The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
TheSquireof Aragorn
Animated Skeleton

TheSquireof Aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe ROTK game good? bad?

I've been playing ROTK, and I'm still trying to beat it (what a loser). But i think it is a pretty good game, a little weak on the plot accuracy, but i think it was done to attract more gamers who aren't into LOTR very much. As a Tolkien fan this game definetley appeals to me. The only reason I'm posting this is because I've heard some mixed reviews about the game, some people love it, others hate it. So what does everyone think about it?
Old 12-08-2003, 04:30 PM   #2
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I rented the game over Thanksgiving weekend - beat it, and loved it. It had really great graphics (I loved the transitions between the real movie and the game version). It was tons of fun when I was able to unlock the 'secret characters' and was able to play all the characters (after I'd won) in whatever level I wanted. Who would have thought; Pippin or Frodo at the Paths of the Dead [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:12 PM   #3
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You rented it for only a weekend and beat it?!! I've had it for a month and I can't beat the "Pelennor Fields"; not even in two-player mode with my brother!!! Other than that, I think it's an awesome game; the best of the trilogy games.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:04 PM   #4
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

I had it for a week and beet it. But I think it is time to buy it. I love the graphics(wadda ya know I am studiing to be a computer animator) they are so cool. Like wne fighting you suddenly realize that this is not an orc, its one of the good guys. I could go on for days on this subject of the textures alone...
Old 12-08-2003, 09:07 PM   #5
TheSquireof Aragorn
Animated Skeleton

TheSquireof Aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I agree ,the changes from movie to gameplay are awesome. I'm really impressed with ROTK this time around, compared to the TTT game which i almost beat in 3 hours, but i'm happy to say this game offers some challenges. Although it can be frustrating at times [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] . On a side note, is their anyone who didn't like the game? I'm just curious.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:39 AM   #6
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Sting

Split opinion. My gamer side gives the game 8.8/10 and my Tolkien side gives it 2/10. Well the 2 points for getting the names correct. Abd it lost points with my gamer side 'cause 'twas too short I mean c'mon it took me under a day if you count the hours I played lets see hmm..... yep about 4 hours.

hmm 200 posts.
and thats a double century

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:40 AM December 09, 2003: Message edited by: Sleepy Ranger ]</font>

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:12 AM December 10, 2003: Message edited by: Sleepy Ranger ]
Old 12-09-2003, 07:28 PM   #7
Sauron_the_Abhorred
Animated Skeleton

Sauron_the_Abhorred has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

got the game, loved it, wont stop playint till age 53456562423753566 [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Sauron_the_Abhorred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:33 AM   #8
lord_of_rohan2003
Animated Skeleton

lord_of_rohan2003 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I haven't played it yet but if it's like TTT I probably wont like it much.I think im the only video game loser here who couldn't beat that game,I mean come on it seemed I had to hit the damn buttons 20 times just to get them to swing their weapons and most times in mid execution some smelly orc hit me and stoped my attempt [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] So after a few more attempts to force myself to like it I ended up taking it to the game shop and used it for trade and got a much better game..Vice City [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
lord_of_rohan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:49 PM   #9
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

It seems better but it is also, a bit more tiedious. Better graphics and the gameplay is not too bad, but then again my gamer friend has to keep asking me to help him on the game. I guess it is all a matter of taste. Try it during a weekend or a break. just keep trying.