The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2005, 01:28 PM   #281
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Should the Seer reveal his/herself? Let's not panic yet. Loveland was a pretty big village; there are still plenty of innocents yet alive.

If Firefoot is to be read in the way I read her, it appears as if the wolves have no clue who the Seer is. So that's good.

I still think we should lynch Oromin today. It's very clear: In all probability, she is either a wolf or the cobbler. It's the best option we have at the moment.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:34 PM   #282
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I agree about Oromin to a degree. I'd say she could be at the very least the cobbler. But I'm also suspicious of Lhuna & a little suspicious of lmp. It is satisfying to see the wolves bungle attemtps at killing the seer - whoever the seer is is doing a great job of hiding!

I probably won't be able to post again today, if I do I will be extremely suprised.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:11 PM   #283
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm not so sure about the Seer revealing themselves today. So far it doesn't really look like the wolves have much of an idea as to who the Seer is and I think maybe it would be a better idea to allow them to keep themselves under wraps a while longer, unless of course they know who all three wolves are in which case of course go for it!

What I would like to know though is why sudden suspicion has moved onto Oromin when yesterDay pretty much everyone was determined that Elf-Warrior would follow in Kitanna's footsteps? Oromin may well be the Cobbler using her talent for confusion to try and force us into lynching her rather than an actual wolf. Since she is away at the moment and cannot post it would seem better to go after active participants and use her almost as a safety option. If we lynch Elf-Warrior and he is not a wolf then we move on to Oromin.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:04 PM   #284
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

I would say the opposite. Lynch Oro & fall back on Elf-Warrior. But I could change opinions, I guess. I just don't think it's very likely...
Old 07-31-2005, 06:53 PM   #285
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Just for clarification, I will be around, at least for the time being. I have no idea when I will have to leave, but when I do, I'll PM Firefoot and let her know, or if I cannot do that, I have told her to write my death if I do not post for a whole DAY period. Therefore, don't count me out until you lynch me or Firefoot writes my death. Personally, it would help everyone but my remaining fellow wolf if you would lynch me, and even that person has told me they will be able to manage. I'm pretty much giving you a free shot here. Kill a wolf while you can...
Old 07-31-2005, 07:57 PM   #286
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Too bad our blacksmith is dead my axe is developing rust!

I think that killing Oromin is a bad idea! We all seem to think that most likely she is the cobbler and therefore technically innocent. We should keep around as many innocents as we can. I am much more convinced of Elf-warrior's guilt than the off chance the Oromin is a wolf. I will be voting right now with out futher hesitation.

++Elf-warrior

I would ask that our seer either dream of Wilwarin or Oromin if they haven't. If they have been dreampt of I suggest either Encai or Kath or possibly Lhuna though I'm not as suspicious of Kath and Lhuna, encai is still high on my list and the other two round out the top.

ps for the sake of our dear axe hating moddess remember to keep your vote on a separate line.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:35 PM   #287
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Me griff for dah Spawn. Dah lass was aft' all dah only soul who looked kindly upon me suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Okay, now Saurreg is saying stuff that casts doubt where it doesn't belong. That, my friends, is wolvish behavior. If he's a werewolf, he's been doing a great job of hiding behind his sheep. Talk about a disguise!
D'ish ol' foggy's detectin' a pattern 'ere; 'evry rround somebody's gotta accuse 'im of something. Und arn't it a surprise dat it's LMP's turn?

Wulvisf beha'vor eh? Prray tell den mah good man, wot 'rre yer talking about? Is dat due to dah mass lynchin' or dat me be sus'pis of yer plan to hand decsion-makin' to one person?

Mass kynching works cuz we haf a prretty good size population und lotsa suspects but too lit' time. It's kindah like a net wif a big scoop - we're bound to catch a wulf as long as dah kandidates were well chosen. Leader thingy is a tasd too risky und sus'pis. once morre me question dah purpose inhaving someone trry to sway und kontral the others' decision. One 'ery good way of detecting a fury wulf is dat 'e or seeh would trry und sway opinion und dah alert ones be able to catch 'im in dah act. Now adding dah leader thing in, it's like... like throwing dah hounds off dah scent cuzing distraction und such, konfusion even!

Now why we would wanna do a thing. We've got ou' fair share of sabotahin' loonies und 'eir appreticees. Me no think stirring dah pot more would solve dah prob.

Mayhaps we should all look closely at dah star gai'zar und question dah reason behind 'is idea.

As of now me think dat ++wilwarin is still me greatest suspect. She didna retort to me nor others' accusions yes'day. Throw in dah Elf-warrior und we could haf a double lynch today.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:03 PM   #288
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Posted by Saurreg:
Quote:
As of now me think dat ++wilwarin is still me greatest suspect. She didna retort to me nor others' accusions yes'day. Throw in dah Elf-warrior und we could haf a double lynch today
No double lynchings. We don't want to bring the wrath of the ModdessGoddess down on us.

Mormegil, you may have a point on Oro, but I'm not 100% sure of Elf-Warrior's guilt either. Right now I am suspicious of Lhuna, Wilwa, lmp, Oro, E-W, & a little suspicious of Enca & Saurreg.

Posted Lhuna on her suspicions of Eomer:
Quote:
My, my. I give you a new perspective on the game and what I get in return is your suspicion. How ironic is that...Your behaviour indeed has not been wolvish - nobody has ever suspected you so far, except for this Lhunatic character
I do not suspect you soley because you accused Eomer. I had already thought of the points that you brought out & considered them but I didn't think they stood up to any sort of scrutiny in my opinion. I don't think that we should lynch a smart innocent just because he appears to be...well, innocent.

Eomer of course could be a wolf. Then again, so could I, so could morm, so could you. But innocent behavior alone is not grounds for lynching to me, so I was somewhat suspicious of you accusing Eomer on those grounds alone.

edit: Wow, this usually talkative village (the most posted in ‘village’ already that I know of) has grown strangely quiet this DAY. I thought I wouldn’t be able to post at all, but it ends up I’ve accounted for a third of the posting.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 07-31-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:35 PM   #289
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I would ask that our seer either dream of Wilwarin or Oromin if they haven't. If they have been dreampt of I suggest either Encai or Kath or possibly Lhuna though I'm not as suspicious of Kath and Lhuna, encai is still high on my list and the other two round out the top.
And I still don't understand why you suspect me, morm. But go on, dream of me if you like, Seer. I've nothing to hide.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:28 PM   #290
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
And I still don't understand why you suspect me, morm. But go on, dream of me if you like, Seer. I've nothing to hide.
As of right now I have no real good solid evidence but your early DAY 1 and 2 behavior was somewhat suspicious and you seem to get all riled up everytime I mention your name. So you are on my suspicion list but lower than you were at once. That at least should make you happy.

Posted by TORE
Quote:
edit: Wow, this usually talkative village (the most posted in ‘village’ already that I know of) has grown strangely quiet this DAY. I thought I wouldn’t be able to post at all, but it ends up I’ve accounted for a third of the posting.
There are many we have yet to hear from at all. I believe the E-w (wolf) is among them which heightens my suspicions of him, though it doesn't matter now my vote is cast. I do realize that it could be due to RL items but it could also be an attempt to be forgotten.

The way Oromin is going back and forth seems to solidify my belief that she is in fact the cobbler so it's really pointless to kill her. I think we could, rather, develop some social program where we teach her some really valuable life skills so that she can move up from her petty cobblering into something that she can feel really good about. (such as teaching me how to use punctuation ) That way she won't hate life as much and we can be given credit with saving somebody's life...wait did that just come from the executioner?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:19 AM   #291
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
The Only Real Estel, If Encaitare is innocent then Wilwarin is almost certainly innocent. Wilwa hasn't denied that she's a shirriff.
From post 172:
Quote:
I act this way because every small hint of defending or accusing someone is blown out of proportion in this game.
From post 225:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oromin
Lhuna and wilwa are my fellow wolves.
This is a lie on at least one account.
From post 246:
Quote:
I do not know why everyone is casting so much blame on Wilwa; it is certainly unjustified.
Couldn't someone say that he/she knows that Encaitare is lying if she is?
More tomorrow, I hope. I must get to bed.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:09 AM   #292
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril Half Moon?

The White Fashe wash conshiderate; I wash shpared from my ushual Half Moon fate becaush toDay, and the daysh after thish, are going to be very critical for the village. However, I wash left with thish horrible shlurry shpeech. Pleash bear with it.

How deshpicable, thish thing that happened to our poor innkeeper! The fact that she wash not the Sheer (ash I conshidered she might have been) ish fortunate, but that doesh not make her pashshing any eashier to bear. Shleep in peash, fair one.

It ish very good that our Sheer remainsh inconshpicuoush ash far ash the werewolvesh are consherned. Whoever you are, I commend you. But pleash keep in mind that the shafety of our village and itsh (innoshent) villagersh reshtsh highly on your shouldersh. With that, act ash you will.

I think it doesh not make shensh to lynch Oromin now. She wash wrong about her 'fellow werewolvesh,' for she did not shay anything about Kitanna, who hash been confirmed to be a lycan indeed. Now I have shaid yeshterDay that there ish a chanshe she might actually be a werewolf, however shmall. But at thish time we should prioritishe thoshe we really shushpect. Unleshsh you want to add another day to your carnivoroush life, Eomer. Or maybe to your fellow werewolf, The Elf-warrior - who wash yeshterDay'sh shecond primary shushpect.

Shpeaking of whom, I think it ish besht we lynch him toDay, while some of ush are not yet shertain of the lycanthropy of othersh.

I know that lmp and Eshtel - among othersh - think that I am a werewolf, or a cobbler. If you are not convinshed of my innoshensh, then have the Sheer dream of me toNight. If that ish not enough, lynch me. But I promish you, if you do that, whatever you felt after Nilp and Oddwen were lynched will come back to haunt you.

++THE ELF-WARRIOR

P.S. Well, well, Eomer. Congratulationsh. You have shuksheshfully made it alive to Day 4. Although I have a feeling we will regret that you ever made it thish far.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-01-2005 at 03:12 AM. Reason: mishshed a shlurr, precioushsh
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:56 AM   #293
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
What have I said or done for you guys to be suspicious of me? I'd like to see what you drum up, just for the fun of it.

++ Elf Warrior

I've already said why I think he's a werewolf.

Why you guys think Enca & Wilwa are not the shirriffs, I don't know. It seems pretty obvious to me. I could be wrong.

My previous Day's deductions still hold. Nobody's said anything that leads me to change them. They need refinement, but there's a little time.

Don't do the leader thing. Period. It's both too late and unnecessary. I wish I hadn't thought up the trial thing. It's too complicated.

If Elf Warrior surprisingly is not a wolf, then I'd say we need to look at Enca & Wilwa as our two remaining wolves.

What did Spawn say that got the werewolves ready to lynch her? I really kind of thought I would be dead after yesterDay's post, which suggests that maybe I'm wrong about a few things, or that maybe I'm just as right as Spawn was, and they had to choose which threat to off first.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-01-2005 at 04:00 AM.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:38 AM   #294
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Let's look here: I think we are all in agreement that Oromin is not an ordinary villager. I am utterly certain that she is the Cobbler or a wolf.

The Elf-Warrior, on the other hand, could be anything.

It's very simple mathematics; Oromin looks far more likely to be a wolf than The Elf-Warrior.

That's why I vote for:

++OROMINUIALWEN

But I'm sure that we'll kill those two today and tomorrow so I'm not sure it matters too much.

Lhuna, you are still amusing me very much, cobbler!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:46 AM   #295
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally posted by Mormegil
I think that killing Oromin is a bad idea! We all seem to think that most likely she is the cobbler and therefore technically innocent. We should keep around as many innocents as we can. I am much more convinced of Elf-warrior's guilt than the off chance the Oromin is a wolf.
I agree with this. I don't think that any Werewolf would be ok with being by himself, the WW team wouldn't stand a chance of winning. It just doesn't make sense.

++Elf-Warrior

I think he's our best bet at this point.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #296
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

++ Oromin

For all the reasons that Eomer brought up. Not that it will probably matter, most likely Elf-Warrior will go today & Oro tommorrow. Still, I'm work on a conspiracy theory & if it works out I may vote differently come the next DAY.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:29 AM   #297
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

From post 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
In this case I agree with Enca that Oromin is lying in at least one account. Further along the line I can say I agree with Kath that only one of those she mentioned is actually a werewolf: wilwa. So I would suggest that we all keep from lynching Oromin, at least for this Day.
Quite suspicious methinks. lmp, why would you target Enca and Wilwa if I turn out to be innocent, which I am by the way?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #298
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm not exactly sure of who to vote for, but I sincerely doubt that Oromin is a wolf. The cobbler, probably, but I don't think she'd ask to get lynched if she were a wolf. Therefore:

++The Elf-warrior
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:02 AM   #299
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was going to suggest a double lynch of Oromin and Elf-Warrior just to make things easier but I'm not sure whether we will be able to make that work. Those who have still to vote are:

Kath
Elf-Warrior
Oromin
Wilwa

Now since I think that the wolves are somewhere in that list (excluding me) I don't know that they will vote in a way to reach a double-lynching.

