The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-05-2002, 05:45 PM   #1
Daecuiel the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Daecuiel the Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daecuiel the Elf
Sting NAZGUL SONG!

It goes like this: A horse is a corpse, of course, of course! And I am the corpse that rides the horse. And with great force and no remorse I kill those Hobbits dead. I COMPLETLY made it up. And did NOT get it from Mad Magazine, of course!
Agh Burzum-ishi Krimpatul

~Elfy
Daecuiel the Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 05:49 PM   #2
CelevonNīth

Sting

This is so funny! I love it. Really.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:00 PM   #3
Daecuiel the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Sting

I was joking, I got it from Mad Magazine!

~Elfy
Old 04-05-2002, 09:19 PM   #4
Airetalathwen
Animated Skeleton

Airetalathwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Airetalathwen
Sting

Haha, still funny though. Thanks for sharing.<P>~Airetalathwen
Old 04-05-2002, 09:24 PM   #5
Mayla Took
Wight

Mayla Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mayla Took
Ring

HA HA!! I LOVE IT! I love funny songs petaining to Tolkien. (Even if some are kinda mean.) ha ha j/k
Bilbo to Merry and Pippin

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"
Gandalf to Pippin in Moria

E-mail me at mailto:ThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.comThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.com</A>
Oh, and please rate me. THANKS!
Mayla Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 10:40 PM   #6
Nazgūl Queen
Haunting Spirit

Nazgūl Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<center>Do not make fun of the nazgul Queen, or she will not kill thee in thy turn. She will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy mind shall be devoured and you shall bow down beofre her terrible might!
Old 04-06-2002, 03:15 AM   #7
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took
Haunting Spirit

Bramblerose Gamgee-Took has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lol, thats funny! Oh my! *cowers behind a bush from Nazgul Queen*
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 05:50 AM   #8
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Elrian has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

No need to cower Bramblerose, the Nazgul were men not women, as in 9 rings for mortal men doomed to die!
I'll stick to Old Toby and a Hobbit hole.*~*
Elrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 07:30 PM   #9
Daecuiel the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Sting

You have a point there, Elrian! There is no Nazgłl Queen... But besides that it's not making fun of them.

~Elfy
Old 04-07-2002, 08:39 AM   #10
Daecuiel the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Sting

AH! NO! THE ACCENT WAS WRONG! *bursts out in tears* I'M NO LotR FAN IF I CAN'T EVEN GET THE ACCENT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! ERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

~Elfy
Old 04-07-2002, 08:44 AM   #11
Daecuiel the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Well, yes, I'm a fan, but the accent was wrong in Nazgūl! *cries some more* WAAAAA!!!!!!!!! *slaps herself* I needed that.

~Elfy
Old 04-09-2002, 03:12 PM   #12
Nazgul

The Eye

Translation in Nazgul for that don't understand (shreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek shraaaaack shrooooooooooooook)
Old 04-09-2002, 03:24 PM   #13
Elven-Maiden
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elven-Maiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, I have another one: <P>"We are Nazgul, my friend,<BR>and we'll keep on fighting till the end,<BR>For we are the Nazgul,<BR>We are the Nazgul,<BR>Oh the World"<P>(We are the Champion, Queen)

Mobilis in Mobile
Elven-Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 04:39 AM   #14
Nazgūl Queen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

<center>But where does it say that by MEN it means males? It could very well mean humans, because all humans are often refered to as "men" or "mankind"<P>And besides, who knows whether the historians were right? they wouldnt exactly go up to all the nazgul and do a survey of their genders!
Old 04-10-2002, 05:45 PM   #15
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>But where does it say that by MEN it means males? It could very well mean humans, because all humans are often refered to as "men" or "mankind" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>In the Silmarillion it states: "Men proved easier to ensnare. Those who used the Nine Rings became mighty in their day, kings, sorcerers, and warriors of old." Kings, sorcerers, and warriors are male in gender not female.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:02 PM   #16
Lossenavariel
Pile O'Bones

Lossenavariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

MEN DOESN'T MEAN ONLY GUYS!!! wemon can be scorcers
Old 04-10-2002, 07:30 PM   #17
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

I thought a woman would be termed a Sorceress, not a Sorcerer.
Thinhyandoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:24 PM   #18
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Thumbs up

Women would be termed sorceress.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:47 PM   #19
KingCarlton
Wight

KingCarlton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I dare say that would be right, the race of men as it is in Middle Earth were considered as a whole of the males and females therein.<P>Cheers to all Nazgul Queens. Besides I find her blood red script ...er... intriguing.<P>A Nazgul queen...hm.. this warrants and investigation. <BR>Who will join me on this quest... a fellowship perhaps.<P>Help ! Help !<P>**********<P>Query : Do they still print those Idiotic books? <P>Know Peace<BR>
Know ye People, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, And the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.

Hither came Carlton, the King, black haired, bronze hued, mightily thewed, sullen eyed. Sword in hand, a warrior, a destroyer, a conqueror. With gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth, under his sandalled feet.
KingCarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 12:38 AM   #20
KingCarlton
Wight

KingCarlton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Kings, Sorcerers and Warriors are indeed men...but then females could take their places. One could club their genders as one.<P>For Kings there are Queens. A regal.<P>For Sorcerers there are Sorceress'. An arcane.<P>For Warriors there are ...women warriors? Amazons? A defender.<P>Think about this - Witches are female. We have Warlocks, but everytime it is mentioned, there is an explanation - Warlock, ie - male witch. And it doesn't go vice versa.<P>Haven't you heard -<BR>"He's a witch !"<BR>"What..how ?"<BR>"I mean a Warlock?"<BR>"What's that ? "<BR>"A male witch"<BR>"Oh !"<P>Have you ever heard -<BR>"She's a warlock !"<BR>"What..how ?"<BR>"I mean a Witch?"<BR>"What's that ? "<BR>"A female warlock"<BR>"Oh !"<P><BR>Maybe you shoudn't discriminate againts the females of the nazgul, Elrian. I did that last week against female Orcs and now I keep sensing rabid feminist orcs everywhere I go. Everywhere.<P>Jokes apart - sprites, dryads, naiads, gorgons, etc. are mostly potrayed as females, but there has to be males of their kind too.<P><BR>~Believes there should be more female characters in LOTR, why not the Nazgul~<P>Know Peace<P>
Know ye People, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, And the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.

Hither came Carlton, the King, black haired, bronze hued, mightily thewed, sullen eyed. Sword in hand, a warrior, a destroyer, a conqueror. With gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth, under his sandalled feet.
KingCarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 04:45 AM   #21
Nazgūl Queen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

<center>KingCarlton, you are correct!<P>Witches always refer to females...<BR>So If a male Nazgul is the WITCH King of Angmar, why can't a female be a sorcewror/warrior (genderless/king (and i KNOW Ive read a book wqith a female KING)
Old 04-11-2002, 05:09 AM   #22
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Nice to see I affected you like that King Carlton!<P>But the ringwraiths are clearly female. Let me explain:<P>1.They scream-what self-respecting man screams?<BR>2.They all wear the little black dress, the idea with which all females will be familiar.<BR>3.They ride horses-how many little boys do you know who desperately want a pony?<BR>4.They are all devoted to one man<P>I think that proves that all the Nazgul were female!
Old 04-11-2002, 06:11 PM   #23
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Sting

The Nazgul are clearly male according to the Sil. Witch-KING of Angmar is only a name given to the LORD of the Nazgul.<BR> <p>[ April 11, 2002: Message edited by: Elrian ]
Old 04-12-2002, 02:11 AM   #24
Nazgūl Queen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

<center>This is a very amusing debate, but I must agree with Elrian. The nazgul are definately all male. But that doesn't change the fact that I can pretend to be the queen of them... because everything's possible in Tolkien's world, and there's always the chance that the Historians didn't know their was a (or many) female nazgul.<P>Note to Nevtalathiel: I don't scream - never have and never will, and I'm a girl.
Old 04-12-2002, 02:17 AM   #25
kingcarlton

Thumbs up

And you should, Naz Queen.....<BR>Historians..what do they know.<P>Now if we could have some Orc and Uruk Hai Queens.<P>That would make my day.<P>And I didn't know that screaming was just a female thing. Duh !<P>Know Peace !
Old 04-12-2002, 04:20 AM   #26
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Shield

Someone seems to like the idea of female orcs all of a sudden, King Carlton!<P>And I don't meen that all girls scream, just that girls scream more than guys!
Old 04-12-2002, 10:10 AM   #27
The Half-Hobbit
Haunting Spirit

The Half-Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Half-Hobbit
Pipe

I like the idea of female Nazgul. Wasn't the Silmarillion supposed to be translated from ancient elvish? Perhaps there was a mistake in translation, or whoever did the original translation DID'NT like the idea of female Nazgul...that would explain why they don't get mentioned.
But really I'm not actually your friend,
But I am.
-They Might Be Giants
The Half-Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 01:45 PM   #28
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, to all this male/female debating. "Three rings to the elven KINGS" But Galadriel was one of them. Hmmm, I wonder if Celeborn knows something we don't? And after being stabbed, it was said, that Frodo would become a ringwraith(Nazgūl) if he was not healed quickly. Nowhere mentioned that it couldn't have happened to a woman!!!! I LOOOOVE the Nazgūl.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:42 PM   #29
NinjaFerret
Animated Skeleton

NinjaFerret has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NinjaFerret
Sting

You Decide:<P>The Nazgul were women:<BR>-They stopped and asked directions.<BR>-They were color coordinated (I'm afraid this applies to all women except me.)<BR>-They all had matching accessories; bridles, swords, etc.<P>The Nazgul were men:<BR>-Each and every one of them was fixated on getting one thing. The Ring. (What did you think I was going to say??? )<BR>-They had beards. <BR>-Never got those cloaks washed, no matter what they had ridden through.
Old 04-24-2002, 04:59 AM   #30
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> -Each and every one of them was fixated on getting one thing. The Ring. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I'm afraid that suits a lot of women as well. So Sauron just had 9 women in his harem.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:44 AM   #31
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dūm

They were women:<BR>-They went chasing after jewelry<BR>-They had horses (or should I say ponies) which I'm sure they loved dearly<BR>-They chased the hobbits and the fellowship, a large group of attractive males (maybe the ring thing was all a misunderstanding!)
Old 04-24-2002, 05:05 PM   #32
NinjaFerret
Animated Skeleton

NinjaFerret has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NinjaFerret
Sting

I keep thinking about Monty Python's Flying Circus' "Hell's Grannies" sketch. Something about the long trailing black cloaks... I can almost hear them evilly cackling. <P>Just saying that made me feel very happy. I am beginning to believe that they are women. I dig the whole ring misunderstanding. But if they were indeed Sauron's harem of nine, what was the problem? Why did they leave to chase the men of the fellowship?<P>And the beards... I can't think of a good explanation, and it bothers me to think about women with beards like that. <P>Heh. <P>May your luck esceed the stench of your oxters.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:33 PM   #33
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Well: the Nazgul, I am sure, were <I>supposed</I> to be all male (old kings), but...a Nazgul Queen would not be so great. This is how it would be:<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>They would be so much more LOGICAL: they certainly would have caught Frodo (they would not just go wandering, they would stop, dismount, and say "Excuse me, but...did you see a hobbit and some companions go by?", find someone who knew, then catch the hobbits...not good for the story<LI>They might or might not be color coordinated, but that's okay!<LI>They probably either would have gotten ensnared with the ring's power sooner OR not at all: either they would say "ooooo! A ring! Goodie!" or they would have said "Ummm...something's fishy here..."<LI>It would be more PC today (even though we women would have a worse name because of it )</UL>Well: the novel would certainly have been <I>interesting</I> if there were female Nazgul. Hmmm: we should write a fanfic, where it turns out that one of the nine is a female...sort of like an account of her life and what happened...hmmm...I may do that if I run out of ideas for fanfics...
Old 04-25-2002, 12:56 PM   #34
nevtalathiel

NinjaFerret, maybe they were bearded circus ladies, a fetish of Sauron's and maybe he didn't treat them as welll as they felt they deserved and thought the guys in the fellowship were nicer???
Old 04-26-2002, 01:39 AM   #35
Nazgūl Queen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

<center>I STILL think that the whole beard thing was a misinterpretation of the historical records.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:30 AM   #36
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Well anyway...I loved the Nazgul songs--especially the the one that goes with 'we are the champions.'<P>And on the subject of females being Nazguls...<BR>Judging from Nev's theoretical observations,(hope that makes sense...) I think that it would be cool to be one (I said something about that in one of the movie threads that praises the way theY were portrayed in the movie)
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 11:04 AM   #37
Daecuiel the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Sting

I am almost positive the Tolkien meant for the Nazgūl to be all male. Just because some suggestions say they COULD be female, doesn't mean they are. But that would be kinda cool if Morgul (I hear that is the Witch King's name) turned out to be a girl! But I am sure Tolkien meant for them to be all guys. <BR>I am not sure who, but some one said something about Frodo getting stabbed, him maybe turning into a Nazgūl, it could happen to a female, etc. I just wanted to say that that would be REALLY funny to see a little 3-foot-tall Nazgūl riding around with the other 7-foot-tall Nagūl! I just think of a little Hobbit cloaked and you're un-able to see his face, riding a pony! That would make the movie EXTREMLY interesting, do ya think? Well, I have nothing much else to say...<P>~Elfy

~Elfy