The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #281
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
I still think Fordhim the Cobbler. You're trying to flush him out. A noble effort, if foolish.~Formendacil
My dear Formendacil, why would I try to flush out the Cobbler? What would that do for me? No, indeed I am the Cobbler. Oh, do you notice I can talk properly now? You were atleast right in one thing, that my "spekkin" covered who I was. I was hoping you had trouble deciphering and understanding what I was saying. I couldn't help but wanting to bust out laughing when Aiwendil offered me speaking lessons. I'm so glad everyone was fooled.

Now the village won't benefit to hang the cobbler (or atleast the two remaining innocents wouldn't, because that means game over). So, I could vote for myself and have the two remaining wolves tag along and lynch me, granting wolf victory. But, I kind of wander whether I want to be around to see the wolves destroy those two innocents left, it would be rather fun actually, to see my work and their's complete. Though, I guess if I have to I could sacrifice myself for wolf victory.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:39 PM   #282
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
Yea, 'cause all the cobbler had to do was vote themself and the 2 wolves would vote with that person and there would be nothing for I and the other innocent to do.
Couldn't have put it better meself...

++ FORDIM HEDGETHISTLE
Old 12-13-2005, 01:59 PM   #283
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Master Fordim, you clearly have lost your mind. I guess this is an attempt to be totally whacky and cause mass confusion in the village, now the wolves just have to tag onto your vote. But, really trying to pass people off as your the cobbler?

++Boromir88

Fordim and Formendacil are the helpless Innocents.

Holby and Kath are the two wolves. I have no idea what Fordim is doing, seems just nuts to me.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #284
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
So this village has two Cobblers instead of one?

'Cause that's what it is starting to look like....
Old 12-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #285
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, my fellow wolf, I believe that enough is enough.

I really don't care which of our Cobblers gets the boot, but so long as we vote together, one of them will.

Or we can orchestrate a double-lynching.

++ Fordhim Hedhgethistle
Old 12-13-2005, 03:22 PM   #286
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Formendacil, you have played lovely, I would never have suspected it.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:41 PM   #287
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Of course you didn't. No one did. Except maybe Morm... and the Hunter so nicely suspected HIM last night.

I was deliciously pleased with that! Morm had it coming to him, with his manipulative ways...

(And yes, if anyone needs further proof, I think analysis of this post will show, quite clearly, a wolf gloating over the successful pulling of wool over foolish eyes.)
Old 12-13-2005, 03:55 PM   #288
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Two cobblers?! Then let them both die, although I'm sure Kath will come and mess things up, but she's dead, too!!

++Boromir
Old 12-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #289
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Me? Mess things up! Well not on purpose at any rate. I shall simply refrain from voting. For once it seems the only thing to do!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #290
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Day 5

The stench of doom hung in the air like fog. If a werewolf was not lynched today, then the entire village would be destroyed. Each villager cast a vote, and in the end it was decided that a double lynching would occur; if two wolves were lynched, the village would survive to see the next day; if only one wolf, or no wolves, were lynched, then the village was doomed.

Boro and Fordim were selected to die, both had acted like a King's Man, but nobody in the village was sure which was Ar-Pharazôn's true spy. Their deaths were imaginative: they would be tied to the mast of Boro's boat and the boat would be sunk into the harbor, where a watery grave awaited them. Kath, Holby, and Formendacil led the victims down the pier, the one without the smoldering remains of a pyre, and shoved them onto Boro's boat. The villagers tied them to the mast with itchy rope from the warehouse, where Lhuna's head still remained, unable to be found among the rotting crates. Neither Boro nor Fordim struggled; they seemed happy to be giving up their lives for the werewolves and the destruction of the village. The villagers then drilled a hole into the hull using poor Morm's drill, and the salty water gushed into the boat. The villagers leapt off the boat and onto the pier, to more safely survey the sinking. Boro was now trying to free himself of the ropes when he saw that death was unavoidable, but Fordim stood calm and proud. "I am glad to have helped further our great king's plans!" Then he laughed, just as the mast dipped below the waves. The tops of Boro's and Fordim's heads poked out from the harbor, just enough to let the villagers on the pier survey the drowning. From the pier the villagers could see Boro trying to claw his way to the surface, but as the minutes passed, both victims ceased to move. Kath leaned forward and peered into the water.

"Neither are werewolves!" She cried. Her stomach turned upside-down as she realized her horrible fate. She wheeled around, only to see Formendacil and Holbytlass transform into wolves. They grew thick, shaggy hair all over their bodies, and their eyes turned yellow, and they sprouted tails and fangs and snouts. Finally, they grew to an immense size, and burst from their clothing with a howl. Kath was terrified. She shoved past the changing werewolves, and ran into town. There was a tool shed near the warehouse, and there she ran, with the werewolves now in hot pursuit. She locked herself inside and selected a pitchfork from the tools. The werewolves were now at the door, banging on it and clawing it apart. There was no hope of escape: there would be no Alcarillo and Lhuna to wield their swords against the monsters, no Aiwendil with his flashing arrows, and no Jack to lend his sage advice. It was just Kath, alone in the tool shed. She gripped her pitchfork firmly; at least she would not go down without a fight. Gathering her courage, she unbolted the door, and the werewolves sprang inside, with red tongues hanging from their jaws and the scent of blood in the air. Kath thrust her pitchfork with all her strength, but it was no use, and the werewolves were upon her, and they dug into her skin with their claws, and she fell to the dirty floor screaming.

WEREWOLVES WIN!

Dead
Alcarillo – mod - impaled upon his own sword – NIGHT 1
dancing spawn of ungoliant – werewolf – pushed off the cliffs and into the sea – DAY 1
Jack – seer – toasted and roasted in forge – NIGHT 2
Rune son of Bjarne – ordinary – burnt at the stake – DAY 2
Gurthang – ordinary – slain in naval engagement – DAY 2
Wilwarin538 – ordinary – killed with fiddle-strings – NIGHT 3
WaynetheGoblin – ordinary – burnt at Gurthang's stake – DAY 3
The Saucepan Man – ordinary – dismembered – NIGHT 4
Lhunardawen – ranger – beheaded – DAY 4
Aiwendil – hunter – killed by Morm – NIGHT 5
Mormegil – ordinary – killed by Aiwendil – NIGHT 5
Boromir88 – ordinary – trapped on his sinking house – DAY 5
Fordim Hedgethistle – cobbler – trapped on Boro's sinking house – DAY 5
Kath – ordinary – killed by werewolves – DAY 5

Living
Formendacil – disgruntled office clerk
Holbytlass – butcher

Excellent game! Seer dreams, hunter picks, and ranger picks coming up soon!
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #291
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

NIGHT 1
Seer – The Saucepan Man

DAY 1
Hunter – Dancing Spawn

NIGHT 2
Seer – Boro
Ranger - Aiwendil
Hunter - Wilwa

DAY 2
Hunter - Fordim

NIGHT 3
Ranger – The Saucepan Man
Hunter – Wilwa

DAY 3
Hunter - Kath

NIGHT 4
Ranger – Formendacil
Hunter – Lhuna

DAY 4
Hunter – Kath? (I'm not sure. Aiwendil, do you remember?)

NIGHT 5
Hunter - Mormegil
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:38 PM   #292
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Wolves, very well played. I never once suspected Holby. I think she makes a great wolf. I believe that this was Formendacil's first time as a wolf and he played wonderfully.

I played miserably however. I must say that while Fordim played great as a cobbler I think I did better at that role this game . Everything I did seemed to go wrong and I got rather frustrated and it felt like I was a decendent of Hurin and cursed by Morgoth.

Anyway great game all and fun modding Alcarillo.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:45 PM   #293
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe Back from the dead ...

Quote:
Seer – The Saucepan Man
I hate to say I told you so ...

Besides, since when am I ever a Wolf? In the 6 or so games I have played I have only been something other than an ordinary villager once!

And the morale of the story is that Boro and Morm need to stop getting suspicious of The Saucepan Man around half way through the game.

But I must congratulate Holbytlass and Formendacil, even at the risk of provoking further gloating. After a hairy start, I don't believe that either came anywhere near being lynched. I had a residual concern about Formy, although nothing that I was going to act on in the immediate future. And I regarded Holby as almost certainly innocent.

Two scarily innocuous Wolves, indeed. How many games must I play before it gets into me befuddled skull that those as seems most innocent are most likely most guilty? Although that reasoning would've probably 'ad me voting for Aiwendil.

Well played too, Fordim. It never actually occurred to me that you were the Cobbler before I died, although it should have done. All that separating out villagers into groups and telling us that there might be a Wolf there or there might not. As I said, self-appointed stater of the bleedin' obvious. And it's now painfully obvious what you were aiming to (and did in fact) achieve. Glad I voted for you on Day 1 now, though, and I hereby formally retract my apology.

And excellent modding by Alcarillo too. The highly descriptive morning/evening inserts were most entertaining and I loved the background story too. Great job!

And an enjoyable game all round, if rather short. I was well aware of the stress these games can cause, but I'm not sure that anything will quite match the tension, from my perspective, towards the end of Day 3, when the voting basically forced me into making a choice between what turned out to be four innocents. I was very close to just voting for myself since I was pretty sure that, practically all of the choices would lead to me being the prime suspect the next day. I'm sorry Wayne, but I am afraid that you were the best choice at the time, although it probably sealed my fate that night.

As for the last day, well there was never even a fool's hope. Good try, Boro, but I think that you achieved the best that you could have hoped for, which was to take the Cobbler down with you.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:46 PM   #294
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well done, Formendacil and Holbytlass - and Spawn, whose death protected Formendacil for the rest of the game!

Apologies to my fellow villagers for dooming us last night - I was utterly convinced that Mormegil was a Wolf, after he voted for Lhuna.

Anyway, 'twas tremendous fun. I look forward to playing again.

Edit: Yes, it was Kath I hunted on DAY 4 - mainly because I thought she'd be lynched, and I wanted to have my options open that NIGHT - not that it would have done much good.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:57 PM   #295
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sauce you have my promise that if I'm ever the seer again with you in a game I won't dream of you the first night okay.

I agree with you though, I'm not sure why but always around the middle of the game the scary thought comes to my mind that you are a wolf and I create some crazy theory to fit what you have done no based on fact
Old 12-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #296
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Pipe Short comments on the Game

Alcarillo – mod - What can I say but brilliant
dancing spawn of ungoliant – werewolf – Allthough you died early, I thought you did a great job. Never suspectet you.

Jack – seer – Had you just survieved a little longer

Rune son of Bjarne – ordinary – Now that was a kill that made no sence.

Gurthang – ordinary – I love your way of playing this game, quite suprising.

Wilwarin538 – ordinary –

WaynetheGoblin – ordinary – I was so happy when you actually made a post that was longer than one sentence. If I had lived at the time I would have tried to save you just for that.

The Saucepan Man – ordinary – Don't know what to say. . . One moment I thought you were a wolf then I was convinced of your inoccens. Guess it was smart of the wolfs to let you live for a while.

Lhunardawen – ranger – Never understood the case against her. I was convinced of her inoccense quite early on. Great Game!

Aiwendil – hunter – You played a great game, exept for the killing of Mormegil, but none could have guessed that. First I suspectet you, then I thought you were inoccent and in the end I thought you were a wolf

Mormegil – ordinary – Just when you made the dubble lynch happen I was sure you where a Wolf, but as the game went on I became less suspisios of you.

Boromir88 – ordinary – I never knew what to think of you! Great stunt you pulled at the end.

Fordim Hedgethistle – cobbler – well you played a great game, I never knew what to think of you. At last I convinced my self that you where a wolf.

Kath – ordinary – Not much to say about you other than you where most likely inoccent.

Formendacil – Wolf – He never suspectet him.

Holbytlass – wolf – I was sure you were inoccent! I feel so foolish. . .

To sum things up: You guys played great, but the wolfs outsmartet us by doing what no one expectet. I am impressed.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:05 PM   #297
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Glad I voted for you on Day 1 now ...
On second thoughts, I'm not. It occurs to me that, had I voted for Formendacil on Day 1, I would have caused the double lynching of Spawn and Formy ...

Not that there was much chance of me taking that much of a risk so early on.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #298
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Down to the depths with all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Quote:
Of course you didn't. No one did. Except maybe Morm... and the Hunter so nicely suspected HIM last night.
I beg to differ. Allow me to point out my second to last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Quote:
Now I as' you, and this may make me surspected, but I dun care. If yous peeple werent so busy talkin' 'bout all these cunnin' wolf tricks, you might be catchin' the real perpetrators who are obvious wulfs. Sumtimes da answers are sittin' right in front of yur faces, but you cant see 'em, cus your too concentrated on sumone trickin' you.

But, dis may get me surspected...if I wus a wulf, and knowin' Aiwendil wus votin' fur Spawn, why the 'eck wuld I vote fur her, wid Formendacil up by one vote at the time?

No, throw out all this nonsense about wulves tryin' to throw a blanket over our eyes. The only peeple throwin' blanket over our eyes, is you durn peeple that try to think up these crazy theories.
Okay, now Boromir's got me looking at him. In this post, he says don't try to make up schemes that wolves might do; it will just confuse us. Makes sense to me. But then he starts putting out schemes, not entirely unlike the ones he just denounced.

Quote:
Wulves like to do a few things.

1) Keep peeple alive who are the main surspects. As long as the 'ave the peeple who are the main surspects aroun' it makes findin' a wulf 'arder.

2) Set peeple up. They like to make it seem sum peeple as bein' more suspishus (say by killin' the person that sumone else voted fur). And that's what I think the case with Holby is (as of right now), she was set up. The wulves killed the person she voted fur to make 'er look mor' suspishus.
Also note that these posts were back-to-back and only 10 minutes apart. That's quick shifting, Boromir.

Wilwa is still about the same for me, her vote yesterday seems wolfish. That doesn't mean she is, but it looks that way regardless.

And now Formendacil has added to my suspicion. He posted about three people, yet just listed possibilities, never telling which he thought. Just this or that, not very helpful to me.

Holbytlass is 95% innocent in my eyes. All of her arguments (against me ) seem sound and reasonable, despite their falseness. Master Saucepan I (mostly) believe to be innocent, too, because it makes sense that Jack would dream of him. And Aiwendil's posts just keep astounding me with how reasonable they are. I especially like his how an innocent would act vs. how a wolf would act.

So, in everpopular list format(no order):

Likely innocents:
Holbytlass
Master Saucepan
Aiwendil

Suspect:
Wilwarin
Formendacil
Boromir

On a completely other tangent, Fordim's lists and numbers just keep coming and coming, and then going in circles. I don't really see it as a wolvish plot, but it just seems to be taking up space. Cobbler jumps to mind.
Hmm. Maybe if you would have listened to me after I was proven innocent, we could have still pulled this out. I was wrong about Holbytlass (great job by the way) but I pinned the other two.

I had Fordim down as the Cobbler, and, oh, he is! and Formendacil-wolf was then on my list. I find it very ironic that I voted for a wolf on the first day and got lynched for it. Yes, you got what you all deserved.

Oh, and it made me rather angry that you would lynch the cobbler. Simply ignoring him would make more sense(till later at least) for it saves an innocent.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:28 PM   #299
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Night2
Holby: Man, talk about bad luck! Well, what do you think? I say we kill Gurthang cause he's the seer but that of course is instant death to you. But if he's left alive and when no one else claims to be the seer, you're dead anyway and he's gotten to proclaim another dream.
It's up to you how we work it tonight since you're on the hot seat.

Formen:OUCH!!!!
Bad luck indeed!
I've only just read the thread... and boy am I freaked...
I think you may be right about killing Gurthang. He's dangerous as all heck. Meanwhile, how would it be if I pretended to be the seer? After all, I was the first one to indict Spawn, and she was definitely a Werewolf...

Holby: The only thing is that still leaves Gurthang to proclaim about whomever he dreamt about 'tonight'.
I say kill him now, you're dead today or tomorrow. But as I said, I'll follow what you want to do. If you want to leave Gurthang, then who shall we kill tonight?
I forgot!! about the ranger, he/she is going to protect gurthang! So we need to go a different route, and get Gurthang tomorrow night (assuming he's the real deal) I suggest Jack- I find him to be annoying (in the game ).

I thought we were done for, it would be the shortest game in history. Dancing Spawn got lynched-Gurthang dreamt of Formendacil-and I was paranoid that Jack was the hunter and would take me down. I found jack to be annoying 'cause (now here's where I'm an idiot, didn't think of him being the seer) I thought I fumbled into own of his traps and didn't want to debate my way out the next day so "kill him off".

Killed Jack.

Night3:
Formen:What a great day!
Man, talk about lucky! You picked off the Seer, we somehow lucked into a double-innocents lynch, and we're both considered fairly innocent.
I've got no idea at the moment who to kill (and after last night I'm more than willing to let you pick if worst comes to worst, although I hope it doesn't), or what strategies (if any, because none seems to have worked well) we ought to employ tomorrow.I'm just pumped about a really good day of slaughter!

Holby: Cool!! we need to leave SpM cause that's probably who the ranger has chosen. I think we need to kill Wilwarin. She's suspected by alot of people and this will make the others scramble. Or maybe Kath, she's been the ranger more times than I've been wolf.
Whatever we're doing seems to be working so far. Tell me what you think if ya can.
Something else, in Wayne's first post he bolds an r-o-d which is ord(inary). Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but do you think he might be bluffing?
Also, I was thinking of ways to keep the others guessing and I think our kills should have no rhyme or reason, something like, kill the #1 suspect of whoever got lynched (except us o'course) or kill whoever wrote the 9th post of that day. Something to think about,

Formen: I thought a little about Fordim, since he's seen as my alter ego, almost... We've been paired together so much, and he thinks me innocent, so his death would shine nothing bad on ME, but still...
Wilwa sounds good... Wayne's death would really confuse them, since he's a distraction as much as anything else.

Killed Wilwarin.

Night 4:
Holby: So far so good, we have 'em confused. I think SpM tonight. I'm fairly confident that the ranger protected him last night and therefore can't tonight. Plus, it will confuse things again. What do ya think?

Formen: Confusing them is good...
SPM is a good choice, on that score. He hasn't had either of us under scrutiny, not really, so killing him could be very perplexing.
On the same score, I'm thinking that Fordhim might be a good kill, especially when one adds in that he didn't post at all on Day 3... However, his secondary fears included me, so it's not really a wise thought, now that I think about it...

Holby: I think we need to kill off one of the main loud mouths (Spm/Morm) and leave the secondary louds (Fordim/Boro) in place, they'll start to get more suspicion because they both seem to be holding back esp Boro, at least compared to their usual selves. On a personal note, I want to leave Fordim alive as long as possible while I'm still alive because of the whole "score" thing .
We'll all get looked at more closely. The only thing is that if SpM is killed, people might think I (being a wolf) killed him since people are starting to think we're in cahoots then his innocent death will clear me. I'm willing to take that risk, in fact, it would be a good thing I did get lynched now. Not that I'm going to try to on purpose but if it happened then there are still so many villagers left for you to hide among. And a wolf working by themself is far harder to catch.

Formen: Okay, your logic works for me... SPM it is...

Killed SpM.

Night5
Holby: Yea!! The ranger got it and quite fitting a wolf did the chop! Tonight I think either Aiwendil or Kath. Both are good candidates for keeping things confused. What say you, or do you have someone else in mind? I really haven't thought about who might be the cobbler, do you think it might be Fordim?

Formen: Your guess is as good as mine regarding the Cobbler... and if so, we want to keep him alive. Seven villagers going into the evening, minus one overnight kill (although that Hunter could screw things up) makes six villagers. With a Cobbler we would hold the balance of power.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Fordhim was the Cobbler. Boromir and Morm are playing their usual game, Kath is hardly around, and Aiwendil is playing the worst game I have ever seen if he is a Cobbler.
That leaves Fordhim.It also leaves him alive.
I'm inclined to agree with your two picks- and I think that Aiwendil is the better one, simply because you've been gunning for him the whole time.
Morm has me a little worried... but I think we can survive this game. My main thought is that he has been trying to get the Gifteds to come out of hiding so he can trap us- which would make him the Hunter. Because who other than the Hunter would know if someone was lying?Just a thought...

Holby: It's getting down to the wire and I'm not so confident tonight...
Fordim-possible cobbler, leave alive
Morm-possible hunter, leave alive
Kath-seen most suspicious;kill-starting to be a pattern, would rather leave alive
Aiwendil-seen innocent;kill-definitely confuse things,might be good bluff for me
Boromir-in a way, been under the radar for the village and the wolves; could confuse things cause he'd almost be a safe kill and that's not what we've been doing. possible hunter also.
Aiwendil or Boromir-village on the whole see both fairly innocent. Aiwen would be good bluff kill for me. Boro would change the kill pattern for us, that would keep things confused. Thoughts now?

Formen: I bet you that Morm is going to take me down if he's the hunter...
As for Boromir/Aiwendil, I'd rather see Aiwendil gone, because he's been Morm's ready accomplice- and I'd just as soon not see that. Boromir is more ready to dispute with Morm... and so a better one to leave alive.
Otherwise, I agree with your assessment, and think either is good.