Right now E-W has 6 votes and Oromin has 2 votes. To achieve this Oromin would have to vote for herself. There might also be a problem with E-W but he is going to die anyway so unless Oromin is also a wolf and he wants to protect her he should also vote for Oromin. Therefore I'm going to ask people to try and make this work.

E-W, Oromin and Wilwa would you plese vote for Oromin.

++OROMINUIALWEN
Old 08-01-2005, 09:17 AM   #300
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All right I'll vote for
++THE ELF-WARRIOR
I hope seeing my untransformed corpse will clear your mind. I am most suspicious of Kath and Lhuna. I don't know if Oromin is a cobbler or a wolf. I am only slightly suspicious of lmp and Saurreg. Encai and Wilwa are almost certainly the shirriffs. TORE, Moregil and Eomer are most probably innocent.

Edit: I crossposted with Kath. I don't really care that I didn't vote according to your plan because for one thing the Modess doesn't like double-lynching. For another I don't know if Oromin is a wolf and you're probably a wolf anyway.

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 08-01-2005 at 09:26 AM.
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:40 AM   #301
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yer a fool laddie, throwing yer life away like dat. u should haf made a deal wif somebody on wo' to lynch aft' yer gone. Dat is prresuming yer innocent.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #302
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Kath if you look up four posts from your last post you'll see that I've already cast my vote for Elf-Warrior.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:58 AM   #303
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I know that lmp and Eshtel - among othersh - think that I am a werewolf, or a cobbler. If you are not convinshed of my innoshensh, then have the Sheer dream of me toNight. If that ish not enough, lynch me. But I promish you, if you do that, whatever you felt after Nilp and Oddwen were lynched will come back to haunt you.

P.S. Well, well, Eomer. Congratulationsh. You have shuksheshfully made it alive to Day 4. Although I have a feeling we will regret that you ever made it thish far.
Indeed. My suspicions of you, Lhuna, are fading, because you agree with me, and my suspicions of Eomer, meanwhile, are heightening because he keeps on pointing the finger at me (and I know I'm innocent ... I don't care what the rest of you think about me, but my own innocence is a big factor in deciding who's the real werewolf. ).

And now Estel has me on his rather conveniently wide rannging list. If Elf Warrior is not a werewolf either, that makes me wonder about both Estel & Eomer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Warrior
Quite suspicious methinks. lmp, why would you target Enca & Wilwa if I turn out to be innocent, which I am by the way?
Because Encaitare has as good as said that she is certain of Wilwa's innocence. Since I don't believe Enca to be the Seer, that means that if these two are not shirriffs, then they are very likely to be wolves. But I do think they are shirriffs, and if my vote against you is incorrect, my current suspicions lie with Eomer & Estel.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:26 AM   #304
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

'Tis a sham dah sherrifs canna steal a move ahead of the wulves und reveal 'emselves. Dat would greatly reduce dah scop' of suspects. A pitah dah gre't Earthmodma sez no... Arn't it a sham?

Me only advis' to dah seer is for 'im to stay low und kontinah to drream. We'rre going wif dah mass lynchin's und dat's a start but there's still too many of us for dah seer to go public. Unlass, unlass dah seer's got two of dah wulves o'relly und 's willing to go und reveal 'em.

I doubt dat any of dah wulves or dah wulf-wannabe w'old challenge dat, cuz we simply hang one of 'em named suspects und dah trruth be known!

Now the question 's - duz dah seer haf enough time before dah wulves rrandomly select 'im?
Old 08-01-2005, 10:39 AM   #305
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

I do not keep pointing the finger at you lmp, in fact, I've been pretty quiet about you recently!

You do act very much like an innocent but I was merely sticking to an earlier theory. If Elf-Warrior is a wolf then I am prepared to declare thee innocent. However, I am pretty much certain that one wolf voted for tgwbs on DAY ONE, thus if Elf-Warrior is innocent I'll be looking directly at you.

It might very well be a terrible theory but I'm not going to give it up half-way through.

As for being suspicious of Estel, he is the only villager whose innocence I am very confident in (besides myself). What's he done to attract suspicion?
Old 08-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #306
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

When I joined this village I gave a pseudonym, The Elf-warrior. Now that I am about to be lynched I will tell you my real name, Lazar Wolf. Thus, I am from Russia.

OOC "Live among wolves howl like a wolf" is a Russian proverb I found in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations.

*Howls*

Eomer, might Kath be a wolf who was going to vote for TGWBS but couldn't because of RL? lmp, I think it's more likely that TORE is casting a wide net to try to catch all the fish, or should I say wolves.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:01 AM   #307
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Day is done. Expect Elf-Warrior's death soon.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #308
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Once more, the villagers were near certain that they had found a wolf: that shady character Elf-warrior. He was a butcher, after all – perhaps he had grown tired of butchering animals and now sated his needs by butchering the villagers!

The excitement and blood-lust of the villagers was running high: having bagged one wolf, they were eager to catch another and they eagerly ushered Elf-Warrior off to the gallows. Who cared that it hadn’t worked quite right in previous episodes? Third time’s a charm, right? After all, werewolves deserved a proper hanging. The only one who was disgruntled over this was the executioner, but even he was becoming resignedly used to his fate as the mob ignored his protests once again.

Elf-Warrior made no sign of protests as the villagers jeered at and jostled him through the town, and if anything, this just increased their certainty and made them more eager to see him dead. The noose was tied quickly this time, now that the villagers had discovered that slip-knots really weren’t so very hard to tie. They stepped away from the gallows and a hush fell over the crowd, that nervous anticipation before hopefully affirming their choice.

“I go willingly to my death,” said Elf-Warrior in a clear voice that lifted over the crowd. “When you see that I am innocent, think better of me.”

Silence. Then someone shouted, “Wolvish lies!” and the crowd became more mob-like once more. Without further ado, someone pulled the lever and… nothing. The trap door on which Elf-Warrior was standing did not fall in, but remained motionless. What kind of horrible gallows was this?

A few villagers attempted to rectify the problem, crawling underneath to figure out what was wrong. By the time they were nearing a solution, however, the rest of the mob had grown impatient and someone had hastened to Elf-Warrior’s shop and back. “Butcher’s knives!” that someone cried. “Use his own weapons against him!” This idea was quickly taken up (every single one having forgotten that wolves used their teeth and no true weapons), and the villagers started hurling the knives at Elf-Warrior’s body. This was like stoning, only better! And bloodier!

“Spill the wolf’s blood like he’s spilled ours!” cried someone. Eventually, their stock of knives had been used up, but no matter. The villagers had been so concerned seeing the blood of their “wolf” spilled that they had not noticed that Elf-Warrior had long ceased to live; his body was held up only by the tight noose. And the dead Elf-Warrior looked every bit the ordinary villager he had claimed to be. The two remaining wolves grinned inwardly as the dispirited villagers returned to their homes for the night.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1
Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2
Durelin (Hunter) – Deadheaded by werewolves on Night 3
TGWBS (Ordinary Villager) - Slain by Hunter on Night 3
Kitanna (Werewolf) – Paralyzed and hung by villagers on Day 3
Dancing Spawn (Ordinary Villager) – Twisted like a pretzel and stuffed in a closet by werewolves on Night 4
Elf-Warrior (Ordinary Villager) – Stabbed through with knives by villagers on Day 4

Score:

Werewolves – 2
Villagers – 8

It is now Night 5. I need names from the wolves and the seer; Shirriffs should stop PM'ing. Night will end in 24 hours.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #309
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

As was usual, the villagers met outside in the morning, each relieved to still be alive while dreading to find one of their own dead. Today, it was littlemanpoet who had turned up missing. In a routine that was becoming all too familiar, the villagers trudged off to lmp’s house. What cruel and inhuman killing method had the wolves come up with tonight?

LMP did not have a large house, but it was noted in the village for being the only house in the village that had a third story, which lmp had used for his stargazing. It was here that the villagers soon ended up, climbing two sets of rickety wooden stairs and passing two completely unordinary stories.

The third story was a different story, though. Up here, not only had LMP done all of his studying of the heavens, but he had also kept hundreds of books all pertaining to his rather imprecise craft on numerous book shelves. Once there had also been a table and chairs. Now, the place was a mess. LMP was nowhere to be seen, but every single bookshelf had been toppled and books littered the floor in heaps. Many pages had been torn out; some books were missing front or back covers. The only two items in reasonable shape were the table and the telescope on top of it, which was missing only the lenses.

