The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Tolkien The Barrow-Downs Scattergories

Just got this idea from a Facebook note someone had me do, thought it was a neat idea.

For anyone who's ever played the game Scattergories they'll know how this works, it's one of my favorite games, but for those who don't know about it, this is how the real game is played. So each player gets a piece of paper and a little card with random questions on it, then the dice is rolled and lands on a letter (it's a crazy die with almost every letter on it). The timer goes and the players have to put an answer after each question that starts with that letter, example: The letter is P, so question 1 could be "A pizza topping", so you'd write Peperroni, question 2 could be "An office supply", so you could write Paper, or even Paperclip, and so on. After the timer is done everyone stops and compares answers, you get a point for every answer you got that no one else got. Then the die gets rolled again and you change to the next card which has a new set of questions, and so on and so forth.

So I thought we could play around with this idea, just maybe without the points part. On the Facebook note there was 20 random questions and you had to answer them using words that started with the first letter of your name. Since mine is V in real life I had a very hard time, haha.

I'm gonna give a list of 8 and you put answers using only the first letter of your name. After a while, for some variety, someone could post a new list of questions, or you could do the list again using the first letter of your real life name or maybe even the first letter of your favorite Tolkien character. We can totally just have fun with this! I don't believe anything like this has been done before, but please let me know if it has!

So I'll start with these 8 and my answers using the letter W, feel free to come up with new ones to add on, mine aren't overly brilliant, haha:

~*~
A LOTR character: Wormtongue
A character from The Hobbit: I'm at a loss, , what a wonderful start, haha
A place in Middle-Earth: Weathertop
Things from LOTR: the White Tree
Beasts/Monsters: Wargs
A Silmarillion character: Wildman of the Woods (aka Turin)
Another Barrow Downer: Witch_Queen
Actor from LOTR movies: Elijah Wood (first name would be fine too of course)
~*~

Hope you enjoy!

Sidenote: same word can't be used twice.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 02-14-2009 at 07:58 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote