The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-12-2020, 02:49 PM   #401
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Ten minutes... and counting.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #402
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
QT members

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)

Rikae – Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)

Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)

Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)

Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)

Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)

Legate of Amon Lanc – Asgon, healthy person (infected sneakily on Night4)

Lhunardawen – Sador, an Infector (voted into QT on Day4)

Lalaith – Rían, healthy person (overrun and infected by the Infectors on Night5)
Old 05-12-2020, 03:06 PM   #403
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Welcome, Lalaith! I have to say, I am a liiiitle disappointed that neither you nor Urwen got the Child role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Lommy will still be alive toMorrow. So will Boro.
Nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
After every Night there comes a Day.
Aure entuluva!
Old 05-12-2020, 03:08 PM   #404
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Welcome, Lalaith - however sad a welcome that is!

But feel free to make yourself at home, such as it may be... and we'll be happy for any of your input.

Good thing is that we have a majority here, that the Seer is still alive, and there are three baddies down and only three to go *cracks knuckles menacingly*
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #405
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Welcome, Lalaith! I have to say, I am a liiiitle disappointed that neither you nor Urwen got the Child role.
It clearly wasn't in the cards of the atmospheric noise...

Quote:
Aure entuluva!
Or should we say: Lacho calad! Drego morn!
Old 05-12-2020, 03:12 PM   #406
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Hello everyone...a bit surprised to be here but hey...
Old 05-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #407
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
This is a nice place to be.

And in a day or two, this will be The Place to be.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:26 PM   #408
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
You and everyone else except possibly Kit.

Welcome to the Infirmary. To update you, everyone's agreed to vote Brinniel today, so you may as well cast your vote now.

hS
Huinesoron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:40 PM   #409
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
So what's the deal? Are you lovely furries allowed to tell your packmates what's going down in the QT?
Or is what goes in the QT, staying in the QT?
Old 05-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #410
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Welcome, Lalaith!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:47 PM   #411
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Hello all! And thank you for your wise guidance yesterday.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:03 PM   #412
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
So what's the deal? Are you lovely furries allowed to tell your packmates what's going down in the QT?
The QT is extremely exclusive. No peeks.

I see that Pitch has passed his 3000th post on this thread. I wish him hearty congratulations on the anniversary, and hope that no one posts such an overwhelming amount that we hit many more of these anniversaries.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:25 PM   #413
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
While we would dearly love to, the CutieWolves have a separate night-chat. Night-and-day chat, actually - Nog has informed me that the 'round the clock QT' cuts both ways.

(I'm not sure this has been made explicit elsewhere? I would consider it cheating for us to Day-chat without you lot being aware that we were allowed to.)

Quote:

I see that Pitch has passed his 3000th post on this thread. I wish him hearty congratulations on the anniversary, and hope that no one posts such an overwhelming amount that we hit many more of these anniversaries.
I think I hit 2K sometime yesterDay. This game is crazy.

hS
Old 05-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #414
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
This is a nice place to be.

And in a day or two, this will be The Place to be.
I was here before being here became cool. I'm a hippie.

Welcome, Lalaith!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:56 PM   #415
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Had a peak at the GT. AAAAAHHH MASSIVE WALLS OF TEXT! I don't want to go back there anymore. *whimpers*
Old 05-12-2020, 05:14 PM   #416
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I think I hit 2K sometime yesterDay. This game is crazy.

hS
So you did! Happy anniversary to you too!
Old 05-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #417
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
While we would dearly love to, the CutieWolves have a separate night-chat. Night-and-day chat, actually - Nog has informed me that the 'round the clock QT' cuts both ways.

(I'm not sure this has been made explicit elsewhere? I would consider it cheating for us to Day-chat without you lot being aware that we were allowed to.)
I think I did inform about it both in the Discussion Thread and made the change in the official rules.

Infectors still in the GT and Infectors in the QT are not allowed to PM between them. The Infectors in the GT can PM among themselves by Nights, and the Infectors in the QT can PM among themselves whenever they wish (Nights and Days - as this Thread is open Nights and Days).

Just to make that clear to everyone.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:08 PM   #418
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Infectors in the QT can PM among themselves whenever they wish (Nights and Days - as this Thread is open Nights and Days).
Or, as Cobb55 put it, Prolonged QT. (Check for hypocalcemia.)
Old 05-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #419
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Look how she got away with self-voting on Day1 as a wolf in this game!
Aw Lommy, you give me too much credit. I don't think I've ever Nilped myself as a wolf (or as anything at all for that matter), and I only did so now because I couldn't convince Nilp himself to join the game.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #420
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Aw Lommy, you give me too much credit. I don't think I've ever Nilped myself as a wolf (or as anything at all for that matter), and I only did so now because I couldn't convince Nilp himself to join the game.
I once started the game as a Seer with the words "I am the Seer". And that game actually had one of my best survival records (ie I lived past Day 2 ). I also started several games with the words "I am a wolf", regardless of my role. These are the legendary moments; take credit whether you deserve it or not.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:17 PM   #421
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Or, as Cobb55 put it, Prolonged QT. (Check for hypocalcemia.)
Don't you try to feed us macrolides! No azythtomycin prophylaxis! Or the points we'll give you will not be of the kind you expect.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:51 AM   #422
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

I'm starting to feel like every other post among the living consists of "[Points vaguely at the rest of the village] I'd be amazed if there's not an Infector among them."

hS
Old 05-13-2020, 01:25 AM   #423
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

They're all Infectors! Lynch them all!!!

++ENTIRE DOR-LÓMIN
Old 05-13-2020, 04:44 AM   #424
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, so! What do y'all think of the situation?

General disclaimer - I will be around here and there, and I will be around the hour before DL, but I won't be up for any longer posts at that point as I shall be chiefly in transit and on my phone.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-13-2020, 05:43 AM   #425
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well, so! What do y'all think of the situation?
Dire. Dire, I say. There will not be enough room for us all ere this is over. Perhaps Brethil has a hall or tent among its trees that we can use as another quarantine shed?
Old 05-13-2020, 06:16 AM   #426
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
The QT can whack my head for saying "we should coordinate something with the qt" repeatedly, yet taking no initiative on that.
I think it's clear that the Cuties will have to take the initiative on coordinating. I suggest letting the living know who you trust most by voting for your most innocent take.

hS
Old 05-13-2020, 06:26 AM   #427
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Well thank you Nog for making this Hall so comfortable and cosy, (and indeed for modding this game so superbly) and thank you all for providing me with such amusing reading matter!
When I said I was surprised to be QTed I meant it. By the end of YesterDay I thought Boro was the Seer and was fully expecting the wolves to think so too, and that he would be the one to wake up in the halls of Hurin.
Then I come here and find that Mac had cleverly come to this conclusion long before and hence the QT vote for Lhuna.
So, toDay I was going to suggest that we followed Boro's lead and go for Eonwe. But now I am confused by his latest post. What do you all think?

Also FWIW I think the innocent child is Lottie.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:07 AM   #428
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Come now, Innocuties, let us know how you're planning to vote. I don't have all Day.

(Local time check: 9:07 PM)

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 05-13-2020 at 07:14 AM. Reason: changed night to Day
Old 05-13-2020, 07:31 AM   #429
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Btw to explain my own thinking (it's quite fun to see it being analysed over on the GT!)
I said at one point that I think I am better at spotting innocents than wolves. This is quite true, and its one of the reasons I get flustered by lynches - I am never sure if we have the right person. WHen in doubt, I look at what the people I've identified as trustworthy are doing. This strategy seems to have worked a bit too well in this game (I mean that it seems to have got me killed. Of course I'm pleased that I helped to kill both the wolves - with apologies to the present company )
Old 05-13-2020, 07:42 AM   #430
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
(Of course I'm pleased that I helped to kill both the wolves - with apologies to the present company )

I'm just having a little lie down!

hS
Old 05-13-2020, 07:43 AM   #431
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Btw to explain my own thinking (it's quite fun to see it being analysed over on the GT!)
It's been great fun watching people debate the deep inner meaning of my votes as part of some grand strategy. Ha!

hS
Old 05-13-2020, 07:44 AM   #432
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
So, toDay I was going to suggest that we followed Boro's lead and go for Eonwe. But now I am confused by his latest post. What do you all think?
Along the same lines. I have been thinking absolutely innocentish about Rune, but it may have clouded my judgment, and it's true he did not stand out at all. Question being what is Boro really saying here. If Boro-seer (?) dreamed of anyone, I could imagine him going after submarines.

Then there are many other conspiracy theories one could throw forward. I think the WWs may distance themselves from each other nowadays a bit more and tiptoe. Problem is that in a village this size, we're also reaching the point where everyone would have suspected everyone at some point in the game - and that makes stuff much less clear.

That also makes current posts much more important, but the village is posting a bit too much and a bit too little for my taste at the same time. Too much often to have to read through very long posts, but too little because there isn't really much of a constructive discussion happening.

Quote:
Also FWIW I think the innocent child is Lottie.
Nothing against that possibility, I think. I suspected her heavily at one point, but to be fair, it stopped later because of something I considered rather clear, sadly I don't recall half of what I thought back then.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:49 AM   #433
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Also what do you think Boro is saying here? Is he simply saying "I want to vote Rune", or is there some more-layered message in there?

I also like it how on Day 1, everyone was "Legate, what kind of nonsense are you talking about here! What pre-votes! It doesn't make any sense!"

And toDay (while I had given up on that idea ages ago) everyone and their dog seems to be doing it...
Old 05-13-2020, 08:00 AM   #434
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And toDay (while I had given up on that idea ages ago) everyone and their dog seems to be doing it...
Seriously. Though I think part of their issue with your suggestion was a lot of people thought you meant there would be a fake vote and no real vote. *shrug*
I dunno. I'm trying to skim through everything. I forgot Day started.

Last edited by Kitanna; 05-13-2020 at 08:00 AM. Reason: fixing the IMG link
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #435
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Seriously. Though I think part of their issue with your suggestion was a lot of people thought you meant there would be a fake vote and no real vote. *shrug*
I dunno. I'm trying to skim through everything. I forgot Day started.
Absolutely could be. But even those who got it weren't very enthusiastic (apart from a few exceptions).
But let us know once you've caught up

For the record, since it seems to be a thing, "fake votes" toDay thus far:

Boro->Rune
Lommy->Eönwë (with THE Ka and Zil as B-options)
Greenie->Zil (with "THE Ka a strong runner up. I wouldn't actively mind Eonwe, Shasta, Brinn or Kath either.)*
Zil->Brinn
Rune->Zil (secondary being Brinn and Eönwë)

*This is what she has been doing the entire game!!!!! "I could vote for X, but also for Y,Z,A,B...up to W, actually". I seriously can't.)

This tells me that Zil could be lynched toDay without our involvement. If Rune is a Wolf, then it seems like he might be operating with the assumption that it would be a bandwagon to jump on.

Good thing about these votes is that now people can perceive how their voting changes based on what happened if they are forced to pick someone else from their options. (Which was the point of why I was originally arguing for doing that.)
Old 05-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #436
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I definitely think Boro would like us to vote for Rune. Meanwhile he seems to be backing off Steve and though he puts Inzil down as suspicious he leaves him alone for now ... well, if I were a seer trying to find wolves by process of elimination I'd go after the quiet ones first too.

Two other possibilities, Boro is a very insightful ordo or a wolf, but we could trust the real seer to have checked him by now. Although I do feel like he's getting Rune by process of elimination, and not a direct dream, and I kinda hate to vote for someone who's looked very innocent to me all along (Rune, if you're a wolf, excellent work just creating a vague warm fuzzy aura around yourself) but ... yeah, I think it's best to vote for Rune and continue this game with Boro.

A couple other things of note:
- now Rune is buttering Greenie up. Mmm, buttered Mac n' Green! Why is he doing that?

- Why is Pitch questioning Boro so pointedly out in the open like that? There are a few explanations and I don't like any of them.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #437
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Also, if Mac is right about Lommy and Brinn, then Shasta's psychic abilities are conspicuously absent - except when it comes to me and G55. It might not be fair, but after seeing him in action in many a game, this makes me suspicious of Shasta.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:58 AM   #438
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Why is Pitch questioning Boro so pointedly out in the open like that?
Yes I noticed that too.
To be fair, I did pose the question to Boro originally. (About how he knew, as he seemed to be claiming, that both Gal and Brinn were innocent on Day 1) But that was before I started to suspect he might be the Seer.
But Pitch (unless he knows different because *he* is the Seer?) should know better than to push that toDay given the seerish vibes Boro gave off at DL. By that I mean, putting that last-minute vote in for Eonwe at DL (which I read as a "if I die in the Night this is who to vote for" message)
Which is why I don't understand why he is backing off and hinting at Rune.
FWIW one of the reasons I feel so puzzled is that I think Rune is innocent.

Last edited by Lalaith; 05-13-2020 at 08:59 AM. Reason: missed out a bit of a sentence!
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:00 AM   #439
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Another worry: if we keep following Boro's suggestions, that's basically saying: "QT think Boro is the Seer"
Old 05-13-2020, 09:04 AM   #440
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Oh and I know I said I was no good at wolf-spotting but I do still think Eonwe is a wolf.