The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2006, 10:05 AM   #441
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I'm too confused about everything to name any suspects except Eomer and Alacrillo (< especially that one) who have nearly all the village after them.
You are so flip floppy, Lommy, I can scarce believe it.

Quote:
Oh, and that Fea-theory of Eomer's - I think it's only a poor attempt to give the village another EW candidate to think about.... A bit more sound cases would be welcome, though, as I'm not sure about Eomer's guilty, though he seems suspicious.
He’d be more suspicious if he hadn’t posted it.

Quote:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is possibly the worst theory you will hear all day.
I quite agree, the alliteration stuff was better. Seriously, I noted Fea’s odd apologetic behaviour on Day 1 as well, I suppose it just slipped to the back of my mind. But as you could see, I had this hunch Fea might be more than she appears from the start of this game. I am not convinced, though. After all, it is just a hunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Who was it that said I didn't seem entirely committed to this? Was that you Cailin? If it's any help I am committed, I just find it hard to keep up!
It was me. You misread my words (or I mistyped them). I meant not that you were not a committed villager, I just do not think you’d commit so much time to being a wizard. I might be wrong, however.

I disagree with you on one particular point, however. Thanks to Spawn’s later posts, I personally think Celuien more likely to be a wolf than Alcarillo and that has none to do with relations. Nice little detail with regards to Nilp's behaviour.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #442
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
A Response

Okay... my straight-forward response. All quotes by Aimč.

Quote:
But all she was doing is advocating killing those shady characters whom the village never trusts.
It is common knowledge that I'm a shady character whom the village never trusts. While I don't want to die, I won't refrain from putting forth ideas or plans, even if they might lead to my death. I don't want anybody taken for granted. I want the village to win. If that means killing me, I'll be a martyr, but I'm not going to keep thoughts to myself for self-preservation. That's a wolvish tactic that I've never been good at.

Quote:
She's very vocal, taking it upon herself to find the EW.
Of course I am. S/he's the most dangerous entity in this village. If we can find him and kill him early, we stand a far better chance of winning. Who wouldn't take it upon him or herself to do this?

Quote:
No way could they be students with exams (because students are sooooo busy ).
I haven't got exams, ergo this is not a way of vindicating myself. I'm two weeks short of the end of a convoluted half-semester. I don't have finals. I have a creative writing portfolio to create and a book to write and put together. I'm busy, certainly, but it has nothing to do with tests.

Quote:
And in that same post, the strangest one of all: She states, out of nowhere, that The Phantom is not the EW.
That's just logic. He likes to live long enough to have fun. He's also extremely well known. How many people, if they were the Seer, would dream of him first? *looks at all of the raised hands* Yeah. That's what I thought. He's brash, but he's not stupid. He'd never survive long enough to make it worth it.

Quote:
#282 Again brings up that she hasn't the time, although she'd love to be the Wizard.
You said it yourself. I'd have relished the job. But I don't have time and I'm as well known as the phantom. Lorebooks say that the last game my ancestor was in had her dreamt of first night and killed forthwith. I tend to like living long enough to have some fun.

Quote:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is possibly the worst theory you will hear all day.
Yeah, but it was cute.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #443
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
First line of business,

*whacks Jenny with battledore*

That's for implying I cluttered the village with half baked theories.

Anyway, as I said last night, after reviewing Day 1 I'm not quite as impressed as I was at first with my theories about the wolves knowing each other, having a specific agenda, and the importance of mentions to the contrary -- but as it was my "big idea" and I never have any of those usually, I pursued it with gusto.

The problem with not being overly impressed with the results of deeper digging, is that it hasn't given me anyone I particularly want to vote for. So, who don't I want to vote for:

Eomer -- I didn't really fall in line with Morm's theory, though I can see how it would work, and Eomer's posts make me think it less likely. Maybe it's the big blue eyes. I dunno.

Alcarillo -- I don't find in character posting to be all that suspicious.

Celuien -- One of my theories makes her look very bad, but it's the same one that makes me look downright terrible, so I don't think I should be condeming her for it. In other words, if I'm innocent probably she is too.

There are a lot of people I don't feel strongly about one way or the other, so I don't want to vote for them for that reason.

People I might vote for:

Fea -- Interesting Wizard theory Eomer has, but... I'm not sure. On the other hand, Fea was also the only person who agreed with me about Roa possibly being a friend. While I appreciated the support, I can almost see a wizardly Fea jumping on a chance to make someone else look wizardly. Though she said the friend-thing didn't necessarily point to wizardliness, she was the only person in the entire bleedin' village who even agreed with me a little and somehow, I find that odd. If I was making any sense, a lot more people should have agreed, instead of everyone but one person thinking I was wasting space. She also voted for the two people who were saying the worst things about Nogrod -- Loki and Roa. Cailín thinks she looks very innocent but I have to disagree.

Right now, and I'm really sorry to say this, the worst looking person in my view is Azaelia. Eager to jump on the Loki bandwaggon, the Nogrod bandwaggon, the Eomer bandwaggon, and the Alcarillo bandwaggon. While I may not find lots of in character posts suspicious, per se (with Nogrod, it was also so blindingly out of character) I do find excessive bandwaggoning to be highly suspicious.

X-Posted with a bunch o' people.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #444
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
typing as I read along

Quote:
Celuien=
I know that things look a might odd for me. I defended my girl on the first day and was hesitant to vote for Nogrod. With a record of defending what turned out to be two wolves, I must look like the evil wizard.

I wonder. Was there anyone else who defended them? Assuming that Naria was not a newly changed wolf (and being quiet, I'd assume she was one of the original wolves), someone who defended both over the first two days could be the EW. Only the EW knew that they were both wolves, after all. Something for me to look into.
See the problem with that is the EW probably didn't defend both (or maybe even one) of the wolves. You say your defending two known wolves makes you look suspicious, but you put out that we should search for others that did the same thing. That's just inviting trouble for yourself.
Assuming Naria and Nogrod were both wolves from the start I doubt the EW mentioned both together in the same post (as possible wolves or innocents). But if we assume one of them was changed into a wolf on the second night we should look at villagers who defended one on one day and defended the other the other day. Which also seems to point in Celuien's direction.
I'm leaning toward the innocence of Celuien, maybe because she's my dear old mom, or maybe because she put in the first post today throwing suspicions her way early, that seems like a pretty risky move for EW Celuien. We shall see how this day goes.
Quote:
Firefoot=
I went back and did my own research on Eomer, and I found that Morm was right: Eomer seems alarmingly obsessed with the EW
With most other villagers I would say it is far too reckless to always make statements about what "I would do if I were the guilty party", but in the case of Eomer it is too dangerous too ignore. He has a terrible history of bluffing his way out of trouble.
Quote:
Morm=
Eomer is a brazen character and wouldn't shirk at the thought of killing off his wolves, looking at the vote for Nogrod indicates he did just that.

Firefoot=
Well, if he was the EW, of course he wouldn't be eager to see Nogrod die. But I know from my lorebooks that Eomer is not at all averse to dispensing with his own comrades to make himself look better - and he would certainly be able to afford it, in a game like this, always making new minions.
Knowing he can always make new wolves and using the fact he helped in ridding us of Nogrod, Eomer will try to warm us over with the logic "I helped cast a deciding vote for Nogrod at a pivotal time in the voting process, how could I be the EW?" I've seen this logic from him before and if he really is the EW, no doubt he will be trying it again.

I can see Eomer as the EW and all that Morm has said makes me suspect him even more, but I'm not completely convinced yet. When I see Eomer's reaction today I'm sure my mind will be clearer on the matter.
In any case I feel Morm is most likely an innocent. Just a feeling though.
Quote:
Zali=
Oddwen looked pretty suspicious to me yesterday as well, but after Naria's attempt to shift things her direction, I believe she is innocent.
Mmm interesting, but I don't think it completely clears Oddwen. If Oddwen is a wolf Naria wouldn't really know, so she could have picked someone who had already gained suspicions and just tried to put everyone's attention on them. I look forward to whatever Oddwen has to say today.

To be continued...
Old 05-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #445
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
She also voted for the two people who were saying the worst things about Nogrod -- Loki and Roa.
That's because I didn't like (still don't like) Roa's die-hard defense of Loki. She denied being "the friend" so unless she's the flippin Seer and knew that Loki was innocent and Nogrod wasn't, I can't see any semblance of intelligence of putting herself on the line to fight tooth and nail for or against anybody in situations such as these. And since I'm not of the opinion that she is a Seer (must check on tallies of gifteds to see if there even was one...), that means I'm not comfortable with her continued existance.

Gah... you people. THIS is why I never get real meals. I'm leaving. I need lunch. *pries self away*

Edit: crossed with Kit
Old 05-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #446
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Alright, I've got to go, I've got someone yapping at me and I can't whack her with my virtual battledores, so this'll be over and out for me toDay:

+ + Azaelia

I must be the worst mother ever. But Azaelia, of everyone who looks suspicious, looks the most suspicious.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 AM   #447
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
You are so flip floppy, Lommy, I can scarce believe it.
Excuse me, Cailín, but would you care to explain? I think you speak of my statements about Eomer... I don't think saying he's a suspect and he's suspicious though I'm not sure of his guilty are in contradiction (sp?, anyway, you got my meaning probably).

I admit Zali acts suspiciously, but I wouldn't like to believe she'd be that careless as a wolf. Honestly, I wouldn't like to question her intelligence. (Sorry, Zali, if you're furry... )
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #448
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Diamond=
The most suspicious looking perseon right now, I would say, would be Diamond. That's me. (Duh.) I got on Loki's case early and voted for him first. Celuien seems to be a more subtle Loki-attacker, however, which makes me look askance at her. (Especially since I know I'm innocent, so whoever looks second-worse than me is first in my view.)
Ok Diamond and Celuien have both mentioned that they are going to look suspcious today. Celuien because she defended Naria and Nogrod, proven wolves. Diamond because she went after Loki pretty early, just like Nogrod. The two are a little suspicious, but I don't find them overly so. They know where they stand and they know the danger they could be in, so they call attention to it first, which is risky and which makes them appear more innocent to me. However, I've fallen for the bluff/double-bluff before which is why I'm keeping those two on my radar.
Quote:
Celuien=
Then it occured to me that I might look decidedly EW like, so I thought I'd answer it off the bat(tledore) to avoid a pointless argument over if I were or not.
Ok, perhaps I have misjudged (and all in one post, classy of me). I still defend Celuien's coming out early to defend herself because she probably would have fallen under attack to day. But the fact she would deem villager's looking at her as a "pointless argument" is unsettling.
Quote:
Eomer=
Mormegil, I'm trying to think like the EW in order to guess who he/she picked as wolves. Because, in the early going at least, there's no solid logic to work with. It's mostly guesswork. That's why I consider what would be good EW picks and go from there.
I expected no other response from you in your defense.
Quote:
Lalaith=
2. Call me stubborn but I still don't think Loki was the changed wolf. I can see why the EW would pick him but not the GW.
Unless the wizards think alike. Which is possible, trying to anticipate the other's moves and motives.
Quote:
Diamond=
Celuien -- One of my theories makes her look very bad, but it's the same one that makes me look downright terrible, so I don't think I should be condeming her for it. In other words, if I'm innocent probably she is too.
...So you're not going with the theory that you seemed so confident of before because if you're innocent, your runner up must be innocent too? Suddenly I regret my defense of you and Celuien.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #449
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow that was just crazy!!!! I had time before I went to bed last night to read the death and I was up all night thinking about it....So we now know that Nogrod and Naria as well as perhaps Loki were wolves...Now I got to thinking...who would pick these people for there team? I think we need to focus on killing the EW and soon!! So my list of EW suspects goes as follows...

Diamond18
Roa_Aoife
Sleepy Ranger
Kath

Now I still have to read through all the post that have been made so far today, but I will be around for the rest of the day. so I will be back with somemore stuff on these suspects......Expecially Kath and Roa.....They would make good EW's and would more than likely pick the two N's for wolves....
Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #450
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Lal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I'm a little curious as to why the GW chose a hunter before a ranger
As to that, Firefoot, I'm wondering whether the GW had got some werewolf sniffs and so created a Hunter that he knew was likely to die soon at the hands of the wolves.
Yes, good job GW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer, on Spawn
The wolves will kill her, I am afraid.
Which would be more incriminatory to him, if he's right or if he's wrong?

Some questions that got asked that I was unable to answer yestreDay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn
Oddwen was the one to give the second vote for Lalaith because some hunches she had and because of relationship issues. She also said that she's voting for Lalaith because of something I said. I would have appreciated if Oddwen could have given a reason to her vote, but to me it looks that she decided to go with some ready theory without giving her own thoughts at all.
Forgive me, I was late for work and didn't have time to elaborate. Lalaith was the only one I had really 'noticed', and what Spawn posted in the post directly before my first post pretty much summed it up. (My first post of the day was x-posted with that post and Nogrod, I didn't see it 'til I came back.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
Basically because she absolutely refused to vote yesterDay. It wasn't like there was a RL excuse, she just didn't feel like voting(must be nice to have that luxury)!
(Not that I have to answer to *you*, you filthy lycanthrope ) I did as Zali should have perhaps done today, I couldn't see anyone who was suspicious enough to garner a vote, so I didn't vote. Since non-voting & non-participation aren't going to be enforced until we get rid of the Wizards, I didn't want to risk miscasting a vote on someone who was probably innocent.

Quote:
The question is, did anyone else make similar posts talking up the importance of the Wolves not knowing each other?
Quote:
I can answer that: I did and I think Oddwen might have mentioned it as well.
Yep, I did.

Right now I'm looking at Celuien and Firefoot. I hope to get back on before toDay's end.

Last edited by Oddwen; 05-17-2006 at 11:10 AM. Reason: x-posted with Kitanna & whoever was next
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #451
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Interesting theory Eomer. I wouldn't call it the worst toDay, but... well I'm not sure what to think of it. You make good points, but at the same time I can see where an ordinary Fea would do those same things. So, for now, I won't be voting for her.

I really wish Lhuna was around. I'm starting to worry about her. Likewise with Sleepy; I don't think he's been on toDay.

So, I think I'm doing this the wrong way. I keep coming up with people who I don't want to vote for, but that doesn't do me much good as far as who I will vote for. But, mostly for my own sake:

Won't vote for: morm, Eomer, Fea, or spawn.

People I'm more wary/suspicious of: Celuien, Azaelia, and Diamond. I think I'll look over their posts, and maybe a few others.

But at this moment, I think I'll join Fea for a bite to eat.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #452
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I have been reading and the same thing keeps coming to mind.....In my lorebooks I have always known Roa's ancestors to argue with Nogrod's, but after another reading through, I find that she has been going over board in their squabble....I believe this would be a good move for the EW Get one of your already suspisious wolves killed and it makes you look more innocent.....Not to me!!!! I find this VERY odd and again I believe Roa-Aoife would pick Naria and Nogrod as her Baddies, so I would love some more analysis stuff on Roa and perhaps I can pick up something more on her.....
Old 05-17-2006, 11:31 AM   #453
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Honestly, I kind of like Eomer's crazy theory. Yes, it's happenstance and circumstance, but not entirely unlikely...as I recall my lorebooks tell of an ancestor of Fea's who, being wolvish, cheerfully told the village so, and an innocent ancestor of mine firmly believed that must mean she was joking and was innocent.

Fea has cheerfully told the village she's the Evil Wizard. The question is, is she joking? Must ponder...
Old 05-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #454
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Since I have a minute before heading out the door (er, ten minutes to be exact) this caught my eye,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
...So you're not going with the theory that you seemed so confident of before because if you're innocent, your runner up must be innocent too? Suddenly I regret my defense of you and Celuien.
How have I come across as confident? I had an idea which I thought had some worth, so I devoted my mindset to it. I went to the trouble of looking over old posts to see if they backed me up, and I came up with a lot of possibilities but nothing really stupendous. I'm rather disappointed, if anything.

Celuien I have not found especially guilty looking over the last couple days, and her posting this morning (which I said I was going to watch closely) hasn't done anything to make me go "aha!" Ergo, I didn't want to vote for her because the only really suspicious thing I could find about her was when I looked at her through the lenses of my wacky theories.

I had another thought whilst in the shower (can't very go off to the battledore shop smelly, eh?) -- that since Nogrod and I did a bit of talking about not voting for family on Day 1, I wonder if the Evil Wizard thought to use that to ensure a bit of safety for two of his wolves (besides Loki.) Which only ups my suspicion of my dear darling Azaelia.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #455
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Fea has cheerfully told the village she's the Evil Wizard. The question is, is she joking? Must ponder...
Wait... I said that? Where?

I know that I promised a more in depth post with all conclusions based on analyzation thus far, but something's just come up and I'm uncertain as to whether or not I'll be able to do it. If I can't get it all done and posted before the end of the day, be sure it will be my first post "tomorrow." Sorry 'bout that... blasted real life interrupting at inopportune moments...
Old 05-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #456
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
You're weaving yet another odd tale, Roa,"
I know this is in the Narration, but I find this extremely odd as well......Weaving TALES are we? You know....this sounds like Roa's making alot of bluffing stories....I know we shouldn't use this, but where does it say that there isn't a shred of truth in the deaths?
Old 05-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #457
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Wait... I said that? Where?[
http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=230
Old 05-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #458
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Well, that took a long time to get through

I must admit that further consideration, along with the points people have made in my absence, have changed my mind about my major suspects. I don't really know what to think about Eomer. As for Lommy, her posts toDay seemed calm and considering.

I don't see Alcarillo or Fea as that wolvish-looking. They've both come under fire for some in-character posting, and I just don't suspect them for that. So they're not on my suspect list for toDay.

So, current suspects... It's already been pointed out that Zali was rather eager to jump on the Eomer bandwagon, though that may just have been bad timing, since she had to vote early.

Diamond's posts, despite what she may say, have seemed overly-confident in her theories. She's backed off about them now, though.

My lorebooks only tell of Roa as a wolf, so I don't have much to go by as to her ordinary-villager behavior. But her vehement attack against Nogrod yesterDay could very well have been an EW bluff.

Those three are my suspects right now, though I really must go back over toDay's posts. Some of them I only had time to skim so far...
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #459
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Jenny... there's a reason I used a smiley! D'ya think he actually thought I was EW? Remember why I said he wasn't? Because he's not stupid. I'd like to think that I'm equally intelligent, thank you. Teasing was simply teasing.

"Fea's evil." "Yes, dear, of course I am. Now let's be serious, shall we?"

The reason I came back to the village (read: my computer): whether I can get a lengthy post up or not, I'll be back to vote before the day ends.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #460
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa

Not only that, but people seem to have missed one ibvious factor of the EW's choices. The EW would want to pick people who wouldn't be likely choicces of the GW. This way, he/she/it keeps the werewolf count high, and avoids being discovered longer. For these reasons, I think Loki's claim is a likely one.

I found this as well and it seems to have been true....I think Nogrod and Naria would have been bad picks for the GW, hence good picks for the EW. Also Loki could be in this list as well... Sounds Fishy to me that Roa's "plan" came true...Could just be a coincedence, but I doubt it...

Last edited by Valier; 05-17-2006 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Crossposted with Eomer
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #461
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Precisely Gurthang! That's what made me hesitate to post the theory, because Fea might do all that stuff anyway. She does come across as a bit.....well, a bit much, if you'll follow me. Plus, if I may take the chance to use a line they always use against me: "We're gonna lynch her anyway, might as well do it now!"

(That wasn't serious, by the way.)

Oh, Kit. That hurts me. Is it because I said you'd make an ace EW pick? I'll forgive you: SPM and Naria's doom must still be hurting you.

Diamond's thoughts on Azaelia are interesting. I will go to scour these words...
Old 05-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #462
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Catching up after a meeting and I'm on post 443 and I have a couple of things to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
Alcarillo -- I don't find in character posting to be all that suspicious
But when it's really the only thing you've done it looks a lot more suspcious in my mind.

Regarding Eomer's theory it appears to be more or less what I said about him doesn't it. In essence he thinks Fea might be because she's spoken about the EW a lot. I don't think it's convincing but it's worth considering. I pride myself on being able to assess Fea well enough and I think her likely innocent currently.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #463
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I was first alerted to Fea's behaviour by her constant 'sighs' that she will get herself killed. It's there in posts #79, #83 and #87. "Oh, this strategy will get me killed!" But all she was doing is advocating killing those shady characters whom the village never trusts. Hardly an outrageous suggestion. It struck me as trying too hard to stay alive.
That was something that seemed strange to me, too. I've been thinking that Fea could possibly be the EW, and I will certainly keep looking for EWish signs in her posting.

Valier, the fact that Roa's and Nogrod's ancestors have had a quarrelsome history made me wonder, too, if Roa's attack on Nogrod was meant to be just a clever cover, but I really don't think we should look for evidence in the narrations.

Thus far the votes are:

Zali -> Eomer
Nilp -> Zali
Celuien -> Alcarillo
Diamond -> Zali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
spawn is doomed
You're always so cheery, my dear boy.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #464
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Morm, I must disagree. Your case against me was pretty much that I was pulling off this tremendous bluff. My case against Fea concerned her odd behaviour and ideas.

Anyway, Valier: could you explain why Nogrod and Naria would have been bad picks for the GW? I'm not sure I get it.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #465
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

According to my lorebooks Eomer, both Naria and Nogrod's ancestors were always highly suspected in the early days and most of the time found to be baddies or Goodies, so the GW would stay away from people they know will get killed early on, but the EW would think the other way...since these two get suspected as evil most of the time, they (EW) would hope they would get dismissed on these points this game....I hope this makes sense.. My ansestors in the Lore books have always made strange connections like this and they mostly work out and as I attempted to sleep last night (RL) I made these connections. After I learned that Naria was infact a wolf as was Nogrod, my brain came up with connections between Roa, Diamond, Kath or Sleepy as the EW and after I read through their posts, I begain to see odd things as I have posted above.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #466
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I know this is in the Narration, but I find this extremely odd as well......Weaving TALES are we? You know....this sounds like Roa's making alot of bluffing stories....I know we shouldn't use this, but where does it say that there isn't a shred of truth in the deaths?
I'll stop here and comment again.

Valier whatever we think of Roa it's not fair to include a quote from the narration into our discussion. LMP wouldn't give away any hints about the status of anybody so please do not use this as any evidence.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:32 PM   #467
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok, Ok I won't use the narration against her....I know LMP is not daft, but where does it say that we may not use the narration? I found other odd things by Roa besides the narration though.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #468
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Morm, I must disagree. Your case against me was pretty much that I was pulling off this tremendous bluff. My case against Fea concerned her odd behaviour and ideas.
The way I see it Eomer is that we are both saying "Here's a character that is acting in such a way that they could be the EW if said person behaves in a particular way." Both people we theorized about behave the way necissary to meet those conditions however, that is normal behavior for those individuals therefore it might go either way. I'm not saying there isn't merit to your arguement but like mine it's rather contingent and a bit circumstantial.

PS sorry for making so many short post in a short amount of time but that's the way it's had to be today playing catch up.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #469
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Ok, Ok I won't use the narration against her....I know LMP is not daft,
Good!

Quote:
but where does it say that we may not use the narration?
YOU MAY NOT USE THE NARRATION FOR EVIDENCE!!!!

It says it right here

Quote:
I found other odd things by Roa besides the narration though.
Great than use those not the narration it is unfair to those who you are attempting to incriminate and unfair to restrict LMP from writting what he desires to write as to avoid suspicion being cast upon that person.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:43 PM   #470
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm

Great than use those not the narration it is unfair to those who you are attempting to incriminate and unfair to restrict LMP from writting what he desires to write as to avoid suspicion being cast upon that person.
Agreed!
Old 05-17-2006, 12:46 PM   #471
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Oh, Kit. That hurts me. Is it because I said you'd make an ace EW pick? I'll forgive you: SPM and Naria's doom must still be hurting you.
What links Saucie and Naria in your mind, master Eomer? Please elaborate.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #472
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
What links Saucie and Naria in your mind, master Eomer? Please elaborate.
I may be at a loss for actual theories right now, but at least I can explain this one. SPM was Kitanna's father, and Naria was his sister.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM   #473
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I was so engrossed in the game, I'd forgotten those blasted family trees. Thanks, Caran.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #474
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Oops, I meant "her sister"; Naria was Kitanna's sister.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #475
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Time for me to vote.

I was debating with myself whether I should vote for Celuien or Zali since both of the ladies look rather suspicious to me. Still, Zali's behaviour with all the apologies etc. makes me suspect her a tad more, so here goes.

++Azaelia

Good Night!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #476
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It's my time to go also.

++Eomer

I see that we're going to have three lynching candidates (Alc, Zali, Eomer) and of those I don't suspect Zali and as if Eomer's a baddie he's probably the EW, but if Alc is a baddie he's probably just a wolf, so I think Eomer is more dangerous.

I think we should be concentrating on possible EWs by now.

Good night.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #477
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I just noticed, but on POST #267 on pg.7 The Phantom put an arrow in his post, was he the Hunter by then? and if so this is perfect for Roa, she would see this and kill him not thinking he would pick Naria to kill....wait did he pick her? She also wouldn't fret knowing she could make another wolf even if he did pick one to bring with him.....Hmmmmmm weird indeed!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #478
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Also does anyone think NO TIME NOW in the Phantom's post could be an anagram? I don't know why he would put one in there, but you never know....and I have no idea how to solve those darn things!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #479
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quick glance at Celuien, Zali, and Diamond.

Diamond:

#13 - Says she won't vote family Day 1, but later on will if necessary. This was followed by a list of everyone; most of them being 'accused'. She did say Nogrod would be evil and that Naria was inhuman, but I wouldn't give that a lot of weight, since she said the same about most of us.

#14 - Pokes at Loki and warns him about overreacting.

#25 - Defends Nogrod against Loki's rebutal. Again warns Loki about sportmanship.

#27 - Says post about everybody (#13) was just for prediction sake and hopes they don't come true. Talks to Alcarillo about children.

#28 - Gives possible reasons why Loki might have been the one scried by both wizards. Still doubts though.

#30 - Reverts Celuien's question about Loki to Nogrod. Says she thinks Nogrod might be acting strange and that she saw what she expected from Loki.

#35 - Responds to phantom's comment about flattery.

#39 - Looks forward to phantom's list of how wizards will act. Says she doesn't have any idea. Also says it's unlikely that we'd find the EW early, but if we did the wolves wouldn't stand a chance.

#43 - Thinks Naria's right with her response to phantom's "what do the wizards fear" question. Makes a joke for her own response.

#50 - Babbles about wizard behavior. Says EW won't be loud, but then again he might. Throws lorebooks into a fire.

#76 - Attacks (jokingly) Nilp for voting Nogrod. Marks that Nilp and morm have been quiet. Votes for Loki. Gives reasons.

Celuien:

#10 - Standard first post: Defends family, mildly accuses Eomer, doubts Loki's claim, and advises a clear head.

#19 - Quotes morm concerning Eomer. Agrees, but seems like mother-protecting-daughter reason. Spars at Diamond over family insult or something like that.

#29 - Says we should wait about Loki and that he is not unlike what she expected.

#61 - Remarks about Nilp not voting for himself.

#78 - Talks about GW revealing. Also mentions EW strategy and is reluctant to employ wizard spotting as it might flush out GW. Doesn't want to vote for any of the current candidates.

#142 - Gives reasons she will not vote for Loki. Doesn't think EW would risk discovery to defend wolves.

#145 - Thinks Nilp wouldn't be a wolf. Goes through post thinking about who EW would curse.

#164 - Voting list.

#169 - Says gut tells her Nogrod is innocent.

#181 - Analysis of Loki, Lommy, and Nogrod. Votes for Lommy for being a good EW pick and her sudden switch to vote for Loki.

#184 - Clarifies Day End time.

#186 - Responds to phantom about EW bluffing.

#201 - Voting Update.

#203 - Replies to a comment by the phantom and says she now knows he's not the EW.

#206 - Says goodbye to Loki. Comments that she doesn't think him a wolf.

Zali:

#104 - Warns against discounting anyone. Says Loki gets her on edge.

#196 - Agrees EW must be found. Votes Loki. Reasons include him being confusing and he worries her. Makes a point to say vote is not due to newbieness and that she has valid suspicion. Aplogizes for lack of participation.

That's only Day 1. Sorry, but I am tired of looking through all of it. After going through all of the first Day, I have nothing on Azaelia. Celuien is looking less suspicious also, mainly because she seemed to give good analysis and reasons for her vote.

Now, Diamond is something else. I think I may vote for her. One of the main reasons is that she seems to shift her view to fit what people say to her. Specifically I would point to #25 where she defends Nogrod against Loki, then when Celuien asks her something she turns to Nogrod with suspicion and says she saw what she expected from Loki. In the end she ended up voting for Loki. Also, she talks a lot, which is obvious and not necessarily bad, but a lot of it is role-playing and not as much constructive to the task at hand. I'm not too keen on that.

I don't want to waste my vote, though, so I'll only vote Diamond if there's still a chance to lynch her. Although, of the three candidates so far, I don't want to vote for Eomer or Azaelia. I'd have to do some research on Alcarillo to see what I think. I've got about an hour before I have to vote, so I'll see what happens.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #480
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Boots I got a bit more time, so I decided to check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang, about Celuien
#181 - Analysis of Loki, Lommy, and Nogrod. Votes for Lommy for being a good EW pick and her sudden switch to vote for Loki.
I hope she really didn't say that for I never voted Loki...

Quote:
I just noticed, but on POST #267 on pg.7 The Phantom put an arrow in his post, was he the Hunter by then? and if so this is perfect for Roa, she would see this and kill him not thinking he would pick Naria to kill....wait did he pick her? She also wouldn't fret knowing she could make another wolf even if he did pick one to bring with him.....Hmmmmmm weird indeed!
Quote:
Also does anyone think NO TIME NOW in the Phantom's post could be an anagram? I don't know why he would put one in there, but you never know....and I have no idea how to solve those darn things!
I think your ideas are a bit far-fetched, Valier. Calm down. He was a hunter already then.

Now I'm really going... Good night! (Or day or whatever you have there...)