The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2003, 02:55 PM   #1
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting 15 second Return of the King trailer

I apologize if this is violating any rules, but if not, I thought you'd all enjoy a look at this <P><A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/051603_rotk.mpg" TARGET=_blank>http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/051603_rotk.mpg</A>

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 03:17 PM   #2
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Exciting stuff....but NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!
Old 05-17-2003, 03:45 PM   #3
Tinuviel87
Haunting Spirit

Tinuviel87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel87
Silmaril

AHHHH the link didn't work for me!!! *shuffles away dissapointedly...*
Old 05-17-2003, 06:38 PM   #4
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

It worked for me! that must have came from the video game show where they were giving sneak peeks of the EA Return of the King game. I wonder who had the guts to bring a camera into there
Old 05-17-2003, 06:49 PM   #5
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Need much much more, like three-four hours more, but other then that it was really cool. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2003, 07:46 PM   #6
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

Oh wowee, wow, wow!<P>Thanks for posting this!<P>15 seconds of footage I didn't think we'd get to see just yet!<P><I>*sighs*</I><P>
Old 05-17-2003, 08:23 PM   #7
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

It's strange how things like this actually <I>excite</I> me... <P>Iarwain<p>[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]
Old 05-17-2003, 08:57 PM   #8
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Well, it took an age to load on my computer, but it was well worth it. Thanks, Shy Hobbit, for that.<P>And, as far as I see, the shots of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli confirm once and for all that the Paths of the Dead will be in.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:33 PM   #9
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ohhh My Gosh!!!!!!!! Thank you soooooooo much!!!!! That was very cool!! Can't wait for more!
Old 05-18-2003, 01:43 AM   #10
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Well, it took an age to load on my computer, but it was well worth it. Thanks, Shy Hobbit, for that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yea it took an age to load on my computer to!! And yea it was well worth it!!!!! Thanks Shy Hobbit!!
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 05:36 PM   #11
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Sting

Aww, you're welcome everybody! It was just too good not to share Ya'll are right though, it's not nearly enough. *sigh* Although I see that the Paths of the Dead are in, it appears the only ones there are the three hunters. Oh well, since it looked rough, some of this footage may not even make it to the final cut. There are also some new pics at the official site, lordoftherings.net. <P>Exciting stuff! Do we really have to wait 7 months to see this movie?

Old 05-18-2003, 08:26 PM   #12
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> It's strange how things like this actually excite me... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ditto
Old 05-19-2003, 08:25 AM   #13
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

7 months and counting, can't wait though. How many days is that...<BR>Really can't be bothered to work it out! <P>Anyone a Legolas fan out there?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:15 AM   #14
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks for posting that Shy Hobbit! I'm soooo glad that The Paths of the Dead will definitely be in the movie!<P>Feared Half-Elf: Hi! Welcome to the Barrow Downs! It is 211 days, 12 hours, and 45 minutes 'til ROTK! <p>[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Firondoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 12:44 PM   #15
Akasha36

Ring

I thought that was a cool little trailer!
Old 05-19-2003, 01:10 PM   #16
Lossentilien
Wight

Lossentilien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*grinning* It was real quick on my computer. Can't wait for a longer, less jumpy, one though. At least the Paths of the dead should be in it. But in the extended dvd there's that easter egg, and there's footage in that TTT trailer that wasn't actually in the film. But they'd better include the Paths of the Dead.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:10 PM   #17
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Wohooo!! That is very cool.. Thanx a bunch, Shy Hobbit! And welcome to the Downs Akasha36! Have a buch of fun here, yes?
Old 05-19-2003, 02:31 PM   #18
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Thank you sooo much, she hobbit. I have been waiting and waiting for some sort of news of ROTK previews or anything. You have calmed my anxiety...for now at least. Now, I believe I shall go watch it about 100 more time...just so I'm sure I didn't miss any the first few...10 times I watched it. Yes, I'm obsessed, and yes, I'm rambling on now. But can you blame me?
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 04:17 PM   #19
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Yes, I'm obsessed, and yes, I'm rambling on now. But can you blame me? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I didn't honestly expect anyone to watch it *just* once <P>But I noticed something new each time I did! <BR> <p>[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: Shy Hobbit ]

Old 05-20-2003, 09:09 AM   #20
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

Quoth the Raven<BR>Can't use the link now, I'm at school. But I can't wait to watch it. <BR>Nevermore
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:46 AM   #21
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Silmaril

Hey awesome avatar dunadan_aragorn!! <P>Well at least we'll be able to watch the ten minute preview on the TTT DVD if they don't release an offical trailer before then... I HOPE THEY DO!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2003, 04:52 PM   #22
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Well at least we'll be able to watch the ten minute preview on the TTT DVD if they don't release an offical trailer before then... I HOPE THEY DO!!!!!!!!<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm thinking there <I>might </I> be one attatched to Pirates of the Carribean, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Old 05-20-2003, 10:39 PM   #23
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Location: Somewhere between the back of the chair and the monitor
Sleeping Beauty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via MSN to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via Yahoo to Sleeping Beauty
Tolkien

That was great, thanks! Though there wasn't any spoilers... Oh well, I'll live. :-D
Old 05-21-2003, 10:35 AM   #24
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

How about over a minute.<P>This is at OneRing. Warning: Long download but worth it.<P><A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/rotk-e3-stream.mov" TARGET=_blank>http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/rotk-e3-stream.mov</A><P>Mostly battle scenes but it looks very cool (well, besides the game preview at the end). <P>One thing caught my eye though. There's a couple of shots of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in a cave and the natural assumption would be the Paths of the Dead. The interesting thing is that you cannot see any other people (Dunedain or Elves) around them. If you frame advance through the shots, there looks to be a couple of figures in the background to the right of Aragorn, but in the next shot with Gimli the two figures have not moved and in fact are in the exact same location in the frame. (sorry I can't capture these to show you exactly what I'm talking about). I think the figures in the background are Pukel-men outside the cave entrance and the two shots are actually from a single shot in the movie of our three heroes walking past the camera as they enter the cave.<P>So what am I getting at? From this it appears that Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli travel the Paths of the Dead alone. It could be just these shots, but considering this looks like a stationary shot of the party entering the caves, I think we should be able to see any others that are there, unless of course our heroes are at the back of the line, but that seems unlikely.<P>H.C.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:56 AM   #25
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> From this it appears that Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli travel the Paths of the Dead alone. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That makes sense. I have always doubted that Halbarad and co will turn up. That leaves the only possible companions for Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas as the surviving Elves from Helm's Deep, and there's no real reason for them to accompany Aragorn and co.<P>I don't really have any problem with them going down the Paths of the Dead alone. We know that there will inevitably be variations from the book and this one, if true, doesn't trouble me too much. In fact, it might make the whole episode a lot more "personal" to the three protagonists. It will also make the episode a lot more suspenseful if they are on their own, on foot, rather than accompanied by a contingent of mounted warriors.<P>And for all those who are bothered by it, take comfort from the fact that Arwen doesn't look to be there.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:58 PM   #26
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And for all those who are bothered by it, take comfort from the fact that Arwen doesn't look to be there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>That was exactly my first thought. I think it does mean that we will not be seeing the sons of Elrond though (an unlikely prospect in the first place). We can also take comfort that in all those scenes of battle we didn't see Arwen once (then again we only see Eowyn looking sorrowful right at the beginning).<P>Here's a question. Do you think Aragorn will have Anduril by the Paths of the Dead? Will Arwen just drop off the sword (and bannar?) and then blow out of there? Maybe she will show up at Minas Tirith with it after the battle of Pellenor Fields. This is a plotting issue as I think Aragorn needs something like Anduril to rally the forces of the dead.<P>I guess I'm drifting off topic. Maybe I should start a new thread.<P>H.C.<p>[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 05-21-2003, 02:11 PM   #27
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OOOOH! the 15 second one was marvelous!! except...*tear tear, sob* the one minute one didnt work. AAAAARGH!!! NEED MY COMPUTER FIXED!!<P>Ever notice how hard it is to type with your fingers taped together?
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:06 PM   #28
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Thanks for that one, HC. It gave me a good chortle thinking of the person who bootlegged it. <P>Iarwain
Old 05-22-2003, 12:32 AM   #29
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Sting

Unfortunately my computer has a habit of freezing whenever i try to download movies and so forth...so i wasn't able to see the trailer unfortunately But i have a question...are the pictures <A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net/index.html" TARGET=_blank>here</A>(click on exclusive new images) taken from that particular trailer?

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 08:32 AM   #30
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No, some of the shots were the same but there were different ones as well. Here is a link to the stills of the trailer<P><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/790" TARGET=_blank>TORN stills of the EA trailer</A><P>Unfortunately the trailer itself has been taken down at the request of New Line.
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:14 AM   #31
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Since I can't view either trailer, can someone confirm whether there was any footage of Denethor?<BR>If there was, expect both screams of rage and desperate pleas for kind souls to take pity upon her and let her see the material<BR>*breaks down in tears* I want to see the trailers... *wails*
Old 05-22-2003, 12:11 PM   #32
Tasslehoff_55
Pile O'Bones

Tasslehoff_55 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Tasslehoff_55 Send a message via AIM to Tasslehoff_55
Tolkien

drat! my school computer filtering system lets me get to barrowdowns and login *heeheeheeheeeheehee...* but i get blocked from previews. UGHWUG!!!!!!
His love for Frodo rose above all other thoughts, and forgetting his peril he cried aloud:"i'm coming, Mr.Frodo!" He ran forward to the crown of the climbing path, and over it. At once the road turned left and plunged steeply down. Sam had crossed into Mordor.
¤§ Tåsslehoff §¤
Tasslehoff_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 01:08 PM   #33
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Since I can't view either trailer, can someone confirm whether there was any footage of Denethor?<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Nope, I don't think there was any Denethor. Hope that makes you feel a little better Meela.<P>H.C.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:47 PM   #34
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thank you, yes that does but I still would like to see the trailer... *sob*<P>Oh, and congrats on reaching 500 posts. You can officially join us as a Ghost Prince Of Cardolan.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:26 PM   #35
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting

Hmm... This one-minute trailer seems to be quite slow on my computer. At the very end, when it shows a fight between Gandalf, I think, and someone else, it looks like a very chipped video game because he's moving around like a robot... Sorry, but it made me laugh so hard. Must be my internet connection.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:20 PM   #36
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, a choppy trailer's better than no trailer at all (the first link didn't work for me). I'm slightly hyped, but not horribly. Give me another month or three when TTT comes out on DVD.<P>No, you're not imagining and it's not your connection: the last few moments of Gandalf fighting are a video game.
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:18 PM   #37
Edie
Newly Deceased

Edie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

cool! I can't wait for one to come out at lordoftherings.net!
Old 05-23-2003, 02:41 AM   #38
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

HAHA. Mine downloaded in 10 seconds! I love College Broadband connection.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:37 AM   #39
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I have no idea when that will be, but I hope it is soon, It seemed like last year at this time that we actually knew when a trailer was going to be released. This time though New Line seems to be going slow and steady, not letting much out because it could very easly give away part of the story. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I'm guessing that they are waiting for the hype surrounding Matrix-Reloaded and The Hulk to die down a bit. It's all a business decision.<P>H.C.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:48 AM   #40
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Silmaril

Hey thats awesome!!! The mintue long one still works for me!!!! And I must say I really enjoyed it!!! ROTK is gonna rock!!!!<BR>