User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2004, 04:32 PM   #41
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rock on! I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

Sorry, just kidding. Hey, just wondering. When this thing actually starts.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:35 PM   #42
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Crystal and others

This is just the list of those who have submitted bios and posts for Everdawn to consider.

Everyone still needs to wait until she's made her choices.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-27-2004, 08:19 PM   #43
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

So we only have to wait for Everdawn?

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ...... ..... .....

I can't wait to start - that is, if I get chosen.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:18 PM   #44
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eladain Moruviel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The suspense is killing me!

By the way Everdawn, if you're waiting for Miaka to post, I talked to her yesterday, and she said that she wouldn't be joining us.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:31 PM   #45
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Ya, as you guys were saying, I can't wait to find out if I'm accepted, I like my guard alot!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:22 PM   #46
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

REally? I like the 45 year old guard best, but as I'm also applying for a guard, I can't admit it or I might get rejected!

I like Ferethor too, but he broods too much, not my happy-go-lucky style. Even though he's my opwn character.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:25 AM January 28, 2004: Message edited by: Eorl of Rohan ]
Old 01-28-2004, 12:44 AM   #47
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Eladain: Thats a pitty! Oh well.

OK guys, i know it's been like ive been driving a hot knife into your sides about this waiting, but im almost decided and The final list will be up in a while, i just need to chat with Pio on something...

But, you know, some wont get places ok, and i feel really bad about it. (Which is why ive been taking my time) All in all, it's about the characters which fit the story best, and i really love it that you guys chose this game worthy of your writing talent.

Thankyou
-Everdawn

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-28-2004, 01:29 AM   #48
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

This is the seventeenth time I checked this post today. I already wrote the second adn the third and the fourth chapter ^_^ WE call this rash attitude, in Korean proverb, "Starving for a week in anticipation for a feast, when it may be that you aren't even invited". A funny proverb.

But never mind - writing is it's own reward.

PS. twenty-second time.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:26 AM January 28, 2004: Message edited by: Eorl of Rohan ]
Old 01-28-2004, 03:32 AM   #49
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Here we go, believe me this was no easy task to pick. To those of you who missed out, please dont feel too bad! As ive said, it's nothing to do with your writing abilities, it's what i feel fits the story best. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Quote:
Amanaduial
Melisil
Eorl of Rohan
Thengal
Eladain Moruviel
Hama of the Riddermark
Crystal Heart
Have fun, and thankyou all for posting bio's i really appreciate it!

-Everdawn

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-28-2004, 04:05 AM   #50
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

White-Hand

Final Character List

1.) Thengal – Carathir – anti-Gondor/Spy

2.) Eorl of Rohan – Ferethor Amandil - Guard

3.) Melisil – Aelimur - Guard

4.) Amanaduial – Atharen - Ranger

5.) Crystal Heart – Crystal Heart - Traveler

6.) Hama of the Riddermark – Roryn – Traveler

7.) Eladain Moruviel – Delphinous (Del) – Traveler

The First Posts are on the Game. I will open the game when Everdawn gives the word.

Have fun!

~*~ Pio
Old 01-28-2004, 06:54 AM   #51
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is my first RP game and I'm so excited. Checked first thing in the morning and I'm already having the BEST day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:11 AM   #52
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You too?

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 08:53 AM   #53
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Sting

Well, that's fine. I'll save my character for whenever else I can find a use for him. If any cameos or something of that sort are needed, just call (in PM form, that is)
By the way, how often do new RPG's pop up around here?

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 01-28-2004, 11:35 AM   #54
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

W00t!!! I can't wait to get started!
Now to o re-read the bios of those excepted.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #55
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Kransha- Games come pu ever so often, you usually dont have to wait very long for one to start becuase a few are always close to finishing.

Ok guys, When Game opens, in going to have Maén get to an Inn around where she is, what you guys could do is set your character's affairs in order so that they might get to the inn in your next two or so posts. Of course Thegal's character wont need to becuase he is already at Lysia's house which is where Maén will take the party to get organised, and checked out by Lysia. An Aman wont have to worry about running into Maén, it's already done.

Sound Good?
-Everdawn

Sound Good?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-28-2004, 02:42 PM   #56
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Which inn?

Roryn should be coming in for ad rink after a couple of posts...
Old 01-28-2004, 02:58 PM   #57
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

OK ill specify that when i post when the thread opens.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-28-2004, 03:06 PM   #58
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I’d like to try for the spy position. oh, I just realized that I'm too late, rats, but I'd like to post anyways, just to entertain you guys.

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? –NO - Which one? N/A

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? none

List them, please: um, None, I said that already

Please note you may play in only 3 games at one time. Ok, sure thing

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES– Which one? The Green Dragon

For your character please include:

NAME: Aramir

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: Has a Gondorian make longsword, as to fit in. He also has a dark knife, that he does not pull out often, as with close inspection, it would reveal to be Mordor make.

APPEARANCE: Tall, dark, and handsome, (literally) he tries to maintain a clean cut, ‘good-guy’ appearance, as to not be mistaken for his true self.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Maintains the image of a good guy, through and through. Has a personality that seems to attract most people to him. He is witty and charming… on the outside. Inside, he has a heart for evil, and he uses his people skills to twist people so that he can use them for his own gain.

HISTORY: Born to a Gondor man and a woman from the tribes of the wild men. The children of Gondor, because of his mixed blood never accepted Aramir as a kid. When a band of wild men attacked a Gondorian infantry patrol, his father was killed, as he was suspected to be plotting to take Gondor, with the family of his wife. His mother took him into the hills, where Aramir was taught by his mother’s brother to hate Gondorians, and, as they killed his father, he believed it right away. When he became an adult, he was sent into Minas Tirith, to spy, as he looked most like one of them, once he was cleaned up. Aramir stayed there, gathering intel, and boosting his social status with his newly found people skills. But, when his uncle, and all the wild men he felt loyal to, died, at Helms Deep, he didn’t know what to do, so he kept up his image, by even fighting with Gondor at the Pelennor Fields. He went with Aragorn’s army to the black gates, in hopes to join Sauron’s army, the strongest force against Gondor. When they fell, however, Aramir slunk back to Minas Tirith, always looking for an organized force against Gondor.

Aramir’s first post.

Aramir strode down the streets in his high boots, and well made clothes. Many people that knew him well, were waving, and saying ‘hello,’ as he walked, but he wasn’t paying any attention to them right now. He couldn’t care less about who they thought he was, he was not the nice, outgoing lord, that everyone thought. He had played them all too well, over the last ten 15 years, so well, that he had grown quite wealthy from it. But right now, he was his true self, he had heard that there was a group being gathered to go after some Guriel Il Galoth. Apparently he was a traitor to Gondor, and had killed many Gondorians in the war of the ring. Perfect, Aramir thought, if this Il Galoth is still around, and organized, it could well be my ticket out of this swelling mess of Gondor scum. I’ve been here so long that I feel as if they’re attaching themselves to me, like a mold, or a virus that is taking me over, I cannot stand this much longer!

The only person Aramir was paying attention to right now was the peasant boy who was leading him to a source of information on this Il Galoth quest. The boy turned down one last road, and went to a small tavern, and pointed to a table, where a scruffy looking man sat. “Thank you boy,” he said, and he dropped a silver coin into the boys hand, as promised. He walked over to the table, and sat down across from the man.

“What can you tell me of this Il Galoth quest?” Aramir asked, caring not for small talk at the present. “I don’t know nothing about no Galoth, or no quests, ” the man said. Aramir slid three gold coins across the table to the man. “Oh, yes, I know of that quest now!” said the man, his memory quickly returning. “Well, there’s a widow Il Galoth, trying to get some men together to find this Guriel fellow, who’s apparently a traitor to Gondor,” said the man. “Is this widow leading the quest?” asked Aramir, surprised that a woman was leading a journey like this. “No, no, she’s funding it for a relative of hers,” came the reply. Aramir relaxed, Good, it’s not being led by a woman. “Her neice, I believe,” the man said as an afterthought. Then again, it is. Aramir thought about it for a second, but then realized that he would not get another chance like this for maybe another 15 years.

He made up his mind, “Send word to this widow, that the lord Aramir, will join the quest, to rid the world of this traitor.” The man looked down at the three coins and toyed with them a bit. Aramir slid two more gold coins across the table. The man suddenly gained some energy, “Of course sir, I will get right on it!” The man got up, and left the tavern, walking quickly. Aramir slowly got up, and started walking back to his villa. He was back in his ‘regular’ mood, he nodded, and said a cheery ‘hello’ to those along the road that he recognized. He strode away down the streets in his high boots, and well made clothes.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:55 PM   #59
Thengal
Haunting Spirit

Thengal has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sound's good. Should I just not do anything till the party come's to Lysia's house?
Old 01-28-2004, 03:57 PM   #60
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

That's a beautiful profile, SonofBombadil, even if it might not be used this time [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 05:43 PM   #61
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

thanks Aman, I wish I had gotten it in earlier, oh well, I'll try and use it somewhere else maybe. I just thought i'd post anyways

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:44 PM January 28, 2004: Message edited by: SonOfBombadil ]
Old 01-28-2004, 07:10 PM   #62
Melisil
Wight

Pipe

I guess I'll start working on my next post for when we're able to post then.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:12 PM   #63
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hurray! I got picked!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #64
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

So... All that's left to do for now is to bring Ferethor to the specified inn in two post's time? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 10:41 PM   #65
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please remember to use this discussion thread for game matters only - take any personal matters to PM.

~*~ Pio

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:03 PM January 29, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-29-2004, 12:15 AM   #66
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

OK, Maén is going to rally everyone in an Inn which will appear in my post and from there she has to bring them all back to Lysia so that Lysia can lay some ground rules and they set out form there.

EDIT: Ive had a better idea. Maén will meet everyone in Minas Tirith, and Carathir will be sent by Lysia after Maén has left to mett her at the Inn with instruction.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:37 AM January 29, 2004: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #67
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

White-Hand

For all the new gamers, let me clarify the Shire's view on using 'SAVE' in an RPG, from The Red Book of Westmarch:

Reasons for 'SAVES' in RPG's:

Often, writers, because of work schedules, or time zone differences cannot post when the majority of the other players are on. In order to keep the game rolling along, they will post a 'SAVE' when they note a part of the game they need to respond to. They can then make their posts when their schedules are free to do so.

Uses:

To provide an opportunity for the writer have a space where he/she can insert a post so that it will follow logically in the storyline.

Rules:

Keep the 'SAVE' option to a minimum. Don't use it for a crutch, thinking you will get back to the post later - this usually doesn't happen.

** 'SAVE's should be gone back to and posted on within a 24 hour time period.(& preferably less time than this) **

'SAVE's should contain a brief, even one sentence description of what the poster intends to post about.

Other writers are free to post after a 'SAVE' has been put on a space. It is the responsibility of the writer who has posted the 'SAVE' to work within the posts before and after it.

If you decide you are not going to use a 'SAVE', then it is your responsibility to DELETE it from the game.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:50 PM   #68
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Im really pleased with the way the game is going guys.

Just a few things in your last post Eorl, Miradir went a little "crazy" (for want of a better word) becuase it was his cousin who had betrayed them in Northern Ithilien, (family betrayl and Kinslaying is not a nice thing!) Caradhras is a long way from Gondor to be fighting something in the war of the ring.

Other than that, keep it up guys! In my next post Maén will give details of her little expedition.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-31-2004, 05:00 PM   #69
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

To give you an idea of what the first part of out Adventure is going i have the first part of the plan here.

Quote:
** Maén is curious about Guriel, &lt;&lt;DONE
**Writes to king’s people asking for info on Guriel.&lt;DONE
** Info denied &lt;DONE
**Runs from home with all info she has collected form her father’s study at hand at hand.. &lt;DONE
**Goes to aunt&lt;DONE
** Aunt warrants her search and gives her maps etc.&lt;DONE
** Maén forms a party with the promise of gold upon her safe return. &lt;WE ARE HERE
** They raid the Minas Tirith archives for info on Guriel asks secretary.
** &gt;&gt;&gt; Find one letter saying that the last place he was living in Ithilien, confirming Aunt Lysia’s suspicions..
** Travel to OSGILIATH
Dont worry there are some surprises in store, which means you will have to react quickly... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:02 PM January 31, 2004: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-31-2004, 06:25 PM   #70
Melisil
Wight

Pipe

Ooh! Sounds fun! I can't wait!
Old 01-31-2004, 07:56 PM   #71
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Ands thats only really part one. There is waymore to come but im keeping it a surprise until the time comes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-31-2004, 09:28 PM   #72
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

And then of course there's the whole bloody part of finding him/capturing him!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:57 PM   #73
Melisil
Wight

Pipe

lol, yes, there is that litle obsticle.. or.. it could be the funnest part!!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

EDIT: oh yes.. and on another note: the ball went excel... oops.. I mean, someone else please post on the acual game, I was last post, so I can't post again, but I'm sure it's been more then a day. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:12 AM February 01, 2004: Message edited by: Melisil ]
Old 02-01-2004, 12:00 AM   #74
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I have a post, it's sort of a flashback leading up to how Delphinous got to Minas Tirith. Hopefully it'll be up by tonight.

P.S. it's "most fun", not "funnest"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:01 AM February 01, 2004: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 02-01-2004, 12:31 AM   #75
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

IM working on a post now, so it should be up in a few hours, basically becuase im doing research for my formal dress at the same time, i get preocupied... IM on track now though!&gt; now that i have my shoes that is!

Eladain: Are you going to meet up with us on the road? Or would you like to come ot the inn as well? EDIT: OK i just read you last post... ignore me, im blonde.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thengel: You can come from Lysia's now if you like!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:03 AM February 01, 2004: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-01-2004, 12:35 AM   #76
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I'm already at the Inn, in my post you told me to come with you and the others so that you could explane to us what was going on.

[QUOTE]After what seemed like an eternity, a redheaded lass walked over to him and motioned for him to follow her. He stood up and stretched nonchalantly, and started to follow. “So tell me lass” he said as they walked,“you must be Maen?”[QUOTE]

My last post was a flashback kind of telling more about how Del found out about Maen.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:41 AM February 01, 2004: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]
Old 02-01-2004, 01:19 AM   #77
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

I see how i got confused, i thought you were then meeting with Crystal, becuase Maén has Bright blonde hair. Not to worry, is that everyone there?.. Yes, ok still writing post..

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-01-2004, 01:52 AM   #78
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

ah, sorry. I'll go change that.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:15 AM   #79
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Changed my poast so it read "barren land" instead of Cahadras the cruel, geography has never been my strong point.

So, is it OK then?
Old 02-01-2004, 04:54 AM   #80
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Fantastic!

~My lord, Éomer~