User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-08-2003, 04:44 PM   #481
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The young man smiled and went to sit by the hobbit girl. "I'm looking for a young woman, and you seem to be the type that I think she'd like. Not that I'm sure, it's just my first impression," he added, mostly to remind himself that he didn't know for sure. "She'd have been here for a while, or been here a while ago. I don't know if she stayed here or just passed by, but if I'm not badly off my mark she's been here. She's my age, looks a lot like me...longer hair, of course, but the same colour as mine. She's not really tall, has a cloak like this one," he fingered his cloak to illustrate his point, "and a brown tunic and lighter brown pants. She might've brought a green dress, but I'm not sure."

He stopped short, and looked at the girl. He was going about this entirely the wrong way. He should've given her a reason to trust him--a good reason for him to be searching for this person. But it was too late now, he had to carry through. He might as well finish the description.

"She's not overly easy to get along with, but if she likes you she'll be true to you. She's very argumentative, and anything you say will quickly turn into a debate. She can rarely tell where a jest is out of place, and isn't very well-mannered. Ah, her name is Talmérië, but she often goes by Rië, or just Rie." The girl's expression changed suddenly, and the young man hastily added, "My name is Talômi. I'm her brother--her twin."
Old 02-08-2003, 04:59 PM   #482
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Galadh settled back in her chair once more. She was still blushing furiously from singing in front of so many people, and she knew some eyes were still on her. But the sight of the flute had reminded her of past days, when she was just a little girl. Her father would bring out his flute and play sweet melodies, while they all sang together. It was that thought that had made her go and ask for him to play.

The color slowly faded from Galadh's cheeks until there was just a faint blush that was her natural complexion. Her eyes grew soft and dreamy, and she sank her head down to prop it on her fists, watching everyone crowd to the bar to get some ale. Suddenly she smiled and stood up. She could find her brother easily now. He never drank ale, and the room was now empty. She scanned it quickly, and her eyes rested on a man sitting in the corner. She was about to look away, but something in his eyes stopped her. He looked almost haunted… sadness and guilt were in his eyes, Galadh could see it. Standing up, she went to the bar. She shoved her way through the crowd and grabbed a mug of ale, as well as asking the innkeeper to bring her a cup of plain water when she had the time. Then she walked towards the table.

"Here," she said, placing the mug down in front of the man. He looked up at her, startled out of his deep thoughts. "I was always taught to serve a man ale when he came to the house, though this isn't my house." She laughed and sat down across from him, then abruptly stopped her laughter and stared at him in wonder. "Though I was never taught," she said, wonder filling her voice, "to serve an Elf, I suppose I should."

"Durelin, m'lady," he said rather absentmindedly, though she hadn't asked his name.

"Celebgaladhgwend, or just Galadh." She stood up. "I'll go now. I'm probably bothering you, I just thought you looked rather lonely here, and I'm rather lonely myself. I'm looking for my brother." She took a step back, and then sighed. "I'm sorry for bothering you," she said softly. "I do hope you like your ale. Now I suppose you'd like me to go."

Don stared at the man. Rie's twin? She digged around in her memory, trying to recall if Rie would want him to come chasing after her or not. She could not remember. She ducked her head and mumbled something, pointing vaguely in the direction the thought Rie had gone.

"Thank you," said the man with a little bow. He walked off in that direction. Don watched him go, hoping that either Rie wanted to find her twin, or that she was not in that direction.

[ February 08, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 02-08-2003, 05:20 PM   #483
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

Talômi waited anxiously inside for a reply, but outside Rie had no idea of her brother's troubles, or even of his whereabouts. She was enjoying her talk with Derufin, but she realized that her own throat was quite dry. Still, she was trying to recall what manners her mother had attempted to instill in her (though the good woman's efforts had been few and far between), and she called back up to Derufin, "I'll wait here for you. Take your time!"

She leaned on the stable wall, gazing up into the clear sky. She hoped that she hadn't upset Derufin when she asked where he was from; but it seemed like an appropriate question at the time. Rie had a lot to learn about what was and what was not appropriate.

She called a salutation to Piosenniel as she came in, but the Elf didn't seem to hear, so Rie let it lie.

"Don's probably wondering where I am," she said to herself. "I'll have to find her once Derufin comes back." But she was in no rush, so she sat on the ground and waited for Derufin.

Talômi's eyes lit up when the girl pointed toward where Rie had gone. Finally! Bless this child! "Thank you," he said, bowed, and took off in the direction he was given.

He'd finally found his sister. After weeks of searching, he'd finally found her. He could practically see her now, his other half. He'd missed her so badly that it hurt. He wondered, had she missed him that much?

