The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
WW LXXIII: Arkham Asylum: Reception desk(adm thread)

Batman looked back at joker as he rushed towards the asylum. Joker simply responded with some giggles and coughs. "It's too easy," Batman whispered under his breath.

Joker had acute hearing, "You caught me fair and square. HeHeHAHAHA Fair HAHAHA you have all your little toys don't you it's hardly fair all I had was the laughing gas, the machine guns, the gasoline, the fire.... hmmm I suppose it Was a fair fight afterall."

"Be Quiet!" Batman pulled up to the Asylumn doors and dragged Joker into the Dark Damp Hospital.

"I feel like I'm coming home, this place reminds me of home you know. Want to know where I grew up?" Joker ratled on about his abusive parents and how they made him live in the celler the only food he had were the rats he caught. It wasa lie of course. Batman wondered if Joker even knew his real past anymore.

Com. Gordon Was filling out the paperwork to commit the madman. "Batman I'm glad you're here and with Joker as well!" Batman nodded. "We'll take him from here."

"No I'm going with him." Batman wouldn't leave his bounty in the hands of amateurs.

"Coming to Tuck me in? Isn't that so nice?" Joker looked at the Guards, "Bats got a bit of a Batcrush on me. Come here give me a kiss!" He puckered his deformed painted lips, Batman just emitted a low growl, "What? Oh must be the scars, let me tell you how I got them!" He rambled once again about some story about him and his scorned lover. They began the slow descent into the mad colony.

A Video Screen popped up. The Warden always welcomed newcomers via video recording however this wasn't the Warden it was Joker.

"Hello Bats! Welcome to Arkham Asylum I have a fun game for you today! It's Simply in the lower levels lay 16 people:

four(4) Guards: Who have no function other than to protect the loonies!
four(4) Patients: All Clinicly insane some even think I'm their mommy isn't that cute?
These 8 are the innocents. Too bad they'll probably die because we have

three(3) 'Bad Guys' Penguin, Croc, and Poison Ivy! All they want is to kill the innocents and you! Every Night They kill one person every day the whole level keills one person hoping it's a bad guy.

We also have Two-Face Mr. Dent couldn't make up his mind to help us or help you He's a cobbler of sorts he counts as an innocent but I wouldn't trust anything he says, Just make sure the Baddies don't get to him first because he'll probably be persuaded to work with them. HAHAHAHA Imagine a Lawyer you Can't trust who would've Thunk it Eh?

The Riddler wanted in too. He wanted to try and figure out everyone's identity. Every Night He'll get a riddle about the person of his Choosing when He deciphers it It'll let him know their identity!

Two, Shall we say... Lovers? Scare Face and The Ventriloquist! Who controls whom? I don't know but they're neutral as long as they help each other out. If one of them dies though the other exacts revenge!

That leaves one more player... You Bats! HAHAHAHA Every night you get to protect one person not the same person more than one night in a row that wouldn't be fair! But the poor helpless blubbering moron you protect won't come to any harm! I Swear. As you know Bats I'm a man of my word. By the way I've learned a new magic trick want to see? Just look around you HAHAHAHA!" The screen blackened Batman spun around Joker was gone from the elevator the guards were all dead. Batman was never the wiser he wondered how the Joker did it. As he examined the elevator A hastily scrawled note said 'A Magician never reveals his trick.'

Batman slammed the door he'd have to play the Joker's game to get back out.

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 02-21-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok: To clarify Joker's rant here's how it works;

8 Ordos: 4 Guards 4 Patients (The titles only matter in narration

2 'Wolves': Penguin, Croc, and Poison Ivy They work the same as wolves the deaths only differ based on who they as a group decide who gets the kill.
Example: We have decided to kill Morsul tonight and we want Penguin to do it. Ok Morsul dies from inhaling poison shot from Penguin's umbrella.

One 'Cobbler': Two Face is a Cobbler he counts amongst to innocents.

1 Ranger Batman he can protect one person per night not the same person twice in a row cannot protect self after all batman cares for other people too much.

lynchees will be handed over to Joker. Joker will do all executions. The only kills otherwise are bad guys and revenge kills.

10/10

Pitch- Room 6
Wilwa- Room 3
Nerwen-Room 2
Kitanna-Room 1
Loslote-Room 7
Glirdan-Room 5
Isabel-Bunking with nerwen
Sally-Room 4
Boro-Room 4536377883
Nogrod-Room 9

I am Joker. Unplanned events may occur seeing as he is chaotic.

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 02-28-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

oh right!

Deadlines!

GMT 1AM that makes it midnight here in the eastern US
Old 02-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'd like to check into this hospitable establishment. Could I have Room No. 6, please?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
DL is positively awful for me, and this week is the single most unpredictable week of the year.

So sign me up, but with a question mark. I want to play, but I don't know if I can.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Bah, even though I'm busy beyond belief, I can see if I can scrounge up enough energy for another game. So put me down with a question mark and I'll play it be ere really.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
1AM, you say?

Sign me up with a question mark.

edit: x-ed wi' th' last 2
Old 02-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
One 'Cobbler': Two Face is a Cobbler he counts amongst to innocents UNLESS he is attacked by the wolves he then becomes one of them his function will remain the same except he now has a known team.
Question: Is Two Face a Cursed Cobbler, like I was last game, or is xem a normal cobbler who wants the wolves to win and becomes known to the wolves if they attack xem but does not become a wolf themself, or is xem a normal Cursed? Also, does xem know they are Two Face?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I guess cursed cobbler is better description because once attacked their status is wolf and yes they know they're Two Face
Old 02-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Sign me up for room number 3 please!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I feel the itch to play. Sign me up please.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #12
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
I guess cursed cobbler is better description because once attacked their status is wolf and yes they know they're Two Face
Then it is the same role Lottie had last game? Wow, that was a pain in the neck... but at least we know about it this time.

Anyway, sign me up. I don't really have time, but when has that ever stopped me?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #13
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Then it is the same role Lottie had last game? Wow, that was a pain in the neck... but at least we know about it this time.
You're telling me! I'm the one who got turned into a werewolf. Talk about pain in the neck.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #14
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
You're telling me! I'm the one who got turned into a werewolf. Talk about pain in the neck.
Oh, I felt for you, my dear, believe me. You were much worse off than a normal Cursed, having already brought yourself to my attention as a cobbler... reminded me a bit of the time I got made cobbler halfway through Day One, after I'd been an innocent ordo trying to look like the cobbler to confuse the baddies.

–Morsul, just out of curiosity, why is the "Batman" role listed as "Priest" instead of "Ranger"?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #15
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

because it was priest in the first game I played and I forgot which one was the right term
Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #16
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Oh, I felt for you, my dear, believe me. You were much worse off than a normal Cursed, having already brought yourself to my attention as a cobbler... reminded me a bit of the time I got made cobbler halfway through Day One, after I'd been an innocent ordo trying to look like the cobbler to confuse the baddies.
Mm, yeah. I was more thinking literally, though. Or maybe that's vampires...
Old 02-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #17
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post

Kitanna is playing!? Okay, this I CAN'T miss out on!! It's been far too long!! I'm in!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #18
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*signs up*
Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #19
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Okay, I'm definitely in...but I plan to die by Day 2, and if I'm not dead by then, I shall be very vexed. And I have no idea how much I'll be able to post (probably not as much as usual) but I'll try to get on whenever I can...
Old 02-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #20
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
*gasps, faints*

Quote:
Oi, oi, oi!

Quote:
Haha! That wins!

Erm, I'll sign up with a question mark. I'm not sure which time you actually mean because 8 p.m. ET is deliciously perfect for me but 1 a.m. GMT would rather suck (as I'd be busy on some nights and wouldn't be around much during DL time). Could you clarify which one it is please? Thankies!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #21
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I'm not sure which time you actually mean because 8 p.m. ET is deliciously perfect for me but 1 a.m. GMT would rather suck (as I'd be busy on some nights and wouldn't be around much during DL time). Could you clarify which one it is please? Thankies!
Isn't it both? Your dl was 3am GMT, (6pm my time), and his is two hours earlier, (4pm my time), and ECT is four hours ahead of my time, which would also make it 4pm my time...if that did not make sense, you're probably sane, but my point is I think it's the same time.

Right?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #22
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1am GMT, should be 8pm EST. Not midnight EST.

Is perhaps what she meant.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 AM   #23
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post

Oh! Well, if that's what she meant, then I certainly agree!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #24
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Mm, yeah. I was more thinking literally, though. Or maybe that's vampires...
*slaps self for being dense* Actually I think werewolves can bite you anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
because it was priest in the first game I played and I forgot which one was the right term
Ah. Mind if I suggest you make it Ranger as usual, then, to avoid confusion?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #25
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I mean Midnight ET... The thing on the bottom of the screen says "all times GMT -5" and the time at leas Was an hour ahead it seems right now.

I mean Midnight ET
Old 02-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #26
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I'm Baker Act-ing myself.

(in FLorida-not sure if it's a state or national term-one can have family member put in a mental hospital for observations (for 72 hours) if they feel that person is a threat to themself and/or others).
Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #27
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post

Yuppers.

Quote:
I mean Midnight ET... The thing on the bottom of the screen says "all times GMT -5" and the time at leas Was an hour ahead it seems right now.

I mean Midnight ET

Whee! Okay I think I can pull that off. Lol I've been staying up again recently so that should work out.

*changes back to her Joker icon*
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #28
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:

I mean Midnight ET
Yayness! I can play much more than I thought I'd be able to. Much better dl!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #29
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:

I mean Midnight ET
So that's 5am GMT, right? OK... Expect me to vote about 6 hours early then, but otherwise that's fine with me.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:50 AM   #30
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Need 6 more people! Come on folks it's going to be fun!
Old 02-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #31
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

By the way, Morsul, where's Robin?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:05 AM   #32
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I can not confirm nor deny whether robin shall appear
Old 02-24-2010, 07:12 AM   #33
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If no one else signs up soon I may ave to lighten the roles and make the game smaller which wouldn't be a problem....

We CAN do it with 10 people the lovers.... Twoface.... and two ordo's would have to go.... and the riddler

So ASSUMING no one else jons the game wouls be
3 wolves
1 ranger
6 ordos sound ok to everyone?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #34
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
If no one else signs up soon I may ave to lighten the roles and make the game smaller which wouldn't be a problem....

We CAN do it with 10 people the lovers.... Twoface.... and two ordo's would have to go.... and the riddler

3 wolves
1 ranger
Well your admin thread's only been up for like three days so I'd give it a bit more time. That and I think there's a signup on the T-I-G thread. Just sayin'.

I'll see if I can drag in a few people.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #35
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

I agree with Sally. Maybe wait until the weekend atleast. If by then no one else has signed up then I think a smaller game would be fine, kind of nice actually since most of the last few games have been quite large, small games can be very interesting.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #36
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I agree with Sally. Maybe wait until the weekend atleast. If by then no one else has signed up then I think a smaller game would be fine, kind of nice actually since most of the last few games have been quite large, small games can be very interesting.

*adores Wilwa's icon*

Oh, and I'm too lazy to read through right now (busy, sorry) but if Room 4's not taken I'd like to make myself at home, please.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #37
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
3 wolves
1 ranger
Hmmm... with 7 innocents vs 3 wolves, the village will have to lynch a wolf within two Days, or it's game over (barring a stellar ranger performance). That's tough, but who says life is fair?
Alternatively, what about 2 wolves + a Cursed Cobbler? Without a Seer, I don't think the odds against the wolves would be too bad, or would they?
Generally, I agree that a smaller game could be fun, but let's wait till, say, Friday or Saturday, in case a few people just haven't found their way to the reception desk yet. A village of 12 or 13 still wouldn't be overlarge, and if there are no more sign-ups till then, go ahead with 10 players and 2-3 wolves.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #38
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
*adores Wilwa's icon*

Oh, and I'm too lazy to read through right now (busy, sorry) but if Room 4's not taken I'd like to make myself at home, please.
Thanks!

Yay, we're neighbours!!!

Yeah, if we're down to 10 players 2 wolves might be fairer. But waiting would probably be good.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #39
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I want room 7 please!!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #40
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Thanks!

Yay, we're neighbours!!!
*fears*

No wild parties, okay? I mean it. I won't stand for that nonsense.

(Unless I'm invited of course.)