The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #41
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Oh my! How pathetic!

What I mean, let's do something people! There are two grand-scale football games today and I guess many of us will be away from this game to follow them.
Fie! certainly not the cats however are most intrigued by events in London SW19 and I had to see Mr Agassi for as long as I could bear it, and remember the days when he could "make the sky rain diamonds". Mr Murray..watching that is too traumatic... so I shall be around for a while but yes this is a masochistic game to play if you are of an anxious disposition...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #42
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Frankly, I'm most suspicious at the moment of Kuruharan. He's said enough for a presence, but I don't think any of it has been meaningful.

And his bit on "useful" and "not-useful" people...which, exactly, are which? Look at our camp rolls...everyone here, to my mind, falls into the useful category.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #43
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Valier, while I have undeniable evil tendencies, I resent being lumped together with 5 others on the 'Baddies' side when there are but 3 wolves.

Formendacil, your stance is just so puzzling. There's oodles to think about here. You just have to wait until quite near the end of Day One.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #44
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Why do these football matches have to go to overtime & penalty shoot-outs all the time? (And have both metaphysically & poetically the "wrong results"!)

And it greatly distracts werewolf-playing...

A quick one first.

Kitanna has made me quite alarmed of her. Her way of bringing this quite ungrounded (surely it's thinkable) "loose theory" of Form, Roa & myself just in passing (but repeated) - and in the end not acting on it, but taking the "safe vote" for Glirdy seems quite wolvish to me. So she wishes to cast suspicion over some active players (Roa and me) linking them with somene who has been suspected already (Form), and then actually votes for another largely suspected one (Glirdy), cleaning her tracks nicely.

Back soon as I get to read a few things more carefully.

EDIT: X-posted with a couple of posts
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #45
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
and Morm always takes it personally that people don't like being told what to do.
I love the stigma I have attached to me that I take everything personally . I realize the irony in saying this too. No Jenny I put forward a simple plan to get things moving and it helped. I know that nobody ever buys into these plans on day 1 because some think that the person with the plan must be a wolf otherwise why would a plan be presented. Others feel it short-sighted, and some have this crazy notion that because an idea is presented that person must want to control everybody in the village and nobody think for themselves.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #46
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry for the double..didn't want to edit.

I think the Formendacil campaign is borderline madness. I really don't see him as a wolf but rather as plain old Formen Day 1 hater and active at telling us so.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #47
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I'm going to go ahead and vote...

++ Eomer of the Rohirrim

Mainly because he's not been around...much, and I can't think of anything better to do. I don't really want to join the Signore Formendacil bandwagon (although, mama mia, if he does turn out to be a wolf that will be awkward). I'm even less comfortable with the Signore Glirdan campaign.

WARNING: Vote under pressure and may change with little warning.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #48
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh Valier has out me on the baddie list ...don't know whether to be flattered or insulted. Not yet on form clearly but at least I am in good company. Or perhaps really bad company. However, I can't help but think that her vote for Form is reasonable enough for day one (ref my earlier post) however as another Canadian he may have RL concerns too. However Wolves are not above voting for a colleaugue who has become conspicuous. Hmm. This is a very quiet camp and so today is likely to be fairly random. Huncehs may be the only way to go..

teh positive aspect of having such a strong group of players is at least it should discourage lazy voting. In many games there is a player or two who people can persuade themselves to vote for not because they find them especially suspicious but because they find them confusing, and if they turn out to be innocent there is at least the small grief-dividend that at least that person won't be around to mess with their heads.... I hope noone will vote too casually. I am uneasy about Form but I don't know if I am uneasy enopugh to vote for him yet. Of course if he ends up being the person who makes me most uneasy .....

OK know even I thinkI am rambling... will read again and hope theere is new material

As for your questions Noggin : 1, Dont know/care. 2, my grief is controllable 3, no it doesn't

Old 07-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #49
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So far we are here:

Formendacil 3 (Glirdan I, Roa IV, Valier VII)
Nogrod 1 (Macalaure II)
Glirdan 2 (Morm III, Kitanna VI)
Mormegil 1 (Eomer V)
Eomer 1 (Kuru VIII)

My guts say that Form is innocent. But Roa had a good point on her analysis on him and that's why I'm not sure. (Well, when one is sure about anything in a WW-game?)

Glirdan seems to be his normal self too. A bit careless and making odd turns and twists when he goes.

But of the other votees right now I know myself to be innocent and am inclined to view Morm as an innocent too.
----------------
EDIT: Eomer fits in the description of maintaining a presence but not actually saying anything. Good wolf tactics.
----------------
Kind of a dilemma here? At least for me it is...

Both Glirdy and Macalaure have thrown in the "random-vote" -stuff. That I always find suspicious, because - as Form has called repeatedly - the voting record is quite important thing. By claiming to use a random-vote one kind of washes his/her hands from the vote made. Very wolvish or at least wolf-helping... (think of everyone just saying their votes were random on Day1!)

I talked about my uneasiness about Kitanna in my earlier post.

I also share my worries with Jenny about Kuruharan. Being present but said little (that description surely is shared by many others), but Kuru's masquerade bothers me a bit - it might be just good fun (and I would be first to appreciate it as such), but as I said earlier, masks are the wolves best friends.

Some Brasil - France now and then back again...
Old 07-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #50
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
For now, at least, I'm going to vote

++Kuruharan

May change. Not sure.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #51
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Nogrod, may I ask just what makes the things most other players have been saying so much more fantastical and important than what I have said? It's true, I've not said too much. Though there may be much to think about on Day One, there's only so much original stuff any one player can inject into proceedings. As far as I can see, I have hit upon an idea (about Morm's vote) that no-one else has. So how does that make me "not saying anything"?

And I've deliberately kept my posts short and clear so that people might be tempted to consider what's in them. Too many words muddy the waters.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #52
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Nogrod, may I ask just what makes the things most other players have been saying so much more fantastical and important than what I have said?
You may be right, but I'll answer you tomorrow if we are still alive then. Now I have to decide on a vote.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #53
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Bah!

I should have been back earlier... but life is life and I make no apologies for not being around.

Well, I really don't want to die... so I really seem to have one choice for voting: Glirdan.

So be it:

++ Glirdan

But I'd really rather not vote for him...

On that note, a quick scan of the rules didn't reveal a tie-breaking formula for lynching? Is it the classic first-one-to-the-top gets voted? Or the reverse (last one to get the most votes)?

Obviously, I'd prefer the latter.

Ten minutes and then not quite that many... Curses!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #54
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

At least we have spread the votes considerably!

I'm not so happy to join lynching of Form - or making it Glirdan either. I'm inclined to think them both innocent.

As there seems to be no other viable chances of making a difference, I'll go with my suspicion

++ Kitanna

EDIT: X-posted with Form
Old 07-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #55
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I'm not so happy to join lynching of Form - or making it Glirdan either. I'm inclined to think them both innocent.
Well, to indulge in a little last-minute panicking (seriously, I've had a bad run of early WW deaths lately that I'd like to get out of...), and to be a little sarcastic here... if the normal WW No-Doubling-Lynchings convention is followed and the first person to reach the maximum number of votes is lynched, then by NOT voting for Glirdan, you've essentially done the same thing as vote for me.

The village may wish to take note of that, following my death- and assuming I'm guessing the rules aright.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #56
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I know, but I believe Glirdan innocent too...

Yes, the question of acting or omitting, the curse of those who vote late...
Old 07-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #57
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
I know, but I believe Glirdan innocent too...

Yes, the question of acting or omitting, the curse of those who vote late...
Psst....

You can retract your vote!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #58
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Psst....

You can retract your vote!
I think it's being more up to those who have voted either of you two...
Old 07-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #59
Formendacil
Dead Serious

The Last Words of Formendacil:

Morm is Innocent.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #60
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

--
Nogtrod

++Glirdan

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-01-2006 at 02:02 PM. Reason: clear line for vote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #61
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Everyone stop posting, the day is done.
The story will be up in a few.

** It should be noted that Mithalwen and I cross posted/post-editted (I'm a slow typist), so her vote change will be included in the proceedings of the day.

Last edited by Valesse; 07-01-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #62
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

sORRY EVERYONE I MEANT TO POST NEW NOT EDIT TO CHANGE MY VOTE ...PANNICKED IN ERROR

Old 07-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #63
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

or RATEHR ERRED IN PANIC...BUT GUESS TOO LATE EEK...

Old 07-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #64
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Greaving over the loss of a talented Spoonist and his accompaning accordion player, the campers were not statisfied by mearly disposing of the bodies and playing Taps (Which was already quite a feat for Kitanna, the didgeridoo playing hermit.) and openly discussed their personal feelings of that day. Not any more but a few words into his rant Formendacil started stirring up his fellow campers albeit not entirely on purpose, but only to rally his point.

"As useful as theme music to the hempin' jig, if ye ask me" growlled Dread Pirate Formendacil.
Astonished, Glidan jumped in "How could you even form those words together?!" before he could say anymore, distraught with the brashness of it all, he sat back down holding his head.
"I'm sure we can figure out who did this... logically," chimed in Mormegil, while striking his triangle joyfully, "It'll take more than poetic lynching referances, though."
"A vote, then?" Roa_Aoife mused, eyeing the crowd miserably struming her double necked electric guitar.

The other campers agreed and then went about questioning just what would determine the wolves and what kind of behavior could they expect to... expect when Mormegil snapped his fingers "What if I were to uncloak... the wolves would be--"

"NO!" cried the crowd. "It's bad enough when cannon characters do it," grumbled Kitanna who had been busying herself trying to open a can of beans.

"I can't stand this anymore... it doesn't set well with me..." Glirdan stood and pointed at Formendacil. "You must be the wolf! Music goes with everything, even the first day of a particuarlly involved hempin' jig! You're the wolf"
"Am not." retorted Formendacil.

Eomer stood and raised his hands in the air, asking for silence. "How about we write down one name each.. and put it in this drinking stein.. Whoever's name shows up the most is obviously the most suspicious and therefore the wolf. Sound fair?"
The campers shruged, nodded, and went about finding the camp leader's music sheets... as they did not want to ruin their own. Once each person dropped their paper into the stein, Kuruharan read them out loud.

"A tie?" Valier whispered, "Now what?"
"I suppose we lynch them both..." studdered JennyHallu.

Instantly the campers started hooting and hollering-- though it should be noted that there was a definite beat there-in the chaos-- Macalaure grabbed both men by the arms and pulled them to Formendacil's pipe organ.

"String them up!" shouted JennyHallu waving her wind harp in the air.
"Wait!" Mithalwen grabbed the stein, and pulled out the last piece of paper. "It was stuck to the bottom! You really ought to have washed this first, Eomer..."
All eyes were on her, breathlessly waiting (in particular, Glirdan and Formendacil, as muscians are not known to be very gifted in the art of hanging people) "...Well... What does it say?" asked Valier at last.
"Glirdan."

Struggling for his life, Glirdan called out to his fellow musicians for mercy. "You have the wrong chair! Heavens! You have the wrong SECTION!" He broke free and rushed for his tent, hoping to at least get his sheet music before escaping the camp site, but in his haste tripped and impailled himself on a music stand. In the awkward moments that followed, the camp members stared at the musicians corpse. "I guess it wasn't Glirdan" Mithalwen stammered. A little late, but then again, violas normally are.

The Living:
Roa_Aoife- trick pilot, double-necked electric guitar.
Valier- town pickler, piccolo.
Macalaure- unskilled inventor of of funny fake occupation ideas, on the verge of bankruptcy, tuba
Mithalwen- cat-herder, viola
JennyHallu- street corner doom-sayer, Aeolian wind harp
Nogrod- idle fantasist, tin whistle
Mormegil- non-practicing wizard, triangle
Formendacil- pirate, pipe organ
Eomer of the Rohirrim- publican, double-bass
Kitanna- hermit, didgeridoo
Glirdan- town musician, sax
Kuruharan- condottieri, flute

The Dead:
Valesse- Master Accordionist (Mod) stabbed with A Sharp key.
Gil-Galad- Artisan spoon player (Mod) choked on his musical spoons.
Glirdan- town musician, sax (Ordo) impailed on his music stand.

Last edited by Valesse; 07-01-2006 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #65
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The night seemed much longer, and not nearly as restful as the one before, now with everyone's minds on the werewolves and Glirdan's death. Slowly, however, sleep overcame each of the camp members, and before they knew it, the dim sun was shining as brightly as it could through the many layers of frigid fog.

Quietly the campers emerged from their tents, hesitant to see what the night had left them. It wasn't until breakfast was served that they had reliezed Formendacil was not leaving his abode. "You don't think..." Nogrod started.
With a frown Valier said "We should check, at least."

His tent was in shambles... barely able to hold itself up. Inside it was as disorganized as one might expect the housing of a pirate should be with the minor exception of the pipe organ which was obviously obsessively cleaned by it's owner who had found his short drop and sudden stop on it's piping.

"A yardarm." Kuruharan gasped. "How...befitting for a pirate."
JennyHallu crossed her arms "We... should get him down from there."

Most of the campers had completely forgotten about breakfast, least it seemed a far less important part of their lives now to eat than it was to bury Dread Pirate Formendacil. Mithalwen gave a short speech, mostly attributed to what little she knew of him. Has humbly as she could she uttered "The organ is the instrument of worship for in its sounding we sense the Majesty of God and in its ending we know the Grace of God." with a bowed head.

Macalaure furrowed his brows and sniffed loudly. "If only there -were- theme music to the hemp'n jig, at least we would have heard it..."
"Everyone... come look at this!" Mormegil called, he had been in the back of the crowd around the grave, and noticed a magizine which had been flung out of Formendacil's tent. "it's from Seer's Roebuck..."
"That means... Formendacil was a..." gulped Eomer.
"Formendacil was a seer." cried Roa_Aoife.

The Living:
Roa_Aoife- trick pilot, double-necked electric guitar.
Valier- town pickler, piccolo.
Macalaure- unskilled inventor of of funny fake occupation ideas, on the verge of bankruptcy, Tuba
Mithalwen- cat-herder, viola
JennyHallu- street corner doom-sayer, Aeolian wind harp
Nogrod- idle fantasist, tin whistle
Mormegil- non-practicing wizard, triangle
Formendacil- pirate, pipe organ
Eomer of the Rohirrim- publican, double-bass
Kitanna- hermit, didgeridoo
Glirdan- town musician, sax
Kuruharan- condottieri, flute

The Dead:
Valesse- Master Accordionist (Mod) stabbed with A Sharp key.
Gil-Galad- Artisan spoon player (Mod) choked on his musical spoons.
Glirdan- town musician, sax (Ordo) impailled on his music stand.
Formendacil- pirate, pipe organ (Seer) hung on a pipe organ yardarm.

"Loo, what sholde a man in thyse dayes now wryte, 'egges' or 'eyren'?" - Caxton, Eneydos
Old 07-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #66
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry for the quasi-random vote of yesterday. Time was against me and I'm just happy to not have caused a Nogrod-bandwaggon. I'm confident of being of more help toDay.

So, just what is it that makes seers act so nervous that they achieve to get themselves revealed or killed already at the first day?
At least we have a known innocent that we can work around now. Bad side of it, Form's death leaves not one trail. Morm, lead the way!

My only and very little suspect right now is Roa. Her jumping at Form was a bit too harsh to me. This is a way a wolf might act, loudly exploiting minor misbehaviours of innocents to make other innocents join the lynch.

Let's see what this Day will bring with it.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #67
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Glirdan voted Formendacil (Formendacil 1)
Macalaure voted Glirdan (Formendacil 1, Glirdan 1)
Mormegil voted Glirdan (Formendacil 1, Glidan 2)
Roa voted Formendacil (Formendacil 2, Glirdan 2)
Eomer voted Mormegil (Formendacil 2, Glirdan 2, Mormegil 1)
Kitanna voted Glirdan (Formendacil 2, Glirdan 3, Mormegil 1)
Valier voted Formendacil (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 3, Mormegil 1)
Kuru voted Eomer (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 3, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1)
Jenny voted Kuru (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 3, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1, Kuru)
Formendacil voted Glirdan (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 4, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1, Kuru 1)
Nogrod voted Kitanna (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 4, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1, Kuru 1, Kitanna 1)
Mithalwen voted Glirdan (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 5, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1, Kuru 1, Kitanna 1)

Yesterday's campaign against Formendacil was silly! Why would we lynch him? Because he doesn't like day 1's? It was madness and we know at least one innocent was in the fray.

Obviously I will die tonight so I will do what I can to help in the time I have.

In my opinion some of the interesting votes yesterday are Roa, Eomer, Valier, Jenny, and Nogrod.

Roa got the Formendacil train into action being the second vote. I generally don't suspect first votes. I don't think there was ever much reason to vote for Formendacil. I think he was trying to look moderately suspicion but never thought he would be lynched.

Eomer's sudden vote for me was interesting though likely he is innocent and saw some evidence, at least there was a little evidence against me albeit being innocent. I believe him innocent but I'm still wary.

Valier, gave a decisive vote for Formendacil at a critical time without any real reasoning whatsoever.

Jenny didn't entangle herself in the two bandwagons which can be considered a 'safe vote'. She gave some slight reasons which looks good but then let's us know she may change her vote which I don't like...with that Kuru did it as well. Makes me wonder a bit.

Nogrod, I don't follow his reasoning for voting Kitanna but why it sticks out to me is it was later in the voting, possibly the last wolf to vote making sure he didn't need to save anybody, which he didn't. Then he throws somebody completely new into the equation. Wolf-on-wolf vote?

Mith's vote could go either way. She seems genuinely panicked but it could have been an act. I'm currently believing her innocent. Today I recommend Valier, Jenny, Roa and Nogrod be examined most closely.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #68
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Sorry for the quasi-random vote of yesterday. Time was against me and I'm just happy to not have caused a Nogrod-bandwaggon. I'm confident of being of more help toDay.
Nogrod bandwaggon? Care to explain?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #69
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Because of me, Nogrod was the second to receive a vote (you got my vote wrong, Morm! Be happy to be proven innocent ). Things like that tend to cause bandwaggons - with whatsoever reasons given by the waggoners, you never know.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #70
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Oops. Sorry.

Glirdan voted Formendacil (Formendacil 1)
Macalaure voted Nogrod(Formendacil 1, Nogrod 1,)
Mormegil voted Glirdan (Formendacil 1, Glidan 1, Nogrod 1)
Roa voted Formendacil (Formendacil 2, Glirdan 1, Nogrod 1)
Eomer voted Mormegil (Formendacil 2, Glirdan 1, Mormegil 1, Nogrod 1)
Kitanna voted Glirdan (Formendacil 2, Glirdan 2, Mormegil 1, Nogrod 1 )
Valier voted Formendacil (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 2, Mormegil 1 Nogrod 1)
Kuru voted Eomer (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 2, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1, Nogrod 1)
Jenny voted Kuru (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 2, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1, Kuru 1,Nogrod 1 )
Formendacil voted Glirdan (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 3, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1, Kuru 1, Nogrod )
Nogrod voted Kitanna (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 3, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1, Kuru 1, Kitanna 1, Nogrod 1)
Mithalwen voted Glirdan (Formendacil 3, Glirdan 4, Mormegil 1, Eomer 1, Kuru 1, Kitanna 1, Nogrod 1)

Any other mistakes

That makes a lot more sense now. I was wondering why Formendacil declared himself and thought it a bit foolish. Anyway most of the thoughts stay the same. Mithalwen still could be a wolf knowing that she was 'saving' the seer to kill an innocent, either way it was sixes for the wolves because they get to kill the seer at day or night.

Oh, I challenge the wolves to have the courage to leave me alive for at least one more day. Unless you fear a challenge.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:00 PM   #71
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Bongiorno, mi amici! Things are not going entirely well here, but I have seen worse. Like the view I had of the town square of Livorno when Cesare Borgia had me hung up by my ankles.

However, from my perspective, things look pretty bad. The reason being that I have combed Signore Formendacil’s posts and found no evidence of Seerness until the last post (although he was pretty consistent in saying that morm was innocent, just not definite about it until the end). The upshot of this is I’m not sure how much we can read into the people who were going after him. That just needs to be said.

Macalaure seems a bit defensive. Now, I’m always an admirer of a strong defense. But, really, he seems a bit tense.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 07-02-2006 at 03:10 PM. Reason: ugh, spelling again
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #72
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

It's not decent to speak bad of the dead, but I have to say Form kind of secured his own death by making his open post about Morm's innocence at the exact last minute. Happily Mith managed to change her initial last minute panic-vote on me to Glirdy (two minutes after the deadline!). That's why you Morm are still living. But Form could have played it wiser. Well, the milk is spilled already...

But it would have been a catastrophe if we would have lynched our seer ourselves and then the wolves would have taken our only known innocent. It could be worse, but it's very bad anyhow.

But yes, there were some funny things at the end of Day1.

First of all, almost no one around. I posted a summary of my thoughts just when the Brazil - France game started, about an hour before the deadline. After that, it was very quiet indeed.
- Jenny made her vote about 50 minutes before the deadline.
- Eomer asked me why do I think he has not been "substantial" 20 minutes before the deadline.
- The last ten minutes it seemed to be myself (half-time at the World Cup -game) and Form.
- Mith came in at the zero hour.

So: Why Jenny (said she might change her vote = would be around) and Eomer (he was there just 20 minutes before the end = was around) didn't take part on those last minutes? I understand that the football game might have taken a few people out from here, but the half-time started more than ten minutes before the deadline. So I make an educated guess that there were people around at the last minutes, but they just decided to stay away. They might have been innocents wishing to avoid attention, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of at least one wolf passing the last minutes. But that also is a shame on those innocents not coming in, because - as I said - the lynch candidates were not good. The situation was just hopeless. With more people openly online, we could have made something better. Alone I had no chances to do anything.

Secondly, there was Mith's appearance & vote at exactly the deadline minute, which you can't see any more as it has been edited after the deadline. It was a vote for me, saying that it was a panic vote - and then two lines of thoughts about my Kitanna-vote as grounds for it - or something following those lines. I remember Kitanna being mentioned in it (it disappeared soon enough so I hadn't a second sight of it). Mith herself or Valesse might remember. But what actually troubles me here a bit, is that the edit reason stated in the thread (+.02 minutes) is
Quote:
Reason: clear line for vote
and that basically is not the reason. The reason is that she changed her vote. I'm quite ready to put many things aside due to the last minute fervour and give the benefit of doubt in this kind of situations, but why to lie with the reason for editing? That just beats me.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #73
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Double posting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Nogrod, I don't follow his reasoning for voting Kitanna but why it sticks out to me is it was later in the voting, possibly the last wolf to vote making sure he didn't need to save anybody, which he didn't. Then he throws somebody completely new into the equation. Wolf-on-wolf vote?
As I'm going to sleep now and know that many of you are active during the time I sleep, I'm inclined to say a word or two on this matter - as Form didn't seem to undestand it either in the end of the last Day.

I still think my vote for Kitanna could have been a vote on-wolf. At least she is my only even half-reasonable suspect at the moment.

As I said already in my post #49, I believed both Form and Glirdan to be innocent. And I had nothing to make a difference between the two. So why should I vote for the one or the other? Voting Form I would have killed Form (innocent to my eye) and voting Glirdan I would have killed Glirdy (innocent to my eye). There was no one other around to help make a new solution! Shame on you my fellow campers!

And as I said in my posts 56 & 58 in the end, it's always:
a) the curse of those who vote late to choose between action and omission - when they both seem to have grave results (as they did this time)
b) the blame of killing innocents is on them who have voted for them

Morm says I might have tried to make sure I didn't need to save anybody. You just try that situation yourself! Which one would you - anyone of you - had saved? And please, remember, Form announced at the last minute so you can't make your imagined conclusion to this puzzle with the knowledge of Form's Seership (or Glirdy's innoncence either)!

And Kitanna was new in the equation only in the sense that she hadn't received any votes yet. I had voiced my suspicion on her already earlier. So to me it was nothing new, but something I could actually vote.

As a proven innocent you Morm are a keeper of much. I hope you make good of this day.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #74
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'lll be back for more in a few hours, but it seems that I have some explaining to do.

YesterDay, I had to vote early. Almost nothing had happened the entire day, except a debate about Day 1's and a little bit about Morm's plan. The former was really Form's fault, and I didn't like the way he explained it. It placed him slightly ahead of everyone else, but it was the most reasonable vote I could cast, since there wasn't enough for me to see anyone else as particularly guilty.

While I understand random votes, I don't like using them. Any reason to me is better than no reason. And, you know, Form wasn't exactly helping himself. (Really, I can understand why he didn't come out till the end- with no ranger it's not as though he would have been around today anyways.)

That's all I'm going to say on that matter. I'll be back later with some observations about what happened yesterDay.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #75
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I too, have seen several comments on my vote.

To Nogrod: I wasn't there. I stayed around for about half an hour after I voted and then went and read a book. I never said I would be around at the deadline.

To Morm: I voted for Kuru because I thought he was/is wolvish. Neither Glirdan nor Formy seemed wolvish to me. I wasn't going to randomly pick one, neither seemed wolvish at all. So that's why.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #76
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

I failed to fall into sleep (could there be any reason in the fact that I have stayed up too late for a couple of days in a row?).

So first this, and even if the first part is basically to Eomer – as I promised him to answer his question – I think there are generally interesting things at the end at least:

So Eomer, you asked me:
Quote:
Nogrod, may I ask just what makes the things most other players have been saying so much more fantastical and important than what I have said? It's true, I've not said too much. Though there may be much to think about on Day One, there's only so much original stuff any one player can inject into proceedings.
Well, I wasn’t actually saying that most other players made some fantastic posting... on the contrary, I think we all were pretty miserable on Day1 – and well, you can see the results.

Quote:
As far as I can see, I have hit upon an idea (about Morm's vote) that no-one else has. So how does that make me "not saying anything"?
Yes, you “hit” on the Morm’s vote.

And yes, we all make mistakes. I haven't heard of any WW-player with 100% record on voting or arguing...

But you made me think of it more openly: Glirdan did seem suspicious at first. But as You noted, he does seem like it most of the time and gets lynched very fast.

But were you a wolf, that would have been an easy trick indeed... and really, your "case" against Morm was a little pathetic – you should admit it yourself, being the Snoopy-knight!

So you said something in your first post...

But after that your second post protested Valier’s list for technicalities & told Form that we might still see something...

And on your third post you queried me about why you’re not a “fantastic” poster in my mind.

I wouldn’t say that is a much of a participation... even for a Day1.

Quote:
And I've deliberately kept my posts short and clear so that people might be tempted to consider what's in them. Too many words muddy the waters.
I have seen you more verbal than this...

Sometimes too little words muddy the waters. You know how the political populists work: take a word or two and repeat them – and when someone actually wiser comes to say that the truth is a bit more complicated, you shout to him / her: “Too many words muddy the waters!”

So sorry, that’s not a simple truth. (Yes, you can muddy the waters with a stream of babbling, but so you can with oversimplifying things)

--------------

But what actually makes me weary of you right now is that, what you have done is trying to make a case of a known good player (now known innocent - for wolves known to be one from the beginning) with weak or nonexistent grounds, and not actually participating in the game. And you were at the place 20 minutes before the deadline, and you stood silent. Why? As a wolf I understand you should stay away from the fireline. But as an innocent? I know you are not a coward who would just fade yourself away from hard decisions. So what were you doing at the last moments? You were there...

And surely, speaking on behalf of Glirdan could be very convenient for a wolf on Day1, as he would be lynched more sooner than later anyhow, as you testimony yourself:
Quote:
Glirdan is about as lynchable as they get
And the wolves are the only ones who can know one's innocense for sure...

Surely, this is not an accusation, it's a suspicion.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #77
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

It took me a cigarette to see this.

- Eomer made a case against Morm because he believed Glirdy innocent.
- Eomer was online at the thread 20 minutes before the deadline when Glirdan and Form of whom he had only said this:
Quote:
Formendacil, your stance is just so puzzling. There's oodles to think about here. You just have to wait until quite near the end of Day One.
were tied in votes (Form having the first three). But there were two people who had not voted yet - of which at least I had said that I would be back.
- So why didn't he do anything? I could have voted for Glirdy and make him a deceased - and he believed him innocent! Well because he's a wolf and had no worries, everything was going fine for him? He had nothing at stake there. Had he been innocent, he had been a bit alarmed, at least to mention it, or to defend Glirdy whom he thought innocent?

Eomer, you just surpassed Kitanna in my suspicion list... (though I've not forgotten her either)

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-02-2006 at 09:00 PM. Reason: changed the word 'just' to 'only', as it is more to the fact
Old 07-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #78
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow sorry I've been gone for most of the day...(recovering from yesterdays R.L shenanigans ) It has been fairly quiet all around which is a little odd and hard to get a clear perspective on everyone, but since there is not much to read through my opinions so far are fairly limited in suspicions so far. I have gone through my list of suspect from yesterdays fairly random list that I posted since there is more info to add to my thoughts on everyone. OK so this is what I have so far on everyone...

Roa: Seems to be her usual self, she stands up and faces her actions and argues if needed to prove her points, as usual..nothing too odd from her, yet.

Mac: Seems a little jumpy, but brings up good points about Roa, I trust him little as of now, but he is not high on my suspect list.

Mith: Haven't heard too much from her yet and her last minute vote change could be a good cover to make her look good.

Jenny: Oh Jenny...I always have a hard time with guessing your role...you are a crafty one, but are useful when proven innocent, but since our seer is gone there is no way to be sure, so I am weary of her for now.

Nogrod: Well Nogrod, I too am up and smoking, which is what an Ordo would be doing, trying to figure out who the bad guys are so we can rid us of them quickly, so I tend to think you innocent.

Morm: Well you are the one and only proven innocent, and you will more than likely be killed tonight, so if you have some thoughts, you should share them in case you do go.

Eomer: Now you dear Eomer... well I just don't know...there is something odd about you and I don't know why. I have high suspicion of you and want to hear some more from you.

Kitanna: She too has been bleeping on my radar, not too highly yet, but I am wary.

Kuru: I do not know your style well yet and you seem suspicious to me as well, your reaction to my list was what caught my eye.

I hope this helps...I know this is vague, but when is it not So take this for what you will. Hopefully we get a bit more talkative, so we can flush us out a wolf today.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:29 AM   #79
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Well this will be my last post for a little while.

Nogrod, I'm not sure what to make of you. I actually believe you are innocent and make a great case against Eomer. Before reading your case I was thinking some of the same thoughts and so to see you echo what I've been thinking makes me believe in you.

I'm still wary of Valier.

Roa seems guilty to me, but I've been known to be wrong too often to count

Mac does seem a bit jumpy but could it simply be neophyte jitters?

Jenny comes out yelling her defense which raises my suspicion of her, Roa did the same and it never sits well with me.

Eomer is a wolf!

Mith is innocent!

Kitanna is one on whom I have no reading but I will leave that to Nogrod, as I believe him innocent.

Kuru is one from whom I would like to hear more as I am moderately suspicious of him.

My top 5 suspects in order are:
  1. Eomer
  2. Valier
  3. Roa
  4. Jenny
  5. Kuru

Kuru is put on the list only because I have not heard a sufficient amount to make a proper assement. He could go up or down depending upon what I hear.

Likely I will vote Eomer today and recommend a Valier lynching tomorrow. But I will be dead and likely not heeded as things may change as new discussion is presented.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:52 AM   #80
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Jumpy they call me...

... and they're probably right. Few has been said or done (except by mainly Nogrod) yet and there is few to go on for me so far. The suspicions I have are vague at best.

proven innocent are mormegil and, at least to me, myself.

Nogrod and Jenny feel innocent to me as yet, but that may change rapidly.

I cannot put Valier anywhere, thus keeping up the tradition.

The ones I need to read more of before I can form an opinion about them are Mithalwen, Eomer and Kitanna.

I'm still slightly suspicious of Roa, and his last post made Kuru blink on my radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by said Kuruharan
However, from my perspective, things look pretty bad. The reason being that I have combed Signore Formendacil’s posts and found no evidence of Seerness until the last post (although he was pretty consistent in saying that morm was innocent, just not definite about it until the end). The upshot of this is I’m not sure how much we can read into the people who were going after him. That just needs to be said.
Well, of course Form didn't make his seerness so clear - he's not suicidal. If it had been clear, presumably no wolf would have bothered voting for him. Instead they would have silently finished him off in the night. His being a seer was not obvious and this is good for us, because the reasons given for his lynching were intentionally or unintentionally wrong. If we can sever the two, we might catch a wolf, but I have doubts that we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that Dwarven Shade, again
Macalaure seems a bit defensive. Now, I’m always an admirer of a strong defense. But, really, he seems a bit tense.
I am not defensive. Not at all! And I am not tense.