The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-21-2003, 10:32 PM   #1
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Shield 'This Day We Fight' speech in RotK trailer

OK, I know this has been discussed some in other threads, but I want to do something here. I was thinking those of us who think we know could say who we think it is giving the speech, then when the movie comes out, we can see who's right. I feel for sure it is Aragorn. I've listened to it over and over, and it just sounds like him. Something about the voice and the way he says the words. I'm almost positive it's him.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:39 PM   #2
Shadowfax the Silver

Sting

it says on lordoftherings.net that it's Aragorn
Old 10-21-2003, 11:11 PM   #3
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> it says on lordoftherings.net that it's Aragorn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I know, but some people don't believe that. <BR>Oh, and Welcome to the 'Downs, Shadowfax the Silver!!
Old 10-22-2003, 03:52 AM   #4
kharank
Animated Skeleton

kharank has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I know some people think this speech is made by Theoden, and indeed on my very first viewing of the trailer i thought it was him. Im now sure its Aragorn though. Theoden advocates hold that reports from the 20-mins preview of ROTK seen by some journalists included a 'rousing speech' by Theoden, but i reckon this film is gonna be packed with rousing speeches!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 04:55 AM   #5
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, it is without a doubt Aragorn speaking. I am sure Theoden too will deliver a speech to his soldiers before they arrive at the Pelennor Fields.<P><I>Forth Eorlingas!</I>
Old 10-22-2003, 05:20 AM   #6
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Even though we know it's Aragorn, it would certainly be very nice if Theoden had that speech, or, even though it's a male voice, maybe Eowyn, though I don't know how that would fit into the story.<P>-Menelien
Old 10-22-2003, 07:03 AM   #7
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I know some people think this speech is made by Theoden ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually, I think that it's just me. <P>And, since I seem to be in a minority of one, I might as well state my case, which I shall do by reference to the posts that I have previously made on this subject on other threads:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The gist of the speech is that a day may come when man will forsake his fellow man and break the bonds of fellowship, but that it is not this day … why would Aragorn be saying such a thing? It makes much more sense to me as Theoden rallying the Riders of Rohan after deciding to ride to Gondor in response to its request for aid. <P>You are right … that we see Aragorn rallying his troops during much of that voiceover and that it leads into Aragorn's rallying cry: "This day, we fight!". But I think that the voiceover has been edited in over these scenes for dramatic effect. For the reasons that I have stated, I believe that the voice is that of Thedoen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Even official websites get things wrong. I'm still holding out for Theoden. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I ask only one question. Why would Aragorn be saying that this is not the day when friends will be forsaken and bonds of fellowship broken? He is fighting for his Kingdom and, ultimately, the fate of Middle Earth, not for any distinct group of "friends" with whom he has "bonds of fellowship". The only conceivable explanation, to my mind, is that he is talking about fighting to buy Frodo time. But that's hardly a suitable basis for a morale boosting speech for his troops. <P>On the voice alone, I cannot tell. It could be either. And, of course the editing of the trailer does suggest that it is Aragorn. But it is the subject matter of the speech that leads me to think that it is Theoden. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And, finally, the "coup de grace" - an extract from a report on some website (CHUD?) made by someone who saw the 20 minute preview of the film:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Theoden gives a rousing speech about the danger they're about to face, but then rides up and down the line, bopping his sword against the tips of the many lances in a salute of sorts before leading the charge down the hill to the orcs … It's a hell of a rousing speech and really gets you ready for "whatever" comes next. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, there will probably be many rousing speeches in the film. But it makes sense to me that they would show, in the 20 minute preview, the speech used in the trailer. After all, they don't want all of the rousing speeches to be "out there" before the film comes out. And, according to this report, Theoden's speech is made just before the Rohirrim charge out onto the Pelennor. Well, those are the very images that the speech accompanies in the trailer.<P>As regards the voice, I have listened again and again to the speech in the trailer, and gone back to lines said by Aragorn and Theoden in TTT, and I am now convinced that it is Bernard Hill speaking. For one thing, it sounds to me more like an Englishman speaking than an American doing an English accent. In other words, the accent is pretty good, whereas Viggo's sometimes slips in the films. And secondly, it just <I>sounds</I> like Bernard Hill to me. There is something in the voice that makes me picture him when I hear the speech.<P>So, there it is. Although I think the case for Theoden is pretty strong, I strongly suspect that I shall continue to remain in my minority of one. <P>Well, we shall know soon enough ...<P>Edited to add: By the way, just to be clear in view of the title to this thread, I do of course accept that it is Aragorn in the trailer saying "This day we fight!". But I do not believe that those words are part of the speech that precede them in the trailer. Rather, I think that they have been edited together.<p>[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]
Old 10-22-2003, 08:47 AM   #8
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow, impressive case, <B>Saucepan Man</B>!<BR>But still, I say it's Aragorn. If you listen really well, you'll hear Viggo's voice. It's not easy, because he's speaking aloud, but it's him alright. <BR>I agree, it would be great if the speach was given bij Theoden. But Aragorn/Viggo does it really well, and I can't wait to see it in the movie!<P>To be quite honest, I started to doubt now, beacause of Saucepan Man post...<P>We'll just have to wait and see it in the movie, I guess.<P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.<P>BTW <B>Arwen</B>, nice idea.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:09 AM   #9
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

oh yea, its Aragorn, even though he does sound a little different, but hey he IS yelling it so...
Old 10-23-2003, 08:43 PM   #10
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

Um...I was TOTALLY unaware that there was any doubt over this. How could there be? Aragorn himself was the one shown doing this speech in the preview! Did you guys even SEE the same one I did? His mouth was moving, the sound came out. They showed him riding up and down the line of troops, hollering. Then he says "this day, we FIGHT!" Then he swivels on Brego. The only confusion I had about this was which battle it was. The last battle on the plains of Mordor? It looks like it from the wall in the background. Or a rally near Minas Tirith?<P>I was trying to find pictures from the preview, but I couldn't...but I have no doubt that is Aragorn's speech.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 08:52 PM   #11
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Saucy, isn't it wonderful being in the minority. Personally, I love it when it happens to me. It's no lose. If it is Aragorn then you can be satisfied that you weren't one of us sheep, but if it's Theoden, you're friggin' brilliant. <P>H.c.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:42 AM   #12
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Um...I was TOTALLY unaware that there was any doubt over this. How could there be? Aragorn himself was the one shown doing this speech in the preview! Did you guys even SEE the same one I did? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I don't have any doubt whatsoever, and was very surprised to see that there was any. I knew Saucepan Man thought it was Theoden, and wondered if anybody else thought so too. But there is no doubt in my mind it's Aragorn. Even if you couldn't see him giving it, I'm pretty good with voices, and that is his voice. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and will have no problem admitting it, but I truly believe it is Aragorn.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:22 AM   #13
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought it was Théoden at first too, but then subsequent viewings persuaded me it was Aragorn speaking. But Saucy, your post has confused me again! Oh well, we'll just have to wait...
Old 10-24-2003, 08:43 PM   #14
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

*Saucepan looks up at the weight of opinion against him, but stands resolute.<P>Come on people, though. Apart from saying "It is Aragorn's voice, I recognise it", no-one has really addressed the points that I made in my post. I want hard evidence. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> They showed him riding up and down the line of troops, hollering <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Aragorn clearly says "This day we fight!". He does not clearly say the speech that precedes this.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> It's no lose. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm not so sure, HC. Unless I'm convinced one way or the other before the film comes out, this has the potential to seriously spoil the film for me. If it turns out to be Aragorn, I will be sitting there thinking "Oh no! How can I face going back on the Downs!".
Old 10-24-2003, 09:11 PM   #15
Maéglin
Haunting Spirit

Maéglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

At first I did think it was Bernard Hill's voice then I opted for Aragorn. The speech itself does seem like something Aragorn would say at Morannon, facing impossible odds, defiant to the last. Or it could be applied to the Rohirrim, where Theoden is talking about the long-friendship between Gondor and Rohan. But then Gondor and Rohan's relationship isn't really addressed in the film, it seems that Theoden rather resents the Gondorians (in TTT when Aragorn is arguing with Theoden). Aragorn's line "This day we fight!" does IMHO match with the voice of the preceding speech and itmakes sense that the line also fits into the speech. I mean, all this talk about "a day may come.." "..but it is not this day..." "This day we fight!" It all sounds like it belongs to one speech.
Maéglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 09:23 PM   #16
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Is this the same voice that says, "ride to ruin and the world ending", in the preview on the Towers DVD? Could this be part of the same speach?<P>H.C.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:41 AM   #17
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Aragorn clearly says "This day we fight!". He does not clearly say the speech that precedes this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>We don't see him say it, but it goes along with the rest of the speech, and how could that not be the same voice? Maybe Theoden learned to do a good Aragorn imitation <BR>And I know they've said Theoden gives a rousing speech, but I personally think that's just a different speech. I did wonder, though. Where we see Eowyn with Merry right after Aragorn says 'This day we fight,' does that happen right there, or did they just edit it in to make it look that way? Just wondered, but I guess that's one of those things we won't know til we see the movie. <BR>Arwen
Old 10-25-2003, 05:09 AM   #18
Maéglin
Haunting Spirit

Maéglin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm pretty sure the Eowyn and Merry shot after the "This day we fight!" speech is just an edit.. Makes no sense otherwise because it looks as if the speech is being said at the Black Gate. Doubt Eowyn and Merry would be up and running so soon after their encounter with the Witch King.
Maéglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 06:27 PM   #19
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It is Aragorn if you watch the trailer it shows him making the speech. He is the one who makes "But today we fight!" speech. It sounds just like Viggo, not Bernard Hill.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:45 AM   #20
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I know some of the cuts in these trailers can be notorious for putting us off, but if it IS Theoden saying "this day we fight" etc, why do we see a massive crowd of people on horseback? If it's theoden, he'd be speaking to his troops, and surely looking at the trailer (and the tt ee dvd quick look at rotk, and stuff mentioned as to the number of rohirrim in TT), there aren't that many rohirrim?
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 07:20 AM   #21
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thoguh the speech IS on the Pellenor, we see Aragorn delivering A speech (in my opinion, this speech, because his mouthing matches the words )...WHY would he do that if the speech was during the actual batllte of Pellenor, since there's no fighting in the backgorund? He wouldn't.<BR>Instead, it seems clear to me that this is AFTER Pellenor, when he leads the troops from Minas Tirith to the Black Gates.

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 07:38 PM   #22
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Shield

OK, this is a trailer, so it edits together scenes from different parts of the film. Having studied the trailer again, it seems clear to me that the speech starts with an image of the Rohirrim immeditely prior to their charge onto the Pelennor, but that Aragorn's "This day we fight" is said at the Black Gate.<P>The sequence is as follows (I have given both the speech and the scene that each part accompanies):<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>"I see in your eyes ..." - Theoden rallies the Rohirrim prior to their charge.<LI>"... the same fear that would take the very heart of me ..." - Aragorn and Eowyn.<LI>THIS CHRISTMAS<LI>"... a day may come ..." - Gandalf riding up to the Citadel (with withered White Tree visible).<LI>"... when the courage of men fails." - Theoden in the Battle of Pelennor Fields.<LI>Eomer holding Eowyn.<LI>"When we forsake our friends ..." - THE JOURNEY ENDS<LI>"... and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day." - Galadriel and Frodo (Frodo dreaming).<LI>Eowyn and Merry - Eowyn: "Whatever happens, stay with me."<LI>Another shot of the massed ranks of the Rohirrim before their charge.<LI>Cut to Aragorn (I believe at the Black Gate): "This day we fight!"<LI>Eowyn charging onto the Pelennor.<LI>Yet another shot of the Rohirrim.</UL><P>Now, there has been speculation, based upon this sequence that Aragorn does not arrive from Pelargir part-way through the Battle of Pelennor Fields, but that he is there prior to the battle and makes this speech at that point to rally his Gondorian troops.<P>I do not hold with this. I believe that Jackson will stick to the book and have him arriving (presumably in the Corsair's boats, but not necessarily) part way through the battle. If Aragorn does make this entire speech, then I believe that he does so before the Black Gate. Certainly, it seems to me that this is when he says the line "This day we fight".<P>But, as will now be more than abundantly apparent, I believe that it is Theoden who makes this speech, up to "... but it is not his day", and that he does so to rally his Riders prior to their charge onto the Pelennor. The shots of the massed ranks with a figure on horseback parading in front of them are definately the Rohirrim and Theoden. Of course, it does not necessarily follow from the fact that the speech starts with this scene that it is made at this point. But I believe that it is quite a good indication that it is.<P>And I don't set any store by the fact that the speech ending "... but it is not this day" leads into Aragorn's "This day we fight" (with a brief interlude by Eowyn). That may just be the result of the main speech (Theoden to the Rohirrim before the Pelennor) having been edited together with Aragorn's cry of "This day we fight" before the Black Gate, simply because they make sense when edited together.<P>And if that doesn't convince anyone, I give up.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:28 PM   #23
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Saucy, I agree entirely that there is no indication that Aragorn is making this speech before Pelennor.<P>If it's Aragorn, it's before the Black Gates.<P>If it's Theoden, it's before the Ride of the Rohorrim.<P>I thought it was Aragorn simply because I thought it sounded like him. I think editting on the trailer is inconclusive and untrustworthy anyway. I think the indicator it may be Theoden was the review of the 20 minute King preview that talked about the rousing speech by Theoden. That was certainly a point in your favour.<P>Personally, I think it could go either way and don't see anyway to resolve the issue one way or the other without further info (like seeing the movie ).<P>H.C.<p>[ October 28, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 10-28-2003, 08:48 PM   #24
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Saucy, I agree entirely that there is no indication that Aragorn is making this speech before Pelennor. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I agree with that. I just think it sounds like Aragorn! And HC, you're right, there's no way to resolve this without further info. Well, we'll find out no later than December 17, anyways! Oh, and I do think the Aragorn speech is before the Black Gate. If only there was a way to find out more about that speech of Theodens...<BR>Arwen
Old 10-29-2003, 12:39 PM   #25
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I did have another thought on the matter this morning. Aragorn(or whoever makes the speech...) says, 'I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.' Now I could see some of the men being a little scared before Pelennor, where the speech would most likely be if it were Theoden giving it, but if they were going to the Black Gate, they would be terrified! So I think that bit about the fear fits better with Aragorn before the Black Gate.<BR>Arwen
Old 10-29-2003, 09:23 PM   #26
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The preview shows Aragorn's mouth moving to the words. End of discussion; it's Aragorn.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 10-30-2003, 07:51 AM   #27
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The preview shows Aragorn's mouth moving to the words. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly which part of the speech are you talking about, Knight? The only times that we see Aragorn during this whole sequence are in a scene with Eowyn (where he is most definately not saying the speech) and when he cries "This day we fight" at the Black Gate. As I have said, I agree that he says this line. I just do not think that it is part of the speech which precedes it.<P>I've been doing a bit of searching on the web on this (how sad am I ) and came across a site called <A HREF="http://www.audiblebeauty.net/rings/king/" TARGET=_blank>Audible Beauty</A>, where you can hear different speeches from the trailers. Try clicking on this speech and listening to it all the way through. The last line does sound different to me from the rest of the speech. You can also compare it to Theoden's "Ride to ruin" speech (although that one is rather obscured by the background noise).<P>I did come across a few other discussions on this issue. Most people think that it's Argagorn, but there are a few other Theodonites. And even one or two who think that it's Eomer's speech.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:15 AM   #28
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Éomer's speech? Where did they get that idea from?! I think it is Aragorn and at the Morannon, but hey, you never know.<BR>Saucy, you are very sad indeed. (J/K!)
Old 10-30-2003, 09:32 PM   #29
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

We probably shouldn't keep bickering on this idea too much longer, but I think I've got it pegged.<P>Aragorn is shown giving the speech...at least the "this day, we fight!" The voice giving the speech is the same one throughout the whole speech.<P>As for the "Ride! Ride to ruin! AND THE WORLD'S END!" (goosebumps), I'm pretty sure it's Eomer's. If you think about the voice pitch and such, I'm pretty sure it is. I don't think we can quite contest this one as well, because neither Theoden nor Eomer have bellowed quite like that. But we'll find out in another 50 days or so.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:09 AM   #30
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I agree with Knight of Gondor about Eomer giving the "world's ending" line. PJ and co. do take words out of one characters' mouth and put them in another's sometimes, but that speech is the one Eomer gives after he finds Eowyn "dead", and I don't think they'd steal it from him. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> "Eowyn, how come you here? What madness or devilry is this? Death, death, death! Death take us all!" <P>Then without taking counsel ... he spurred headlong back to the front of the great host, and blew a horn and cried aloud for the onset. Over the field rang his clear voice, calling: "Death! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>As for the "this day we fight" speech, if you go to the "Inside the Trailer frame by frame" analysis at the Official Movie Site, it says "Aragorn voiceover" during the whole speech. I don't think New Line would lie to us about that. Sorry, Sauce. But at least you won't have to sit in the theater worrying who it will be. You can just concentrate on enjoying the movie!<P>Cheers!<P>-Lily<P>[ November 01, 2003: Message edited by: Lily Bracegirdle ]<p>[ November 01, 2003: Message edited by: Lily Bracegirdle ]
Old 11-02-2003, 01:04 PM   #31
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I don't think New Line would lie to us about that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree, Lily. I don't believe that the official website would lie. But they might have got it wrong. Unless the frame by frame analysis was based on something actually provided by the film-makers, rather than what those responsible for the website thought, I still think that it's open to debate.<P>By the way, I just played the speech to my wife, and she thinks that it's Theoden too. So it's not just me.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:23 PM   #32
Aradan

Sting

It is defeintly Aragorn because when he says this day we fight you see him saying it.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:42 PM   #33
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Okay, Saucepan Man, I'll wait to see. I agree, when I first heard the trailer I thought it was Theoden, but now that I've listened to it some more, I believe it's Aragorn. His accent keeps slipping.<P>Welcome to the Downs, Shadowfax the Silver and Aradan! Enjoy moldering with the rest of us! Shadowfax, I owe you an apology. I didn't understand your post, so I duplicated the information you'd already given us. Sorry about that.<P>-Lily
Old 11-03-2003, 08:43 AM   #34
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

If you were going to march an army to a land of nightmares, a pep-speech would be useful (which is why, as well as the fact that they appear to be outside Minas Tirith, I reckon this is by Aragorn to the army as they set off to Mordor from Gondor).<P>However...there simply isn't time for a speech when the Black Gate opens! Nor need - I don't think anyone needed to be reminded there that they had to fight when they were being attacked, with no where to run!

Old 11-03-2003, 03:45 PM   #35
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Just double checked - that IS Aragorn before the Black Gate.<P>Still, an odd time to speech make!

Old 11-03-2003, 07:53 PM   #36
Northman
Pile O'Bones

Northman has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

in the commercial for the ROTK video game, you can tell it's Aragorn giving the speach.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:58 PM   #37
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

It is Aragorn. That is definitely his voice.<BR>Listen to it again... there's no one else it could be. It is him.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:47 PM   #38
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Does anyone notice, by the way, the tower WAAAY in the distance in the upper-right corner of the screen when Aragorn swivels on Brego?
Old 11-04-2003, 10:15 AM   #39
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes I noticed it what about it?
Old 11-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #40
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> in the commercial for the ROTK video game, you can tell it's Aragorn giving the speach. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm. This concerns me, given that the people who are responsible for the game are likely to have worked with the film-makers. Exactly how can you tell it's Aragorn, Northman?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Listen to it again... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've listened to that speech so many times now that I'm beginning to hear it in my dreams ...<P>... and, funnily enough, I always picture Theoden saying it. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Does anyone notice, by the way, the tower WAAAY in the distance in the upper-right corner of the screen when Aragorn swivels on Brego? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Isn't that part of the Black Gate?