The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies > Best of ... Movies Discussions
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2001, 03:58 PM   #1
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring The Violence!!! Are you scared to see LOTR?

<BR>The Violence!<br> _____________________<br> <br> If you have read LOTR and thought about how the different parts would be like in the Movie.. havent you ever thought of the GORE! There are battles with thousands and thousands of people dying, blood everywhere, spare body parts laying around. In the tower of Cirith Ungol, it describes how there are heads and arms and dead bodys lying on the floor! I dont see how they could make such battle scenes and show all the bloodiness without a R rating on this movie.<br> <br> I heard that after all the movies are out, they will release a special edition showing more of the violence, but it will have an R or even Mature rating. I just think it sucks that we have to wait 3 years to see all the really good fighting scenes that the PG-13 Rating will not show.<br> <br> Are you scared to see LOTR?<br> ______________________________________________<br> <br> I was actually thinking of not seeing the LOTR Movies. Ever since the first time I read The Hobbit and LOTR I have been hooked and have re-read them many times. I am just scared that the movies will screw up my whole perception of the book. Like, when I saw the movie versions of the Orcs, those are nothing like I pictured them in my head. And the way Legolas looks and alot of other things are all different.<br> <br> I will see the Movies, because now LOTR Fan wouldnt, but I am afraid that if a character looks or sounds stupid in the Movie, that is the way I will picture him every time I re-read the books. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000064>GandaIf The White</A> at: 5/20/01 6:09:12 pm<br></i>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 10:19 AM   #2
amyrlis
Wight

amyrlis has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I have been wondering about the scene in RotK when the Orcs catapult the heads of slain Gondorians over the wall into the citadel. I imagine that is much easier to read than to actually see! Yikes! <p>-amyrlis <Br>These are indeed strange days. Dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass. -Eomer</p>
Old 05-21-2001, 11:45 PM   #3
Telchar
Stonehearted Dwarf Smith

Telchar has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I scared - shaken - terrified - not about the scenes, but what they have done to them... <p>Anar kaluva tielyanna!</p>