The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #281
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valesse
I don't know if I should feel a glow to that, Ang, as it seems those without village suspicion seem to be more often dismembered.

I was under the assumption that was who she was dreaming of the night of her death. I don't claim to know exactly how some of the gifted gifts work.
I, fortunately, do. Only Huntership and Cursedness are outside my ken of personal experience.

Many years ago-in the first recorded attack by werewolves on a village-my great-great-great-many-greats uncle, Sir Anguirel the Dastard, was, to our family's never-expiated shame, exposed as a wolf.

In a desperate attempt to atone for his uncle's crime, the Dastard's nephew, my great-great-many-greats-grand-father, swore upon his sword to protect the villagers of the land. He was slain fighting wolves soon afterwards disguised as a local blacksmith.

Our family's moment of glory came when the son of a junior line, Master Anguirel the Just, an itinerant justice, saved the fourth village to fall victim to a wolvish invasion, though he sacrificed his life for the cause. To this day the Anguirelli pray for his soul at our private chapel.

Much later, an illegitimate son of Lord Anguirel X, Anguirel "Wolfcloak", who had become a notoriously scurrilous bandit, fought 'gainst wolves at Tinseltown and though his efforts were vain, we still honour him as the bravest of our clan.

At Erbar Telemarth itself Sir Anguirel the Fair was foully lynched by the votes of wolves, but before he died he left his sword to a Hunter who quickly avenged his death with the enchanted blade. (The sword hangs on my mantelpiece to this day.)

At Shamville, a cousin of the hero Wolfcloak, a lowly jester, witnessed the horrors of that place of torture and helped drag it to its ruin, for though a villager he was as foolish as his profession suggests.

Rumour even has it that one member of our family, a bard, long ago infiltrated Tol-in-Gaurhoth itself, and brought back a strange story of wolves fighting among themselves.

I am the last of my line. And I do not intend to quail or surrender, young though I may be.

(ahem)

Enough of family history. The narration means nothing. tar need not necessarily have dreamed of Fea.

And as for your night-time safety, lady Valesse-you're a wolf. Feel better?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #282
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Please explain, I am trying to help the village.
By insulting those who make reasonable suggestions and speaking ill of the dead? Oh very helpful.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:31 AM   #283
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
I shall not post anymore for I have a much wood to work with today. I have seen nothing but unexplained votes in this town since day one. I break my back and have helped build this village, I have seen the village swayed by certain Lycans. I share in the desperation of Shelob who died innocent. My disdain for the village reflects hers, because we are not looking at everyone in detail, and going for the easy vote. Again, with a wolf in the mix.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #284
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Oh and my vote shall stand......

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #285
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Much better. Thank you.
You have a very noble family... lets hope associating with a carnie like myself doesn't affect your honor negatively.

Quote:
Also, whoever saw that Wayne and Gandalf seem to vote antagonistically had a good point, and with one newbie and one Wayne that could indeed point to wolvishness.
It is a quiet tactic... and since neither are here to post often we can't question why they feel the other is a wolf. Its hard to catch them when the length of their time with us is so brief.

Whoever sees them post next ought to make a point to bring this up... even if it is tomorrow (in game). (I'll try to wake up early enough the next couple of days. I feel as if I am coming down with something, however, but that also means that I will not be going to school.)

=Edit= Also: My vote remains as it was yesterday and early this morning.

Last edited by Valesse; 01-26-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #286
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valesse
Much better. Thank you.
You have a very noble family... lets hope associating with a carnie like myself doesn't affect your honor negatively.
Nonsense. I am sworn to help and succour all damoiselles and maidens.

Trust me, I enjoy it...
Old 01-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #287
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
I think I'm having premonitions...

This is the strangest thing in the world. I have to explain to you now, and I have very little time. (Most of you probably won't believe me at all, but I don't know what else to do, because Glirdan hasn't PMed me back.)

So, last night at around 11:30 EST, Glirdan posted on this thread saying that voting was closed and he would be putting up the death scene for Garin. I responded on the Tol-In-Gaurhoth Junior thread saying that we hadn't had enough time and many people hadn't voted. Apparently, he saw this after he'd already posted the death for Garin and has since deleted it. I swear to you I'm not crazy. The post was there and so now, I know Garin's role. Can I admit it?

GLIRDAN AND GIL-GALAD I'D LIKE YOU TO POSTPONE THE DEATH SCENE UNTIL SOMEONE GIVES ME AN ANSWER ABOUT WHAT I DO IN THIS SITUATION.

I know I must sound out of my mind, but I can quote to you his death scene and everything. I have no idea what this situation calls for. Sorry, everyone.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #288
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

INTERESTING
So you know the truth, I went to bed after Glirdan said a post was forthcoming. This is an intriguing dilemna for the villagers and the mods, use it wisely.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #289
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oh Lord. What a...balls-up.

Just...keep quiet. I'm afraid that's the only advice I can offer. You'd better stay silent today-no one will think worse of you for it. Unless someone thinks of a better idea...
Old 01-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #290
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh well I think Garin is doomed anyway .... I personally have not been convinced by his protestations but hey noone in my family has spotted a werewolf since my many times great grannie helped lynch Anguirel's dastardly Uncle and one of his fellows before falling victim to the last.......

However this rather suggests you are innocent..

My vote seems irrelevant other than as a fishing trip .. but whom... Wayne bears looking at.. I am still more or less persuaded by Kath.. Valier and Valesse don't have a clue... get muddled!!

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:19 PM   #291
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oh yes, it's pretty clear from his own gloating reaction he's innocent. But that's exactly why we still have to lynch him. Otherwise we're...cheating...sort of thing...because we know, had we not been given this information, we would have undoubtedly lynched him.

This is where retractable votes become a nightmare. People can now pretend to have "second thoughts"...
Old 01-26-2006, 12:19 PM   #292
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Going Fishing.....

++Gandalf

Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #293
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Oh well I think Garin is doomed anyway
Meaning you know me to be innocent Mithalwen?
I said I will no longer post and that my vote stands but due to Aber's honesty, I once again change my mind.....
--Abercrombie ++Mithalwen
Guten Nacht.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #294
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh sorry Ang I was talking about Abercrombie with theyou seem to be innocent

Old 01-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #295
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
Meaning you know me to be innocent Mithalwen?
I said I will no longer post and that my vote stands but due to Aber's honesty, I once again change my mind.....
--Abercrombie ++Mithalwen
Guten Nacht.

What ..no ...I didn't mean that..... I only know I am innocent..whatever

Old 01-26-2006, 12:24 PM   #296
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I hadn't even considered that angle, Mith, but you're right.

The mods got us into this mess. Frankly, I say they should use the Divine Right of mods to get us out of it.

If this ever happens in the future, the person with the extra knowledge must keep quiet, otherwise these type of things, which seriously affect the game, occur...
Old 01-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #297
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, I shall decline to vote for today. My retracted vote DOES NOT in anyway indicate Garin's role. I just feel it's best in my position if I don't vote at all today.

--GARIN
Old 01-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #298
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
If this ever happens in the future, the person with the extra knowledge must keep quiet, otherwise these type of things, which seriously affect the game, occur...
It was noble of Aber to come forth and she did try to contact the mod god first. This really throws a wrench in the plans of the wolves. Try not to be so upset Ang.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:33 PM   #299
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK on reflection, on the trousers of time theory...

When I thought we might have a short "day" last night I was goingt o vote Garin then .. perhaps I should now. I cannot see a satisfactory way out of this... maybe the mods gan..I know I pulled a few weird stunts when I modded....

--Gandalf

arrrrrgh

Old 01-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #300
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

I say this has been a telling day and if Glirdan wishes to follow yesterday's deadline and lynch me it would probably be best. I offer myself to the village, on a slab, and thus await my fate.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #301
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I feel the situation has become...........beyond me..wibble

Old 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #302
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Can we end this farce early? Please? If either of the apes in question are about, I entreat that they post the sacrifice of St Garin the Sanctimonious...
Old 01-26-2006, 12:41 PM   #303
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I entreat that they post the sacrifice of St Garin the Sanctimonious
I think I found my new signature wolfie.
lovingly,
Garin

Old 01-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #304
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin, be sure to don a helmet...
Old 01-26-2006, 12:50 PM   #305
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh this is just mean.................

Old 01-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #306
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Wow!! This is something unheard of. If I post the death, the next Night won't end until tomorrow at the time I would normally post it. Is this ok with everyone?
Old 01-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #307
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Works for me. I just want this day over. And Garin, with your assinine attitude, good riddance.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #308
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Works for me. I just want this day over.
Jes.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:01 PM   #309
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Quote:
Garin, with your assinine attitude, good riddance.
A little pleased to see an innocent die, methinks.
Sure mod, kill me know.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #310
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ok. You have accepted the terms of your death. I'll have it up (again ) shortly.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #311
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

That day, after burrying their dead Gifteds, the village returned to the village square, not even bothering to go back to their jobs. They walked up to one another, discussing theories. Finally, when it was time to vote, everyone decided that it was best to be rid of the carpenter. "His lousy carpenting skills broke the gallows!" Roa cried.

"But why? I've been a good friend, haven't I?" he asked. "Why do you want to lynch me?"

"Because. You're the most suspicious. Duh!" Crombie stated bluntly.

"Well, you have no means to lynch me!" Garin cried triumphantly. At this, everyone else murmered in silent agreement.

"Well, we could always use his carpenting tools," Wayne suggested. With that, they tied Garin up and brought him over to his shop. They looked around for the best tools to use to lynch him. "How about the buzz saw!!" Gandalf said. This was met with excited replies. They grabbed Garin, tied him to the buzz saw table and started the machine. "Wait! Please!! Stop!! You're making a big mistake.

"Says you, Wolf!" Ang cried. With that, he pushed the saw closer and closer to Garin's head. As the saw got closer, they all looked away. The last thing they heard was Garin's scream of pain. When they heard the saw stop, they turned around to look at the body of the carpenter. His body was cut neatly in two. Blood was spattered all over the place: on the walls, on the floor and on the other villagers. As they looked in horror at the body of Garin, it fell off the table and the villagers screamed and they ran out of the shop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dead
Glirdan(Mod) - Night 1 - Beheaded and then reheaded with a sax
Gil-Galad(Mod) - Night 1 - Bled to death.
Eonwe(Ordo) - Day 1 - gallows collapse on top of her
Thin(Wolf) - Day 1 - strangled to death, by Valesse with a hidden chord
Eomer(Ranger) - Night 2 - stabbed through his stomach with own sword
Shelob(Ordor) - Day 2 - killed herself with her scciors in sacrifice
tar-ancalime(Seer) - Night 3 - stabbed by spear through the heart
Feanor of the Peredhil(Hunter) - Night 3 -Mauled on both sides
Garin(Ordo) - Day 3 - Buzz sawed neatly in two

Alive
Roa
Ang
Mith
Kath
Gandalf
Valier
Valesse
Wayne
Crombie

Day 3 is over. Night 4 starts. I only need a name from the Wolves please. I'll have the Night's death up tomorrow up by 10:30pm Eastern time.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #312
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
This is the strangest thing in the world. I have to explain to you now, and I have very little time. (Most of you probably won't believe me at all, but I don't know what else to do, because Glirdan hasn't PMed me back.)

So, last night at around 11:30 EST, Glirdan posted on this thread saying that voting was closed and he would be putting up the death scene for Garin. I responded on the Tol-In-Gaurhoth Junior thread saying that we hadn't had enough time and many people hadn't voted. Apparently, he saw this after he'd already posted the death for Garin and has since deleted it. I swear to you I'm not crazy. The post was there and so now, I know Garin's role. Can I admit it?

GLIRDAN AND GIL-GALAD I'D LIKE YOU TO POSTPONE THE DEATH SCENE UNTIL SOMEONE GIVES ME AN ANSWER ABOUT WHAT I DO IN THIS SITUATION.

I know I must sound out of my mind, but I can quote to you his death scene and everything. I have no idea what this situation calls for. Sorry, everyone.
I will vouch for Crombie on this. I know it is after the posted death, but I have to explain it somewhere and best do it here, where the trouble began. Yes, I did have the post up and yes I deleted it after I saw Crombie's post in the original thread. I also now know that there are a few of you who have seen that post last night. I have no idea what to do in this kind of situation so, I will have to say that anything that you saw LAST NIGHT, please put in the back of your mind and please do NOT use it to your advantage. I'm sorry for the inconvience. Please forgive me!!!

Oh, and just another clarification, Crombie is not out of her mind.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #313
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Crombie woke up in the middle of the night from a horrdi dream invovling her being brutally slaughtered in the middle of the Night. She got up, went to the kitchen to get a cup of water and returned to bed. She layed down, trying to go back to sleep. "O that Garin!!" she thought to herself. "If it weren't for his stupidity for sacrificing himself, we might have been down a Wolf!! But noooo!!" That's when she heard. The snarling of two creatures out on a hunt...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The village awoke, got dressed and gathered in the square for the daily head count. They were all dismayed, yet not at all surprised, to find one missing from their ranks. "My dear friend Crombie!!" Mith cried. "What evil has befallen upon thee!?" With that, they walked over to Crombie's house and saw that the door was torn off it's hinges. They walked inside, dreading that their worst fears were about to come true. They looked around her living room and saw that everything had been torn apart, and then they saw something that made them scream. Two legs laying on the couch in a bloody mess. They walked into the the bathroom and saw the arms lying in her makeshift tub. Then they walked next door to Crombie's bedroom and saw that everything but her bed had been torn to bits. Laying on the bed was a torso. "Well, we found everything but the head..."started Gandalf. They then walked into the kitchen, fearing what they might see there. They looked around the kitchen and noticed nothing amiss, untill.... "Why is the sink on?" Valesse asked shrilly. Kath walked over to the sink looked in and almost threw up. There, sitting in the water was Crombie's head, blood streaming out of her eye sockets, mouth, ears and nose not to mention where her head was supposed to be attached to her body. In her blood, written on the wall was a message:

8 villagers down, 6 more to go!!

Dead
Glirdan(Mod) - Night 1 - Beheaded and then reheaded with a sax
Gil-Galad(Mod) - Night 1 - Bled to death.
Eonwe(Ordo) - Day 1 - gallows collapse on top of her
Thin(Wolf) - Day 1 - strangled to death, by Valesse with a hidden chord
Eomer(Ranger) - Night 2 - stabbed through his stomach with own sword
Shelob(Ordor) - Day 2 - killed herself with her scciors in sacrifice
tar-ancalime(Seer) - Night 3 - stabbed by spear through the heart
Feanor of the Peredhil(Hunter) - Night 3 -Mauled on both sides
Garin(Ordo) - Day 3 - Buzz sawed neatly in two
Crombie(Ordo) - Night 4 - Torn to bits and body pieces dispersed through house

Alive
Roa
Ang
Mith
Kath
Gandalf
Valier
Valesse
Wayne

Day 4 starts. Wolves please stop PMing. Get at it people. You read the message.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:47 AM   #314
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Its a real pity... she had a lovely quilt.

I'm hoping Gandalf and/or Wayne read this (since now I know I probably will not be up/around for their usual 'avalible' times), but several of the villagers are curious as to why you have both be nominating each other to vote as wolves. If you could spread some light on this it would be lovely.

Alright... well I guess today's death is for the protection of the game since Abers read it... So anyone being suspected by her is just as likely as anyone who was not.

So we're still drawing conclusions from the last few deaths? Yikes.. hmm. It appears that the first person to really bring up suspisions on Wayne is tar- though I could be wrong as it is very early and my eyes keep crossing. This is important why..? Because tar was the last person killed that we know has nothing to do with the death fluke.

Last edited by Valesse; 01-28-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:32 AM   #315
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Hi people.... no need to say that things are not improving around here and the wolves have killed the self evident innocent :S I really wish I hadn't pointed that out....... I am also sorry that my other prediction that all the sound and the fury on day 2 was 2 innocents venting self righteous indignation. That kind of behaviour just gives your fellow innocents an excuse to make a vote that is easy on the conscience in the absence of a more evident candidate and lets the wolves laugh behind their furry paws as the spotlight keeps off them.

So please, and I know I elsewhere I have been a grievous ofender, could my fellow innocents be a little less paranoid and we may catch a wolf as we so desperately need to today.

There are eight of us left.

Only five are "true" innocents. One of us is cursed. Two are wolves.

We are getting to the stage where it may all now hang on the cursed..and we have no way of knowing who that is...

At the moment I think Wayne or Gandalf are going to be my focus.... but I am going to reread everything.

Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 AM   #316
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Tar was also the seer Valesse, and anyone who has been in a game with Wayne knows he is quite baffling so might she have dreamt of him to settle the eternal "Is wayne a wolf or is Wayne being Wayne" question.... of course her hint may have been an expression of intent that got her killed ..but I need to go back and look.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #317
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd like to suggest that nobody makes an early vote right now. I know they're retractable but even so. Once a bandwagon begins we get suckered into it, and it's very difficult after that to gather enough votes for anyone else, even with being able to retract previous ones.

I'm inclined to agree with Mith and Valesse that it should be Wayne and Gandalf we focus on today. Admittedly they may both be innocents, but they aren't exactly helping us much and quite a lot of our time is spent considering them. If they are innocent then they are wasting our time. Lynching them is the only way to determine this. Therefore I am (against my better judgement) wondering if we should consider a double lynch to rid ourselves of this nuisance.

Hopefully such an action would get us at least one wolf. The worst scenario would be that two innocents are dead, and we can ill afford that. So, it seems we have to decide which is the lesser of two evils:

a) Keep them alive and allow them to keep making one post per day, Wayne especially being as unhelpful as possible.

b) Lynch one of them and leave the other alive (in which case due to tar's words about him I would suggest that be Wayne).

c) Lynch both of them and hope we get at least one wolf in the mix.

My mind is by no means made up on this, I want to see what you all think. So please - tell me! Dicsuss! Ridicule this plan if you must but at least consider it.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:17 AM   #318
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Don't like tripple posting but this cyber cafe is expensive.. will try to get back online.

Rereading .. alas most of the posts seem to have been by or about the dead and yield little.

I am still inclined to think that Ang and Roa are innocent and probably Kath but less certain.

Wayne and Gandalf - like a pair of twins squabbling almost when they are hear which is infrequent..... a little more commitment please guys .. we can't ignore them as they ignore us...

Valier and Valesse not as quiet but not the most prominent ..... I have looked at them particularly this rereading. Theri names make them seem like another pair of twins... but is one evil? I am beginning to think Valesse more likely to be innocent and possibly that Valier may be a low-profile wolf.. being around enough to be perceived but not enough to attract the spotlight.

I may be quite wrong and with my luck Ang and Roa will be the lupines..but

voting for Wayne or Gandalf (though I don't feel they are contributing much to the life of the village even if they are not contributing to the deaths in the village) .... is too much of the easy conscience-salve. I hope to be back but it may mix things up if I do this

++Valier

I hope a few of you make here sometime!!!

Old 01-28-2006, 08:19 AM   #319
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh Sorry didn't see that ....... I voted becasue I wasn't certain of returning and I was on my own here.

--Valier

Old 01-28-2006, 08:23 AM   #320
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Sorry Mith, those tortoises just won't get out of bed before midday

Thanks for retracting the vote though. What do you think of the idea?