The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Admin Thread - WW C - The Father Christmas Murders

A long, long time ago, Father Christmas founded a lovely little town amongst some lovely little mountains covered in lovely little snow and lovely little Christmas trees, where all the Christmasy people live.

The Grinch hates Christmas again, and has ever since Santa Claus built his new factory right above the Grinch's cave. (Santa is a noisy neighbor at the best of times, but around Christmas time, the noise gets unbearable.) Tiny Tim lives in poverty next to Rudolph's party house. Suzy Snowflake and Jack Frost do a lot of traveling, but it's been a warm winter, so they've been at home more often than usual. Olive the Other Reindeer recently moved in with Frosty the Snowman after they discovered a mutual love of french toast. Little Cindy Lou Who is, by this point, significantly more than two, and started up a Christmas-card making business with the Sugar Plum Fairy. The Ghost of Christmas Present hovers around everything making vaguely ominous announcements that everyone has learned to ignore.

And on a mountain overlooking it all, Father Christmas sits with the North Polar Bear and watches the lovely little community. Paksu and Valkotukka, as grown-up as Little Cindy Lou Who, live down in the little town. Father Christmas and the North Polar Bear like to check up every once and a while, but they don't like to interfere. All bear cubs need to grow up sometimes.

But just because Paksu and Valkotukka don't want to be babied any more, doesn't mean Father Christmas and the North Polar Bear have left them unprotected.

Roles:

One Seer, who writes letters back and forth with Father Christmas about other player's alignments. (PMs me a name every Night and is told the role of that person.)

One Ranger, who keeps watch while the rest of the town sleeps and protects its inhabitants. (PMs me a name every Night and, if the wolves have selected that person to kill, blocks the kill. Cannot self-protect. Cannot protect the same person twice in a row.)

Two Wolves, who hate Christmas, the whole Christmas season. (The Grinch is not necessarily a wolf. The line was just too perfect not to use.) (Send me a name every Night to kill. Can pm during the Night period.)

One Cobbler, who doesn't know who the wolves are, but supports them in his own little way. (Wants the wolves to win. Cannot pm with the wolves.)

Seven or Eight Ordos, who don't want to die at the hands of the Wolves. (Vote every Day to lynch [hopefully] a wolf.)

Twelve or Thirteen Players in all.

Rules:

Rules:
Deadline will be negotiable, for now. I'm thinking 11:00 PM EST, but I could be persuaded to go earlier or later.

Votes are highlighted (++Lottie) and non-retractable. If a vote is cast at :00, they are counted. If they are cast at :01, they are not.

Day and Night last for 24 hours each.

A person will be modfired if they do not vote for two consecutive days without a very good excuse.

In case of a tie, the last person to receive their full total of votes will be lynched.

When you sign-up, you will choose one of the characters I mentioned above (not Father Christmas or the North Polar Bear, though). This will determine your in-game role. I've done this before, and I quite liked it.

We'll start as soon as we get about twelve players (assuming this happens after Wednesday. I'm sure it'll take at least that long, though).

Sign-ups are closed!

Sally - Little Cindy Lou Who
Shasta - Jack Frost
G55 - Rudolph
Coppermirror - The Ghost of Christmas Present
Steve - Valkotukka
Morsul - The Grinch
Nerwen - The Sugar Plum Fairy
Zil - Frosty
Boro - Olive the Other Reindeer
McCaber - Tiny Tim
Lommy - Paksu
Legate - Santa Claus

Last edited by Loslote; 12-20-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote