The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2006, 05:57 AM   #41
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Taliesin seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Which means I'll be watching him. Being new and smart makes it likely he'll survive for much of the game, and if he happens to be a wolf then that's bad. So watch him, I will.

I see Eomer's got two votes already. They seem almost odd, though, for some reason I can't really pinpoint. I was completely expecting Eomer to get a lot of votes. Maybe it's just them being back to back. Although, if we are going to lynch Eomer, we should do so sooner rather than later. If he's a wolf, he always (and I do mean always) manages to wiggle out of getting lynched later in the game. Basically, if he's not lynched early, he won't be lynched at all... which is very bad for us if he is a lycan.

I'll be back just before the deadline to cast my vote.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:57 AM   #42
Taliesin
Pile O'Bones

Taliesin has just left Hobbiton.
On to more pressing matters..

We should decide on who gets to sleep in the captain's cabin, I mean once you've driven out the odd smell it is the best bed.
Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:50 AM   #43
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Varlets and false cowards! At least wait for Eomer to say his piece before hanging him wi'out a case or evidence! Despicable!

For masself, I view yon ninjas with undiluted disdain. When will they understand that the rapier is far more stylish than the katana?

Yet when will the pirates comprehend that the claymore bows to none?

The whole pack of you seem basely reduced in thought. If you want my view, it seems to me that leaping on Eomer when his back is turned is a wolf's game or a mug's game.

I also view with suspicion those who foment the ancient ninja/pirate grievance, of which the ballads sing:

Ah, ne'er was there a war so blear
And bootless as that bitter fight.
Eternal struggles aid no man
But leave too many slain, bone-white.
The ninja with his effete tricks
Is clearly nursing a complex
The pirate with obnoxious tongue
Should stow the gab and swab the decks.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:52 AM   #44
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Yo ho ho and a bottle of...

...fizzy soda.

This is more character-based nonsense than I have ever seen, not in all my days on the High Seas. *sigh* So much for my good record of Day 1 wolf lynches.

Several people are worrying me.

I fear Goosey Gander may be speaking truth. An old salt like Potboiler wouldn't be above pulling such a bold double bluff, and certain celebrations last night might have loosened his inhibitions even further. (Happy Birthday, Sauce...) However, he could be an innocent pulling an even more elaborate bluff...or just tipsy.

Gurthang's reference to 1 Corinthians 13 is also worrisome, but mildly. A true lover would be quieter, to my mind.

I wonder where Nilp is...he usually posts while I'm abed, but we've heard naught from him...this probably is nothing though. Just a comment.

And (back to character) I trusted Weslamond from the first but she did plead True Love as the reason I should spare her. Oh well. I'll kill her tomorrow. Or the next day.

EDIT: Crossed with Ang. And a cutlass is far nicer than either. Protects the hand, y'know. Keeps my manicure looking nice.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:53 AM   #45
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
It is difficult to admit but Aguirel is correct. Too many want Eomer dead for really no reason other than having slaves. I don't think he's such a bad chap as all that. I mean look at his two slaves they are wretched miscreants and almost deserving of their fate. Speaking of which Eomer are they for sale?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:00 AM   #46
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Well, me matey's, it is I, the whale hunter, returned to you after a sojourn in the dingy after defying the dingy about females staying below decks! Hey! Just cause my acorns hang higher....! Anyways, I did my best to bring it in, the whale. I nice size I might add, could have brought in much meat, oil for the lamps and blubber to chew while we thinks about these infernal creatures.

As for who they mights be? I don't know but I trust none of yas, even if ye be not a creature good intentions go arye when panicked. Not that anyone is yet 'cept yon one thirsting for cheese but if these killin's keep happening-we will be.

Votin' record so far
Morm-->Glirdan
Lhuna-->Eomer
Rhune-->Eomer
Glirdan-->Kath

Xposted: Anguirel Jenny Morm
Old 06-21-2006, 07:06 AM   #47
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye Hehehe.

Durelin might find this interesting.

As for the matters at hand, I shall present my case against Eomer . . .

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll just vote for myself!

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Sayonara!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:08 AM   #48
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

What ho, shipmates.

I have been doing some thinking.

*HONK! Don’t hold your breath. HONK!*

The time for the opening skirmishes is, I think, at an end. Now let us get down to the serious business of spotting these Wolves in earnest. So, some idle thoughts on what has occurred so far.

Much has been fluff and nonsense. Mere buffoonery. And I read nothing into that, save that a Wolf might seek to extend the period of banter so as to avoid serious discussion.

*HONK! Serious discussion? On Day 1? Impossible! HONK!*

Hmm. Wonder if I should rename him Formy Gander.

Anyway, the banter notwithstanding, there have been some moments which bear consideration.

I find Formendacil’s opening gambit intriguing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Freeloading Aristo
The temptation to pull a Nilp and vote myself is... tempting. I simultaneously want a quick out of this game (laziness) and to survive to the end... being a good sport, I'll try for the latter... but a Day 1 death would amuse me no end.

Especially since it would likely be because of this post here.

As I've stated game after game.... short of a stupid slip up (an' I ain't stoopid...) there is no way other than dumb luck to catch a wolf on Day 1.

Day 1s...
The wannabe pirate refers to this as bait. I am tempted to take it. It seems a rather good opening tactic for a Wolf to say something controversial and then point out how it is likely to end in his untimely death. Basic counter-psychology. If he suggests that people will be more inclined to vote for him for what he has said, people will (as Diamond’s reference suggests) actually be less inclined to do so.

And I dislike intensely Day 1 apathy, although that is, I suppose, standard for the Formster.

The Dread(ful) Pirate Roberta suggests that at least one of the “nonsense spouters” is likely a Wolf. Well, yes. Nearly half the passengers had posted at that point. Basic probability suggests that at least one Wolf, more likely two, was among them. But how does that help us? Or are you suggesting that Wolves are more likely to post nonsense at the start? Again, that doesn’t really help us, given the preponderance of piffle in the opening stages of the Day. Trying to look helpful without giving much away, are we?

Then some very early votes. Without any explanation as to why they are cast so early, I might add (although Lhuna’s time-zone affliction is duly acknowledged). Normally, I regard early voters as unlikely Wolves, as it is an unnecessarily attention-grabbing thing to do for a Wolf on Day 1. And so, while I note the possibility of a bluff, I regard mormegil’s early vote as an unlikely Wolf vote.

What does concern me, however, is these early votes for our esteemed slavedriver, without him having even said a word. Now, I can understand threatening to vote for him for humorous effect on the basis of past history or as an “in character” comment. But I am wary of anyone who actually votes so early for one who might be of great help to us, if innocent, with absolutely nothing to go on. Lhuna, perhaps (but only perhaps) can be excused because of her aforementioned malady. But not so Rune. Is he perhaps a Wolf picking up on the possibility of an early exit for one who might be dangerous to his pack?

And now Gurthang is muttering against Eomer too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthang
Although, if we are going to lynch Eomer, we should do so sooner rather than later. If he's a wolf, he always (and I do mean always) manages to wiggle out of getting lynched later in the game. Basically, if he's not lynched early, he won't be lynched at all... which is very bad for us if he is a lycan.
Poor reasoning there, Plankmeister. We should not lynch Eomer sooner rather than later unless there is some basis upon which to justify doing so. The likelihood is he’s innocent. He may even be a Gifted. Are you mad, man?

Finally, Glirdan’s early vote for Kath. Not sure what to make of that, but it may have been that he had to cast his vote then or not at all and so went for an “in character” approach. I don’t like it, though.

Of course, those are really the only passengers who have stuck there head above the parapet, so to speak, so it is quite possible that there is not one Wolf among them. I am most definitely wary of this developing Eomer bandwagon, though.

*HONK! ‘E don’t ‘arf blather on. Don’t ‘e? HONK!*

I should add that I am with those who have suggested that we should lynch the Goose and serve him up as a nice roast dinner.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:16 AM   #49
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by the loathsome Pirate
An old salt like Potboiler wouldn't be above pulling such a bold double bluff ...
And what double bluff, might that be, thou scurvy knave? Pray tell, for you have the advatage of me at present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that pirate again
Gurthang's reference to 1 Corinthians 13 is also worrisome, but mildly.
Might somone elucidate a poor agnostic such as myself? I assume it talks of lovers, but would welcome clarification on the point.

Aha! Nilp has voted for himself. All is right with the world.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:18 AM   #50
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Happy birthday for yesterday, good Sir Horatio.

Now, back to business. Firstly, some passengers have yet to appear above deck. The currently-at-risk slavedriver Eomer, plus I believe Findëasëa and Friedrich Engels. I share the reluctance voiced by Sir H and others to vote for those who have not yet had a chance to have their say, so I will not be casting my vote at the Kilted One today, tempting though it may be after past experience *shudder*.
I've also been having some thoughts about the wolves. Now, it is known that these creatures sometimes like to betray their own during lynch votes, in order to appear benign to the innocents. With the presence of the Lovers, this is going to be less likely - the wolves themselves will be very suspicious of treachery. So, (until the Lovers are unmasked, at least) I think voting records will be easier to read than usual.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:18 AM   #51
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Jenny accuses lots of us of "nonsense-spouting" and then says she's inclined to believe in Goosy Gander, a talking goose alter-ego. What?

[By the way, I've never liked the tendency of some to denigrate role-playing as "nonsense"-it's valid and part of Werewolf's attraction in its own right.]

Come to think of it, morm's vote for Glirdan is mickle suspicious in that Glirdan is such a solid lynching option...likely to attract support, he thought?

Formendacil...well, wolves have done as he has done and been exposed before. Perhaps we should "take the bait" here. But in a way I'd rather explore more uncharted territory.

I take it the aforementioned Corinthians passage is "And the greatest of these is Love"? Just so it's in the open for those of us who are Biblically rusty...not that it should be cause for concern. A Lover wouldn't hint at their identity overtly or even risk a bluff, I'd say...trouble enough covering up their actions as it is.

So, some suspects. morm, Jenny, Rune. Am leaning towards an uneasy peace with the Sassenach and his bird at the moment.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:21 AM   #52
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Saucie, Ang. Really. Biblically rusty is neither here nor there. Anyone would have thought you'd never heard of google.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:22 AM   #53
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Might somone elucidate a poor agnostic such as myself? I assume it talks of lovers, but would welcome clarification on the point.
Quote:
Originally posted by I Corinithians 13
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.
I'll be honest, no thought of lovers even crossed my mind here... I assumed he was just referring to the general situation.

And m'dog says lynch the goose. Not such a bad plan, maybe 'e's actually a wereduck in disguise... clever disguise, that. But I've seen stranger things. At least the duck's keeper seems to be talking sense, and that's always worth something on Day 1.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:30 AM   #54
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye Oh, and . . .

Ninjas rule! Pirates deserved to have their souls taken out by Shinigami!

*tries to do the Shikifuujin handseal, then realises he's not going to sacrifice his own soul just to get the pirates's (they probably don't have souls, enedwaith. )*

Jenny, Diamond, the Akatsuki will get you soon. Or maybe we'll be kind and let the Konoha ANBU take care of you.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:33 AM   #55
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Lalaith
With the presence of the Lovers, this is going to be less likely - the wolves themselves will be very suspicious of treachery. So, (until the Lovers are unmasked, at least) I think voting records will be easier to read than usual.
Although, if they suspect one of their fellows as the traitor, it gives them more reason to vote for him or her. That said, in the early Days at least, I believe that you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith again
Saucie, Ang. Really. Biblically rusty is neither here nor there. Anyone would have thought you'd never heard of google.
I'm a sailor, not a surfer, m'dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Anguirel the noo
A Lover wouldn't hint at their identity overtly or even risk a bluff, I'd say...trouble enough covering up their actions as it is.
Agreed. But might a Wolf hint at being the Lover in an attempt to catch the traitor in the pack? Risky, as he might be taken as the traitor himself by his fellows, and it attracts unwarranted attention. I still don't like his efforts at greasing the wheels of the Eomer bandwaggon, though.

Much as fear that the olive brach which he proffers might turn out to be a poisoned chalice, I am tempted to reciprocate Sir Anguirel's tentative trust for now.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:39 AM   #56
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Pirates, Ninjas, do pipe down, you're being dull.

Saucassanach, I feel some of your theories take too many mental leaps. We should also perhaps consider the possibility that Gurthang was choking*. But I do have some misgivings about his anti-Eomer stance. I can only explain it by the example of the anticipatory cowardice that has infected, say, Lhuna. They're sick of being beaten by Wolf Eomer and want to render him a Fenris Wolf...

*I meant joking. Weird and possibly prophetic mistake there...
Old 06-21-2006, 07:51 AM   #57
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

A further glance at morm's behaviour-animosity towards the slaves, Rune and Kath, early on (before Rune's vote) and by implication (later more explicit) support of Eomer.

Definite spotlight on Glirdan for wholly in-character reasons. With votes irreversible, is this a way of starting a potentially powerful bandwagon while avoiding responsibility later in the day? Perhaps...

So. Possibly (though at this stage this is bound to be sketchy) in league with Eomer. But I don't have grounds for suspecting the latter, so morm might be trying to win an innocent's trust.

Time for another ballad.

A wolf I once knew, and a very rash wolf
The Dastard Anguirel 'twas named
He coseted, flattered and supported Fea
Until she was lynched and her village shamed
For after the Dastard was rendered dead wolf
His ally the maiden was feared
As another of that perfidious three
('Twas really the Dwarf with the beard).

So, yes. morm hoping to nab Eomer by guilt of association? Early days for telling yet...
Old 06-21-2006, 07:59 AM   #58
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I am used to such enmity in my profession, but as all good slavedrivers say: Someone's got to do it. The respectful (not to mention pretty) twain, Cailín and Nogrod, needed cold, bitter labour aboard this good ship. And don't Rune and Kath make excellent workers? Strong, hardy and true (well, maybe not given Rune's diabolical vote), but they are exactly what we need. Unless you fancy doing the hard work in their stead, I suggest we leave them be for the moment!

Mormegil, just between you and me, I'm not sure what the slaves' status is just now. The Captains did own them, but they are now deceased. If we ever get home, we must look through the paperwork and do some negotiations. Agreed?

I have come across this Lhunardawen many times on my travels, and she always takes a dislike to me. Not that I can remember doing her wrong in the past... ( )

How odd. Regardless, only an idealist should want to lynch me just now. I provide a necessary service on this voyage. And that's the truth.

*whips Rune* Back to work with ye, rascal!

As to today's exchanges, nothing has been too interesting. Although I would say that there are typical old-fashioned masks being hidden behind. Formendacil's "I hate Day One" rhetoric is always hard to make sense of; and Lhuna's "I vote for Eomer" is nearly as traditional. I would put Nilp in with these two but — for obvious reasons — his style is highly unwolvish.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:25 AM   #59
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

The Eye Eomer: 'His style is highly wolvish.'

Well, this is laughable.

Of course it's wolvish. I'm a wolf. Lynch me.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #60
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

The Eye Blind! Blind! Woe upon me, for I am blind!

I didn't see the negation prefix before 'wolvish.'

I'm still a wolf. Lynch me.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #61
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Shiver me timbers! Or something like that.

Sauce, I referred to Goosey's assertation that you, yourself, were a wolf. You would not be the first I've seen declare himself thus. *coughFEAcough* However, the return of verbosity and aHEM soberness makes me trust you far more as the day goes on. Busy day, now, must get back to pillaging.

Oh! And the Biblical reference does worry me, but I do not think it means Gurthang is a Lover. Too obvious for that. I simply wonder at what might motivate him to hint that he is. And that reference is too pointedly a Lover hint for me to believe it to be anything else: it is the single most popular reading at weddings worldwide.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:01 AM   #62
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Eh? Eomer, unless I am going sea-crazy, said that Nilp's style was unwolvish, not wolvish.
Actually I disagree, it is neither wolvish nor unwolvish...merely Nilpish.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #63
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Heil, Comrades...

Though this crew does have its own appeal, I fear Ich muss soon ausgehen*.

The murder of Cailin and Nogrod is, of course, entirely justified. What gives them the right to property of this ship? I, of course, own nothing.

These clothes you see upon me? Er. Well... they are the people's clothes. I do not hold them to be mine.

In any case, do not change the subject! Let us view the case objectively. These werewolves, I say, are driven to murder by the inequality inherent in naval life! If amnesty were extended to the oppressed slaves and underlings of our society, perhaps they would not have to murder simply for a morsel of food.

As it is, the proletariat must unite with the wolves to overthrow both the slaveowning capitalists - Eomer - and the pathetically outdated nobility in the form of Anguirel and SpM (and we can eat his goose).

Come join me, Kath, Rune and ye oppressed!

++EOMER

And the gentry are next... Let us establish a new seaborne society of wolves and men living in brotherhood!

*I must go out soon.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #64
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Oh, Durelin, are you sure you're not using Shoten no Jutsu.
Who needs more bodies to lynch?

Until next time, Itachi-san?

Bah!

Why not take care of you now?

++Nilp

Stay out of this everyone...this is ninja business. *shifty-eye-movement + kunai twirling*
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #65
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

What I always find so amusing about peasant rebels is that they preach equality and so on, but if one happens to be born or to have won by volour a high rank, one apparently does not qualify as a member of this wondrous equal society...

Most cunning of the wolves. Next they'll send for Vladimir Ilyich to cripple our war effort. I may be tempted to help dispose of Nilp in an effort to preserve Eomer should this situation continue...
Old 06-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #66
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Sauce, I referred to Goosey's assertation that you, yourself, were a wolf. You would not be the first I've seen declare himself thus.
Ah, I get yer drift, mistress pirate. But Goosey Gander is no double bluffing alter ego. He is a mere whim, a device created for the sole purpose of tomfoolery.

*HONK! He lies! I live! I am telling the truth! He is bluffing! HONK!*

You see. Pure tomfoolery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
However, the return of verbosity and aHEM soberness makes me trust you far more as the day goes on.
While you are right to trust me, it is perhaps worth noting that verbosity and soberness do not necessarily equate to innocence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Actually I disagree, it is neither wolvish nor unwolvish...merely Nilpish.
'Tis indeed Nilpish and, as such, might be either wolvish or unwolvish. Problem is, we have no way of telling which. Yet, despite his shifty ninja ways, Nilp may come good in the ensuing Days. I am prepared to lay off him - for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Foreigner
And the gentry are next... Let us establish a new seaborne society of wolves and men living in brotherhood!
But this is pure madness! This socialist rabble-rouser seeks to turn on his fellow passengers and ally himself with the foul beasts of the night. Or perhaps he is one of them himself. And yet, I suspect that the last thing that a Wolf would wish to do would be to associate himself with the baseless Eomer bandwaggon. If so, then I fear that his misguided idealism is at odds with the practical realities of our situation.

The voting currently stands as follows:

Morm-->Glirdan
Lhuna-->Eomer
Rhune-->Eomer
Glirdan-->Kath
Nilp-->Nilp
Engels-->Eomer
Durelin-->Nilp

Glirdan-1, Kath-1, Eomer-3, Nilp-2

And nary a reasoned vote in sight.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #67
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Hmm. If I were a Wolf on Day 1, I would do my best to lie low, blend in, act normally and avoid attracting undue attention. Perhaps throw out a few theories or ideas, but nothing that might lead back to my pack-fellows or later serve as a hostage to fortune.

Those who, to my mind, most closely fit this description at the moment are:

Lalaith
Taliesin
Holbytlass
Caranlondien

and
Firefoot

It’s always the least likely ones as turns out to be Wolves in my experience. I suspect that there is at least one Wolf in the above list. Problem is that the majority are likely innocent. I will away to ponder and return anon with my vote.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #68
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Nilp may come good in the ensuing Days
As indeed, could that skirt-wearing slave-driver, if he is not a lupine. The same could be said, mind you, of most of the crew.
I must soon vote and depart, and I find I have little to go on. These Day One blues can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. They do not have to be this way (as our gallant late co-captain will vouch).
Now, I find myself, as I struggle with such paucity of material, turning my admittedly nebulous suspicion to the effete stowaway who began this talk of Day One boredom: Formendacil. I feel like my bluff is being called and I don't feel comfortable about it.
Nor do I feel entirely comfortable with this Eomer bandwaggon, which got underway before the man even had time to arrive and defend himself.
I could vote for Nilp in a bid to halt it, but I don't really feel comfortable with that either: I would prefer, to use a good nautical phrase, to wait and see the cut of his jib.
I will hold on for as long as I can - but I will have to cast my vote within the hour.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #69
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wesla(dia)mond:accuses Eomer, suggests ganging up on Eomer, suspects SpM for wanting to keep Eomer
*seems more on fun side for now

Sir Anguirel:disagrees with Formen about not catching wolf on first day, claims to have "gotten acquainted" with Eomer;blasts those who vote for Eomer before speaking; suspect list:Morm Jenny Rune, uneasy peace with SpM; misgivings of Gurthang's antiEomer; speculating about Eomer/Morm league
*chumy with Eomer but his defence of Eomer seems more about being fair than in league. very good poems/ballads

Formendacilthesnob: suicidal (sort of) claims to have "job" now
*this actually doesn't sit right with me

Glirdanthedrunk: points to Kath; asks for eye be kept on Gurthang; votes Kath
*not much to go on here

NilpJinkihunter: votes self; declres himself wolf "lynch me"
*no surprises here

Eomerslavedriver:not surprised about animosity towards himself
*nothing to go on

Fridrich Engels:joined the oppressed voted Eomer
*maybe doesn't have time or clever wolf

Durelinjoinininstructor:makes appearance;licks lips about goose;votes Nilp about ninja business (says to stay out)
*the weird thought crossed my mind that these two might be the lovers and Nilp be the wolf and she's being suicidal with him

Gurthangplankman: gives biblical love hint; suspects Glirdan Caran Durelin Jenny (says only first day stuff);suspects Taliesin for bring new suggests to lynch Eomer now not later
*could be bold wolfish behavior (not an original idea)

Kathslave: plots to kill Eomer
*nothing so far

will finish the others and only got to post 64

Last edited by Holbytlass; 06-21-2006 at 10:58 AM. Reason: grammar
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #70
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
And Diamond fancies herself the Dread Pirate Roberta, well I'm sorry dear but that just doesn't sound dreadful to me. It sounds more campy and fun, but I'll take you seriously for a moment *snickering* well if you are the true dread pirate roberta those WW better be careful because their up against...*hysterically laughing* Oh I just can't do it. I can't possible take a pirate who calls herself Roberta seriously.
Well, m'dear Morm -- really, if you are going to take up verbal nitpicking, you may also want to take up reading. My name is Weslamond and I am merely DPR's protégé, not Roberta herself.

And to the ninjas -- funny that you should have created and perpetuated a ninja/pirate rivalry without the help of me or, as far as I can see, Roberta. Odd.

Anyways. All this roleplaying has been rather fun to read through since it's all quite clever, and I do rather agree with Anguirel that it's part of the attraction of Werewolf and shouldn't be disparaged. Still, at this point, after a single read-through I don't have much to go on. I would read over again to look for wolfish slips, but I haven't the time. So, all I know so far is that Morm and Sauce are being annoying and Eomer is getting most of the votes.

Well, this is my chance to vote, so:

+ + EOMER

Shouldn't surprise anyone who played Dueling Wizards. The lad is fiendish, I tell you. Fiendish.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:13 AM   #71
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Arrrgh!

Well, I too must vote early. I have two choices-follow my actual suspicions and vote morm, Form or Rune (Form replaced Jenny who now looks more reasonable); or vote Nilp in a desperate and probably fruitless attempt to save Eomer, who is patently being grudge-lynched!

Well, gulp, a Scot's got to do what a Scot's got to do.

++NILP
Old 06-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #72
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I've got to leave now. I've thought it over, and (particularly with so little to go on) I can't really justify voting for one person I don't particularly suspect (Nilp) to save another person I don't particularly suspect (Eomer). Or vice versa. So I'll go with my original suspicion:

+FORMENDACIL
Old 06-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #73
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Runecrazyslave: obsesses about cheese;joins bandwoagon votes Eomer
*at this point just see vote as easy way out

Mormynitpick: votes Glirdan-doesn't undrstand talk; agrees with Anguirel about leaving Eoemr alone till he speaks
*other than not good reason vote, nothing here

Lhunabarfarama: suggests Firefoot and Gurthang are the lovers; wolves are Firefoot Fineasea Talisien Frederich(TGWBS);votes Eomer
*Eomer bandwagon

JennyRoberta: calls all to focus-beleives a wolf has posted (up to 22); suspects SpM based on bluffing with goose;trusts SpM because of soberness; questions why Gurthang put lover hint-says a real loverwould be quieter.
* I find it odd that she wonders why Gurthang puts lover hint in and then in same post(44) puts in more true love talk between herself and Diamond.

Caranbartender:bar joke banter
*nothing to go on

Taliesincriminal: wants to kill Glirdan for being drunk; doesn't trust SpM Rune defends Eomer;wants Capt's bed
*nothing here

Lalaithfutballwidow: finds Formen and Gurthang odd;suggests voting record will be easier cause wolves will be suspicious of treachery also; says Nilp is being Nilp
*at least is thinking of ways lovers could actually help village

Firefootdogtotting: dog suggests lynch pirates;says SpM talking sense
*nothing to go on

rearadmirableSpM: loads of clever fluff and buffoonery;calls on Formen's possible bluff; suspicious of Rune and Gurthang for Eomer vote/bandwagon; agrres with Lalaith of lovers treachery and early voting record could help village.; reciprocates Anguriel's trust (for now)
*I would be inclined to trust early on but that d*amn goose and the possible blatant bluff

Findseasea: no posts
*wouldn't waste a vote 'cause bolt of ligtening would take care of this passenger if no show tomorrow;

again, analyzed just to post 64
Old 06-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #74
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
Ack, this ship is the worst workplace I have seen in all my years. Murder, slavery, werewolves, and a goose! (If my boss ever saw the state of things here...) On second thought, I guess there are some cheery points, like seclusion…

There have been a few things that I have found interesting so far.

Yes, it is day one, so some degree of joking about lynches and randomness is to be expected, but it seems that the lynch of Eomer could be a great way for a wolf to hide on day one. I also find Eomer’s response to the votes interesting.

Quote:
Eomer- As to today's exchanges, nothing has been too interesting. Although I would say that there are typical old-fashioned masks being hidden behind. Formendacil's "I hate Day One" rhetoric is always hard to make sense of; and Lhuna's "I vote for Eomer" is nearly as traditional. I would put Nilp in with these two but — for obvious reasons — his style is highly unwolvish.
He makes a valid point, it would be quite easy for any of these people to just act as they tend to on day one to hide their newfangled fangs. I do not think that this will cause me to vote for anyone today, but I think it might be useful later in the game when we have more information to go on.

I will go review more and vote in a bit.
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #75
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

All Hail the Jolly Roger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holby
* I find it odd that she wonders why Gurthang puts lover hint in and then in same post(44) puts in more true love talk between herself and Diamond.
"True Love" talk concerning Diamond was a Princess Bride based joke, like both of our occupations, and not one that would imply I was involved with her. In the movie, the Dread Pirate Roberts spares Wesley's life because he claims he has a True Love waiting for him at home.

My confusion concerning Gurthang involved why he would hint that he himself is a Lover. Wild suspicions of others being Lovers are par for the course.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #76
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Well, Eomer and Nilp are in the lead, but I can't say they look very suspicious to me. Of course, no one really does; it's Day 1 and hard to find anything to go by.

So far I'm inclined to trust SpM (due in part to past un-called for lynchings). I probably won't be back toDay, so I'll vote:

++JennyHallu

just because I know how fiendish she can be as a wolf (erm, orc, that is...) Not a great reason for a vote, but the best I can do so far.

Morm-->Glirdan
Lhuna-->Eomer
Rhune-->Eomer
Glirdan-->Kath
Nilp-->Nilp
Engels-->Eomer
Durelin-->Nilp
Diamond-->Eomer
Anguirel-->Nilp
Lalaith-->Form
Caran-->JennyHallu

Glirdan-1, Kath-1, Eomer-4, Nilp-3, Form 1, JennyHallu 1
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #77
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
So the time comes for me to vote...

I can't say that anyone is looking particularly suspicious to me.

++Nilp

Just because we're never going to figure him out unless he's lynched...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #78
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Lalaith- I've also been having some thoughts about the wolves. Now, it is known that these creatures sometimes like to betray their own during lynch votes, in order to appear benign to the innocents. With the presence of the Lovers, this is going to be less likely - the wolves themselves will be very suspicious of treachery. So, (until the Lovers are unmasked, at least) I think voting records will be easier to read than usual.
I may be misunderstanding the role, but I thought that both lovers have to be left alive at the end of the game, and since one is a werewolf and the village can only win when all werewolves are dead. This means that the werewolves will have to win for the lovers to win. If the lovers are on the side of the wolves, they are just an additional person for the wolves to use to cause confusion. I imagine that a wolf being sacrificed to benefit the team overall is probably something that wolves plan ahead of time, or only in a dire case. I don’t think that the lovers will cause treachery among the wolves. I don’t think that it will make the record any easier to read, but harder, as there are five people out there working for the victory of the wolves and to cause confusion.

edit- spelling correction

Last edited by Findëasëa; 06-21-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #79
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Right now my suspect list would be:
Formendacil-'don't kill me, I have a job"
Nilp/Durelin-suicidal lovers?
SpM-that goose!
jenny-points out real lover would be quiet than has True Love talk in her post
Gurthang-biblical love verse

All of these people have things in their posts that seem to be bluffing-some blatantly out there and some in my mind.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #80
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmm...All is going according to my ninja plans?

Wouldn't it be lovely if we lynched his shadow clone...

Actually I would've preferred to lynch Mr. Gander.

I do enjoy my fowl. Roasted, preferably.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote