The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2020, 06:02 PM   #241
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
What did I say about going to sleep?

Yeah, to me Steve was also a bit of a submarinewolf-looking. I mean he's often a submarine.

Ok, but now seriously goodnight (not Night).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:04 PM   #242
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
We should try and reach a consensus before we cast our votes. Hui threw his vote away, but Gala is still lurking in the shadows (well, she's lurking in plain sight, actually) to cast her vote and mess us up.
I'm for [b]Legate's[/] shortlist and getting in a consensus before our DL.
For my own shortlist I put Zil at the top, followed by Eonwe and Lhuna. I'm inclined to believe the Boro is seer theory and if that's true, Lommy is likely innocent too.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:04 PM   #243
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
2. 3/4ths of you are as suspicious as suspicion can be.
Which could easily be the number of living a Boroseer hasn't dreamt of yet, which would mean he'd dreamt of three living innocents. Lommy, Brinn and ...?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:20 PM   #244
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
What do you (not you G55) think about Eonwe? He just posted this:
Well since you ask - he's better at math than Boro, and he fact-checks other people's posts carefully rather than accepting them at face value.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #245
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Hui threw his vote away
For a noble cause!

Seriously [or far from so], a request for Nog: if you could do a pretend ++Brin vote from the QT before saying it's actually ++whoever, that would make everybody's day. (unless it's actually Brin)
Old 05-10-2020, 06:28 PM   #246
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Zil at the top, followed by Eonwe and Lhuna
I could consider that.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:37 PM   #247
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Seriously [or far from so], a request for Nog: if you could do a pretend ++Brin vote from the QT before saying it's actually ++whoever, that would make everybody's day. (unless it's actually Brin)
Seconded
Old 05-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #248
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:

Thirded
Old 05-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #249
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Now, this is a reasonable thing for innocents to think about, but in my experience, it more often comes from wolves.
Yeah, not liking it. It implies that it's totally ok not to lynch a wolf toDay or toMorrow or etc.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:45 PM   #250
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Fourtified!
Old 05-11-2020, 12:17 AM   #251
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
With the Wolves not believing Kit, and most of the village not believing sally, and who knows what will happen with the Seer - I feel like the only gifted who will actually be believed is the Child, and that's because of mod omnipotence. Whence all the overflowing suspicion - from BOTH sides?
No, no, you're not being suspicious enough - the IC will post, and in the ten minutes between that and Nog showing up to confirm, nine people will vote for them.

Quote:
Fourtified!

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:40 AM   #252
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
For a noble cause!

Now now, I'm all for good fun, but I really wouldn't like someone of the Living to actually get a heart attack...

As for otherwise, I am starting to think that it might be one option to vote Zil. But we may want to give them something to chew on for toMorrow, in which case it could be somebody else if Zil looked like the village's probably suspect toDay anyways.

I also agree with Kit about both Steve (his last posts have also been suspicious and I'm kinda wondering if he's setting up for himself the future to bus Zil and then have innocents among his other suspects) and Lhuna.

Can someone figure out Lottie?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-11-2020, 05:52 AM   #253
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Someone among the living mentioned that the Seer is up to four dreams now. When I've been reading old dreams, the Seer reveals are some of the most exciting bits - are they going to drop two or three wolves at once? Have they been working to protect a whole bunch of innocents? Have all their targets been lynched already, leaving them feeling useless? Or have they been the driving force behind multiple successful wolf lynches?

In this game, we have the added thrill that if they don't manage to get all their knowledge out in the open, the village will be stuck trying to mind-read the QT to figure out what the Seer has told them... which I would hate to be doing, but will be brilliant fun to watch.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 07:47 AM   #254
Kitanna
Child of the West

I feel like Zil is hard at work to get a Lommy bandwagon going. Which if Mac (he did suggest it, right? I'm at work and can't scroll through) guessed correctly and Boro is the seer and dreamt an innocent Lommy, then that makes Zil look very bad indeed.
He's been looking fishy for a while.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #255
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Been thinking the same. And I'm up for giving our vote to Zil today.

Also I see Boro has been talking about Lhuna now, which makes me think we need not give our vote to her today, bc if he is really the Seer, and if he is around, he may continue going for her also next Day, and if he dies, people would likely follow on it (plus we could put the message across from here).

Opinions? Others? Sally?
Old 05-11-2020, 08:20 AM   #256
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
For the QT. I would vote +-Lhuna
Aye Cap'n!
Old 05-11-2020, 08:30 AM   #257
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm awake! And here! Well, at least one of those things.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:30 AM   #258
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

We might be able to start a bandwaggon since our vote is always one of the first. So that's nice.

My one worry is if we explicitly follow Boro's instruction, it paints a target for the wolves right on his face.

A night-killed seer still gets their dream, right? Modgod?
Old 05-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #259
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I also support this plan.

I'd currently prefer Steve over Dun, but I see the logic behind a Dun vote, so let me read through the GT again and I'll reconsider.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:34 AM   #260
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
For the QT. I would vote +-Lhuna
I could go for this, maybe, as she's one of the ones I was thinking of with "under the radar".
Old 05-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #261
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
We might be able to start a bandwaggon since our vote is always one of the first. So that's nice.

My one worry is if we explicitly follow Boro's instruction, it paints a target for the wolves right on his face.

A night-killed seer still gets their dream, right? Modgod?
I mean, it only indicates that we trust Boro, and we don't know anything. Nor does he, if you're right - Lhuna could be innocent. But yeah, it draws attention to the interaction. We could go for another of his suspects.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:56 AM   #262
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I reeeally hope Boro will dream of Greenie tonight. I will eat my mousepad if she's not evil.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:58 AM   #263
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm not so convinced Boro is the seer, but I'll go with the consensus for now.

I'd be okay with a Dun vote. It would certainly clear up more things in the living thread, and it's not like I'm convinced of his innocence. That said, if a "better" candidate is brought up, say Lottie or Steve for instance, I wouldn't complain.

x'd with Mac
Old 05-11-2020, 08:59 AM   #264
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I mean, it only indicates that we trust Boro, and we don't know anything. Nor does he, if you're right - Lhuna could be innocent. But yeah, it draws attention to the interaction. We could go for another of his suspects.
The thing that it paints a target on his face is what I thought and why I suggested Zil instead. See above. If he's still alive, he may continue to push Lhuna toMorrow. If he isn't, people may deduce as much from his posts and go after her too. And in either of the cases we can vote her toMorrow.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:59 AM   #265
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

So, going through the whole game thread to analyze Steve, Lhuna & Zil, came upon this little exchange between Boro and our very own G55 that I'd forgotten about:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbler55
Umm, what was that all about? I get that you want to replace/amend the idea of lists with a single choice, the top pick. But seriously, what?

Should we test you for viral encephalopathy?
I might need such a test. Whether we're aware, or in the unconscious, we all remain in-character. Agreed? And what do you glean from my in-character? Am I aware I'm doing it or is it in the unconscious? Leave that thought there for a moment.
So, um, there's that.

And in response to Boro talking about waiting for someone to cough:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil pastry
*cough*
*cough cough*
*ahem*
*clears throat*

Congrats on the anniversary!

(Completely unrelated, but for some reason I forgot how to spell "throat" and ended up with something like "throuaght". Do I need to be tested for viral encephalopathy too? )
That too.

Last edited by Rikae; 05-11-2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: wonky quotes
Old 05-11-2020, 09:31 AM   #266
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake
I'm not so convinced Boro is the seer, but I'll go with the consensus for now.

I'd be okay with a Dun vote. It would certainly clear up more things in the living thread, and it's not like I'm convinced of his innocence. That said, if a "better" candidate is brought up, say Lottie or Steve for instance, I wouldn't complain.
If Mac suspected Boro as Seer based on nothing, but a solid read-through, then methinks the wolves would be catching on by now too?

I was thinking it over and came to a few theories about Boro.
1) BoroSeer dreamt an innocent Lommy, dreamt a guilty Lhuna. He's playing everything pretty close to the vest to avoid detection.
2) He's a wolf and I'd say Lommy might be one too. I say that because of Huin's persistent suspicion of her, but then he'd vote elsewhere. This is a very bold move for wolves, but if two wolves are lynched Boro and Huin and one suspected Lommy and the other defended her, then she might be perceived innocentish in the aftermath.
3) He's a perceptive innocent who is leaving fake clues to draw wolves to him as the seer. In which case, Lommy is likely innocent.

Personally, I find Zil to be the most suspicious, followed by Eonwe as a submarine wolf, with Lhuna as a slightly distanced third.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #267
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I reeeally hope Boro will dream of Greenie tonight. I will eat my mousepad if she's not evil.
Similar sentiment here. More and more. At one point yesterDay I sorta stopped suspecting her, but otherwise I so don't like it how she's "soft-suspecting" Lommy, or others. Always the structure of her posts seems to be:
"<Quote=XY.> I think what XY says makes actually a lot of sense. I can talk for a whole paragraph about how this makes sense.
Let me just finish by saying this one reason why you should lynch them, but otherwise fine."
That's kind of a similar behaviour to Hui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Basically me.

I would say,

+-Zil

and then if for some reason it messes up, secondarily Steve, tertiary Lhuna.

Quote:
So, going through the whole game thread to analyze Steve, Lhuna & Zil, came upon this little exchange between Boro and our very own G55 that I'd forgotten about:
Uhh... I totally didn't get that.

x-ed with Kit
Old 05-11-2020, 09:38 AM   #268
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
If Mac suspected Boro as Seer based on nothing, but a solid read-through, then methinks the wolves would be catching on by now too?
Except perhaps our Wolves aren't the brightest, given that it took them one Night and basically outright confirmation from you before they decided to kill you. What say you, our local Wolf? Is your pack not the brightest?

(Or perhaps they are just indecisive. That would point to Greenie.)
Old 05-11-2020, 09:43 AM   #269
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Except perhaps our Wolves aren't the brightest, given that it took them one Night and basically outright confirmation from you before they decided to kill you. What say you, our local Wolf? Is your pack not the brightest?
I mean, your Ranger wasn't the brightest. Maybe the village it's the infection eat away at our brains.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:46 AM   #270
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I mean, your Ranger wasn't the brightest. Maybe the village it's the infection eat away at our brains.
Well, given how yesterDay's lynch went, I wouldn't rule that possibility out...
Old 05-11-2020, 09:50 AM   #271
Kitanna
Child of the West

Has anyone gotten a read on Rune? I forgot he was playing until I saw a mention of him. Talk about a submarine.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #272
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Has anyone gotten a read on Rune? I forgot he was playing until I saw a mention of him. Talk about a submarine.
He seemed super okay to me, largely because I agreed with 99% of what he said and the remaining 1% was stuff where I originally also thought the same and then changed my mind.

If he's a Wolf, he's a very good one. He at least seems to have his own mind too.

That isn't to say he can't be a Wolf - anybody can - but probably no reason making him the center of our interest. Yet.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:55 AM   #273
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
That isn't to say he can't be a Wolf - anybody can - but probably no reason making him the center of our interest. Yet.
I'm not throwing him out as an option, not when so many others look so suspicious. I was just curious if anyone had a read on him. He has been completely under the radar the whole game. Which, he's a brilliant submarine wolf, if he's guilty of lupine activities.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:57 AM   #274
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
I would say we're thick as two short planks, but I'm not sure we're clever enough to use planks.

Quote:
Always the structure of her posts seems to be:
"<Quote=XY.> I think what XY says makes actually a lot of sense. I can talk for a whole paragraph about how this makes sense.
Let me just finish by saying this one reason why you should lynch them, but otherwise fine."
That's kind of a similar behaviour to Hui.
I really want to promise that next game I will just point at people and scream "WOOOOLF!" if they look dodgy.

But I can't. It is totally foreign to my nature.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 10:15 AM   #275
Kitanna
Child of the West

In about forty minutes I'm going to go into a two hour meeting and I'll miss our DL. At this point I'm leaning toward Zil, I don't want to split our vote against our cobbler and wolf. So if if anyone else has a better candidate, they think we should go after, let me know.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:18 AM   #276
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm pretty comfy with a Dun vote today, so if that will guarantee us a unified innocent vote, I'll go for it.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #277
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
In one way or another the cobbler is the most beneficial when sacrificing for the pack (counts as an innocent lynched).
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Nice one, Boro.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #278
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I'm pretty comfy with a Dun vote today, so if that will guarantee us a unified innocent vote, I'll go for it.
The more I look through his history, the more I feel like he plays too risky, and speaks too carelessly, for a wolf.

Lhuna, OTOH, looks fishier and fishier. If Boro is the seer, he's taking a calculated risk and must consider it worthwhile.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #279
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
No, they don't, but they have read Gal and Huine's interactions on the QT thread and know what lead them to pick Brinn yesterDay.
And has it been super helpful for you, Cutiennocents?

I see you're looking at an In/Zil/Dun vote (seriously, does he not have a single nickname?). Interesting, veeery interesting.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 10:39 AM   #280
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I think I feel like simply going with Boro's suggestion of Lhuna toDay, in the hope that he knows what he's doing.

If it's going to be Inzil or Loslote, I'm not going to complain either though.