The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2021, 03:12 PM   #41
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Roger Roger Mr Roger Dodger
Old 04-24-2021, 06:28 PM   #42
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
A gentle reminder that Ghost quotes must be full sentences. Do not delete what you have up, Form, but in future please put your communication in full sentence quotes.
Whoops!

I zeroed in on "at least five words" and missed the full sentences bit.

Only saw your post after I'd dug up those last five.

Do you want me to delete/modify that last (post-warning) post?
Old 04-24-2021, 06:31 PM   #43
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
No, I don't think it's fair to delete anything in WW once some people may have already seen it. And since this is the first time the Ghost role is in play, I think a bit of leniency and real-time adaptation is in order. So these ones get a pass and a warning, but in the future Ghosts should do full sentences only.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:32 PM   #44
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
No, I don't think it's fair to delete anything in WW once some people may have already seen it. And since this is the first time the Ghost role is in play, I think a bit of leniency and real-time adaptation is in order. So these ones get a pass and a warning, but in the future Ghosts should do full sentences only.
Full sentences only, commencing now.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:04 AM   #45
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I don’t necessarily know where this goes but there’s now a movie based on the Werewolf game
Old 04-25-2021, 08:26 AM   #46
Formendacil
Dead Serious

For the future clarification of rules: is the Ghost permitted to put an "X-posted with" edit into his/her posts? And is the Ghost permitted to indicate with whom?

It's normal WW courtesy... but it does seem that that might permit more clarification than the role admits.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:00 AM   #47
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
For the future clarification of rules: is the Ghost permitted to put an "X-posted with" edit into his/her posts? And is the Ghost permitted to indicate with whom?

It's normal WW courtesy... but it does seem that that might permit more clarification than the role admits.
I think for now let's say no, for the reason you say... But subject to change based on the feedback from toDay.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:11 PM   #48
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Seer clarification

If the Seer is lynched, they do not get a dream toNight.

If the Seer is Night-killed, they will still dream that Night, as the dreaming happens before their death at Daybreak.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:10 PM   #49
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Aaaa I just realized you called him FormerForm in the narration. Happy noises
Old 04-26-2021, 11:53 AM   #50
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Ghost Rules

After getting some feedback - thank you all - the Ghost role will remain as is.
- posting full sentence Tolkien quotes
- no limits to how many posts, or how often
- no limits to how many quotes per post
- do not indicate cross-posting
Old 04-27-2021, 05:03 PM   #51
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tried deleting my post dL post in the game thread doesn’t seem to delete but it doesn’t have game altering information

Edit: nevermind I wasn’t clicking the delete message bubble just the button. Weirdly enough a site made in 01 doesn’t play well with phones

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 04-27-2021 at 05:08 PM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #52
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Tried deleting my post dL post in the game thread doesn’t seem to delete but it doesn’t have game altering information

Edit: nevermind I wasn’t clicking the delete message bubble just the button. Weirdly enough a site made in 01 doesn’t play well with phones
If you accidentally cross-post with the DL, that's fine, happens all the time. It's just if you vote, the vote doesn't get counted if it's at the :01 mark.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:20 AM   #53
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A Reminder

Soriman, if you are alive toMorrow, remember to vote. Missing a vote 2 Days in a row means you are out of the game - which in the current situation means that whichever side you are on, you will not be able to claim victory of survival if you make it through the Day.