The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-21-2004, 12:30 PM   #41
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
the ents v the mumakil
I'd have to go with the mumakil. Yes, they're evil and evil isn't supposed to triumph over good, but... but.. the ents are tree people, for crying out loud. Yeah, they hurl rocks and stomp on orcs pretty well, but all the mumakil would have to do is get out the matchbox or a few axes.

How about darth vader versus pre-flaming-eye sauron? Two guys in funky armor with big nasty weapons duking it out to the death! Tickets on sale for $27.50!!
Old 05-31-2004, 01:03 PM   #42
High King Fingolfin
Shade of Carn Dûm

High King Fingolfin has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I vote for Sauron! He can send Darth Vader flying into pieces. Darth Vader has plastic armor. Suron has metal armor he forged himself in Barad-Dur. Darth Vader has a lightsaber. Sauron has a mace he also forged himself in Barad-Dur. The mace could smash the lightsaber. Plus, Sauron has the Ring. so he couldn't be defeated unless Darth Vader cut the Ring off Sauron's hand and took it to Mount Doom.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:04 PM   #43
Elven Hunter
Animated Skeleton

Elven Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
I vote for Sauron too. He could easily blow Darth Vader away with one swing of his mace.

How about RingWraiths versus Dementors? They look alike in the movies. Maybe they're long lost cousins.. I think their fight would be a draw.
Elven Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:42 AM   #44
samwise8504
Animated Skeleton

samwise8504 has just left Hobbiton.
i vote for the ringwraiths because the dementors probably wont be able to hurt them.

How about.

Beorn vs shelob ( would be one brutal battle don't know who would win)
durins bane vs smaug ( i vote for smaug)
samwise8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:51 PM   #45
elfwishes999
Animated Skeleton

elfwishes999 has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Aragorn vs. Legolas.....wow, would that be a battle! Legolas I think would win with his arrows UNLESS aragon finds a way to block them with like his sword or something. Besides, Legolas is an Elf, and aragorn is just a man.

**Pippin vs. Merry (i think pip's got the edge here)
**Sam vs. Frodo (maybe Frodo)
^what do you think^?
elfwishes999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:54 PM   #46
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420!

merry versus pippin depends on the arena. let's say moria pippin could use his Stupid ability to call upon orcs and goblins. but otherwise merry

frodo versus sam. Sam he beat shelob and hes handy with that pan i can imagine their battle sayings. Frodo- "The victory is mine!" Sam-"How do i like Mr. Frodo? Boil 'im mash 'im stick 'im in a stew!"
Old 07-28-2004, 09:18 AM   #47
elfwishes999
Animated Skeleton

elfwishes999 has just left Hobbiton.
Shield here's another

Frodo vs. Harry Potter (now, Frodo CANNOT use the ring and Harry CANNOT use magic)...

i'd have to give this one to Frodo, because, unlike Harry, Frodo can kinda think as he goes. I'm not sayin Harry cant, but i'm sayin frodo demonstrated it more in his 3 movies then Harry did in his. Because if you take harry away from magic, he's kinda useless, but frodo still can kinda fight without the ring so its pretty obvious that that would go to frodo..hands down.

now, if magic was returned and so was the ring, harry would win unless frodo put on the ring and harry couldn't figure out a way to see him. so, its a win- lose situation depending on frodo.

Sauron vs. Voldemort
Sauruman vs. Dumbledore
^^^^i need help with these^^^^
elfwishes999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:22 AM   #48
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Harry Versus Frodo Harry has a size advantage that doesnt mean much but it's there

But if Frodo had his ring Harry would have his cloak then it'd be blinds versus the blind