The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #41
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
You are cannon fodder. Not deliberately, but you usually end up dying for whatever reason; maybe it's even tradition. You're useful while you're around, but after you're gone, people don't miss you that much. You're not a loud mouth, but you might be accused of trying to slip under the radar. As a wolf, you do best to avoid most attention by being mostly uncontroversial. But you might be sacrificed by your fellow wolves to make them look better.
Very accurate. And yes, I always die, but sometimes can die at opertune moments (saving the seer because the wolves were confused about what ti think about me? that was lucky)
Old 06-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #42
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Thumbs up

Nice quiz

I have never been a giftet so I just chose randomly at that on, but I still ended up as Canon Fodder and it is only to true.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #43
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
You are a ghost. You don't post or contribute much; people are never really sure what to think of you. Eventually you just die quietly, whether because the villagers just don't know what to do with you or the wolves have decided no one else is worth killing. As a wolf, you're mostly useless.
I'll have you know that I survived twice as a wolf to the final day!
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #44
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
You are cannon fodder. Not deliberately, but you usually end up dying for whatever reason; maybe it's even tradition.

Why you've found my secret virtue! Thesis papers. Besides, I enjoy a good secret now and again. I try, but life just won't let me play sometimes.

~ Aesthete
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:41 PM   #45
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Silmaril

Quote:
You are the brains behind the operation. You're smart and astute; the village is definitely better off having you around. Unfortunately, oftentimes your brains make you look evil, and you are lynched; otherwise, you're too much of a threat and the wolves kill you. You rarely last to the end. You would probably make an extremely good wolf if you can get the right people on your side and avoid a seer dream.

I'm the guy everyone kills
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:34 PM   #46
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Oh, look, this has "Zali" written all over it...*points to sig*

Quote:
You are cannon fodder. Not deliberately, but you usually end up dying for whatever reason; maybe it's even tradition. You're useful while you're around, but after you're gone, people don't miss you that much. You're not a loud mouth, but you might be accused of trying to slip under the radar. As a wolf, you do best to avoid most attention by being mostly uncontroversial. But you might be sacrificed by your fellow wolves to make them look better.
Oh well, at least I'm not alone in this unfortunate position.

Though I must confess, my favorite role is actually Ranger, thanks to the game I participated in before Dueling Wizards. Frustrating, but fun...and I still turned out to be cannon fodder in that game. It's a unique sort of curse.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #47
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
It's a unique sort of curse.
Especially the Ranger role
Old 07-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #48
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You are a liability. No matter how helpful you try to be, you usually end up with the wrong conclusions and help the other team more than your own. You're the unwilling, unknowing cobbler. But you are potentially very dangerous as a wolf.

Truly a surprise. Can't wait to see if the last statement is true...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #49
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
I am a ghost.

Quote:
You are a ghost. You don't post or contribute much; people are never really sure what to think of you. Eventually you just die quietly, whether because the villagers just don't know what to do with you or the wolves have decided no one else is worth killing. As a wolf, you're mostly useless.
Well, not entirely helpless, but useless maybe. All of that is true up to the point of that last sttement, which I most certainly am not.
________

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-04-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:26 PM   #50
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
You are a liability. No matter how helpful you try to be, you usually end up with the wrong conclusions and help the other team more than your own. You're the unwilling, unknowing cobbler. But you are potentially very dangerous as a wolf.

Yeah, that's about right.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #51
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I can't believe I never did this....

Quote:
Right there with you, Rikae
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #52
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I deffinitely wouldn't say that the quiet wolf it useless...

Well, I'm cannon fodder. Not that I want to be such...
Old 05-04-2007, 06:05 AM   #53
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
Nice quiz

I have never been a giftet so I just chose randomly at that on, but I still ended up as Canon Fodder and it is only to true.
When I wrote this I had already played quite a few ww games, now a year almost have passed and I still have not been a gifted.

I think it is sad.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #54
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
I deffinitely wouldn't say that the quiet wolf it useless...
Hardly. In fact in my first WW game the wolves just barely squeaked out a victory - and all three of them were "quite wolves." (Holby, Oddwen, & Azaila if I'm not mistaken)

Quote:
You are the brains behind the operation. You're smart and astute; the village is definitely better off having you around. Unfortunately, oftentimes your brains make you look evil, and you are lynched; otherwise, you're too much of a threat and the wolves kill you. You rarely last to the end. You would probably make an extremely good wolf if you can get the right people on your side and avoid a seer dream.
Well I guess that's probably true, if you don't count my first game.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #55
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
Hardly. In fact in my first WW game the wolves just barely squeaked out a victory - and all three of them were "quite wolves." (Holby, Oddwen, & Azaila if I'm not mistaken)
Sounds familiar! Oddwen modded the game and the wolves were me, Holby and Nilp, all "quiet wolves".
Old 05-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #56
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
Well I guess that's probably true, if you don't count my first game.
I count you and Fea as the best I have ever played with! I have yet to play a game as great as my very first. (wwj1)

Old 05-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #57
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad

this quiz was harder mostly because of my hcange in playing style lately...
Old 12-17-2008, 05:29 PM   #58
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I turned out to be Cannon Fodder. Maybe that explains why I jeep on getting lynched early on as an innocent.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:44 AM   #59
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I only started playing WW after the quiz was made!

I don't know about brains, but I certainly play in a mad and bad way (though it always has logic behind it) Actually, I fancy another game soon...if anyone can stand having me around. Maybe this is why I always get lynched
Old 01-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #60
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Awww I'm cannon fodder...
Old 11-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #61
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Right on about the cobbler (I wanna try being a real one for a change!). But I fail at wolvery.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #62
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
I forget whether I've posted here yet. I got Cannon Fodder. The quiz would be a lot more fun if it had more variety in the results - it seems to me to be mostly divided into "you're useless" and "you're not useless."
Old 11-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #63
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am not going to write what I got here, otherwise you people would lynch me.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #64
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I am not going to write what I got here, otherwise you people would lynch me.
So you got wolf?

Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #65
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
So you got wolf?

Oh come on, surely you can't believe such a thing! Aside from that, that would be absolutely baseless suspicion. I wonder why would you do that if you were innocent?

I find it strange that Gal is just coming here and posting randomly such stuff, while she could instead focus on something more productive. I think she is just trying to slip under the radar while maintaining the feeling that she actually is contributing something. Based on that, I will probably vote for her toDay.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #66
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Oh come on, surely you can't believe such a thing! Aside from that, that would be absolutely baseless suspicion. I wonder why would you do that if you were innocent?

I find it strange that Gal is just coming here and posting randomly such stuff, while she could instead focus on something more productive. I think she is just trying to slip under the radar while maintaining the feeling that she actually is contributing something. Based on that, I will probably vote for her toDay.
Surely you can't believe any such thing! I mean, come on, it is my duty as a wolf to frame ordos and hopefully gifteds... erm, uhh, I mean, catch wolves, and I'm innocent.

There Legate who thinks that the village will not be very impressed if his role was to be found out. Now let's put on the thinking cap and figure out what role that could be. It doesn't take rocket science to understand that Legate is hiding his true intentions and hopes that we won't find them out. This leaves me with a definite conclusion about his alignment.

So, regardless of the fact that we are both dead innocents, we have each other's votes.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:54 AM   #67
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I got the "brains" answer. Haha, I dunno how true that is, but I have survived to the end as a wolf more than once.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote