The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #41
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Well, blowing things out of proportion is, I think, a legitimate way to start a discussion on Day 1 - often the only way, with nothing but banter and in-character lunacy to go on. So please stop jumping on Lottie for her attempt to get the game going (she seems to consider that her special duty of late, and she does it quite well).
Thaaank you. I almost never mean what I say on Day 1, guys. Honestly, I barely read his post, and doubt if there's really anything there. I just enjoy war-mongering (or something similar whose name I can't think of right now).
Old 03-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #42
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Woot! This means I get first post.

I actually have a humorous topic-related story. So, this one time, there was a high school test over Immigration and an ID on Jane Addams. To which the student answered "I have no idea, so I'm going to draw you a picture of the batmobile exploding and batman tripping off a tall building...you know you're jealous."

Aside from the fact it was a pretty good drawing, I wanted to award full points for the question for the very fact that Batman was defeated by tripping over his own feet and falling from a great height, even though it had nothing to do with Jane Addams. Clearly this student was mocking the failure of the most disturbingly insane villain ever, the Joker, at defeating the Great Bat.
Heh. Heh. If nothin else he has good stories. And it was the first post, so we can hardly expect an epic analysis. Apart from the first post bit I think he's fine so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
In that case...

Here I am! All sparkly and fun and singing so awfully the wolves will have no choice but to flee!

Party in the Barrow Downs!

I logged online at five today
with a role and some time to spare
welcome to the game of werewolves, (woah)
am I gonna survive?

Went to the Downs,
Here I'm posting, I'm the first one
Look up above and I see only the mod's posts
This is all so boring
Nobody's posted

My eyes are rolling and I'm feelin a little boredom
Not much pressure and I'm not very nervous,
That's when I clicked reply, googled the lyrics
and chose a silly song
and chose a silly song
and chose a silly song

So I click reply now
And parody the song,
And the werewolves run away
Typing the words like yeah,
Singing the song like yeah,
And I google lyrics,
To parody the song
I know I'm gonna be normal
Yeah, It's a party on the Barrow Downs

Well I'm the first post of the day
Everybody's lookin at me now
Like “who's this Lottie, that's posting first?
She's gotta be a werewolf, yeah.”

So hard without a seer playing
Its definitely smaller than I'm used to
Cause nothing's going on yet
But I'm not good at quiet

My eyes are rolling and I'm feelin a little boredom
Not much pressure and I'm not very nervous,
That's when I clicked reply, googled the lyrics
and chose a silly song
and chose a silly song
and chose a silly song

So I click reply now
And parody the song,
And I google lyrics,
To parody the song

Feel like lynching a wolf now (a wolf now)
Win the game for the crazies (the crazies)
Something stops me everytime (mean wolves)
Then people post more and I feel alright!

So I click reply now
And parody the song,
And I google lyrics,
To parody the song

So I click reply now
And parody the song,
And the werewolves run away (running away)
Typing the words like yeah (typing the words like yeah)
Singing the song like yeah, (singing the song like yeah)
And I press submit reply,
In the Arkham Asylum
I know I'm gonna be ok (I'm gonna be okay)
Yeah (Yeah), It's a party on the Barrow Downs
Yeah (hahaha), It's a party on the Barrow Downs (Party on the Barrow Downs!)

PS. Y'all are evil.

EDIT: Boro beat me to first post. He's must be evil. *grumps*

Well I'm not a wolf and I fled so I think we'll be safe. Unless of course Lottie's a wolf and is just trying to screw with us. o_O

Quote:
Nerwen - evil. First post in the admin thread.
Glirdan - evil. Just look at his avie!
Sally - evil. Has a themed avie.
Durelin - evil. I've never played with (her?) before, so clearly evil.
Boro - evil. Messed up my first post song plus spoke sense last Night.
Nogrod - evil. Signed up later than several other people.
Wilwa - evil. Likes Alice in Wonderland.
Isabel - evil. Is sharing a room with Nerwen, which clearly means they're in cahoots! And, as Nerwen has already been established as evil, she must be too!
Kitanna - evil. I've never played with her before, either.
Pitchie - evil. Predicted exactly what I just did.
Lottie - amazingly good. Just sayin'.
Well she's using extremely twisted logic because I almost alway have a themed avvie. Clearly she's evil. *nods sagely*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Oooh, it's starting. *claps*

More Alice quotes?

There's a large mustard-mine near here. And the moral of that is -- The more there is of mine, the less there is of yours

Lottie, Alice in Wonderland is the bestest story ever. You're clearly evil for thinking otherwise.

All of the players are as follows:

Nerwen
Glirdan
Sally
Durelin
Boro
Nogrod
Wilwa
Isabel
Kitanna
Pitchwife
Loslote

That is 11. So hypothetically if we never lynch a wolf then it would take them until about Day 4 to win. Which is 4 lynches. That is also assuming though that the Ranger never makes a save. SO, we have quite wonderful chances, since 4 lynches is a lot and we have a Ranger. But I guess there's a cobbler too out there, so we kinda have to watch out for them, but them not being cursed is actually one less thing to worry about.

Anyway, I'm exhausted and have 2 tests tomorrow, so I need to go sleep. I should be on randomly in the morning.
Nice commentary on the logistics of the game, but it seems a bit too much of a "ra ra village we can do this" post to me. I'm just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
So is this a party? I don't like parties. They make me nervous. Too many people, all acting like they like each other.

And I have a headache.

They tell me I should be left alone, but I don't really like being alone. But I'd really just rather you all went away.

I'm hungry. I think I could lunch any of you right now. I mean lynch.
Glaringly innocent. I mean just look at the last line of that post. An angel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Okay, so Boro is a Wolf because he talked about a student killing Batman in a picture, and had first post, and I just plain think he's going to be no help on this camping trip. Sure, he's good at cleaning and cooking, but we're in the middle of the Sahara Dessert with no bathroom in sight!

Durelin is a Wolf because of the lunch thing. We're all hungry, but if we don't get rid of this peskiness now, we'll be hearing it for the rest of this camping trip. Oh, and I call NOT sleeping in the same tent...or doing dishes for that matter....that's just a big no....

Oh, and Wilwa is a Wolf just on principle.

I resemble that remark!!
His logic is undeniable. And he's my hunny, so he must be innocent.

Quote:
Actually, if there is any merit to that, he could be Two-Face trying to hint. That should definitely be taken with a hint of salt, though, and hinting is always doubtful.
Heh. Anything could be a hint at anything. Or a hint at nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Yay! Go wolves!

(Hey, I AM insane, you know...)

Or he could be a wolf hinting to Two-Face.
Like I said....

*rolls eyes at Nerwen* I thought you of all people would survive this nuthouse.

Quote:
Or that could be a hint. Really, we can't read too much into this...and I do think we're blowing it quite out of porportion. My "hints" the last game were a) I meant to include a line in my song parody of "everyone's got a helpful cobbler" but forgot and b) I said "we're all evil". My hinting failed. But I actually did have a point with all this: cobbler hinting is not neccessarily straight forward, and I don't think we should automatically assume Boro's evil. However, I'm also not saying he's cleared, either - just don't blow it out of porportion. Much. Some blowing out of porportion is fun, methinks.
Just a bit yeah. I mean it's only Day One and everyone's trying to be a bit silly so I'm taking nearly everything with nothing right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Tick-Tock and Crocodiles make me think of Captain Hook and Peter Pan.
Batman makes me think of Captain planet.
The joker makes me think of Jack Nicholson.
Jack Nicholson makes me think of The Shining.
The Shining makes me think of Stephen King.
Stephen King makes me think of IT.
IT makes me think of Clowns.
Clowns make me laugh.

Summation: I hope no one is afraid of Clowns, I like Clowns. xD
Izzy must stay. She has amazing posts. Erm, post. Whatever. ^_^

Quote:
Oh, but you won't need a bathroom in the Sahara, Glirdan. Just rub yourself down with sand. It's a wonderful exfoliant!

Look– a confession! Lynch him!

*shrugs* Oh you want a serious answer? Well, then: wolves and cobblers don't often jump straight in and start hinting away in the very first post of the game. So it probably wasn't a hint. But then again it might be. Or maybe not. Who knows?

Me too. Why, none of us would be having such a wonderful time right now if it wasn't for the Joker!
Erm, I do. But not this game, obviously, because I've nothing to hint at. *pouts*

Quote:
Ditto. After last game I'm never ever trusting you again. <3

I don't like clowns.

and the moral of that is--be what you would seem to be--or if you'd like it put more simply--never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
Heh. Whyever not?

Quote:
Now I am eating a dear little apple named Jonathan.

"Please! Please don't eat me!" Jonathan begged. Alas! He was so crisp and tasty, I swallowed him in half-a-dozen delicious bites.

Poor, poor Jonathan.

Luckily, though, all Jonathan's friends are named Jonathan too, so they'll never know he's missing.

EDIT:X'd with Wilwa.
Mummy, I'm afraid....

Quote:
I don't like clowns either.... they're scary and evil and are out to get me!! HELP!!

And I think Lottie and Nerwen are reading into this whole first post thing a little too much. Starting to unnerve me and if they don't stop I'm going to go and tell mom!!

Anyways, I have to go see these people in white for some happy pills and probably won't be back until MUCH later in the Day to post again (please refer to admin thread). See ya everybody!!
I rather concur about the overanalyzing thing. But at the same time there's not much else productive to do, so meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Does this mean you're going to revert to eating everyone who is lynched? I don't think I like that idea.

This whole post blows it out of proportion seems to me. Though you're advising us not to do so. Interesting.
If we do that all game we'll be donners....erm, I mean goners. So let's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

And poor, poor old Granny Smith as well... and all her cousins & relatives.

Otherwise it has been just like I thought a madhouse would be.

Whatever her role, Dury's "I think I could lunch any of you right now" looks plain calculated.

Or Lottie saying "I don't think we should automatically assume Boro's evil" looks just soo out of place. I mean really.

And talking of cobbler hints, Nerwen's "Yay! Go wolves!" is on a class of its own. That she pleads insanity doesnt't do away the fact that she decided to voice that sentence in the first place.
Well she is a bit mad, so for now I'm going to ignore it. Like I said, for now. Oh, and Nog must also survive toDay for he is quiet but entertaining.

Quote:
Well, blowing things out of proportion is, I think, a legitimate way to start a discussion on Day 1 - often the only way, with nothing but banter and in-character lunacy to go on. So please stop jumping on Lottie for her attempt to get the game going (she seems to consider that her special duty of late, and she does it quite well).
Glirdan, it's way too early to be unnerved yet. Unless I misunderstood something, the whole cobbler-hinting-to-wolves-or-vice-versa business was about Boro, not you, so what reason do you have to be unnerved (unless you happen to be packmates, of course)?

Violator? No, sorry, wrong comic...

EDIT: x-ed with Nog
Hmmmm. Interesting idea about Glirdan, joking or not.

Quote:
I love you. Just sayin'.

Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!

The whole Boro thing, I don't know. I suppose it could be a cobbler hint, but then I suppose it could not be. But really, is our objective to kill the cobbler or to kill the wolves??? Cobblers, in my oppinion, are more dangerous later on in the game, not really as much in the beginning.

Though like I said earlier it would take 4 Days with no wolf lynch in order for the wolves to win, so that does give us a lot of wiggle room, I suppose lynching a cobblerish person wouldn't be a totally terrible idea. And I wouldn't put it past a wolf to act like a cobbler in order to slip through anyway.

My point: I personally do not see it as cobblerish, and I personally would rather look for wolfish behaviour rather then cobblerish behaviour, but lynching a cobbler would obviously not be a wasted lynch, and we do seem to have a wide window.

I need food. *follows Glirdan and the white coats*

x'ed with Pitch
Yes, but at the same time the wolves may often hide by posing as cobblers. So looking for cobblerish behavior can in fact help us. Of course no two wolves are the same so we have to employ a variety of wolf-hunting strategies. *nods*

Also, again with the 'oh we have loads of time' sentiment. It's disconcerting.

Quote:
That's exactly why I think we should also pay heed to cobblerish looking action early in the game... That would be the easiest cover early on if there is a general feeling that the possible cobblers will be "dealt with" only later on.

Talking of which... could somebody tell me what was that "cobbler hint" you guys read from Boro's post? Beats me.
And we agree yet again. *snuggles Nog* As for the hint, I really don't get it either.

Quote:
Hey Wilwa, I can see your green dot!
This is a family site!

Quote:
This:

Could be read as "Likes Batman to fail -> is evil", I suppose - but only if you ignore the context. After all, the same post ends with
Exactly. Without context anything can be twisted into anything.

Quote:
I read the ending as you did and that's exactly the thing which made me confused. I was afraid there was some intertextual / cultural reference I had totally missed...
*shrugs* I'm American and read it more or less as you guys did.

Quote:
I know! I'm usually good for remembering that, but I guess I forgot. All fixed now.

*Wilwa starts to disappear, her large grin being the last thing to go*

I don't see anything weird in Boro's post. I think it was just a funny story he wanted to share with the class, since it fit the theme and all.
Seconded.

Quote:
om nom nom nom nom nom

wait....I don't want to be eaten.

I think Sallycakes would be far more desirable.

*Goes back to paying attention in class.*
*pets Wilwa*

Quote:
Examining the alleged hints a little further, here's my tuppence on Nerwen. Sure, anybody who cheers for the wolves is asking for being questioned. I'm ready to make allowance for being in character and hence in poor mental health, but the problem is, it's quite easy to use lunacy as a disguise.
That said, I think a Cobblerwen might amuse herself by playing crazy and confusing the brains out of our poor skulls (see her resreveR act in Boro's D-League game!), but I can't quite see her doing something that blatant. And a Nerwolf would, of course, be waaaay more circumspect.

I see your point - like "Of course I'm not saying he's a wolf, but I'd like to keep the idea hovering in the background". Subconscious doesn't know negations, and all that. Hmmm...
To be fair I do think a wolf Nerwen would actually be more bold than a cobbler. But bold isn't crazy, and I think I remember a game with a cobbler Nerwen and she was....well, a nutter. So maybe you're right. I don't know though.

Quote:
I think this is also more likely. Every Day 1 there has to be atleast one person who jokingly says they're for the wolves/are a wolf, when they likely are not, just to joke around and stir the pot and whatnot. Especially in a nut house like this one. I wouldn't put too much into something like that, it's almost impossible to know if someone is joking or not. Could be more useful in a few Days though I suppose, if other stuff piles up about her or something.

I have to leave again, eye appointment. I will be back on later for some seriousness and not so many muffins....
Exactly. However, this is another one Wilwa's posts that simply doesn't ring true to me. *frowns*

Quote:
Well, since you, as the guy who's running this loony bin, obviously haven't heard of occupation therapy, we've got to make things up for ourselves, don't we?
Heh. Fair enough. Who brought the silly string?!

Quote:
Why is it always me at the focus of controversy on Day 1s!? Why!?

My time in this stint's limitted because usually I want to pass out by 10 pm, and have to be up at 6 am, and as the week progresses I get more and more cranky. I have to go in about 15 minutes to take care of some RL business, but should be back for about 4-5 hours until I am ready to knock out for the night.

Anyway, I don't know who pointed it out first, but my first post was a funny story that happened when I gave a test last Friday, and you know how long I waited to be able to share that realizing it was perfect in this situation! I wanted to give some kind of credit for the creative brilliance, but alas it had nothing to do with Jane Addams.

Sorry for disrupting your first song-post Lottie. Ok, not really. But please people, stop using me as a guinea pig. How many times do I apparently say something controversial on Day 1, and how many times does the discussion start reverting to what I actually 'meant,' what I was hinting, and than who jumped on an attacking bandwagon, then who defended it, and who jumped off, back on, all around...and where does it lead?

(Lots of ands and incorrect grammar, in the above paragraph...yep I know that, but I needed to point out this entire conversation over what I said, what I didn't, what hints is silly. Buh bye, catch ya later).
Because you're so adorable. Duh.

And yes, yes there was, but we'll keep you around anyway. And besides, someone has to start discussion, whether it's by saying something or having something said about them. You're just too popular! *chuckles*

EDIT: x'd since Boro's. And please forgive any and all typos; my computer's being silly.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #43
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*points up at Kit's #40)
Hear, hear!

So how did this thing-that-can't-be-called-a-train get rolling? Let me try a little resumé.

#8 Glirdan makes a typical Day1 banteresque remark that Boro likes to see Batman killed + posted first -> is guilty.
#9 Lottie comments on Glirdan's post that if there's anything at all in Boro's post, it could be a cobbler hint; then immediately cautions against taking that too seriously.
#10 Nerwen replies with what could be seen as a hint of her own and says Boro could be wolf hinting to cobbler.
#11 Lottie takes notice of Nerwen's maybe-hint and cautions further against taking apparent hints too seriously; "don't think we should automatically assume Boro's evil."
#13 Nerwen points out that obvious hints from baddies early in game are rare and continues with maybe/maybe not.
#16 Glirdan is starting to get unnerved by Lottie and Nerwen making more of his remark than he intended. I don't know how serious he was about the unnerving - could be overreaction.
#18 Kit comments on Lottie's ambiguity about the hint question.
#20 Pitch (that's me) questions Glirdan on his reaction.
#21 wilwa doesn't see anything cobblerish in Boro.
#22 Neither does Nog.
#29 Pitch (see above) comments on Nerwen's wolf-cheer and Lottie's ambiguity, is wishy-washy himself.
And thus it goes on with nothing really new, apart from sally's knife joke, which made me coin the metaphor Kit objects to.

So the interesting question is, what, if anything, can we glean from how this whole thing has gone until now?

(x-ed w/ Lottie and sally)
Old 03-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #44
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quoting shouldn't be allowed.

Wolves - Round 1

Nogrod
Loslote

Wolves - Round 2

Glirdan
Kitanna

Cobbler - Wilwa, Isabel, Nerwen, Pitchwife, Boro

Should be lynched anyway - Sally
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #45
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Crap crap and double crap. Erm, I totally didn't mean to quote everything, but when I pasted it back in I forgot to take bits back out. I don't suppose you'll complain if I fix it, will you? *shifty eyes, goes to repair the whoopsie*

EDIT: x'd with Durelin
Old 03-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #46
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
epic post, sally!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
To be fair I do think a wolf Nerwen would actually be more bold than a cobbler.
Maybe. I thought of the game when I was a wolf together with her, but on that occasion she was teamed up with three unpredictable cubs and bent on surviving, which could have been good reason for her to be more cautious than usual. Don't know.

About wilwa - this "we've got loads of time and no reason to worry" attitude is something I'd usually overlook (as in not notice), especially as she's so reasonable otherwise. But you're right, it's not exactly conducive to catching wolves.

EDIT: P.S. sally, keep it as it is. Nice to know where to find a quote if you need it.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #47
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
EDIT: P.S. sally, keep it as it is. Nice to know where to find a quote if you need it.
Meh, whatever ya like. *shrugs*
Old 03-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #48
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:

Wolves - Round 1

Nogrod
Loslote

Wolves - Round 2

Glirdan
Kitanna

Care to give reasons for your grouping?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #49
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Awfully touchy, aren't you? No one likes being the sacrificial lamb on Day 1, yet someone must fill the void. And no one has really committed to you or your post as anything substantial. As I said before most comments revolve around "It's a hint, but then again it probably isn't." So far no one has really pointed an accusing finger at you and screamed "WOLF!"
Perhaps, but I always get my stuff examined by a giant, fine-toothed comb. It's always the same..."What's Boro mean?" "Where's the hint?" "The only way we'll find out is if we open him up like a fish...*gutted like a fish* Ah, we still have no idea what he was going on about."

I feel like Tolkien and allegory, it's a good story folks...laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
sally[/B]]Because you're so adorable. Duh.
I don't know who you are in here, so I'm not going to be roped in by charm.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #50
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
*#16 Glirdan is starting to get unnerved by Lottie and Nerwen making more of his remark than he intended. I don't know how serious he was about the unnerving - could be overreaction.
Well, judging by the fact that he threatened to go tell "mom":

Quote:
And I think Lottie and Nerwen are reading into this whole first post thing a little too much. Starting to unnerve me and if they don't stop I'm going to go and tell mom!!
I would think he's pretty much joking.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #51
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Just a bit yeah. I mean it's only Day One and everyone's trying to be a bit silly so I'm taking nearly everything with nothing right now.
I'm not trying to be silly - it's my default setting.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #52
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:

Wolves - Round 1

Nogrod
Loslote

Wolves - Round 2

Glirdan
Kitanna

I am a wolf? Exciting. Why am I a wolf? Tell, tell! The snowflakes need to know...
Old 03-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #53
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
In the order of the Joker's list...

Nerwen - I feel uncomfortable with her right now. The more people say she was probably just joking with her "Go wolves!" the more plausible it seems as a cobbler-tactics (or even wolf-tactics)... if you see what I mean. Your tendency to believe it a joke makes it a worthwhile deception.
Glirdan - Confused about him, like I tend to be...
Sally - A bit overagreeable even if she is being just Sally: now is that possible?
Durelin - A tough one: first she was to "lunch" anyone of us and now a list with no reason whatsoever on anyone. A bit too attention-seeking to be a wolf but then again she's bold and been around long enough.
Boro - Low key. Very low key indeed.
Wilwa - I seem to get my usual latter-days-suspicions (referring to her new ww-career) on her which probably means she's inmnocent.
Isabel - One post. Amusing but quite void of any content. It's early though.
Kitanna - Could be a wolf actually: calm, quiet, collected but still contributing enough to look very good indeed.
Pitchwife - I liked his summary and he looks like doing the right thing (unless in cahoots with Lottie).
Loslote - Looks more or less the active stirrer of discussion and the ball-roller she is; feels better than not (unless in cahoots with Pitch).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #54
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Pitchwife - I liked his summary and he looks like doing the right thing (unless in cahoots with Lottie).
Loslote - Looks more or less the active stirrer of discussion and the ball-roller she is; feels better than not (unless in cahoots with Pitch).
Ooh. Nice theory, but it raises a point: I don't think wolves are going to be very close to each other at all, since there's only two. I would think we should be looking more for people studiously ignoring each other and maybe saying "oh, I don't know, maybe they're evil..." than "ooh they're so awesome/evil!!!"

Just throwin' that out there.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #55
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Ooh. Nice theory, but it raises a point: I don't think wolves are going to be very close to each other at all, since there's only two. I would think we should be looking more for people studiously ignoring each other and maybe saying "oh, I don't know, maybe they're evil..." than "ooh they're so awesome/evil!!!"

Just throwin' that out there.
*catches*

Or with no seer threat they feel they can afford to play closer and a bit tighter. The strategy is probably more of matter dictated by who, and not the situation.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #56
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Well, judging by the fact that he threatened to go tell "mom" [...]I would think he's pretty much joking.
But we know who "mom" is, don't we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Joker
four(4) Patients: All Clinicly insane some even think I'm their mommy isn't that cute?
Too much 'joking' going on there...

Seriously though, I think we should let Glirdan be for toDay, as he's got a RL time issue and may not be able to speak for himself in time.

The more I think about it, the less I'm inclined to suspect Lottie and Nerwen for the whole hint-or-no-hint business. Wolves don't need to stir the pot like that. Unsubstantial suspicions are an endemic Day 1 disease and pop up no matter what, as the innocents desperately look for signs of wolvishness in any- and everybody. Wolves don't need to do that - not to the same extent, at least, and not as early; they've got to think about who to vote and prepare some reasons for their votes to reduce the appearance of open bandwagoning, but otherwise they can afford to be laid back and pretend to be the voice of reason (except nervous first-timers, but I don't think we have any of these in the present line-up).
So let's look at the people who have been most reasonable up to now - which would be Kit, Nog and wilwa (sally too, now she's started actually playing, but to me at least, she just screams 'innocent' - much too straightforward and spot-on for any hidden agenda). Of these, the only one that has presented any point of attack seems to be wilwa, with her "take it easy/Yes we can!" attitude which sally pointed out... Hmmm. *ponders*

(x-ed w/ Nog & Lottie)
Old 03-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #57
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Too much 'joking' going on there...

~~~

(sally too, now she's started actually playing, but to me at least, she just screams 'innocent' - much too straightforward and spot-on for any hidden agenda). Of these, the only one that has presented any point of attack seems to be wilwa, with her "take it easy/Yes we can!" attitude which sally pointed out... Hmmm. *ponders*
1. You can never have too much joking.

2. Actually, I'm not sure about her. Sally dear, are you innocent?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #58
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Or with no seer threat they feel they can afford to play closer and a bit tighter.
Nope. With no Seer, traces of collaboration are one of the few signs of wolvery detectable by the unaided innocent eye, so the wolves would do their damnedest to avoid that, I think; especially if there are only two of them. (Like the Sith - always two there are of them, master and disciple. Hmmm...) *gets carried away, calls himself to order*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro l.c.
The strategy is probably more of matter dictated by who, and not the situation.
That I agree with.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #59
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The Doctor: Now Mr. Nogrod, I have the good news and I have the bad news. Which one would you like to take first?

Nog: Beautiful Soup, so rich and green,
Waiting in a hot tureen!
Who for such dainties would not stoop?

Doc: Don't try that on me. It won't work. Here's the good news: you'll soon be blissfully ignorant of what goes on. How's that?

Nog: Soup of the evening, beautiful Soup!
Soup of the evening, beautiful Soup!
Beau--ootiful Soo--oop!
Beau--ootiful Soo--oop!

Doc: Nuu-urse! The straightjacket, please!

*a mild struggle ensues*

Nog: Soo--oop of the e--e--evening!

Doc: Okay that's it.

*hits Nog with a hammer so that blood spills all around*

Doc: The bad news then... You suffer, beside your overt madness, from a rare syndrom called Europeanismus narcolepticus. It means you will fall in a deep sleep quite so soon...

*starts staring Nog in the eye and swinging a pendulum in front of his eyes*

Nog (resignedly): Beautiful, beautiful soup...

*hits Nog to a head with a hammer, more blood around*

Nog (hardly audible): Beautiful soup! Who cares for fish,
Game, or any other dish...

Doc: Nuu-urse! Nuu-urse! Get this weirdo to room 9, will you?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #60
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
1. You can never have too much joking.

2. Actually, I'm not sure about her. Sally dear, are you innocent?
Depends on whether you're asking me because you wanna know if you should lynch me or you want to know if you should Night kill me. Which is it?

Nah, I'm completely innocent. Well, not completely, but as far as the game is concerned I'm as pure as the UNdriven (which makes so much more sense) snow.

EDT: x'd with Pitch and Sir Nog
Old 03-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #61
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

*Nogrod wrestles away from his tormentors; the nurse and the doc give him a chase through the corridor*

If you look for the reasonable and careful, look for Kit, Boro and Pitch.

If you look for the bold, look for Nerwen or Dury

Or Pitch and Lottie. Funny you both recognized what I was talking about even if I gave no open reason for tying you two together...

I do agree with Boro here: with no seer around the wolves may play also "the supporting game". No one would believe the wolves could fex. try to save each other on every lynch possible etc. (it has happened, and the last remaining wolf *coughValiercough* won that time as no one believed she could play it that openly).

Interesting spotting this "mom"-thing there with Glirdan (heh "tell mom" = tell Morsul/Joker to get rid at Night of someone threatening him?). I'd not recommend lynching him for that though.

Sally I'm quite baffled with, like...

*The Doc and the nurse finally catch up with Nog and hit him unconscious with a baseball bat*

Doc: Get him the medication. No more running amok for this guy.

*Nog is given a serum and dragged away*
Old 03-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #62
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
How many times do I apparently say something controversial on Day 1, and how many times does the discussion start reverting to what I actually 'meant,' what I was hinting, and than who jumped on an attacking bandwagon, then who defended it, and who jumped off, back on, all around...and where does it lead?
I think someone said that what Boro was saying here was taking it too far, or making too big a deal of it or something, but I don't agree. Boro has a point, this does happen to him a lot, so I don't think this reaction is out of place.

Quote:
About wilwa - this "we've got loads of time and no reason to worry" attitude is something I'd usually overlook (as in not notice), especially as she's so reasonable otherwise. But you're right, it's not exactly conducive to catching wolves.
It's called optimism. Boosts up the moral of the village and makes the wolves think they're chances are lower. I always find the statistics to make it seem like the village has better chances, it makes me more relaxed and then I can think more clearly and enjoy the game better.

Quote:
Nope. With no Seer, traces of collaboration are one of the few signs of wolvery detectable by the unaided innocent eye, so the wolves would do their damnedest to avoid that, I think; especially if there are only two of them. (Like the Sith - always two there are of them, master and disciple. Hmmm...) *gets carried away, calls himself to order*
Yeah, I actually disagree. I think since there are only 2 of them and they do have to survive together a while they would actually be more adament about their trust, they don't want to risk one of them dying so they should be more likely to defend each other. I would suggest we spread the votes out a bit every day, and try to avoid too many bandwagon type voting. This way when we get the first one we should have a lot of voting information to help us find the other.

Quote:
Waiting in a hot tureen!
Nog, again, I love you.

My turn!

New Patient: But I don't want to go among mad people.
Wilwa: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
New Patient: How do you know I'm mad?
Wilwa: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

edit: x'ed with Nog
Old 03-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #63
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Heh, the Cheshire Cat acting catch-22?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #64
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Depends on whether you're asking me because you wanna know if you should lynch me or you want to know if you should Night kill me. Which is it?
If the latter, she wouldn't have to ask; as you should know quite well. So -?*frowns*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Or Pitch and Lottie. Funny you both recognized what I was talking about even if I gave no open reason for tying you two together...
I suppose you mean something along the lines of Lottie for stirring, me for - let's call it "damage control"? Yep, once you mentioned it, it occurred to me we might make a good team. Maybe in another game.
For the record, though, while Lottie replied to your "P&L-in-cahoots"-theory, I didn't up to now, as far as I can remember. So even though you're right, how could you know we both recognized what you were talking about? I don't suppose you can read my mind, or can you?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #65
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I am getting very concerned about Jonathan now. He is just too sweet and crunchy (all of him). What does he have to hide?

Quote:
So let's look at the people who have been most reasonable up to now
That'll teach 'em.

Quote:
Ah, isn't treachery the way of the Sith? How do you know they won't be merrily (and obviously) stabbing each other in the back?

Actually... *assumes serious expression* I'm not sure what we can expect from the current set-up. We've got three unusual factors: two wolves, no Seer, and a tiny village. Would the wolves be able to ignore each other?

That's if we're hunting wolves. We seem to be hunting cobblers toDay. Tally-ho!

EDIT:X'd since Sally at #60.; clarification.

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #66
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay the drugs are doing their work and I feel soo sleepy...

On the one hand I could go for Kit as just a lucky shot meeting the description of a wise and careful wolf.

On the other hand I'm tempted to vote for Nerwen because she not only made that infamous "Go wolves" (followed by the IC underlining of her madness as an excuse to say that). It would be bold but intelligent from a wolf or a cobbler. Also her part in opening up / maintaining the Boro-issue back there looks sneaky indeed. Someone said the wolves would just like to sit down, but they also like to steer the first targets of discussion as then it's publicity away from them (the ones who are talked about end up being high on the lynch-list).

Then there would be this Pitch - Lottie duet... but to go for it I'd need to be able to hear more from them (Well, needing to get out at this time leaves the same taste for everyone of you) and right now I have no hope of getting rid of two vocal players who seem to make sense. If Wilwa is right about her math then there should be time to read them more.

A vote in a moment...
Old 03-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #67
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
IFor the record, though, while Lottie replied to your "P&L-in-cahoots"-theory, I didn't up to now, as far as I can remember. So even though you're right, how could you know we both recognized what you were talking about? I don't suppose you can read my mind, or can you?
Nope. But you went into a kind of round-about damage control eg. speaking how implausible a close working together of the wolves would be...
Old 03-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #68
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

There's a 3/11 chance to lynch someone we'd want to.

7/11 regrettable, but ultimately canon-fodder lynch chance.

1/11 chance at lynching someone we really don't want to.

What's the point in listing the captain obvious stats? Really no point in making tentative, cautious voting, because there's a better chance for the lynch to be a good result, a high chance it'd be bad but only be a flesh wound, and a very minimal chance at a terrible lynch.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #69
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Why did you have to post that way Pitch?

I was kind of thinking that I'll choose my vote between Kit and Nerwen and now I need to consider brining you guys to the mix as well...

Blah... another cigarette.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #70
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Why did you have to post that way Pitch?

I was kind of thinking that I'll choose my vote between Kit and Nerwen and now I need to consider brining you guys to the mix as well...

Blah... another cigarette.
Alas there's no smoking in this facility. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #71
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Nope. But you went into a kind of round-about damage control eg. speaking how implausible a close working together of the wolves would be...
*slaps forehead*
Will you believe that my thoughts were nowhere near your theory when I wrote that? If you were right, I'd honestly have to rep you after-game for a damn good catch, but as things are, that was pure coincidence. (Damn - just when I thought I'd caught you trying to fabricate a case...)
Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #72
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
It's called optimism. Boosts up the moral of the village and makes the wolves think they're chances are lower. I always find the statistics to make it seem like the village has better chances, it makes me more relaxed and then I can think more clearly and enjoy the game better.
Now that those pesky villagers have been lulled into a false sense of security, right?

Quote:
Yeah, I actually disagree. I think since there are only 2 of them and they do have to survive together a while they would actually be more adament about their trust, they don't want to risk one of them dying so they should be more likely to defend each other.
Ye-es.... only it'll be harder then usual for the wolves to control the lynch this early, and if one dies and leaves a clear trail to the other– game over. (Poor widdle fings )

So I could see them turning on each other, if it came to that... I mean, it depends on who they are, and what happens.

What we should do is ask everyone what they'd do if they were wolves, and the ones who do the exact opposite are the actual wolves.

Like so:

Nerwen: Jonathan, what would you do if you were a wolf?

Jonathan (squeaky voice): Oooo.... let me see... if I were a wolf, Nerwen, I'd be long, squishy, green and tasteless. Definitely.

Nerwen: Whereas you are in fact round, crisp, red and delicious? *voice drips with irony* Oh, how very convenient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Waiting in a hot tureen!

Doc: Don't try that on me. It won't work. Here's the good news: you'll soon be blissfully ignorant of what goes on. How's that?

Nog: Soup of the evening, beautiful Soup!
Soup of the evening, beautiful Soup!
Beau--ootiful Soo--oop!
Beau--ootiful Soo--oop!

Doc: Nuu-urse! The straightjacket, please!

*a mild struggle ensues*

Nog: Soo--oop of the e--e--evening!

Doc: Okay that's it.

*hits Nog with a hammer so that blood spills all around*

Doc: The bad news then... You suffer, beside your overt madness, from a rare syndrom called Europeanismus narcolepticus. It means you will fall in a deep sleep quite so soon...

*starts staring Nog in the eye and swinging a pendulum in front of his eyes*

Nog (resignedly): Beautiful, beautiful soup...

*hits Nog to a head with a hammer, more blood around*

Nog (hardly audible): Beautiful soup! Who cares for fish,
Game, or any other dish...

Doc: Nuu-urse! Nuu-urse! Get this weirdo to room 9, will you?
Stop! Stop! I'll go mad! Mad, I tell you!

...Oh, wait, I already am.

Carry on, then.

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-04-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: typo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #73
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
What we should do is ask everyone what they'd do if they were wolves, and the ones who do the exact opposite are the actual wolves.
What a wonderful plan! But then of course the wolves would do exactly what they said they would so that they look good, so then we have to lynch the ones who do what they say they would do.

Quote:
What's the point in listing the captain obvious stats? Really no point in making tentative, cautious voting, because there's a better chance for the lynch to be a good result, a high chance it'd be bad but only be a flesh wound, and a very minimal chance at a terrible lynch.
Yay for optimism!!!

I really have to do homework, I'll keep popping on and off for the next little while. Once this assignment is done I'll skim through and try to establish some suspicions.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #74
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

I went back to see what Nerwen actually said in the beginning and am a bit less enthusiastic in voting her. What Pitch summed up in his resumé was in a way correct but Nerwen's actual comments are not actually that much driving the discussion towards Boro but more like just reacting to things said just before.

But to see Pitch being the main source of my heightened suspicion of Nerwen makes me actually raise my eyebrow. A coincidence?

The sudden reaction to my throw-away mention looks suspicious to me (I think it was clear I was suspecting other people more and it was just a mentioning of a possibility). But both Pitch and Lottie went for it immediately.

If one of you two (Pitch & Lottie) is a wolf willing to make friends with an ordo, I'd say it would be Pitch. You have defended her from quite early on with no actual suspicions flying on her and with no good arguments as to why you "trust" her that much.

Then again I see Nerwen posting and adamantly avoiding any talk about her even if she comments my posts...

You guys make me crazy!

Wait... I am crazy already. Does it mean you make me sane again?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #75
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Now that's really helpful, thank you.And that right after making a really good point about wolf strategy in this game. (Yes, Nog and wilwa, I've noted your objections, but I'm not quite convinced yet.)
But d'you know what, Nerwen, this mixture of perfect sense and madness is getting on my nerves...

(x-ed with wilwa)
Old 03-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #76
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Wait... I am crazy already. Does it mean you make me sane again?
'Fraid not, crazy can't cancel out crazy, that just makes you crazy-squared.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #77
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
this mixture of perfect sense and madness is getting on my nerves...
The game is working it's theme quite beautifully... beautifully... beautiful Soup!
Old 03-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #78
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I did not see anything in Boro's post that looked nefarious.
If there was something to it, then ha; otherwise o.O

Another note about Clowns, and a bit of a fun story. When I was a younger lass; I walked into an arcade with my sister, and the gal behind the counter ran from me. I thought it odd, I did not know her and I am just a young kid, why would I warrant a running away from. I guess she was terrified of clowns, and I had been wearing a sweatshirt with a clown on it. I found it amusing. xD

I do not think it far fetched to say that the majority of posts toDay will be filled with banter that perhaps far surpasses the typical crazy antics of first Days. So things being exploded out of proportion every which way, is I think overoffensive or overdefensive. Whichever way the Jester hat jingles.

I disagree with the sentiment that you can never have too much joking. If the amount of joking is weighted against the actual playing, and is found to be heavier; then it is a bad time we will have in catching the wolves. As it means people can just hide behind the joke aspect of the game, which includes the wolves and cobblers. Then it will mean a tougher time distinguishing between actual joking around and showboat joking. Savvy? (I felt the need of a pirate ending to that statement.)

Yossarian
Old 03-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #79
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I think the last cigarette didn't make me any wiser, and the clock ticks... tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic...

(Yes Sally, there's a lavatory that is not guarded and where one can smoke without the guards noticing... made me feel like a teenager again!)

I'd like to vote you Boro indeed!

If for nothing else, then to make you speak your mind at last and not get away with it just defending yourself and being smart & agreeable on general issues.

You have been around, you have been nice, cool and reasonable - and defending. And you have also avoided all possible controversies. Your suspicions? None.

If you're a wolf, then your points I have appreaciated about the wolves being very much able to play together in this kind of game turn out quite cynical points where you loved trying to lead us astray while knowing how the things are...
Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #80
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I'd say this is pretty open:

Quote:
Quote:
If one of you two (Pitch & Lottie) is a wolf willing to make friends with an ordo, I'd say it would be Pitch. You have defended her from quite early on with no actual suspicions flying on her and with no good arguments as to why you "trust" her that much.
*shrugs* I can't tell. He could be slipping into being Mr. Agreeable again, but I'm not sure. I'd like to look at him more toMorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I disagree with the sentiment that you can never have too much joking. If the amount of joking is weighted against the actual playing, and is found to be heavier; then it is a bad time we will have in catching the wolves. As it means people can just hide behind the joke aspect of the game, which includes the wolves and cobblers. Then it will mean a tougher time distinguishing between actual joking around and showboat joking. Savvy? (I felt the need of a pirate ending to that statement.)
The statement about joking? 'Twas a joke, dear.