Killed Aiwendil.
~~~~~~~~~~
This was real fun. I'm sorry our sister wolf, Dancing Spawn, got killed right away, what happened? Glad for the chance to work with Formendacil. Alcarillo, great job modding!! Always a pleasure to be rubbing cyber shoulders with you all.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #300
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Wolves, very well played. I never once suspected Holby. I think she makes a great wolf. I believe that this was Formendacil's first time as a wolf and he played wonderfully.
You've played too many games, Morm. If you think back to the Phantom's game, I was a Werewolf- and you had me pegged.

Quite frankly, this game was the exact opposite of that one. We had ALL the breaks this time... "innocent" status from almost the beginning, Seer kill on Night2, a Ranger lynching, the Hunter killing the most suspicious villager...

After Day1, I was totally expecting another debacle like WWXII, when the Wolves were doomed from Day1. However, once Day2 got into gear, and I discovered that people thought me and Holby both innocent... things started looking up.

It's true, Gurthang, that a couple of people worried about me- but the safest place in this game to be, if you are a werewolf, is on the suspect list- as an unimportant suspect. No one pays too as much attention to you there.

Henceforth, I propose that this be the "Game of Three Cobblers", since I was totally convinced of Gurthang's Cobbler-ness, then of Fordhim's, and ultimately completely confused as to whether it was Boromir or Fordhim.

Anyways, a totally awesome game. And I don't just say that because I won.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #301
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Night2
Holby: Man, talk about bad luck! Well, what do you think? I say we kill Gurthang cause he's the seer but that of course is instant death to you. But if he's left alive and when no one else claims to be the seer, you're dead anyway and he's gotten to proclaim another dream.
It's up to you how we work it tonight since you're on the hot seat.

Formen:OUCH!!!!
Bad luck indeed!
I've only just read the thread... and boy am I freaked...
I think you may be right about killing Gurthang. He's dangerous as all heck. Meanwhile, how would it be if I pretended to be the seer? After all, I was the first one to indict Spawn, and she was definitely a Werewolf...

Holby: The only thing is that still leaves Gurthang to proclaim about whomever he dreamt about 'tonight'.
I say kill him now, you're dead today or tomorrow. But as I said, I'll follow what you want to do. If you want to leave Gurthang, then who shall we kill tonight?
I forgot!! about the ranger, he/she is going to protect gurthang! So we need to go a different route, and get Gurthang tomorrow night (assuming he's the real deal) I suggest Jack- I find him to be annoying (in the game ).
Holy cow, it would have worked.

I cannot believe that. You guys were brilliant. I am really surprised that my plan was that close to working completely as I had hoped. To think, if you had just chosen me instead of Jack, then this just might have been the shortest game ever. All I can say is that you guys were just as lucky as I was. But my luck fell through when yours kicked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I wish you all the best of luck during the night. Well, except for the wolves, I hope you have the crappiest luck ever.
*sigh* So close, and yet so far.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:11 AM   #302
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Twice a werewolf? You apparently learn from your mistakes. I hate you, Formendacil.

And Holby? Geesh, I never even considered her.

Sorry for that case, mormegil. I have to admit, though, that I would have done that in the phantom's game if I haven't been killed by Formendacil! Perhaps it's because you've been playing in every single game I played.

This is funnily pathetic, but while reading Alcarillo's death post for me, I was almost in tears! Pity for myself and the village, perhaps.

One last thing for this time: Why in the world were you suspecting me???
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:24 AM   #303
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril Ranger's Duty summary

NIGHT 1
I was choosing among The Saucepan Man, Aiwendil, Boromir88, and Fordim. I felt that Boromir88 was quite safe for the time being, and I was a little suspicious of Fordim. That left me with Aiwendil and SpM, and I thought Aiwendil was in greater danger that night because he proved to be a helpful newbie.

++Aiwendil

See, I really didn't see that Jack was the Seer. While I blamed the "Ranger" for not doing his/her job properly the next Day, I was kicking myself in the rear for being so blind.

NIGHT 2
Reason pointed to guarding SpM that night. I forgot what she said, but

++The Saucepan Man

NIGHT 3
Being thoroughly disappointed with the ineffectiveness of Reason, I decided to listen to my child instinct. She pointed to either Holbytlass or Formendacil. (How stupid of me. )

I wanted to guard either Aiwendil or SpM as the latter requested, but I couldn't anymore. Sheesh.

++Formendacil

NIGHT 4
I find out that I was lynched, without the villagers hearing so much as a word from me the whole Day. Where did I go wrong? How could I have failed Alcarillo? Fantastic modding, by the way.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:52 AM   #304
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

It was a fun game. Sorry, you had to decipher all my talk and spekkin. It was funny in that I would go to post someone like on the books forum, and "I wuld star' spekkin' like this" and I'd have to go back and change it.

Despite the loss, I was just happy I spotted Fordim as the Cobbler, too bad I could not put my finger down on Formendacil or Holby.

Holby really does make a perfect wolf. I would suspect her, then she would say just the right thing to make herself look innocent, well played.

Formendacil, I just never thought would be a wolf. If mormegil had been alive, I probably would have been swayed to vote, considering what he would have to say, but other than that, I would never have suspected him.

Quote:
And the morale of the story is that Boro and Morm need to stop getting suspicious of The Saucepan Man around half way through the game.
You're just that type of player where you have to go suspected, if we have no idea. Though I will say (and I said it in the game which was the truth) after I had voted for you I pretty much convinced myself that you were innocent. I think I was just looking for some twisted logical way to make myself believe your were innocent. After I voted I came up with this twisted way to think you were the Ranger. I noticed you uused the pipe as your icon on your posts, and I came up with pipe=Aragorn smokes=Aragorn is a Ranger=Panman is a Ranger!, but this wasn't the case. One of these days you will be a wolf.

I feel bad for lynching Lhuna, that certainly made our situation worse. Though we still would have lost someone that day, because if I didn't vote for Lhuna I was probably going to vote for Kath. I still can't believe Formendacil came out and said he was a wolf, and we're like, nahh, he can't be. I bet you were laughing over that one.

Aiwendil, I hope you enjoyed your first game, and perhaps join in another one. You make a good logical thinker.

Quote:
Boromir88 – ordinary – I never knew what to think of you! Great stunt you pulled at the end.
Yah, I figured that with two wolves, and two innocent, plus one cobbler, the cobbler would step out and identify himself making this whole thing over. So, it was my last ditch effort to draw out the real cobbler and cause total confusion for the wolves. I did draw out the cobbler, but smart Fordim did the right move and voted for himself, which was the last of my intentions.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:08 AM   #305
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Told you so. Who was said innicent by me and was an ord morm. I cant belive that I win one and I lose all the others that sucks.By the way look at my very first post.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:47 AM   #306
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Great job, Holbytlass and Formendacil! My death has been avenged. Although, I do still find it a bit tragicomical that the first two votes for me came from a fellow wolf and the cobbler.

Oh well, this was a very enjoyable game to read. Well done, all you villagers and especially Alcarillo!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:55 AM   #307
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I knew it! I KNEW it! From the very beginning (when I was still living) my doubt circled about Holby and Formendacil!!!!

Is that why you two killed me that night? Because I'd voted for Formendacil?

Good game, wolves. And I'm sure everyone played well, but I coudln't keep up because of the lack of internet. By all apperances, though, you didn't do well enough. I'm really sorry for having died that second night. I didn't mean to be too obvious.

But I have to ask you - why didn't you kill Formendacil? He told you outright - more than once - that he was a wolf!

And Saucepan Man. . .I only dreamed of you the first night because out of my picks, you seemed the most dangerous - if a wolf - and the most helpful, if an innocent. Unforuntaely, I still failed to leave enough prove behind to keep you alive.

Good game, all.

-- Jack
Old 12-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #308
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
I am really surprised that my plan was that close to working completely as I had hoped. To think, if you had just chosen me instead of Jack, then this just might have been the shortest game ever.
Now, just hold on there just one cotton pickin' moment, Gurthang me lad, before you carry on yer crowin'.

First, I doubt that I am alone in having regarded your behaviour throughout the two days you were with us as highly suspicious. You may have had a plan, but you can hardly blame us for lynching you in light of what you said and did. I was actually beginning to think you genuine towards the end of day 2, but I supported Morm's double lynch plan because you were just so darn confusin'.

And secondly, the Wolves may have been taken in by your Seer act, but I did not think for one moment that you might actually be the Seer. Your behaviour, drawing so much attention to you as it did, was just too un-Seer-like. The only possibility was that you were a Seer playing un-Seer-like on purpose, but you pretty much dismissed that idea in my head when you first raised the possibility that you might be the Seer, then admitted that you were protecting the Seer and then tried to make out you were the Seer again.

'Twas undoubtedly a noble plan, executed with worthy intention, but it was flawed. Not least because (as Holby cleverly and seemingly innocently) pointed out, you risked drawing the Ranger's protection away from the Seer and leaving her exposed (a risk that, as it turned out, bacame a reality).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I'm really sorry for having died that second night. I didn't mean to be too obvious.
No need to be hard on yourself, Folwren. I didn't pick up on the clues until I reviewed your posts at the start of day 2 in the knowledge that you were the Seer. And it seems that the Wolves didn't pick up on them either. You were chosen by the Wolves not because they thought you were the Seer but because they thought that the Ranger would be protecting the person who they actually thought was the Seer (namely, wannabe Seer Gurthang ).

Quote:
Unforuntaely, I still failed to leave enough prove behind to keep you alive.
Again, I see no fault on your part here. I thought that it was pretty clear from what you said that you had dreamed of me. You cannot imagine how frustrating it was when people suddenly started changing their minds and deciding that you hadn't dreamed of me after all (*coughBorocough*) ...
Old 12-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #309
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Bwa ha ha!!!

Great fun game all!

Nice job Boro on smoking me out -- too bad it took you so long.

Bwa ha ha ha haaaa!!!

It was a lot of fun being the cobbler but talk about a difficult job. Not only was I trying to identify two very crafty wolves I then had to try and hide that I was identifying them.

Note to anyone who plays cobbler in the future: your only real strategy is basic survival. I knew that if I could stay alive long enough I'd be able to be of use at the end.

For the record:

To the innocents: I told you that the wolves would disappear by splitting themselves up amongst my groups....

To the wolves: was that your strategy all along or did my hinting help you at all?

To everyone: I had Holby spotted as a wolf about midway, but Formy almost completely got under my radar. When I first voiced suspicions about him, I had no idea, but then I began to think he might be a wolf -- but to stop going after him completely would have been to invite even more suspicion of me, and -- should I be killed and revealed as the cobbler -- of Formy. So I had to keep suspecting him while casting votes and doubt elsewhere.

One Special Note to Morm and Aiwendil: Got ya!

Bwa HA ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 12-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #310
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Again, I see no fault on your part here. I thought that it was pretty clear from what you said that you had dreamed of me. You cannot imagine how frustrating it was when people suddenly started changing their minds and deciding that you hadn't dreamed of me after all (*coughBorocough*) ...
Now SpM I can see why it's frustrating but I posted my idea and I thought it could hold some water. If you were a wolf and the seer dreamt of you on the first night. A smart seer wouldn't necessarily come out and say your guilty. Like I said they may actually say they believe you to be innocent so you wouldn't think them to be the seer...but it seems I regress to my mid-game theory of SpM must be guilty.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #311
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim Hedgethistle
One Special Note to Morm and Aiwendil: Got ya!

Bwa HA ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Now I have a score to settle with you good man.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:06 PM   #312
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm
...but it seems I regress to my mid-game theory of SpM must be guilty.
It seems you and I are fated to start clashing about mid-way through the game just as we should be working together.

To explain my reasoning a little, the longer the game goes on without me being killed at night, the more I begin to suspect that the Wolves are trying to get me lynched during the day. It follows that I start suspecting anyone who begins to stir up accusations against me part-way through the game.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:18 PM   #313
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
To explain my reasoning a little, the longer the game goes on without me being killed at night, the more I begin to suspect that the Wolves are trying to get me lynched during the day.
And of course this is one of the main reasons in suspecting you. I question why you are still here.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:27 PM   #314
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have to say I suspect you both if you stay alive more than a couple of days, simply because as a wolf you are people I would want dead quickly.

And while Saucepan Man has a sequence of innocence that reminds me of the opening of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead" - there is always the feeling that surely this time he has to be...... lupine

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:25 PM   #315
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Twice a werewolf? You apparently learn from your mistakes. I hate you, Formendacil.
I've already told you this, Lhuna, but it was the village that killed you. Neither myself nor Holby cast a vote for you, and you were attracting too much suspicion for us to kill.

Quote:
I still can't believe Formendacil came out and said he was a wolf, and we're like, nahh, he can't be. I bet you were laughing over that one.
Oh, I was laughing.

But, to be honest, I was going to do that whether I was a Werewolf or not. Day 1 is nothing but real bandwaggoning, since nobody has voting PROOF of guilt. So I was going to sarcastically declare my wolfish innocence whatever my role was.

How amusing that I declared Fordhim to be one of my cohorts...

Quote:
Is that why you two killed me that night? Because I'd voted for Formendacil?
I actually had no problem with you, but you were making Hobly antsy, and since we thought that Gurthang was the seer (and therefore protected), we went for you. Our best luck of the game.

And, unrelatedly, if I may be allowed a final (or not so final) moment of gloating, I think that Holby and I have topped Kuruharan's WWI feat of appearing innocent.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:47 PM   #316
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
And of course this is one of the main reasons in suspecting you. I question why you are still here.
But of course. I am painfully aware of that.

I have a constant fear of either being killed at night or suspected during the day if I am not. Cacharoth 22.

Although, given my voting record, I find it quite ironic that I have gained a reputation of sorts in this game. I believe that I have cast a vote that actually contributed to the lynching of a Wolf once, maybe twice.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:17 PM   #317
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim
To the wolves: was that your strategy all along or did my hinting help you at all?
To everyone: I had Holby spotted as a wolf about midway, but Formy almost completely got under my radar.
As wolves during the day, we didn't have any set up plan on what to do, we each just did our own thing.
I did wonder why you didn't analyze me harder, it was a cruel twist of fate I was a wolf again and wasn't sure how serious you would be with the 'score' thing. But that did play a part in our luck, like I said I wanted to keep alive as long as possible and that saved us from killing the cobbler at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
And, unrelatedly, if I may be allowed a final (or not so final) moment of gloating, I think that Holby and I have topped Kuruharan's WWI feat of appearing innocent
Funny that Formen mentions Kuru, he is what I based my DAY strategy on, trying to think and act like an innocent. It actually was hard because at NIGHT I'd forget and start wanting to make kills like an ordo.
The second or third DAY, I caught Wayne's r-o-d, but got it mixed up in my mind while doing dishes, I thought he put c-o-d which could be close to c-o-b(bler) and I was going to rat him out, that would have been a cool bluff, who would think of a wolf getting the cobbler lynched.

Boromir, you almost had me with the cobbler bluff, in my hurry I was about to post and reveal myself but what saved me was that you were already a cobbler (the first) and you had instantly voted for yourself, this time you hadn't and that "red flagged" me.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:25 PM   #318
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

My dear Master Saucepan, I fear you missed the point of my plan.

All of that stuff, the early vote, listing the possibilities, stating just at the end that I was the Seer, all of that was designed specifically to make me look Seer-like and un-Seer-like at the same time.

As long as I never really came out and said anything, the Seer wouldn't have to come and refute my claim, so he would not be killed. Also, I was hoping that I would also appear to be a Seer hiding in the open to the wolves, so they would kill me at night. And lo and behold, it worked. Folwren did not try to stop me, you guys didn't lynch me, the ranger didn't even protect me! The only thing that went wrong was the wolves not killing me.

That's right, I wanted them to kill me. My whole plan came down to that one little factor. Had they done that, the entire thing would have been a complete success and gone down in Werewolf Gaming history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Saucepan
'Twas undoubtedly a noble plan, executed with worthy intention, but it was flawed. Not least because (as Holby cleverly and seemingly innocently) pointed out, you risked drawing the Ranger's protection away from the Seer and leaving her exposed (a risk that, as it turned out, bacame a reality).
It didn't work, that's true, and it was an extremely long shot from the beginning, but flawed? I think that's a little harsh. But call it what you will, say it was doomed to begin with, whatever. My point is it was so close to working it makes me want to cry.

And I should note that that 'flaw' that Holby pointed out was not really something I worried about. For the plan to work, I would have to make it so that only the wolves believed me to be the Seer. Hence the early vote. If I got a wolf (I did, as I've said way too many times), then they would of course automatically believe me to be the Seer. Innocents (specifically, the Ranger), on the other hand, would not know I had nailed a wolf, and so they would see my vote as strange and suspicious. And the Ranger won't usually protect a strange and suspicious character. Quite simply: it would leave me unprotected and a likely target for the wolves.

Last edited by Gurthang; 12-14-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Gurthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:28 PM   #319
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Boromir, you almost had me with the cobbler bluff, in my hurry I was about to post and reveal myself but what saved me was that you were already a cobbler (the first) and you had instantly voted for yourself, this time you hadn't and that "red flagged" me.
Actually, TORE was the first cobbler. I remember because that was the first game I ever got into, even if I was only reading it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Boromir's ever been the cobbler.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:34 PM   #320
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
It didn't work, that's true, and it was an extremely long shot from the beginning, but flawed? I think that's a little harsh.
I don't think SpM is trying to be harsh, but the flaw that I see (in any plan) is that one never really knows how another person's mind works. Case in point, me thinking Boromir was the first cobbler, pure dumb-luck on my part.

Jack:I thought the ranger would protect Gurthang, the "twinkle in your merry eye" scared me good. Again, dumb-luck on my part, missed the obvious seer hint, thought I had laid it on too thick with you and didn't want to debate with you next DAY so had the luxury of killing you off.

Last edited by Holbytlass; 12-14-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote