The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2003, 02:11 PM   #1
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril "The White Wizard Approaches"

Hello all. I have a question that I've been thinking about for quite awhile now. During that part when Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn are in Fangorn forest, Legolas says that the trees are talking to eachother. Then a few seconds later, he says to Aragorn "The White Wizard approaches." How did he know? Could he sense Gandalf behind him or did he understand the language of the ents and hear them mention the white wizard? What do you all think?
Old 03-03-2003, 02:26 PM   #2
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well he would have thought it was Saruman and not Gandalf approaching. I would assume he saw him coming. Those elf eyes of his.<P>H.C.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:46 PM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

he's a super sharp elf. he can hear and see and feel everything. he probably has little antennae that pick up people-vibes from about a mile off.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:29 PM   #4
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

Lol! No, he does have extremely good hearing. And sight, but I don't think that it would help him much when he was facing the other way.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:08 PM   #5
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

He couldn't see the wizard. He just used that Elvish 'sixth sense' to pick up on his arrival.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:39 PM   #6
Woodelven

Sting

I agree with you Meela.<BR>His really sharp and sense everything thats comes near him!
Old 03-05-2003, 02:11 PM   #7
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yes, probably, but what about the possibility of Legolas knowing Entish? You never know...
Old 03-05-2003, 02:50 PM   #8
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mea Govannen, Heres what I pretty sure what happens.<P>On that part Legolas looks around him walk forward so that the white wizard would be close but behind him all the while say "Aragorn nad no ennas!" then Aragorn and Gimli follow him and Aragorn says "Man Cenich?" then Legolas says "the white wizard approaches" and pointes with his head and eyes to what would have been on his left before he moved. then they all turn and, blah blah blah.<P>That is the real elvish too
Old 03-05-2003, 03:28 PM   #9
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Yes, probably, but what about the possibility of Legolas knowing Entish? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yeah but, by the time they got finished saying "the White Wizard is coming", they would have had time to have a game of Monopoly. <P>H.C.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:12 PM   #10
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Excellent point H.C. If it were Saruman, they'd be done for! <P>I would agree that it does seem as if Legolas possesses some "sixth sense" and knows. Perhaps he could see the white glow streaming past him.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:53 AM   #11
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Not necessarily if Saruman wanted to sneek up to them and question and then capture them, he didn't need to worry as Gandalf didn't about getting attacked. Also if he wanted to spy on them like in the books. Anyway thats my opinion. Namarie!