The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #121
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Garin: As for for taking hint's from Valier's narrative ... Maybe Nogrod figured them out and she wants her game to last more than 3 days. I am not sure I believe this but I thought I'd throw it out there.
I regret saying this and would like to apologize to our Moderator and regret questioning her motives. It was just a theory that I didn't believe in, personally.

I guess I was trying to figure out why Nogrod was killed and who else might have been on the martyr's list. I was suspecting Wilwarin since the end of the first day and she is on the list along with Sleepy Feline.

I guess what I am saying is that we shouldn't ignore Nogrod's list even though it was derived from a questionable hint-hunt.

Apologies to the dearly departed Valier and may the village live on.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #122
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
While the hints by Valier was just to make things more interesting, Glirdan may be onto something.
Quote:
If you note, Sleepy posted right after responding to this. He was later proven a Wolf. What does that tell us? The note had all three of the Wolves initials in there? Or was there just one? Or was it complete luck that we got Sleepy as Wolf? I definetly suggest looking into the other three mention above (Wilwa, Lommy and Tele)
The hint was nothing, but Nogrod's explanation of it and then Sleepy's immediate post that followed is a point of interest. Now Nogrod pinpointed Sleepy who has been proven guilty, but it may be possible Nogrod hit one of the other wolves as well and that pushed Sleepy to give his own explanation of the so-called hints. If that makes sense to anyone beside me. That's something to think about. But it's possible Nogrod just got Sleepy right and Sleepy was trying to dodge attention by offering his own idea about the "hint".

Thinlomien, Teleparca, and Wilwarin are three to watch and see, but I wouldn't base everything on a few posts that may just have been coincidence. Though I am rather sketchy of Teleparca. Wilwa's another one I'm pretty uneasy about. I have no real opinion on Lommy quite yet.

What I could and would have said about Wilwa already seems to have been said by Morm, so no need to repeat.
Quote:
I know that being one of (or the) last person to vote for him will get me in trouble tomorrow. If he's guilty you'll say I was tryiing to save my own hide, if he's innocent you'll say I was trying to save Fareal.
I think what got me the most about that was the part about trying to save Farael. At the time Wilwa voted day was about to end and Sleepy was ahead by two votes and so unless several people planned on changing votes in the last three minutes Farael didn't need to be saved.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #123
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
As I promised, I am back and with an analysis on Sleepy (I'm going to forget about analysing V=the death post).

Post #35 - Checks in and says to expect a random vote.

Post #42 - Decides that were-cats are meh. Chooses Kitanna as his random vote and votes for her.

Post #45 - Takes Nogrod's of post #43 and goes overboard with it. Looks at Teleperca and Lommy. Doesn't find anything suspicious about either of them. (Perhaps trying to cover for fellow Wolves? But I think it's probably his way of trying to get suspicion off of himself)

Post #46 - Double post. Takes the "I'm innocent" act a step further by pointing out Roa's location. (I'm going to completely disregard this attempt to make himself innocent and assume that Roa is most likely innocent. Why would a Cat want to inciminate a fellow Cat?)

Post #48 - Quotes Roa and ads on to what he said.

Post #50 - Asks what Nogrod meant by make fun of.

Post #52 - Quotes and corrects himself to Nogrod's post. Updates vote count. Sees an Eonwe bandwagon.

Post #57 - Finds Farael is rather jumpy. Lots of quoting and answering.

Post #60 - Quotes and apologises to Thinlo.

Post #75 - Quotes and answers Garin by saying that he is not enemies with him. Quotes Nogrod and answers. Speaks about past villages (I'm going to adress this shortly)

Post #77 - Changes vote from Kitanna to Farael and says that he's explained why earlier.

Post #84 - Asks Farael to restate his suspcions of him.

Post #87 - Says he's out for the Day and see you all next Day (HA!!)

I can't find anything else other than what I've put in italicies(sp?).

*OCC - Now there is something that I must adress that's been bugging me for quite some time. Now, I realise that the two people who did it are gone from the game, but it's still something that's enforced. Please refrain from talkling about specific games that have happened in the past. It takes the fun out of the game and you can't base everything on the statistics either.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #124
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Glirdan: Now there is something that I must adress that's been bugging me for quite some time. Now, I realise that the two people who did it are gone from the game, but it's still something that's enforced. Please refrain from talkling about specific games that have happened in the past. It takes the fun out of the game and you can't base everything on the statistics either.
Agreed, sir. I have been guilty of the same in other villages and am making an effort not to to repeat such behavior. The exchange between Sleepy and Nogrod seemed innappropriate. At least when I have done it I use vague dialogue abou 'past lives.'

Why is the village so quiet? I will check back later.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Last edited by Garin; 03-29-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #125
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Alright, I'm back. And caught up. More or less.

First impressions: Wow, um, Nogrod, I wasn't expecting that. I mean, not that I was expecting anyone in particular to die, but I just thought they'd go with a quieter member. Noggie just strikes me as the kind of player wolves/cats leave alive to make a scapegoat and get lynched. However, I realize this might be bias coming from the last game I played with him. Also after reviewing how Nogrod brought up the possible hints in Valier's post, this does give somewhat of a reason. So I guess it's not that surprising.

Taking the rhyme analysis into consideration, we can look at it two different ways. Either Wilwa, or Lommy/Telperaca are culpable and got scared of Nogrod pointing it out. OR none of these people are cats and the cats knew killing Nogrod would create instant suspicion of Wilwa & Lommy/Telperaca. If, indeed, Nogrod's interpretation of Valier's rhyme was the reason for his death. Assuming it was, I am going to state that I personally believe Valier when she says she didn't actually leave any clues and was just playing with us. So, therefore I think it's most likely that the cats killed Nogrod in hopes of making us suspicious of Wilwa & Lommy/Telperaca.

Wilwa's vote for Sleepy and apology to Farael could be taken as suspicious. I agree about that. But I don't think I'm going to vote that way toDay because of my own personal theory that the cats want us to go for W/T/T because of Nogrod's interpretation of the rhyme.

Not sure, then, who to direct my vote towards. I voted Farael yesterDay but I believe Farael helped lynch Sleepy -- so unless they decided to sacrifice one of their very first Day, this makes me a little more wary of voting Farael.

I have to read over the posts more. This is just my off the cuff thinking after reading through all the posts from toDay once.

At any rate I have plenty of time to vote (I'll probably be around right up to the deadline tomorrow) so I'm not going to rush into anything right now.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #126
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

(I x-posted with Glirdy & Garin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
As I promised, I am back and with an analysis on Sleepy
*OCC - Now there is something that I must adress that's been bugging me for quite some time. Now, I realise that the two people who did it are gone from the game, but it's still something that's enforced. Please refrain from talkling about specific games that have happened in the past. It takes the fun out of the game and you can't base everything on the statistics either.

Okay, okay... I think I just did this in my last post. In my defense, it was just acknowledging that maybe I'd let the way the last game I played went color my perception of Nogrod. Or how others perceieve him. Not that it matters much.

As a newer player, most references to former games go over my head.

I agree that we shouldn't spend a lot of time dwelling on past games.

However, to ignore them completely seems impossible, since they are part of our consciousness and we can't vacuum out all previous knowledge. I think that even if we make it taboo to mention prior games, people are still going to be thinking about them.

Anyway, so I guess what I'm saying is all things in moderation. Yes, we want this game to stand on its own feet, but no we didn't just get plopped down here from outer space and this isn't the first game ever played on the board.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:33 PM   #127
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Wilwa's vote for Sleepy and apology to Farael could be taken as suspicious. I agree about that. But I don't think I'm going to vote that way toDay because of my own personal theory that the cats want us to go for W/T/T because of Nogrod's interpretation of the rhyme.
Blllerrgh. Sorry, this is a triple post, but I didn't think I should edit. I meant her apology to Sleepy not Farael. Sorry. It's been a long day and when I read through a slew of posts all at once my mind turns mushy.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:02 PM   #128
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, I will be at the Inn until about an hour before closing time. I'm sorry that I couldn't do an analysis of the other three like I promised. If someone else would like to, please, be my guest. I shall see you all later tonight.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:07 PM   #129
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Why is everybody so quiet?

I would like to hear from many more especially Wilwa and I hope that she can respond to my doubts about her so as to be placated but I fear that if I am not I will vote for her, that is unless of course I find somebody that is more suspicious in my mind.

As far as those who have spoken thus far today I find Farael to be the only real odd one. He came out instantly with a vote for Eonwe. Perhaps he has a one track mind and will loose sight of everyone else once he is focused. I know I can get that way too . Anyway, Glirdan and Garin both seem fairly helpful as does Diamond but only to a slightly lesser degree. Currently I am inclined to believe both as innocents. Kitanna really only commented about the blasted rhyme, which I don't find particularly suspicious but I do find annoying. Let it be said clearly that if people are going on such a silly thing I perhaps would boycott this game altogether. So please let's just ignore it and move on.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #130
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Why is everybody so quiet?
I don't know about you but it's 10:30 PM where I am (CST) and 4:30 AM in GMT.

Not the most active time frames.

Quote:
As far as those who have spoken thus far today I find Farael to be the only real odd one.
Yet he did vote for Sleepy yesterDay, and Sleepy voted for him. Perhaps a wolf-on-wolf tactic, but a very risky and reckless one. I'm not sure I believe the wolves would, as a group, be so crazy.

Quote:
Kitanna really only commented about the blasted rhyme, which I don't find particularly suspicious but I do find annoying. Let it be said clearly that if people are going on such a silly thing I perhaps would boycott this game altogether. So please let's just ignore it and move on.
You seem awfully pushy on this matter.

Valier's the one who pointed us to her post for hints. Not only in Tol-in-Gauroth Jr. but in her second post in this thread (where she insisted we read the narration carefully because we never know what we might find). She did retract this and seem to regret having said it, but it was out there and cannot be truly taken back. Are you saying that the Cats definitely did not kill Nogrod because of his posting about the rhyme? For any conceivable reason?

Even considering that her narratives mean nothing special, we have to take into account that yesterDay and last Night her hint that they could (and the players reactions to that hint) may have affected the way the Cats thought and acted.

I have to say I do not like you telling us what to pay attention to and what to wipe from our minds.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:48 PM   #131
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I'll be heading to bed in an hour or so. I'll vote for

++Wilwa

For being generally suspicious. I was also swayed by the possibility Glirdan brought up concerning Sleepy's rapid response to the (now obsolete) clues in the rhymes, that Sleepy had spotted a couple of his fellow werewolves on that list. If I have a chance later, I might change my vote depending on what other arguments are brought up, but right now, with night soon approaching where I live, I'll take a chance and vote for Wilwa.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #132
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry but this post is all OOC

Quote:
You seem awfully pushy on this matter.
I do feel rather strongly and perhaps that is why I am coming across as such. I apologize for sounding strong or rude but my feelings are genuine. I had PMed Valier as soon as I saw it and didn't agree with the whole affair. I feel that it destroys the spirit of the game to give hints, now she has said that it was all done in jest and was not actually meant to be serious. I believe her but what bothers me is that some seemed to be too focused on that and perhaps I'm letting my feelings get the best of me. For that I am sorry.

Quote:
Are you saying that the Cats definitely did not kill Nogrod because of his posting about the rhyme? For any conceivable reason?
I am saying neither. I understand your point but I would choose to focus on other factors...one with more substance perhaps. Such as Wilwarin's final post.

Quote:
Even considering that her narratives mean nothing special, we have to take into account that yesterDay and last Night her hint that they could (and the players reactions to that hint) may have affected the way the Cats thought and acted.
Again I agree and choose to ignore this the best I can. Perhaps it's a bit naive of me but I think we ought to focus on those things that are not part of the narative.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:24 PM   #133
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Okay
I still view Diamond as suspicious.
I see Wilwarin as suspicious.
Glirdan, makes me uneasy. Basically, Glirdan, Wil, and Sleepy all had related Avatars. I'm trying to ignore this, but it is difficult.
Morm and Thin haven't left my sights.
BED TIME, see you on the flip side.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #134
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Kitanna really only commented about the blasted rhyme, which I don't find particularly suspicious but I do find annoying. Let it be said clearly that if people are going on such a silly thing I perhaps would boycott this game altogether. So please let's just ignore it and move on.
I'm not using that rhyme as anything, I'm just saying look how Sleepy reacted to it when Norgrod put in his two cents. Norgrod used it to suspect Sleepy and Sleepy jumped right on it. I'm not saying the rhyme is anything to go on because I knew yesterday it wasn't, but I still think reactions to it are worth looking into.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 PM   #135
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Morm:

I understand why you don't like supposed clue dropping. I didn't like it either and I'm glad Valier has retreated from that. But if the Cats allowed it to affect them, I'm not going to let it stop me from tracking them down that way. As far as I see it, analyzing their possible motives for killing Nogrod is true to the traditional spirit of the game, even if it takes into consideration his posts dealing with the rhyme.

I think the fact that a few of us seem to differ in our opinions on whether or not to completely ignore a portion of yesterDay's events isn't a very good reason to boycott the game entirely. Everyone has different syles of play and I just don't think it's "playing nice" to say, basically, "everyone play my way or I'm not playing." Which was how I saw your last post.

Garin:

I didn't know I was high on your suspects list before. Perhaps I missed something.

Edit -- X-Posted with Kitanna. Obviously, I agree with her... it's all about the reactions, my precious. (Hey, I'm in character. Gollum the Barmaid, hoo hoo hee hee hah hah.)

Last edited by Diamond18; 03-29-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #136
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Far be it from me to actually defend someone in one of these games (looks too lupine- or feline- you know), but I think Morm, that you completely missed the point of what Kitanna was saying.

As she said just now, the point of the matter was not the clues Valier had supposedly left, but Sleepy's reaction to them.

And, speaking of reactions, your own reaction to this whole matter is rather interesting. I am completely in agreement with you that Moderator Clues are rather unsporting. I also happen to think that Double-Lynching is unsporting. Your attitude on the subject is... overdone.

Unless you're a Werecat trying to hide from the village by drawing attention to the Clues Scandal, so as to keep the attention on the villagers already associated with that matter.

EDIT: X-posted with Cousin Diamond.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:39 AM   #137
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ok, quick post, as I have to go to work in ... ... 8 minutes...

I haven't read anything above, so can't speak to that.

Wilwa of course is a bit suspect for showing up so late yesterday. But not really that much, as that would be pretty brazen. But, of course, you don't rule it out.

That is all. Sorry to be so rushed, but such is the curse of life...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #138
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Here's my little defense of myself.

I told you yesterDay in my first post I would be back at 3ESt, but something happened and I ended up back at 5EST. So I had 1 hour before voting. I got stressed, especially once I became one of the last ones to vote. So I went through every scenario, if Sleepy was guilty and I voted for him, how much suspicion would I get? If he was innocent and I voted for him, if Fareal was guilty and I voted for him, and so on, thinking about what would give me the least amount of suspicion. I decided that voting for Sleepy would be better then not voting at all. I obviously was wrong since I have all the suspicion and not Glirdan.

So that's all I can say. I tried to make the best choice I could yesterday, thining about my own safety toDAY, and I guess I made the wrong choice. I obviously would have been better not voting, which I guess is what Glirdan realised.

Ok that was a lot of talking, I'm going to not defend myself anymore on this matter and just hope you all believe me.

ToDay I will hopefully be back at 3EST, but obviously anything can happen.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:49 AM   #139
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

*OOC - Just a quick check in before I head off to school. PS: I may not be able to vote again toDay as I won't be back until about an hour before closing time and it's more then likely that the computer will be taken.

Quote:
Glirdan, makes me uneasy. Basically, Glirdan, Wil, and Sleepy all had related Avatars. I'm trying to ignore this, but it is difficult.(Garin)
*OCC2-Well, I'm glad that you're trying to ignore this because you can't base anything on our avvies which are for another game. Go with the evidence that is found in the game, not with the Avvie's and locations and sigs. They mean nothing.

Wilwa, I am not casting suspicion on you because of your vote (which was made rather late but is completely understandable[for me anyway as I have the same problems you do]). I'm casting suspicion on you because Nogrod got one right in his post #43. Now, I have admitted earlier that it could have been sheer luck, but we can't be to sure of this.

What I want to know is what you mean by this:

Quote:
I obviously was wrong since I have all the suspicion and not Glirdan.
Please explain yourself Ms. Butterflyofthenumbers.

Now I'm off to tend to my bar. I shall be back (hopefully) in six hours.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:25 AM   #140
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I assume at least one of the fellow werecats voted Sleepy to exonerate her/himself. I believe Farael is innocent, because he cast the second vote for Sleepy; the one that makes the difference between a single vote and a bandwagon. A risk-taking werecat may cast the first vote for his/her fellow werecat, but to cast the second or the third vote is a bit too risky move for a werecat, or so I think.

The main question today seems (reasonably) to be why was Nogrod killed. He did get something right. His analysis on Valier's clues found out that Sleepy was a cat. Surely reason enough to the wolves to kill him, whether he pointed his finger on Sleepy accidentally or not. I don't believe Telperaca and Wilwarin so stupid, that they would kill Nogrod if they were cats, as it would straightly point to their guiltiness. The same goes with me, of course, but I don't bother to write my name there as I know I'm innocent.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:51 AM   #141
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
I obviously was wrong since I have all the suspicion and not Glirdan.
Wilwa, it seems to me that you are overreating just a bit, and that is, or course, is exactly what I would expect a werecat to do. See I don't think you've had all the suspicion. I for one have voiced some suspion of others. Farael already voted Eonwe, who does appear suspicious to me also. I believe that everybody has voiced suspicion of at least somebody else, so when you say that you have it all it makes me feel that we have a werecat who we've pinned against the wall with Farmer Maggots dog's keeping her at bay and she feels the pressure and heat.

I really wish to hear more from both Alcarillo and Eonwe. They both made a quick post and really didn't say a whole lot. Also Telperca hasn't posted today and only had one the first day. This is irksome because it makes it near impossible to read him/her. I'm certain there are others who haven't posted today but I am unable to do that cross checking currently.

Thinlómien, I have some questions regarding your last post. You seem to think that at least one werecat did a cat-on-cat vote, yet you fall short of naming any names. Please share with us those thoughts. I think you may have some valid points, however I would like to know more openly what you think.

Quote:
ThinlómienThe same goes with me, of course, but I don't bother to write my name there as I know I'm innocent.
Ummm, how is it that you are a known innocent? I don't believe that anybody is at this point?
Old 03-30-2006, 08:11 AM   #142
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Ummm, how is it that you are a known innocent? I don't believe that anybody is at this point?
I didn't claim to be known innocent! I said I know that I'm innocent. I didn't say that you other people know that too.

Quote:
Thinlómien, I have some questions regarding your last post. You seem to think that at least one werecat did a cat-on-cat vote, yet you fall short of naming any names. Please share with us those thoughts. I think you may have some valid points, however I would like to know more openly what you think.
Why I didn't name any names was because I had no specific suspect. I'm not especially suspicious of Garin since he started voting Sleepy. Other people had voiced suspicions of him (Sleepy) before so Garin must have known that he may cause a bandwagon when taking the first step to really accuse Sleepy. I still don't close out the possibility of an extremely bold wolf.

So my finger points to Kitanna, Kath and Wilwarin. However, I don't suspect Wilwa as much as I do the k-ladies; by casting the last, kind of meaningless bandwagon-vote and appearing in Nogrod's list would have made her look bad enough without Nogrod's death. I don't believe that she would have dared to kill Nogrod as a werecat.

So based on cat-on-cat strategy my main suspects are Kitanna and Kath. However, concentrating on cat-on-cat issue makes us overlook half of the village and half of the possible werecats. So I won't nominate the k-ladies as my main suspects. I have to read through other people's posts as well.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:42 AM   #143
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hello, sorry I'm so late. Just managed to get back from research (Read: I've been in bed almost constantly. I hate being sick.)

Reviewing the posts- sacrificing a fellow wolf/cat on day one is a bold but useful strategy. I've seen it work out well before. I doubt that both of the remaining cats voted for Sleepy, but I'm sure at least one did.

As for the cause of Nogrod's death- what wolf/cat in their right mind would kill someone already suspicious of them? That's like drawing a big red arrow over your head and saying "Lynch me!" They may have been getting revenge for Sleepy's death, or they may have been trying to divert attention onto Thin, Teleperca, and Wilwa. I don't rule put that our oponents are foolish, but I think's it's better to assume they aren't.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #144
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one around.

Quote:
I don't rule put that our oponents are foolish, but I think's it's better to assume they aren't.
I agree. In a game of ww you should never underestimate your enemy.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #145
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Voters (heh)

Garin
Farael
Nogrod
Kitanna
Kath
Wilwa

I plan to do an action summary and analysis of this group. Care to help, Thin?

Old 03-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #146
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Thinlómien: I still don't close out the possibility of an extremely bold wolf.
It seems I can never win, I cast the first vote for a known feline and stick to that vote and people still have the nerve to cast me in a negative light.

I can say the only reason the werecats let me live to see the next day instead of poor Nogrod is because they thought the village would be idiotic enough to lynch me.

'Cause, I'm so lynchable.

Keep talking Thinlómien. Please.

And Diamond I find you suspicious... well, just because.
I'm sorry, you deserve a better answer. You will discover that I tend to go on instinct rather than the making enormous lists. I didn't vote for you and probably will not.

I like to flush out comments by mentioning names.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #147
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh Garin, you're here too. Wanna help? You can analyse anyone but yourself. (Obviously.)

Old 03-30-2006, 11:19 AM   #148
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Sleepy Voters (heh)
Garin
Farael
Nogrod
Kitanna
Kath
Wilwa
I plan to do an action summary and analysis of this group. Care to help, Thin?
Yes, I could, though I think making a summary might only distract us more. Farael was the second voter so I'd let his case be for a while. Nogrod is dead, so I see no point in analysing him. I'm not suspicious of Wilwa or Garin so... Hmm... Maybe I could do Kath at least and if I have time, Kitanna. If you really want to analyse the other people, go on.

edit: 900th post! Yippee!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:20 AM   #149
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

I'll check out Kitanna because I've already looked at Wilwarin. I don't see why we are concentrating on the werecat voters and not those who made castaway votes and those who likely voted against innocents.

If there is a cat in the bunch, I still think it is Wilwarin.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #150
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok, if Garin does Kitanna, I'll do Kath.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #151
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Kath analysis

Yesterday - 2 posts

#4 - Wonders the starting time. Says she will back.

#101 - Suspects morm (pointing out Diamond's and Farael's "fighting", which she doesn't take seriously), Garin (for his cat-ownership), Farael (tried to get people pick up his random accusations, eager double-lyncher, changes suspects often) and Telperaca (vague reasoning). She says something that makes me uneasy:
Quote:
I'm also suspicious of Sleepy, but I have no reasoning behind that. He just makes me feel very uncomfortable. I would rather vote for someone I had real and even vaguely supported suspicions of, but at the moment my vote is likely to go to and stay with:
and then she votes him. Just above, she voiced somehow-grounded suspicions of three different people, so why on earth does she then vote Sleepy who she has no idea of? Kath, my friend, would you care to explain?

Today - nothing this far to analyse

Conclusion:
She has made only two posts this far and the one of them she is substantial in,she manages to be flip-floppy. Doesn't look good for her. Anyway, I would like to hear her explanations before drawing any further sinister conclusions.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #152
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

(I'm sorry for triple-posting... The flood is coming again... )

There are many people who haven't popped up by now. I know they still have plenty of time and they are in strange timezones , but nevertheless, it worries me.

When I read through the thread, two persons caught my attention. Alcarillo and Glirdan.

Alca just popped in and voted rather randomly (he gave no reasons except "suspiciousness"), then apologised and left. And he didn't even say he was in a hurry. I'd appreciate to hear about him more. He worries me a lot.

Glirdan doesn't post much substance. What really worries me about him is his analysises. Always an analysis. He might be trying to make us see through feline lenses or convince that he is helpful or convince he posts substance. he's hiding behind his analyses and I don't like it.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #153
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, it seems it might be the time for me to leave. I vote

++Glirdan

He has had a word today. There's too few on Alca and Kath to go on. A few posts. And I don't like voting people who can't defend themselves. (I know I'll probably have to leave my noble policy some day...)

Anyway, I voted now because I might have to go anytime between now and less than half an hour. I might comment more before I leave (depending on when I leave), but in case I won't may we lynch a wolf and good night (or day, depending on your locations) to all!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #154
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Garin
Day 1
1st post - Character stuff. Mentions two cats? Thinks one wolf is in the early visitors, says he will vote for one of the first three visitors.
2nd post - definition of specious
3rd - definition of fallacious
4th - “Thanks for that, Roa…” (What’d I do?)
5th - Finds Alca’s vote and apology suspicious, not convinced about mod hints, is unsettled by sleepy trying to discern the gifteds, doesn’t like Diamond calling him a cat.
6th - character post (more mentions of pet cats) and distrust Eonwe for random vote theory
7th - Lists suspects: Eonwe, Alcarillo, Sleepy Ranger, Mormegil (Why not?) Votes Sleepy, doesn’t want to make him an enemy, Asks for deadline.
8th - responds to Diamond’s pic
9th - worries about Form, says, “A feline can throw in a couple votes against fellow werecats and then go after an innocent in the end.” decides to stick with Sleepy vote despite being unsure.
10th - regrets remark about being unsure with Sleepy vote, says it is a feline play, not sure about anyone

Day 2
1st post - describes his vote for Sleepy, is suspicious of Wilwarin, suggests looking at Nogrod’s list to “see what happens”
2nd - Agrees with Mormegil that Wilwa’s language seems contrived, suggests that the hints from the narrative may actually be useful
3rd - Points out that Nogrod trusted him, Mormegil, and Diamond. Still suspects the other two, list assumed behavior if Wilwa is a werecat, sates that the vote is retractable, votes Wilwa.
4th - apologizes to moderator for assuming validity of the “hints”, says he didn’t actually believe in that theory, explains that he suspects Wilwa because of the end of the day and the list, doesn’t think we should ignore the list
5th - Agrees with Glirdan that the dialog about past villages is inappropriate, wonders about the quietness of the village
6th - Suspicious of Diamond, Wilwa, Glirdan, says Morm and Thin haven’t left his sights
7th - Complains about being suspected despite voting for Sleepy, thinks the only reason he’s alive and Nogrod isn’t is because he’s easy to lynch, asks Thin to keep talking, finds Diamond suspicious because of instinct alone, says he likes to flush out comments
8th - agrees to analyze Kitanna, doesn't understand looking at the Sleepy Bandwagon, still suspects Wilwarin

Old 03-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #155
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

And what are your own thoughts on that, Roa?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #156
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Analysis of Garin

What interests me is that you admit that Feline's may vote for each other to throw off suspicion, but then don't understand the reasoning for analyzing the Sleepy Bandwagon (oh, his name is too much fun). Your distrust of Eonwe came late in the game, as many others had been knocking this around before hand. While I know why I'm suspicious of Morm, I've yet to hear why you mention him so specifically. Also, when you say you're still suspicious of Thin- I didn't see you previously mention being suspicious of her. Did I miss something? You also stay on your suspicion of Wilwa without giving a good reason for it. You admit that alot of your suspicion came from the list theory, which has now been tossed aside, but you hold onto it anyways. If you're talking about reactions to it, she didn't really react.

Also, you're vote for Sleepy came after a lot of suspicion had been thrown on him. Maybe you sacrificed your fellow cat to make yourself look innocent. Certainly, being the first voter would seem to clear you. However, if it looked like a bandwagon was about to start anyways, you may just have been using it to cover your tracks.

Edit: Cross posted with Thin. I like to keep my analysis and my summary seperate, so as not to sway people trying to analyze on their own.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #157
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
There are many people who haven't popped up by now. I know they still have plenty of time and they are in strange timezones , but nevertheless, it worries me.

When I read through the thread, two persons caught my attention. Alcarillo and Glirdan.
I am actually in agreement with you here. Glirdan doesn't concern me as much as Alcarillo and Eonwe. However, I don't buy Wilwa's defense and I will vote for her. Tomorrow I will look closer at them and others who haven't said much. I think your willingness to look at many sources speaks in your favor Thinlomien, to your innocence however I am not fully convinced but I am leaning that way now.

With that said I still am uncertain as to a lot of things but I feel fairly strongly that Wilwa's vote yesterday was simply an attempt to dupe the rest of us by showing that she voted for a wolf. But really it was more like her screaming that she thinks we should kill him when he's already on the chopping block and transformed so it really doesn't show anything of her supposed innocence. Then we get to her explination and everything she says seems very contrived (to borrow from Garin...I was looking for that word). She's too suspcious for me.

++Wilwarin of the numbers
Old 03-30-2006, 12:27 PM   #158
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Following my analysis, it also occurs to me that your other main reason for suspecting Wilwa is her vote for Sleepy. Why then would you ask for the reason of analyzing Sleepy's voters?

Also, your first post today, drawing attention to your sleepy vote makes you very suspicious in my mind. It seems like your saying, "See? I voted for a cat! I must be innocent," which is exactly what I would expect a cat to say.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #159
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
No, you all!! VOTE FOR EONWE!!! HE'S SLIPPING THROUGH THE CRACKS!!!

Ok, back to my bacteria... erm I mean foolish behaviour
Old 03-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #160
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You could do an analysis of Eonwe if it bothers you that much Farael.