The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2002, 07:00 PM   #201
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Okay, I posted the results for Saruman a few days ago but the forum went haywire and deleted it. So here they are again.<BR> <BR>Tie for best. 1:"The Nine have left Minas Morgul. They crossed the River Isen on midsummer's eve disguised as riders in black...They will find the Ring, and kill the one who carries it."<P>2:"Smoke rises from the Mountain of Doom, the hour grows late and Gandalf the Gray rides to Isengard seeking my counsel."<P>Worst:"I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of PAIN!"<P>Let's do <B>Gimli</B> for the next character. My vote for him...<P>Best: 1. "I asked for one hair of her golden head, and she gave me three."<P>2. "Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!"<P>Worst:"Then it has all been in vain, the Fellowship has failed."
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Firondoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 08:32 PM   #202
Mintyztwin
Wight

Mintyztwin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree for Gimli's worst line.<P><BR>Best line:<P>"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"<P>"Not the beard!!!"

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:2
Mintyztwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 06:23 AM   #203
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Gimli's best: Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!<P>Gimli's worst: (mutters) ....stupid.... (to Galadriel)<P>can't make it out but it's not great.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:23 AM   #204
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli's Best: Not the beard!!<P>Worst: I will not see the Ring in the hands of an elf! (or something like that)
Old 11-27-2002, 11:13 AM   #205
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Gimli's Best:<BR>1) I asked her for one hair from her golden head...she gave me three.<P>2) Let them come, there is one Dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath.<P>3) Soon, Master Elf, you shall enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarfs...ale and meat off the bone...<P>4) This isn't an official vote, of course, but I really love <I>all</I> his lines. Except for:<P>Gimli's Worst:<BR>1) Whatever that was he said in Dwarvish to Haldir.<P>2) I will not see the Ring in the hands of an Elf.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:23 PM   #206
Morima
Haunting Spirit

Morima has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morima Send a message via MSN to Morima
1420!

Someone or something (maybe a hungry Wight) ate half my last post wit the Saruman-lines, but I hope it goes well this time:<P>Gimli! I like Gimli! Heeere we go:<P>BEST:<BR>1. <B>Not the beard!!</B><BR>2. <B>No one tosses a dwarf!</B><BR>3. <B>I asked for one hair of her golden head. She gave me three.</B><BR>I think the two first ones are a bit OOC, but still, they're funny.<P>WORST:<BR>1. <B>Never trust an Elf!</B><BR>2. <B>I will be DEAD before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf!</B><BR>That's a bit TOO much OOC...

Aki Benetah.
Morima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 05:31 PM   #207
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Nalana has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nalana
Pipe

I don't think the <B>I will not see the Ring in the hands of an Elf."</B> line is that bad.<P>How I see it, he's a dwarf, and we all know that dwarves and elves didn't get along. And I can see with how the scene of the council of Elrond became intense, that yes, he just might say something like that. And it didn't seem out of character, in my opinion.<P>I don't have any best or worst lines from the movie for gimli. *shrugs*
Old 11-27-2002, 05:41 PM   #208
Morima
Haunting Spirit

Morima has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morima Send a message via MSN to Morima
1420!

Maybe we shouldn't discuss this here, but I feel that even though Elves and Dwarwes truly disliked each other, a Dwarf would never burst out with something kinda emotional like that in such a situation, or in any situation for that matter. It just doesn't feel right.

Aki Benetah.
Morima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 05:57 PM   #209
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Nalana has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nalana
Ring

I understand. you are entitled to your opinion and so am I. it's all good no worries.. I won't bite anyone's head off. so I'm going to drop it now.
Old 11-28-2002, 07:07 AM   #210
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So we're doing gimli now? <BR>YAY! i love gimli! <BR>okay i think the best is the hair line or my sig <BR>worst is "not the beard!" though i don't htink "no one tosses a dwarf" was bad.
Old 11-28-2002, 11:02 AM   #211
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I forgot about that "Hands of an Elf!" outburst.<BR>Gimli surely spoke Elvish to Haldir. After all, Aragorn understood him, and if Aragorn knows Dwarvish I'll eat my hat.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:01 AM   #212
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

Gimli had some GREAT lines - and he's gonna have the best line in TTT (if anyone else heard, ya know what I mean..mwwaaauuuaahahaha!)<P>Here's my vote for his best lines:<BR>1. Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!<BR>2. And MY AXE!<BR>3. I asked for one hair of her golden head. She gave me three.<P>Worst:<BR>1) 'Anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they're not, I'd say we were taking the long way 'round. - in the book, Gimli knew better...he didn't want to go into the mines.<BR>2) 'Nothing, it's just a wisp of cloud' - that's just stout ignorance.<BR>3) 'Then it was all in vain. The Fellowship has failed.' - Talk about giving up!
Old 12-10-2002, 05:28 PM   #213
cookie_crazy
Haunting Spirit

cookie_crazy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

YAY! GIMLI!<BR>hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.........<BR>ok<P>Bes t: I asked her for one hair from her golden head, she gave me three.<BR>and<BR>Oh yes, just a simple matter of finding our way through Emmon Muin, an impassable labyrinth of razor sharp rocks, and after that! it gets even better, festering, stinking, marshlands, as far as the eye can see<BR>Worst: Nothing, it's just a wisp of cloud