Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2015, 03:28 AM   #17
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Shield

I think it would be great to kick this off, and I think any previously uninvolved players coming in (or old players coming back) would be a great thing (Mith, Zil, Snowdog)... that might help starting it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If we're not in a super-hurry, I think lmp and myself could come up with a short(ish) intro into what has happened before, and maybe some ideas as to where we'd jump.

Although I think it would be nice to have ideas as to where to jump especially from you who have been at the Mead Hall already and have at least a rough idea where we have been thus far.

So which things, relations, general background trends, overall developments etc. you'd like to keep and which you'd rather get rid of?

Any brand new ideas from people who haven't been writing to the Mead Hall previously?
I think time jump sounds reasonable. The main thing would be probably to figure out how is the Mead Hall working now, or what has happened, who is in charge, who is around (maybe the "shuffling of lords" can somehow also account in "shuffling of characters, if we have new players and some older ones are not around) etc. If there's any way I can help with brainstorming, I'm here, although probably the main portion would rest with Nog and LMP, them also being around in the game since its beginnings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Yes! Count me in.

Aside from a general drop off in writers, I feel like where we really got stuck there at the end was with figuring out what to do with that body that was discovered... I at least didn't have any good ideas.
"Body? What body!!!" <= further proof that I have no recollection whatsoever of what happened.

In either case, I'd be really happy to pick up Hilderinc again and now take up the chance to flesh him out a bit more. Maybe even pick up another random character or former NPC (maybe some of the other fellow soldiers originally invented for background, or who knows) - not that I want to overload myself (now that we have the 'Downs again, a classic trap), but I think more than one character will give me a bit more freedom of interaction also at times when one is "out of sight" of the main happenings (which tended to happen, now that I read back. Of course having one character was intentional when I was starting in the Mead Hall, I didn't want to take too many characters before I knew the place and all, but now I think the situation would be different).

And what happened in the end to Scyrr, the annoying and fighty guy who was originally a NPC, and then I believe several people even "adopted" his character for a time? (Strangely, I think he turned out to get much more personality than some "full-time" characters.) Probably nothing, but he was fun to have around - also a good "catalyser", I'd be for keeping him, whoever handles him. Or, if we do a larger time-jump, it might be even fairly interesting to have characters like him "developed".

In any case, yes. Let's figure out where we want to start off now, first of all.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories