Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #161
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Tara - I wasn't sure if Sorn would let Scyld happen to see Linduial's things or not - I don't know if it matters, but if you think he wouldn't, I can take that out... I saw that you said you were going to put that in your next post, though, so I figured that's what Sorn would be doing...
Old 05-29-2006, 06:55 PM   #162
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm sitting here waiting for Hama to make Haleth take over the search. Or does somebody think I could do something else? Taking suggestions and content to wait.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #163
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
I just peeked at your post, and that's fine with me Fire .

I'm posting a reply now. I'm using this small opportunity to get Sorn talking to Linduial. Hope it makes sense

- Tara
Old 05-30-2006, 08:07 PM   #164
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Where is Hama, by the way? He seems to have a lack of presence here. Our search party isn't getting very far, and at the rate we're going, Lin will be quite unreckonizable, having lain in a dark, dirty prison for so long.

-- Folwren
Old 05-31-2006, 05:33 AM   #165
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I have noticed (or rather, not noticed) Hama as well. I'll PM him and see what's up.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #166
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Hama will no longer be taking part in Abduction in Edoras. I have invited someone to play Haleth, but meanwhile, please carry him along. Also, anyone who would be willing to play Haleth, please send me a PM. Hopefully this will allow us to really get moving within the next couple of days, and at least by the end of the weekend.

I have been reviewing my proposal, and I think the span of 3 weeks is a bit much, considering the actual travel times to each area. So don't take that schedule as set in stone...

What ideas do people have about finding Torim?

Or about anything?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #167
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
What ideas do people have about finding Torim?

Or about anything?
The only reasonable facsimile of an idea I have about creating any leads that the rescue party can follow, is for this little thing about the two people (I can't remember who they are I'm so out of touch) who are going to spy on the Mead Hall; that someone gets suspicious and either follows them back to Sorn, or alerts the rescue party, or both. Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #168
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Torim could hear word about the search party and come and tell them what he saw. Will word be traveling? Or we are going to be trying to work in secret? But what good will it do if they work in secret? We can at least ask the common folk if they've seen any suspicious happenings. And if we do, then Torim might here. However, he may be afraid to tell, for fear of being caught by Sorn and his men. In which case, we could have an interesting part where he comes up hooded and cloaked in the middle of the night to the search parties camp and tells them what he saw. Whether or not he tells them who he is can be decided when we write it, and in what sort of mood all the characters are in.

Elempi's idea was good, though. It's not too unlikely that eventually someone gets suspicious about Alcarillo's two characters. Thornden wouldn't have been idle if I had had to play him staying at the Hall.

So, there's my two cents.

-- Folwren
Old 06-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #169
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
But what good will it do if they work in secret? We can at least ask the common folk if they've seen any suspicious happenings.
Agreed. I think they have to ask around or they won't get very far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Elempi's idea was good, though. It's not too unlikely that eventually someone gets suspicious about Alcarillo's two characters.
And you can bet that if they pick on my poor little squirrel of a child at the Hall, she'll tell someone. Two strangers asking a 5 year old about Linduial? That's bound to raise suspicion.

I think a combination of word traveling about the search party and word that the troubles aren't over (since the suspicious types are now going back to the Hall and that could make news as well) might help encourage Torim to say something.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #170
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
And you can bet that if they pick on my poor little squirrel of a child at the Hall, she'll tell someone. Two strangers asking a 5 year old about Linduial? That's bound to raise suspicion.
Now now, Osfrid will be more subtle than to ask about Linduial directly!

It'll definitely be Muriel, I think, who'll bring about the suspicion. She might get her disguise confused, or call Osfrid by his real name instead of the false one he'll use, or make any number of careless mistakes. And Osfrid will have to tell additional stories to cover up Muriel's errors. Imagine Osfrid's desperation at having to fabricate a new story every time Muriel opens her mouth!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:40 AM   #171
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Hi all! Sorry I've missed the past couple of entries.

I think lmp's idea is spot on. Though, it really is up to you, Alc . It does seem like a very likely thing that Muriel would 'slip up', and the word would get around.

I'll try to make another post for Sorn this weekend. With my work ending late, I'll have minimal writing time during the week. But I'm still reading up! :3

Jenny , depending on Lin's reply, Sorn can come down. He does have some experience in tending to wounds (taught by his father), but his...'cell-side manner' might be a bit lacking *giggles* Nothing violent, of course. Just a little intimidating.

- Tara

Last edited by Taralphiel; 06-02-2006 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:29 AM   #172
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

If Sorn comes down, Lin better not have that wine-spiked water lying around...

Last edited by Firefoot; 06-06-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:40 AM   #173
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I wish to announce that our dear Firefoot shall be taking on the role of Haleth. Hopefully she'll be able to post later today, and we can get this moving!

Pio, can you update the character forms to reflect this change?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #174
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A most excellent choice, Jenny.

Incidentally, does anyone want to get involved with Gurth? He's currently wandering about outside, but maybe he could come in to entertain his Lord further...
Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #175
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

~*~ UPDATED WRITER/CHARACTER LIST ~*~

JennyHallu
  • 1.) Linduial of Dol Amroth (aka: Lin)
  • 2.) Marenil of Dol Amroth
  • 3.) Lord Farlen of Dol Amroth
  • 4.) Queen Lothiriel of Rohan
~*~

The Kidnapper:
  • Taralphiel - Sorn
The Jailor:
  • Firefoot - Scyld
Minions:
  • 1.)Anguirel - Gurth
  • 2.)Alcarillo
    • Osfrid
    • Muriel
~*~

Commander of the Queen’s Guard
  • Firefoot - Haleth Reidrbrand
King’s/Queen’s Men:
  • Folwren - Deren
~*~

Writers/Characters from the Eorling Mead Hall thread at present.
  • 1.)Folwren - Thornden son of Thrinlite
  • 2.)littlemanpoet - Eodwyne of the Mark
  • 3.)Celuien
    • Garstan
    • Lèoðern
    • Garmund
  • 4.) Feanor of the Peredhil
    • Degas of the Folde
    • Farahil son of Farlen
    • Adrigil son of Farlen
Old 06-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #176
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'd planned to have my first Degas post up in the very near future; now it won't be. Sorry that I'm so close to invisible but it's unavoidable.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #177
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I have a post up for Haleth... tell me what you think. I hadn't been following the Good Guy's plans as closely as I might have, so if you think something ought to be changed, say so... hopefully this will get something going on that end, though, at least until Osfrid and Muriel turn up (for the life of me, I can't find the post that listed how far away Sorn's land is from Edoras, so I'm not sure when exactly that would be).

And in case there's any question, Sorn's name would presumably turn up on Haleth's list, although it presumably won't help the rescuers much just yet... I imagine it might be a bit uncomfortable to show up on random nobles' porches with armed men...
Old 06-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #178
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

YAY! Let me go read it!! I'm happy to hear it. Now we can get started and do something.

-- Folwren
Old 06-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #179
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Yay! Direction and leadership! Very nice, Firefoot.

Fea, you knew you'd be busy, that's why you're a cameo...don't worry about it, get to it when you have time, da sooner da better

Now...as for questions:

Sorn's Estate to Edoras is a full day's walk, and about 7-8 hours' ride. (Notice Lin was kidnapped in mid-morning, and it was evening/suppertime when they arrived at the estate.) I'm not entirely sure in what direction it lies, and shall leave exact location up to Tara...what do you think? More in the direction of the mountains, or rolling pastures?

Torim (our man with legitimate knowledge) is already in Edoras (arrived last night), so he will not be caught by the guards at the gate. Unfortunately, the truth of the kidnapping was not discovered early enough to prevent Sorn's escape from Edoras. I wonder if the promise of handsome reward might not entice some other, less honest individuals to come forward with "information"?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #180
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Torim (our man with legitimate knowledge) is already in Edoras (arrived last night), so he will not be caught by the guards at the gate.
Which is why I also sent men into the city itself. The people at the gate were more for the sake of Osfrid and Muriel...
Quote:
I wonder if the promise of handsome reward might not entice some other, less honest individuals to come forward with "information"?
Haha, I like it.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #181
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Hmmm. I sense a role in sticking to the less than honest individuals like glue and crushing their skulls. Grunt.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #182
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Great post, Firefoot! Are you Haleth now? Good ideas, with that list. I wouldn't have thought of that, much less putting guards at the gates!

So.... do we want to have Sorn on that list, or is that too easy? At any rate, what other names do we want on the list? Any suggestions?
Old 06-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #183
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I don't know if it's a good idea to go interviewing those on the list with no evidence to go on...too much of a risk of antagonizing someone who has no real ill-will towards anyone. I think Firefoot said much the same thing. How can we manage using the list without violating an "innocent until proven guilty" principle?

I should think that it would only mean that evidence given could be compared against such a shortlist.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #184
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

And Deren is a Guard of Meduseld, not one of Eodwine's men...I don't know if he's a resident of the Middle Emnet or not, but he is certainly not under Eodwine's command, but directly under Haleth's, as Eodwine is.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #185
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I have a suggestion. Any chance of my pal Cuichelm being on the list?

I'd play him happily. I've got rather fond of the complacent young blood of a noble...
Old 06-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #186
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've deleted my post. What would you like Eodwine to say? Is Haleth's comment directed toward Eodwine specifically, or to anybody within earshot?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #187
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
I don't know if it's a good idea to go interviewing those on the list with no evidence to go on...too much of a risk of antagonizing someone who has no real ill-will towards anyone. I think Firefoot said much the same thing. How can we manage using the list without violating an "innocent until proven guilty" principle?

I should think that it would only mean that evidence given could be compared against such a shortlist.
That was my thought... the characters go with a "what do we know about these people/is anyone in the city saying anything about them etc.?" Just showing up at houses would be a bad idea.

Quote:
I have a suggestion. Any chance of my pal Cuichelm being on the list?

I'd play him happily. I've got rather fond of the complacent young blood of a noble...
Er... who's Cuichelm?
Quote:
I've deleted my post. What would you like Eodwine to say? Is Haleth's comment directed toward Eodwine specifically, or to anybody within earshot?
It's mostly directed at Eodwine, but if Thornden or someone is standing nearby, feel free to comment. I didn't have any response for Eodwine in mind... I didn't see your post before you deleted it so I don't know what you had in mind...
Old 06-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #188
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Cuichelm's the noble who had Manawyth arrested...
Old 06-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #189
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up. Sure he can be on the list... but if we're not just interviewing all the people on the list, I'm not sure how he'd turn up in the story... ideas?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #190
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

What if, instead of interviewing everybody, the searchers ask discreet questions of connected persons? Cuichelm could get wind of the quiet investigation and come huffily to protest. Could be interesting...

Please don't take my ideas as dictation...this is discussion. Just, let's discuss before taking unilateral action.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #191
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Well, I'm frustrated. I can't apparently do much right by you, Jenny. Therefore I'm going to let you guys discuss, and tell me what you want Eodwine to do. All see ya all around.

Hmmm.... maybe it would be best if Eodwine gets knocked out and goes into a coma for the next three weeks.....
Old 06-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #192
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Hmmm.... maybe it would be best if Eodwine gets knocked out and goes into a coma for the next three weeks.....
I like idea that even less than suicidal innocent LMP self-votes in Werewolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
Sorn's Estate to Edoras is a full day's walk, and about 7-8 hours' ride. (Notice Lin was kidnapped in mid-morning, and it was evening/suppertime when they arrived at the estate.) I'm not entirely sure in what direction it lies, and shall leave exact location up to Tara...what do you think? More in the direction of the mountains, or rolling pastures?
Garstan's been thinking about that time frame, though I forget where I posted his reasoning about Lin's not being too far away.

Quote:
Along the same lines as above, we could apply geography if the list includes people who are too far from Edoras to be likely candidates. Also, I like the careful questioning of connected people idea. Or even coming up with ways to cleverly investigate the people on the list in person without actually confronting them. Spies can work for both sides.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #193
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Well, I'm frustrated. I can't apparently do much right by you, Jenny. Therefore I'm going to let you guys discuss, and tell me what you want Eodwine to do. All see ya all around.

Stop it! Let's not have disagreements on this thread, too!

Remember, the people in the search party will need to have just as much discussion between themselves as we are having amongst ourselves. Tempers may be short in the game, but it would be nice if they weren't here.

Let's start with Haleth's thoughts - sending people to the gates and word throughout the city. We should start writing posts on that, and if no one else steps up to do it, I can.

Afterwards, when we hear a bit, if we can not go straight up to the suspected person and ask questions (Jenny and others think that would be a bad idea and stir up strife unnecessarily)(and I agree with that), why not do a bit of spying? If we can't get information any other way from suspected people, we could.

And as for Deren not being under Eodwine. . .well, when Hama was playing Haleth and not writing hardly at all, Elempi was kind enough to put my character under a commander who would actually have a player. I did not get a chance to read Elempi's post before he removed it. Thornden is there, and he's under Eodwine, if you need a subordinate.

Does this help? Maybe?

-- Folwren
Old 06-07-2006, 03:33 AM   #194
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Sounds fine by me. I'm just going with the flow. Take it away Folwren.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:17 AM   #195
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Sounds fine by me. I'm just going with the flow. Take it away Folwren.
Oh, well. . .um. . .it turns out that in order to really make it go nicely, Eodwine has to say something, because Haleth just asked him if he had any suggestions. I didn't realize that until I just went back and re-read it. I can not really nicely continue it.

I'm sorry, lmp, if you have any hard feelings over anything and therefore don't want to write. Really I am. But please won't you let it go and put a post up? If you don't want to make it long or intricate, then just write a short one that will allow me to write something wherein we get started.

-- Folwren
Old 06-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #196
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

All that stuff's in the past, Folwren. Onward!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #197
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, I see you're on now, and I thought I'd better hurry up and explain something.

When I wrote my post earlier, my computer was scarcely working for me. I was about to write a post here and before I could finish it and get it posted, the computer shut down on me, so I was left with the post on the game put up but the post here on the discussion thread not put up.

What I have to say is this - I went ahead and took Dorran away with the other people going to gate without asking your leave first. I thought that it would be fun to have a player down there at the gate since most of us are going to be in the main group. If you do not want Doran to leave without Eodwine's permission then I'll edit.

Gotta go. HAve got work to do.

-- Folwren
Old 06-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #198
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

by Doran do you mean Deren, Folwren?

Last edited by JennyHallu; 06-08-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #199
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, I mean Deren. I'm getting Tevildo's character's name mixed up with mine. I've done it a lot this game. And you're apparently getting my name mixed up with Firefoots.

Deren is who I mean. Did I put Dorran into the game thread? I'll go check to make sure.

-- Folwren
Old 06-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #200
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Getting your name mixed up? Whatever are you talking about?