The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2014, 04:58 AM   #41
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I really want to play. Please put me down with a question mark. I can't absolutely be sure that I can do it, since I don't know exactly when the game is likely to start or if anything might come up. But I should have enough free time.

My knowledge of the Third Age is sadly lacking, but I will hit up the books and various wikis, and in the worst case scenario will either play an amnesiac or someone frustratingly cryptic. Or both. Or maybe I'll play someone cryptic anyway just for fun.

This summer isn't turning out nearly as hot as it could have, which is hopeful, but if it takes a turn for the scorching during the game, my WW-playing time might end up being limited to nights. I might have to charge forth in an attempt to obtain the best laptop computer cooling pad that money can buy. My existing computer cooling pads are not equal to the task of defeating a really hot day.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #42
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
For me, there are some things up in the air right now, and I don't want to commit to a game. As much as I hate sitting out WW, I'll have to do so. Feel free to suspect me anyway.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #43
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tar-Jêx has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

So it seems that starting on the 10th is ideal. I am leaving for England on the 16th, and will have no access to internet for the majority of that period.

Most people are in question of their availability, and hopefully that will be resolved by the 10th.
Tar-Jêx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #44
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
For me, there are some things up in the air right now, and I don't want to commit to a game. As much as I hate sitting out WW, I'll have to do so. Feel free to suspect me anyway.
Always.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:11 AM   #45
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Quite. I would like to draw everyone's attention to how suspicious this comment is. Inzil is implying that he is above suspicion of being a wolf, and yet he's also ostensibly joking about being one...This is a very tricksy tactic from him, and is one that I could imagine a wolf using. Don't let him fall off your radar, elves. Be wary!
Old 12-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #46
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Quite. I would like to draw everyone's attention to how suspicious this comment is. Inzil is implying that he is above suspicion of being a wolf, and yet he's also ostensibly joking about being one...This is a very tricksy tactic from him, and is one that I could imagine a wolf using. Don't let him fall off your radar, elves. Be wary!
Yes, and his alleged 'sitting out' on a game of Werewolf signals that he wants to avoid suspicion just because he isn't playing. We have our eyes on you, Inziladun.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:15 AM   #47
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Am I playing? o.o I suppose.
But of course, my jewel.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:19 AM   #48
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Pipe

The Tally
Sally --> Zil
Coppermirror --> Zil (2)
Tar-Jex --> Zil (2)
Old 12-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #49
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar-Jêx View Post
Yes, and his alleged 'sitting out' on a game of Werewolf signals that he wants to avoid suspicion just because he isn't playing. We have our eyes on you, Inziladun.
Ooohhh, jumping on another player's accusation, are we? Quick to add your voice to a bandwagon? Sure signs of fur and fangs.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #50
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Ooohhh, jumping on another player's accusation, are we? Quick to add your voice to a bandwagon? Sure signs of fur and fangs.
I have fur and fangs of a different kind. Us Ursus maritimus are very friendly, and kind creatures, but we will always take out those nasty threats to our habitat, known as werewolves.

By trying to single out one who is committed against Inziladun, it appears you are advocating his werewolf-ness, implying that you may also be a werewolf and are trying to save your comrade from our intuition. Galadriel and Inziladun are the werewolves. We must hang them on successive days.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #51
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
1420!

*flashes a fangy smile*

Hello.

Jêx, how long are you staying in England? Because some of us folks are meeting up for new year in Kent and thereabouts! (Thus making it convenient for me if the game finishes before Christmas, so starting around the 10th sounds good).

I am on GMT+2 and should be fine with most deadlines.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #52
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
*flashes a fangy smile*

Hello.

Jêx, how long are you staying in England? Because some of us folks are meeting up for new year in Kent and thereabouts! (Thus making it convenient for me if the game finishes before Christmas, so starting around the 10th sounds good).

I am on GMT+2 and should be fine with most deadlines.
I think I'm there until a few days after new year. Definitely can't make it to Kent, though. Heading to York after a few days in London.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #53
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
What is the estimated start date? I should be able to play, but it depends on when it starts. I got work stuff coming up in a few weeks and it will be impossible for me to play during those days.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #54
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
What is the estimated start date? I should be able to play, but it depends on when it starts. I got work stuff coming up in a few weeks and it will be impossible for me to play during those days.
I'm hoping to start on the 10th or 11th.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #55
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I can play for sure then.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #56
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar-Jêx View Post
I think I'm there until a few days after new year. Definitely can't make it to Kent, though. Heading to York after a few days in London.
If we get our schedules to match and you're up for a moot, we could come to London too! I mean we're probably going to do it anyway.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #57
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
The 10th or 11th should be fine for me. No need for a question mark any more.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:45 AM   #58
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
My timezone is EST so -5 GMT. It's not a big deal if people need a more suitable DL, just means some days it'll be hard for me to vote if it's not late.

FARAEL
! Welcome back
Old 12-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #59
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
My timezone is EST so -5 GMT.
Are you really? Hm. Whoops, I thought you were far enough over to be in Central land. *blushes*

Remove my question mark as well, please. I'm good to go!
Old 12-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #60
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
In that case, I'm in! (Though I'll be flying back to Alaska on the 15th, so participation will likely be spotty that one day.)
Old 12-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #61
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

FARAEL
! Welcome back
Thanks!! It's good to see some familiar faces.

I'm in CST so -6GMT. Much like Boromir, I don't mind when the deadline is... provided that I am not lynched for voting early :P Dec 10th should work... my current rotation should have predictable hours etc etc for me to participate as much as possible!

I'm excited to sink my teeth into this game again.

Incidentally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarwolf
Us Ursus maritimus are very friendly, and kind creatures
So... a few hours North of where I live, encounters with polar bears are common at certain times of the year. I've never been there myself, but I know it on good authority that the polar bears are viscious and dangerous! Clearly someone's lying to us...

I say lynch them
Old 12-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #62
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
So... a few hours North of where I live, encounters with polar bears are common at certain times of the year. I've never been there myself, but I know it on good authority that the polar bears are viscious and dangerous! Clearly someone's lying to us...

I say lynch them
You're a sharp one. The sharp ones always taste be-ER, the sharp ones are very reliable! Yes! I'd love to be siding with you!
Old 12-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #63
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
provided that I am not lynched for voting early :P
After all these years, I think we'll need a little bit stronger reason for lynching you.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #64
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I just called Phantom, as well as sending him a FB message, so perhaps he'll join us as well!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #65
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Okay, unless anyone has objections, the DL will be 1:30 pm GMT.

Sally, any news from phantom?

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-10-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #66
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Anyone care to convert that to CST? If I'm not mistaken it's 7 30 AM but I could be very wrong.

If that's the case I would mostly play early in the Day, though I might get a chance to vote on the way to the OR in the morning (currently doing anesthesia and surgeons are definitely morning people)
Old 12-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #67
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Anyone care to convert that to CST? If I'm not mistaken it's 7 30 AM but I could be very wrong.
It's 14 hours 15 minutes from now unless I'm mistaken.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #68
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:

That's actually probably a better time for me than a late night one
Old 12-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #69
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

He is a busy stick in the mud and will not be joining us, alas.

The deadline is workable for me. I've been meaning to make myself get up a bit earlier in the morning anyway.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:27 AM   #70
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Huh, that deadline works surprisingly well for me. It'll be about 2:30 AM my time. Even if I won't be there right at the deadline (unless I'm being stupid and staying up late) I will at minimum be able to be around during the evening. Better than having to place an extremely early vote every time.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:58 AM   #71
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Farael, it is indeed 7:30 am Central time. However, I'm afraid I'm going to have to revise it anyway, as it turns out my own schedule has changed.

New DL is 12:30 pm GMT. I believe this is 6:30 am to you and Sally so you'll both probably want to vote early most Days.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #72
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Farael, it is indeed 7:30 am Central time. However, I'm afraid I'm going to have to revise it anyway, as it turns out my own schedule has changed.

New DL is 12:30 pm GMT. I believe this is 6:30 am to you and Sally so you'll both probably want to vote early most Days.
That'll be around the time I'm getting my day started... but you probably don't want half asleep and mad at the world Farael voting
Old 12-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #73
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
That'll be around the time I'm getting my day started... but you probably don't want half asleep and mad at the world Farael voting
On the contrary. Anti-morning people are always amusing when they have to do something in the morning.

(I was staying at Lommy & Legate's the other night and before she went to sleep, Lommy said, "I don't like to wish anyone good morning because I hate mornings!" I laughed so hard it hurt.)
Old 12-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #74
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Farael you'll have to switch to invisible mode!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:34 AM   #75
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Farael you'll have to switch to invisible mode!
Shoot! I thought I had. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #76
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
"Nerdanel!" the injured werewolf gasped.

"It's Nimrodel! How dare you call me by the name of one of the cruel, invading Noldor! Take that!"
Can I just say that I've cracked up every single time I read that? (Including now - make it a fourth time.)
Old 12-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #77
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

Tell you what, it's a good thing we've reached the end game now, because I'm running out of themed ways to kill people.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #78
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

Quote:
Tell you what, it's a good thing we've reached the end game now, because I'm running out of themed ways to kill people.
You only need to write 2 more death messages.