The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-25-2006, 07:37 AM   #2761
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Diamond ~ wife (no children) ~ Battledore Maker -- Made the wicker beaters
I think I can see why people might be reluctant to marry Diamond…and even if she is married why she might not have kids.

I also have another question I didn't realize before I was going to have.

Quote:
If the evil wizard chooses a gifted villager to curse, the gifted villager loses the gift but does not turn into a werewolf ... this time. The good wizard is informed of the loss of the gifting.

-and-

The gifteds know who the good wizard is; the good wizard may PM the gifteds during the Day, and the gifteds may PM the good wizard during the Day. They do not know who each other is unless the good wizard tells them. (why wouldn't the good wizard tell the gifteds who each other is?)
I didn't know that second bit was going to be part of the deal. I think this does have the potential to tip the balance to the werewolves a little too much.

Think about it. The Evil Wizard curses a gifted. Nothing happens (or at least to the Evil Wizard it seems like nothing happens). Alarm bells go off that something is up. The natural thing is to either try to kill them or curse them again. If I were the Evil Wizard I'd try to curse them again because I'd want to know who they were and what they knew. Since the recently double cursed and new werewolf will know the identity of the Good Wizard (at least) and the other gifteds (possibly)...I'm sure you can see where I am going with this.

That at least is one reason why the Good Wizard would not want to tell the gifteds about the others.

I think the danger to the Good Wizard here is rather...large.

Unless there is some rule I missed reading about not being able to curse the same person two nights in a row (which I'm not sure this would solve the problem) I don't think there is any mitigating factor to this built into the rules.

I humbly submit to His Excellent Modship that this issue needs to be addressed.

I would have sent this by PM, except I figured that since the Official Announcement has been made, all rule discussions were better done in the open.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:16 AM   #2762
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*whimper*

Why can't it be in Juuuune, I'll not have a job then...

I'd love to sign up...if LMP feels that my schedule wouldn't be too restrictive. (I have few evenings, in the mornings I'm tired as heck) See the latest Midsomer Mawlins for a sample.

If accepted, I'd be an aviary keeper, eligibility to be decided by the Imp.

I'd also like to sign up to mod another game sometime this summer, but we'll have to see just when as I don't know if/where/when I'll be working.

Also...the Evil Wizard can choose a Werebear. Is the Werebear on the Evil Wizard's team? Usually, the WB is on its own team.
Will there be a restriction on the number of Werewolves the Evil Wizard can convert? Although no - that's the only way the EW can win.

Last edited by Oddwen; 04-25-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:03 AM   #2763
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The evil wizard can make as many werewolves as s/he can get away with.

An addition to the rules: If there are more then 20 players the following rule will be added. There are 4 to 6 werewolves, there will be 2 killings each Night; if 7 or more werewolves, there will be 3 killings each Night.

I've decided to go with no werebear or cobbler in this game. It's complicated enough. Just werewolves.

As to Kuruharan's problem, the Good Wizard can supply known innocents at will without tipping the players as to who the seer is (or was). This of course means that the good wizard becomes known, but that's the good wizard's call.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #2764
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
I think I can see why people might be reluctant to marry Diamond…and even if she is married why she might not have kids.
Ha! I'll have you know I've already had an offer...

Oh, by the way, LMP, you can take away the definition of Battledore Maker from my description. I only included it so you didn't have to look it up for your death scene-ing.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #2765
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I haven't stayed current on the whole discussion but I would be interested in playing in LMP's game if possible.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:10 PM   #2766
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Gurthang, I've done 5 dry runs of this game and the modifications I've just edited into the rules have shown to create a level playing field.
Sounds excellant, I like the revisions. Any chance we could find out about those outcomes?

I do have one other question, though. What does the Seer do? It's almost useless for him to dream, because the role of any player he dreams of may change before the game is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Oh, and because Gurthang and Sleepy asked, I am modding the game after Kath and will definitely not give up my spot. I have been waiting to mod since Ang's game.
Okay, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. So it's Kath, then Cailín, and then either me or Sleepy, depending on the timeframe. Now, don't think of that as an 'official' list either, there may have been others who already are going ahead of me, but I just don't want to get overlooked this summer (but that's not likely).
Old 04-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #2767
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Ha! I'll have you know I've already had an offer
Pawh-hawh-hawh-hawh!!!

Quote:
Diamond, marry me! Ahem, I mean I'd prefer being a recluse but *shrug* ok
I'd hardly call that a stirring expression of undying passion!

*falls down to ground and laughs uncontrollably*

Quote:
What does the Seer do?
Meat-shield. The Seer can say things and stand and die in place of the Good Wizard.

Quote:
because the role of any player he dreams of may change before the game is over.
So? It's part of the fun.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #2768
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

*Beats Kuru senseless with battledore*

Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #2769
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Missed. Your aim is terrible. And anyway, getting me senseless is a short trip.

Ahem, to give this post some semblance of utility...I also just had one more idea regarding the switching of sides that I'd like to air...

Some obstinate individuals might actually attempt to sabotage their conversions. Say for example we have a Seer. That Seer is cursed by the Evil Wizard. The next day the Seer announces that they are no longer the Seer and if they last too much longer the village might want to lynch them to be on the safe side. I've known such silly altruism of this nature to happen before *coughBoromir88cough*. This would present all kinds of quandaries all over the place.

Now, admittedly, this might just be part of the game, but I wanted this possibility to be out in the open since this is going to be something if a different format for this game.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:09 PM   #2770
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Update

Dueling Wizards Werewolf Rules

There are two wizards, and no other gifted at the beginning of the game, which must have a minimum of 20 players, and an arbitrary maximum (first time) of 30. The two wizard roles are assigned from a list of volunteers who are willing to play the roles.

The two wizards don't know who each other are. One is evil, one is good. Neither wizard can be killed, except by each other.

Evil Wizard: each Night the evil wizard picks a villager to curse as a werewolf. The new werewolf is immediately informed and the mod requests a kill choice, which the werewolf provides by the end of the 24 hours. On the first Night of the game, the Evil Wizard chooses three werewolves; thereafter s/he chooses one per Night.

The werewolves do not know each other's identity because while they are werewolves at Night, they cannot detect the identities underlying the curses. When there are multiple werewolves, and they make differing kill choices, the person with the most werewolf "votes" is killed. If there is a tie, the sub-mod for the evil wizard PMs back to each werewolf about the others' choices, and serves as a go-between until the werewolves have come to a majority choice.

Note: Werewolves do not PM each other and therefore cannot debate with each other; thus, they are not going to find out each others' identities. If in some odd circumstance, a werewolf gets the most votes for the werewolf kill, the evil wizard has the right to overrule the choice, and the werewolves are told to make a different pick. If in some even odder circumstance, the werewolves choose the evil wizard as their kill, the evil wizard of course has the right to overrule their choice. In a 20 or more player game, if there are 4 to 6 werewolves, there are 2 kills per Night; if there are 7 or more werewolves, there are 3 kills per Night.

If the evil wizard chooses a gifted villager to curse, the gifted villager loses the gift but does not turn into a werewolf ... this time. The good wizard is informed of the loss of the gifting.

If the evil wizard picks the good wizard at Night, he is informed that he has discovered the good wizard, and has the option from then on to call out the good wizard to battle during any Day.

The evil wizard may choose to inform one or more werewolves who one or more other werewolves are; but this is a risky option and should be used with great care, considering the possible consequences.

The evil wizard is allowed to lie to his were-creatures.

Good Wizard: each Night the good wizard picks a villager to scry.

1. If the good wizard scries the evil wizard, the good wizard is informed of that, and can call out the evil wizard to battle during any Day, which results in the death of both wizards.

2. If the good wizard scries a werewolf, the werewolf is turned back into an innocent by the good wizard's power.

3. If the good wizard finds an innocent, the good wizard has the option of turning that innocent into a gifted, the choices being seer, ranger, and hunter. If a gifted is de-gifted by the evil wizard's curse, the good wizard may assign that gift to another. If a gifted is killed, the gift may be assigned to another innocent. The new assignment is made via the nightly scry.

NOTE: There may only be one seer at a time, one ranger at a time, and one hunter at a time.

The good wizard may choose to inform one or more gifteds who one or more of the gifteds are.

The gifteds know who the good wizard is; the good wizard may PM the gifteds during the Day, and the gifteds may PM the good wizard during the Day. They do not know who each other is unless the good wizard tells them. (why wouldn't the good wizard tell the gifteds who each other is?)

The good wizard is allowed to mis-inform and/or withhold information from his gifteds.

The evil wizard and werewolves win when the werewolves equal or exceed the number of innocents. The villagers and good wizard win when there is no evil wizard left, and no werewolves left.

There are no shirriffs, no werebears, and no cobblers.

If the good wizard and the evil wizard choose the same previously innocent villager on the same Night, the two wizards discover each other's identity by means of the contest. Since the evil wizard still wants a werewolf, the good wizard must choose whether to let the villager die as a casualty of the wrenching experience of the contest, or let the villager survive and become a werewolf..

Just to be perfectly clear: a wizard battle always results in the death of both wizards, and may only happen during the Day.

There is a vote for lynching every Day. If a wizard is voted to be lynched, he will be lynched but cannot die that way, and is thus forced to declare himself, and the opposing wizard can call him/her out for a wizard battle. The wizard cannot be killed by lynching; instead, nobody dies that Day.

If the evil wizard dies, the werewolves are informed of each other's identity, and revert from there on to traditional werewolf group dynamics.

Each Day and Night will be 24 hours; if such a time frame proves somehow unworkable, it may be changed (with notice of course!) during the game.

Order of Night Activities:
1. Evil wizard picks whom to curse.
2. Good wizard pickes whom to scry.
3. Affected players are informed of results of #1 & #2 (if both wizards pick same villager, this phase gets longer but is completed before the next phase begins).
4. Ranger picks whom to save.
5. Seer picks whom to dream.
6. Hunter picks whom to hunt.
7. Werewolves pick whom to kill.
Note: Steps 4 - 7 can happen simultaneously, but will be recorded by the moderator in the order as listed so as to keep the game straight.

Player sign up

# player ~ relationship ~ occupation

1 Diamond ~ gammer married to Nogrod & mother of eligible young maidens Azaelia & Firefoot ~ Battledore Maker with strong forearms from battledore swinging

2 Celuien ~ eligible young maiden [okay with wife/mother or child] ~ Healer and Cupper

3 Caranlondien ~ eligible young maiden, eldest daughter of Sleepy Ranger & Roa Aoife (big sister of Thin & Glir) ~ Sled-Team Driver

4 Roa Aoife ~ wife of Sleepy Ranger, and mother of Thinlomien ~ weaver

5 Nogrod ~ gaffer married to Diamond and father to eligible young maidens ~ retired jester who has many permanent bruises from battledores

6 Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant ~ eligible young maiden (or wife of Nilp if he plays) ~ Baker

7 Kath ~ eligible young maiden ~ minstrel

8 Lommy~ child of Sleepy Ranger and Roa Aoife, younger sister of Glirdan and Caranlondien ~ little girl who steals other children's candy

9 Lhunardawen ~ wife (no children) ~ jeweler

10 Glirdan ~ child of Sleepy Ranger and Roa Aoife, older brother of Thinlomien, younger brother of Caranlondien ~ with giant crush on Kath (occupation aplenty!)

11 Valier ~ not so eligible young maiden ~ gardener

12 Sleepy Ranger ~ married to Roa Aoife, father of Thinlomien ~ Wanderer from the days of old, now settled in the village

13 Kitanna ~ ~

14 Firefoot ~ tomboyish young maiden (engaged to stuffy, boring, rich jerk) & daughter of Nogrod and Diamond; younger sister of Azaelia ~ artist

15 Alcarillo ~ gaffer married to Cailín ~ old retired sea captain

16 Cailín ~ gammer married to Alcarillo ~ match maker

17 Oddwen ~ orphan child, in the care of Lalaith ~ aviary keeper (filthy, insane street urchin who steals chickens & other fowl and keeps them locked up in boxes)

18 mormegil ~ widower ~ retired mariner and currently mayor overseeing honorary functions

19 Feanor ~ husband lost at sea, widowed and eligible (with eyes for the smith?) ~ suspicious and somewhat creepy shepherdess with a love of alliteration

20 Azaelia of Willowbottom ~ eligible young maiden & daughter to Diamond and Nogrod [open to whims of the mod] ~ (apprentice?) seamstress

21 the phantom ~ single semi-eligible young man ~ loud, unpredictable, adventurer

22 Naria ~ young eligible maiden (willing to change status) ~ servant who empties and cleans chamber pots

23 Jenny Hallu ~ ~

24 The Saucepan Man ~ husband ~ barkeep

25 Lalaith ~ frivolous aunt and guardian of Oddwen ~

26 Eonwe ~ ~

Gurthang? ~ ~ stable-hand (if he plays)

Nilpaurion Felagund? ~ hubby of Dancing Spawn if he plays

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 04-30-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:45 PM   #2771
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
3. If the good wizard finds an innocent, the good wizard has the option of turning that innocent into a gifted, the choices being seer, ranger, and hunter. If a gifted is de-gifted by the evil wizard's curse, the good wizard may assign that gift to another. If a gifted is killed, the gift may be assigned to another innocent.
So does this mean that there cannot be multiple seers, for example?

Quote:
In a 20 or more player game, if there are 4 to 6 werewolves, there are 2 kills per Night; if there are 7 or more werewolves, there are 3 kills per Night.
Does this seem excessive? Or does the number of kills lower after the population is less than 20? Otherwise it may be overkill and exponentially shorten the game near the end if the village is unsuccessful in finding wolves.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:30 AM   #2772
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye *cough cough*

I wonder if dancing spawn would accept my proposal.

I'll be on the reserve list, vzv. I still have time considerations to think of. Although I do want to join.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:41 AM   #2773
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Correct.

Quote:
Does this seem excessive? Or does the number of kills lower after the population is less than 20? Otherwise it may be overkill and exponentially shorten the game near the end if the village is unsuccessful in finding wolves.
I did 4 dry runs with this option. It varied. In some games the evil wizard couldn't get more than 4 werewolves no matter what he did. In another game he had as many as seven. If the good wizard, seer, and hunter have such rotten luck as to never uncurse, dream of, or kill a werewolf, then that's all part of the game. I don't have my notes with me so I can't refer to any details, but every single one of the dry runs were edge of your seat "who's gonna win this thing?" games. Two of them came down to the last 3 players left, like a real classic game. Just a note: once the wizards are gone, this does turn into a classic game.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #2774
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Quote:
Correct.
Forgive me if this has already been discussed but what happens in the fairly probable scenario that the Good Wizard has choosen a Seer, Hunter and Ranger and none of them have been killed and the next scry is that of an ordo? Nothing happens?
Old 04-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #2775
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Maybe I should revise my stance (being that this is actually going to be some other Downer - provided we have enough menfolk around...)... he doesn't have to be a boring rich jerk (unless he wants to be...). I just don't want to be getting married to him

Last edited by Firefoot; 04-26-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:05 PM   #2776
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Forgive me if this has already been discussed but what happens in the fairly probable scenario that the Good Wizard has choosen a Seer, Hunter and Ranger and none of them have been killed and the next scry is that of an ordo? Nothing happens?
The good wizard has another known innocent. That is all. And the good wizard can count his or her lucky stars that the game is going so well for him/her such that all three gifteds are alive and well and profitable to the good team. That frankly never happened in the dry runs.

Speaking of dry runs........:

#1 - 30 players

-Lasted 11 Days and Nights.
-Most # of werewolves: 5, Night 4 to Night 6.
-Evil wizard tried to curse the good wizard on Night 5 and so ID'd the good wizard, but got no 6th werewolf.
-Good wizard scried the evil wizard on Night 7.
-Good wizard called the evil wizard out to battle at the beginning of Day 7, both died.
-Only on Night 4 did the good team have all gifteds functioning.
-There was one kill per Night on N1, N2, N8-N11. 2 kills per Night N3-N7.
-On Day 7 after the wizard battle, there were 3 werewolves, one seer, and one ranger
-The 1st seer was killed N4, 2nd seer killed N7.
-There were 4 players left Day 10 but they lynched an innocent; N11 the werewolf killed an innocent. Ranger versus Werewolf only 2 players left: Werewolves win.

#2 - 30 players

-Game over as of Night 8.
-Night 1 good wizards scries 1 werewolf & turns innocent: evil team has 2 werewolves (not looking good for evil team)
Day 1 innocent lynched.
Night 2 a 3rd werewolf, good wizard picks seer, seer dreams an innocent, an innocnet killed.
Day 2 the villagers try to lynche the good wizard, who is thusly ID'd for all to know. no deaths.
Night 3 there's a 4th werewolf, good wizard picks a ranger, ranger protects seer, seer dreams an innocent, werewolves kill 2 innocents whom the seer happened to have dreamed about the previous Night.
Day 3 another innocent lynched.
Night 4 a 5th werewolf is picked, but the good wizard scries a werewolf, uncurses and makes innocent: 4 werewolves; ranger protects an innocent, seer dreams an innocent, werewolves kill one innocent and the ranger (not because of whom s/he was protecting).
Day 4 an innocent is lynched.
Night 5 the evil wizard re-curses the werewolf the good wizard had just uncursed: 6 werewolves; good wizard creates another ranger; new ranger protects seer; seer dreams an innocent; a former werewolf who got uncursed is killed by the werewolves & an innocent is also killed.
Day 5 an innocent is again lynched.
Night 6 the evil wizard turns one of the seer's known innocents into a werewolf: 7 werewolves; but the good wizard turns another werewolf back to innocent: 6 werewolves; the new ranger protects a werewolf; the seer dreams an innocent; the werewolves again kill an uncursed werewolf and an innocent.
Day 6 yet another innocent is lynched.
Night 7 the evil wizard re-curses yet another former werewolf: 7. .... good wizard uncurses another werewolf: 6. .... ranger protects seer, seer finally dreams a werewolf! ... werewolves kill 2 innocents.
Day 7 the seer's dreamed werewolf is lynched, because the seer tells the good wizard whom everybody knows the ID of, and it becomes a matter of course that this werewolf is to be lynched. (no dice rolling this Day)
Night 8 the two wizards aim at the same player and the good wizard finally IDs the evil wizard (very late by game standards ... too late); the good wizard decides to let the player die rather than let it become another werewolf. ranger protects an uncursed werewolf (now innocent); ser dreams another innocent; werewolves kill the ranger and an innocent. With 4 werewolves, an evil wizard, 4 innocents, and one good wizard remaining, the werewolves win again.

3 more dry runs to report, but that's enough fodder for now. I'm pretty sure that there were strategy maneuvers that could have gotten made in favor of either team, but being only one dice rolling arbiter, I didn't think of them.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:50 PM   #2777
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Ahem. I'm in.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #2778
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
A couple quick thoughts...

First, I'm assuming that you're rolling dice or doing some other random probability thing to pick who is chosen by the wizards, wolves, and villagers each Day/Night.

But I can tell that some things you aren't 'rolling dice'. I'm thinking that you're probably having the good wizard call the evil out to battle as soon as he is found, unless there is a distinct reason not to. This makes sense to me. I also guess, mostly from the second analysis, that the evil wizard will avoid battle at almost all costs. This is probably how it will go, but I think these games are unpredictable enough that it might not be so. But these facts makes me again think that the balance greatly favors the evil side. I think that allowing one of the gifteds, probably the ranger, to be repeated unlimitedly would help to reset the balance.

Although, I wonder how you are choosing whether a bear, wolf, or cobbler are chosen by the evil wizard. Especially since there hasn't been a bear yet...
Old 04-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #2779
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Please count me in--This sounds like a thrill!

A note--There have been problems with my schedule before, time zones and my status as a student being what they are, so I'll leave it up to our genius of a mod-god to determine if I should participate or not. (and I do hope he says yes).

Either way, I look forward to this game. It looks like a double dose of confusion, suspicion, and good, new-fashioned Werewolf fun.

Cheers!
Old 04-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #2780
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Although, I wonder how you are choosing whether a bear, wolf, or cobbler are chosen by the evil wizard.
I think LMP said that he's decided to use only werewolves, no werebears or cobblers. Which I suppose is why he decided to allow multiple kills when there is a large number of wolves, since the plus to having werebears on your team would be that they get to make kills too.
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:01 PM   #2781
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just a quick question: If the Wolves decide to kill the Good Wizard, can they?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #2782
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Just a quick question: If the Wolves decide to kill the Good Wizard, can they?
No.

As Caranlondien has indicated, no werebears, cobblers, or shirriffs. Actually, my reason for multiple kills had little to do with werebears and cobblers. I really had already decided against them early on, and don't know why I opened the door to them again. The real reason was that with 30 players, I needed to have either multiple lynchings are some kind of accelerated means of deaths, or this game could take a verrrrrry looooong time. So I hit upon the multiple kills per so many werewolves idea, and it works.

When any gifted is killed, that gifted can be replaced by the good wizard ... the very next Night.

I was rolling dice, except where obvious strategy decisions presented themselves ... such as the good wizard revealing known innocents as soon as they were useful, at least once the good wizard's identity was known. And the evil wizard wanting to stay hidden. and the good wizard wanting to battle the evil wizard as soon as possible to end the multiplication of werewolves.

You're on the list, Azaelia. I need a relationship and an occupation.

EDIT: Feanor, your post was so short I almost missed it. You're in.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 04-26-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:10 PM   #2783
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'd like to be a suspicious shepherdess with a love of alliteration, if you don't mind. I suppose I can also be young and somewhat eligible, though rumors abound about that young smith that's been seen around.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #2784
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I have a question -- not about the game, but rather about the relationships. Since it's medieval, are the eligible young things supposed to live at home with parents, like in a traditional medieval setting, or are you taking liberties with that? I just noted that there are more eligible young'uns than mothers, which seems odd, unless Roa and her husband have been quite prolific.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:51 PM   #2785
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

At home with mums and dads. I may have to ask some of the young eligible's to reconsider. Seeing as there are more women than men in the game so far (still at least 10 slots available), we may have to consider the possibility of young wives whose men are sailors gone to sea for months, no knowing when they'll return ... or widows whose husbands have been lost at sea. But we'll leave that decision for later unless somebody really wants to jump at these possibilities....
Old 04-26-2006, 08:53 PM   #2786
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

We'll call my husband lost at sea then. I'll be a re-eligible, yet somewhat creepy, widowed shepherdess.

Better?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #2787
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

This village needs an arrogant healer. Does anyone know a Barrow-Downer who has experience in that role?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #2788
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I do, I do! Silly phantom, YOU have that experience.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #2789
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Me! Well...

Healer, yes. Arrogant, no. At least I don't think so.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:04 PM   #2790
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Oh, you're right Fea- I've been an arrogant healer. Count me in, then.

And why do so many people have "eligible" next to their roles? Is there a game-related reason for it, or are there just a lot of dateless Downers eager to advertise their single status?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #2791
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
And why do so many people have "eligible" next to their roles? Is there a game-related reason for it, or are there just a lot of dateless Downers eager to advertise their single status?
Heh heh heh, ah me. Well, unless you believe that I'm really married and a battledore maker, yeah, the descriptions all have to do with the game.

Elempi is having it so that all the villagers are related to each other in some way and have specific ages. We've been able to picked whether we want to be old, young, married, or un-married. He's going to choose who to match with whom re: spouses, parents, siblings, etc.

So at the moment... if you were to say "I will be a husband" you run the risk of LMP marrying you off to either me, Roa, or Lhuna since we're on the list as wives. Or you could be a swinging bachelor and run after all the eligible females. Or you could be an older widower... etc.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:27 PM   #2792
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Could I be an old widower? I could be a retired mayor of sorts.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #2793
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

I guess my relationship ought to be eligible young maiden...And how about an occupation as a seamstress or apprentice seamstress?

LMP, feel free to change my relationship if you think it ought to be something else...I notice there are a lot of eligible young maidens other than myself out there, which does lead to an unbalanced village, age and role-wise.

And as for the "eligible"s, Phantom, we were instructed to give some kind of relationship, in order to make the death scenes more interesting...I am a dateless downer (I love the alliteration of that, and it's a phrase that has kicked out the song that was just in my head, and is now running in delighted circles around my brain) but not really in the mood to advertise (I stress enough about guys I know in person!). I just hopped on the bandwaggon

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 04-27-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #2794
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I may have to ask some of the young eligible's to reconsider.
I don't mind changing my status. Feel free to marry me off (or make me a child) if it helps the balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
This village needs an arrogant healer.
Does this mean we'll be getting into fights over who's the better healer?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #2795
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
Does this mean we'll be getting into fights over who's the better healer?
Its quite obvious I'm the best healer here despite the fact that I'm not a healer.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #2796
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well still we only have one mother -- LMP you can make me a mother if it helps. I'll be an older mother of one (or more) of the eligible maidens -- married or widowed as the population of available husbands dictates. Unless that is you really want me to be childess.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #2797
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
= Diamond
Well still we only have one mother -- LMP you can make me a mother if it helps. I'll be an older mother of one (or more) of the eligible maidens -- married or widowed as the population of available husbands dictates.
Would you marry me, Diamond?

We might be an old couple (I'm a retired guy already), with eligibles, and thence helpful to the set up?

PS: lmp. I'll try to post my points tomorrow - today's WW was just too tight to allow any time to come up with anything else... You know. Just check Diamond's game's latest twists and see for it yourself... Really great gaming going on there!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #2798
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I have no objections to such a match if our mod god LMP doesn't. We could be two old folks with a passel of young maidens... beating off the impudent young suitors with my battledores. Yes, I like this prospect very much.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:40 PM   #2799
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
I have no objections to such a match if our mod god LMP doesn't. We could be two old folks with a passel of young maidens... beating off the impudent young suitors with my battledores. Yes, I like this prospect very much.
Hee. I love this image. I hereby sign myself up to be a member of your said passel of young maidens just because I love the image of an old woman and man beating people off with battledores (whatever those are--I'm not familiar with the term *goes for dictionary* )
Old 04-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #2800
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaelia of Willowbottom
Hee. I love this image. I hereby sign myself up to be a member of your said passel of young maidens just because I love the image of an old woman and man beating people off with battledores (whatever those are--I'm not familiar with the term *goes for dictionary* )
Wicker beaters for beating dust out of rugs.