The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2020, 03:56 PM   #521
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
We'll be also most curious about your input and ideas and all.
Well, I shall do all I can. I'll have to get cracking and catch up here.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #522
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I will make up one way or another for your absence in my list, Zil. I promise!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:05 PM   #523
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhunardawen View Post
i will make up one way or another for your absence in my list, zil. I promise!
:d
Old 05-13-2020, 04:06 PM   #524
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

If it's any consolation to you, I didn't think you were bad, either.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:08 PM   #525
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I should hope not!
Old 05-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #526
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I did!

hS
Huinesoron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:21 PM   #527
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'm only part way through this thread, but it never ceases to amaze me that when I'm a wolf, I'm suspicious because I'm too careful. When I'm innocent, I'm suspicious because I'm too vocal.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #528
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
It tells me that dead innocents trusted someone here yesterday
Ya don't say...

I second-guessed my case for Boro being the seer after all this, but re-reading, I still see it. I think what happened was that Boro didn't dream of a wolf, again, so he didn't have any name to give us and didn't want to lose our trust by giving us a mere suspicion only for that mere suspicion to quite possibly turn out to be wrong.

Instead, he used our trust, the wretch! I think Rune was just a more or less random name he threw at us to see what the living would do with it.

Quote:
It might turn up beneficial/we find out more from it tomorrow, but for today, it's too much of a turnaround to make in 2 hours.
This sounds like he primarily expected to learn from it. Both here and in
Quote:
For what it's worth, I would say stay the course, if you weren't going to vote for Rune before the QT vote came out and are only considering him for those reasons than better to go with Ka.
he actively tries to dissuade people from following "our" lead. He didn't actually want to see his bait lynched. Also, assuming Rune is innocent (which he is, for all we and presumably Boro know), his survival leaves the village's trust in us more intact: not following is better than following and being wrong.

Quote:
Most suspicious of Eonwe for the quick latch onto QT's vote.
This, too, looks like he laid a trap.

I can't see an ordo or the Child act the way he does. At all. If he's a wolf faking it, he is showing quite amazing commitment and consistency. Has it ever happened that a wolf faked being the seer (for more than a day or two) and got away with it?

Quote:
Parting words. Didn't have time to accomplish everything I wanted to....
Let's hope he only meant
Quote:
I intend to take more detailed look at THE Ka, Kath, and Greenie today.
Finally dreaming of Greenie now, since that's the one he didn't get to?

(It did occur to me, too, that Boro might be a wolf and the pack intentionally planned on sacrificing I-don't-like-being-a-wolf Lhuna. I like the idea, I must say, but I don't think it's realistic.)
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:30 PM   #529
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
(It did occur to me, too, that Boro might be a wolf and the pack intentionally planned on sacrificing I-don't-like-being-a-wolf Lhuna. I like the idea, I must say, but I don't think it's realistic.)
I've seen an argument here for Boro being the Seer. I had toyed with that, partly as a way to explain his odd behavior. But then I'd also picked up Seer vibes from Shasta, as in "X is good, Y is dodgy, end of discussion".
Old 05-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #530
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

For the record, Kit, I do feel bad about drawing attention to your slip. I honestly couldn't see it as anything other than evil intent, and I had no doubt it had been noticed by the wolves already.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #531
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
For the record, Kit, I do feel bad about drawing attention to your slip. I honestly couldn't see it as anything other than evil intent, and I had no doubt it had been noticed by the wolves already.
*glaring intensifies*
Old 05-13-2020, 07:30 PM   #532
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
*glaring intensifies*
Old 05-13-2020, 07:47 PM   #533
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I'm only part way through this thread, but it never ceases to amaze me that when I'm a wolf, I'm suspicious because I'm too careful. When I'm innocent, I'm suspicious because I'm too vocal.
For my part, I suspected you somewhat in the first couple Days because of the lack of being involved in some hotspot of suspicion largely based on feeling off. You didn't get involved in any tussel on D1, and no one started making you the center of attention initially, especially on a wishywashy basis. My first thought was that it must be to avoid focusing the village on you. I had serious doubts of your wolfishness N3 onwards. But like I said on D1, there seems to be a voice in everybody's head that says "Lynch Inzil", and you just can't win with it. If it's there, you're suspicious for its presence. If it's not, you're suspicious for its abscence.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:46 AM   #534
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I had serious doubts of your wolfishness N3 onwards. But like I said on D1, there seems to be a voice in everybody's head that says "Lynch Inzil", and you just can't win with it. If it's there, you're suspicious for its presence. If it's not, you're suspicious for its abscence.
According to my stats (woefully out of date), I've survived to the end more than I remembered. It seems I always to start getting suspected by Day 2 or so though.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:47 AM   #535
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Anyway please can we tell them to lynch Eonwe tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:16 AM   #536
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to that, of all things.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:21 AM   #537
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I could get behind that.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:07 AM   #538
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
According to my stats (woefully out of date), I've survived to the end more than I remembered. It seems I always to start getting suspected by Day 2 or so though.
I can hardly believe we've played together only once before, and that was 26 games ago!
Old 05-14-2020, 06:39 AM   #539
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I can get behind this.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #540
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I can hardly believe we've played together only once before, and that was 26 games ago!
I was thinking I'd played with you at least once, but I had no specific memory. As a result, I had no read whatever of your playing style.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:09 AM   #541
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
I was thinking I'd played with you at least once, but I had no specific memory. As a result, I had no read whatever of your playing style.
I trusted you were innocent, you trusted I was innocent, thankfully we both were. But Noggie and his spiderlings won.

I'm not sure I even have a playing style to begin with.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:08 AM   #542
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Unless something else comes up, I'm very ok with going for Eonwe.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #543
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Also up for voting Steve.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:36 AM   #544
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Why are we deciding who to vote in the middle of the night? Let's see who joins us, what they say, what Boro says if he's not that person (if he dies tonight he still gets another dream, right?) Certainly he singled Steve out in his last post like a dreamed wolf and that's good reason as things stand,but chill, folks.

Could be there's another dreamed wolf tomorrow. Could be our vote is likely to be disbelieved and we need to use reverse psychology. Could be Steve seer reveals and outs Boro as a very naughty boy. A lot can happen.

Last edited by Rikae; 05-14-2020 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Typo
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:43 AM   #545
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eh, I was just doing a bit of prepping. I've been wanting to off Steve for days and days
Old 05-14-2020, 11:34 AM   #546
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Could be there's another dreamed wolf tomorrow. Could be our vote is likely to be disbelieved and we need to use reverse psychology. Could be Steve seer reveals and outs Boro as a very naughty boy. A lot can happen.
I was mulling the odds that Boro is a wolf trying to look like the Seer.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #547
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Why are we deciding who to vote in the middle of the night? Let's see who joins us, what they say, what Boro says if he's not that person (if he dies tonight he still gets another dream, right?) Certainly he singled Steve out in his last post like a dreamed wolf and that's good reason as things stand,but chill, folks.

Quote:
Eh, I was just doing a bit of prepping. I've been wanting to off Steve for days and days
Eexactly. I mean it's good that we're coming into the Day with some starting idea. We have a "plan A" that we are, under ideal circumstances, going to change into some plan B.

But if no plan B happens and the Day turns out to be a mess, we have something to start from.

Quote:
I was mulling the odds that Boro is a wolf trying to look like the Seer.
Been thinking that since it came up. But it's fine. If so, then there is still the real Seer.

The worst thing that can happen is that Rune was the Seer, Borowolf suspected him and tried to flush him out, and now we'll find him dead. But then we would also know Boro isn't the Seer...

Plus, there is the thing that whatever Boro is, he gave the impulse to start the Lhunawagon. If he's a Wolf, he may have bussed a packmate to make himself look good, but he still made a sacrifice - and a pretty big one. And even that won't protect him forever. So... I think we don't need to panic. Yet.

(But we should keep an eye on the numbers, the village will soon start getting smaller and smaller.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-14-2020, 03:02 PM   #548
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Residents of the QT

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)

Rikae – Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)

Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)

Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)

Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)

Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)

Legate of Amon Lanc – Asgon, healthy person (infected sneakily on Night4)

Lhunardawen – Sador, an Infector (voted into QT on Day4)

Lalaith – Rían, healthy person (overrun and infected by the Infectors on Night5)

Inziladun – Halmir, healthy person (voted into QT on Day5)

Pitchwife – Turin’s Nurse, healthy person (infected by the Infectors on Night6)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #549
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Well I'll be...
Old 05-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #550
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
And it's Pitch! Welcome to the infirmary-booze-thread. Just you stick with me and my buddy G55; we've been here ages, so you can trust us to show you the ropes and who to vote for.

hS
Huinesoron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:07 PM   #551
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Alas, poor Túrin's nurse! Welcome among us, Pitchwife, and grab a pint. These are dark times indeed.

We're all ready to hear if you have any input... thoughts... theories... questions...
Old 05-14-2020, 03:16 PM   #552
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Hello, Pitch! I'm glad not to have voted for you.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:16 PM   #553
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Welcome, good sir Pitchwife!

Random....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Why is it that every time I vote someone I think I have solid reasons to suspect, they turn innocent (Mac, Sally, and now Zil), and whenever I vote someone because I have a vague suspicious vibe (Gal55, Lhuna) they turn out to be guilty? Maybe I should just stop analysing things and stick to gut feelings from now on...
Or maybe you're just evil?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:16 PM   #554
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ha! Welcome, Pitch!

I was gonna paste a picture of the Duke of Manhattan, but apparently he is not a popular enough meme character.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #555
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
If she is, I have a major claim to an "I told you so".
Old 05-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #556
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Welcome, good sir Pitchwife!

Random....

On the day we ended up lynching you, first thing in the morning I originally wanted to write a post where I wanted to suggest lynching Lottie and Lommy. Then I went through their posts and reevaluated. How it continued we all know.

If it turns out I was right on these two, I am going to... I don't know what I am going to, but I am definitely going to do it.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:33 PM   #557
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Aha! Eureka!

The Duke of Manhattan does not assume any responsibility for pandemics that start because of Werewolf games, regardless of his role in said games.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:36 PM   #558
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, and Boro just confessed. For easy referrence:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
May you find peace and healing Pitch through these hard times.

Ok, so I think it would be best to explain my oddness yesterday, because I feel like since Day 1 I could be jumped on and lynched in half a heart beat, which is I guess a normal feeling. That would not be good, but everyone deserves an explanation for me being mysterious yesterday.

Rewind to Day 4, I proposed a vote of Lhuna to the QT. That led to the lynching of a wolf. I couldn't remember if anyone else proposed Lhuna, or if it was just me, but I speculated yesterday that it must have meant the innocents in the QT trusted someone here.

I wanted to point the wolves to me and provide cover for the seer, but kind of put me in a bind because I suspected I was the one the QT trusted. So I picked an even more random proposed vote of Rune yesterday. And when the QT agreed it confirmed my feelings. I commented that it was fascinating, because mostly I was amused with being trusted. Got to thinking that a healthy minds don't trust me at all, but something happens when going into the QT that suddenly I was. What does that say about me? Fascinating and amusing.

But the reason for the mystery is I was trying to provide cover for the seer, but send as clear as a signal to the QT that I wasn't so they don't have to follow my vote.

I don't see any benefit to keep up that plan, it was kind of a 1-2 day try to provide cover and maybe get another wolf. In the end I'll be vindicated either in death or in victory. And it will be more beneficial to the community to know this. Maybe I laid it on too thick where the wolves didn't believe it or I have to re-orientate myself and rethink my feelings on others.

In general, I don't think we should sort of play this waiting where not much happens until the QT vote. Part of it is my own schedule, If I don't post at night I definitely won't be able to until 3-4 hours before the DL.
Well. My personal question being something like...

WHERE IN THE NAME OF BEÖR THE OLD IS THE SEER?!?

After yesterDay's events, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Rune. But to be honest I was thinking for a while that it might be Pitch, given his and Boro's communication. Apparently not. (Which is a good thing.)
Old 05-14-2020, 03:37 PM   #559
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

Hail and well met, fellow Cuties! I take it my arrival here probably means I was wrong about Rune after all, or he'd be here in my stead treating you all to a round of Viking Blood. (Btw Zil, apologies for contributing to your demise - I didn't feel shiny about lynching you, I just felt less shiny about lynching Rune.)

14 pages of thread? You folks are just as chattery as those outside.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #560
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
14 pages of thread? You folks are just as chattery as those outside.
Thankfully, much of it is banter.