Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #2801
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Lommy is probably around somewhere on the Downs, but I don't know if she checks this regularly or not. I'd PM her if I were you to let her know you needed her.
Lommy's been having a week holiday just now, but I can tell her to check the 'Downs if she's needed. Likewise with me, I have to check what's been written around here in the last few days and then see if I should/can post. Unfortunately, it might not be today or tomorrow still, though, as I have lots of things to do right these days... but I hope to get back to you all as soon as time permits!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #2802
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The real life has really thrown me here and there 24/7 for the last week (or two) but it should be over in two days or so.

Feel free to ride towards Tancred's estate in the meantime... if you wish. I'll try to come up with a post later this week with what lord Athanar is thinking about the visit - and what we might possibly expect from Tancred. It will be up to lmp to then deliver what Tancred will say and do, and if I read the signs right, he might have a surprise or two to us... Looking forwards to it!

But anyway, keep up the discussions in Scarburg and on the road between the soldiers.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #2803
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I will tonight, probably, Nogrod. It's just I've been so insanely busy lately it's not even funny...

-- Foley

EDIT: I got a post up for the soldiers.

Mnemosyne, I aim to post for Saeryn tonight or tomorrow. I'm about to head back to class and Saeryn's post is going to be more difficult for me to write. So sorry it's taking me so long.

Last edited by Folwren; 11-22-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #2804
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Mnemosyne,

I posted something...it's not much and it may not be enough for you to go on. If it's not, let me know and we should decide what we want this tour to cover and what needs to be said.

-- Foley
Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 AM   #2805
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Thanks, Foley. I've been pretty much completely out of it/out of the loop for the past week, but things should start turning 'round in the next couple of days. (For proof of this, look at the time of this post and consider that I'm on EST.) Unfortunately, even though Wynflaed's really good at taking control of a situation and moving it forward, I'm not, and I'm not nearly familiar enough with the Meadhall or roleplaying in general to have a clear idea of where to go from here. So if we could work on something together I'd appreciate it.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #2806
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay I'm here and sort of catching up with stuff. Planning to write something still today. I have to admit I haven't read the admin thread thoroughly, so bear with me if I ask stupid questions or do stupid stuff... And my apologies for not having been around. Somehow I seem to be able to divide my time and concentration in any sensible manner...
Old 12-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #2807
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just wondering...

since nothing has been said, should I assume that Wulfric and Wilheard have been ignored again? No one's given a thought if they should ride with the soldiers or stay in charge at Scarburg? Wulfric's going to be so happy - I can almost see him doing something stupid if not now then soon...

Now writing something for Modtryth.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #2808
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
And Lommy shows up "with both barrels blazing". Nice stuff! Fun! Looking forward to seeing how Lhuna deals with Modtryth poking Ginna..... hint hint hint.....
Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #2809
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'll try to have a post up this evening sometime - sorry it's taken so long, I didn't have time for much over Thanksgiving.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #2810
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yeah so I couldn't resist bringing Falco Boffin back. I need enough characters to keep me busy when the going gets slow on the thread. What can I say?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #2811
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You could say, "You're welcome."

I'm so excited! When I read your post, I exclaimed, "He brought Falco back!!" And my little sister laughed at me.

Firefoot, should you post about Leof seeing him, or can I post something for Quin?

-- Foley
Old 12-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #2812
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I was going to post for Leof, but if you get to it first Quin can spot him.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #2813
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

K, sounds fine. I don't think I'll be able to post today - have a pretty busy work load here at work today. So whoever posts first does so, how's that?
Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #2814
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, if you're anywhere nearby, you may want to check the thread. It looks like your line of soldiers might be disintegrating. I haven't decided what to do with my soldiers....
Old 12-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #2815
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Indeed so... and I have decided it's the time for me to post again, I've been neglecting it lately, so... I think Hilderinc is surprised enough by the Hobbit that in his immediate reaction he totally forgot about the order, too. It needs some commander to intervene, I'd say. But if somebody (especially from the "old Scarburgians" - or in the really dramatic case, maybe even Léof or Falco himself could hear him) wants to sort of explain to Hilderinc what is Falco doing there, I think they can do it now or later on the way, too.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #2816
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I just love to wreak havoc by introducing new characters, plot developments, you name it.

Oh, and you're welcome. Glad to oblige.

Let's see, are there other characters I could create just to satisfy my own personal whims? Just kidding. Eodwine, Harreld, Garreth, Falco, (and don't forget Rowenna), are plenty.

Great posts, Firefox & Legate ... and a touching one by Lhuna.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 12-11-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #2817
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Say... Whatever happened to Rowenna?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #2818
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Say... Whatever happened to Rowenna?
Last I heard, she departed to the Folde with Degas. There she remains unless there's good reason to bring her back.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #2819
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Last I heard, she departed to the Folde with Degas. There she remains unless there's good reason to bring her back.
No wonder the kitchen feels a little...quieter.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #2820
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Maybe someone should send Nogrod a pm?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #2821
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Maybe someone should send Nogrod a pm?
I can. I'm supposed to write for these lords.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #2822
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, did you call Firefoot Firefox on purpose, or is it another typo?

I'm going to PM Mnemo again and maybe start writing another post for Saeryn and Wynflaed with her.

As for Quin and Thornden and the other riders...you're right, Legate, in that a commander will probably have to intervene if the line is falling apart. I don't know who thought. Thornden may, if Durelin or Nogrod don't write first. But they still have time, because I'm not getting on to write a post probably for at least a day yet.

-- Foley
Old 12-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #2823
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
I'm around, just... busy. I should have time by Wednesday evening to work on something with you, though, Folwren.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #2824
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Elempi, did you call Firefoot Firefox on purpose, or is it another typo?
Ack. I think you knew already. That does it: I'm shortening her name to Fire. I've PM'd Nogrod.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #2825
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Elempi, it doesn't really make sense for Falco to say he'd heard Eodwine was sick two months ago, since Eodwine's only been sick for a month... he fell sick in mid October and it's now mid-November.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #2826
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Elempi, it doesn't really make sense for Falco to say he'd heard Eodwine was sick two months ago, since Eodwine's only been sick for a month... he fell sick in mid October and it's now mid-November.
Shoot. I thought I had the timeline covered. Now I have a problem. Actually, easily solved. He just decided to turn around once he got to the Shire - wander lust and all that.

Fixed - but now you'll have to fix yours. Sorry about that.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 12-14-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #2827
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hi there and sorry about multiple delays...

At first I was just stuck with how to work out the situation from the POV of lord Athanar, but then the RL really shook me - and I still have a bunch of essays to read & all the Christmas things waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp in a PM
Question: will it take less than a day to get to the first lord's holding? Depending how much time it takes, we can move the Day forward at the site. What say?
Looking at our maps it would be clearly a "short ride".

My impression is that they could do at least two on one day and ride home for the night to reach the third on the next. We need to check the maps.

Anyway, tomorrow I have no choir rehersals as they're over for this year and I'll try to use the time for reading & posting into the thread then. Now I need to go to sleep.

Foley: Athanar's soldiers are disintegrating? Oh my... why is nothing working for him?

Okay, I need to check on that as well - as well as on everything.

Sorry.
(seems to be a word I'm repeating time after time too often)
Old 12-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #2828
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have a post in progress for Thornden. will be up within an hour, I think.

EDIT: Scratch that. I posted now after all.

Elempi, I had forgotten that Thornden and Falco didn't always get along until just now...

I sincerely hope I did not cause any plans to be ruined for conversaton with the hobbit. I do realize I cut things pretty short pretty sharp, and I hope you all forgive me.

Last edited by Folwren; 12-15-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #2829
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
I sincerely hope I did not cause any plans to be ruined for conversaton with the hobbit. I do realize I cut things pretty short pretty sharp, and I hope you all forgive me.
Not at all! Not at all! Good conflict brewing here. I can handle it, of course! Question is, what will Falco do? I'll have to think about that, but I'm going to wait for FireFOOT to edit her post first.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #2830
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

My post is edited, so things can move along now.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #2831
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Here is the map I draw when we started. Looking at it, it would be possible to meet all three lords at the same day.

Judging lord Athanar's character, he would start with Tancred (who is also the nearest). It would be less than ten miles away.

Back soon, hopefuly with a post as well (the documantary "The Cove" about the slaughter of the dolhins in Japan) starts right now in TV and I want to see it first.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #2832
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Heh. Reading through the latest posts I was thinking of a gazillion of ways how lord Athanar would stop the riders and how he would react to a hobbit - only to finally read that Thornden acted on it a bit differently.

But as I've been away such a long time I think I'm the one to pick the spoon from here and take what is written as done. So we'll go this way.

I'll post something short in a moment.

Have you looked at the map? Tancred should be the one to the SE from Scarburg and not too far away. Would you lmp like to describe the estate or should anyone of us do it when we approach?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #2833
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Haha, Folwren, if you wanted conflict I think you've got it. Leof's not too happy either.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #2834
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Conflict was not my sole intent. Indeed, it was, if anything, of secondary importance to me while writing that post. I was annoyed that soldiers were falling out of formation and then imagined how that would transcribe to Thornden, being a leader, and how he was under a lot of stress recently, and then what he would be thinking if Athanar should find out that Leof, who Thornden had invited along without asking him first, was the one who broke his line.

And I am glad to see that you picked up his tone and attitude perfectly while writing your post of Leof's reflection. Well done.

Nogrod - please take out what Thornden says about ,"I had to break the news to him." Thornden told Falco no news, except, "We can't stop" and that without even saying so. Also, I'm sorry if I wrote hastily or had Athanar act other than how you imagined it. :| Deeply sorry.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #2835
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I can write the description of Tancred's holdings if someone doesn't beat me to it. I probably won't get a chance until tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #2836
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nogrod - please take out what Thornden says about ,"I had to break the news to him." Thornden told Falco no news, except, "We can't stop" and that without even saying so. Also, I'm sorry if I wrote hastily or had Athanar act other than how you imagined it. :| Deeply sorry.
No problem with Athanar. I'll correct my post.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #2837
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nog -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Just wondering...
since nothing has been said, should I assume that Wulfric and Wilheard have been ignored again? No one's given a thought if they should ride with the soldiers or stay in charge at Scarburg? Wulfric's going to be so happy - I can almost see him doing something stupid if not now then soon...
Lhuna -
sorry for taking time. I'll try to write something before Christmas!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #2838
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hullo, folks. Who's around to post? I could post for Javan at the Mead hall and have him spot Falco trotting in, if you all would like...?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #2839
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lommy: the sons / brothers should be along... so feel free to, whatever you might feel free to!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #2840
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Hullo, folks. Who's around to post? I could post for Javan at the Mead hall and have him spot Falco trotting in, if you all would like...?
The kids might also spot him?