was morning or night, there weren't any windows. The laptop switched the song to 'Memory' and she chuckled to herself. Crawling out from under the table Sillabub left to go find Antien.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:59 AM   #358
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As Alasse Followed Nuru through the crowd, She saw a beam of light come through the window. It was finally morning!The second day and her brother Stryker Stormeye still hadn't shown up. Where on middle-earth could he be?

She nearly tripped over some one sprawled on the ground. Good thing eleves didn't need that much sleep or she would probably be among the many sleepers.

"So where is this friend of yours Nuru?" She asked.
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Old 05-02-2003, 08:07 AM   #359
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Sophia raised her head from the table. "Where the hell?" she thought, rubbing her eyes with the heels of her hands. The first thing she saw was the inebriated form of the Squatter draped gracefully over a chair close to the bar. Recognition dawned on her suddenly. The Party!

She glanced around the room looking for anyone she knew, but them seemed to have gone all of a sudden. Fin must be here at least, she thought. And as she thought it, she caught the now dull gleam on the far side of the room. Aha! she thought, The Saucepan Man....

Wandering over to him she suddenly saw Fin, under a table fighting a Hobbit lady for a stewpot. Sophia rubbed her eyes harder. It was very odd for Fin to approach a hobbit lady.

Sophia must have been sleepier than she thought, however, because by the time she reached the corner Fin had emerged victoriously with the pot and the Saucepan Man had vanished somewhere, frantically shaking his kettles out. Fin retired to a corner with a young elven girl, and Sophia took a second glance around her. He was most certainly not necessary to her good time. She glanced around again. Unfortunately, someone was, and the list of people she knew who were still conscious was growing thin.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-02-2003, 08:07 AM   #360
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

The tall dark handsome Elf came to her aid, scooping up Arafangwen he carried her to a near by sofa and gently laid her down. Nerindel sighed and smiled her thanks,Findorfin then asked her if she would like a drink?

She suddenly realised she was blushing,she quickly lowers her head thinking 'what I'm I doing I am not some young Elf maiden that blushes at the mere sight of a handsome young Elf, I am Nerindel Nimsûl protector of Lothlórien!!!'.She raised her head smiling confidently "I'll have a white wine thank you.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]