The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #161
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
The first wolf leaped and bit Sotty's leg and the second walked slowly toward him. Sotty, knowing he did not have long to live, quickly unhinged his jaw. Hiriel woke up from the noise at just this point--just in time to see Sotty close his jaws around him and swallow him whole. The wolves quickly finished Sotty off, congratulating themselves on killing the hunter.
Wha...?

I didn't know that was anatomically possible, but hey, something must come from nothing...

This makes me think about last nights votes, something i've been rolling over in my head all day long (rather annoying), and i've learned quiet alot of things by now. Funny thing really, I thought I was going to be late in today's voting process, and have been counting three hours ahead for the past two hours, but I guess the voting has just begun for 'today'...

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #162
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Since our numbers are so greatly diminished this morning, I'm going to look at the votes in a different way.

Voting records of those of us still alive:

wilwarin: tar-ancalime, Rune, Wayne
WaynetheGoblin: (DEATH), no vote, Bergil
Sleepy Ranger: Glirdan, Rune, Bergil
tar-ancalime: no vote, THE Ka, Eonwe
Eonwe: Wilwarin, Kitanna, Bergil
Holbytlass: Glirdan, Sleepy, Sleepy
THE Ka: no vote, Rune, Wayne

voted for Bergil, in chronological order:

Sleepy, Wayne, Eonwe, sotty

voted for Wayne, in chronological order:

wilwarin, Bergil, THE Ka

Only Sleepy has always voted for the person who got the axe. I don't know what to make of that, but I must confess a slight suspicion of those who are always to be found on the winning side, in Gaurhoth as in life.

Only Holbytlass has voted for the same person twice. I'd like to hear more from her about her suspicions of Sleepy.

---

Now let's take a look at sotty's voting and posts, and see what the motivation for this mauling might have been:

voting: tar-ancalime, Hiriel, Bergil

Clearly Hiriel was very high on sotty's list, as we can see this gruesome morning when we look back to comments from yesterDAY and sotty's vote from DAY 2.

Sotty's other suspicions yesterDAY included Bergil (who got the vote), Eonwe, and Wayne. (Post # 142)

Earlier comments from sotty (I think this is all of them; please add to this if I've missed any pertinent information):

post # 12 (first post) is not really informative
--in post # 25 adds a comment about Kitanna to Kitanna's list of suspects
--in post # 42 expresses mistrust with bandwagoning and "blame" (mentions Hiriel here), voices suspicion of DEATH
--in post # 58 votes for me while expressing suspicion of DEATH and Hiriel
--in post # 73 counsels Wayne about correct voting
--in post # 84 responds to Kitanna's Sleepy/sotty theory and explains the first-day vote for me, and voices suspicion of Hiriel
--in post # 106 posts some more about suspicions of Hiriel and some thoughts about Bergil
--post # 110 is mostly about the Rune debate, but the end mentions Hiriel yet again
--in post # 115 votes for Hiriel
--in post # 126 mentions the Hunter; also defends not voting for Rune; voices suspicion of Sleepy, me, and Bergil based on Kitanna's death
--in post # 142 makes a list of suspects (in order of suspicion): Hiriel, Bergil, Eonwe, Wayne, Sleepy; wilwarin, Holby, THE Ka, and I are all mentioned as likely innocents
--in post # 146 argues with Bergil
--in post # 153 states that either Bergil or Hiriel is a wolf, but not both
--in post # 154 votes for Bergil

My impression from looking at this summary is the pervasive presence of Hiriel in almost all of sotty's posts. Sotty made no secret of a continuing and unabated suspicion of Hiriel.

I think the wolves chose sotty as their victim specifically in an attempt to frame Hiriel, but it unfortunately backfired on them when the suspicious sotty chose Hiriel as the Hunter's quarry.

---

I'm hoping to hear lots of comments from everyone today, especially Sleepy Ranger, who has been very reticent these few days.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:21 AM   #163
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hellooooooooo.......

*watches tumbleweed roll by*

I know that last night's tragedy has shaken us all, but we've got a responsibility to each other and to our ancestors who built Lower Tadfield, to purge our town of these wolves!

Silence only gives the wolves a place to hide. It makes their gruesome task easier.

Let's talk, talk, talk and share some theories!

I stand by my suspicions of Eonwe from yesterday.

Also, the more I think of it, the more I realize that we really haven't heard much from Sleepy Ranger. Sleepy, are you waiting for theories to form, or hiding a fanged grin behind your reticence?

The criticisms of Wayne from yesterday still hold, and are similar to my suspicions of Sleepy. Wayne, let us know what you're thinking! Also, Bergil (Wayne's first accuser, as I recall) was recently proved innocent in a most unfortunate way.

So, my feelings at the moment are:

Eonwe, Sleepy, and Wayne are suspicious to me.

I feel that THE Ka and Holbytlass are most likely innocent.

I hate to say it about someone who has come across as so kind and caring, but I'm just not sure about wilwarin at this point. Are you the thoughtful villager you seem to be, considering everyone as objectively as you can, or are you wearing those butterfly wings to cover up your big pointy claws?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:33 AM   #164
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Say Wha...?

Wait how was I supposed to know that they'd be the ones to get killed? Yes, I did think that Rune would be lynched and he did. As for Bergil I already stated why I voted for him and how is it my fault others felt it fit to vote for him?

As for being silent, I do believe I have posted a fair bit, perhaps I have not made many theories but I do re-call posting a bit about Wayne. If you mean to say that I was silent on the last Day that is because I wasn't well, I said so in the post where I voted. I've been a bit down on health which resulted in less posting, hopefully that explains my lack of posting but there have been people to vote lesser than me.

Wilwarin538- Possibly innocent but not sure.
WaynetheGoblin- Something tells me hes innocent but evidence says otherwise. (which there isn't much of)
Sleepy Ranger- Make of me what you will.
Tar-ancalime- Proably innocent.
Eonwe- Wolf (?)
Holbytlass- I honestly have no idea...
THE Ka- Innocent (?)

And as for waiting for theories, I daresay we have a few already but I haven't really had time to go through them (due to being sick).

I shall be back later
Old 10-24-2005, 06:43 AM   #165
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*stretch&yawn*

It's early (due to time zones... i'm always three hours in the past) and I don't know when the voting is going to end yet. my only hope is that it doesn't end before I get home at 3:30 (pm), which it probably will.

Anyways, it's a bit too early to cast stones, but I have still suspicions of today, and of yesterday.

Wayne of whom it would be nice to see more of, made my suspicion a bit stronger yesterday and now that we have two more of our villagers gone. I know how hard it is to post everything down before voting time ends and time differences, but I wonder if it would be possible to just give us your current thoughts and reasons every now and then. I hold suspicion based on the lack of involvment and voting.

Wilwarin, also it would be nice to see more of. Actually, based on involvement and posting, I would have to put Wilwarin above Wayne on my list now at this time. As i've said before in this post, it would be nice if you could just leave us some thoughts now and then, just to know if you're really out there or not. The same, but now with more suspicion based on lack on involvment.

Eonwe is not really suspicious right now to me, but ever since the earlier episode of first-day-voting people's have changed and or, left us. There is posting by them, but I have to yet to find some reason by which to hold suspicion yet.

Sleepy Ranger is not so sleepy it seems, but with a cold. I cannot hold suspicion based on posts and involvment, because sleepy has been contributing after every night and day posts so far. Though it may not be as much as others, but they still posted. Though, I will have to go through the posts again, since most are of recent content still unknown to me, or I am unsure of their target.

Okay, I must leave now for school and later come home and do research into these matters. Hopefully I will be able vote in time.

~ Ka
Old 10-24-2005, 08:16 AM   #166
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ah, nice to hear from you, Sleepy Ranger! I certainly hope you feel better soon. It can be difficult to concentrate on werewolves when you're being menaced by germs.

I sincerely apologize for prodding you to post earlier; it's just that, as you mention yourself in your post, we don't have all that much to go on. I can't think of another way to get clearer about how things stand, than to hear from everyone.

Also I know that the first half of the DAY is not convenient for many people due to their longitudes; I'm hoping that when I get up in the morning to cast my vote there will be some more posts.

It's nice, too, to hear some more thoughts from you, THE Ka. Your paragraph about wilwarin got me thinking, especially.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #167
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Day 1
Wilwarin-->Tar-Ancalime (tar-1)
Holby-->Glirdan (tar-1, glir-1)
SleepyRanger-->Glirdan (tar-1, glir-2)
Sotty-->Tar-ancalime (tar-2, glir-2)
Kittanna-->Sleepy Ranger (tar-2, glir-2, sleep-1)
Eonwe-->Wilwarin (tar-2, glir-2, sleep-1, wil-1)
Gurthang-->Marcolie (tar-2, glir-2 sleep-1, wil-1, marc-1)
Bergil-->Marcolie (tar-2, glir-2, sleep-1, wil-1, marc-2)
Wayne-->Marcolie (doesn't count)
Marcolie-->Glirdan (tar-2, glir-3, sleep-1, wil-1, marc-2)
Rune-->Marcolie (tar-2, glir-3, sleep-1, wil-1, marc-3)

no vote: Glirdan, Tar-ancolime, Hiriel, The Ka

Day 2
tar-ancalime: THE Ka (THE Ka, 1)
Kitanna: Rune (THE Ka, 1; Rune, 1)
THE Ka: Rune (Rune,2; THE Ka, 1)
Sleepy Ranger: Rune (Rune, 3; THE Ka, 1)
Wilwarin: Rune (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1)
Bergil: Wayne (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1)
Hiriel: tar-ancalime (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1)
sotty: Hiriel (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1; Hiriel, 1)
Holbytlass: Sleepy Ranger (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1; Hiriel, 1; Sleepy Ranger, 1)
Eonwe: Kitanna (Rune, 4; Kitanna, 1; five others, 1 each)
Rune: Kitanna (Rune, 4; Kitanna, 2; five others, 1 each)

no vote Wayne

Day 3
Wilwarin-->Wayne (Wayne-1)
Sleepy Ranger-->Bergil (Wayne-1, Bergil-1)
WaynetheGoblin-->Bergil (Wayne-1, Bergil-2)
Eonwe-->Bergil (Wayne-1, Bergil-3)
Bergil-->Wayne (Wayne-2, Bergil-3)
Holby-->Sleepy Ranger (Wayne-2, Bergil-3, Sleepy-1)
Sotty-->Bergil (Wayne-2, Bergil-4, Sleepy-1)
The Ka-->Wayne (Wayne-3, Bergil-4, Sleepy-1)
Tar-ancolime-->Eonwe(Wayne-3, Bergil-4, Sleepy-1, Eonwe-1)

No Vote: Hiriel

Onto evaluating.....
Old 10-24-2005, 08:59 AM   #168
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

First off, lets look at whom the wolves chose to kill at night....

1) Gurthang:
sus: Marcolie, Wayne, Tar-ancolime
Vote:Marcolie

2)Kittanna:
sus: Glirdan, Tar-ancolime, Marcolie, Sleepy Ranger, Gurthang
vote:Sleepy Ranger

sus: Rune, Sleepy Ranger, Sotty, Bergil, Tar-ancolime, The Ka
votes:Rune

3)Sotty:
sus:marcolie, Hiriel, Tar-ancolime
vote:Tar-ancolime

sus:Hiriel, Bergil
vote:hiriel

sus:Hiriel, Bergil, Eonwe, Wayne
vote: Hiriel

Most reasonable to think that Kittanna got it for taking down a wolf, she came across as the seer. Wolves tend to want the seer out of the way early on even at the sacrifice of a fellow wolf.

As far as voting goes, Gurthang voted an innocent and Sotty: voted twice for the same innocent and once for an unknown. Most of all their high suspicions have been for (now known) innocents. I think right now the wolves are playing it safe and killing people whose death won't automatically lead back to them. That is not to say I think the others that Gurthang, Kittanna and Sotty thought suspicious are cleared.

Which means some of us are not being killed because we're on the right track.....
Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 AM   #169
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why I think Tar-ancalime is a wolf, especially in relation to Rune, a known wolf:

Rune(45):
Márcolië Lamen
Gurthang
tar-ancalime
(It does not meen that I will vote for one of them)

Rune(68):I will let Tar-ancalime go for this time, but lets see tomorrow.votes:Marcolie

Tar(87): defends Rune here

Rune(98):defends Tar
"I have not found anything in Gurthy's posts that point in one direction, but it would properly not have been tar-ancalime who is a wolf becourse she was one of his main suspects. (the other was DEATH and we were wrong about it!)"

Their defence of each other were about each others votes for innocent deaths. They were towards the beginning of the DAY as if to subtley persuade the rest of us as to their innocent intent.

Tar misses a vote then votes The Ka for the exact same reason citing that a wolf was amongst the first DAY none-voters, being suspicious of Hiriel and The Ka. Next DAY, Tar turns around at defends The Ka, and goes back to her 'fall-guy' vote Eonwe.

Even though Tar-ancalime is on each of the night kills' list, she wasn't the main suspect in any of them and as the days went by, she was becoming less suspicious in their eyes.

Of course, Sleepy Ranger is still on my suspect list.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:08 PM   #170
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

ok then, holby, i'm thinking you will last a long time. (if your thinking on wolves not killing those on to them is correct). tar is super high on my suspect list. he is off teh rune bandwagon, which is a strike agianst him. and he's on my WHO'S LEFT LIST. and there certainly seems to be some mutual defense between tar and rune.

again, if im not back on today, i wouldn't prolly have voted tar. (and i hope to do so before im off.)

that's all for now. ill hopefully be checking back in an hour or so.

edit: actually, id like to hear a defense of tar before i vote for him. that is to say, it would be nice to hear from him, but ill vote for him if he doesn't.

Last edited by Eonwe; 10-24-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #171
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
About my lack of posting. I would like to post as much as I have in past games, but thats very diffucult, especially with my schedual. I have no time in the morning, or at lunch and only have an hour after school. Then I usually work, sometimes past the time that the vote is due. I am trying, but it really isn't my fault.

My thoughts, they might have changed since yesterday:

Wilwarin538 - innocent
WaynetheGoblin - annoying, but probably innocent now that I think about it, a wolf most likely wouldn't post that little
Sleepy Ranger - again I'm not really sure, though my suspicion is rising slightly
Tar-ancalime - top of my list at the moment, mainly cause what Holby said makes sense
Eonwe - not sure, probably second on my list
Holbytlass - again I'm thinking shes innocent
THE Ka - most likely innocent

So everyone in order(from most supicious to least)

1.Tar-ancalime
2.Eonwe
3.Sleepy ranger
4.WaynetheGoblin
4.Holbytlass
5.THE Ka
(the double 4s weren't a mistake those two are even)

I will wait a little while longer before voting. I will most likely vote for tar.

Again, sorry its so short, I just have a lot to do.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #172
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I'd really like to hear from both Holby and Wilwa why they think I am a wolf because neither seems to have a reason, if they do I will gladly clear things up.

I haven't really paid much attention to Tar but you do bring up some good points. I will look into the matter.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #173
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I'd really like to hear from both Holby and Wilwa why they think I am a wolf because neither seems to have a reason, if they do I will gladly clear things up.
Like I said, I'm not that sure about you Sleepy. Thats why you are in the middle of my list, you're somewaht suspcious and somewhat not.

I'm not going to vote for you. I'm not suspicious of you enough to do that.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:37 PM   #174
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Vote

Actually I'm just going to vote now.

++tar-ancalime
Old 10-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #175
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

ok here is what i have been typeing up in word documents for the past couple days.

Wilwa: cleared for voteing rune last. a wolf vote would be 2nd or third. possibley first but kittana (may she rest in peace) is, alas, innocent.

Holby: i find her using the diction of an innocent. something in the way she posts and talks. rather shaky, but all the same, i don't have anything againster her, and she talks well (meaning innocently).

Me: well...

so my suspect List is narrowed down to:

THE Ka
Sleepy Ranger
Tar
Wayne

THE Ka and Sleepy Ranger voted 2nd and 3rd (respectively, i beleive) for Rune. wilwa killed him, so i think that clears her. im pretty sure one of them is a wolf.

Tar and Wayne are WHO'S LEFT. i don't really know what to think (other than there is a wolf here). Tar has some pretty bold strikes against her (you are a her right?). Wayne? i don't really know (because you never post anything mre than three lines long!). (ehem.)

ps. we don't have long left. what like another two Days. let's make this one count, shall we?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:48 PM   #176
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril Vote

same here. im pretty positive about tar.

++tar-ancalime
Old 10-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #177
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Wilwa: cleared for voteing rune last. a wolf vote would be 2nd or third. possibley first but kittana (may she rest in peace) is, alas, innocent.
When Wilwa voted it seemed that Rune would be lynched without a fight. I believe he had 3 votes to his name compared to only 1 vote received by somebody else at the time. Not pointing fingers just stating that.

Since I seem to be on the verge of a relapse I will place a vote and go to sleep.

++Eonwe

My decision was influenced by a lot of what others had to say and also because he fails to address any points raised against him.

I have a gut feeling that Tar is innocent but thats probably my mind messing with me while I'm sick.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #178
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
You deserve an explanation and as I was preparing one on you and my opinions on everyone I saw so much on Tar-ancalime. Today, I will vote for

++Tar-ancalime

I realize I'm not giving her a chance to explain, she's probably not even awake, but nothing she says will persuade me otherwise.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #179
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

ok screw this. i don't know how much longer i can survive. im going slightly mad trying to figure out what's what and who's who and why wilwa voted for tar.

heres the deal. wilwa is a wolf. im the seer. holby is innocent. all my other dreams got killed (which, cuz i suck at life, amounted to sotty last night. i missed a dream *profuse apologies* *kicks himself*).

tar certainly seems like a wolf, distancing herself from the rune lynch mob. but that is not enough. i haven't dreamed of her, though i should have last night. so your left with tar, wayne, sr, and THE Ka, like i said before. so draw you own conclutions. is tar a wolf that wilwa thought was tied and on the choping block, so she just voted? i don't know. maybe they worked it out that wilwa would stab both rune and tar in the back to make her look good to the end. what about sr and the ka. they look like they might be innocent, becasue of their placement on the rune bandwagon. but did they work this out ahead of time? what the frick is going on. you decide.

i strongly suggest voteing for tar. basically i want him dead, because im almost certain he is a wolf. (kitanna brought up rune seemingly out of nowhere. i don't think wilwa and her friend worked their voting out before hand. so we can cross off SR and the ka. that leaves wayne and tar. tar looks by far the worst, but lets not forget about wayne.)
Old 10-24-2005, 05:00 PM   #180
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
wilwa is a wolf. im the seer. holby is innocent.
Only one of those commetns is true. Holby is innocent. But I was the one who dreamt about her, not you. Sadly though everyone else I dreamt about has already died, I dreamt about Hiriel last night. I'll admit I havn't been doing the best job as seer that I could be doing and I apologize.

I just wish I could have admitted to it before this imposter came along. I have a feeling you all will believe him. But I'll tell you now its a big mistake.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #181
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
vote

Well I dont trust either of them. I am sorry that I wasnt here for a long time. I will vote.

++wilwarin538
Old 10-24-2005, 05:26 PM   #182
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

...Vote

Quote:
but did they work this out ahead of time?
In a sense, yes. I would have been tied with Kitanna in the time placement, except I decided to go on longer and explain other suspects instead of just Rune, due to my earlier suspects on the list compared to Rune. Luckly, I managed to actually vote for a wolf. So, that is why vote was second (or third? I forget), and not tied with Kitanna in time placement.

Okay, well on to more recent things. Sleepy is beginning to fall off my suspicious list as of now, because i've completely forgotten about another player, Tar (...how could I? ) but reasoning will do that to one's mind.

The small feud that was brewing the second day between Eonwe and Tar is over, but I'm still wondering if it was more of an 'inside' argument and not really directed to the other players as well, (ex. wolf aruging with wolf in an early stage, but still can be said amongst villagers at this early stage, due to lack of knowledge between each other.) Or, may i'm making a far-fetched generalization. I'm in a dead lock right now... Sleepy is low on the suspicion list because he really hasn't done much to set my alarm going. As for Holbytlass's earlier statements, i'm not counting them, because they were more of a misunderstanding of player's positions as of yesterday.

Wayne, still is holding a suspicious vote with me, because I can recognize that besides the lack of vote's he has been rather shifty... it seems there are mainly a few players doing all of the talking, but again it would be nice to hear from you. Please, just let us know you're following the progress of the game.

I don't know how much time is left for voting, but it seems that there are at least two sides in the voting:

Highly suspicious amoung both voting groups:

Tar-ancalime ("tar certainly seems like a wolf, distancing herself from the rune lynch mob.", yes this is true, but they had a reason to vote for a fellow non-voter since it is the first step in the reasoning process. Though, it does look suspicious when you are a non-voter as well.
WaynetheGoblin (basically, for the lack of knowledge about them and their voting pattern.)

Suspicious amoung one voting group:

Eonwe (also low, but still holding some suspicion amoungst one group)
SleepyRanger (though, this has been recently resolved by most of that one group, so, this is very low on the suspicion scale)

Okay, well I am going to cast my vote now, since I do not know how much time I will have left to vote.

The only reasoning now, that I can come up with, and that is based upon the posts and votes is that I will have to vote for Wayne.

I know that I am voting for the same person from last time, but they have proven to be the only one with reasonable information to vote for. I understand why Tar would be voted for, but Wayne to me, holds more grounds for suspicion.

So, thus be my vote:

++WaynetheGoblin

Sincerely,

Ka
Old 10-24-2005, 05:37 PM   #183
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

wilwa, don't even try. it looks terrible taht you can only come up with dead people as your dreams. and you can kill me tonight and then be killed tomarrow. or you can be lynched today and we can lynch tar tomarrow, after im dead. but either way, they'll find out im the seer, because you know you have to kill me. and then its the pits for you, my dear.

like i said, i would strongly suggest voteing for tar today. i really think wilwa and the other wolf (aka tar) worked it out that wilwa would kill him and vertually fall off the map as far as the village is concerned. at the end, she would pull out her aces and yell about how she was directly resposible for two wolf deaths. or maybe wilwa just saw things were looking really bad for tar and put her vote there. either way, i think the logic is the same, and i think that tar is a wolf.

again, lets not spread the votes out to much. and please, make sure you kill either wilwa or tar. but preferabley tar, becasue we already have three votes there. *rubs hands together* then wilwa. also remeber teh convelutedness of rune's bandwagon, and that wayne is in no way proved innocent. vote wisely, and things should come out right.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:04 PM   #184
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, this is a reversal of fortune indeed. I awake to see that my fate is sealed.

I can only hope that the death of yet another innocent will clear things up for the rest of you.

I'm aware that this is too little, too late (and I stayed up very late last night waiting for someone to speak--I can't help but feel a little ambushed), but I'd like to address some of the comments made about me in recent hours.

1. (to Holbytlass) The post you cite as "defending Rune" actually voices an alternate theory as to why Rune is so suspicious. I didn't pass any judgment because it was so early in the DAY, hoping to hear some more before deciding.

2. (to Eonwe) Of course I wasn't on the Rune bandwagon! I had already voted that day! How could I get on a bandwagon when I had already decided? (Also, if you'll go back to the post in which I voted, I also explained why I had to make such an early vote.)

3. (to Holbytlass) Yes, I voted for THE Ka and then started defending her the next day. That's because I was impressed with her reaction to my vote. She knows she's innocent; therefore she didn't feel the need to vote against Rune and therefore try to "save" another wolf. Her vote was so early that it couldn't possibly have been considered bandwagoning.

4. (to wilwarin) YesterDAY you were totally convinced of my innocence, and toDAY, based on one post from Holbytlass, you totally change your mind? Hear me out at least.

5. (to Eonwe) I'm sorry, I just don't understand. Why would a known wolf casting the first vote for me make me look worse?

6. (to THE Ka) But the only reason I could even hold my non-voter-is-a-wolf theory as a non-voter myself, is that I KNOW I'm innocent and therefore have nothing to hide by using a theory that seemingly casts suspicion on myself.

7. (to Holbytlass) You "saw so much on tar-ancalime?" Come on, most of it was from you!

8. (to Eonwe) "or you can be lynched today and we can lynch tar tomarrow, after im dead." No, actually it's too late for that.

9. (to Eonwe) "again, lets not spread the votes out to much." How many of us do you think there are? Six people have already voted, three of them for me, three of them for three different others. It's a little late to be giving this kind of counsel, don't you think?

I will be watching from...wherever it is crones go when we die...to see the result of the Seer debate. It's a shame neither of them claims to have dreamed of me--it would be cleared up immediately upon my death. Actually it's rather convenient, isn't it, that both of them claim to have dreamed entirely or almost entirely of dead people? I wouldn't be too sure that either of them is the Seer. They could both be wolves.

Villagers, be careful tomorrow. After my lynching and the wolf attack that is sure to come in the night, you will be three and there will STILL be two wolves.

You have made the wrong choice, and I suggest you look closely at my accusers in the morning.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:02 PM   #185
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
time!!!!
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:42 PM   #186
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
The Story of Tar-Ancalime, the first Ruling Queen

One day, Malkatoj said, "Tar-Ancalime dear,
I must go out and leave you here.
But mind now, Tari, what I say,
Don't live with werewolves and villagers while I'm away.
The great evil wolves always come
To little girls that play with them.
And ere they dream what they're about
They take their great long claws out
And cuts their thumbs clean off, - and then
You know, they never grow again."
Malka had scarcely turn'd her back,
The chick had moved, alack! alack!

The village voted and in they ran,
To attack the guilty, their newest sovereign
Oh! children, see! the village chose
And caught an innocent, woe of woes!

The torturous punishment began
Scissors were decided to be the newest plan.
Snip! Snap! Snip! the scissors go;
And Tar Ancalime cries out - Oh! Oh! Oh!
Snip! Snap! Snip! They go so fast;
Then both her thumbs are off at last.
Malka's ghost comes home; there Ancalime's body lands,
And looks quite sad, and shows her hands;-
"Ah!" said Malka "I knew they'd come
To those who live with paranoid chums!"

ALIVE:
Wilwarin538, f. that crazy girl who wants to be a butterfly
WaynetheGoblin. Scientist.
Sleepy Ranger. Explorer from out of town who gets stuck in Lower Tadfield.
Eonwe. Friendly undertaker.
Holbytlass, f. tanner.
THE Ka. Ophelious Philosopher.

DEAD:
Malkatoj (mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1
AbercrombieOfRohan (backup mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1
Glirdan (ordinary) Shot with a 24-carat gold bullet on DAY one.
Márcolië Lamen (Shelob/Mytho) Vanished from ever having existed in Lower Tadfield on DAY one.
Gurthang (ordinary) Mauled by werewolves on NIGHT two.
Rune Son of Bjarne (wolf) Blasted to shreds by a Tactical Cheese Nuke, DAY two.
Kitanna (ranger) Killed...eaten? by wolves, NIGHT three.
Bergil (ordinary) shot with 13 mirror-shard-coated black cats that screamed MACBETH while having ladders dropped on his head on DAY three.
Sotty (hunter) Eaten by Wolves on NIGHT four.
Hiriel (ordinary) Eaten by Sotty on NIGHT four.
Tar-Ancalime (ordinary) Cut with scissors by an angry lynch mob on DAY four.

Wolves PM and Seer PM.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:39 PM   #187
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Dark-Eye

Okay, early (and short) death due to my brother needing the computer.

The wolves chose their kill for the night. As they approached his house, they noticed that he was sitting outside on a porch waiting for them. They checked to see if they had all the necessary materials--wood and matches, to be specific. The two wolves approached Eonwe slowly. When they got there, he told them angrily, "You're late. I should have been aflame five minutes ago. Now hurry on, tie me up, don't take too long."

The wolves stood there stunned for a few moments and followed Eonwe to the exact place where they had planned on burning him. He stood there patiently waiting for them to light him on fire. When the finally did, the gunpowder and bits of broken glass he had stored inside his clothing caught on fire. Eonwe exploded, very nearly taking the wolves with him.

