The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #401
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
The Living:

Glirdan - an easy wolf to spot.
A Little Green - her usual innocentish wolf self.
Nerwen - the least suspicious of the girls.
Cruel!

GLIRDAN I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!

Thanks for the game. I loved it (as you can see - I'm still awake) even though we seemed to have the worst of luck.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #402
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
All done!

Shasta got it almost right.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #403
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh I had forgotten about Lommy but she was a very strong cobbler candidate for me.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #404
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Ang & Boro! How do you explain your play toDay? Especially Ang, what was that doing deals with tp whom we here in the dead thread held as a known bad-guy most of the time? (well I knew he was that but the others kind of went to and fro, but mainly suspecting him - heavily)

Ha-ha. I think I need to eat a hat in a live net-broadcast... Let's se about that.

I finally got Glirdy right though... small comfort that is.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #405
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nog was lying eh? Eh?!?!

(It's my own fault, really. That whole exchange did look rather silly.)

Also, as soon as Phantom snapped at me for my "you're the cobbler taking one for the team" comment, I knew that my gut had been right and we were all dead. I'm sorry, guys.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #406
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm glad I pegged Nerwen and Glirdan in the first two days. It almost makes up for the fact that if I'd stayed alive, I'd have probably let Greenie live indefinitely.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #407
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Oh you poor poor people totally didn't see it coming!! Ahahahahaha!!

Two things:

1) I'm sure none of you will want to see me alive after Day 1 ever again

2) This is my first win as a Wolf where i was still alive at the end!! Hehehehehe!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #408
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Yeah when you read the posts here you can see our anti-phantom attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I'm glad I pegged Nerwen and Glirdan in the first two days. It almost makes up for the fact that if I'd stayed alive, I'd have probably let Greenie live indefinitely.
I knew she was up to something when she didn't question me as usual.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #409
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I played so terribly... It's almost as if some of it was purposeful.

*giggle*
Old 02-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #410
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post

*giggle*
Read up on our exploits here. You'll see that we noticed.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #411
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:

*giggle*
Is there any part of your body you don't want bruised tomorrow?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #412
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Oh, and to our wonderful Cobblers, you played your parts amazingly well!! Including sir Legate who had to drop out unexpectedly.

Sally, Angu, I'm sorry for being so amazingly devious :P
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #413
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
That was excruciating to watch. I mean, it's bad enough to be a seer that isn't believed, but to be one for almost an entire game! Plus, Agan's trick was brilliant: if only Nog had called her bluff.

If only Boro had come back and called Phantom's bluff, too... that was pretty intense there at the end. For a while I thought Ang recognized the Phabbler and was playing a wolf to trick him, actually. Also:
Why did no one ask Phantom to produce the coded hints he claimed all good seers would leave?

Really, though, amazing work by the baddies here. It was a very fun game to watch: although it dragged a bit in the middle (I expect because you all got too caught up in the signaling business to do much actual wolf-hunting), it picked up again at the end. Too late, though, for the village... and now we have lots of company here in Mandos!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #414
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Read up on our exploits here. You'll see that we noticed.
Yeah, I thought there was a chance of a combo of Nog plus my play would cause this thread to turn anti-Phantom, which is why I made sure to continue giving orders to the Dead, as I assumed it would infuriate you guys.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #415
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Nope, he wants you to be mean. He likes it rough. Believe me, I know.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #416
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Please kick him for me. Several times.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #417
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Question sir phantom, did you know who we were??
Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #418
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Glirdan, Nerwen, and Green- well done!! I wasn't actually certain who all three of you were, so I tried to play as open-ended as I could and allow for the wind to blow where it would. This last day was just the worst, trying to look like I wanted to lynch others while at the same time trying to ensure that the lynch would be either Daughter or I. If I had played it any differently I was afraid Daughter would lean more heavily Cobbler than Wolf for me and so change her pick.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #419
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

In answer to your question Glirdan, I was fairly confident about Green, somewhat confident about you, and unsure of Nerwen. I have no idea why, but for some reason I practically kept forgetting that she was playing. She just continually slid off my brain. Sally I figured was innocent, and same with Ang and Daughter before their reveals. Boro was my fourth possible candidate and seeing as he was possibly Wolf, possibly Cobbler, and probably absent, he seemed like the best gamble for my reveal given the way I was positioned.

(Had my reveal backfired through his interference I would have tried to put a spin on it along the lines of "Darn it! I thought for sure you were my Cobbler! Bah, guess I'm caught!" so that I would be lynched.)
Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #420
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hats off to:

Greenie
Nerwen
Glirdy

You were very good indeed! Letting the loudmouths take the blame with their own scheming...

Although I'm a bit worried about this recent general developement where the wolves just lay low and play safe (Glirdan actually wasn't doing that) - RL reasons (like I think in this game) or not (like in some other games) - and win the games one after another. We'd probably need a new campaign of "anyone not commiting will be lynched first" -feeling to turn this sad trend around.

In general this game was a bit handicapped because not only so many people jumped out (the two innocents leaving the last NIght was just a too heavy blow), but also the players involved played really little - especially in Mandos. It was quite sad the people disappeared after dying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
It was a very fun game to watch: although it dragged a bit in the middle (I expect because you all got too caught up in the signaling business to do much actual wolf-hunting), it picked up again at the end.
I think the downing of the 'Downs also mattered. At last for me it did as I was quite a long time without access...

But yes, a great fun in the end.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #421
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Shasta - I am actually sorry for having killed you that early, but to both Greenie and I, you were seeming Gifted and we needed you out of the. That and you were an untraceable kill. We almost switched just before DL as your love Nerwen didn't want to see you go, but we stuck with you.

Fea - my darling, lovely Fea, you were just too dangerous to keep around. That plus both Nerwen and I felt you were a Gifted of some sort and we needed you gone.

Mith - the same was with you as it was with Fea. You were too dangerous and you were our pick when the Ranger saved you (Angu, I think you just got lucky with that one, didn't you?), so we knew you were a guaranteed kill.

EDIT: I would just like to add that it is TERRIBLY difficult to co-ordinate with people on the opposite side of the planet (well, nearly anyways lol), yet we still managed. Even with a down's crash, a Greenie absenteeism for a Night and Nerwen's terrible internet connection, we still did it

Last edited by Glirdan; 02-04-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #422
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Nog... I'm not even sure what to say to you...

I felt happy and sad at the same time when you died. Kind of felt like a jerk.

Lynching Lommy on the other hand- well that was just delightful!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #423
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Oh, hush Fea & Maria. She doesn't need the encouragement.

Sally- if you do anything to cause bleeding or serious bruising tomorrow, I will go home and pull Voldy's head off and mail it to you. Do you want his blood on your hands?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #424
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

the phantom: I'm just too curious, what did you think of Ang when he started making all these hints to you that you three musketeers should bring it on home - and suggested in no unclear terms you stayed away from Boro - and then started carrying Elron by the handle when she revealed to the horror of us here in the Deadland?

Elron & Ang: you were two kills from the disaster, so why did you think revealing would help you? Wasn't it the contrary? The wolves would have loved to know whom to avoid as the victory was soo near?

And did anyone really trust the phantom being the seer? I lost all confidence with him on D1 and dreamt of him the next Night, but also Aganzir got quite positive tp was not doing good the next day. And the point was: he was making all his schemes he always does, but this time they were filled with errors and all of them bad for the innocents...

And really, even if the guys here in Mandos were doing their best to ignore anything I said, with tp they agreed with me.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #425
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
From the phone: @Glirdy - untraceable? After the fight I had with Nog? Try again.

And well done, all!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #426
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nog... I'm not even sure what to say to you...
Heh, don't mention it. Like I said here in this thread one Day (or Night), I would probably have been lynched even if I had gone to sleep early enough not to make a fool of myself that Day; so the milk was already spilt - by some nasty people (looking at the list of wolves I'm getting totally new ideas how it went back there, but will not think about it further).

Anyway, it was a fun game, and surely a challenge from N3 on... and I do like challenges.

Sadly I was so mislead by Ang and Boro that missed the real culprits for too long.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #427
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Personally I didn't doubt Ang's reveal, and his willingness to team up with me didn't particularly concern me. If it was a trap then it was. It didn't matter because I already planned to do something quite drastic which I doubted would fall into any sort of preset guilt/innocence category in his head. Basically my reveal sabotaged the alliance, which I assumed would make Ordos think "Why would a baddie do such a thing? It appeared he had this lynch in hand? Why would he screw it up for himself?"

As far as the schemes, I actually wasn't intending for them to be negative. All the stuff I came up with on Day 1 was simply a result of me not knowing the rules and wanting someone else to theorize and make sense of it for me. By some point during Day 2 however I think I pretty well had a handle on things, and unless I'm much mistaken I don't believe I recommended anything harmful after that.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #428
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
From the phone: @Glirdy - untraceable? After the fight I had with Nog? Try again.
Hehehe, fair enough....no, it was actually more random then anything. You were the only one that Greenie and I agreed on and when Nerwen finally reappeared (due to internet connection problems), it was too late as I had sent in the kill. Just so happens we lucked out and you were actually a Gifted.

Oh, and I just finished reading all of this thread and noticed that only two people ever considered me a Wolf and we killed both of them early on (no offense you two but.....YES!!! ). Oh, and Boro (who texted me saying he hates me...but I know my big bro doesn't )

Okay, I'm finally going to go to bed as I have to work in about nine hours. Night all.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #429
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Silmaril

There, there, village. You really did have some bad luck.

I do feel we wolves owe a great deal to phabbler– I was getting quite worried going into the last Day, knowing there were at least two gifteds still alive, and possibly no cobblers at all. ( Nog, I'm afraid even we wolves weren't sure whether you or phantom was the baddie.)

I'll tell you what, I'm having fun reading back through this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
IF ANG IS NOT A WOLF I WILL EAT A HAT IN A LIVESTREAM PERFORMACE IN THE INTERNET!
Well?
Old 02-05-2011, 04:11 AM   #430
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
urgh

well

I can come back to life, I'll be ok. I don't think I'll boast much about this at the Last Homely House, right. The real story of Glorfindel and his Balrog...

and the biggest irony? I think I shall leave the Dead thread the Unread Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #431
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Mith - the same was with you as it was with Fea. You were too dangerous and you were our pick when the Ranger saved you (Angu, I think you just got lucky with that one, didn't you?), so we knew you were a guaranteed kill.
I don't think it was luck it was judgement. Maybe it was lucky for you he didn't have the job from the startOr that all o f the three people who were modfired / dropped out were in the "innocent" tally and two were innocent... Rather ungenerous in such a whitewash to assume that one positive action that stymied you was purely luck..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #432
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Oh, hush Fea & Maria. She doesn't need the encouragement.

Sally- if you do anything to cause bleeding or serious bruising tomorrow, I will go home and pull Voldy's head off and mail it to you. Do you want his blood on your hands?
My sweet Voldy!

And I've already begun drafting a petition to have you deemed an unfit parent. Voldy will likely be placed in my care (being the nearest living relative, and his mother a foreigner and all) after your shenanigans. Besides, you're bringing him with you. He needs snuggles from Aunt Sally. <3

Nog: I love you, dear.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #433
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I don't think it was luck it was judgement. Maybe it was lucky for you he didn't have the job from the start
I never thought it was just luck on Glorfindel's part– in fact I was kicking myself the next Day for not having realised how likely it was that a smart Ranger might guess you would be the target.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #434
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I did wonder if you were the ranger since you seemed sure I was innocent too ...of course there was a simple reason for that! Trouble is I never know with you at all and I keep saying to myself you can't always be a wolf..but simly if I play you are! I also have a fatal weakness for not wanting to be rid early of players who amuse me

There is a risk of a lot of second guessing with the ranger guard - for both parties - do you go for the obvious choice or the second obvious choice and hope the opposition does the same. So I was not at all suprised that I died when I did - just sorry that I didn't make better use of the time .. but the connection thing didn't help nor did that there was so little activity at times of the day when I am normally awake. Also it is hard to get motivated to trawl through pages of posts when you don't have the new insight of knowing roles. Heigh ho... Maybe one day I'll get to be the hunter and getting killed will be more fun!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #435
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I did wonder if you were the ranger since you seemed sure I was innocent too ...of course there was a simple reason for that!
I was of course laying ground for a possible reveal– I might have done it yesterDay if things hadn't gone our way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Trouble is I never know with you at all and I keep saying to myself you can't always be a wolf..but simly if I play you are! I also have a fatal weakness for not wanting to be rid early of players who amuse me
Thank you.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #436
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Pipe

Several of the things I was hoping to see in this game happened: the curiosity of the living about the dead thread, the dead screaming at the living toward the end of the game (), worry over the fact that the evil/good ratio would balance out between the two threads, discussion of whether to sacrifice the ranger, etc. Not all the possibilities were exploited, though, and not all the rules were clear from the beginning. How about I do a sequel in a year or so, maybe with some refinements to the setup? It's too soon for me to get back on the modding list, but I can still plan on it - if people are interested.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #437
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm interested. Definitely interested.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #438
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Yes. I don't think it was as uneven in structure as the outcome suggests. It could have gone differently if we could have more exploited the special roles and not had quite such a high level of drop out rate. Second time around hopefully harder perhaps to get distracted by the sheer novelty.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #439
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

And if next time we don't... um... discredit and completely ignore our seer within the first day...
Old 02-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #440
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well he looked like a cobbler and then was so nasty I stopped listening.