The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2020, 04:30 AM   #841
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm actually very glad the game ended when it did - had I made a save, I would have started the Day by revealing, apologising to Sally and Pitch and demanding the lynch of Mac, Kath and Brinn... safe to say, that would have probably undone the redemption I'd have got by making a save.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:08 AM   #842
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Read through the dead thread! Very entertaining, and nice team spirit there. Made me wonder how would it be to have a living thread where the vote would have to done by a majority consensus. That might be very interesting actually! And would affect wolf behaviour too.

I also really liked Legate's idea of the dead disqualifying a vote, and Form's ghost idea! Especially the Tolkien quotes only approach would be very fun.

And having seen both the recent mods suffering because they can't share their feelings during the game - I really really recommend co-mods. It's more fun than modding alone imo and it results in the wackiest narrations. And you can split the duty however you want, be equals or have a main mod and an assistant/backup mod, just as long as the players know who to send their Night picks.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #843
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And having seen both the recent mods suffering because they can't share their feelings during the game - I really really recommend co-mods. It's more fun than modding alone imo and it results in the wackiest narrations. And you can split the duty however you want, be equals or have a main mod and an assistant/backup mod, just as long as the players know who to send their Night picks.
I think this reads as Lommy offering to co-mod the next game with Legate.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:29 AM   #844
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I think this reads as Lommy offering to co-mod the next game with Legate.
Not really I mean, it would be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure about my schedules (even playing wise). You guys can poke me though if no one else is wanting to mod anytime soon, I think I could be talked into it...
Old 06-14-2020, 06:35 AM   #845
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I guess if we take a breather of a couple of weeks, people might be in to playing one more in July?

Well, I could.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:57 AM   #846
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Leaf Part II The Last

The rest of the general stuff...

Aside from Mac's brilliantly placed comment about feeling like he's being encircled by wolves, Kath's comment on this wolf pack sent me toppling out of my chair with laughter:

Quote:
How about a Greenie-Legate-Nilp + someone else wolf pack. I've nothing to back that up but I can imagine the logic vs kamikaze battles would be intense.
Actually had me dreaming about the dynamics of that wolf pack.

Rikae's posts usually sent me into laughter and then checking the dead thread when no one really suspected them as the cobbler until it was too late. I thought for sure based on the Day 1 banter, that Pitch and the wolves had found their cobbler early.

Kudos to the dead players for their focus and attention in trying to do the right thing for the undisciplined village. You all really struggled through it and tried to help. Your pact to empower the people about to be wrongfully lynched was super cool. I'll say while you were right in a lot of ways, I don't know if anyone could have recovered and spotted the last 2 wolves if Mac was lynched instead of Shasta. Although, it would have given the village at least one more day to figure it out and put the pieces together, it seemed to be everyone was convinced a combo of Lommy, Kath, or Brinn were the last 2 wolves.

Which Lommy would have likely been forced to reveal, but I was predicting if she did then Rikae would counter and only dead seer Greenie knowing that Rikae would be lying.

Again, thank you everyone for a very entertaining and suspenseful game. Even as a mod and knowing all the roles, I was practically falling and jumping out of my chair all the time with what was happening. I'm just glad I don't live with anyone or they'd probably question my sanity. I did a lot of pacing and smiling and squeeing thinking about what would happen and what was I going to write?