Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #1801
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No problem. I'll change my post to have Haleth and his men leave without taking Rilef with them. That's about as simple a fix as I can devise.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #1802
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
What is needed to help my fellow rpg writers to post?
Old 06-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #1803
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Consistent Internet access.

That won't happen until I get a new computer. Long story.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #1804
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
Consistent Internet access.
Sorry, can't help there.

I'm planning on moving "time" forward a good bit next time. That means retrospective writing. In other words, expect a jump of at least a month. Your first post on the new day will therefore be a retrospective post, in which your character thinks - or talks about with another character (PM built post opportunity) - about the events of the past month. These will include:
  • a last rites ritual for Rilef
  • Eodwine holding court during which time will occur the trial (and later the execution) of Ulric and Withold
  • the fate of Ghem
  • the degree to which Rowenna and Elián fit (or not) into the EMH
  • more conflict between Thornden and Falco (or not)
  • more conflict between Garmund and Cnebba (or not)
  • perhaps more events that I can't think of because you will

The current date at the EMH is May 24, Fourth Age year 15 (this rpg started on New Year's Day of year 15 which is March 25). We've spent posts #469 to the current post running three days straight, and it's time to make a jump.

Please respond with any concerns, questions, ideas, and so forth. Thanks!

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-20-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #1805
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Time to write without RL-hindrances...

But as I said, I will be back after the Midsummer Eve's parties the next weekend are over. Rest assured I will post then more frequently. That's a promise.

Celuien: what do you think, should we press on with the gap between Garmund & Cnebba or should we more or less heal it? We probably should make their relation somewhat better now as the chance was there (with the lambs and the fight at the ruins) and I don't see what kind of a mess we should throw them in to give them another one...
Old 06-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #1806
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
I knew you were bound to ask that sooner or later...

I was going to post here that Kath and I are PM-building a post for Ginna and Kara leading up to the women meeting the arrivals. We're still on it. Please wait patiently for us again...
Old 06-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #1807
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Cool! I'll wait somewhat patiently. (Eager to see what comes of it).
Old 06-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #1808
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
I will try to get something up there today from Elián.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #1809
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Should we press on with the gap between Garmund & Cnebba or should we more or less heal it?
I'm all for healing it. They've squabbled enough, and besides, Garmund isn't anywhere near thinking about a fight right now because of the events surrounding Rilef.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #1810
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

The wait is over; our post is up. Thanks for the patience.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #1811
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Now it's my turn to beg for patience! I had hoped to get a post written yesterday but couldn't find the time to write. I will try to have something up there no later than tomorrow. After that, I will be clear for the time change.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #1812
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm stuck in a massive rut that I can't seem to get out of. I think it's mostly writer's block. So, if I don't post before everyone else is done posting, just move in without me. Sorry.

-- Folwren
Old 06-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #1813
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I was a little disappointed that Lhuna's post ended where it did; I had been hoping for some interaction between Kara & Ginna and the others. That's just me. Maybe Garreth will be needed to break the ice. Certainly not Harreld. And Falco is in a rather subdued mood. Maybe people's writer's blocks or diffidence has to do with the funereal nature of the current storyline?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #1814
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Interaction...regarding Rilef's death? Or before their arrival? If it's the latter, it was my fault for breaking off the conversation before Kara asks Ginna more...sensitive questions. If it's the former, well, I'm sure the two of them would like some interaction with the men. For my part maybe it is diffidence. But I'm sorry you were a bit disappointed.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 06-24-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #1815
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I'm sorry you were a bit disappointed.
Don't be. It was a very, very mild case. It simply means that I'm eager to see more of your writing. I'll give it until this evening, and if something hasn't been posted by then I'll probably do a little bit of narrating to move the plot along and get people to a more comfortable point for interaction.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:00 AM   #1816
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I didn't get a chance to write anything last night. I'll try for something today, but if someone beats me to it, that's fine.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:49 AM   #1817
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Summer is quite dificult for me. I'm always somewhere else than home (okay, I could have written something a few weeks ago). Now I'm going to Berlin for a few days and then, just less than a week after that, I'll be going to see my relatives in eastern Finland. My granny has a net access, but I'm afraid I won't be online very often. Then, I'm going to have a tour in my friend's summer houses and that's two weeks with no net access at all. Then, there's a few days' pause, but then I'm going to be a councellor on a summer camp for a week so... It's til mid-August that I really have time to post, but I might try to come up with something before that (it's just too bad having two regular RPGs goiung on the same time)... So, if Noggie could continue being the main writer of Cnebba and could possibly carry Modtryth along, I'd be glad...
Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #1818
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
So, if Noggie could continue being the main writer of Cnebba and could possibly carry Modtryth along, I'd be glad...
It is so sad you didn't manage to make a post for Cnebba as you intended... But anyhow, I will be able to write him - and to bring Modtryth along if needed but hopefully not - so I guess "ev'ry lil' thing... 's gonna be allright"... (guess what is the reggae-song I'm hearing from the radio at the moment?)

I hope I can be in within a day or two.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #1819
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Just to let you know - I'm going to be out of town next week, and I'm not sure about how much internet access that I'll have.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #1820
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'M HOOOOME! Until next Thursday. And I'm very happy, too.

Cheers!

-- Folwren
Old 06-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #1821
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It would be nice to wrap up the Day this weekend. I'll write a post tomorrow. Probably from Rowenna's pov. I hope it will be after someone else has posted.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:13 PM   #1822
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Heyho...I guess if I really feel like it, I might drag myself out of bed early tomorrow morning and write something for Thornden and/or Javan, just to please you. I'll do my best to post something before you post the last post. Around what time do you think you'll write it?

-- Folwren
Old 06-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #1823
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Eala has plans for a plot twist that I want to allow for, so this Day's going to go on for a 'wee bit' yet.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:33 PM   #1824
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've attached an updated plan for sleeping arrangements. At this point they do not include arrangements for Elián and Rowenna. That remains to be seen. Is there anybody that I missed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mead Hall plan 4.JPG (23.0 KB, 335 views)
Old 06-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #1825
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Here's an overview of how the whole place looks in my mind. Sorry if this wrenches things for your own imaginations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mead Hall plan 5.JPG (31.0 KB, 342 views)
Old 07-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #1826
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Plot Contradiction

Foley, you are using Léof in such a way that, considering my post just before yours, he has to be in two places at the same time. Can you do with just Garwine?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #1827
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. You're right. Sorry. I was thinking...I was thinking incorrectly about something that no longer makes sense, so I won't explain. It was too late in the night to be writing...

I'll fix it. But I have to go help make lunch/dinner now, so it will have to wait a while.

-- Folwren
Old 07-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #1828
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. I edited Leof out of what I have so far, but I'm going to add some more and still have Thornden address him in the end. But I'm needed again, so, I'm afraid I can't do it now.

EDIT: I have now completely edited my post. Does that work better, Elempi?

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 07-01-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #1829
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thanks for the floor plans, Elempi! Those will be very, very helpful to me.

One question: Where's the door to the cellar? Could be very important... Eh, come to think of it, have you got a diagram of the cellars, as well? Or shall I just wing it?

Sorry for my delay in posting, too. I've had way too many irons in the fire this week, but I do have a Ghem post partially written that I hope to finish sometime today.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #1830
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I know I've promised this possibly a few times already, but I will be with the story in a Day or two...

But really all kinds of things have been in the way, mainly unexpected works and enjoying the summer with Lommy & her sis. But now I'm going to be alone in the city for a couple of weeks and should have time also to catch up and take part in here...

See you soon.

I'm looking forwards to this new plot of yours Eala!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #1831
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Revised floorplans

Here are a couple of revised floorplans yet again.

One adds the new stairway down to the cellar, as well as the general location of the paddock, and the new dog yard.

The second maps out the cellar. You will notice "old stairs". These are from when the kitchen was directly behind the mead hall proper. Currently the old stairs are still there, but now they go nowhere. Where the corridor used to enter the kitchen is now part of the alder courtyard, with dirt fill and new grass. But it makes for an interesting feature nonetheless. It's what gives old homes their curiosity factor, eh?

Turns out the cellar is bigger than I expected. But one could say that it's bigger than Eodwine and his friends expected, but necessary because the old cellar was smaller and right beneath the kitchen; it made no sense to block off the old cellar, so the new cellar became an extension of the old. The fact that it never entered anyone's posts is just one of those things, I suppose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mead Hall plan 5.JPG (35.9 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg Mead Hall plan 6.JPG (38.8 KB, 322 views)
Old 07-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #1832
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

1420!

Oh, that's great. Thanks, Elempi! Now I'm glad that I missed my own deadline for finishing my post on Tuesday. This helps a lot!!

I'll try to get my post out there today, if at all possible.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #1833
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Okay, gang... the great escape has begun! The outlaws are still in the cellar in case anyone wants to get in on this. I will wait a day or so for others to post -- or let me know that they intend to post -- before I take the outlaws to the next step.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #1834
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

As I now have time I would be happy to put Stigend in with this mess. After all he has to be a streetwise person as he has managed to get a living as a wandering smith with a half-Dunleding wife and an odd looking kid (think of the situations they would have to have managed...) - and anyhow he has been serving at the men at arms in his youth so he might be able to do a thing or two even if he isn't a professional...

I'm catching up with you, something like a page left to read and then I'm up to it.

And anyhow, Stigend has this far being mostly a nice father who overprotects his son and is all flovers and peace. But there sure is another side to him as well, coming all the way from his childhood insistence of making his own mind and even defying his family. As I kind of missed the last action-part because of RL business I'd love to give it a more decent try this time.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #1835
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Looking forward to your post!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #1836
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ealasaide View Post
Looking forward to your post!
Thanks. But I think we need a starter from you anyways... and maybe some of the others would like to post as well before it?

I've done my "approach-post" now with getting the people under my guardianship to the place (yes, Lommy gave me the right to use Modtryth as I see fit - let's hope she will not be angry with my way of portraing her character here).

But maybe a post from lmp or Foley or something before the action really begins? Anyhow something has to happen before the people realise that the prisoners are not where they're supposed to be...
Old 07-07-2007, 01:54 AM   #1837
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

It just occurred to me - does Thornden's wounded hand need any tending? I know someone who could possibly relate to the pain.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:11 AM   #1838
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Sorry, this has been a very busy week for me between 53 hours of work and my wife's family in town for Independence Day festivities and trying to catch up on an rpg I've been invited to join late. I hope to get caught up here by the end of today.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #1839
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Thanks. But I think we need a starter from you anyways... and maybe some of the others would like to post as well before it?
Oh, yes... that's what I had in mind. I thought that anyone who might like to get in on the Escape Scenario might want to write posts setting their characters into position for getting involved in subsequent action.

My next post would start the actual action of the escape, once I know where everyone is and what they are up to.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #1840
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
It just occurred to me - does Thornden's wounded hand need any tending? I know someone who could possibly relate to the pain.
Oh. I totally forgot about his hand. Whoops. Yes, that thing'll need tending to sometime or other. I'll have to write it later...or something...

-- Folwren