The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-30-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting The Lord of the Movies

Here is yet another parody of the "Lord of the Rings." I've started with the narration of Galadriel up to a point, and I leave the rest up to others who wish to continue the story. I will post other sections from time to time, but for now I'll just get this thread started.

The Lord of the Movies

It began with the forging of the great movies. Three movies were given to the elves, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven to the dwarf lords, great actors and set builders. And nine, nine movies were given to the race of men who above all else desire entertainment.
For within these movies was bound the strength and will to govern each race. But they were all of them deceived. For another movie was made. In the land of New Zealand deep in the heart of the country the dark Lord Peter Jackson forged in secret a master movie to control all others. And into this movie her poured his time, his effort and his will to dominate all entertainment. One by one the free movie theatres fell to the power of the movie. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of Harry Potter and Star Wars marched against Elijah Wood and his menacing co-stars. On the plains of New Zealand they fought for the Freedom of all entertainment. Victory was near. But the power of the movie could not be undone. It was in this moment when all hope had faded that Harry Potter son of James Potter took up his father’s lightsabre and PJ the enemy of all free entertainment was defeated. The movie passed to Harry who had this one chance to destroy good entertainment forever. But the hearts of men are easily corrupted. And the movie of power has a will of its own. It betrayed Harry to his death; and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend, legend became myth. And for one whole year the movie passed out of all theaters. Until when chance came it ensnared a new owner. The movie came to the creature DVD, who took it deep into the slot in the DVD player and there it consumed the watcher. The movie brought to the watcher an unnatural amount of time in front of the home theater. For 217 minutes it captured its mind. And in the gloom of the DVD player it waited. Darkness crept back to New Zealand. Rumor grew of a shadow in the movie theater. Whispers of a nameless fear. And the movie of power perceived. It abandoned the DVD player and something happened then that the movie did not intend...
Old 01-30-2004, 05:09 PM   #2
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

We don't do add-on fan fictions here, at least not when I catch them in time.

Discuss things!