The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2003, 02:11 PM   #81
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A suggestion to those of us who are students or in similar financial situations. When I was in college I used to take the old albums I didn't listen to anymore (yes, they were vinyl records) down to sell at the Record and Tape Traders to have money to donate to things. Even if you just find one it is a couple of bucks. It cleans, recycles and helps a cause all at once! And you don't have the bother of a yard sale.

And Mister Barrow Wight, perhaps there is some way to put excess funds in a sort of trust or fixed deposit? It would be wonderful if interest could cover costs when needed, though the taxman may become unduly involved.
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:11 PM   #82
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Well, I just bought the Arwen pendant, so that should help a bit. It's rather cheap through BD store too.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 01:14 PM   #83
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Again is there a way to buy from the Barrow shop without a credit card?
Old 07-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #84
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

PayPal takes credit cards, bank cards, and checks.

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 06:39 PM   #85
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Sting

Although all my spare change goes to gas money (for the dang car...I wish I knew how to ride a bike...) and to my niece's college fund, I can't spare money directly to the 'Downs. On the other hand, my 18th birthday is coming up in September, which I feel warrants some Middle-Earth merchandise, so I will sit my parents in front of the computer and show them the 'Downs store. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #86
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

thankyou Beren. I have been wondering, you are very kind. After my wisdom teeth I will be free once more to splurge on the BDS!( By the way and way off topic, it was you that had the Llama avatar wasn't it?) I do hope that the beginning of the semester doesn't mess up with my plans. I am also planning, with my mother, a yard sale...... so I will try. I will stem my need to buy amovie, or to go get new cloths, or to oh yes, no matter how hard it is not buy a new action figure or book, but I will if I find them in the Downs shop.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:17 PM   #87
Bulelainwen
Animated Skeleton

Bulelainwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bulelainwen
Sting

Hmm...I have seem to have found this thread at the perfect time. My parents just set up a checking account with a credit card for me. I will find some way to donate to the 'Downs. I really should, saying I've been here for over a year. Though I am currently $750 in debt to my parents (me+credit card+europe=$750 debt) I WILL donate. It'll just take a little longer to pay my parents back. I have been wanting a T-shirt for a while now. And not all teenagers get an allowence, I don't. But I am doing chores and other odd jobs to earn money. And hopefully BW will recieve something from me soon. It would certainly be horrid if the Barrow-Downs closed. But thanks to lots of wonderful people, we know it isn't going to happen. ^_^
Bulelainwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 04:34 PM   #88
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Just thought I'd report that the banner ad for THE HOBBITS has produced plenty of hits and a goodly number of new reviews from folk who have read the entire novel. Banner ads are a great way to support the Downs!
Old 08-06-2003, 09:49 PM   #89
Thalimenel

Eye

I, too, am to young to donate money. I will do all I can at the shop though! I do have SOME money.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:56 AM   #90
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I do agree that most 16-year-olds (being one myself) are very limited in resources, but thanks to indulgent Indian parents who felt that I needed to start paying for my own things, I now have a credit card.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.

Last edited by Finwe; 02-20-2004 at 07:29 PM.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:29 PM   #91
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I want to buy something from the store, but I can't find the link anywhere! I tried the link given at the beginning of this thread, but it just took me back to the forums. I could have sworn there was a link at the main site, but it doesn't seem to be there. Can someone provide a link please? Or has the store shut down and I just missed it?

Thanks, I'm losing my mind here.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:41 PM   #92
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The store was dancing around in the Sammath Naur and slipped into the Crack of Doom. I'm not sure if we'll be offering shirts, hats, etc. anymore.

Thenamir, do we have any of those left?
Old 09-05-2004, 07:42 PM   #93
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Ah non! Not Sammath Naur! Too bad! If only it could be reforged....
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:49 PM   #94
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh, man. That's too bad. Well, thanks, and as Perky said, maybe the store could be opened up again? Maybe?
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 03:44 PM   #95
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree Store

Dang! I was looking for a Barrow Downs t-shirt.
So all the costs are being covered by donation now?
I'll have to make arrangements for that with my paypal.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #96
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Good November to all of you folks. I am sorry for not paying more attention to this thread in days past.

As to what we have left -- there are a few t-shirts in mostly smaller sizes, plenty of coffee mugs, and a few baseball caps.

If there is something that you would like me to investigate for you, I can still do so. I still have my connections to my suppliers for swords and other stuff. I'll do what I can. Just drop me a line, thenamir@barrowdowns.com, or vincent.smith@centerpointenergy.com
Old 12-03-2004, 02:23 PM   #97
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree Barrow Downs gear

Got my shirt and cup today! Thanks!
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:34 PM   #98
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Satisfaction Guaranteed!!
Old 12-03-2004, 03:29 PM   #99
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog
Got my shirt and cup today! Thanks!
Ditto minus the cup! (cause I didn't order one ) Very nice shirt; I enjoy it.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:31 PM   #100
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thanks for letting me know it arrived safely and in good condition, glad to help out!

Anyone else? These are collector's items, you know...
Old 12-03-2004, 07:33 PM   #101
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Funny...I could have sworn that I emailed you, Thenamir. I'll try again.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #102
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Is there still a need for any help. While I'm poor I wouldn't mind doing a little each month to help out if needed.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:44 AM   #103
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
And are there still any of those T-shirts around? Free advertising and all you know.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #104
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Yes, I would like a shirt if there are any still around. How much are they?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #105
FeRaL sHaDoW
Wight

FeRaL sHaDoW has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to FeRaL sHaDoW
like some one else said I’m still a kid/teenager, so I don’t really have money that I could donate myself, but I would definitely try to persuade my parents to get something from the shop. the hardest thing is that im from new zealand.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #106
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Ahh, someone dug up the old thread. There's not much left in the old Barrow-Downs shop...a few t-shirts, some coffee mugs, some FOTR and TTT action figures, one of the gold-plated-sterling One-Ring replicas...let me know what you're looking for.

P.S. I can ship to New Zealand, but the shipping charges are more expensive.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #107
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
There is stuff left? Glory be! Expect an email, Thenamir.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:12 PM   #108
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Stuff left in the BD Store

I have a couple of t-shirts, large and small (sorry, no mediums or XLs), they're $10 each plus postage, usually about $3 in the USA. I have a couple of baseball caps left, for $7, and a ton of coffee mugs for $5.

I also have many of the LOTR action figures from FOTR and TTT (none from ROTK, sorry). I can also still get the sword replicas from United Cutlery, but they're pretty expensive. Let me know if there's anything you'd like, and I'll send along prices.

If you order and pay on Paypal by Wednesday morning, I can have it delivered in the USA by Priority Mail and get it there by Christmas, in necessary.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:24 PM   #109
Alkanoonion
Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe mmm coffee

Mmmm been some time from my last donation and it’s time that I made a new contribution, I would like to order 2 mugs please. Can you Ship to Adelaide Australia and if so at what cost? Btw do the downs have any new payment methods available yet?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #110
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Might I be able to grab that small t-shirt, if possible?

I bought one years ago but I can't find it! I imagine it will turn up eventually, but I won't mind having two one bit...

Oh, and actually a mug sounds nice, too.

Thanks so much!

Edit: Ah, I cannot resist...one more mug and a hat, too, please!

So... 1 small t-shirt, 1 cap, 2 mugs (as long as shipping isn't really nasty for all of that...). Thanks so much!

Last edited by Durelin; 12-19-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #111
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
Are there any pictures of the merchandise? I am interested.
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
ninja91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:11 AM   #112
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well I would be interested in 2 mugs.Please someone Pm me and let me know how this all works.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #113
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Might I claim a large t-shirt please?

Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #114
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Is the only way to pay for it by Paypal? Or is there other means which I can use?
Old 12-20-2006, 03:20 AM   #115
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Is the only way to pay for it by Paypal? Or is there other means which I can use?
I second that motion.

Plus, I would like a hat and a mug.

Do you deliver to The United Kingdom of Great Briton and Northern Ireland? Or at least, the province of England?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #116
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ha, I'm wearing a Downs t-shirt right now...something I purchased way back in 2002.

I think I'd be interested in a mug. I've discovered ever since my suitemates and their friends starting using all my mugs, I can never have too many.

How long will it take to ship to somewhere in the US? An important question because right now I have two homes...
Old 12-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #117
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja91
Are there any pictures of the merchandise? I am interested.
Well, I can tell you that the shirt is a nice dark green with the Barrow-Downs logo on it (the logo with the sword at the top of the site and forums), right across the middle, on the front. And on the back, up towards the top is the url, in gold writing. I believe the hat is very similar...likely the mugs are, too (it's been too long since I looked through the old Barrow store...). Nice and simple that way, but striking.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:40 PM   #118
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja91
Are there any pictures of the merchandise?

Voila:

Old 12-20-2006, 08:48 PM   #119
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oooh...I definitely want two.

Thank you, Bethberry!
Old 12-20-2006, 10:17 PM   #120
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
The T-shirt can be seen here twice - both photos taken several years ago for the T-shirt contest. Lush is wearing the XL shirt, so you can get an approximate idea of sizing.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote