The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #481
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Inziladun is correct. He, Nogrod and I are the wolves. Vote for Boro, Lottie, or Ozban and we shall take this village.

edit: x-ed with my fellow. Do as he says.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #482
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Did someone call for their cobbler? *Raises hand...erm shoe*

Will today be a lame duck day? I would prefer actually not to die, since I think I've been such a lovely cobbler for you three. (The only one I had down as a wolf though was Nog, I'm afraid). After Skip's stunt I thought for sure he was a wolf, and you saw my desperate attempts to save him. So, I went for the one person I thought was most likely NOT a wolf (aside from the hunter of course) and that was Lottie. I'm so evil.

However, I am here to do your 3's will...if it is to self vote and die, so be it. Yay!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #483
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Boro: just vote one of you three innocent ordo's.

You can pick your choice: Ozban (it would be memorable to him to die this way in his first ww-game!!!) or Lottie. Or if you prefer a self vote... be our guest.

Heh, I was quite confident you were the cobbler. Skip looked so much like a wolf and you didn't vote him yesterDay - and all that talk about preferring dices...

Thanks Skip, btw.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #484
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Good point about Ozban.

++Ozban
Old 10-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #485
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
But I can tell you it was not that easy...

I read through the previous Day and tried to search for any hints to us as to who is the cobbler - as I thought s/he'd had to try to give us something to not kill her/him last Night.

And there was so little... except you Boro. But then again you would be exactly the person who could pull that off trying to look like the cobbler to us so as to heighten the possibilities of us hitting the real cobbler by Night...

But there was little the others offered - and they all voted for Skip. And that I think sealed it in the end.

X'posted...

++ Ozban

Hey, good game Ozban! Fine performance for someone who hasn't played before!

EDIT: I'm off for a moment but will be back seeing how this...
Old 10-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #486
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

No, I'm the real cobbler....
Old 10-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #487
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post

Thanks Skip, btw.
Gah, I'm so mad at him right now. And at you and Boro for actually convincing me to come forward. I should have followed my gut and stayed quiet.

I'm never listening to anything you boys say ever again. Just so you know.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #488
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Nog, hehe I just didn't know what clues to leave. The first couple days I just kind of stayed back, not wanting to get a wolf lynch. I wavered on what to do about Pitch because I thought he was going to be the clear lynch for the day. Then when I saw his reaction that looked like a defeated innocent who realized he had no choice because of Shasta's suspicions, it was ok to go ahead and lynch him.

My comments about me imagining Nog was smirking the entire time behind your computer were true, and I hoped you would at least realize if I wasn't the cobbler, you'd really think I'd just let that go and not unleash an all out assault to see you lynched? Anyway, after I was thorougly convinced you were one of the wolves, I just thought I'd follow your lead and then sacrifice when needed. Thought that opportunity was yesterday, because I thought Skip was a wolf and if he was, then the other 2 wolves should know I'm the cobbler. As it turns out though, yes I can see how it was a difficult thing to figure out?

I was wavering about Inzil, wolf or not could have gone either way. That's why I asked you towards the end of the day what you wanted to do with the lynch. I wanted to give you an "I trust you nod," but at the time was operating under the assumption Skip was a wolf, and I was still unsure about you so decided not to follow.

Aww wilwa! Nice try, but it's too late.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #489
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
No, I'm the real cobbler....
If you hadn't revealed, that would've been such a good move.

Oh, and

++Ozban
Old 10-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #490
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

Aww wilwa!
Haha. I've decided I still love you guys.

Well, this is well deserved. I really felt quite good about all 4 of you, so I have to say I'm surprised all of you are evil, I was sure either Greenie or Lottie had to be, and I was prepared for Ozzy to be one just because he was so good for his first game, I started to wonder if he was getting some guidance behind the scenes.

And it's my own fault for revealing, though I have to say I would have felt better if Skip was evil, cause him being innocent just really makes me feel silly.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #491
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Is this my cue?

++Ozban
Old 10-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #492
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
And well done, Boro! I was wavering about your being the Cobbler because you didn't seem that enthusiastic about helping Pitch. But your help in flushing out the Hunter was very much appreciated.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #493
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

My useless vote then

++Nogorozilwe

Old 10-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #494
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Love you wilwa!

EDIT: Believe it or not, but this was a crosspost!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #495
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Boro: I really thought I screwed up massively after we killed Glirdan-ranger and you pointed it out. Your answer to my improvised explanation was something along the lines "Enough for me on that subject". That was a place I thought you might be the cobbler. I had kind of forgotten that, but when it came down to finding our cobbler for real, your quickness to point that out worried me a bit: like you had the nerves to keep it quiet and then throwing us those cobbler hints yesterDay to just unleash everything toDay! Playing the "all or nothing" as you claimed when voting Lottie...

PS. To those who don't remember, I'm referring to my first post of that Day when I added there that it's intersting how the wolves went to Glirdy and not after the "innocent Nerwen"...

Of course we knew why we went after him, he was the ranger, and it was quite easy to see with our knowledge. But I tried to be as one with no clue hoping someone else would come up with the explanation... I was in a hurry as the TV-show was starting and I only added it when I almost had submitted the reply already... Never make last second additions to your posts! (ww-handbook, rule 5; §17)
Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #496
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
So, I went for the one person I thought was most likely NOT a wolf (aside from the hunter of course) and that was Lottie. I'm so evil.
Could I point out that I KNEW IT? I can? Yay. But yeah, I guessed Boro for cobbler end of yesterDay. This consoles me somewhat, as, other than you and Steve, I totally flubbed with wolf-hunting this game.

++Skip

Again, because I still don't know what he was doing yesterDay.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:52 AM   #497
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Ozban has just left Hobbiton.
Checkmate!

This is the end
My only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die
This is the end.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 AM   #498
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Anyway, we're not dead yet...

++Inzil
Old 10-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #499
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Quote:

Hey, good game Ozban! Fine performance for someone who hasn't played before!
Not really good at all, since you won.

I suspected Inzil at times, I was almost sure about him after he posted his Ozban-analysis. But never really suspected Nog nor Eonwe. Waaay too tricky. But I enjoyed the game.

Later...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #500
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozban View Post
Not really good at all, since you won.

I suspected Inzil at times, I was almost sure about him after he posted his Ozban-analysis. But never really suspected Nog nor Eonwe. Waaay too tricky. But I enjoyed the game.
Hey, I thought my analysis was reasonable enough. I fully intended to push hard for your lynch if we'd killed the Cobbler.

And I'd like to echo those saying you really did very well for your first game. You didn't seem like a newbie at all.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #501
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Awww look at how nice everyone's getting along. Too bad all of you will be wolf-meat soon enough.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #502
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Eye Endless Night falls...

When they had found out Green was missing a disturbing silence settled on the pit when the Elves thought of their options.
"I think it's time," Inziladun said softly.
"Time for us to come out as we are," said Nogrod, nodding, although it of course couldn't be seen in the dark unless you had the eyes of a wolf.
Eönwë nodded in return. "One of you has been crying at nights and begging mercy from us in his sleep. Let him step forwards now and help us."
"And we shall not let him down, but take him to our lord to judge with our recommendations," continued Inziladun.
"It is me," said Boromir quickly. He was surprised to find his voice steady and fearless.

"Treachery!" spat Wilwarin the Hunter, drawing her knife. "Rally to me, faithful ones!"
She could feel first Ozban and then Loslote at her side, their shoulders brushing against hers. She pondered their chances, she with her knife and the two unarmed youths, one of them a hunter and one of them a tag-along. Against them stood three werewolves and a man who had once been a gatewarden, although an incompetent one. It didn't seem promising.

There was a low growl and blood-curdling howling and the three knew Eönwë, Nogrod and Inziladun - once known as two hunters and a weaponsmith - had assumed their wolf forms. Wilwarin heard the few steps a wolf or a dog takes when it's about to leap. "Get down!" she shouted, but her companions were not quick enough. Ozban felt the heavy beast knock him down and he tried to fight with all his strength, not to die here and disappoint his lord Finrod Felagund by failing to return with a word of his friend Lady Thinlómien and their expedition, but the werewolf was too strong for him and it clawed and bit him to death.

"Wait Eönwë!" said a voice, and though horribly distorted, Wilwarin and Loslote recognised it as Inziladun's. "Spare the women."
The beast that had killed Ozban let out a howl but said nothing.
Inziladun continued: "You two need not die here. Just leave your past behind and devote your lives to our Lord Sauron, and he will give you mercy. Wilwarin, he needs hunters like you, you were the best of us all. Loslote, you are young and full of potential - why throw away your life?"
"I will never work for the shadow!" young Loslote declared angrily.
"And I shall never forgive the death of my friends!" Wilwarin shouted. "Come Loslote, we fight!" She put her knife to Loslote's hand. "Take this," she whispered. "When it comes to wrestling against these beasts, I daresay I stand a better chance." Loslote's fingers gripped the hilt of the dagger. "Thank you," she said.
"I told you it would come to this," said Eönwë to Inziladun, his voice as ghastly as his friend's. "They will never give up. Nogrod, wake up! There's work to do."
The werewolf who had once been a master hunter of wolves woke up with a start. He could do little about his narcolepsia.
"Alright then," he said. "On my count... one, two, three..."

There was an ear-piercing concerto of wolf howls and the three deadly beasts jumped at the remaining hunters. Loslote tried to stab at the beast that had knocked her to the ground but the wolf disarmed her with one careless swing of its mighty paw and Wilwarin's dagger that once had been lady Thinlómien's clattered on the stony floor. Then she had no longer any defense against the beast who unceremoniously finished her off with a bite to the neck.

Wilwarin was wrestling with two wolves when she heard the dagger hit the floor. Desperately, she tried to reach for it, but could not move with the weight of the beasts on her. Together, they held her down and clawed her to pieces. It was an agonising death.

With Wilwarin's dying scream, silence once again settled on the pit and darkness even greater seemed than before seemed to emerge. A deep voice full of malice spoke: "Well done, my brave hunters! Now come with me and I will provide for you." The three wolves walked unerringly towards the sound, but Boromir stood doubtingly in the dark. He had heard the last of the Elves slaughtered, and now this Lord of Darkness had come. He hesitated.
"And will you come too, coward?" the malicious voice asked. Boromir nodded. He only wanted out of this place reeking of death. He knelt on the bloody ground. "If you will only have my service, Lord Sauron."
There was an evil laugh which almost sounded like a howl. "I will. You have shown your quality by lasting this long. Follow your friends," said the Lord of Werewolves.

Eönwë, Inziladun, Nogrod and Boromir arrived in a mighty dark hall lit with torches near the ceiling. They were positioned so that they cast strange, moving shadows on the walls. Sauron, the Lord of Werewolves, sat on a throne, fair of face yet terrible to behold with a huge wolf curled at his feet. His eyes met theirs.

"Four out of fifteen remain," he said. "Four cunning and strong Elven hunters for my thralls, trained by Nargothrond." And he laughed for he was in a good mood today. "Tonight, you shall sleep. Tomorrow, you shall join my werewolves and orcs on a quest to capture puppies of northern dire wolves. From them I shall breed the greatest of werewolves and they will be the terror of all of Beleriand! Sleep now, you have deserved your rest."

And so the four were taken away, and the spell of wolvery was taken from upon Inziladun, Eönwë and Nogrod. They were mere Elves again, and would be slaves to the great shadow for the rest of their lives.

When Huan arrived in Nargothrond, his fur streaked with blood and his wise eyes full of sadness and anger, everybody knew what had happened. The fate of the fifteen hunters - Boromir, Eönwë, Glirdan, Green, Inziladun, Legate, Loslote, Nerwen, Nogrod, Ozban, Pitch, Shastanis, Skip, Thinlómien and Wilwarin - inspired troubadours to write laments, people wept in the streets and Finrod Felagund in his high halls bowed his noble head in grief. It would still be years before anyone would successfully defy the might of Sauron and Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

~*~

The Dead
Thinlómien (mod) - murdered in cold blood on Night1
Shastanis (seer) - cast to the pit in the pit on Day1
Pitch (ordo) - driven crazy and throttled in his fur scarf on Day2
Glirdan (ranger) - decapitated by a wolf's paw on Night3
Legate (ordo) - fell to the pit on Day3
Nerwen (ordo) - killed in a nightmare come true on Night4
Skip (ordo) - stoned by a mob disapproving of his poetry on Day4
Green (ordo) - eaten by hungry wolves on Night5
Ozban (ordo) - died in the massacre on Day5
Wilwarin (hunter) - died in the massacre on Day5
Loslote (ordo) - died in the massacre on Day5

The Living
Boromir (cobbler)
Eönwë (werewolf)
Inziladun (werewolf)
Nogrod (werewolf)

WEREWOLF VICTORY! Congrats to the evil team, and my sympathies to the innocents. The game is over now: everybody dead, alive and not taking part, feel free to post. Thanks again to everybody for playing and following the game!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #503
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

My, my, that was a very fantastic final narration. Great game Lommy!

I can't think of all my picks off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure I never hunted a wolf.

You boys definitely deserved that victory, no matter how much it saddens me that I never got to take one of you down.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #504
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Wilwa is completely justified to yell and throw things at me. Glirdan, you are not because I had no part in your death!

Good job to all my wonderful wolvsies, and Moddess for making this a fun game. Even if it was a slaughter, there were lots of interesting days because of the "characters" each one of us can be.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #505
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Quote:
I can't think of all my picks off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure I never hunted a wolf.
In fact you did - on Night2 you were hunting Eönwë and the wolves were even seriously considering killing you (if Nogrod is to be believed). As it happens, Glirdan was also protecting you that Night. I so wished they'd have gone for you instead of him! It would've been hilarious.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #506
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Thumbs up Mwa Ha ha

Whew, what a game! I was most impressed with my pack. I thought we were quite a fearsome combination, with a good mix of personalities. I wasn't expecting to get a chance of being a wolf again so quickly after Fea and Nienna's rep game disaster. I was glad for a chance to atone for my lamentable performance there.

Borobbler was excellent. He was innocent-looking enough that we considered killing him on more than one occasion. Good thing common sense prevailed.

As skip said, we had some definite lucky breaks, starting with Shasta's demise Day 1. That has to be one of the strangest bandwagons I've seen. We had no clue he was the Seer. I just saw an opportunity to lynch an innocent.

Choosing Glirdan was more clear-cut. We thought there was no way he could have had such inside knowledge of who the Ranger might have protected and been a ordo.

And skip: thanks! To think I wanted to kill you the Night after you threatened me!

Thanks Lommy, for a simple, fun, and well modded game.

Quote:
Since we thought of taking our chances and killing you the last Night, I have to know who you hunted then.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #507
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
What a disastrous game for the innocent side!

I could not believe all the tough breaks we got! And the individual and collective screw-ups! The wolves never had to take any chances whatsoever, (at least not during the Days) they could just sit back and watch us destroy ourselves.

Sorry for my fake-reveal hey! I looked at my hand, saw that is was unplayable and decided to go all in with a daring bluff. And in ww much like in poker or life, you are judged by the consequences of your actions, and they were not good. Not good at all.

With the knowledge who the wolves were I highly doubt it would've made any difference to the outcome had I just died quietly on Day 3 though. We were so screwed!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #508
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh the sweetnes of evil destiny!

My first reaction to the PM by Lommy saying I was a wolf was more or less "bugger... not yet again!". I plain hate being a wolf in a game with a seer on board as I have been dreamt a wolf way too many times - a way too early - and getting the seer down has become to me kind of chains that force everything I do as a wolf into that desperate fight of either finding the seer on D1 or 2 or then losing. And I don't like it as it's not so much playing the game but playing a kind of hit or miss for a few Days.

So when I learned Shasta had been the seer my interest to this game sky-rocketed! Finally a game I could really play! And what a team we had!

Kudos Zil & Steve! It was so much fun to plot with you - even if Steve's quota was exceeded more often than not... Hey man, when you're a wolf with passionate players they do send you ten PM's aNight!

Very good Boro! I thought you were acting a bit erratically in the beginning of the game - and your quick withdrawal from suspecting me I quoted earlier was a good thing. And you didn't vote for the "obvious wolf" Skip yesterDay. That made me positive you were our cobbler and we didn't kill you - even if you were quite high in our agenda earlier the Night.

wilwa: I just love you (likeI said before) and am actually a bit sorry as I can see your frustration! To defend myself, I'd have to say that I thought Skip might be the real hunter willing to avoid lynching and thus the possibility of taking an innocent with him (and threathening Zil-wolf, oops...). So I just had to act like a reasonable ordo when the milk has been already spilled...

Glirdan: your doom was your passion to clear Nerwen. It didn't take long for Zil and me to read from the thread afterwards you were taking a strong side defending the scenario that was true, that it was actually you who protected her... You made yourself an easy target.

Shasta: Like some said already in-game, that was the most stupid bandwaggon there ever has been on D1. And what's the best part of it, it was driven by innocents! Zil gave you the second vote, yeah, but that only made it 2-1-1, I gave you the no more meaningful coup de grâce in the end... And God were we happy with that! And so sorry for your first time as the seer. But tell us, did you dream of Nerwen? Or someone else?

Skip: we do owe you for this! You made yourself so incredibly wolfy with your trick we could just lay back and watch it (okay, I had to push it a little at some point that it would only make sense for a SKippywolf to pull that, but anyway). I can actually see your train of thought and it is witty and an understandable one, but in this game it was doomed. And I loved your last words stating that me and Steve are the last remaining ordos...

Ozban: that was a great performance for a first-timer - and I hope you remember the way you died in your first game! *smilie here* At some points you were maybe making a bit odd comments; like that one trusting Steve for his last minute defence of Shasta he knew was innocent, of course - or that questioning of how hairy do you look like yesterDay... In fact those (and the fact that you supported narrowing the lynch down yesterDay to Greenie and Lottie by agreeing with Skip's maths why to do so) made me think you'd be our second best shot for the cobbler and thus our unwillingness to kill you last Night!

Greenie and Lottie: you managed to build trust there and it is not a common achievement. And that was the reason Greenie had to go as we still had to consider the possibility we hit the cobbler with our Night-kill: two innocents trusting each other just would not do if we had to go on fighting for the last lynch. And as Lottie had been suspected that much it was clear Greenie would be killed (just think of a father sending a message to his daughter to kill her sister... *a rolleyes here*)

Pitchie and Legate: You looked reasonable and confident and I was so happy others wished to do away with you without us needing to forcibly drive it... although at some point I did actually think Leg might be the cobbler. You are tough guys to fight against so I was quite happy to see you gone, but had I been on the other side, I'd have weeped losing you guys!

Nerwen: you were as scary as ever being on the other side... well, when I'm innocent and you're innocent I tend to be frightened with you as well. And when we missed killing you I was kind of thinking "oh my, bad karma again", but afterall it turned out fine for us as we thus mamaged to drive forth the ranger... *yet another smilie*

And great thanks to Lommygoddess for a an entertaining and smooth game where the player could trust the moddess does her job - and writes great narrations (I liked the set-up and the last narration especially).

And heh, thanks also to co-mod Aganzir who held her thumbs up to us baddies while the mod was caring more for the innocents! *the last smilie of this post*
Old 10-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #509
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Curiosty led me to read the narrations just now. I didn't think the game had ended when I first started reading. As each Night fell and each Day dawned, I could scarcely believe that the elves never caught a wolf. I guess that was some pretty sweet playing on the wolves' side.

-- Foley
Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #510
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I guess that was some pretty sweet playing on the wolves' side.
You know the Cheshire Cat who vanishes when he wants to?
Old 10-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #511
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
AAAAAAARGH. I can't say I'm surprised, this game was such an epic, epic fail from the village's side. Kudos wolves, you did a great job though we certainly helped you quite a bit...

Shasta, I know I've promised to kill you before, but since you probably want to kill us all for being such morons I think we're squared now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Greenie and Lottie: you managed to build trust there and it is not a common achievement. And that was the reason Greenie had to go as we still had to consider the possibility we hit the cobbler with our Night-kill: two innocents trusting each other just would not do if we had to go on fighting for the last lynch. And as Lottie had been suspected that much it was clear Greenie would be killed (just think of a father sending a message to his daughter to kill her sister... *a rolleyes here*)
That was possibly wise of you - I had huge plans on bluffing I was, in fact, a wolf... You see, my thinking was that with three wolves, three innocents, and a cobbler who doesn't know who the wolves are, our only chance was to fool the cobbler. If the other innocents had seen what I was playing at, we'd have had the cobbler trying to figure out which pack is actually the wolves, which would have been pretty hilarious. (Just imagine a debate where people are trying to argument why they are wolves and the others are not!) But then again, it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway since the cobbler could just have voted himself and seen which pack follows.. I also planned to pose as the cobbler and (hopefully) manage to have a wolf or two vote for me before the real one came out. And then I found out I was dead and was like, crap, nice schemes ruined.

Anyway, thanks everyone for a good game, and to Lommy for modding!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #512
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
That was possibly wise of you - I had huge plans on bluffing I was, in fact, a wolf... You see, my thinking was that with three wolves, three innocents, and a cobbler who doesn't know who the wolves are, our only chance was to fool the cobbler.
Heh, that was the reason we all came out in the very beginning of the Day, all of us three with all the names. The cobbler would have no doubt...

No innocent could have drawn that alone.

So it was no haphazard - or overconfidence - we did that. We did that exactly to bar that kind of ploys by a witty innocent!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #513
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Quote:

Ozban: that was a great performance for a first-timer - and I hope you remember the way you died in your first game! *smilie here* At some points you were maybe making a bit odd comments; like that one trusting Steve for his last minute defence of Shasta he knew was innocent, of course - or that questioning of how hairy do you look like yesterDay... In fact those (and the fact that you supported narrowing the lynch down yesterDay to Greenie and Lottie by agreeing with Skip's maths why to do so) made me think you'd be our second best shot for the cobbler and thus our unwillingness to kill you last Night!
Thank you, for your kind words "master-hunter".
I think I should explain some points you brought up above.

That thinga about trusting Steve was an bluff attempt, his defense of Shasta seemed somehow false to me and my exclamation of trust for him was just an attempt to make others think about it, and keep low profile in the process.

And when I questioned about my hairyness, I had similar intentions, I felt I can die that night, so I wanted others to rewiew Zil's post on myself, because Zil was really suspected by me at that moment. Unfortunately I seemed to be the only one, so I did not try to lynch him. I thought I could not be succesful and it would draw too much undesired attention.

And just a last remark. When I wrote, that we need to go all out in order to win, I meant it. And I really wrote truth, or what I considered it to be. But nobody followed my example.

Thanks all for the game, especially Lommy-mod. I do like your narations.

See you all around...
Old 10-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #514
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
O
Skip: we do owe you for this! You made yourself so incredibly wolfy with your trick we could just lay back and watch it (okay, I had to push it a little at some point that it would only make sense for a SKippywolf to pull that, but anyway). I can actually see your train of thought and it is witty and an understandable one, but in this game it was doomed. And I loved your last words stating that me and Steve are the last remaining ordos...
Yeah

I was pretty sure Greenie was a wolf. Apart from that, completely in the dark, and obviously I was wrong about her too. Those last words were just a last desperate roll of the dice though, don't even remember what I hoped to achieve with them...

Well, my first and best hope with the reveal was to get a wolf's life over mine on Day 3. Felt better and better about Legate, but still, he could've been a wolf and had he been one I think I'd look better the next Day. On the other hand, had I been lynched the village would go into Day 4 with a desperate situation on their hands. So I took a gamble. It didn't come off.

On Day 4 my highest hope was to reveal properly and for the real hunter to remain hidden. Hopefully understand what I was going for, or if not, thinking me the cobbler and maybe hunting me but not risking the reveal for it. Then I'd be unlikely to get lynched (which I felt I was a great risk given how Day 3 went). Had this happened we could focus on others and have better chances of actually hitting a wolf.

My second best scenario (though much less preferable) was that the real hunter would come out, and we'd have a known innocent. If that had to happen I hoped that it would be early that Day. I actually hoped, if not believed, that the innocent people would trust me, because to my mind, doing something like that really would have been stupid for a baddie given how the game had played out, both for a wolf and for a cobbler. They had no need to take a risk like that.

I mean, why would a wolf, whose team was winning handsomely, expose himself like that? And likely putting himself up against the dangerous hunter (who'd likely hunt him) as the two lynch-alternatives?

And I hoped, by the end of the Day, that by painting a target on myself the baddies would finally show their true colours. If we'd only be able to come into Day 5 with a fighting chance, the game could turn around.

But it was a terribly risky plan...

Did you, innocents, even consider that I might have been and ordo too?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #515
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
That was possibly wise of you - I had huge plans on bluffing I was, in fact, a wolf... You see, my thinking was that with three wolves, three innocents, and a cobbler who doesn't know who the wolves are, our only chance was to fool the cobbler.
Yeah, I was hoping for that actually, that there would be six wolves trying to convince the cobbler to vote with their team. It was your only chance at that point and it was slim.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #516
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I thought of the very thing you talked about Greenie. So before anything else during the "night" I decided if that happened and I saw like 5 wolf reveals...I was just going to pull a. Oh forget it...

++Boro
Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #517
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
++Nogorozilwe
You know what, that should actually be a word in some language... like this:

nogorozilu- (verb) to outwit one's opponents by cunning dissimulation and masterful exploitation of every incredible blunder they kindly commit
nogorozilwe (noun) the art/skill of nogoroziluing
nogorozilev (adjective), nogorozileve (adverb) having/displaying/acting with nogorozilwe
nogorozilevadun (agental noun) someone who nogorozilus, a nogorozilev person

In other words, kudos wolves and cobbler! *bows down low* I still can't quite believe that you owned this village without so much as a scratch on a single one of you, but you were obviously beyond us - a nightmare pack! I had my doubts about Zil, but Eönwë flew safely under my caribou, and Boro looked good to me all the time; as for Nog:

D1
Pitchie's guts: Don't like Nog. He looks fishy.
Pitchie's brain: You know, you may have a point. I don't trust him either.
Pitchie's guts: Yep. He's a wolf, I tell you. - Hey, what are you doing voting Shasta?
D2
Pitchie's guts: So what about Nog?
Pitchie's brain: Hm, I don't know. He does behave like an innocent there.
Pitchie's guts (somewhere in the distance): ...hesawolfhesawolfhesawolf...
Pitchie's brain: Nah, I don't think so. Shut up.
[...]
D5
Nog: *flips wolf*
Pitchie's brain: *headdesks*
Pitchie's guts (sulking): When will you ever start listening to me?

Worst thing is, I think we've been through this before...

Shasta, I'm awfully sorry your first game as a Seer was cut short like this by what was indeed one stupid bandwagon - and that in a game where we would really have needed a psychic Seer! So in a sense, I guess we sort of deserved what we got. (Although I must say being lynched as a dreamed wolf when I was actually innocent wasn't exactly a gas either...)

wilwa, bravely fought and hunted! When I saw your counter-reveal, I just knew you had to be the true Hunter, you were so genuinely frustrated (and the way you kept alluding to McCaber's Innsmouth game, there was no way you'd make that mistake a second time as a baddie). And nice idea to hint at your pick like like that, I must remember that for when I get to be the Hunter sometime.

Glirdan, that was a splendid ranger save in Night One - a pity you got no chance to repeat it.

Legate, when you were lynched and turned out innocent I felt so rotten for repaying your trust in my innocence with suspicion; wish we could have joined forces against those dratted wolves and worked together ! (On the other hand, next time I'm a wolf and you're not, I'll have to kill you ASAP - you obviously read me too well!)

Greenie and Lottie, I'll second Nog's words about building trust. Innocents not trusting each other enough may have been one of our biggest handicaps in this game.

Nerwen, you were sharp and insightful as usual, glad we had you on our side!

skip, I had a hunch you might be innocent on D2, but that fake reveal and following un-reveal confused me as much as it did the living. Such tends to be a short cut to the gallows - ask wilwa, she can tell you all about it!

Ozzy, never mind losing, that was a great first game indeed! You fit into this loony crowd like you've been here for ages, down to the spirit of dying with a song on your lips! Hope we've got you hooked and I get to play with you again.

Lommy, thanks for your reliable modding and lovely narrations, it was a fun game, even if unlucky for us innocents - but thanks to Nog's spilling, we now know who to blame for that! *tries to glower at Agan, but can't keep it up*

Last edited by Pitchwife; 10-14-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: got allusion to past game wrong, corrected
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #518
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
I thought of the very thing you talked about Greenie. So before anything else during the "night" I decided if that happened and I saw like 5 wolf reveals...I was just going to pull a. Oh forget it...

++Boro
But tell me this: Had an ordo, a few minutes after Inzil posted something like "We, Ozban, Lottie and Wilwa" are the remaining wolves, would you have known who to side with?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #519
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
But tell me this: Had an ordo, a few minutes after Inzil posted something like "We, Ozban, Lottie and Wilwa" are the remaining wolves, would you have known who to side with?
Probably not, even though I was pretty convinced about Nog being a wolf and Lottie was not one, I would have just doubted everything I "thought" I knew.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #520
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
And heh, thanks also to co-mod Aganzir who held her thumbs up to us baddies while the mod was caring more for the innocents! *the last smilie of this post*
Well, I wasn't even siding with you all the time, I really hoped the ranger would thwart you the first two nights because, well, it would just have been so funny. And I didn't do much as the unofficial co-ish mod-ish, I only helped Lommy select the roles...

"Okay I have 14 pieces of paper and a pen, see!"
"Umm... Yeah... I'll just write this narration first."
"Do you have a hat somewhere?"
"Err... A hat? Maybe..."
"How long will it take you to write it?"
"Hmm... What did you say? Oh... Dunno..."
"Hmph."
"Okay I'm ready now, do you have the pieces of paper?"
"Yeah... Just a second..."

"Is that Darth Vader Eönwë?"
"Who's that? Inzil? Why on earth does he look like that?!" "I tried to make him look like me because you all said he does!"
"Oh, that's my dad, right?"
"Is it Shasta?" "Yeah, he's Simba."
"That's wilwa."
"What's that?" "A rainbow." "Oh. Is it Glirdy then?" (sidenote: sorry Glirdy, I was trying to decide how to draw you when Lommy let me know she was ready so I had to think of something quick. )
"What. On. Earth. Is. That???" "Sunglasses, corset, and a tan. Does it ring a bell?" "Err... Boro?"
"What's this one? A ball?" "Yeah, a special kind of ball. A small shiny ball." "I have no idea!" "Think of people's real names..." "Err?" "Stupid, it's a pearl!" (Greenie's name means pearl in Finnish)
"That's easy. Loslote."
"Is it... Ozban?" (He's a Warrior Butterfly, and he can only blame himself for talking interesting stuff when he's drunk.)
"Umm... Who's that?" "See the pinky finger?" "Ah it's skip!" (For the record, all Swedish people are gay. This is fact.)
"I'm guessing that's Galadriel which makes her Nerwen."
"Legate."
"Hahaha is that Pitchwife?" "Yes, he says 'Ei be ze Deutsch.'"

Anyway good game everybody, it was fun following it. The best thing ever was Pitch's If it means I'm a wolf, then so was Hegel, though. :-----D