The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #121
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
And if Agan is not a wolf, I'm a known innocent with no ranger and therefore dead. Bummer.
Well you should still get one more day than me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
Agan was about to get lynched when she (you are a she, right?) revealed she was Galadriel.
No, my personal title is "Woman of Secret Shadow" just to mess with your heads. (I am, and I know it's long since we've played.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
The wolves went for Boro for some reason, and left Agan alive
They did. The narration was clear about it, as well as about Nimrodel not knowing Boro was drowning not far away.

Really though I must ask - if I was a wolf impersonating the seer, why would I kill no-trace one-liner Boro when his death doesn't offer even a scrap of an excuse for why I'm still alive?

Quote:
[*]Then Agan goes out and gives us a "known" Ordo (Rikae). Why would she do that?
Why does a seer ever reveal her dreams?

Quote:
In other words, she encouraged our last remaining gifted to drop hints of her identity... why? What does she win by showing herself on Day 2 when (presumably) she isn't under suspicion?
Exactly! Which is why I didn't out her straight away when I could have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
I think McCaber was in a pretty safe position to try a little Wolf-on-Wolf action, or at least cast a safe vote with iffy reasoning.
I would never let a fellow wolf-on-wolf me on day 1, not unless I was sure I'd been seer dreamed. His vote was iffy but I don't think iffy in a wolfish way (just because the phrasing was so obviously suspicious), it looked more like a cobbler trying to communicate to the wolves.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:18 AM   #122
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Leaf

Tally update
Farael —> McCaber (0.5)
Rikae —> Kitanna (1)
Loslote —> Shasta (1)
Sally —> Shasta (2)
Farael (again) —> McCaber (1)
Shasta —> McCaber (2)

Left to vote: Aganzir, Kitanna, McCaber, Coppermirror.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:30 AM   #123
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Leaf

DL in one hour.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #124
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm here and desperately trying to catch up so I can make an informed vote. Don't know if that's going to happen.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #125
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This is getting very hard. Realistically the only options to vote for are Kitanna, Shasta and McCaber, but Kitanna and McCaber have votes against them and are in situations where they probably want to hold back their votes in case they need to save themselves. And Aganzir is likely to be a wolf (albeit that there's also a slim possibly she's the Seer), which means I should assume for toDay that her vote is going to be a bad one.

I don't feel all that suspicious of Shasta. McCaber could have been acting like a Cobbler but we don't even know if we have a cobbler...If we knew what Agan's status is it might be easier to guess about him. And Kitanna looked okay on Day 1 but her vote was a throwaway and she hasn't posted much toDay, which means she's very hard to judge indeed.

Edit: crossed with Kitanna
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:57 AM   #126
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
The only particular thing I could find from Boro was the use of the phrase “getting inside your head,” which, knowing how clever my prince can be, may have been picked up on by the wolves as a hint toward the seer’s true identity.
That would be wolves who haven't played much with him before because everybody knows he does his best to suggest he's just about every possible role on day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
I think his logic this Day and the last has been sound (and not just because he voted Agan, promise)
How exactly is it sound logic to vote for someone because "they might be a wolf or a gifted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
I'll reevaluate this later, as I know both of these ladies are capable of that level of shenanigans if not more
I wish that was indeed the case, it would be so much more fun than sort of hanging here looking people reach the wrong conclusions when even my dream doesn't believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I think you're innocent every game (and you know that, because you've used that against me, and I know you've done it.)
Awww this made me laugh! You know sally I too thought about voting for you if I couldn't justify a better vote but for opposite reasons, I think you're evil in every game.

It's highly ironic though that I don't suspect sally for the very reason that she's suspecting me so heavily. Well that, and she didn't lynch me when she could have. Also I feel if sally was a wolf, she would have got rid of me as soon as convenient because of our mutual history.

I really don't like the way Lottie takes my guilt for granted, but then, I sort of understand why it's a logical assumption, so I'm not sure I like that Shasta is suspecting her for being rational.

I don't really mind who I'm voting.

Last edited by Aganzir; 12-15-2014 at 05:57 AM. Reason: xed with Kitanna and Cop
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:58 AM   #127
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

How would you two feel about voting for Lottie?
Old 12-15-2014, 06:14 AM   #128
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Man, that was one of the worst Day 1's I've seen in quite some time. And I'll accept the lion's share of the blame for how it turned out. I knew saying that Agan could be either a wolf or a gifted could come back at me, but I hoped that if I brought it up before anyone else it would be less of an issue. YesterDay I thought she was a wolf, toDay I am much less convinced.

Anyway, I did make it back with just enough time to vote. But Shasta looks innocent to me and I haven't gotten a read from Kitanna yet.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:16 AM   #129
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I knew saying that Agan could be either a wolf or a gifted could come back at me, but I hoped that if I brought it up before anyone else it would be less of an issue.
Thing is why would you say it in the first place if you're innocent? If an innocent thinks somebody could be gifted, the best they can do is keep very quiet about it, hoping the wolves don't notice!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:18 AM   #130
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Thing is why would you say it in the first place if you're innocent? If an innocent thinks somebody could be gifted, the best they can do is keep very quiet about it, hoping the wolves don't notice!
I said that gifted were more likely to be active on Day 1, and that I had thought you were a wolf. Those two thoughts are not contradictory.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:18 AM   #131
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Meh. Under ordinary circumstances I wouldn't really want to vote for any of the people who have votes so far. I have nothing on Shasta and Kitanna, and I feel McC is a cobbler at most, which isn't what we need at this point.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:19 AM   #132
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I said that gifted were more likely to be active on Day 1, and that I had thought you were a wolf. Those two thoughts are not contradictory.
No but still dangerous - the wolves knew I couldn't be a wolf, so to them, you were effectively saying "Agan is probably gifted".
Old 12-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #133
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
No but still dangerous - the wolves knew I couldn't be a wolf, so to them, you were effectively saying "Agan is probably gifted".
You weren't the only one posting at the time.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #134
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A lot of people doubt Agan's claim and yet decide to leave her alive? Because?
I don't follow this logic. No one, but me seems to really be entertaining the idea she's innocent. And yet no one is willing to vote for her. I get wanting to do the wait and see method, but come on. If so many think she'sprobably guilty remove your doubt.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #135
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
You weren't the only one posting at the time.
Makes no difference - obviously a lot depends on timezones and personal playing styles, but an innocent would never want to point out somebody who behaves in a certain way could be a gifted! Those thoughts are best kept to ourselves because it won't help he village, it'll help the wolves.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:25 AM   #136
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

DL in five minutes.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #137
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Morning all, I just woke up. But to clarify here, my reasoning is that we have more than one wolf and so why vote for a potential (if unlikely) Seer when there is at least one more wolf to hunt down?

If I'm wrong about her, she won't last the night. If I'm right then she will
Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #138
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I don't follow this logic. No one, but me seems to really be entertaining the idea she's innocent.
Thanks Kit, greatly appreciated. <3
Old 12-15-2014, 06:28 AM   #139
Kitanna
Child of the West

I don't want to have another throwaway vote, but I'm not finding those with votes suspicious enough to vote for.

I'd rather vote for Sally, Rikae, or Lottie. Though Agan asking if those remaining want to vote Lottie worries me. Seems like Agan trying to lead us astray.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:28 AM   #140
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I don't want to have another throwaway vote, but I'm not finding those with votes suspicious enough to vote for.

I'd rather vote for Sally, Rikae, or Lottie. Though Agan asking if those remaining want to vote Lottie worries me. Seems like Agan trying to lead us astray.
Rikae is innocent.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #141
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, I know I'm innocent, so to have a chance at saving my own skin I need to vote

++ Shasta
Old 12-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #142
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Whatever

++McCaber

for potential cobbling

Last edited by Aganzir; 12-15-2014 at 06:30 AM. Reason: xed with McC
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #143
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

Deadline. No more posting.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:31 AM   #144
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

Now where did I put that coin?
Old 12-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #145
Kitanna
Child of the West

++sally

Edit: crap, I wasn't fast enough
Old 12-15-2014, 06:38 AM   #146
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

When dawn flamed over the Golden Wood, the Elves were most surprised to find the supposed Galadriel still amongst them. Surely, they reasoned, the evil ones would never have left so dangerous an Elf alive... if Aganzir were really what she claimed to be.

Aganzir's protestations of being equally astonished were met with scepticism. Yet, despite the general feeling that she must be evil, somehow nobody actually suggested killing her. There was always the chance, however remote, that she was telling the truth. And then, too, there was that about the Elf-woman's steely glare that made the others very unwilling to take her on, outnumber her though they might.

"If you're not going to kill me," she said, "then how about- McCaber? He voted to lynch me yesterDay!"

"Huh?" McCaber mumbled through a mouthful of lembas.. "How is that a reason? Practically everyone here thinks you're evil!"

"It was the way you did it," Farael explained. "A very sinister, evil sort of way."

"Yes," said Shasta. "Besides, you talk with your mouth full."

"Disgusting," Aganzir agreed. "You're either one of these terrible werewolves, or a traitor in our midst. Either way it's shameful of you to eat our lembas, and I hope you choke- now there's a thought!"

"Wha-" McCaber began, but before he could finish the word, Aganzir had jammed a cake of lembas down his windpipe. The hapless Wood Elf staggered about, clutching his throat, his face turning purple. He collapsed across a branch, jerked once, twice and was still.

That was all. There was no change, no transformation into the natural shape of a monster of the night. McCaber had been innocent.

~~~~~~

The Living
Sally
Lottie
Farael
Rikae
Shasta
Coppermirror
Kitanna
Aganzir

The Dead
Nerwen, throat torn out Night One. (Mod).
Tar-Jêx, thrown off a flet Day One. (Ranger/Lover).
Boro, dragged under by a swan-submarine Night Two. (Ordo).
McCaber, choked on lembas Day Two. (Ordo).

It is now Night Two. Wolves plot, Seer dream, Nimrodel... do your thing.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-16-2014 at 05:44 AM. Reason: fixed names.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #147
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

Aganzir laughed silently to herself as she ran, leapt and climbed through the dark tree-city. She and her kind had sown fear and distrust amongst the Galadhrim and, even better, had caused the death of their ruler. Surely her dark master would be pleased!

But the greatest triumph of all lay before her, for she was certain, now, that she had seen through the disguise of the Lady Galadriel. Still, the Lady would be a formidable opponent. As she raced up the stair that led to her victim's flet, Aganzir allowed her Elven semblance to fall from her. Her face became a muzzle; fur sprouted over her; she dropped to all fours.

She was halfway between Elven and bestial form when she felt a blow in her chest. She looked down in disbelief at the feathered shaft protruding from her furry ribcage, then up at the slender figure who stood at the top of the stairs, holding a bow and arrow.

"To save your own sorry hide you betrayed my beloved Amroth to his death," the icy voice rang out, "and therefore it will be you who shall first be felled by my wrath!"

"Nerdanel!" the injured werewolf gasped.

"It's Nimrodel! How dare you call me by the name of one of the cruel, invading Noldor! Take that!"

And she shot Aganzir between the eyes.

In death, the werewolf transformed fully into its hideous true shape. Nimrodel, having made sure all life had departed from the corpse, stood looking down at the furry bulk that blotched the moonlit stair. There was, she realised, no peace for her in bringing justice to one of Amroth's murderers. Only when the last one lay dead at her hand- only when she had killed them, all of them- then, perhaps, she would know peace.

A throaty chuckle broke into the Elf-maiden's bloody thoughts. Whirling, she saw a second great wolf descending the stairs. She shot at the beast, but with an ease more feline than lupine, it leapt onto a mallorn bough overhead and sat there, gazing down at her with eyes that glowed green in the moonlight.

"Well met!" said the werewolf. "And thank you. Aganzir had outlived her usefulness- you have done us a service by disposing of her."

Nimrodel's eyes searched the surrounding foliage, but the leaves were too dense for her to be able to tell if the wolf was alone.

"Us? Are there more of you? And who are you? I charge you, tell me your name!"

"Now wouldn't you like to know?" laughed the wolf.

~~~~~~

The Living
Sally
Lottie
Farael
Rikae
Shasta
Coppermirror
Kitanna

The Dead
Nerwen, throat torn out Night One. (Mod).
Tar-Jêx, thrown off a flet Day One. (Ranger/Lover).
Boro, dragged under by a swan-submarine Night Two. (Ordo).
McCaber, choked on lembas Day Two. (Ordo).
Aganzir, shot with bow-and-arrow Night Three. (Werewolf).

It is now Day Three. You may post.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-18-2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: typo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:12 AM   #148
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I have to leave immediately and won't be back for several hours, but I just wanted to say:

WOW!

Nice work, Nimrodel! Looks like I was right about a couple things. And we still have a seer, too.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #149
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Nice work, Nimrodel! Looks like I was right about a couple things. And we still have a seer, too.
Not only that, but there was no wolf kill. Which means we also have a Ranger!

Now, the Ranger and Hunter are likely the same person... but we also have a seer. And the Seer has been dreaming for a few nights now.

Any chance we have enough known Ordos to figure out the last wolf/wolves?

Otherwise I'll take a closer look at Rikae for obvious reasons. Unfortunately I have an 8 hour day in the OR and gym afterwards. .. so I won't be able to post much until then
Old 12-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #150
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I feel like maybe Nimrodel should come out first as a precaution, but if I'm reading the narration correctly, it sounds like the wolves have already found the seer, so that could be a moot point. Thoughts, Nimrodel? What do you do around here anyway?

Off to work. Back perhaps over breaks and/or lunch.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:56 AM   #151
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I feel like maybe Nimrodel should come out first as a precaution.
Precaution against what, exactly? If the wolves have figured out who the Seer is, shouldn't the Seer come out first and tell us of any known Ordos?

There's seven of us, two gifted, which means that there's one or two wolves out of five people. If the Seer has dreamed of two or more Ordos, we should be able to wrap things up nicely just by making a plan of who of the unknowns to Lynch
Old 12-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #152
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

The narration made me think that the wolves tried to kill Nimrodel last Night, in which case they know who she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
There was, she realised, no peace for her in bringing justice to one of Amroth's murderers. Only when the last one lay dead at her hand- only when she had killed them, all of them- then, perhaps, she would know peace.
Three people voted for Tar-Jêx: Kitanna, Aganzir, and Sally.

I think that maybe Nimrodel can only hunt people who voted for Amroth. Then again, she didn't seem to feel positively inclined towards the non-Agan wolf/wolves in the narration, so perhaps she just became an ordinary hunter.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #153
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
But the greatest triumph of all lay before her, for she was certain, now, that she had seen through the disguise of the Lady Galadriel. Still, the Lady would be a formidable opponent. As she raced up the stair that led to her victim's flet, Aganzir allowed her Elven semblance to fall from her. Her face became a muzzle; fur sprouted over her; she dropped to all fours.
Oh wait, my mistake. I didn't see the bit about Agan thinking she'd found Galadriel. So Nimrodel's some sort of Ranger/Hunter.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #154
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

The ghost of Nerwen wishes you all to know that, although the narration is, if read correctly, an accurate record, the events that befell last Night were strange indeed.

That is all I will say on the subject.

*returns to the Halls of Mandos*
Old 12-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #155
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wow! Well, we did say Agan would either show up dead toDay or would definitely be a wolf.

In the narration, it looks like there were only two wolves after all. Nimrodel asked if there were more, but usually, if there are more, they'd all show up in the narration, am I right? In that case, we might well be down to a 1-6 split! I second Farael's motion for a Seer reveal - hopefully that'll narrow the numbers down even more.

Also, my flights were delayed (I got stuck in Minnesota overnight ) so I'll be flying up to Alaska later today, which means I'll probably be gone for most of the Day. I'll do my best to check in, but my available time for werewolf will probably be spotty at best.

Last edited by Loslote; 12-16-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: forgot the end to a sentance
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #156
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Addition to the idea that Galadriel should reveal toDay: if Nimrodel's ranger powers are the same as Amroth's, she can't protect the same person twice in a row, and the narration made it sound like she already protected Galadriel last Night.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #157
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
the narration made it sound like she already protected Galadriel last Night.
I'm not sure that the narration says that the wolves actually targeted Galadriel so much as that the wolves were trying to target Galadriel and thought they had probably guessed the right person this time. They may or may not have guessed correctly. At any rate, I don't think the narration actually confirms whether they picked the right person. It just says that Agan was certain she had the right person.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #158
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
As it turns out, I'm incredibly impatient.

++Shasta

Agan should learn not to impersonate me. Why would she think she could get away with such a thing? She's in another country, she's much prettier than me, and it gets her killed.

EDIT: x'd with Cop
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #159
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Wow, did you dream of a wolf Shasta, then?
Old 12-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #160
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

This might be village victory, then, right?

++Shasta