The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2003, 01:52 PM   #201
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hey, has anyone seen the new pics that HC posted? So kewl! I like the ones of the two "little orcs" <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-04-2003, 02:18 PM   #202
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No compettion for Old, Cold Den - just doin' my job here lady: Faramir's been desginated a Fire-free Zone, and I'm here to make sure everything runs smoothly.<P>*Then, Olórin noticed the mad gleam in Meela's eyes...*<P><BR>Ummm...GANDALF!!! Come quick! Wait a sec...Olórin...Gadalf...*mithrandrotharkunicanusga ndalfolorin...damn!!!*...*sobs*I'm all alone...<P>Well, Im off to smoke myself to death on some Old, Cold Tobythor...though not in a pyre way...if Faramir needs me, send for Beregond, his little loveslave.<BR> *Honestlyitsjustsickneingthethingsthosetwodo...ifo nlypoorÉowynknewnotthati'lltellherlalalalalaIcan't hearyehearye*<P><BR>DISCLAIMER: I never claimed to be sane.

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 02:44 PM   #203
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*gleams madly, wins the fight and claims the ten bucks, and cheers because it's November, and she is oh so close to seeing her beloved*<P>*does a little jig and juggles some crackers*
Old 11-04-2003, 05:31 PM   #204
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I waited in line for 6 hours to see Star Wars *dodges apples*<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Traitor! I wouldn't be sure it's APPLES you'll be dodging...*strings bow*<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Goodness! That's sad, I'm with you all the way Knight of Gondor *pulls sword out* <BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>My bow is drawn and ready as well!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*Pelts Elfearz with Eye of Sauron marbles*<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Parents are mean, aren't they?<BR>I'm sure they come from Mars, or Venus or something... They even read my post when I'm writing them! What about privacy?!?! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Mine do that too sometimes, so I can sympathize with you. They also ground me from the computer if I get a C. Really, a C isn't that bad!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *unloads an 18-wheeler full of Kleenex* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thank you soo much! I do need that! *Blows nose loudly*<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think that *SPOLIERS!!!! FLEEE!!!!*<BR>bit Orli's talking about, Morquesse, is where he does some acrobactics using Mumakils' ropes as props - or so they say!<P>*END OF THE SPOILINGS!!! COME BACK!!!*<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh, how cool! <P>Well, I gave up resisting seeing the trailer, so I went to Secondhand Lions, and <I>THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE TRAILER!</I> And my stupid computer doesn't have Quicktime, so I can't watch it! The library is my last hope...
Old 11-04-2003, 09:10 PM   #205
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow, I was a bit scared for a moment. Then again heheh... Battle over Denethor - now that's something you don't see everyday...<P> I'm sorry Elennar Starfire! That's sad! I hope you get to see it!<P>Only 43 days left! Yay!!!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:22 PM   #206
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Parents are mean, aren't they?<BR>I'm sure they come from Mars, or Venus or something... They even read my post when I'm writing them! What about privacy?!?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey, c'mon, this isn't a forum for parent-bashing. I'm somewhat young myself, but I'm sure you'll understand once you're a parent. But, this is my post, so please don't bad-mouth your parents in it.<P>Again, guys, I want to remind you that Estelyn asked us not to be mindlessly posting and being silly and stuff...<P>41 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes, and 10 seconds!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:14 AM   #207
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, I watched the video of the Graham Norton thing...cos I missed it. My dad watched it and didn't tell me. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>It was so, so, so, funny!!! Does anyone know the URL of that 'in bloom' forum? I just want to read the thread.........<P>Anyway....<BR>Woah man, we're onto the 6th page!!!!<BR>Ah, I see, Lady Alasse.<BR>I can't wait until ROTK. At the same time I can, because I have so much stuff going on at school etc I don't have time to dwell on it.... But if I really have to wait til after Christmas to see it, I think I will die. Having chosen lots of figures for Christmas will only rub it in. I won't be able to act out any scenes!!!!!! (Yeah, I know, I'm 15....SO???!!!! When I was in year 7 we played with barbies for a joke. It was great fun actually...we gave most of them haircuts... )
Old 11-05-2003, 03:24 PM   #208
Leighann

Thumbs up

YEAH!! I can't wait untill ROTK comes out. My birthday is coming up in December and for my birthday I plan on going to the theater and seeing it!!! :: screams with excitement:: I CANNOT WAIT!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 03:49 PM   #209
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Bwahaha... There's a new theatrical poster on LotR.net! <A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net" TARGET=_blank>Go have a look!!!</A> <P>And Welcome to the 'Downs, Leighann! Enjoy being dead. <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-05-2003, 04:46 PM   #210
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

And did you also take note of the new pics on TOR.n? "Sam's Desparation" is mouthwatering...Shelob, hmm.... *grabs a box of kleenex*

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:38 PM   #211
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm back in therapy now!!!Only 40 more days!!! When RotK comes out, I will forgo all hopes of doing my homework. Fortunately, finals for me won't be untill january, so I don't have to worry about those. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> I waited in line for 6 hours to see Star Wars *dodges apples*<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Traitor! I wouldn't be sure it's APPLES you'll be dodging...*strings bow*<BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>Goodness! That's sad, I'm with you all the way Knight of Gondor *pulls sword out* <BR>---------------------------------------------<BR>My bow is drawn and ready as well!!! <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>*Pelts Elfearz with Eye of Sauron marbles* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> *Takes her brother's plastic sword and charges at Elfearz* Although I shouldn't talk. At the age of 7 I asked for the first 3 Star Wars movies for my birthday (Episodes 1 and 2 weren't around then). My feeble excuse is that I hadn't yet discovered LotR then (Grrrr about Lucas stealing Endor ) <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> my stupid computer doesn't have Quicktime <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You can find places to download it. I did'nt have it either, so I did a search on Quicktime and found somewhere where I got it.<P>I wasn't allowed to see TTT untill the saturday after it came out, but I <B>will</B> see RotK as soon as school is over on the 17th. Normally I'm not a hyper person at all, but watching the trailer is one of the few things that makes me hyper *squeeee*
Old 11-06-2003, 12:34 PM   #212
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There was no parent bashing...you might as well tell them not to have their own opinions, or a desire for privacy...or to be subserivent all their lives...really, they're mentioning the fact that they'd like privacy. Hardly a controversial request.

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:47 PM   #213
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>And did you also take note of the new pics on TOR.n?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yep, yep, yep!!! <P>And for those little people that care, they are now showing tiny clips of the Towers EV on <A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net" TARGET=_blank>LotR.net</A>! I can't watch them right now (stupid school computers...), but I intend to as soon as I get home! Someone go have a look and tell us if they're any good!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-06-2003, 02:51 PM   #214
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

I watched one they had up yesterday about Helm's Deep, and it was pretty good. I want to see more about other stuff, though. About the characters, and adding to their lines. Just a personal preference, though. Of course, I was glad to get to see anything about it!!<P>EDIT: ok, I just went back and checked, and they have a new one up for today. It's very short, and about how they got the sounds for the fell beast.<p>[ November 06, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen1858 ]
Old 11-06-2003, 08:11 PM   #215
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

man, I already went into this on the star wars board...<P>*clears throat*<BR>*starts singing*Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends?
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:49 AM   #216
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Who would have thought that a donkey supplied the sounds for the Fell Beast?!?!?! Now I won't be able to watch one without laughing convulsively.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:02 PM   #217
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I watched part of TTT again last night, and when it got to that part with the fell beast, I was just laughing!!
Old 11-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #218
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

There's a new one up! <P><I><B>AND ONLY 40 DAYS UNTIL ROTK!!!!!!!!!</B></I> <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-09-2003, 05:18 PM   #219
Aragorn's Queen

1420!

We all require the support network because i dont know about nebody else but i am a devoted fan of the books and the films. I live in Australia and we dont get to see it until the 26th december so i am looking forward to it.<BR>Cheers!!
Old 11-09-2003, 10:43 PM   #220
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Welcome to the 'downs, Aragorn's Queen!!<P>I just made plans to go see RotK opening day with my best friend. I can't wait!!
Old 11-10-2003, 05:49 PM   #221
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Okay, anyone who cares, go to the "End of All Things" thread by Iarhen; the clip from the soundtrack is *SO* awesome! <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~<p>[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 11-10-2003, 07:28 PM   #222
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> man, I already went into this on the star wars board...<BR>*clears throat*<BR>*starts singing*Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends?<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It's ok, elfearz, we're just teasing you. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Who would have thought that a donkey supplied the sounds for the Fell Beast?!?!?! Now I won't be able to watch one without laughing convulsively. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Got in trouble at school for laughing when I read that. *laughs more* 'Tis oh so funny!<P>More lembas, anyone? *passes around the lembas*
Old 11-10-2003, 10:08 PM   #223
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> More lembas, anyone? *passes around the lembas* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sure! *takes some lembas and scarfs it* Whew, I was gone for a little while there... But I'm back! Actually, I think I only have about three posts on the whole thread... Must post more...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Okay, anyone who cares, go to the "End of All Things" thread by Iarhen; the clip from the soundtrack is *SO* awesome! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ditto! I downloaded all the RotK soundtrack clips on TORN, and I was all teary-eyed... *sniffle* Can't...wait...much...longer... Ai!<P>*Is restrained by the men in white coats while sobbing pitifully*
Old 11-11-2003, 07:07 AM   #224
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I need restraining. Every time I think about Rotk and Denethor, I get up and do a mad dance that ends in flying furniture, cups on the floor, and bruises all over my knees from where I ran into the chair by mistake.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:32 PM   #225
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

December is getting closer but it's not altogether helping! My mind wandering is getting even worse! It has effected me in school before but never as bad as yesterday! We went to a different room for my physics class and they had a HUGE Lord of the Rings poster on the wall! I kept daydreaming about LOTR (esp. ROTK) and before I knew it we had our assignment (thank goodness I have friends who paid attention)! But yikes! December better get here quicker than it is right now! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I need restraining. Every time I think about Rotk and Denethor, I get up and do a mad dance that ends in flying furniture, cups on the floor, and bruises all over my knees from where I ran into the chair by mistake. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>lol, Aww! I'm sorry Meela! The only thing I can say is maybe you should find softer chairs (hey! in the end mad dancing never hurt anyone... that bad )

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:31 PM   #226
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I can't help it. I am unhealthily obsessed with RotK. I've seen the trailer about 100 times so far, constantly quote lines along with the actors, and act out scenes with my semi-LotR obsessed friend. Today, during lunch, we were acting out the scene where Gandalf races with his glowing staff to save Faramir, and I crashed into a laboratory table, and gave myself a nasty, purplish-black bruise all across my stomach.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:39 PM   #227
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Today, during lunch, we were acting out the scene where Gandalf races with his glowing staff to save Faramir, and I crashed into a laboratory table, and gave myself a nasty, purplish-black bruise all across my stomach. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*giggles* Awwwww, poor Finwe. I can just imagine what that would look like... Heh heh... I should try it sometime... <P>I was ecstatic when I saw the trailer before the Matrix. Nearly had a happy fit. I mean, I have it on my computer, but seeing it on the big screen was just... *squeak* Heh heh... A couple of people were cheering when it came on That made me happy.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:46 PM   #228
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Today, during lunch, we were acting out the scene where Gandalf races with his glowing staff to save Faramir, and I crashed into a laboratory table, and gave myself a nasty, purplish-black bruise all across my stomach. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Owch! That must really hurt. The worst pain my obsession has caused me so far is when I ripped off my bandaid elf ears. <P>Must...have...the...precious! Only 36 days left! *squeee!* <P>*gets out a bag of marshmallows and lots of toasting forks* Let's have a Marshmallow Denethor making contest! Whoever can get their marshmallow the blackest without it falling off the stick wins! Meela, can I borrow your lighter for a minute?
Old 11-11-2003, 09:58 PM   #229
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

oh, that sounds like fun, elennar! I usually roast my marshmallows til they're black, so I'm an expert at this!! Of course, Meela might beat us all, since this is a Denethor inspired game...<BR>I keep walking around the house quoting lines from the trailer, especially Aragorn's speech! <BR>I can't wait!!!
Old 11-11-2003, 10:59 PM   #230
Theoric Windcaller
Haunting Spirit

Theoric Windcaller has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Guys, an interesting thing to tide yourselves over for a while. Take the RotK trailer, and then mix it with like Rock music, and make sure to time it just right, so that when the song cresecndos (intensifies for percussion illiterates 8D) it gets to the part where the trailer intensifies. Take the song, "Pressing On" by "Relient K". I mixed it with the trailer of TTT, and when Saruman says, "There will be no dawn for men", the wallblows up. I timed it just right so exactly at them moment the singer sings, "I'm pressing ooooooooooon!" and then the song gets loud and crazy.<P>It's pretty fun. To mix the music and trailer, you just open up the trailer and Windows Media (or Winamp or Quicktime) and time them right.<P>Kind of nerdy, I know. But it held me over until the FotR came out and the TTT.<P><BR>-The Dwarf in the Shadows
Old 11-12-2003, 03:00 AM   #231
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Er...right, Theoric.<P>I can't wait either...I saw the Matrix but it didn't have the trailer. But it did have the Troy trailer!!!! <P>I just keep myself happy with looking at pictures and checking TORN for updates.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:55 PM   #232
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Interesting idea, Theoric. I do that occasionally; like I'll be listening to something and suddenly think "Oh, that's perfect for this one scene!" and then I replay the scene in my head while listening. It's v. fun.<P>Only 35 days guys! And have you listened to the clips from the soundtrack? If you haven't (and you want to) <A HREF="http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=110" TARGET=_blank>go here now!!!</A> So kewl! <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-12-2003, 02:49 PM   #233
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Awww Elfearz, you know we didn't mean it... . You just have to be kind of careful with what you say on a LORD OF THE RINGS FORUM!!!! Hmm...I was thinking, this probably is not the best forum that the person called Orlando's top fangirl could go...who says she is anyway??!!! <P>But yeah...I'm still totally confused about how on earth you play some rock song with the ROTK trailer. Is it really only 35 days to go????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 03:01 PM   #234
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

*hands over one of her lighters and lights a marshmallow*<P>*wins the game, naturally*<P>I've bought the Rotk photo guide today. It should keep me going for at least a few more hours. The wait is agonising. Fortunately, with TTT:Ext. being out in 6 days, the Denethor footage in that should hold me back for at least another couple of days. After that, I shall have to kidnap John Noble and get him to show me the film early.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:15 PM   #235
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I just realized (after a second-degree burn and innumerable scrapes) that I'm such a bloody idiot!<P>Today, in our Principles of Engineering class, we got to demolish our much-hated simple-machine projects with whatever we wanted to. Me, being the blessed fool, decided to body-slam mine and then set it on fire. Needless to say, I learned that a little wheel-and-axle system that looks (and feels) like the spiked wheel in Orthanc isn't the best thing to jump on. (My poor abused stomach!)<P>Then I decided to pull a Denethor (because I'm really looking forward to seeing Denny) and set the thing on fire (it was made of wood so it burned easily) and quickly stuck my hands into the flames and pulled them out, trying to see how long I could keep them in without them burning. Needless to say, the teacher called one of my group members to tell them something, which, of course, distracted me. Thus, I have icky second degree and first degree burns on my hands, which HURT!!!!!<P>And folks, that is how much I'm looking forward to RotK. Yes, I am obsessed!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:27 AM   #236
Tintalle
Pile O'Bones

Location: At the Gates of Morannon, waiting for the Great Battle
Tintalle has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hello! It's been awhile ...<P>Anyway, may have not seen the ROTK trailer, and I may have to wait 'til January to watch the movie, but I think the light of Eru finally shone on me 'cuz today I'm getting The Special Extended DVD of The Two Towers!!! HOoray!! I could kiss the delivery guy!
Old 11-13-2003, 08:30 AM   #237
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I've begun having dreams where I am being doused in a crate of tar and set alight. I think in one dream I was actually in the House of the Stewards at the time and surrounded by Gondorian soldiers.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:47 PM   #238
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Finwe, Meela is having a bad influence on you. <P>Only 34 days!!! *squeeeee!*<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-13-2003, 03:57 PM   #239
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

*squeee*<P>On the 16th December I'm having a celebratory 'the-wait-is-over!' bonfire in my garden. I'll be cutting marshmallows into Denethor/Faramir shapes and acting out scenes.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:20 PM   #240
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Haha! If you see a tall, handsome, ghost of a Noldo floating around by the bonfire, holding what appears to be a Sun, it's just me.