The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #241
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++G55

There's no one else I would want at this point, and it could say a lot about Legate, Pitch, and Rikae.

x/d with Kit
Old 05-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #242
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Galadriel55

I think this lynch gives us the most information going forward, and I would be very surprised if she turns out to be innocent.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #243
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
++ Macalaure

Maybe flimsy, but that post (#196) where he says he doesn't know who to vote for, lists a few people he feels good about, comes up with a decent argument against Brinniel and finishes with calling an earlier post by her "wolfie", is the single most suspicious thing I've seen toDay.

EDIT: x-ed since my last post, slow down people!!!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #244
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I see Urwen has jumped in out of nowhere to vote for G55. Would a wolf really be so careless?
I have no clue about that one... probably because I've been absent from the Downs for awhile so I don't know everyone's in-jokes besides those I've known for years. Far as I can tell, that's a throw away vote?
A joke to be safe and without anything of substance to refer to I can't tell the m.o.

As much as I'd love more time to deliberate between my suspicions of those flocking to the G55-Rikae and L-P-G debates, I'm settling with my original suspicions in post #194:

++Brinniel
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #245
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So, just putting this here because I think this could be important later. This Brinn-wagon everyone's talking about is two votes at this point, mine and Pitch's.

And the people who expressed concern about it are Huey, Lottie and Inzil, in that order (let me know if I missed someone).

Now, I found Pitch suspicious from the beginning, although just for vibes really, and Brinn could have started looking like a convenient vote. On the other hand, three people pushing back on a wagon for coming out of nowhere after two reasoned votes (by day 1 standards) is odd, too, especially if Brinn turns out wolfish or the trolley is redirected toward an innocent. Lottie's and Inzil's positions in the anti-Brinnwagon-wagon are, that is - Huey's is pretty bold.

Edit: X'd with everything since Shasta #233

Last edited by Rikae; 05-05-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #246
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, caught up to #212 now and probably can't hang around time-wise.

The fake vote discussion has mostly focused on G55, Legate, and Pitch. Now we've had people suspecting G55 and Legate, people suspecting Pitch for suspecting Legate, and I think Legate (correct me if I'm wrong) at one point suspecting those who suspected Pitch for suspecting him. For the moment, I'm inclined to believe that Legate and Pitch are innocent. I'm not sure about G55, especially given her recent argument with Rikae, but I'm not convinced it makes her guilty. The reason I'm bringing this whole thing up is not to rehash this, but actually to point out that Zil, Brinn, and Lommy were also around then and lightly interacted with the topic, but as far as I remember without really addressing the fact that suspicions were being flung around (at least until later). I wouldn't be surprised if one of them were a wolf just going with the flow.

I also think there's something interesting going on between Legate, Pitch, and Mac which warrants more observation, but while I feel like someone among them may be suspicious, I really can't tell who it is.

I also agree with those that have said Boro is acting weird, but there will be more time for him to incriminate himself if he is guilty, and he's not suspicious enough for me to vote for him without hearing what he has to say for himself.

As for who I'm going to vote for? Urwen. They have made 2 posts: 1 that doesn't really make sense, and one vote. No discussion or engagement with what is being discussed. This seems like either a wolf who doesn't want to make any comments that could come back to bite them, a cobbler who is just messing with us, or an innocent who is not helping the village and is voting out of spite (as claimed in their most recent vote-post). Based on this:

++ Urwen
Old 05-05-2020, 02:45 PM   #247
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
15 minutes update

Day1 - votes

Lhuna -> Lhuna
Rikae -> Brinniel
G55 -> Rikae
Boro -> Pitchwife
Urwen -> G55
Pitchwife -> Brinniel 2
Kath -> G55 2
Shasta -> Pitchwife 2
Kitanna -> Pitchwife 3
Inzil -> G55 3
Lottie -> G55 4
Greenie -> Macalaure
THE Ka -> Brinniel 3
Eönwë -> Urwen

8 votes (possibly) to come.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #248
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm not incredibly comfortable with Greenie's or Eonwe's votes here.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #249
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ummm, I think we should collectively start turning up earlier before the DL because there's so many of us

Greenie has a solid point on Mac.

Brinn's read on Kit is very different from mine. Interesting. While Kit's reading of Brinn is weird too - it's like a brinnwolf couldn't be a little clumsy (anyone can!), or innocent!Brinn couldn't be a little wishywashy. I very much don't think Brinn is the cobbler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I would much rather vote for G55 or Pitch over Brinn. Let's try not to split the vote between them, though - I suspect they are both wolves, so I don't especially mind which one gets lynched, as I think either one will tell us a lot about the other.
Quite a bold statement for Day1 and pretty much out of nowhere??

Of the currently voted people, I would prefer not to lynch Lhuna or Rikae. Maybe not Pitch either.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #250
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Quite a bold statement for Day1 and pretty much out of nowhere??
I've said that I think they're a wolf pair a couple of times now.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #251
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
It occurs to me that by hijacking Greenie's post I failed to give a read on Greenie herself - there were things I liked (the Brinniel read) and things I didn't (the Rune/Kitanna discrepancy, which may be an overblown title but it sounds fancy so I'll probably keep using it; the reads on Ka/Eonwe/Inzil/etc) - she's not a direction I'm interested in going today, at least.
The Rune/Kitanna discrepancy is a thing now!

Okay, if I was a man of ideals I would vote Eonwe now. Not much to go on, but I really did not like how he flipped on Legate, and somebody made a point of his list being blant, which I also found valid.

I am however an pragmatic (not opportunist), and I believe Pitch to be innocent. I am torn between G55 and Brinniel, G55 is confusing and gives off both types of vibes, and Brinniel acts suspicious but it might be accidental.

++Brinniel

Edit:Crossed with every one from #244

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 05-05-2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: x'ed
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:49 PM   #252
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Let's make this more interesting then

++Galadriel55
Old 05-05-2020, 02:49 PM   #253
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay. So, here I have spent the last minutes debating who to vote for if it looks like Kitanna may not be a vote anyone would go for (even though with these numbers still possible), and considering whether voting Brinn would make sense, meanwhile anyway stuff started happen, but also among other things Kitanna posted her analyses. That made me think I might want to reserve my judgment. They looked kinda genuine (like would a Wolf bother with those? Unless exactly, she - even as Wolf - can't keep up with the thread and simply opts for the "safe thing").

Next - Brinn and all. Of the names that came up now, I'd vote for her the most, chiefly because her death could reveal a lot. There have been a number of people speaking about her whose posts may be REALLY interesting to look at in the light of her lynch, especially if she turned out to be Wolf. Namely, first and foremost among them at least as far as I am concerned, Greenie.

Also since other people I'm wary of seem to be kinda circling around not voting Brinn. Such as Eönwë.

Ok blueeeiiiaggh time's running out. Will check and try to make sense and vote.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:50 PM   #254
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I pop in for a 2 minute break, and whoa. So here come the analyses posts. And thanks Kit for a summary on Brin
Old 05-05-2020, 02:50 PM   #255
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
I would much rather vote for G55 or Pitch over Brinn. Let's try not to split the vote between them, though - I suspect they are both wolves, so I don't especially mind which one gets lynched, as I think either one will tell us a lot about the other.
Yeah; this is why I went with 'if necessary', and why I've held my vote longer than I intended. A wolf/wolf split vote lynching an innocent would be a nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
This Brinn-wagon everyone's talking about is two votes at this point, mine and Pitch's.
Possible terminology difference? I originally used 'Brinn-wagon' to mean the sudden suspicion of her, which came from a lot more people. I've since switched to meaning something like 'the possibly impending lynch because of the above'. I know the actual votes cast are low, don't worry.

The tally right now is is 4 Brinn, 3 Pitch, 5 G55. To avoid Brinn being last-minute wagonned, my best shot is to go:

++GALADRIEL55

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #256
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ok, out of the options definitely, and for future knowledge

++Brinniel
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-05-2020, 02:52 PM   #257
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Eönwë voting Urwen - really?? Isn't that the most throwaway vote you could possibly make, especially when her two posts so far seem to indicate that she's totally out of her depth here?

Greenie on Mac is only slightly less throwaway, as there's actually been suspicion on him.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:52 PM   #258
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And whoa, the votes.

Can I just say, Bad idea? I will turn out to be *very* innocent.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:52 PM   #259
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Brinniel

Best I can come up with. I know my points kind of came out of nowhere, but I don't know what that's supposed to be "the single most suspicious thing". I'm a bit tight on time near the deadline today.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #260
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
The tally right now is is 4 Brinn, 3 Pitch, 5 G55. To avoid Brinn being last-minute wagonned, my best shot is to go:
I have a very, very urgent feeling that if I have ever seen a Wolf saving a fellow Wolf from a bandwagon, this might just be it. (Would it be so blatant? But in this big village, I guess every Day counts!)
Old 05-05-2020, 02:54 PM   #261
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry, G55. I don't really find you that suspicious, but I need to save myself.

++Galadriel55
Old 05-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #262
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Sorry, G55. I don't really find you that suspicious, but I need to save myself.
Fair enough, but if I die now there won't be anyone to save you later on.

I am the Ranger. Are you gonna waste the lynch?
Old 05-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #263
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
5 minute update

Day1 - votes

Lhuna -> Lhuna
Rikae -> Brinniel
G55 -> Rikae
Boro -> Pitchwife
Urwen -> G55
Pitchwife -> Brinniel 2
Kath -> G55 2
Shasta -> Pitchwife 2
Kitanna -> Pitchwife 3
Inzil -> G55 3
Lottie -> G55 4
Greenie -> Macalaure
THE Ka -> Brinniel 3
Eönwë -> Urwen
Rune -> Brinniel 4
Lommy -> G55 5
Huines -> G55 6
Legate -> Brinn 5
Macalaure -> Brinn 6
Brinniel -> G55 7
Old 05-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #264
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

So Brinn and G55 both at 6, but G55 the one to be a goner so far? With curious last minute posts from several people here! ToMorow will be iiiiiinteresting...

edit: xed with a bunch holy help
Old 05-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #265
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post

*facepalm*
Old 05-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #266
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Not that I would be able to save you now anyways, but at least I would have to be a "wasted" Night kill rather than a lynch, which should be for a wolf.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #267
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:

Oh heck.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #268
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
And whoa, the votes.

Can I just say, Bad idea? I will turn out to be *very* innocent.
Oh frell.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #269
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hmmm 2 votes for Brinn, anyone?
Old 05-05-2020, 02:57 PM   #270
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Brinn is the only viable option who hasn't claimed to be the Ranger. Vote Brinn if you haven't voted yet. I'm sorry if you're innocent Brinn.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #271
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I have a very, very urgent feeling that if I have ever seen a Wolf saving a fellow Wolf from a bandwagon, this might just be it. (Would it be so blatant? But in this big village, I guess every Day counts!)
What you're seeing is my word use breaking down because I spent ten mi utes trying to get this post typed on my phone and then realised the time. /After/ repeatedly updating the tallies at the end; it was 3/3/4 when I started!

I'm really suspicious of the let's lynch Brinn movement; I think there's a wolf deep inside it. As I said a few posts back, I'd rather have gone Pitch, but voted G55 as far more likely than Brinn.

hS
Old 05-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #272
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Sorry to hear that. I think I would look at the bandwagon against both of us toMorrow.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #273
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Has everyone voted?
Old 05-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #274
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I've been stuck on a call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #275
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Uhh
Old 05-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #276
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Oh heck just saw.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #277
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Bwahaha, suuuuure
Old 05-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #278
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Because I can't catch up in time and I'll do anything to save the maybe ranger.

++Brinn

I do not like this at all, but it's the best I can do right now.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #279
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Vote Brinn if you can. Anyone who was here and didn't vote Brinn should be considered very suspicious toMorrow.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-05-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: xed with a bunch
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:00 PM   #280
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

DEADLINE: PLEASE CEASE ALL POSTING!

All the votes cast with a timestamp of xx:00 are counted, all later votes are disqualified.

A narration will follow as soon as possible, in about half an hour.

ADD: Both Brinn and G55 ended up with 7 votes, but because G55 reached the votes earlier, she will be quarantined.