The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2021, 05:09 PM   #1
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
TIG CXVII: DEAD Thread: By the Waters of Tarn Aeluin

The body fails, but the spirit will not rest. No, they will not go beyond the Circles of the World until they find peace – either in revenge, or in the knowledge that their cause is lost beyond all hope. And all know, hope dies last.

This is the Dead Thread.

Only read on if you are dead.

If you are alive, go back to the Living. The way is shut and the Dead keep it, or something.

IF YOU ARE ALIVE, STOP READING NOW.

SERIOUSLY, STOP.

If you are still reading, you have died in the game. My condolences to you. I hope that you will enjoy this thread as a means of yelling at the GT and doing some low-stress WW shenanigans.

During the Day, the Dead cast a collective vote for a living player. First person to get the max number of votes will have your vote. Remember, that in the event of a tie on the GT, the Dead Vote carries more weight and breaks the tie.

At Night, you may speculate over a piece of information to be delivered to you by the two mods, myself and BeiGei. You may also vote on sending a Ghost to haunt the Living the following Day. You can vote ++No Ghost if you do not wish to send one. Same vote tie rules apply as above.

Enjoy yourselves, O Restless Spirits! And remember: aure entuluva!
Old 04-21-2021, 05:26 PM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Night 2

The heather rustled, though there was no wind. A shadow passed though there were no clouds. A restless spirit was about, refusing even in death to forsake the land of Dorthonion.

A fell voice in the air was heard to speak, though no living soul could hear it: There was at least one wolf who got votes on Day 1.

The Living
Boro
Formendacil
Huinesoron
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Loslote
Morsul
Pitch
Sally
Soriman

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)

It is now Night 2

Greenie, welcome to the Dead Thread! You may post as you wish. ToNight, the thread is all in your power. You may vote for yourself to come back as a Ghost on Day 2 if you so choose.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:14 AM   #3
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
It's not really worth using one of our 3 Ghost appearances on me going back to troll the living, much as I'd love to. So no Ghost toMorrow.

I also won't spend all day talking to myself in here, but just for the record: I don't think I've ever been lynched on Day 1 before! I'm actually rather proud of myself.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:45 AM   #4
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
You're not alone! We're dead too! We'll talk to you!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:01 PM   #5
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Day 2

"Get your filthy paws off me!" Form yelled at the vicious wolves. "Take that! And that!" He looked about in confusion as his blows landed completely harmlessly on the wolves' hides, not preventing them in the slightest from continuing to tear apart his dead body.

The Living
Boro
Huinesoron
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Loslote
Morsul
Pitch
Sally
Soriman

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)

It is now Day 2.

Greenie and Form, you may cast a collective vote that will contribute to the GT. This vote is due at the regular DL. In the event that it causes a tie, it will also break it in favour of your candidate. Since there are only two of you, the first person to get a vote here will receive the Dead vote on the GT, which will be tallied at DL regardless of when you vote.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #6
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I feel rather vindicated.

Not sure I have any justification at all to feel vindicated, but it is sort of nice to be proven innocent AND not have to defend myself against suspicious Day 2-looking back all in one go.

Pity about that "no idea who the wolves are" yet thing. I am inclined to assume I was killed because I left no trail rather than because I looked like a Seer...

Or did I look like a Seer?
Old 04-23-2021, 01:57 AM   #7
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Welcome Form! A questionable honour, but still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
I am inclined to assume I was killed because I left no trail rather than because I looked like a Seer...

Or did I look like a Seer?
I didn't think so. Someone (Lottie? I'm too lazy to check) did point out that your vote was very explicitly not based on the suspiciousness of a particular person but made purely based on post count, which could potentially be read as a Seer not wanting to leave a false trail. Alternatively, if Sally is a wolf, it could have been read as the only plausible way in which you could have justified a vote for her after dreaming her on Night 1, given that she hardly posted. I'm not sure how plausible either of these scenarios are, though.

The other potentially interesting thing to look at is the snippet of information we were given at the end of yesterDay: that at least one wolf received votes yesterDay. Given that I'm officially not a wolf, that leaves one or more wolves among Morsul, Pitch, Huin, Sally and Lottie. It's not a massive revelation given that that's literally half the village, but unless something really dramatic happens toDay, I'd suggest we pick our vote from among those five.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 04-23-2021, 02:06 AM   #8
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Greenie and Form, you may cast a collective vote that will contribute to the GT. This vote is due at the regular DL. In the event that it causes a tie, it will also break it in favour of your candidate. Since there are only two of you, the first person to get a vote here will receive the Dead vote on the GT, which will be tallied at DL regardless of when you vote.
Since there's only two of us and the first vote carries in case of a tie, I think we should try to agree on who to vote for - especially as I won't be around until DL so, if left to my own devices, would need to vote early and thus my less-informed vote would count over yours. Conversely, if you're around at DL (or at least sometime later than me), we could agree on a preliminary candidate or two before I go, but I wouldn't actually vote for them. This would leave you free to change it at your discretion if something major happens after I'm gone, or just to react better to how the Living are voting. Would this make sense?
Old 04-23-2021, 03:21 AM   #9
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I know I said we should vote for one of the five among whom there's definitely at least one wolf, and I still think so, but I'm also getting more curious about Legate. His vote analysis is very convenient - basically saying that the second vote for each of the leading candidates is suspicious but the first isn't (when he was the first to vote for me, which he of course doesn't mention). This bit is also weird -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Interestingly enough, purely based on vibe when looking at the list of votes, Pitch's vote strikes me as rather sinister because he had his opinions, then voted for Hui. And that was at the point when Greenie was leading, and Soriman was left to vote (with it not being sure whether he will). So Pitch's vote was potentially throwaway (if e.g. again the scenario that Hui was a Wolf was true - he would no longer endanger a packmate and at the same time distance himself from him) and at the same time not getting his "hands dirty" in lynching an innocent.
He says Pitch's vote is "sinister" and "potentially throwaway" when he voted to draw Huin with myself. I hope someone questions him on this because by this logic, the only vote that wouldn't have been a sinister throwaway would have been a fourth vote for innocent me. ???
Old 04-23-2021, 07:24 AM   #10
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm around, but on my phone at work, so this is liable to be short than the Form Norm.

I agree with "see how it plays out and have me register an actual vote late-ish."

Of the people who received votes yesterday, I am (given how things ended for me) most suspicious of Sally, but that's more likely revenge than analysis talking.

By the by, G55: it's a moot point since we're probably waiting till nigh the deadline, but HOW will our vote register? I.e. will it only appear in the Day-end narration or will our ghostly avatar speak like a voice from the grave as soon as we have a settled vote here? I assume the former--i.e., we can't influence the game by appearing early and firmly (again, not relevant now, but might be on a future Day).

If this is in the Rules, I fear I have outed myself as a villainous skimmer.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:33 AM   #11
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
By the by, G55: it's a moot point since we're probably waiting till nigh the deadline, but HOW will our vote register? I.e. will it only appear in the Day-end narration or will our ghostly avatar speak like a voice from the grave as soon as we have a settled vote here? I assume the former--i.e., we can't influence the game by appearing early and firmly (again, not relevant now, but might be on a future Day).
The Dead vote will appear at the end of the Day at DL, either right before or even together with the narration. Basically, it will appear as the very last vote of the Day.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:17 PM   #12
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Thanks, G55!

On topic, I kind of like the Morsul theory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
So this is flimsy but I’ll toss it out there Lottie gave me a hard time for not having reads on two people but in Post 123 gave Sally a pass for the like four people she had no read on in her list.

This with her saving Hui

My very flimsy theory entirely contingent on WolfLottie is Sally Lottie Huin pack

Xed Sallyx2
I can't decide if Lottie was suspicious yesterDay or not, but I really did feel like she'd whiplashed over my preference for ferretting out the quiet ones, and--granting I haven't played with her a lot--she does seem a bit off from the one game I do remember, when she proved innocent. And this theory would jive with my Sally suspicions. Not as sure about Hui, but his playing style is "naturally suspicious"," so it's not impossible he's wolven and as the other bandwaggon, it makes some sense that if there was a concerted effort kill you (Greenie) INSTEAD of one of their own, then Hui is the obvious candidate.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #13
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Slotting this theory into the vote-list, it could fit:

Kath --> Morsul
Greenie --> Pitch
Morsul --> Hui
Lommy --> Hui
Legate --> Greenie
Hui --> Greenie
Form --> sally
Boro --> Lottie
Lottie --> Greenie
sally --> no one
Pitch --> Hui

Soriman missed the voting

Hui was the first waggon (i.e. the first lynchee to two votes--and first-to-two as Hui wanted to know [a coded message to packmates?] is almost more like 2.5 votes). The very first vote thereafter is Legate for Greenie and given how the day went, it was easy for Hui to latch on: Greenie is not a member of this possible pack and it doesn't lead back to the pack.

Then I vote and so does Boro and we each vote someone new--which, yes, doesn't make us look great, but it's also totally early enough that someone else could have hopped aboard either Sally or Lottie and made it a three-way tie with Hui losing the draw. Lottie votes to save the pack--i.e. Hui and it's a done deal. Sally leaves no trail and endangers no one.

So... the theory has nothing in the voting record to contradict it. It could explain going after me. Even a clue might be an in-joke for a our mods--maybe all three wolves got a vote!

On the other hand...
Old 04-23-2021, 02:41 PM   #14
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I like your thinking. I'm wondering about the Lottie-Sally pairing too, and Huin does fit in with them. I doubt it can really be that easy (though would be fabulous if it were), but I'd be happy for us to vote for any of them toDay.

I'll still catch up with the other thread and see if anything else catches my eye.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #15
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Votes so far

Morsul > Sally
Sally > Lottie
Kath > Sally [2]
Soriman > Lottie [2]

I think lynching a WolfSally would shed a lot of light, but I also think it would be an easy lynch for the wolves to jump on board because of the "SeerForm" thing. Also, per my last, I have no read on Sally as wolfish except for "SeerForm" logic.

Interrupting myself because Soriman is here and... voting for Lottie with no reasoning other than them being my most likely packmate (but not voting me). Um... what?

But it's nearly 10pm and I'm too tired to stay up and see more. :-/ I think Lottie is likely innocent, and Sally is a coin-toss, so I'm going to put in a vote for my 'most likely wolf' per my last post:

++BOROMIR88

hS
I gotta say... if the Morsul-theory is accurate, this post would sure fit like a glove.

I agree with your last post: while it looks good, surely it's too easy. I feel like there should be a Law about situations like this--Saucepan's Law or something: if it sees to have been uncovered too easily, it's either completely true or it's totally, horrifically wrong.

Hoping for the former option here, obviously.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:55 PM   #16
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Adding on to this Morsul theory... is it too crazy to suggest that Soriman could be a really lucky first-time Seer?

The whole thing feels a bit like Ptolomaic cosmology: it's getting to be a bit convoluted and there's no proving it's TRUE, but it coheres nicely.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:22 PM   #17
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Okay, so I caught up with the Living and now my brain hurts. (It's also midnight here, which doesn't help.) I'm getting very weird vibes off both Boro and Legate at the moment, but I still think we should stick with voting for one of the five who got votes yesterDay - that is, Lottie, Huin, Pitch, Sally, and Morsul. I also still agree with you that Lottie, Huin and Sally look the shiftiest out of those five.

That said, Lottie has been unusually touchy over being suspected, especially toDay but she exhibited some signs of it already yesterDay (I can't remember exactly what this was, but she started talking about self-preservation when she'd got one vote and no one else seemed very suspicious of her). This makes me think possible Gifted as well as possible wolf, so I might want to give her a pass toDay. Besides, the village might kill her anyway.

The tally at the moment looks like
Morsul > Sally
Sally > Lottie
Kath > Sally [2]
Soriman > Lottie [2]
Huin > Boro

I'd be happy going for either Huin or Sally. Huin has perhaps done more dodgy things (well, he has done more in general so maybe that's to be expected), and I think his lynch would tell us more about others. He also isn't a candidate at the moment, so voting for him might serve as a nudge for the village to actually take a closer look at him. Sally, on the other hand, has been weirdly fixated on Lottie toDay, and does have a possible connection (however feeble) to last Night's kill. She also made a weird comment about Pitch somewhere in there that seemed to have been made from a standpoint of knowing Huin is innocent (although I lost the quote now and might have just read it carelessly). It's possibly also worth considering that since Sally's posted relatively little, her lynch arguably wouldn't tell us as much as Huin's. Then again, based on the current tally, she is the one out of those two who actually does stand a chance of getting lynched.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:27 PM   #18
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

As I sympathize with Dead Threads very much, I am almost more excited to see who you guys are gonna vote for than what the Living pick.

++Brinn!

...No?...
Old 04-23-2021, 03:28 PM   #19
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I'd be happy going for either Huin or Sally. Huin has perhaps done more dodgy things (well, he has done more in general so maybe that's to be expected), and I think his lynch would tell us more about others. He also isn't a candidate at the moment, so voting for him might serve as a nudge for the village to actually take a closer look at him. Sally, on the other hand, has been weirdly fixated on Lottie toDay, and does have a possible connection (however feeble) to last Night's kill. She also made a weird comment about Pitch somewhere in there that seemed to have been made from a standpoint of knowing Huin is innocent (although I lost the quote now and might have just read it carelessly). It's possibly also worth considering that since Sally's posted relatively little, her lynch arguably wouldn't tell us as much as Huin's. Then again, based on the current tally, she is the one out of those two who actually does stand a chance of getting lynched.
Huin works for me--even if he's not Wolven, he's probably at the nexus of something there--you might be right about Lottie's jumpiness = Gifted, though I think if there's a Kill toNight and she's alive toMorrow, she looks worse than just about anyone. Huin also probably beats out Sally as a message from the Dead goes, since they'll think "well, the Dead are 50% Form and he had no better ideas."
Old 04-23-2021, 03:29 PM   #20
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
As I sympathize with Dead Threads very much, I am almost more excited to see who you guys are gonna vote for than what the Living pick.

++Brinn!

...No?...
I nearly freaked out that I'd posted on the wrong thread, then I realised that:

A. We have a Cobblermod.

B. She can post on the Dead Thread.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:30 PM   #21
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Adding on to this Morsul theory... is it too crazy to suggest that Soriman could be a really lucky first-time Seer?
This would be fantastic!

I looked up the weird Sally quote I was talking about -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
What some people seem to forget about Pitch and I is that we were packmates in the last game, so I feel like I have a pretty good read on him solely based on that. Besides, and innocent Pitch would be aggravated by someone no voting, while this would obviously have benefited a wolf Pitch because he knew one of Greenie or Hui would die, and if he were a wolf with Hui, he wouldn't have pitched (har har) him for lynching in the first place.
What bothers me here is the underlying assumption that Huin and I were both innocent, and the bit about "if he were a wolf with Hui" looks both like an afterthought and not necessarily logical (as wolves do sometimes pitch their fellows for lynching). This is either wolfish knowledge of people's roles showing through the cracks, or just me going too much into semantics.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:32 PM   #22
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Huin works for me--even if he's not Wolven, he's probably at the nexus of something there--you might be right about Lottie's jumpiness = Gifted, though I think if there's a Kill toNight and she's alive toMorrow, she looks worse than just about anyone. Huin also probably beats out Sally as a message from the Dead goes, since they'll think "well, the Dead are 50% Form and he had no better ideas."
Sadly that's probably true. I do agree with you about Lottie too. If she survives both toDay and tomorrow Night, she's definitely a wolf.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:36 PM   #23
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
This is either wolfish knowledge of people's roles showing through the cracks, or just me going too much into semantics.
Could always be a case of my beloved "both/and."

Huin it is then?

I'll be around till the DL, so I can post it "officially" pending some major mic-drop.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #24
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Huin it is then?

I'll be around till the DL, so I can post it "officially" pending some major mic-drop.
I'm happy with Huin! Or Sally, if the situation were to call for it. (You also have my blessing to change our pick to anyone else if something comes up!) I'm going to sleep now, but I'll be back sometime during the Night to see who our new arrival is
Old 04-23-2021, 04:51 PM   #25
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
I'm happy with Huin! Or Sally, if the situation were to call for it. (You also have my blessing to change our pick to anyone else if something comes up!) I'm going to sleep now, but I'll be back sometime during the Night to see who our new arrival is
The village appears to have taken the vote out of our hands completely... Huin will be lynched irrespective of what our vote is.

After some of the epic bandwaggoning last [strikethrough]year[/strikethrough] Game, I am very wary of this mass Hui-waggon... but if he's a Wolf, they don't need our vote. If he's not a Wolf, no point suggesting we all thought so too (that gives the actual Wolves more cover, I think).

So... in the interests of sending a message to nudge them to keep looking in another direction, I'm going to say: ++ Sally
Old 04-23-2021, 04:54 PM   #26
Formendacil
Dead Serious

I will say though that, if Innocent (as is my Death-throes read), Hui throws a major wrench into the "Morsul Theory." Might have to start from scratch...
Old 04-23-2021, 05:02 PM   #27
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, uh... welcome aboard, Hui.

Got any good theories?
Old 04-23-2021, 05:06 PM   #28
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Well, uh... welcome aboard, Hui.

Got any good theories?
I theorise that it is well past bedtime. -_- Also that I was royally set up by /someone/. I'll read through here in the morning.

Sorry about Day One, Greenie.

hS
Old 04-23-2021, 05:17 PM   #29
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I did not wait until tomorrow.

I don’t really know what was going on in the voting out there. At least me being dead makes the Night 2 Tidbit more informative, because there's less people there to be that 'at least one wolf'? I'm more inclined to it being Pitch or Sally than the other two.

I love the idea that Soriman could be a very out-of-their-depth Seer.

I do object to this, though:

Quote:
Hui was the first waggon (i.e. the first lynchee to two votes--and first-to-two as Hui wanted to know [a coded message to packmates?] is almost more like 2.5 votes).
Using the Admin thread for gameplay like that would be cheating. If I were a wolf and had wanted to use the question as a message, I would have asked it in the Game thread.

hS
Old 04-23-2021, 05:19 PM   #30
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I do object to this, though:

Using the Admin thread for gameplay like that would be cheating. If I were a wolf and had wanted to use the question as a message, I would have asked it in the Game thread.

hS

Fair.

In my defence, I only remembered THAT you had asked, not on which thread, and it was the fact of asking that stuck out to me.

I do wonder if you've been railroaded--I mean, I obviously think it most likely, but I have flashbacks to Last Game™, when the village mass-lynched themselves into extinction.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:26 PM   #31
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Night 3

As the restless spirits grew in number, so did their determination to defend their land, in life and in death. They whispered in the Night, lamenting their fate and that of their companions. But the stars twinkled brightly, and as the white moon rose, a thought occurred to all of them at once, as if sent to them by one greater than they.

So far, only one gifted received votes.

The Living
Boro
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Loslote
Morsul
Pitch
Sally
Soriman

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)
Hui (Day 2 - Ordo)

It is now Night 3.

You may vote on sending a Ghost toMorrow; you have all 3 hauntings available. The first person with the most votes at Daybreak will haunt the village. If the majority of votes say ++No Ghost, there will not be a haunting.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:12 AM   #32
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huin
Sorry about Day One, Greenie.
Well, we were planning to vote for you on Day Two, so I'd say we're even. Form, for the record, I think you made the right choice in casting our vote for Sally. I just had a look at what happened after I went to sleep yesterDay and god what a turnaround!

Putting together the information from our tidbits, then. We know that
a) there is at least one wolf among Sally, Morsul, Pitch and Lottie, and
b) there is only one gifted among Sally, Morsul, Pitch, Lottie and Boro.

My first observation from this is that the votes have been concentrated on a surprisingly small number of people. I'm astonished that eg. Legate hasn't been voted for once during the entire game despite all his antics. Also, based on this information, my theory of Lottie as a potential gifted still looks plausible. But this also means that there are TWO gifteds among the ones who haven't been voted for, namely Kath, Legate, Lommy, and Soriman. I was actually wondering on Day 1 whether Legate's comments about being hunter-gatherers was a hint - but I'm also of the school that thinks a Hunter doesn't really benefit from hinting.

I'd like to do a reread of the entire Living Thread today if I have the time, to see if I can make some sense out of all of this. My immediate thought is that it might be time to revisit my Day 1 suspicion of Pitch.

Oh, and last thing we might want to consider - do we want to send out a Ghost? I'm not sure how much insight we have, but then, we do get three Ghost appearances, and the game might not last much longer than three Days now. Technically (read: if I did the maths right), they only need two successful Night kills and the lynch of an innocent toMorrow, and we have ourselves a wolf victory. On the bright side, all three of the gifted are still around too, and with smaller numbers they are arguably more likely to hit their respective targets right.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:25 AM   #33
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

I think we've only got a Ranger and Seer in this game, haven't we?

The Ghost question: I agree on the maths (and panicked last night when I thought we'd started with 10 and were thus facing a wolf win toNight!). We now have two pieces of information the Living don't, so the questions are: can we accurately convey those, and do we want to?

My instinct is that it should be possible to put together a quote-post for each Tidbit; I'll have a try at it today. But for the other... we have at least one wolf pinned down to, er... half of the village, and we know something about the Gifted, which isn't usually something you want to share.

... just occurring to me now is Thing C that we know:

c) Either Legate, Lommy, Soriman, or Kath is the other Gifted.

And of course the Ghost doesn't have to reveal everything at once. If, say, the Ranger died toNight, and then someone from the same half of the village claimed Seer, the Ghost would know and be able to say that they were a lying Wolf. And with a potential loss toMorrow, a Seer claim wouldn't overly surprise me.

I'm wary of sending one just to convey our theories, though; was it last game that the Dead were just as hilariously wrong as the Living the entire game?

hS
Old 04-24-2021, 04:26 AM   #34
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
I think we've only got a Ranger and Seer in this game, haven't we?
You're right! I have no idea where I got the Hunter from
Quote:
Originally Posted by huin
I'm wary of sending one just to convey our theories, though; was it last game that the Dead were just as hilariously wrong as the Living the entire game?
Very true, myself included I agree there's a certain risk here, because while the Living know all of us are ordos, they also know we're getting snippets of information from the moddess. So anything not articulated clearly enough could be read as special knowledge even if it's just us making "informed" guesses.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:54 AM   #35
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I had a read through the game thread, and (surprise) it confused more than clarified things for me. I made some notes, but not sure how much use they'll be until we get toNight's kill (or lack thereof). A few things that stood out:

- Lottie is very concerned about being suspected and/or voted for. I think she's the most likely gifted out of those who've received votes, but as discussed here previously, if someone is killed toNight and it isn't her, I'm going to re-evaluate.

- Lommy and Pitch both voted Huin on both Days while insisting (Pitch on both Days, Lommy on D2) that they'd have preferred to go for someone else. Both also ended yesterDay with lots of questionmarks, expletives, and random strings of consonants. Possibly too brazen if they're both wolves, but this epic show of "look how innocent and clueless I am" makes me think at least one of them is a wolf.

- Speaking of Lommy, a lot of people seemed to be kind of soft-suspecting her but not doing much about it - including at least Sally, Lottie, Pitch, and Morsul.

- Kath is voting very safely (Morsul on D1, Sally on D2).

- Boro is creepy.

- Sally is visibly buddying up to both Boro and Pitch; Boro reciprocates. She also has that weird post I quoted earlier in this thread that looks like she already knew Huin was innocent. + She talks about having a good read on Pitch based on them being wolves together last game, which would again be pretty brazen if they were wolves together in this game.

Overall, I'd say our wolves could be
- one of Sally or Pitch, but probably not both
- one of Lommy and Pitch, but probably not both
- Boro for general creepiness, or Kath for keeping her nose clean? Or both?
Old 04-24-2021, 05:34 AM   #36
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

I'll look over what you've just posted later, Greenie, but first I want to muck about with quotes. ^_^ I've been putting together a Spectral Lexicon, starting with how to say where the information comes from, and then trying to find ways to point at specific people.

I've limited myself to the "published Legendarium fiction" texts: Hobbit, LotR, Silm, UT, and the three Great Tales. The rules don't actually require this! We could quote from the Letters if we wanted, though I'm not sure how much help it would be.

Citing the Mods:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silm: Ainulindale
And it came to pass that Ilúvatar called together all the Ainur and declared to them a mighty theme, unfolding to them things greater and more wonderful than he had yet revealed; and the glory of its beginning and the splendour of its end amazed the Ainur, so that they bowed before Ilúvatar and were silent.
Citing the Seer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotK: The Passing of the Grey Company
‘And what may be the words of the seer?’ said Legolas.
Citing 'this is just our belief':

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Shadow of the Past
But at last I can carry on the story, I think.
Five of the survivors are pretty easy to indicate:

Boro:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Council of Elrond
`Here,' said Elrond, turning to Gandalf, `is Boromir, a man from the South.
Legate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT: The Disaster of the Gladden Fields (footnote)
Amon Lanc, "Naked Hill," was the highest point in the highland at the south-west corner of the Greenwood, and was so called because no trees grew on its summit.
Soriman:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Council of Elrond
And I would ask this also. What of Saruman?
Pitch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Flies and Spiders
It then became pitch-dark—not what you call pitch-dark, but really pitch: so black that you really could see nothing.
Morsul:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Riddles in the Dark
I guess it’s a choice feast; at least a tasty morsel it’d make us, gollum!
The other four I think can only be easily clued when it's obvious we're clueing names:

Sally:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoG: The Tale of the Fall of Gondolin
Thither too fared Salgant atremble at the tidings, and other nobles beside of less blood but better heart.
Kath:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: A Journey in the Dark
He is surer of finding the way home in a blind night than the cats of Queen Berúthiel.
Lottie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Roast Mutton
“Yes, lots,” said Bilbo, before he remembered not to give his friends away.
Lommy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silm: Of Turin Turambar
As thralls thy mother and thy sister live in Dor-lómin, in misery and want.
(I wanted to use 'Lomion', but the only Silm quote is a huge sentence.)

And some possible actually-informative lines.

There is one wolf in this group/this person is a wolf:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: A Journey in the Dark
At a gap in the circle a great dark wolf-shape could be seen halted, gazing at them.
There are multiple wolves in this group:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotK: The Siege of Gondor
More than one host may issue from it, and strike for more than one passage.
This person is innocent:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT: The History of Galadriel and Celeborn
Thus the Dwarves of Moria may be presumed to have been innocent of the ruin of Doriath and not hostile to the Elves.
I'd appreciate a Mod nudge if any of these would be unacceptable for some reason.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 04-24-2021 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Removing random line-breaks.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:38 AM   #37
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

1. There is definitely no Hunter in this game. I did not screw up that badly.

2. Hui, those quotes look fine. I can't see a reason why they would not be allowed.

3. How did I know that you'd be the one doing this, if you ever ended up in the DT?
Old 04-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #38
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Fair.

In my defence, I only remembered THAT you had asked, not on which thread, and it was the fact of asking that stuck out to me.
That's fair. No problem then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post

3. How did I know that you'd be the one doing this, if you ever ended up in the DT?
Yeah, I'm very in-character here.

Unfortunately I also have a splitting headache and am already exhausted, so please don't make me a ghost, gang. (Honestly this close to my death I'd probably be tempted to troll them all day long anyway...)

Thinking now about my judicial murder yesterday: the wolves know that they will likely be at 3:5 today. If they can get one ordo to vote with them, that gets them a tie, and probably the game. So: could Boro be innocent, and two of Pitch, Lommy, and Legate wolves, banking on Boro being so convinced of the obviousness of my guilt that he won't think anything of their agreeing with it?

Generally, I agree with Greenie. ^_^ I'm sorry, I'm not being much use toNight, but I was up really late yesterDay.

I think sending a Ghost might be good - not necessarily to try and pass stuff on immediately, but to be there for reactions. I'm happy for either of you to return .

hS
Old 04-24-2021, 12:16 PM   #39
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Oh [EXPLETIVE], we have to settle on a Ghost before Daybreak. I was zoning out in a sort of warm weekend laziness/parenting sense of "eh, things can ramp up during the Day," but I guess that's not strictly true.

I am pro-Ghost: we have info and especially if the Wolves get a kill tonight, we need to convey info. It can be anyone: I'm around toMorrow, including toward the DL, but it's a weekend, so I could be scattershot or really available depending on the toddler.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:18 PM   #40
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Unfortunately I also have a splitting headache and am already exhausted, so please don't make me a ghost, gang. (Honestly this close to my death I'd probably be tempted to troll them all day long anyway...)

Thinking now about my judicial murder yesterday: the wolves know that they will likely be at 3:5 today. If they can get one ordo to vote with them, that gets them a tie, and probably the game. So: could Boro be innocent, and two of Pitch, Lommy, and Legate wolves, banking on Boro being so convinced of the obviousness of my guilt that he won't think anything of their agreeing with it?

Generally, I agree with Greenie. ^_^ I'm sorry, I'm not being much use toNight, but I was up really late yesterDay.

I think sending a Ghost might be good - not necessarily to try and pass stuff on immediately, but to be there for reactions. I'm happy for either of you to return .
That's understandable. Hope you feel better soon

I'd love to try being the Ghost, but I'll be at a family thing more or less all Day toMorrow. Form, would you like to haunt the village? (I'd be happy to do it another Day if we get one!)

Last edited by A Little Green; 04-24-2021 at 12:19 PM. Reason: x-ed with Form