ALIVE:
Wilwarin538, f. that crazy girl who wants to be a butterfly
WaynetheGoblin. Scientist.
Sleepy Ranger. Explorer from out of town who gets stuck in Lower Tadfield.
Holbytlass, f. tanner.
THE Ka. Ophelious Philosopher.

DEAD:
Malkatoj (mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1
AbercrombieOfRohan (backup mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1
Glirdan (ordinary) Shot with a 24-carat gold bullet on DAY one.
Márcolië Lamen (Shelob/Mytho) Vanished from ever having existed in Lower Tadfield on DAY one.
Gurthang (ordinary) Mauled by werewolves on NIGHT two.
Rune Son of Bjarne (wolf) Blasted to shreds by a Tactical Cheese Nuke, DAY two.
Kitanna (ranger) Killed...eaten? by wolves, NIGHT three.
Bergil (ordinary) shot with 13 mirror-shard-coated black cats that screamed MACBETH while having ladders dropped on his head on DAY three.
Sotty (hunter) Eaten by Wolves on NIGHT four.
Hiriel (ordinary) Eaten by Sotty on NIGHT four.
Tar-Ancalime (ordinary) Cut with scissors by an angry lynch mob on DAY four.
Eonwe (seer) exploded by wolves (and self) on NIGHT five,

Vote by 9 GMT-5 tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:18 PM   #188
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Vote

Well its been fun.

Fellow wolf you know what to do.

And so do I:

++wilwarin538

The lupins shall be victorious!

Last edited by wilwarin538; 10-26-2005 at 04:51 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #189
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh pooh bear!

I know not much about these rules, but I am in suspicion of guessing that I do believe we villagers have lost, despite our appealing mortal envelopes...

Either that or these darn wolves have my philosophical brain tongue-tied and stitched up with glossy pink thread.

Whatever may be, it's been a bella time with you all, but I think I'm going to exit with my hoop skirts and statue of Hegel before these wolves try to sell them off for a hitched price to the local animal life...

~ Ka
Old 10-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #190
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Ka I only said"Its been fun" cause everyone knows what I am, and would be stupid to not lynch me today.

The game is far from over.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:08 PM   #191
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
Ka I only said"Its been fun" cause everyone knows what I am, and would be stupid to not lynch me today.

The game is far from over.

Really, over you say? Well, I will be taking your message in accordance with the fact that I know who the other wolf is. One night in this lovely village, a flea, or more specifically, a band of five fleas came together and settled upon a fur most trivial. When they jumped off their rather confusing ride, one happend to land on my pillow and told me some things...

In other news, I must gather evidence, and pack some things....

~ Ka
Old 10-25-2005, 08:51 PM   #192
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

...Vote

Ehk... I hate to double-post, but I am going to have to leave soon so I better post this now...

Through much speculation and finally harsh reason, I have come to conclude that I possibly based on hard reasoning skills that one besides Wilwarin is a wolf.

I know I shall be voting, again, for the same reasons as the before vote, but they leave me no choice:

++WaynetheGoblin

Yes, they did vote yesterday, but they did not post any speculation posts or anything related to that over the past days. Also, the timing of their posts brings me into speculation as well.

If I am wrong, well, theories are cast as easily as a wolf snaps it's jaws.

Sincerely,

Ka
Old 10-25-2005, 09:36 PM   #193
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
++WaynetheGoblin
What?! How come you didn't vote Wilwarin?! She and the other wolf killed the seer, thereby proving Wilwarin is a wolf.
BTW, I'm actually surprised. I figured I was going to be killed since the seer/fake seer both agreed on my innocence, wouldn't want a known innocent hanging about. oh well.

++WILWARIN
Old 10-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #194
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wilwarin538 (wolf)
Holbytlass(ordo)

WaynetheGoblin
Sleepy Ranger
THE Ka

One wolf out of the last 3, I assume I'll probably get it tonight unless the wolf plan is so devious as to make me choose between a wolf and an innocent next DAY. Sorry for the mindless prattle, I'm thrown for a loop that I'm still alive. I'm going to sleep......
Old 10-26-2005, 05:30 AM   #195
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Vote

Its kinda obvious who to kill today.

++Wilwarin538

As for who the last wolf is I assume Wayne would be a safe bet but we can't be sure. The last day will be tricky I think and will depend on who the wolf chooses to kill. If only the Seer had dreamed of Wayne, perhaps then things would have been better for us. But at the moment I assume that Wayne is the last wolf. Lets see what works out...
Old 10-26-2005, 06:31 AM   #196
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

vote

Well looks like my own sister was a wolf

++wilwarin538

Today we killed a wolf.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:35 AM   #197
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Im innocent im an ordanary villager. I didnt want to say that but I had to proof I was inoccent. Tommorow we shold kill ka she is the only one that didnt vote for wilwa.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:01 PM   #198
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Day 1
Wilwarin-->Tar-Ancalime (tar-1)
Holby-->Glirdan (tar-1, glir-1)
SleepyRanger-->Glirdan (tar-1, glir-2)
Sotty-->Tar-ancalime (tar-2, glir-2)
Kittanna-->Sleepy Ranger (tar-2, glir-2, sleep-1)
Eonwe-->Wilwarin (tar-2, glir-2, sleep-1, wil-1)
Gurthang-->Marcolie (tar-2, glir-2 sleep-1, wil-1, marc-1)
Bergil-->Marcolie (tar-2, glir-2, sleep-1, wil-1, marc-2)
Wayne-->Marcolie (doesn't count)
Marcolie-->Glirdan (tar-2, glir-3, sleep-1, wil-1, marc-2)
Rune-->Marcolie (tar-2, glir-3, sleep-1, wil-1, marc-3)

no vote: Glirdan, Tar-ancolime, Hiriel, The Ka

Day 2
tar-ancalime: THE Ka (THE Ka, 1)
Kitanna: Rune (THE Ka, 1; Rune, 1)
THE Ka: Rune (Rune,2; THE Ka, 1)
Sleepy Ranger: Rune (Rune, 3; THE Ka, 1)
Wilwarin: Rune (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1)
Bergil: Wayne (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1)
Hiriel: tar-ancalime (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1)
sotty: Hiriel (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1; Hiriel, 1)
Holbytlass: Sleepy Ranger (Rune, 4; THE Ka, 1; Wayne, 1; tar-ancalime, 1; Hiriel, 1; Sleepy Ranger, 1)
Eonwe: Kitanna (Rune, 4; Kitanna, 1; five others, 1 each)
Rune: Kitanna (Rune, 4; Kitanna, 2; five others, 1 each)

no vote Wayne

Day 3
Wilwarin-->Wayne (Wayne-1)
Sleepy Ranger-->Bergil (Wayne-1, Bergil-1)
WaynetheGoblin-->Bergil (Wayne-1, Bergil-2)
Eonwe-->Bergil (Wayne-1, Bergil-3)
Bergil-->Wayne (Wayne-2, Bergil-3)
Holby-->Sleepy Ranger (Wayne-2, Bergil-3, Sleepy-1)
Sotty-->Bergil (Wayne-2, Bergil-4, Sleepy-1)
The Ka-->Wayne (Wayne-3, Bergil-4, Sleepy-1)
Tar-ancolime-->Eonwe(Wayne-3, Bergil-4, Sleepy-1, Eonwe-1)

No Vote: Hiriel

Day 4
Wilwarin-->Tar-ancalime (Tar-1)
Eonwe-->Tar-ancalime (Tar-2)
Sleepy ranger-->Eonwe (Tar-2, Eonwe-1)
Holbytlass-->Tar-ancalime (Tar-3, Eonwe-1)
WaynetheGoblin-->Wilwarin (Tar-3, Eonwe-1, Wilwarin-1)
The Ka-Wayne (Tar-3, Eonwe-1, Wilwarin-1, Wayne-1)

no vote: Tar-ancalime

Day 5
Wilwarin-->Wilwarin
The Ka-->Wayne
Holbytlass-->Wilwarin
Sleepy Ranger-->Wilwarin
Wayne-->Wilwarin

Last edited by Holbytlass; 10-26-2005 at 01:07 PM. Reason: putting in day 5
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:36 PM   #199
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wayne:
1st vote: didn't count
2nd vote: none
3rd vote: Bergil (2nd to vote for him)
4th vote: Wilwarin
5th vote: Wilwarin (wolf)
Very wolfish for lack of votes, voting for Wilwarin (and she for him Day3) when it was safe to do so.

The Ka:
1st vote: none
2nd vote: Rune (2nd for him)
3rd vote: Wayne
4th vote: Wayne
5th : Wayne

could be seen as wolfish for the none vote, 2nd place banding for Rune (since he was a wolf, doubt a fellow wolf would be 2nd vote), voting but staying out of the loop by sticking with Wayne, never the "suspect of the day".

Sleepy Ranger:
1st vote: Glirdan (2nd for him)
2nd vote:Rune (3rd for him)
3rd vote: Bergil (1st for him)
4th vote: Eonwe
5th vote: Wilwarin (wolf)

could be seen as wolfish for his banding votes first 2 days but switches gears, makes it a point not to appear bandwaggoning.

Of course, only one's a wolf.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:49 PM   #200
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Of course, only one's a wolf.
Indeed and Wayne is the only one that has made no effort to counter any evidence raised against him. Chew on that for a while.