The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-25-2002, 09:02 PM   #41
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Eye

Tonight, I was talking to my sisters, and was saying something about tomatoes. I almost said to-mah-toes!! I live in the South, and have a huge southern accent, and say it to-may-toes. But lately I've been goofing off and mimicking the LOTR characters accents, especially Pippen's. It must be wearing off on me more than I realized!
Old 10-25-2002, 09:52 PM   #42
Marillanna Sarnie
Pile O'Bones

Marillanna Sarnie has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

spinach puffs! lol! That movie rocks!

I quote the books and movies constantly, and use elvish pronounciations. Think "kelery". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Also, I come up with very long explanations as to why Gollum now lives in my closet.......
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 09:33 AM   #43
Laivine
Wight

Laivine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Haha, all this stuff is hilarious, I have to try it sometime! I don't really have any friends that like LotR like I do, they've all ofcourse seen the movie and think it's great, but if I try talking to them about something that happens in TTT or RotK they don't understand anything, and I'm like "Well, why don't you read the book?!" and the answer always is different variations off "Are you mad?! I can't be bothered, it's sooo long. And the next movie will be out soon anyways!!"

I'm driving my brother up the wall with the "YOU CANNOT PASS!!" quote tho, hehe, it's such a laugh. But it's not that easy for me using the quotes, as english isn't the mainlanguage where I live... And then it obviously sounds abit stupid if I start shouting random LotR quotes in english! Hehe.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:34 PM   #44
Mintyztwin
Wight

Mintyztwin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Whadda they mean, "The next movie will be out soon."?! That is the absolute BEST reason in the world to read the books! Shee!

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:2
Mintyztwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 09:43 PM   #45
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

tangerine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hahaha, this stuff is cracking me up. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Someone on here once went into Star Wars and yelled "IT'S SHARKEY!" really loud in the crowded theatre when Count Dooku came on. I no its not my story, but I laughed about it for days, and it really deserves mentioning. I just annoy people by getting really exicted that LOTR and my rival favorite Matrix Reloaded are getting their second movie out soon. I'll just keep on going on about it for a really long time if people let me. I haven't gotten to the point where Im quoting it in class, but relax, it's coming.
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:11 PM   #46
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

These are all hilarious!

What do I do.. Well, I've newly discovered that there actually is at least one boy in my class who has read more of JRRT's books then I have.. Plus the fact that he actually has read them in english, while I just learn my favorite quotes.. Don't worry, I will read them in english as soon as I can find some time.. Anyway, that boy is driving me nuts about complaining about that he don't think Unfinished Tales should have been published. I think I drive him nuts by pointing out things that he has missed while reading the books. Hah. Serves him right!

I have another classmate who is more normal (meaning she has seen the movie and read LotR + The Hobbit)(I'm not that normal. I read the Hobbit and LotR before I even heard about the movie. and Silmarillion before I saw FotR. plus I've gotten Unfinished Tales and Book of Lost Tales. add the fact that I'm a member of this site. Nope, I sure aint normal.. hhmm.. depends on how you define normal, of course. ah, what the.. I'll stop this right now). She is more fun discussing with. Of course, the majority of the class has seen FotR, so they understand me when I quote something from it. Some days ago, I had my notepad with me and a girl said she wanted to have a paper from it. I didn't respond, so she said 'oh well, then I'll take it from you'.. I went something like: 'no, you can't! it's my own, my preciousssss...'. unfortunate enough, she didn't hear what I was saying, so I repeated the quote in swedish (since I live in Sweden. duh.), but she didn't get it. So I had to EXPLAIN what I had meant, so she went 'aah'.. and it really wasn't fun anymore..

It's hard to do many of these things, since many of the ways to irritate people of includes quoting the movie and I'm not sure if everybody I know are good enough at english to understand me and I HATE to explain what I meant when doing jokes like that. HHhhmmm... I think my brain lost me about five minutes ago, so if the end of this post seems weird, that's why.

[ October 28, 2002: Message edited by: Gayahithwen ]
Old 10-28-2002, 01:15 PM   #47
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
add the fact that I'm a member of this site. Nope, I sure aint normal.. hhmm..
Whatcha trying to say?! of course we're normal! he he... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ October 28, 2002: Message edited by: LadyElbereth ]
Old 10-28-2002, 02:37 PM   #48
galadwen29
Animated Skeleton

galadwen29 has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

y'know i might just try some of these.......

"TOSS ME!"
galadwen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 06:01 AM   #49
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Hhhmm.. yeah, of course we are all normal. sorry. no insane people here. nope. everybody here is completely sane, right?

*laughs insanely and walks away to find her frying pan*
Old 10-29-2002, 12:38 PM   #50
Adastrea
Animated Skeleton

Adastrea has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Asking them for an Ent draught when its their turn to buy a round^.^
And setting LOTRingsy type things as my computer desktop wallpaper at work!
(Will have to try the fool of a Took one...)
Old 10-29-2002, 12:39 PM   #51
Adastrea
Animated Skeleton

Adastrea has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Oh forgot-Acting out the whole, "Whats that?"
"This my friend is a pint." Scene, gets em every time!
Old 10-29-2002, 02:26 PM   #52
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

My mum gets soooooo annoyed when I spend too much time here (that's every day)
Old 11-08-2002, 09:48 PM   #53
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Oh, way too funny!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Talking about LotR nonstop for hours on end really gets on people's nerves, even those who really like the books/movie. Quoting lines is always good, but only quote the Sindarin ones (you get the weirdest looks...). Play the Soundtrack 24-7, wallpaper your room with LotR pics and posters, and wear The One Ring everywhere. (If you don't have the Ring, find a reasonable facimile [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) Acting like Gollum is my fave, though; my Books, my Insanity Folder(residence of my LotR stuff), my Ring, and my Sword (Sting) all get called My Precious constantly.

Plus getting on Barrow Downs in my computer class when I'm s'posed to be working seems to irritate people too.....

[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 01:06 PM   #54
Pennthangeil
Haunting Spirit

Pennthangeil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pennthangeil
Sting

I do pretty much everything yall do, exept I dont have a Ring *cries*
I like to say Whatever Sams your Gamgee and Go Back to the Shadow; You Cannot Pass while I'm at my locker.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:01 PM   #55
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

Okay, stuff I do 2 annoiy peeps that don't like lotr... Hmm... this list could be endless...
I insult my sisters in elvish!!!! That si way fun!!! I sat through the whole church suvice today attacking them in elvish curses. And we were right in the front row... got some VERY evil looks... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
For christmas I got 100 LotR FotR stickers and I bugged my perants by for the rest of the day complaing that there were more pics of arwen then there was of Frodo alone (Which is acuttally true...) Now they are covering the walls of my broom closet sized room... Along with the pic I printed off the inet...
Err... What else do I do... (You shouldn't of started this topic... I will go on for years) Oh yeah, Me and my mates sped the whole of lunch break in the school IT rooms (On barrowdowns!!!) ANd one time the school B**** came in. I instantly turned the soundtrack to the two towers up to full volume. Very fun!
Okay I have one more thing to put down and then u'll be rid of me till tomorrow...
Me and my mate went to see Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets (Mainly for the TTT trailer [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) ANdthis party of kids came in in the midlle of the trailer so we missed most of it... **Sulks** So I had this ultra evil idea and ever time that the spiders came on scrren we ran our hands uyp the side of the chairs in front of us to bug them. My nickname is SAM and the girl in front of me yelled:
"SAm Stop it!"
But it weasn't me beacuse the boy sitting next to her started to complain that it wasn';t him...
I wish I could of seen his face... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 08:28 PM   #56
nevlhachien
Animated Skeleton

nevlhachien has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

hmmm...i do a lot of things to bug people. my sister hasnt seen the movie or read the books so i am always saying to her lets go watch FotR or you should read the books. at school i carry this LotR decorated notebook with me everywhere and it just annoys people cuz i am always doing stuff in it(LotR stuff)
i constantly listen to the FotR and TTT soundtracks and i never let anybody else touch them or listen to them.
it bugs people very much when they say stuff that reminds me of LotR so i say what it reminds me of and go into this huge discussion. that just bugs people.
i am alway quoting stuff from the books and movies too.
oh and i am always on this site doing stuff which REALLY bugs people.
well that is all i will say for now....
namarie
-Nevie
Old 02-02-2003, 08:46 PM   #57
Maylin
Haunting Spirit

Maylin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maylin
Sting

hmm, i mainly just talk really really fast, but about nothing inparticular. My uncle, also a LOTR fan, is making me a staff like gandalf's...(sigh) now if I could just take it to school,and yell "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" to the people who come into class late. ( my teachers sometimes don't let you in class if oyu are late)
Maylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 08:57 PM   #58
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

One of my very good friends and I made up a farewell, which we say ro each other every time we leave. (she is a LotR fan also.) Her brother, however, is not, and pretends to scream and he covers his ears every time we say it. (We are hard at work converting him, and have actually made some progress. He is reading the Hobbit now!

Well, this is not the reply, but here it goes...
Quote:
"Farewell dear comrad in arms, may I see you again! May your roads be easy and your heart light! Farewell!"
To which she replies....
Quote:
"Be brave and coreageous, slay them nasty orcs, and may your arrow fly true!"
Then the rousing finally of "Farewell!"s. Hee hee.

Oh and also, I annoy my parents and sibs by spending a lot of time here, and talking about LotR a lot of the time. (They all like it though. Read the books and all! Or at least listened to them... My Mom read them to them all. It is just that LotR seems to slip into every conversation I have with someone.... Very strange...)

Suilad,

~Eruanne

[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Hirilaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:49 PM   #59
PeregrinTook
Animated Skeleton

PeregrinTook has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just laugh at them in a degrading sort of way and say all I can about LotR around them! That seems to work pertty well!
Old 02-03-2003, 05:41 PM   #60
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmm. Well, let's see. I will try not to be hasty. (hee hee)
Well, I spend "way too much time on here" according to my mom. very annoying for her becuase all she can hear is the keyboard. Whenever somebody says somthing bad about LotR i attack them. I say random quotes from the movie. I was taking stuff for supper the other night and i was like "oh i want some potatoes. and some carrots. and some cabbages. adn then those three bags of potatoes that we lifted last week. and then the mushrooms the week before!" heh heh Um...i call people bad names in Elvish, i say goodbye in Elvish, whenever somebody says something that reminds me of LotR i say the quote with the accent. Heh heh. Hoom him hom...i REALLY want the One Ring....and I want either Sting or a bow too so I can gloat over them and say My Precioussssssss...and also so i can stab people (Gently, my friends, gently!) when they tick me off.
Whatever sams your gamgee...catchy.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:00 AM   #61
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

All right, I just thought of these,

When your teacher gives you one of those silly ahndouts about how to write a paper or something you have to read to write a paper on say "What is this new devilry?" (I actualy did that once but no one heard me.)

When your teachers are giving you an assignment, but not handing you anything, say in a tired, slightly moaning voice, "Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind?" (I haven't tried that one....yet.)
Old 02-04-2003, 03:55 PM   #62
Nuinatariel
Haunting Spirit

Nuinatariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Another thing to annoy people, whenever the bell rings at school yell "The horn of Gondor! Boromir's in trouble!" Quoting the book all the time is fun, too. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2003, 02:53 PM   #63
galadwen29
Animated Skeleton

galadwen29 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i totally forgot about this topic (i should be ashamed)
you are all funny! i haven't got a 'one ring' but i have got a silver elvish love ring. blast ttt and fotr soundtracks all the time. oh yeah haev got a video devoted to ttt previews and tele programmes.

at the mo i annoy my family of saying 'i have the gift of foresight' then looking at something thats happened i.e car broken down i say 'i knew that would happen.'

keep going! i getting ideas here [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

"TOSS ME!"
galadwen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 09:17 PM   #64
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
The funniest thing by far is to hit the Orli-boppers and 'Lijers with random facts about Legolas and Frodo...Did you know that none of the 'Lijers at SHC know hat Frodo is 50 at the time of the Quest?!!
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:58 AM   #65
Stormcrow

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ahahahahaha these cracked me up [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have one friend who hates LotR with a passion simply cause i've annoyed her with it for so long [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Just little things...blocking the door when she tries to leave screaming 'YOU CANNOT PASS' ... insisting i'd make a good wizard and asking her to buy me a staff [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Not to mention all the LotR wallpapers i downloaded from the site, just to send to her, and every time i visit i change her background to them [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And then theres the countless times i called her an Orc and attacked her with my foam axe [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Yes i am annoying, but hey, if you don't like lord of the rings u deserve to be annoyed like that :P

There's a tonne of more stuff I've done, but eh, its late that's all i can think of [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

[ February 08, 2003: Message edited by: Stormcrow ]
Old 02-12-2003, 11:35 AM   #66
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

I've taken to writing Tengwar messages all over everywhere at school (i.e. on assignments, on the blackboard...) which gets on people's nerves. And then there's my countdown; every day I tell everyone *exactly* how many days are left until RotK is in theaters. (as of the day of this post, there are 308 days left!)

Then, whenever my family has to go somewhere (i.e. family parties), I bring Sting along with me. Just because I can, as I only barely got the scabbard for it. YAY!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2003, 11:15 AM   #67
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

I have discovered that the best way to annoy people about the LOTR trilogy is to quote lines, talk about the books and movies incessently, and to do various other Tolkien realated things. Examples, you say? So be it...

In English one day, my teacher was trying to give an example of passive voice writing. The example she used was "Frodo was given gifts to aid him on his journey." She asked me who gave the gifts (expecting me to spout off an answer such as "You can't tell from the sentence.") and so I answered with. "Galadriel. And Bilbo, Bombadil, Butterbur, Elrond, and Faramir. Did I miss any?" thus causing a large debate about how Bombadil's gifts technically didn't aid them with the quest, since the quest didn't begin until after they left him. That ticked off my entire class, with the exception of 3 people, who like me, were debating the relevance of singing as a gift.

For another, whenever I don't want people to read something I'm writing, I write it in Runes. This truly annoys teachers that confiscate the notes and the people who try to read over my shoulder.

Instead of using the nicknames or common names, such as Strider, Sam, and Gandalf, I almost always use Estelyn Telcontar, Samwise, and Mithradir.

When the girls in my school start talking about "that hot elf guy" (Legolas), I always enter the conversation with "No way- I could list actors much hotter." And then I start to list them.

When people start an IM with a question, I answer with "yessss, my preciousssss?"

When people talk about how cool Arwen was in the movies, I ask if she asked permission to ride Glorfindel's horse.

I have shots from the movies in my locker, as well as my much-worn copy of FOTR.

My all-purpose notebook has slightly changed song lyrics from LOTR, including a rendition of In Dreams.

I sing "Where There's a Whip, There's a Way" from the cartoon version of Return of the King, and I quote Pippen saying: "Gandalf, come quick. Denathor's gone plum loony!"

I hope that's enough, since I'm off to make myself lunch.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:37 AM   #68
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Feanor, I am definately going to have to use some of your ideas! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 01:09 PM   #69
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

I dont do this just to annoy the people who dont liike LOTR but also to the people who do.
I have this problem where if i think something is chessy i burst out laughing like the whole Arwen sleep scene. i also laugh when its really quite. i went again recently wit my best friend and at the part when Treebeard sees all the cut down trees it gets really quite and i burst out laughing. At these parts in the movie i usally get more atenntion than the movie because everyone is staring at me because im laughing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 08:50 PM   #70
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think I might have posted this in another topic...but I have this master plan to SERIOSULY freak out people who hate hobbits.Print up all thses pics of hobbits and tape them all over the place. if the plan goes correctly, this is what will happen:
When the victim wakes up in the morning she will find a picture taped to her alarm clock. and then one to her closet. now mildly annoyed she will get dressed etc. and in the bathroom she will find another pic on the mirror. She continues her morning routine, finding pics around the kitchen etC, setting out to school rather annoyed. when at school she will discover pictures first all over her lockers, in her backpack and purse. Slightly creeped out now, she will find pictures in her textbooks, on her desks, on her little pocket-mirror thing, on her back and virtually everywhere. And then, finally, she discovers a sign in her locker saying 'hobbits know where you live'. She will then freak out and break down crying, loosing whatever sanity she had left...ok the last part's not guarunteed but at least she'll get SERIOUSLY freaked out [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2003, 09:07 PM   #71
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sillabub, that is the best idea i have heard all day.

Feanor, I'm going to try your Rune-note idea!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 12:56 PM   #72
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I love to annoy people, especially people that see the movies 80 billion times but never read the books and think they're all "Tolkien Literate"
Geees! I have read the books, all mind you, and I recite lines that fit in with situations,
"Go back to the fiery chasm from wence you came!" to the annoying girl who tries to steal my boyfriends.
"Fool of a took!" To the snobby girls on my volleyball team, when they make a dumb mistake,
"Fog on the Barrow downs" To the skeptical people asking what site I'm on.
People think I'm weird but they're weird too, just too cowardly to express their internal weirdness!
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote