The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #241
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Speaking of Greenie, who do we think will be joining us in a few hours? I think Greenie and Rikae might be Seer-targets, and I think Rikae is the obvious person to be protected toNight after their hinting yesterDay, which might unfortunately make Greenie a safer choice for the wolves. They might also go for someone quiet like Shasta, though.
I think it's likely to be one of those two, and if it isn't we need to wonder why. The other choice, of course, is Nilp... I don't think we'll see him here; with how erratic he's been, the wolves will have to wonder if he's a) the Cobbler, or b) laying traps outside his own door toNight.

Could Rikae's blatant hint have been an attempt to divert attention from Greenie's more subtle one? If we go with the theory that BG was killed for literally saying 'will I dream?', then Rikae may think the wolves are going after really obvious targets.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:06 AM   #242
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I do think that in this game, with the two protective Gifteds, it has to occur to innocents that there should be at least one person setting themselves up as obvious "bait". I did it, BG kind of did it, Nilp claims he did it (all of us with limited success). So I wouldn't be surprised if Rikae decided to make themselves the "bait" for toNight.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #243
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.

Edit: image didn't load. Gimme a minute.

Okay I don't know how to get images to appear in the thread.

Oh well, attached is the voting tally. Left is sorted by name. Right is sorted by time stamp.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.26.46 PM.png (80.0 KB, 923 views)
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #244
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
Oh well, attached is the voting tally. Left is sorted by name. Right is sorted by time stamp.
From which we can see immediately how bad (or unlucky?) this village has been. Five of the eleven survivors have only voted for people we now know to be innocent; if we include Nilp on the 'confirmed innocent' list, we find only three of them have voted for potential baddies. Greenie hasn't had any of her votees killed yet; Mac and Pitch voted Pitch and Kath on Day 1. That's it. Of the 32 votes cast by the current survivors, 23 were cast on now-known innocents.

hS
Old 06-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #245
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Honestly, looking at this is pretty apparent that Greenie is the stand out.

Literally everyone else voted for Form.

My guess is Legate is a Wolf. Greenie is the Seer. Greenie is dying tonight.

Unless the Ranger is paying attention and caught what we caught. If the Ranger goes after Nilp and not Greenie...

If Nilp is a Wolf then that was a good play to distract the Ranger. If Nilp is the BH imma be mad.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:32 PM   #246
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Of the 32 votes cast by the current survivors, 23 were cast on now-known innocents.
Okay.

So let's assume the wolves don't straightforwardly involve themselves in bandwagons which end up lynching innocents - because they know which bandwagons to avoid - but they will take part in some, especially on D3 when there weren't too many to be of a different opinion.

So four wolves making three votes each is 12 votes. I would say it goes something like 40-60 for wolves joining succesful innocent-bandawagons (them voting an innocent who is lynched 40% of the time the most, and nicely hiding behind a non lynched candidate 60% of the time), as a conservative estimate. It could be 1/3 vs. 2/3 as well - which would be even worse from the villagers' POV.

Looking at the craziness of D3 voting we might need to bring that percentage to 50-50 as the wolves had no other option but to comply (basically Brinn's complaint could be read as well as a frustrated wolf's cry of "doggone it" than an innocent's).

With that ratio we'd have the wolves giving 6 votes to others than the known innocents, so meanwhile the rest of the village (8 people) have given votes to "not-known innocents" only three times!

8 innocent villagers 3 votes each - and only three of those votes have gone to someone else than a now known innocent!

They really need to pull themselves together now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
My guess is Legate is a Wolf. Greenie is the Seer. Greenie is dying tonight.
I'm afraid that might be true. And if what happens toNight is because of:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
If the Ranger goes after Nilp and not Greenie...

If Nilp is a Wolf then that was a good play to distract the Ranger. If Nilp is the BH imma be mad.
then I'm going to be a little frustrated as well...

So thumbs up for the Ranger!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:56 PM   #247
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Naturally, it all could go down a totally different route.

Let's say Nilp is the Seer who panicked - or for some other reason - decided to go on some dashingly daring game? That is not totally out of question.

Or maybe Greenie is just a really smart wolf who fools us all? (In that case I'd say she'd deserve victory)

Maybe Lommy's lament at the end of D3 - which felt quite convincing - was actually her plot trying to steer away those few who might have suspected her on D4, or at least make them hesitate just enough to save her from the ropes?

Or: while my reason keeps reminding me, that Legate is the most believable wolf-candidate, but in the back of my mind there is this nagging voice saying, "Maybe you're wrong? Maybe he's just short on time (as he has said) or something and the rest is just conjecture?".

Well, four minutes...

Old 06-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #248
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

I reloaded the living thread as say the red ++Legate and was no way the Wolves lynched her and then realised that was us Dead. I gotta go calm down...
Old 06-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #249
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I reloaded the living thread as say the red ++Legate and was no way the Wolves lynched her and then realised that was us Dead. I gotta go calm down...
Old 06-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #250
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

*throws hands up in the air*
Old 06-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #251
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Welcome, Greenie and Legate!
Old 06-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #252
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
The Dead

Boro (Town Recorder) - murdered by pack Night 1
Huinesoron (Villager) - lynched Day 1
Loslote (Villager) - killed by pack Night 2
Nogrod (Villager) - Lynched Day 2
Blind Guardian (Villager) - killed by pack Night 3
Formendacil (Villager) - lynched Day 3
A Little Green (Seer) - kill by pack Night 4
Legate of Amon Lanc (Werewolf) - caught in BH booby trap Night 4

Welcome. Greenie and Legate!

Enjoy reading all the hair pulling yesterday the dead was doing about the Living thread
Old 06-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #253
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

WHOA!!!

We were right on both!

But what this means remains to be thought of.

Anyway: welcome Greenie and also Legate - and kudos to the Trapper!

Take a comfy chair- there is no Spanish Inquisition here.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:04 PM   #254
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Good job Greenie and Legate!

And the Beast Hunter for ignoring Nilp who I now think is a Wolf. NO wait, I'm confused...

Yeah no that works.

Nilp may not have been able to protect himself (if he is the BH), but he did kill a Wolf.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:04 PM   #255
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

So Greenie, you dreamed Nilp, Rikae, and Shasta innocent, right? Who was your dream last Night?
Old 06-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #256
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Good job Greenie and Legate!

And the Beast Hunter for ignoring Nilp who I now think is a Wolf. NO wait, I'm confused...
Nilp claimed he WAS the BH, and soft asked for the Ranger to protect him. His trap was always going on someone else. If Huin correct interpreted Greenie's list yesterDay, Nilp is probably one of our three known innocents.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #257
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Welcome to the Halls of Cassandra, Greenie.

I guess welcome, Legate? The protocol on welcoming the evil beasts that prematurely ended our Lives is yet to be established.

Perhaps death has cured you of your Curse and you shall now offer us all the information you can.

You know, to keep things sporting. The poor Innocent side hasn't had a lot of breaks yet.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #258
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Nilp claimed he WAS the BH, and soft asked for the Ranger to protect him. His trap was always going on someone else. If Huin correct interpreted Greenie's list yesterDay, Nilp is probably one of our three known innocents.
Yeah that makes sense. This game is making my head hurt. (And my stomach - it's lunch time and I'm not eating yet!)
Old 06-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #259
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
So Greenie, you dreamed Nilp, Rikae, and Shasta innocent, right? Who was your dream last Night?
I'm pretty sure the Wolves thought it would be Legate, or why sacrifice him and not the NW?

Hi, Greenie! I really hope the remaining innocents spot/spotted your list post... That way we might stand a chance.

And hi, Legate! Don't worry, we're all friends here. Though if you feel like telling us who the rest of the pack are, that'd be grand.

hS
Old 06-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #260
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Is Legate the NW? The wolves get to choose who gets caught in the trap, right? I'd assume they'd pick the NW.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:10 PM   #261
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Is Legate the NW? The wolves get to choose who gets caught in the trap, right? I'd assume they'd pick the NW.
Wait, that's right, we'd know if he was the NW! Why didn't they pick the NW???
Old 06-10-2020, 04:11 PM   #262
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
And with 7 dead. A vote of 4 needs to be achieved to choose a medium.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:12 PM   #263
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Wait, that's right, we'd know if he was the NW! Why didn't they pick the NW???
The narration says there are 3 wolves (1 NW) left, so yeah, pretty sure he's not.

I think Greenie said she wanted to get a better READ on Legate. Or maybe it's just that she voted him.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:13 PM   #264
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

(Psst, Boro, you've got a cut-off line in the narration. Second paragraph, starts with 'iddle'.)

hS
Old 06-10-2020, 04:14 PM   #265
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I mean, I had Greenie pegged as a gifted, but I assumed ranger. Apparently the wolves noticed something I didn't.
........why would Sally think Greenie was the Ranger? Her Legate vote yesterDay looked pretty Seerish to me. I don't know that I believe this.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:15 PM   #266
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Echoing the very same question - though suspecting she's sleeping right now and we'll have to wait for the morning here in Finland.

But one wolf down basically buys one more Day. So good.

Although we (sic!) could have done this lynching Legate already on D2.

This more or less confirms Nilp is an innocent (unless we read Greenie wrongly) and thus it only remains a question whether Nilp just pulled this all off as just a normal villager, or was he actually the BH who made this nice trap?
Old 06-10-2020, 04:16 PM   #267
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

If I'm right about who Greenie dreamed and that Kath and Mac are Legate's packmates, then there's one wolf and one cobbler among:

Sally
Brinn
Pitch
Lommy

Although actually, I think the Seer sees the cobbler as an ordo, so the cobbler doesn't HAVE to be among these people. But at least one of them, more if I'm wrong about Kath and Mac, is definitely a wolf.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #268
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I mean, I had Greenie pegged as a gifted, but I assumed ranger. Apparently the wolves noticed something I didn't.
Pleeeeease go back and read Greenie's posts, people! The list post is absolutely perfect and tells you everything (if, you know, I'm right).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
And nicely done, my beloved! I'm proud of you! Now do it again tomorrow and we're halfway there!
?...? Any idea who she's talking to? The Beast Hunter is one-shot, so the only possible candidate is... well, the Mod!

hS
Old 06-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #269
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
(Psst, Boro, you've got a cut-off line in the narration. Second paragraph, starts with 'iddle'.)

hS
Oh thanks...fixed it. As I was writing everything, the entire time I was just thinking how do I describe a rube-goldberg machine? I'm not a writer and miss when Fea would write the narrations for me.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:18 PM   #270
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
?...? Any idea who she's talking to? The Beast Hunter is one-shot, so the only possible candidate is... well, the Mod!

hS
My guess is, she doesn't realize the BH is a one hit wonder.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:20 PM   #271
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Also, Mac and Sally have not started talking about "who pushed the lynch away from Legate yesterDay" OR "who did Greenie dream?", and I think any innocent NEEDS to ask those questions asap toDay. I'm already very susicious of Mac, and I'm starting to think Sally might be a wolf or the cobbler.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:22 PM   #272
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Also we're obviously not discussing the game in our apartment but you guys should have heard Legate's hysterical maniacal laughter when he just opened the thread.
So the wolf is around! Hi Legate, VERY glad to see you here.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:24 PM   #273
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Don't be shy! Just walk right in. We don't bite, but offer you a glass of wine and wait until you're ready to tell, how it feels.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:24 PM   #274
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

This was Greenie's Seer-post in my mind, and I misremembered: she said she intended to 'read through' Lommy, not Legate. So we may actually have a confirmed second wolf; I certainly hope so! It was indeed Nilp, Rikae, and Shasta innocent.

hS
Old 06-10-2020, 04:27 PM   #275
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
And considering that Form was the medium, I dare not imagine the amount of harsh language the dead aimed at the living yesterDay.
Well, he's not wrong...

Don't worry, Legate-wolf. Nienna* been reading along the whole game and was teasing me about the Dead thread for 48 hours, at least, so I understand in-home betrayal.

*Nienna for the newer Downers (you know, anyone with less than, like, 8 years as a Downer) is Mrs. Formendacil, once a WWer, always a WW-lurker.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #276
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
We have to agree for some kind of mode for Greenie to send us her knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
AND we should figure out how to communicate with Greenie in the dead thread.
So it starts again...

Why don't they learn that is not going to work? It's just a waste of time they'd need to put in reading Greenie's posts to find what hS did so nicely.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:32 PM   #277
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
The Eye

Quote:
Hello! And thank you for the very warm welcome and cooomfy chairs. Just here to say a quick hi, since I'm about to go to sleep - which means you'll have to wait with your questions for the morning. (As will I have to wait for rereading your, I am sure, very interesting discussions here.)

If you want to point for my convenience (and Greenie's) some of the highlights of this thread, feel free to do so, it would be most welcome for us newcomers, I am sure!

I also am sure there's a lot I could discuss with each of you, but that all also has to wait. So, enjoy your guessing for several more hours, before I have time to respond all your questions in absolutely truthful and honest manner.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #278
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
*Nienna for the newer Downers (you know, anyone with less than, like, 8 years as a Downer) is Mrs. Formendacil, once a WWer, always a WW-lurker.
Send Nienna my best regards! (Well if you read this yourself anyway, all the best for the odd summer ahead!)
Old 06-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #279
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So it starts again...

Why don't they learn that is not going to work? It's just a waste of time they'd need to put in reading Greenie's posts to find what hS did so nicely.
Well, if Lottie is right and I'm reading Greenie right, both of those quotes are from wolves...

Edit: Greenie and the narration, rather, since the latter is what says she saw a wolf.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 06-10-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #280
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Well, we spent all of yesterDay yelling that You, Mac, and Kath were packmates steering the lynch Form's direction, and throwing up our hands when the village just calmly went right along with it. Also, we did empower Brinn at least partially as a throwback.