The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2002, 08:37 AM   #41
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Augh!!! The Oscars last night were so annoying! I can't believe I was up till 12:00 last night just so I could see "A Beautiful Mind" take all the awards! What a waste of time. And now I'm tired and grouchy as well. And I agree with Child of the 7th Age, the snide comments from Whoopie got really annoying, especially when she said something about the "sprites and fairies" in the movie. Did she even go see it? Oh, well, I'm done ranting; I just hope the other two movies do well. And the evil eye icon is for the people who gave "A Beautiful Mind" all the awards. Grrrr.....<p>[ March 25, 2002: Message edited by: ElanorGamgee ]
Old 03-25-2002, 09:46 AM   #42
Nuinlambe

Sting

THE ACADEMY IS A GROUP OF IDIOTS! How can they like abm THAT FREAKING MUCH? And that weirdo that won against Enya! "Oh, he's been up for so many but never won!" Then why did he win so suddenly? HELLO?! They felt sorry for him! They can't, and shouldn't have, let him win! Just because he can't win a single award at the Academy Awards, doesn't mean you can GIVE it to him just like that, 'cause you feel SORRY for him! I HATE HIM! And that whole, abm winning best pic! C'MON! These are a bunch of LOSERS jugding here! 4! Yes, they won four, but I accpected better. If it weren't for abm, LotR would have done SO much better! Grrrrr! I hate the academy! They should learn how to jugde RIGHT! I'm not saying that LotR shoulda won all of them, but that whole best origonal song! They felt SORRY for him! That song was BAD. May it Be was a GREAT song! It made me cry when I downloaded it, and it lost to 'if i didn't have you' from MONSTER'S INC? Monsters Inc didn't WIN anything... Sorry, I am just REALLY mad. I'll shut up now.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:20 AM   #43
Mereth'iel
Pile O'Bones

Mereth'iel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Hi all.<P>I'm not surprised that LOTR won mainly in the technical categories since fantasy movies rarely win a lot of Oscars. So, actually I'm pleased that it won the awards that it did. The fact that the rather staid Academy recognized the movie in spite of its traditional reserve when it comes to this genre says good things about LOTR. Winning 4 Oscars is nothing to hang your head about. I haven't seen abm, so I can't comment on it, although I've been told by friends that it is a good movie.<P>So here's raising the mug to PJ, the cast, and the whole crew of LOTR for a job well done!
Mereth'iel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:35 AM   #44
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I really think PJ deserved to win best director. How could those fools (of Tooks?) just give it to Ron Howard???? I mean, PJ had to keep an eye on a lot of things. After all, they were shooting three movies at the same time, and in no particular order. AND, besides that, they were shooting in several locations at the same time, and he directed via satelite. Now THAT deserves a prize. THAT is hard work. GO PJ, my hero.<BR>and Enya didn't win either. How did THAT happen? Thankfully, Howard Shore won for best score. And I'm listening to it again right now, for the 1047'th time or something.
Old 03-25-2002, 11:42 AM   #45
Mayla Took
Wight

Mayla Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mayla Took
Ring

I think LOTR should have won the best scenery award (or whatever that is called) insead of Mulon Ruge! AHHHH!~ They really deserved that one!
Bilbo to Merry and Pippin

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"
Gandalf to Pippin in Moria

E-mail me at mailto:ThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.comThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.com</A>
Oh, and please rate me. THANKS!
Mayla Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:43 AM   #46
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The biased griping here is quite amusing. Mereth'iel, it is nice to see a level-headed reply. I quite agree with your post. Lord of the Rings did great and about as I expected. I'm not disappointed in the least. Congrats to all the hardworking folks who put an award-winning movie together.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:40 PM   #47
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

LotR suffered in the acting categories because there were just too many characters - each character's part, even Gandalf, was small compared to typical supporting acting positions, particularly this year. Mereth'iel already explained why LotR didn't fare well in the director and film categories.
Old 03-25-2002, 03:08 PM   #48
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quite right. I've said this before elsewhere, but I don't mind being dull and repetitive, Peter Jackson would have had a greater chance at best director if he'd held off and released all three movies in the same year, six months apart. No doubt he knows that. But that would dilute the ticket sales, and more important to Peter I think, not give him the time to fine-tune each movie based on fan reactions. Still, if each installment is as popular and slightly better than the last, he may still have a shot in the next two Academy Awards. <P>I'm quite pleased with the results, and the nominations in the first place. It did slightly better than I expected: since Howard Shore didn't win the Golden Globe I thought it only a 50/50 chance he'd win.<P>I think the awards for best supporting actor will become more of a factor in the Return of the King. The role of Frodo is plum. He dies, or appears so, then survives, perseveres against staggering odds, fails, then through chance succeeds, then it looks like he's gonna die again, then is rescued, hailed a hero, then is a nobody in his own land. Then "dies" again. In a way. <BR>Ugh - if Elijah doesn't rip your heart out in the RotK, he should hang up his spurs.<P>As for Enya, it's actually her bad luck that her song was nominated from the Fellowship, rather than the Return of the King. One of the things judges look for is how the title song suits the tone of the movie. Her song is perfect for the ending of the LotR, but somewhat off for the first installment.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:26 PM   #49
Fili Mithrilhelm

Sting

yay lotr
Old 03-25-2002, 10:57 PM   #50
Amarinth
Wight

Amarinth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The biased griping here is quite amusing. Mereth'iel, it is nice to see a level-headed reply. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>red-this is an lotr site, you could expect people to be biased here, or else, where else? please let us all express ourselves freely here without dripping condescension on anyone on this board.<P>---------------------------------------------<BR><I>every man's life is a path to the truth -- hesse</I>
Old 03-25-2002, 11:38 PM   #51
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
The Eye

I went to see A Beautiful Mind today. It was not better then Lord of the Rings! What made me even more mad was that Enya didn't get it for "May it Be". That song is so pretty and how that other song one just boggles my mind! I'm glad that it did win what it did though. I just hope someday a fantasy film will be taken seriously and will win big...like next year maybe

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:59 PM   #52
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took
Haunting Spirit

Bramblerose Gamgee-Took has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Hmm, I sat up all night last night watching the awards, and in a big thunder storm, to find that A Beautiful Mind won! I saw that movie two days ago, and it was good, but in no comparison to LOTR. But still they won a few awards. Uh, does anyone know who that was sitting next to Elijah Wood? The one with long brown hair. Weird
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 07:13 AM   #53
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> who that was sitting next to Elijah Wood? The one with long brown hair. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually, that was Ian McKellen's boyfriend. Weren't they just SOOOOO cute together, sitting there holding hands? I think it's so wonderful, that he doesn't care about what Hollywood thinks about gay people. My thumbs up. GO IAN!!!!!
Old 03-26-2002, 10:44 AM   #54
firncristwen
Pile O'Bones

firncristwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

4 out of 13! What an insult, my God!<P>My first complaint: only one actor of LotR was nominated. Mortensen should've been up against McKellen, and Wood should've been up for Best Actor. Mortensen should've won and so should've Wood. <P>My second complaint: no other director deserved Best Director as much as Peter Jackson. I bet within the first week of shooting "The Fellowship of the Ring" Ron Howard (who by the way looks like a vampire on a diet) would've seriously injured himself. <P>My third complaint: Enya didn't win the ****ing Oscar! Who cares if Randy would've had to be the Susan Lucci for another year? "May it be" was a song that evoked the feelings of Tolkien and the movie perfectly--which is what should be counted on, not some dorky Gringo fave. Argggh!<P>My fourth complaint: they didn't have a cleansweep of all 13 (and there should've been more than 13!). <P>Time to go perform some witchcraft on the Academy members.
firncristwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:51 PM   #55
eleniwilwarin
Animated Skeleton

eleniwilwarin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i do also think that the lord of the rings should have got more oscars then it did but i was sleeping when they showed it on tv
Old 03-26-2002, 01:26 PM   #56
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Well, look at it this way. If LOTR would've won all the awards this year would the Academy be willing to give them any for the next two installments??? I think that it's time will come. Peter Jackson is bound to win for one of the next two. It was Ron Howard's year & I am sure he deserved it.<BR>As for the Art Direction award and the Costumes award - Moulin Rouge totally deserved these awards (sorry to upset anyone). Have you seen that movie? In LOTR most of the scenery is actual landscap, but everything in Moulin Rouge was built up from scratch, and the costumes were fenominal (can you tell I love that movie as well).<BR>I don't see any reason to be ****ed, after all, it is just a stupid awards show. Isn't the general populations' opinion better than an academy's anways? Just remember that there are probably lots of people on the same side with you all, and those are the people that will not forget LOTR. Whereas, A Beautiful Mind will probably be forgotten (for the most part) by the time that ROTK is released.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:28 PM   #57
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Wow, why did one of my words get bleeped out, it wasn't a bad word. Interesting.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 03:49 PM   #58
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Ring

I watched the ENTIRE Oscar show, all for Lord of the Rings...and i'm not really disappointed in any of them, except one (or 2, but i'll get to that later) because everyone who won really deserved it.(for the most part). Everyone KNEW Beautiful Mind was going to win best picture. I didn't expect LOTR to get it, because many ppl in the Academy might be saving their votes for Return of the King in 2004. I think Ron Howard did deserve to win, because he sure did get ripped off that year with Apollo 13. (btw, he DOES look like a starved vampire! LOL) It's highly possible and likely that the Academy members are saving some nominations for the other actors when the next installments come out. I have high hopes that Elijah Wood will get nominated for Return of the King. He really deserves it. I'm sure that in '04, the voters will honor the entire trilogy and that ROTK will sweep up a lot of awards. At least, i really hope so. The down side to having 3 movies is, by the time '04 rolls around, the academy might think that LOTR is "getting old" and not give it so many nominations. It depends heavily on other things as well, like what other movies come out that year. This year, there was definitly stiff competition. Who knows what wil happen in 2 years from now? Also, another reason that more actors didn't get nominated for LOTR was maybe because there were other great people that needed to be recognized. They had to give other people a chance and not just let the LOTR actors fill up half of each category, you know. I'm glad that at least the movie got 13 noms. That's an awesome accomplishment in itself. And just think....2 more movies yet to come!!! <P>As for the awards that LOTR won....It was by far a shoo-in for Best Cinematography. If anyone else had won, i'd have been pretty darn annoyed! I'm glad it won such a well-deserved award! The best makeup was well deserved too. It's tough to portray Tolkien's vision as well as the LOTR crew did. From the hobbit feet, to the beatiful elves, to the Orcs. I was pretty suprised, though i was half expecting it, when it won for Best Soundtrack. I was so happy about that one especially, because the soundtrack matches the movie so well and brings all the emotion and characters home to you and grips your heart with emotion. The more you listen to it the better it gets. It had tough competition in that area and i'm glad they pulled through! And of course, special effects...there is definitely NO movie this year with better ones! I'm glad that LOTR won the ones that it deserved they most. <P>However, i was mad that best song when to that horrible, generic, soulless piece of crap from Monsters Inc. I mean, hell, i could write a better song than that right now if i wanted to. It was so run of the mill, and nothing speical at all- no meaning, no talent and no thought required to make a pice of redneck "music" like that. ANY other song deserved it ten times more than that one. Ugh. I think that LOTR deserved Best Adapted Screenplay sooo much more than that Beautiful Mind did. Do these people have ANY idea how incredibly difficult it is to even attempt to make a film out of Tolkien's vast, intricate, mythological Middle Earth? Peter Jackson and crew did a magnificent job and shoudl definitely have won that award. Beautiful Mind? Please. Let's not forget that they even forgot to mention in the movie that John Nash was a homosexual Jew-basher. Such key things to the biography that they left out. And yet they still win. Now, i shouldn't really judge that movie, because i haven't exactly seen it yet (I'm going Monday) but i guess that it's the year for that film, with all the hype about it. I'm sure it's a great film with a powerful message and dynamic meaning, but i'm wondering now what all the excitement is about. I shall see....<P>The fact that LOTR didn't win as many as we wanted it to, and if it does not get the honor it deserves in the next 2 Oscars, does not change the fact that it's a beautifully made work of art. People will soon forget about Beautiful Mind (because everyone didn't exactly want it to win, they just knew that it would) but no one will EVER forget the magic in Lord of the Rings. In many competitions, it's the 2nd and 3rd place winners and runner-ups that go on to have much bigger success in the end. So...cheers to LOTR. Long after Beautiful Mind is forgotten, people in years to come will still be passionate about Frodo's desperate, tragic quest and Tolkien's timeless Middle Earth.

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 12:21 AM   #59
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took
Haunting Spirit

Ring

Maikadilwen, are you serious? Because I am easily lead
Old 03-27-2002, 03:09 AM   #60
krishnablue7

Silmaril

I must confess i was the saddest when Russel Crow didn't win, because he was the best part of that movie and all the other ones did<BR> he was really good in that movie<P>I agree with you guys about ENYA, she should have won, although that dumb song that really won was quite funny. I was really sad when Ian Mckellen didn't win, but yesterday i saw IRIS, where was Broadbent who win, and guys, he was really good whatever you say. I'm sure Ian WILL win 2003 or 2004. (Hey i didn't know he was a gay. Is he really? I would want to have a boyfriend like the one he has if that is really his boyfriend)<BR> And about MOULIN ROUGE, well, that was my first favorite movie (before FOTR)and now i'm not sure which is, but i adore Baz Luhrmann SO MUCH, because his movie is pretty much about different world too, so full ofwonders and sadness and brightness, it made me realize quite a lot and i'm so thankful
Old 03-27-2002, 06:02 AM   #61
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Maikadilwen, are you serious? Because I am easily lead <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am VERY serious. I thought you knew Ian was gay? He came out several years ago, and the most "intelligent" question most slim-slam reporters could think about asking him, was what effect it would have on his portrayal of Gandalf. Sigh. As if he would suddenly do his job different, just because he told them his "little" secret. I couldn't imagine anyone else as Gandalf.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:47 AM   #62
middlearthelf

Sting

I have no respect for the academy anymore. A Beautiful Mind got all the Oscars! Ridiculous.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:04 PM   #63
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Boots

My feelings were that if Peter Jackson did not receive best director (and I'm sure he will after RotK comes out), Robert Altman should have. He has paid his dues, and is way more admirable than Ron Howard, who, for all his charm, takes few risks and is not <I>that</I> good. PJ's direction was breathtaking, Altman's incredibly skilled and 'Gosford Park' was therefore heartfelt, yet devoid of cliches, while Howard, for all his tricks, had a truly great moment only in the theory of equilibrium scene, like you said.<BR>I loved 'A Beautiful Mind', it touched me, and Russell Crowe, for all his attitude problems, is a great actor, and Jennifer Connelly is splendid as well, but Best Director? I don't think so. It seems the Academy was just playing it safe on that one. I guess the logic was, "well it's a great film, but Ron isn't that great of a director, then again, everyone <I>loves</I> Ron, and this human-interest forumal sure as heck qualifies!" Sheesh.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:38 PM   #64
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Sting

I did not know that Ian was gay! Ahhhh...at first i thought they guy sitting next to him was Viggo Mortensen, but then i realized he wasn't there....soo...Gandalf the Gay? (sorry i had to say that) Ummmm sure....<BR>actually, it doesn't change my opinion on him, because i have a lot of respect for him as an actor. A great injustice was done that he didn't win! I don't care how good that guy from IRis was, i think Ian should have won. <P>My biggest complaint about Beautiful Mind is its lack of originality. I mean, that kind of film has been done before. Good Will Hunting, for example, is sort of SORT of similar to it. A lot of people think Gosford Park should have got best picture....well, i can't wait til '04 when ROTK sweeps up Best Picture. (hopefully).

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 04:07 PM   #65
Enedhil
Wight

Enedhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aye, twas disappointing. But we do have another two films still to come...<P>I never had much respect for the academy and the folk who decide these things anyway, and now my point was pretty much proved.<P>Just remember though: LOTR won the best film awards at the British Academy awards earlier this year- and one of them was voted <B><I>by the public</I></B> and isn't that what counts?<P>Did you see the celeb's going up the red carpet and getting interviewed? They were talking to Sean and Elijah - can you say energy??? They were so enthusiastic! (wonder what they were like *after* the oscars...)<P>"It's going to be like a rollercoaster, and I'm already on it!" - Sean (words to that effect, my memory's pretty poor [say goldfish]) <P>They also talked to Ian - i love that man! He's got such a wonderful spark in his eyes <P>GO HOWARD! Woo-hoo! best score! hahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!<P><BR>end of rambling.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:23 PM   #66
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was disappointed that LOTR didn't win Best Picture or Best Director, but I did not expect it to win. Ron Howard is a great director. He deserved the Oscar so many years ago for his other movies and they were making it up to him. Besides, I'm sure PJ will be nominated for either the second or third movies (or both!) LOTR also has a high chance for winning for the next two installments. <P>I didn't expect LOTR to win Best Song either. I thought Pearl Harbor would win, because it is a good song. I really didn't expect Monsters, Inc. to win at all! That was a big disappointment.<P>I was disappointed that Ian McKellen didn't win for Best Supporting Actor. I agreed with the critics' predictions that he would win. I haven't seen Iris or Jim Broadbent (ever) though, so I didn't really know.<P>The technical awards that LOTR won were well-deserved, especially cinematography.<P>I agree that the biggest disappointment was Best Adapted Screenplay, but hey, two more years. I'm sure the screenwriters will do a great job on ROTK and then it'll win that year!<P>Hopefully, people won't bash A Beautiful Mind just because it beat out FOTR, especially if they haven't seen it. Just remember...two more years, and surely by the third year, it'll win Best Picture. So don't be too disappointed.<P>I was VERY happy that Howard Shore won for Best Score. It was definitely the best score out of all the nominees, though A.I. was some competition.<p>[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: dragongirlG ]
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 01:54 AM   #67
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took
Haunting Spirit

Ring

Grr!! They never showed them talking to Sean Astin or Elijah Wood or any LOTR people at that. They kind of glanced to them and I jumped up and screamed 'LOOK! LOOK! THERES SAM!!' . I didnt even know that Ian McKellen was gay, he looked one of those men who would have 15 grandchildren
Old 03-28-2002, 01:07 PM   #68
eleniwilwarin
Animated Skeleton

eleniwilwarin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hehe yeah well i did not now that he was gay eather. but i missed the show totally because i did not know when it were but i hope the second film will get more oscars
Old 03-29-2002, 01:03 AM   #69
Mayla Took
Wight

Tolkien

I can't accept that Ian is gay!!! That can't be so! I am going to look that up. I thought Ian was married!

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"

Old 03-29-2002, 01:38 AM   #70
Bramblerose Gamgee-Took
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

So did I Mayla
Old 03-29-2002, 04:51 AM   #71
muffin_goddess
Pile O'Bones

muffin_goddess has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nope Ian is gay.<P>4. They Won 4. 4 out of 13? The acadamy are ridiculous grudge hold ing idiots. Did u know that russel crow didn't win best actor becausehe was rude at the BAFTAs? And to add insult to injury Whoopie Goldbirg talking about SPRITES and FAIRIES! Everytime LOTR didn't win one I just thought never mind they'll win all the other ones. But they didn't they won 4. By the end I was disgusted and tearful, yes tearful I was so dissapointed I'm sure the acadamy had something against LOTR I just don't know what.

feel free to eat my subjects
muffin_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 01:57 PM   #72
Mayla Took
Wight

Boots

I didn't like the "Sprites and Fearies" comment either. But I did think that the "Blobbits" comment was really funny! I was laughing hard. I guess that we should learn not to take the comments too seriously, there are going to be many more to come!<P>Oh, and can somone give a website that says that Ian is gay? He just doesn't seem gay to me! Are you sure that that guy sitting next to him wasn't his son?

Old 03-29-2002, 02:11 PM   #73
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Well Mayla, I really don't hope his son would be sitting with his hand on Ian's inner thigh.... And they were holding hands like I do with my fiance, but CERTAINLY don't do with my mother. Try the official Ian McKellen web page. <A HREF="http://www.mckellen.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mckellen.com</A> He's actually an open gay-activist. GO IAN. <p>[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 03-29-2002, 09:05 PM   #74
Mayla Took
Wight

Sting

Well, okay. Sorry, I didn't notice the petting. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-29-2002, 09:32 PM   #75
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What I don't get is the reason why A Beautiful Mind won best adapted script or whatever. They took the stupid script from some stupid small badly written book that had no plot what so ever (I've read it)!! And LOTR is a 300 something odd page novel!!! DOWN WITH THE ACADEMY!!!
Old 03-30-2002, 07:36 AM   #76
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I certainly agree!!!! /%"%`)"!...<BR>Have lost my respect for all of it, but am still going to watch it, at least for another 2 years....
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 08:59 AM   #77
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> They took the stupid script from some stupid small badly written book that had no plot what so ever !! DOWN WITH THE ACADEMY!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And everyone ducks as the plates are flying across the room.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:03 AM   #78
Amarinth
Wight

Amarinth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

come to think of it, the adaptation of lotr was indeed much more trickier and sophisticated, not to mention groundbreaking since pj had to consult with the lotr fan base. yeah, maybe lotr should've won that too...but i wonder, how much did "what exactly was cut out of and modified from the book" did weigh in in the judging process?<P>sir ian is definitely gay! watch his movie ca. mid-90's "gods and monsters" -- he sort of made his coming out in that movie. btw, this makes him even a more superlative actor, with both the magneto and gandalf roles tucked in his belt, dudn't it?<P>---------------------------------------------<BR><I>every man's life is a path to the truth -- hesse</I>