“He’s probably buried in one of these heaps,” moaned one villager. “We’ll never find him.”

But another caught a strange feature of the telescope: it did not point out to the sky through the open window as one might expect; rather, it was aimed downward, toward one of the overturned bookshelves. “I bet he’s under there,” said that villager.

So with a show of combined strength, the villagers moved the heavy bookshelf off the stack and started digging through the books. Soon, they came to a layer that was all pages stuffed around the body of LMP, as a packager might try to protect a fragile item. The pages were especially thick around his head. Hesitantly, they unwrapped LMP and found that his arms and legs had been tied, and that the ropes had been bolted to the floor. LMP could not have escaped if he tried. They also found the missing telescope lenses: they had been stuffed into LMP’s eyes, even though by the time the wolves had gotten that far, they had already figured out that LMP was not the Seer.

“Suffocated,” declared one. The villagers nodded in agreement. Originally, they thought he had been crushed under the bookshelf, but the pages had been too neatly packed.

Sighing with resignation, the villagers headed downstairs and outside. They had a full day’s work ahead of them.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
Mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1
Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2
Durelin (Hunter) – Deadheaded by werewolves on Night 3
TGWBS (Ordinary Villager) - Slain by Hunter on Night 3
Kitanna (Werewolf) – Paralyzed and hung by villagers on Day 3
Dancing Spawn (Ordinary Villager) – Twisted like a pretzel and stuffed in a closet by werewolves on Night 4
Elf-Warrior (Ordinary Villager) – Stabbed through with knives by villagers on Day 4
LMP (Ordinary Villager) – Suffocated by werewolves on Night 5.

Score:

Werewolves – 2
Villagers – 7

It is now Day 5. Werewolves, stop PM’ing; Shirriffs may start.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:14 AM   #310
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Well I'm starting to wonder if there's more to TORE than meets the eye. Almost everyone thinks he's innocent and therefore is a prime target for the wolves and yet he is alive. I have little time to review today but I would like to look into it a bit more.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 AM   #311
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Wow, I was beginning to think that lmp was a wolf. When he said this:

Quote:
If Elf Warrior is not a werewolf either, that makes me wonder about both Estel & Eomer!

if my vote against you [Elf-Warrior] is incorrect, my current suspicions lie with Eomer & Estel
I was very suspicious. It made no sense to me that if Elf-Warrior were found innocent (which he was), then the two (possibly the only two) people who weren't so sure he was guilty & so refused to bandwagon would jump to the top of his list. Really, that, along with a few other things, convinced me that I would probably vote lmp this DAY.

Let me review a little of what's been said before I post again.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #312
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Well, I've wasted a lot of time with my earlier theory: that being the trio of Oddwen, Elf-Warrior and littlemanpoet contained a wolf. Hopeless Eomer, utterly utterly hopeless...

I am also very worried because littlemanpoet was obviously suspicious of me and thus a few of you might be more than happy to lynch me today. Of course I am not aware of the wolves' foul strategies but this seems like a bit of a set-up. littlemanpoet's accusations were pretty far off the mark (tgwbs, Elf-Warrior, me) so I don't think anyone here thought he was the Seer. But is that all the wolves can do these days? Try to set-up an innocent? As clearly self-centred as this is coming from me, it doesn't seem so far-fetched. I really think the wolves are clueless as regards the Seer and that the best they can do with their kills is to cause confusion among the villagers. In the meantime this may be frustrating, but in the grand scheme of things this is brilliant news. The Seer is lasting a long time and has much information.

I am still pointing at Orominuialwen. She just has to be a wolf or the cobbler. Why not give her a go? She's our best bet at the moment, I say.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #313
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I know this may sound wolfish but so be it. I am really beginning to fear for the safety of our seer. Yesterday when I said it I was fairly scared now it's a numbers game and it may come crashing down on us. There are 9 now living, 2 are wolves and one is the cobbler. My bet is that the wolves at least know who the cobbler is. So that means that they have only 6 now to choose from. And I'm assuming they have a good idea between 2 to 3 people.

We have had 5 nights and 5 dreams. I would hope that at least 3 of those dreams are of living. If that's the case then we know 4 of 9 innocent (counting the seer) or 1 or 2 wolves. I'm assuming that the seer doesn't know both wolves otherwise they would reveal themselves and be done with it.

Oh well I just wanted to put this down mainly for the seer to think about and decide what they want to do.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #314
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Eomer, this is the problem I see with Oromin.

At the moment I am most concerned with Oromin & Lhuna, either one of those could be either a cobbler or a wolf. I think that Oromin is more likely to be the cobbler. morm's posts (#286 & #290) made a lot of sense. Oro could still be a wolf, but I think she is most likely the cobbler who, upon learning that she might not be able to finish out the game (I don't doubt her RL troubles), decided to make up some nightly conversation talk with her "fellow werewolves" & then accuses two people nearly at random (I think she accidentally pegged one correctly). If she is the cobbler than the best way to deal with her (at least for now) would be to simply put her in a box - disregard almost everthing she says, but not waste a precious lynching date with her.

I think that there is a good possibility that Lhuna is one of the remaining wolves, as Elf-Warrior suspected.

edit: another day, another cross-post

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 08-02-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:45 PM   #315
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I on the other hand, am now more of the opinion that Oromin is indeed a wolf. I had thought that Elf-Warrior was a wolf and so didn't think that another wolf would put themselves up to save him but now that we know E-W was an innocent I think Oromin had a fabulous double-bluff going. Confuse us enough that we can't be sure whether she is a wolf or the Cobbler and hope that we go for our main suspect. I would look to lynching her today.

If she is indeed a wolf then the question remains as to who the last wolf is. Those left alive now are:
Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
The Only Real Estel
wilwa

One of these is the Seer, two are Shirriffs, one is a wolf and 4 are simply innocents. With the innocence of E-W now proven I think that wilwa too may be innnocent as previously I had thought that they were working together and this is now obviously not the case.

Now lmp also has been proven innocent and maybe we should look at his suspicions as he is usually a rather astute player. YesterDay he said that if E-W was innocent he would be inclined to suspect TORE and Eomer and I too have been worried about Eomer. His track record so far has not been great with the deaths of a good few innocents under his belt, including I believe our guardian. I realise many of us were guilty of her death but I recall him being the leader of the mob and he seemed almost too contrite after her death.

I am not sure who the wolves are but at the moment I would look to Oromin being lynched today.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #316
mormegil
Maundering Mage

The more I think about I think I will vote for Oromin it will rid us of that confusion at least

++OROMIN

I think she may be a wolf but possibly the cobbler.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:00 PM   #317
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Posted by Kath:
Quote:
With the innocence of E-W now proven I think that wilwa too may be innnocent as previously I had thought that they were working together and this is now obviously not the case.
I also thought they might've been working together, but I just want to remind everyone that it would be extremely easy for a wolf to 'go along' with an innocent in order to look innocent later. I am not extremely suspicious of Wilwa, but I think my point still bares keeping in mind.

Posted by Kath (about Eomer):
Quote:
His track record so far has not been great with the deaths of a good few innocents under his belt, including I believe our guardian. I realise many of us were guilty of her death but I recall him being the leader of the mob and he seemed almost too contrite after her death.
Actually Eomer mentioned a suspicion of Oddwen & Kitanna, who we now know was a wolf, quickly jumped on that idea. I realize it might seem like I'm 'sticking up for Eomer' or whatever, but at this point in the, er...village, it's obviously vitally important to keep the innocent villagers around - & I am about 90% sure of Eomer's innocence.

By the way, don't forget about the Cursed Villager. The longer it takes to catch the wolves the better the chance they have of bolstering their ranks. Although at least we will know that 'no one was killed this night' means that there is another wolf, since our Guardian is dead.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:05 PM   #318
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh now I'd forgotten about the Cursed Villager. What exactly does that role entail? If he/she is lynched by the villagers will we be informed that they were the cursed villager or not? Also will they definitely at some point become a wolf or might they stay as a normal villager through the whole game?
Old 08-02-2005, 04:06 PM   #319
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Cursed Villager:
Quote:
The Cursed Villager doesn’t know that they are cursed. If the Cursed Villager is killed by Werewolves, the moderator will announce that nobody was killed. The Cursed Villager then becomes a Werewolf and is introduced to his/her new team mates. If the Cursed Villager is lynched, whether before or after transformation, their role will not be revealed.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #320
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I'm glad you've finally figured out that indeed it would be a good idea to lynch me. I find it so funny that despite the fact that I told you I was a wolf several DAYs ago, you still have left me alive. It indeed seems that I have done the thing which will make you least likely to ever lynch me. Never the less, I hope that perhaps toDAY you may manage to do what should have been done DAYs ago. Therefore:

++OROMIN