The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2002, 06:53 AM   #1
avarrogion
Wight

avarrogion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to avarrogion
The Eye Movie...Galadriel

Does anyone think that Galadriel in the movie was overdo with the effects?
Old 02-10-2002, 08:40 AM   #2
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Yes, she was definitely the witch of Lothlorien in the movie.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:44 AM   #3
Glenethor
Wight

Glenethor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Not really. That was one way to play the scene, and that is what Jackson chose to do. Galadriel is not immune to the lure of the Ring, in both the book and the movie. We are seeing a High Elf in her Wrath, as she is 'on the other side.' That, coupled with the nature of the Ring, could cause those effects. I am only really disappointed that we didn't get to see her Ring. You can see it briefly as she waves good-bye to the Fellowship, but we see only the band on the palm side of her hand, and if you haven't read the book, you might think it was a wedding band, if you noticed it at all.<P>Besides, I've known women who's emotional stability makes Galadriel (in that scene) look relatively sane and serene...<BR> <P><I>running and ducking</I>

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Glenethor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 12:46 PM   #4
Elven-Maiden
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elven-Maiden has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Besides, I've known women who's emotional stability makes Galadriel (in that scene) look relatively sane and serene...<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Quite true!! I think that Galadriel was played very well, both wise and reserved, as well as powerful and tempted. As an actress, I think that Galadriel would be a very hard individual to portray. She's supposed to be wise and powerful and serene, and tempted to do evil... very difficult... She did well. The special effects only helped to empahsize her inner conflict.

Mobilis in Mobile
Elven-Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 12:55 PM   #5
Starbreeze
Ghost of a Smile

Starbreeze has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Starbreeze
Silmaril

I think that she was portrayed well, but I know that she scared me more in the film than in the books with that scene. My friends and I have been trying to impersonate that scene and it is very very difficult to do accurately (and we're not bad actors either!).

To write is to make dreams, to make dreams is to awaken the fantasy of the mind, to awaken the mind is to be a master.
Starbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 04:19 PM   #6
Aralaithiel
Ghost Eldaran Queen

Aralaithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Your problem is that you don't have PJ's $$$$ to do it the way he did. <BR>Galadriel is a very complex character. She has a major inner conflict, which is revealed in The Silmarillion and in Unfinished Tales. Cate Blanchett did a great job. Now Celeborn - whoa! That boy needs some more hobbit weed! Anyone want to contribute to Haldir's nose job fund?
Old 02-10-2002, 05:00 PM   #7
Telgaladiel
Pile O'Bones

Telgaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Telgaladiel
Silmaril

I liked Galadriel myself. Her temptation scene (the green lighted part) still wierds me out when I see it, but her voice, the way she looks, the way she moves, I thought she fit.<P>And I even thought she qualifies as beautiful. But her voice the most stands out. I read the books afterward and the books description of Galadriel's voice and Cate Blanchett's interpertation matched completely. To my ears, anyway.<P>I would have liked to see her ring a bit more and the gift giving. <P>But now, I can keep the gifts and their giving to my mind and not just what the movie set out.

"I don't think so."
Telgaladiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 06:08 PM   #8
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eye

I liked Galadriel's "evil witch" moment (let's face it, she's not a cuddly Elf by all means), but I definitely missed seeing her kinder side. Maybe the DVD will make up for it. As for Celebron, it appears as if his lines were butchered and cut. Well that and, yeah, he did look as if he'd been indulging in the gonja.<BR>What I liked most about Lothlorien was the morning of the Fellowship's departure. Great scenery, lighting, music, and outstanding acting by Cate Blanchett. She tugged at my heart, just like the book did (and by the time I was at my fifth showing of the movie, I had read that bit, and loved it more than anything else. Well, that, and Tom Bombadil and Goldberry).
Old 02-10-2002, 06:23 PM   #9
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

[sighs and shakes head, realizing he's probably making a mistake]<BR>Please allow me to respectfully disagree. The movie overall was, imho, very good. However, the portrayal of Galadriel was one of the very few things that, to me at least, just did not work. First of all I should probably qualify my statements by saying that Cate Blanchett is one of my least favorite actresses, but there were other reasons why I disliked the Lorien parts.<BR>While I personally thought that the whole Lorien sequence in the movie was more than a little bit strange, I'll confine my remarks to the Mirror of Galadriel scene.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Besides, I've known women who's emotional stability makes Galadriel (in that scene) look relatively sane and serene...<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>But she's not just a mere woman. She's an elven lady of great power and lineage. She was instructed by Melian the Maia in Doriath back in the First Age. She was ruler of an elven realm for centuries. She is very wise and certainly not unused to great responsiblity. I think that she would probably be very emotionally controlled, even in such special circumstances as having the Ring offered to her. But whatever happened I think she would have been the last person in Middle earth to suddenly go green and start shouting at the top of her voice.<BR>Speaking of going green, what really bugged me about that scene was the way that Galadriel seemed to be attempting to terrify rather than inspire unspeakable awe. Such a performance struck me as being a cheap imitation of Sauron that (however much in mockery of him it may have been) seemed to be completely out of character for Galadriel. In the book, a great light radiated from her and she towered over Frodo and she became beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful. In the movie a greenish darkness radiated from her, she towered over Frodo, and she looked and acted like she had been possessed by some horrible demon.<BR>When the vision fades in the movie, she acts startled and surprised, and then wanders around as if she had let something slip that she had not intended. This loss of control is the most out of character aspect of the whole scene. Galadriel probably rarely (if ever) had an uncontrolled moment in her life and the way that it is described in the book this was not one of them.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Then she let her hand fall, and the light faded, and suddenly laughed again, and lo! she was a slender shrunken elf-woman, clad in simple white, whose gentle voice was soft and sad.<BR>"I pass the test," she said. "I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There she just sounds sad because of the inevitable fading of herself and her people, not regretful that she had let herself get carried away on her little power trip. (Note how she laughed both before and after the vision as if she was not taking herself so seriously.)<P>Edit:<BR>Something else that just occured to me, in the book she is speaking with a gentle voice, not shouting at the top of her lungs.<P>[gets down in his bunker waiting for the answering barrage ]<p>[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: Kuruharan ]
Old 02-10-2002, 10:50 PM   #10
Glenethor
Wight

Sting

Well, I should've said <I>female</I> instead of 'woman.'<BR> <P>Yes, that voice. The perfect voice for the opening narration, and as I said in another thread, when she says (re: Gandalf) "he has fallen into Shadow" it was all I could do to keep from bawling. Nevertheless, the tears came anyway...just quietly. That Voice pulled the emotional reaction right out of me against my will (I am a great big Man. I...don't....cry) <P>Most people who have reviewed the movie at another site have cited the portrayal of Galadriel as one of the negatives of the film. I still, respectfully, disagree.<P>Kuruharan, you make a persuasive argument, but I think that you will not be able to affect the impressions of people who have already seen the movie and who liked how Galadriel was portrayed. It was artistic license on the part of Jackson, but it worked for me. And, if you listen closely to her voice in that part, you can hear the original. The sound engineer merely used a pitch shifter with a bit of digital delay.<P>Pax,<P>Glenethor

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Old 02-10-2002, 11:01 PM   #11
avarrogion
Wight

Boots

Watever but i have to agree on Kuruharan that the scene with Blanchet as Galadriel was overdo with the visual effects.That scene was like one scene from the exorcist or poltergiest..seriouly the role of Celeborn ws shorten as if he is useless in the movie.<BR>Overall the Lorien was a beautifull place and a thumbs up to PJ for his splendid work.<P>"One ring to rule them all.One ring to find them.One ring to bring them all...and in the darkness binds them.In the land of Mordor the Shadows lie"
Old 02-10-2002, 11:03 PM   #12
Glenethor
Wight

Sting

And,<P>The portrayal of Galadriel and the controversy surrounding it stirred my memory of the first time I read the book, nigh on 25 years ago. Lothlorien seemed spooky, menacing, from the reticence of Gimli and Boromir to enter, to their being blindfolded, to being told that they could not go back, to Celeborn angrily suggesting that they should never have allowed the Fellowship into Lorien, to Galadriel's testing of the Fellowship, and in particular Sam and Frodo. I didn't know if they had made a mistake by entering Lorien or not. Up to that point, the Fellowship's choices regarding their path were largely bungled. So, the somewhat truncated trip through Lorien jibed with my memory of the first time I read the book.

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Old 02-10-2002, 11:25 PM   #13
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Silmaril

Oh, I know quite well that I will never convince anybody of anything. Just discussing. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The portrayal of Galadriel and the controversy surrounding it stirred my memory of the first time I read the book, nigh on 25 years ago. Lothlorien seemed spooky, menacing, from the reticence of Gimli and Boromir to enter, to their being blindfolded, to being told that they could not go back, to Celeborn angrily suggesting that they should never have allowed the Fellowship into Lorien, to Galadriel's testing of the Fellowship, and in particular Sam and Frodo. I didn't know if they had made a mistake by entering Lorien or not. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That brings up an interesting point, because when I first read the books I never felt like it was weird and spooky. Well, maybe weird (Elves you know) but not spooky. Not like the Fellowship was in danger there or anything. Different, but in a welcoming kind of way. <P>I thought I read somewhere on this thread about how they liked the way that Lorien looked because it looked so otherworldly, except in a cursory glance at it I can't find it. (Doesn't mean that it's not there, I often have the observation powers of a particularly blind and senile mole, but it may have been on another thread.) <BR>Anyway, my point is that I thought that in the movie Lorien looked a little 'spooky.' But now I'm thinking if that was an intended effect by PJ to make the viewer wonder if the Fellowship is really safe there.<BR>It's not an interpretation that I really agree with, but my whole impression of Lorien was perhaps colored by the fact that I never felt 'unsafe' there, if you follow me.<P>I guess my question now is, am I the only person who felt safe going into Lorien the first time?<P>(and I didn't mean the "mere woman" remark to be in any way a put down or anything like that, before all the ladies of the board flame me to death)
Old 02-10-2002, 11:34 PM   #14
avarrogion
Wight

Boots

You are right Pj intended the spooky Lorien look in the movie as The Walkers are wondering whether the place is safe or not because the feeling of insecure has overcome them as Gandalf(thought to be dead) fell from the mines of Moria.<BR>That spooky feeling brought the audience watching the movie the feel of what the Walkers are feeling at that very moment!!Correct me if i am wrong.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:39 PM   #15
Glenethor
Wight

Sting

Well, let's just say that my impressions were ambivalent by the time they left Lorien. By that point, Boromir had been tempted by Galadriel, but Gimli and Legolas had become friends. Aragorn and Legolas seemed to be the only ones who didn't have any trepidation about entering Lorien. Obviously, everyone trusted to the leadership of Aragorn. You have to admit, though, that the things that I cited definitely gives Lorien an ambiguous feel. Nowhere else were they basically brought by force before the Lord and/or Lady of any realm.

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Old 02-10-2002, 11:42 PM   #16
Glenethor
Wight

Sting

I think you have it. We are seeing Lorien through the eyes of the Fellowship.

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Old 02-10-2002, 11:46 PM   #17
avarrogion
Wight

The Eye

I might sound stupid by asking this question but i have to...(mind me)<BR>In the movie..in LOrien the Walkers heard Galadriel in their heads rght? Well this is the question is she psyhic or thats the mere ppower of her elven band?
Old 02-11-2002, 12:26 AM   #18
Glenethor
Wight

Sting

I think that is more artistic license, to a certain degree. She is able to look into the hearts and minds of others, and I believe that her Ring is responsible for that. I seem to remember Frodo (in the book) asking Galadriel why he could not perceive the thoughts of the other Ringbearers, and Galadriel replying that he had not really tried. However, nowhere in the book does she have telepathic conversations with anyone. She may project her thoughts, and read the thoughts of others (or, at least, that is what they say it <I>felt</I> like) but no telepathic conversations.

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Old 02-11-2002, 12:40 AM   #19
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Elrian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by avarrogion:<BR><STRONG>Does anyone think that Galadriel in the movie was overdo with the effects? </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Definately over done, the scenery in Lorien was fantastic, but the way Celeborn and Galadriel were presented and spoke was awful. Galadriels voice at the beginning was good though. I didn't see a problem with Haldirs nose, I did see another more popular Elf that had really big feet though.
I'll stick to Old Toby and a Hobbit hole.*~*
Elrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 08:55 PM   #20
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Agreed. Overdone. I realize PJ was trying to get across the temptation of the ring ve-ry clear-ly, to make sure everyone understood, yes? got it? everyone? that it was the ring that was evil, not Bilbo or Galadriel. <P>I think an actress of Cate Blachett's calibre could have pulled it off without the special effects, or if we had to have them, with far fewer. Likewise Ian Holm in Rivendell.<P>To tell you the truth, her scene.. it seemed like they couldn't leave well enough alone. Like they kept messing with it, too many cooks, too many attempts, each making it worse and worse. I've had paintings like that. And recipes. There was probably an earlier version that was much better.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:00 PM   #21
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> There was probably an earlier version that was much better.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>i.e. one before they added all the disturbing green lights and loud voice alterations.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:54 AM   #22
Balefalathiel
Animated Skeleton

Balefalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OVERDONE!!!! I didn't like Galadriel in the film AT ALL!!! She was much more nicer in the books!
Balefalathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 10:05 PM   #23
avarrogion
Wight

The Eye

Well i don`t think Galadriel perfom that well in the movie...goes to Celeborn as well
Old 02-12-2002, 11:32 PM   #24
Elendur
Wight

Elendur has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Elendur
Sting

I think it was overdone. I always imagined her talking with emphasis in her Queen of Darkness part, not what the movie made her seem like. She didn't look altogether beautiful in that scene either. More like an ugly dark queen, which misses part of her description when she grows taller. And that fact that Sam wasn't there really ****ed me off as well, but I wont get into that.<P>Overall I think the elves (Besides Legolas) were pretty horribly done. When the fellowship enters Lorien and they are confronted by Haldir and his two followers, they are practically looking at them with malice and scorn Constantly. It was like PJ was trying to make the elves look way too serious. To me it seemed like the elves were constantly squinting at the fellowship like they were looking at inferior scumb.<P>Those are just my feelings. Im suprised nobody else has commented on it. And for my last misgiving about the elves, I didn't like the actor for Elrond. He looked old and bald. Elrond does not look old.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:39 PM   #25
LeGoLaSz gUrL
Animated Skeleton

LeGoLaSz gUrL has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to LeGoLaSz gUrL
Silmaril

I think Cate Blanchett did a great job as Galadriel! She looked very beautiful, except when she turned really freaky! Lol! I dont think it was overdone. I think PJ did a really good job! Her clothes were pretty!
LeGoLaSz gUrL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 09:59 AM   #26
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>That brings up an interesting point, because when I first read the books I never felt like it was weird and spooky. Well, maybe weird (Elves you know) but not spooky. <BR>But now I'm thinking if that was an intended effect by PJ to make the viewer wonder if the Fellowship is really safe there.<BR>It's not an interpretation that I really agree with, but my whole impression of Lorien was perhaps colored by the fact that I never felt 'unsafe' there, if you follow me.<P>I guess my question now is, am I the only person who felt safe going into Lorien the first time?<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, you're not... I was weirded out by the spookiness as well. It seemed to bear more similarity to <I>rumors</I> about Lorien than to Lorien itself. This bothered me a lot actually. In the book, when we see Eomer's suspicion and the way the Men generally think about it, we are sad because they are cut off from this great beauty and they always will be. We (and the Fellowship) know better. In the movie, I very much fear that we'll have no reason to disagree. Not to mention that the Gimli thing will be more or less inexplicable. <BR>I know its name is Dreamflower, but I thought it was a living dream not an otherworldly one, a golden dream and not a white one. (did the color change bother anyone else?)<BR>So I guess it's not really Galadriel I disagreed with (although I was really upset that they made her scary) but Lorien generally.<P>--Belin Ibaimendi<p>[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Belin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 10:05 AM   #27
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My god, Haldir WAS one ugly chap. I want to contribute for his nose job.<P>And, yes, Galadriel was definitelly killed by special fx, Blanchette is a good actress and she could have acted that temptation, she didn't need all those flashy lights.<BR>I really hate when I talk about the movie with friends who haven't read the book and they say "Galadriel? You mean that spooky whitch?"
Old 05-25-2002, 01:59 PM   #28
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Galadriel wasn't overdone, IMO, but they could of made her less scary. My mom thought she was evil at first, until I told her otherwise.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 02:08 PM   #29
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Galadriel wasn't the one overdone really. The way she looked and acted really was what <B>I</B> had in mind when I was reading the book. I also wish they'd show her Ring more, but in the book it didn't say that she showed around her Ring really. It may well be int he last movie though, when the Rings leave from ME. Now Arwen, that's another story -- too much obvious make-up.
Old 05-25-2002, 09:10 PM   #30
avarrogion
Wight

The Eye

Well after watching the movie for the 7th time i am prepared to pull back everything i`ve said about Blanchet for her potrayal of Galadriel...she actually did fine and wat a wonderfull job.<BR>The visual effect well what has there left to be said...i still believe it`s overdone!!<P>" What have I got in my pocket?"<BR>Bilbo baggins <P><BR>
Old 05-26-2002, 12:47 AM   #31
orlandoandsaran
Haunting Spirit

orlandoandsaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to orlandoandsaran
Shield

Yeah, i would ahve to agree with you on that one where the visual effects were overdone. But cate did a gret job portraying Galadriel. But she was a teeny weeny bit scary at first. And i wanted to see Nenya; made of mithril and had a white stone with a soft, flickering light on Galadriel. And i couldnt' see it at all in the movie.<BR>Maybe i have bad eyes.<BR>And Celeborn....wrong person!
Old 05-26-2002, 04:22 AM   #32
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I believe that Galadriel would not have come off so 'evil' or like a 'witch', if there had been more explanation, or scenes showing her otherwise. That's why I can't wait until the director's cut comes out - apparently it is considerably (someone said 4 hours?) longer and will therefore flesh in much more of Lothlorien, since so much was cut out of the book.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:25 AM   #33
avarrogion
Wight

The Eye

In the books it stated that Nenya was worn after the One ring was destroyed rght? Well i was wondering was she wearing the band in the movie...i mean issit visible to us viewers?<P>" Is it nice, my preciousss? Is it juicy? Is it scrumtiously crunchable?"<BR>Gollum <BR>
Old 05-26-2002, 09:59 AM   #34
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I <I>think</I> (I'm not sure), but I think she's wearing it during the <I>Farewell to Lorien</I> scene, it's attached to her sleeve.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 10:43 AM   #35
Lomelinde
Haunting Spirit

Lomelinde has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hmm, maybe I'm not recalling correctly, but I don't believe that Tolkien had radioactive elves in his tales, especially not powerful and wise Queens who rule large kingdoms.<P>I think that scene was the only corny piece in an otherwise incredible movie. They could have done a much better job with the whole thing instead of turning it into some sci-fi looking mess.<P>Oh, and I probably stand alone in saying this, but stop picking on Haldir. <BR>Get used to him. He's going to be in the Two Towers as well.<P>Sorry, I'm a fan...
Old 05-26-2002, 12:37 PM   #36
Melephelwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Melephelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:<BR>And for my last misgiving about the elves, I didn't like the actor for Elrond. He looked old and bald. Elrond does not look old.<P>At the first, I didn't like Elrond either, I thought he was looking angry all of the time. Now that I've seen it four times, I realized, that he's just looking worried. And remember, he's half human. That has to make a difference!<P>Quote:<BR>I am only really disappointed that we didn't get to see her Ring. You can see it briefly as she waves good-bye to the Fellowship, but we see only the band on the palm side of her hand, and if you haven't read the book, you might think it was a wedding band, if you noticed it at all.<P>Quote:<BR>I would have liked to see her ring a bit more and the gift giving.<P>Quote:<BR>And i wanted to see Nenya; made of mithril and had a white stone with a soft, flickering light on Galadriel. And i couldnt' see it at all in the movie.<P>It's right, Nenya is not seen in Lorien, but at the beginning, when Galadriel tells the story of the Ring, it's there. She says something like "Three were given to the Elves" and she and two other Elves (Cirdan and Gil-Galad?) are holding up some rings on their fingers. Galadriel's in front with Nenya right in front of the camera.<P>*Mele
And we dance beneath the moon
Melephelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 12:39 PM   #37
Melephelwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Melephelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Whoops! I forgot something. <P>I've heard, that the giftgiving is going to be on the director's cut of FotR in november.<P>*Mele
And we dance beneath the moon
Melephelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:03 AM   #38
Oandanel

Sting

Lothlorien made (and still is making) me feel very homesick. Call me crazy but I lived in a place like that in my first life. I think Cate Blanchett did a pretty good job as Galadriel, but her wig looks really fake . <P>P.S.: I actually have a crush on Haldir. I always thought that Elves are meant to be portrayed like the Elves of Lorien because they ARE the Firstborn...
Old 05-27-2002, 06:09 AM   #39
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

And I also suppose that we don't really see the ring because only other ring bearers see it - which is why we only see it when Frodo becomes aware of it.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:24 AM   #40
avarrogion
Wight

The Eye

Yeah you are right Nevfeniel kinda think of it yes i belive the ring was attached to her sleave during the farewell scene!! Thanx!!