Had she missed him at all?

Talômi stopped short, almost falling over. What if she hadn't missed her family? Maybe she didn't want to be found. Maybe it would only hurt her more. Rië (which is what he and their brothers always called her) was always an independant spirit, which was why she ran away in the first place. Maybe he wasn't doing the right thing at all, and his beloved sister would be better off if he just left.

He sank down to the ground, his back against the wall and his hands covering his face. "Eru, what do I do?" he moaned.

[ February 08, 2003: Message edited by: Orual ]
Old 02-08-2003, 06:48 PM   #484
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rym's cheeks blush a deep red as Cromthal offers to let him play, and they turn an even deeper red as he hears Cromthal's melodious voice. I can't compete with this... he thinks. I'm not learned enough... I'll bet a novice could play better than me. But how can I get out of it?

You can't, you fool.. You've gotten yourself into this mess, as you have gotten yourself into too many other messes to count in the past, and now you must pay the price. He hated it when his mind started having conversations with itself, it often made him look unsure or ignorant.

Rirrym notices that his clammy hands are wringing at his cloak, making the holes in the fabric even larger, and he forces his mind to clear so that he can unclench them. "I'd love to play with you, Cromthal, but I'm not sure what kinds of songs your people play. Do you prefer joyous or sad songs? With a quick or slow tempo?" Very good, fool.. his mind said to him. Now you've managed to stall for a few moments, but then he'll be expecting you to play with him and you'll make an even bigger fool of yourself in front of everyone. You'll have to leave for certain, then... Just when you'd been making friends, too.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:22 PM   #485
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cromthal was embarased to find a tear like a tiny jewel on his cheeck. Exasperated, he quickly wiped it away with his hand.

"Forgive me, that song makes me want to weep. Well Rirrym, my people have three general types of song or music. The joyous song, the lament, and the lullaby. I can play just about anything, you start and I'll accompany you."
Old 02-08-2003, 08:47 PM   #486
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Rirrym offers Cromthal a white cloth handkerchief from his pocket. As he releases his hold on the fine fabric, he smiles absentmindedly, remembering the day his mother had given it to him.

"My father once said that it was the sign of a great musician that has his music come from the heart. That tear you shed is proof enough of that for me." He fingers his silver pipe, trying to decide what type of melody would best hide his presumed lack of ability. He takes a deep breath. Well, I guess it's now or never. If I'm going to be thrown out of here as Middle Earth's worst pipe-player, I might as well do it now so I can get a bit further away on horseback. "How about a lullaby?" Rym offers, and at Cromthal's nod, his thin fingers move into place and he brings the pipe to his lips.

Rym closes his eyes as he starts to playing a soft, melodious lullaby from his homeland. To his surprise, no-one throws rotten food at him or runs towards him with a stick to use in helping to throw him out. Cromthal joins in a few notes later, once he has picked up the general melody.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:20 PM   #487
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The harp and flute mixed beautifully for the next few moments. It took Cromthal a few moments to pick up Rirrym's tune, but when he did, the blend was beyond beautiful. When they were finished, Cromthal smiled softly at Rirrym.

"You should be a bard yourself, you have much talent, and I thank you. Aingeal has not sung like that since I left my master. Oh! Here! You can have your handkerchief back." Cromthal handed him the soft white square of cloth.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:57 PM   #488
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Rirrym turns beet red at the compliment, so that the freckles that splotch his nose and cheeks seem to look even darker. "Thank you for the compliment, but I'm not really that great. My father and his father could, if they were here, both put me to shame with the first note they played." He sighs -- at times, he hated his family and the stress they could still manage to put on his life, even from hundreds of miles away. It's not your family who are to blame... It's yourself. You're the one who constantly compares yourself to them.. If you'd only put that aside, perhaps you could be happy with who you are.

That piece of advice was true at least, but how could he put his past behind him when it was still such a large part of his everyday life.. The horse that he rode and his flute both came from his family. Even his clothes, weathertorn though they were, came from his homeland. I even introduce myself as coming from Gondor... he admitted to himself.

He smiles at Cromthal, suddenly remembering that the handkerchief was still being offered out to him. He takes it, fingering it lovingly before he places it into a pocket on the inside of his cloak.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:30 PM   #489
nevlhachien
Animated Skeleton

nevlhachien has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Nevlhachien slowly folded up her torn and tattered map and carefully placed it back in her bag. She thought to herself, The air in here feels stuffy. I need a bit of fresh air. She got up from her seat in the dark corner and walked over to the door. She slowly opened the door and steped out into the cool evening air.

The wind blew through Nevlhachien's golden hair as she stood but a few paces from the Green Dragon Inn. She let out a whistle and a beautiful black horse troted to her side.

Nevlhachien stroked the horse's neck and whispered to her, 'It is a beautiful evening tonight, Isilmire.'

A lone tear fell down Nevlhachien's cheek as a memory of her brother was brought to her by the wind. She buried her face in Isilmire's black mane and softly wept. My last living family member was taken from me. Why am i left her alone on this earth? Why wasn't i taken with my brother? I will despair to the end of my days. she whispered to the horse.

Nevlhachien lifted her head and wiped the tears from her face. She let her horse wander to where ever she desired until she is needed and Nevlhachien headed back into the Inn. She walked in with her head down so no one could see her tear stricken eyes and slowly walked back to her place in the corner. There she sat while ever more memories raced through her mind.

[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: nevlhachien ]
Old 02-09-2003, 04:12 AM   #490
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"MAGIC?" asked Ellie, half shouting.
"Yes" replied Drago looking nervous.
"Wow, that's amazing! Isn't that fantastic Champignonne? Can you do some now? Can you make fireworks like Gandalf?" She looked down at Drago, for in her excitement she had jumped up from her chair.
"You were so worried about our reaction! That's so...sweet!"
Without warning she gathered him up in a hug.
Settling down she added "Don't worry. So, where are your friends. And why did you come back?"

Drago hesitated, and Ellie jumped up again.
"Actually before you tell what I can see will be a long and VERY interesting tale, it is late and I need a room. I'm sure you do too. Champignonne, I guess you know who I should talk to, right?"

At the Hobbit's nod, Ellie dragged her away, calling over her shoulder to Drago "Don't worry, I'll reserve a room for you too."
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-09-2003, 08:01 AM   #491
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cromthal looked oddly at Rirrym for a moment, wondering at the odd comment he had made about his father and grandfather. Cromthal hadn't been lying a bit, Rirrym should be a bard, he had talent enough. Before his training, Cromthal wasn't very good with music himself. Rirrym seemed almost to be having an internal argument with himself. Finally he seemed to realized Cromthal was returnig his handkechief.

Oh wellCromthal thought to himself. As long as he does not prod me about my past, I won't prod him about his.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:30 AM   #492
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Drago sat rigid in his chair, looking, stunned, after Ellie and Champignonne.

"Well," he thought, "I'm glad she doesn't think I'm a freak of some kind."

His gaze shifted to Champignonne. He hadn't much seen her reaction.

It just seemed so strange, a hobbit who knew magic. Granted, he didn't know very much, but still, it seemed unorthodox for him to know even what he did. At least, that's what his mother had always told him.

He looked back over at Ellie with a smile, as she spoke excitedly to a man, probably arranging their rooms. He hadn't been expecting the hug, but he'd quite appreciated it. It had been ages since anyone had received him so kindly, especially at the news of his wanting to learn magic. Ellie seemed intrigued. He liked that...
Old 02-09-2003, 01:00 PM   #493
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

After telling a few stories, the Elf, Man and Dwarf were silent at their table. Then Bali remembered about Elwen.

"Erulon, we have been discourtious! The fair ladies Elwen and Nostalwen have been waiting for us, and" - Bali was gone. Miss Pioseniel had issued the announcement about the free ale, and the dwarf was never above taking an opportunity to save a few silver coins.

"Bali is right, Burzdol," said Eruantalon. "We ought to go back over to Elwen's table."

"Sounds good to me!" Burzdol was in fact quite eager to meet the two fair maidens which Bali seemed to hold in such high regard.

Bali was on his third drink. Chatting with some inhabitants of the bar, Bali had almost forgotten about the other members of his party (though the ale may have had something to do with that). Finally, he got several other drinks for his friends, put them on a tray, and headed toward Elwen's table. A little hobbit girl was running across the room, and her angry mother was yelling "Lizabell, come here this very minute!" Some children just have no respect for their parents, thought Bali. Without a doubt that girl will get herself hurt running loose in this inn.

Sadly (he was deep in thought), Bali had not noticed the that the elf (which had caused him to leave the ladies' table in the first place) had moved and was sitting in the direction he was moving. As he passed by the table, the elf (grinning to his friends) ever-so-slyly slipped his foot out in front of the dwarves small legs.

A bizzare series of events ensued. Bali tripped over the elve's leg. The platter with the four drinks went flying. Bali's drink, which he was holding in his other hand, emptied into the elve's face. Bali Twisted his falling body around, and he ending up sitting on (and crushing under his emmense weight) the elve's extended leg.

But worst of all, the the platter had found there way to the little hobbit girl racing through the inn, and she was not only thoroughly doused in the drinks, but also knocked down by the platter. To Bali, it was all his most terrifying nightmares come true at once. Every eye in the inn was staring at the girl, and then found their way to him.

As he rushed over to help the girl up, she leaped up off the floor and dashed away from the dwarf, hurrying back to her mother, and screaming. "Mommy Mommy!! A big mean dwarf threw stuff at me and knocked me down, and then - - - WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!"

Bali cleaned up the mess and tried to explain what happened to the infuriated mother, but nothing he said to her would stop her from stomping out of the inn, carrying her wailing child. The elf would have been laughing at him, but he was having his leg attended to.

Getting some fresh drinks, he hurried over to Elwen's table, where Eruantalon and Burzdol were sitting. What a horrible evening this has been!

[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 02-09-2003, 01:31 PM   #494
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

"No, you do not bother me," Durelin said to the woman, emerging from his dark cloud of dreams, "Forgive me for my rudeness." The elf suddenly smiled at the young woman's face. It was so full of cheer, and he was glad to see it. "Celebgaladhgwend, eh, that is a large name for such a lass...if you do not mind me calling you such. Thankyou for the ale, you should treat an elf no different from a man. We are no better or worse. May I call you Galadh then?"

"Yes," answered the woman shortly, she was suprised by his sudden talkativeness. He was a strange elf indeed.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:51 PM   #495
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

With dark blue eyes, Laurie watched Pio disappear into the Green Dragon. Nell nudged her sharply and Laurie braced herself as Nell rubbed her head against the young lady’s back. Through her heavy thoughts, Laurie could not help but laugh. With a last fond scratch on Nell’s white star, Laurie traced Pio’s steps and entered the bustling inn.

Noise of the visitors inside broke upon her like a wave upon a rock. The inn was
crowded, but that was no change. Laurie was able to make her way to a table without being noticed. She sat, playing with the sleeves of her white dress, and thought of the visit to Amaranthas’ house. The clasp was still in her pocket, and with one small white hand, she grasped it, feeling once more the smooth coolness of the shell. Questions ran through her mind, so many that she felt like a whirwind of confusion had descended into her thoughts. Pio’s invitation stood out foremost, however, and Laurie was torn. For as long as she had wanted to know the truth about her mother, she now realized she was afraid of what Pio might be able to reveal. Laurie’s golden head sank into her hands and she closed her eyes and ears to the world around her.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:48 PM   #496
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Surprised that Rie was waiting for him, Derufin gave her a hand up and they walked across the yard to the Inn. He put his hand on her arm as she made for the front steps. ‘Let’s go round the back, through the kitchen. The cook told me I could help myself to the pantry and larder once I was done. We’ll make us some sandwiches and then go into the common room for some ale to wash them down.’

He grabbed her hand and ran round to the kitchen door. It was cool inside, after the afternoon heat and their exertions. Derufin pulled out bread and cheese and meats and mustard and pickles, lining them up in an efficient row. Some lettuce and a tomato found in the cooler rounded out his sandwich troops. He handed Rie a table knife and the mustard crock as he cut the bread in nice thick slices.

‘Pile it on! I’m famished!’ he said, grinning at her, as she plied the mustard with her knife, slathering it on the bread.

He rummaged through the slatted cupboard. ‘I could have sworn I smelled fresh cookies and fruit pies this morning when I woke up. Now where has she put them?’
Old 02-09-2003, 06:26 PM   #497
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

"Oh, they ought to be in that cupboard--no, not that one, the one to the right. Yes, that's the one." Rie put the mustard up and wiped the knife on the bread, then on the apron that she had donned. The bread was thoroughly yellow: the perfect amount of mustard, as far as Rie was concerned. She always liked more mustard than anybody else in her family. She hoped that Derufin liked a lot of mustard, because she had certainly put a lot on.

The sandwiches done, Rie went over to the sink and washed, dried, and put away the few dishes that were dirty. It had become somewhat of a habit lately--do the dishes, talk to Nuru, argue jokingly with Don, try to catch whatever was going on in the common room (and there was always something going on in the common room). She'd only broken one so far, which was quite good for her. (That incident had ended in a lot of apologies, and a lot of reassuring and cajoling to get Rie back into the kitchen again.)

"Did you find them, Derufin?" Rie called.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:23 PM   #498
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

Cromthal got up from the table to go get another mug of ale from the bar. Halfway there, he felt a tug on his shawl. He looked down and saw a dog had come out of nowhere and had the fringe of his shawl in it's mouth. Cromthal wasn't used to dogs. His master had kept them but Cromthal kept cats and usually avoided his master's dogs. Cromthal knew the fabric was strong, but did not want to risk tearing the shawl.

"See here," he began, trying to pry the dog's mouth open. "you let go of me now." While he was occupied with this, another dog bounded up behind Cromthal and bounded up on his back. Caught off guard and off balance, Cromthal was knocked flat with a muffled shriek.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:39 PM   #499
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Rirrym tried to stiffle the laughter that escaped his lips as he saw Cromthal's predicament. He rises from the table and walks over to Cromthal, his cloak flapping softly behind him. "Here, let me give you a hand," he says, reaching out a calloused hand to help his new acquaintance up from the wooden floorboards.

"Thank you," Cromthal replies. "I've never been very good with dogs."

Rym smiles. "Yes, I'd noticed," Rym says in an amused tone. "The thing to remember around dogs is that you're in control."

"But I'd told them to stop," Cromthal said, his face looking perplexed. "They did not listen."

"They are dogs, Master Cromthal.. They do not necessarily understand your words, just the tone of your voice. If you act scared, they will not respect you. Now," he says with a chuckle, "weren't you on your way to get a drink? I think I'll join you and get some food." He looks around at the other guests, who have all gone quiet watching the scene. "Nothing more to see here.. Carry on."
Old 02-09-2003, 07:46 PM   #500
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"Yes," she repeated, suddenly finding her tongue. "Please do call me Galadh. Just don't call me Gwend, and if you hear anyone saying that name, Gwend, find me and tell me at once, because it's my brother. He doesn't know I'm here, and I'm not even sure if he's here, but he said he was coming here, and, well, I'm chasing him. He wouldn't let me go with him because I wasn't a man."

The bar was beginning to empty and everyone was returning to their seats. The noise was almost unbearable for Galadh, for the inns back in Gondor, at least near her house, were relatively quiet. She'd only been in a noisy inn once before when her father took her to Minas Tirith. That was loud, she thought.

"Well, now you know my story," she said, sitting down and leaning back. "I mean, why I'm here in the Shire. What business does an Elf have in this land of the halflings?"

[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 02-09-2003, 08:14 PM   #501
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

~~~~~ HIMARAN ~~~~~

PLEASE CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES

-- PIO, SHIRE MODERATOR
Old 02-09-2003, 08:51 PM   #502
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cromthal, who was naturally shy froze as if chained to where he stood and blushed a very deep red as he realized everyone in the room was staring at him. He only moved when Rirrym led him, with a bit of a shove, away from the scene.

"Well, I guess I made a fool of myself didn't I?" he said to Rirrym. "My master had dogs, but I avoided them. I never have trusted dogs."

He sipped absent-mindedly at his ale as Rirrym ate the food he had ordered. What a fool he was! How had he survived wandering alone for that long he wasn't sure. Of course, the wild between his land and the Shire had been pretty tame. He knoew that if he wanted to go further, he should not go alone, as inexperienced as he was.

[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 02-09-2003, 10:06 PM   #503
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Rirrym smiled as he looked up from his plate piled high with food. He didn't know what it was about Cromthal, but he liked him. Maybe they could team up some day... Are you kidding? He would never accept you, you fool... His mind was at it again, it seemed.

"We all need to learn certain lessons when out in the wild. That just happened to be a lesson I learned fairly soon after departing Gondor -- you would have learned it sooner or later, I'm certain." Rirrym's eyes glazed over momentarily as he recalled his run-in with a vicious Warg that had almost left him dead. He shook his head to clear it, taking another bite of his roast potatoes doused in thick gravy.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:43 AM   #504
Endae

Sting

Saved for re-worked post.

Please check your PM's (Private Messages)

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

Old 02-10-2003, 01:25 AM   #505
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Ohh no not this. He couldn't belive what was going on in front of him. All of a sudden Balin was spun around bumping and knocking everthing over.

Well if that mischiefius Elf wanted to make a little trouble he would have it tonight. Erulon wouldn't harm him. He would just teach him a lesson on being kind. Even to those you don't like. No one has the right to harm another for no reason.

He sat down at the table. The fairest Elwen was talking and hiding her face from the scene going on around her. Well now if theres a fight to break out. I'll have Balins side protected. But if he pays mind and waits I'll have a nasty suprise for that Elf.

"Elwen why is it all the excitement happens around your table. Storys strangers you haven't seen in ages finding you. Don't you wish you would be left in your privacy for a while. Look I am here now. Will no one stop pestering you?" As he said this she smiled and giggled at his foolish words ment in jest.

Oh no now hes made that girl cry. Can this get any worse?
Old 02-10-2003, 01:58 AM   #506
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

'I can't find the pie. She's hidden that too well. But here are the cookies she made this morning.' He turned round with the cookie jar tucked under his left arm, his right hand well into it. A smile spread across his face as he pulled out a plump jam filled cookie and popped it in his mouth.

A look of delight followed as he savored the rich crisp cookie and the sweet, thick blackberry jam between the layers. He grinned, a few crumbs escaping his mouth to fall on his tunic front.

'Life is short.' he said, looking at Rie as he picked out another cookie. 'Eat dessert first.'

He popped the cookie in his mouth and picked up his sandwich plate. 'Aah!.' he mumbled, through the half chewed cookie. 'Plenty of mustard, just like I like it!'

He went through the swinging kitchen door, and leaning against it as it met the wall, held it open for Rie.

'Look! Pio's serving up free ale. Let's grab us a couple of pints and sit down there, by the window.'

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-10-2003, 08:13 AM   #507
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OCC: Ok, this isn't the same Sofya as in Holiday in the Sun. I based that character on this chracter

All was normal in the inn. It had been a while since she had been here. Sofiya had considered adventure, but realised she had friends here now.

"Pio," said the young Elf. "How are you doing?" Sofiya's grey eyes looked in amazement at how much Pio's belly had grown.

"I'm fine thankyou." replied the elf. "Would you like a free ale?" Pio grabbed a mug and moved towards the ale 'tap'.

"Oh, no thiankyou Pio." said Sofiya quickly to save Pio the trouble of having an ale with no one to drink it. "I just come here to listen to stories and make friends." Pio smiled and Sofiya walked towards a vacant table. She had no tales to tell, but maybe she could sing...

I've dreamt of traveling near and far,
but nowhere has my dream led.
Maybe one day I'll travel somewhere,
but now I'll stay and make some friends.

Some nearby people, mostly hobbits, loeked towards where the pretty voice came from. Sofiya didn't realise she could sing so well. The people liked it. Sofiya knew not to get on the wrong side of a crowd, so she kept singing.

Good people hear my tale of woe,
My family sailed to valar.
But I would not leave this land of joy,
For it is so beautiful and wonderful.

One day, I'll leave,
But I wont leave yet.
For friends I've made, no friends I had,
Good hobbits hear my tale.

Sofiya had never before realised how much she liked singing. Maybe she would continue later if someone asked her to.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:15 AM   #508
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cromthal noticed Rirrym smiling at him. You better ask now, you may not get another chance He thought to himself. He smiled a small smile at Rirrym and took a deep breath. Your a clumsy, shy, weak bard that was sent away by his master! He'd never ask you to do anything! the other side of his mind said.

"Rir..." he began and then checked himself. Rirrym looked at him.

"Yes?"

Cromthal knew he had a talent for saying the wrong thing and the wrong time, maybe it would be wise not to say anything. NOW! he thought

"Rirrym." he began again, his mouth had suddenly gone dry. "You need a travelling companion and I need someone to keep me out of trouble. The kind I cause and the kind that just seems to find me. W-would you be interested in.....joining me in any adverntures we may encounter in our wandering ways?"

Vague, as usual. he thought. He never had been able to say exactly what he meant. Hopefully Rirrym knew what he was suggesting.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #509
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Bali sat down at the table with a long sigh of relief. "What was that about," asked Burzdol. "Hpmmh, just a little mishap with an elf, nothing to get excited about."

Then he noticed the tall, dark stranger sitting at the table with them, talking low tones to the Lady Nostalwen. Erulon was chatting amiably with Elwen, trying to act like nothing had happened.

Bali sat back and sipped his drink. It was a nice inn, but he already grown tired of the cramped courters, filled with elves - ELVES! If he had been alone with that meddling firstborn for a few minutes outside, the elf would not be a pretty sight to look at. If he tries anything like that again he'll meet a little friend I call Axehead pretty quick!

In truth, Bali longed to be on the open road again, traipsing around unknown paths. Outside, that was what he needed - a breath of fresh air. He excused himself from the table, and walked over to the door. Putting on his coat and grabbing his axe, he slipped out of the inn.

The night air felt good to his hot body. The moon was full and the sky cloudless. Small puffs of breath drifted from his mouth as Bali walked around the lamp-lit yard.

After staying outside for about an hour, he returned to the inn and found his friends all at the same table. Sitting, he sipped at his ale, only to find that it was warm. He went over to the bar and was about to order another, but then stopped himself.
That has been enough ale for one night!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:03 PM   #510
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Erlon had seen how Balin was upsetted by the work of the mischifious Elf. Balin sat down at the table and then got up to get some air.

"Elwen see that prankster Elf over there." He said in a wisper to here.

"If you and your friend want a good laugh watch what happens next."

Balin was outside for the moment and Erulon devised a plan. He took out a purse of coins. Then at the edge of the table he stacked some. Turning to get his Ale he knocked some over in the direction of the Elf. They whent just where he wanted. Erulon put his hand in his pocket and made his way over.

He kneeled down behind the Elf sitting at the table. When the Elf turned his head to the left Erulon put a small blue tablet in his drink. The Elf didn't even notice it. He kept on drinking as Erulon got the last of his coins.

Balin came back in and sat down. "Balin if you want to have a good laugh please look over to the Elf that triped you earlier."

"Balin looked at him and squinted his eyes. What am I looking at orther than a fool who would play dirty jokes on good people."

"Watch him now Balin keep an eye it will happen soon."

They sat there looking for a few moments when the Elf had started to make a gurgling sound. Then blue foam came out of his mouth lots of blue stick foam. It made his whole mouth numb so he couldn't speak.

"Erulon did you do that!" Questioned Balin.

"I have no idea what you mean. I was just looking out that window behind him as where you. But it is funny don't you think. A proper fool should look like one."

Balin and Erulon had a long harty laugh as the Elf whent running around trying to stop the foaming.

"What was that Erulon?"

Now he cam in and wispered to the table. "It is a strange sap that grows by the Blue mountians. It is use to numb a wound. You put it into ale and it foams. Your supposed to us water but I have had the bad luck to have nothing but ale around. You melt it into the water and it numbs the area of the wound. It only works for ten minutes."
Old 02-10-2003, 03:09 PM   #511
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Sting

Astarielle sat alone at the bar, wondering. She took a slow sip of ale and gazed around. A warm smile grew on her face as she heard a tune she had learnt as a child, long ago.It was played by someone with a flute. She nodded as the boy had played it perfectly.

Astarielle liked it here but felt she must go. She knew she would be back soon but when is anyone's guess. But only a guess, for Astarielle travels were ere the wind blows, never knowing where she'll end up but always knows exactly were she has been.

She paused......reluctant to go.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:56 PM   #512
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Burzdol sat and watched the dwarf and man laugh at an elf over farther. I wonder what's wrong with that elf, wait a minute, thats just tree sap from a northern tree. Hah, he'll be numb for a bit. Laughing to himself he kept watching.

"Would you excuse me for a moment please," he said to the maidens at the table, "I'll be back in a moment. Good, I got away for a bit. At least getting drinks gives me an excuse to leave. The long haired elf pondered his father's death. How could this happen, how? He went up to the bar and ordered eight ales, knowing Bali's habits. As he waited he listened to a close table.

"....and I ran to the troll and hacked it with my axe....hiccup....he didn't stand a chance...." the dwarf trailed into a drunken slumber. Roars of laughter at him arose from the table.

"Here are your drinks," the bar tender said as he handed him a tray filled with drinks.

"Thank you," he said as he paid for the ale. Burzdol walked over to the table.

"Ah, more ale," Bali said as soon as he saw the elf.

"Yeah, hear you go, I thought you would want some extra."

"It looks like you know me better than me, hah!" The jolly dwarf rolled with laughter, "I'm just joking, hah hah hah."

"I just thought you would want some. Here Eruantalon," he said as the man took one.

"Thanks."

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]
Old 02-10-2003, 07:01 PM   #513
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Sir," said Champignonne politeley to Drago when the two returned. "Would you like a blanket? It is my extra for my journey. You seem in need. Ellie, eh, she said you were very wet when you came here. We don't want you to catcha cold." As she said this, with the charming smell of mushroom soup wafting throughout the inn, she thought about his confession. *Each to his own* she thought, and though she knew little of the world and magic, she would not hold this against him.

Champignonne had perceived the two very carefully. She had wondered that they had not traveled with each other, for Ellie had such a familiar tone, but then, maybe that was her way.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:26 PM   #514
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Shield

Rirrym put a hand to his lips, swallowing the last of his food before responding. Cromthal must be a mindreader too... he thought to himself. Not daring himself to speak, he merely nodded his assent to travel with Cromthal when they would eventually leave the Inn.

As the bartender arriveed, he thanked him for the delicious food and payed for his meal with a small silver piece he had collected along his travels. He collected his change -- a few copper pieces -- and dropped them into his leather coin pouch. It suddenly occurred to him that he still had to pay for a room -- he hoped there were still some vacancies for the night. "Have you booked a room yet?" he asked Cromthal.

"Yes I have, I did that almost as soon as I arrived. That's where I placed all my belongings besides my harp before coming to dinner," Cromthal replied.

"Oh, right.." Rirrym said. He'd been so preoccupied when he arrived that it hadn't occurred to him to get a place to sleep for the night before now. Well, if worst comes to worst, you can always sleep outside under the oak tree... It would serve you right to sleep there for all your foolishness... Luckily, it turned out there was still a room available, and he hurriedly paid for it, emptying out the copper coins he had recently accrued. He patted his now-empty pouch absentmindedly. I guess you'll be living the hard life from now on, Rirrym...

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: Elladan Peredhil ]
Old 02-10-2003, 08:13 PM   #515
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

The golden head lifted slowly, and Laurie looked around with unseeing eyes at the company surrounding her. How long had she sat there? She could not say... While she had sat, the vision had come to her again. It was stronger, more vivid. She wore the delicate clasp in her hair while her eyes searched over the sea. The waves broke upon the shore with a pounding noise.. or were they calling to her? Laurie could not know the difference. She only knew that she wished to go forward but stood rooted to the ground.

It took a conscience effort for Laurie to return to the inn. She had willed herself back to reality, and the dream made up her mind for her. For a simple girl from the fields of humble Rohan, this was too much, too strange. Laurie picked up her skirts and headed for the rooms. She slipped inside the door that she knew led to Pio's room and sat down to await the innkeeper to arrive.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:29 PM   #516
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cromthal's eyes widened as he saw Rirrym's empty pouch. He frowned a moment.

"Innkeeper," he began "please give Master Rirrym his money back. He shall share my room."

Rirrym gaped at Cromthal as if he had spoken a curse.
"Cromthal are you sure about that?"

Cromthal just laughed, "Of course, my dear Rirrym! My room is much too large for just me, and I have more money anyway." He handed Rirrym his money back. "Here you go."
Old 02-10-2003, 09:05 PM   #517
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Rirrym blushed. "I don't know what to say.. Thank you.." He placed the copper coins back in his pouch, silently vowing to somehow repay Cromthal for his kindness. He looked up, an idea of how to start that repayment coming to mind. "Can I at least buy you another drink then?"

Cromthal accepts the offer and they both toast to the future. As Rirrym finishes his pint, he stiffles a yawn, placing a thin-fingered hand over his mouth. "Excuse me... It's been a long day..."
Old 02-10-2003, 09:37 PM   #518
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rirrym had caught Cromthal in the midst of an exceptionally large yawn.

"Oh excuse me. I guess I am more tired than I thought. Yes bed sounds like a good idea."

As they were heading back to the room, Rirrym asked."If I may be so forward, Cromthal, How do you have so much money?"

Cromthal smiled "My master gave me a goodly amount when I left, and I have used some of it. However, at times, I used my bardic or healing talents to pay for lodging in the odd farmhouse or inn."

"Oh it's cold in this room." He continued. "I assure you, Master Rirrym, I do not snore except when I have a headcold, and I am not at all ill now." Cromthal smirked, helping Rirrym turn down the bed. "And don't be worried about your snoring, if you do, I'm a rather hard sleeper."

Cromthal quickly stripped down to the white linen shift he wore under his robe and climbed in bed. Curling up into his customary ball and pulling the sheet and quilt nearly over his head.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:54 AM   #519
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hiri looked around and saw Astarielle sitting at the bar, sipping her drink and looking quite alone. Walking over, she sat down next to her and ordered another ale. Astarielle turned her head and looked at Hiri, then smiled. "Hullo there! I thought that you had abandoned me."

Embarassed, Hiri hung her head. "I am really most sorry. But please, do not leave. I am planning to spend a night at the inn, and it would be nice to have someone to talk to tomorrow. Will you stay?"
Old 02-11-2003, 07:30 AM   #520
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

"Well I suppose I could stay a while longer." said Astarielle in a soft tone. She sat back down and dipped her finger into the froth on the top of the ale. Lifting it up slowly and looking at it inquisitively she said, "I do believe the barrel needs changing."

Hiri looked surprised but refrained from asking why Astarielle knew this because she already knew the answer, Astarielle was of course an elf.

"Well where have you been all this time, and what have you talked about?"